Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Hell Episode: Like a Bat

Something clicks in Sarah's head.

"Sorry," she says as a wakizashi, made of black and silver metal in seven layers forms in her hand.

She looks down on it. She's fearful of it... But regardless of what she thinks, this sword is here.

"I already have a sword. Had I lived, I could have purified as many souls as I destroyed, but it was the treachery of this blade that condemned me... There's no way to restore the souls of Hollows slain without purification or destruction, so believed this sword. Nothing could have erased my alleged sin."

"You genuinely believe that I must shed a tear for beings who would have devoured me? Swordsman, as far as a hollow is concerned, there is no difference between purification and destruction: The hollow itself no longer exists. So few hollows did I slay that I could not have possibly upset the balance. The only sin I committed was self-defense. I feel remorse for destroying souls, but I will not regret protecting myself, and you, Sinner, have no right to cast moral judgment upon your fellows."

"Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, some crimes can't be fixed, you can't rehabilitate anyone who didn't do anything wrong, and if I am to atone by saving souls it will be by tearing down the gates of this inherently unjust realm so that others condemned to this literal Hell--condemned to be messily devoured until they give into Oblivion--may be free to atone on their own terms or else be forced to reincarnate in the hopes that their next self will be less wicked, as such punishments are inherently disproportionate--no early crime can compare to this torture, and torture is inherently immoral."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

The unseen hand flips the blade around and grasps it by the hilt again. "You conflate feeling sorry for those you harmed with feeling sorry you survived. That is your grandest act of self-delusion, for I only asked of you the former, not the latter" , the voice echoes. The no-body sticks the sword in the ground and leans against it. "If you choose to spurn my guess, so be it. I will keep my word and step aside. But know this: if I have no right to pass judgement on you, then neither have you the right to pass judgement on the whole world. All your words are as empty as I am, for I am not a sinner."

"I am Nothing."

And just like that, what is infront of Sarah is a pile of clothes propped up by a sword. A glint of light from her left reveals another thing: the massive pagoda ahead? It is but a shadow. On a tall rock far behind Sarah is a mirror, focusing light of a fire. Before the light, from a wooden beam held up by two others, hangs a contraption made of straw. That is what created the illusion.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah picks up stumpy.

"Come on. It can't be much further at this point."

And then off, further down the path.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah's Burden does not answer. Come to think of it, he has not even bled for a while now. It might be Sarah's dragging just a dried-out, lifeless, heavy husk with her.

The shrines get more and more numerous along the narrow path, but no new people show themselves. Finally the path ends at a cliff as the ground drops down steeply. If Sarah looks down, she can see lava flows from a crack in the hill like blood from a wound. It forms two rivers that border the area ahead. It is a smoother terrain of fine ash and sand, clumped together into low round dunes. In the middle of this isolated desert is a pit of magma, overlooked by what looks like Stonehenge and a giant skeleton. And somethings that look like parly-buried hands of a giant statue of stone.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

"Finally."

Sarah jumps down... Carrying Stumpy with her, of course, as she has no reason not to and it's better than leaving him for the vultures, and uses the green light--Bringer light, to navigate across the air down into the ash and black sand.

She sets stumpy down gently and kneels in the sand.

She's recalled more of herself on the journey here. Become resolute, but Sarah still doesn't remember all of herself. He mind is still addled, her head still hurts, and she's still so hungry.

It's almost unbearable.

Maybe she'll be able to remember more, once her hunger is stated, but she'll need to become a Vasto Lorde for that.

As she kneels in the ashy sand, she takes up some in her cupped hands, and on instinct communes with it and she brings it to her mouth, her mask's jaw unhinging so that her real mouth can taste the sand.

The moment of truth--the ashy sand has reiatsu. These fragments of souls should have power, should be nourishing, and as these souls are mindless and beyond pain and outside the cycle of reincarnation there is no moral consequence to taking them and making them part of something new--or someone else.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Or maybe the strangled atmosphere combined with her Hollow nature has driven Sarah so insane that she now embraces her sword spirit's plan, despite initially telling that psychopath to screw herself. These grains of sand might no longer have any consciousness left, but the Reiatsu they do have is remnants of their evil will from the time they were unrepentant sinners. What good can possibly come from making all of that part of yourself?

Sarah's Burden just lies silent and lifeless in the dust while Sarah revels in it.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, if you need to be stronger...

Sarah eats another handful.

(I think we can slow down a little at this point.)

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Sometime Later

Sarah has just eaten her fifteenth handful of sand and she has to stop.

Her armor retracts back into he markings of its own accord and she's forced onto all fours by a sudden tensing of her muscles, her stiff fingers and toes digging into the ashy sand.

Her muscles begin twitching and bulging, strongly defined, veiny muscles randomly poking in and out of her skin as her bones begin to strtch and crack--almost as if they're breaking.

