Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Hell Episode: Like a Bat

"Hah... Haha! You think that, when the signs of intentionality are all around you?" He nudges Sarah to look at the shrine of resurrection. "Look at that. Just look at it! Does that look like the result of an automatic process?"

The man shakes his head.

"This place? It reeks of intentionality. Hell cares, girlie. It wants you to suffer."

He spreads his arms and spins around. "So many crushed bones! So many people who died within sight of resurrection! The irony! The symbolism! This is very much about justice, girlie! Only a human sense of justice could be twisted enough to come up with something like this!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"/mayhaps the shrine was built around the magma pit when it was discovered that it resurrected the Sinners? Maybe this is all a giant fluke?"

She eats more sand.

"I mean, if this existed solely to punish, the punishments would be proportionate to the crime and sinners would reincarnate when their karmic dept was repaid. And I say it's automatic because it doesn't give a damn about context."

More sand.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"Karma. Tch. That is exactly what I have been talking about" , the man says. "Karma is cause and effect. Karma is consequence. A karmic debt is not paid untill every last consequence of a person's act has been seen through and nullified."

He hops around Sarah so he can look her in the eye. "The oldest grains of sand in Hueco Mundo, made from corpses of the oldest Menos, have been in place longer than anyone remembers. The souls you dusted might likewise remain there for millenia. Hence, it is proportionate for you to rot here for exactly as long. In the long run, karma is fair. It is just. Neither of those words mean 'kind' or 'forgiving'. "

He looks at the sand Sarah's eating, then at Sarah again. "Those souls, they're like those Hollows you killed. It's only fitting that you'd end up chewing on them. But, you must've heard: you are what you eat. All those souls, so close to resurrection, yet they gave up."

He hops back and traces a symbol in the sand: a snake, biting its own tail. " What does this mean to you? "

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"A really hungry snake."

Mouthful of sand.

"Think: I didn't spend an eternity crushing those souls to paste with my teeth or forcing them to flee from predators for eternity through hellish terrain. Think, is there any crime equivalent to millennia of constant, torturous deaths? Even the most depraved killer can only have a few dozen victims at the most, and the very fact that Hell is forever--no way out--is proof that this has nothing to do with atoning for one's sins. This is torture for the sake of torture, nothing more and nothing less. That is proof that this has nothing to do with karma."

Mouthful of sand.

"You also seem to be fundamentally mistaken. That pit of Magma isn't salvation. It's there so that once your body is broken beyond repair, it can be mended to ensure that your torment continues for eternity. By submitting to Oblivion here, in eyeshot of the tool that is meant to prolong their torture, they well could be spiting the very concept of Eternal damnation. If I am what I eat, then I'm the most stubborn and spiteful bitch in the universe."

Mouthful of sand.

"The Oroborous--the snake fed eternally by it' own tail--is supposed to be a theoretically perfect organism that in term represents the concept of infinite cycles. Perfection and infinity are lies. Nothing is eternal and perfect is an idea that inherently impossible to manifest in reality. The best ou can do is achieve something that's one step closer to being perfect in one specific parameter, but even that is subjective: A world wherein the barrier between the mortal world and the spirit world is maintained to a degree that is one step closer to perfect is a world where any mortals with spiritual powers are forced to choose between death or crippling themselves. One who values the alleged balance of worlds would say that this world is one step closer to perfect but one who values the autonomy of mortals would say it's one step more flawed."

Philosophical brat, isn't she? More sand.

"The old philosophers defined God--not the god of any one faith, but the idea of God, the idea of a creator--as a being who met three or four fundamental categories. Omnipotence: The state of being infinitely, absolutely powerful, possessing all abillities, even those that run counter to each other, even those that are impossible. Omniscience: The state of being all-knowing, having an all-encompassing knowledge of all things that are, were, will be, could be, and could have been. Omnipresence: The state of seeing all that happens as it happens and being able to be present, literally or in spirit, in multiple locations up to and including every space that exists even in locations that do not exist physically such as the inner worlds of the so-called Death-Gods. And Omnibenevolence: The state of being infinitely good, kind, and loving--a light so pure that evil ceases to exist in its presence. An all-encompassing love that includes even that which is harmful or ugly."

Mouthful of sand.

"Omniscience and omnipresence tend to overlap, so one is often led out, but the definition of 'God' as I've read always includes Omnipotence and Omnibenevolence. If this is true, then the very existence of Hell--a place where all crimes are treated with torture far beyond what any mortal crime could compare to until the soul loses all will and submits to oblivion--is proof that there is no singular creator. An all-powerful being who loved all souls would not allow such a place to exist. An all loving being would never allow needless or disproportionate suffering. An all loving being would always allow the possibility of redemption even after death. Hell is inherently disproportionate and once you've been condemned it doesn't matter how bad you feel, once you're here you're here until either you give up or Hell itself breaks."

"A benevolent God would not allow a place like this to exist. And if there is no benevolent god, then the best you can hope for is that he or she is present but uncaring or that he or she doesn't exist and that there's no inherent meaning to anything and creation just is becuase the alternative is that the Creator exists but is actively malevolent. I choose to believe that all the misfortune that has happened to me is the result of random coincidences. The idea of some grand orchestrator that chose to create a world with suffering or worse, deliberately orchestrated my life to include the loss of everyone I've ever been close to... A bit weird for an atheist to be using this phrasing, but I find the idea that God or Gods exist but are actively malevolent to be more blasphemous than the idea that they don't exist."