Her arms and legs lengthen, her fingers and toes doing likewise--her fingers most of all.

Her spine lengthens. Her bones reshape, and she starts growing more skin.

And the whole time, she's cussing and screaming bloody murder.

Ten minutes later, Sarah's evolution from a normal Hollow to a Huge Hollow is complete.

Where once was a humanoid figure is now a hairless bat with an unscaled lizard tail, with strongly defined muscles. Sarah's silver hair is now a spikey, ass length mullet. One can no longer tell she's female. Sarah's black markings extend all of the Bat's body--forming repeating loops resembling extended infinity symbols made of chain-link on her wings, which are of course pieced somewhat by her shackles, but not so much that she couldn't fly.

Of course, as of this moment Sarah is collapsed in the sand, in too much pain to even tink of flying.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

As she lies there, the dust she threw in the air by thrashing about slowly settles on her unmoving body. It colors her in the same dull greys as her surroundings, making her look little more than another pile of dust.

Her Burden is likewise covered. Unmoving and silent, his head is turned on its side so his sole remaining eye ends up staring at her.

Nothing happens for a long while.

Then... a distant sound of a flute playing.

Then drums.

Then singing.

Far to Sarah's left, only barely visible to her from the ground, is... a procession. Approaching the pit of magma and the stone shrine surrounding it, they move in a line, twenty of them in all. They all have black cloaks draped over their bodies, closed with buttons of white bone. They all wear identical, black-and-white masks, roughly lightbulb-shaped, exposing only their eyes.

The leader plays a flute. The second in line carries a marching drum and beats the rhytm. Some others also carry instruments such as pipes or lutes. Those who do not, instead carry stretchers with them. Whoever might be carried on those things have also been covered with black cloth.

All who can, chant or sing to the tune of this haunting song, as they march morosely towards the pit.

Spoiler: lyrics translation
    Show
    A hunchbacked Reaper
    Plows the tracks of land of a cheap woman
    Incense-filled ballroom
    Gives beat to the steps of polka
    Music blares in the underworld
    Wine flows and blood boils
    The pedals of a black organ are pressed
    By the Cantor of Death

Background scream: Welcome!

In the embers whores sway
    Their eyes glimmer in the night
    Pairs of bulls rejoice in breaking wheels of Belsebub
    Their lances held high, on the backs of pigs, the soldiers ride
    Towards Hades, Hades, Hades
    Hades, Hades
    I sell my soul to Satan but won't stay under that Devil
    In Hades, Hades, Hades
    Hades, Hades

Limbs tear
    Wheels turn
    To the ravens they feed
    Greasy meat
    Untill the dawn!

Chorus: In the lowest vilest Hell
    You can start digging your grave
    Your devil tongue, your fragile mind, will be strung
    To sing in the choir
    To repeat your lies
    In the deepest pit of Hades
    You can stay to straighten your crooked spine
    Your snake's tongue, your sick mind, will be taught
    To kiss your master
    And sing your lies!

In merriment sway the bodies of drunken fools
    In Grim Reaper's hand a straight flush, in the grasp of a stranger a hanging noose
    Crosses *) won't help when hanging out with thieves
    Only Spades, Spades, Spades
    Spades, Spades
    I show my hand to Satan, then my Queen **) gets trapped under that Devil
    In Hades, Hades, Hades
    Hades, Hades

Repeat chorus

In the lowest, vilest Hell!
    In the deepest pit of Hades!
    Your sick devil's tongue will be strung
    To forever sing your beautifull lies!

Translators notes:
    *) The House of Clubs is called "Crosses" in Finnish ("Risti"). The line is a biblical allusion
    **) the Finnish word used is "akka" which can be used to mean Queen in cards, but is also mildly derogatory term for older women, esp. one's own wife. You could replace "my Queen" with "my bitch".

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

"What the Hell?"

Pun, not intended.

Sarah uses Fullbring on the ash and sand coating her body, willing it into her mouth and consuming the reishi and soul fragments, and then, still shakey, she kind of shifts stumpy(or at least his body) onto her back and four-limb crawls, close to the ground, closer to the procession through without directly getting into its way.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

The music and marching of the procession drowns out the sound of Sarah crawling towards them and no-one looks her way. Eventually, the procession reaches the pit and forms a circle around it. The glow of magma gives orange hue to those around the pit, while the giant skeleton looms above.

The music gets more frantic and those carrying the stretchers throw their burdens into the pit. The stretchers, the cloth and whatever was under them catches fire. Foul smoke rises from the pit and smell of burning flesh and bone fills the air.

Then, chains materializes from thin air. It glows orange with heat. The music stops as the cloaked figures drop their instruments. Everyone grabs the chains and pulls.

From the pit, emerge... people. The chains are attached to shackles around their limbs or collars around their necks or embedded directly in their flesh. If Sarah could sneak to the edge of the pit and look down, or if she climbs on one of those stone fingers poking out of the sand to get a better look, she could see what happens in there: the dead reform out of the magma, bones first, then organs, flesh, skin...

The resurrected people gasp and tremble, naked in the dust, as their chains cool down. Then, a breeze blows past and they are all suddenly dressed in white garbs. The cloaked figures drag them on their feet, gather their instruments and begin to leave.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Bodies go in... revived Sinners come out...

Is this how being reborn from the magma works?

Stumpy's dead it seems...

Sarah check's stumpy for any sign of life.

If he's dead, she dumps his body into the magma to see if he'll come back... Once the procession is far enough away.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

She has to wait for some time, but eventually the procession is far enough that no-one could see her.

Her Burden's indeed quite lifeless, but even if there was some spark of life left in him, who cares? It doesn't matter if Sarah accidentally kills him by throwing him in the pit, if he's going to be resurrected by it.

So, Sarah dunks him in the pit.

His corpse stays afloat on the molten stone, then bursts into flames. If Sarah watches, she can see his flesh burn and melt off his bones. But his bones... they just refuse to be destroyed. Instead, they stay afloat and turn angry orange, like heated metal. Things stay like this for a while. Then the molten stone begins to bubble and engulfs the skeleton. The liquid matter roils and boils, forming into a bubble... and then the bubble bursts and the shape of a muscular, naked man leaps out of the pit.

He stands on the edge of the pit, a tall silhouette against the glow of the pit, but when he tries taking a step forward, he stumbles and falls on his face. The reason is shackles around his ankles, attached together with a short chain.

The man curses, crawls on all fours, and a breeze blows past, causing a white kimono shirt and white hakama to appear on him.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The Bat That Was Sarah slowly approaches stumpy as he stumbles forward.

"You okay... Relativly speaking?"

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

The man looks up from the ground, then yells in surprise and jumps up... causing him to stumble and almost fall back in the pit. He just barely manages to avoid that, falling on his ass just on the edge.

"Holy Christ!" , he shouts. "What happened? Are you that Hollow girl? 'Cause if you are... you sure have been eating your vitamins!"

He rubs his eyes, blinks and looks around. "Hey... where's that sword of mine?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

"No, just sand."

This player has been assuming that stumpies sword was included in hauling stumpy around, which means it should be where Sarah was when she dumped him in the magma.

"Sword should be over there," the bat points a wing in that direction.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, there was always a possibility that Sarah just lost it on the way.

The man hops to the sword and picks it up. "Almost as good as new."

As he holds it, something weird happens. The black color of the blade... it bleeds on his clothes, turning them from white to black. The sash around his waist turns from white to red.

"Excellent. Now lets see if I can do this..." He puts his hand over his head, as if grasping something invisible. Then he pulls his hand down, and a bone white mask appears on his face.

"Excellent" , he hisses, steam rising from between the teeth of his mask. He sheathes his sword, the sheath materializing out of nowhere, and places it on his hip.

"Now I only need one of those cloaks and masks and... Oh, God damn it!" He trips on his chains again and face faults.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

"You're one of the Sin Rostra... Or at least a piece of one... You're here because of the sins of a person who no longer exists, aren't you?"

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ow..." , the man mutters on the ground before crawling on all fours again. He looks at Sarah when she talks... and begins laughing. "Heh... Hehehe... HAHAHAHA!"

The mouth of his mask snaps open as he stands up, his voice gaining a shrill and eerie quality. It echoes around the desert of crushed bone... even as he gets some of that dust in his mouth and chokes on it.

"Ack!" *cough* *cough* "Yuck! Ptfui!"

He lifts his mask up, gags and spits the dust out, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. "A correction, little girlie... for the longest time, I didn't exist. But I do now."

He puts his mask back on and faces her. "Sin Rostro... you know what those are made of? The Menos Grande." He waves his arm, as if to encircle the entire desert. "We used to be like this sand... numerous as **** and with as little will and knowledge. Just waiting for the day someone would eat us, or the day we would finally stop moving and crumble into dust."

He points a thumb at himself. "This place is the first one in a very long time where I feel like myself. And whatever the sins of that person were... do you know what I believe?"

He spreads his arms and puffs his chest. "That I am here, must mean the consequences of the sin I committed still haven't been extinquished. It means I left a mark, girl. Heh... Hehehe! The world still languishes under the suffering I caused! Isn't that a comforting thought?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

"Of freaking course..." Sarah mutters.

Of course stumpy turns out to be evil and crazy instead of just crazy. It's hell. What did she expect?

She goes and starts eating more sand.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

As Sarah turns to leave, the man grasps his cheecks and his mask twists in a cartoonish expression of horror. " 'Oh, no! He must be crazy! He must be evil!'" He is mimicking Sarah's voice... or how he imagines Sarah would sound, if scared.

He shakes his head and snorts. "That's what you thought, isn't it?" , he shouts after Sarah. "Isn't that being a wee bit hypocritical, girlie? Passing judgement on other sinners, while believing you yourself to have done nothing wrong? You didn't even go through the trouble of asking what I actually did!"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"What did you do, then?"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-04-19 at 10:15 AM.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

The man hops closer. "Well, see, that is quite a story" , he says with a smug undertone, but then his voice becomes wistfull and solemn. "Once upon a time, there was a kingdom. Their borders were being encroached by foreigners. Those foreigners were poor and had but clothes on their back, but it was feared that if their numbers would grow, they would rise up and overthrow the original people of the land. "

"These foreigners... they'd been driven from their own lands by a feud between their own people. They wished the people of the kingdom would give them land so they could feed themselves. The nobility of the kingdom accepted, but they would not suffer the foreigners to carry weapons or learn the arts of war. They also passed a law, limiting the number of children they could have. Any excess children, they would be taken away."

"Not out of malice, you see. Oh no. Just worry over balance of society. To make these laws more palatable, the nobles and their King reached out. They called for a champion to rise from amongst the ranks of the foreigners, and appointed him a representative of the government. He was permitted those things banned from others, so he could serve in his position."

"But of course, the representative had more sympathy for his own people than those of the kingdom. He saw them quiver in fear of the same warrior caste he himself had been inducted to. He began turning a blind eye to their transgressions. If someone had an extra kid or wanted to learn the arts, it was no skin off his nose... just a little secret between friends. It's only a crime if you get caught, right?"

" But he, himself, was caught, when his actions began to undermine the very laws he was meant to enforce. The number of the foreigners grew larger than the land could support, and they began demanding more. No longer did they suffer the nobles taking their kids away, instead attacking them vicioisly. "

" The nobles called the representative before a court. They accused him of failing his duties to the kingdom, of disgracing his position, and demanded he take his own life in exchange. "

"So, little girlie. Can you guess what happened next?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"If he'd really believed that what he'd done was just, he'd have taken his sword onto all of his accusers and make them kill him themselves instead of being too chicken-**** to get their hands dirty while punishing them for what he perceived as transgressions against his own people. Granted, that wouldn't have nessesarily been the smart thing to do."

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

The man cackles while leaning a hand on Sarah's massive body. "That's quite close! I laud you for paying attention!"

"So what the representative did... he took the ceremonial knife they had laid upon a table for him to use and end his life... and leaped at the gathered nobles, cutting their throats, gouging their eyes, slashing their bellies! He killed many of their number before the guards brought him down and he died with a smile on his face. "

"Ever since, those who have committed a capital crime have been brought before the court in chains. They are no longer given a knife of their own. At best, a symbolic item, such as a fan. The executioner is always someone else."

"Some of those nobles killed by the representative... they were the last of their lines. The kingdom was never the same. Or, so I believe. So what do you make of this story, girlie?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-19 at 11:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you the representative or one of the nobles?"

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"What'd you think?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"You take satisfaction in the belief that the harm you inflicted hasn't healed, so you might be the representative... But a smug noble would be satisfied by his legacy remaining intact in some form, even if that legacy was merely your actions leading to your own death and the extermination of rival lines."

"As a menos, you could even be the representative and one or more nobles. The violent death keeping them from moving on until one hollowfied and devoured the others..."

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

The man scoffs. "What kind of a noble would take satisfaction in such a fate? Oh wait, sorry, I know the answer to that one - the self-hating kind."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Either way, the world wasn't the same. The course of history changed - and that's why, untill the world itself is upturned and remade, I will remain in this place. It's only just - if the ultimate consequence of each act decides what's right or wrong."

The man puts his hand on his heart. "That means I mattered. I think it gives a little meaning to this otherwise absurd existence."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"Or maybe you're still here becuase you simply haven't given into Oblivion yet. Becuase they haven't broken you. Hell doesn't care who you are, what you did, or why you didn't what you did. I regretted destroying a dozen souls, once I'd learned I did it, but I hit enough check-boxes to end up down and becuase I refuse to shed tears for the monsters that tried to eat my soul... There's no justice in Hell. There's no meaning in life--you think that there are Gods who created all of this for some purpose? This was all here, it's an automatic process and as in all automatic processes if it's spread too wide you get problems... There are no Gods. There is no meaning. You're just an inconsequential speck of dust in a universe hundreds of billions of times the size of anything we can even begin to comprehend. Nothing cares about your sins but you, this is just an uncaring pit that exists to make people hurt."

Sarah punctuates that sentence by burring her face in the sand and coming back up with a mouth full of it.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other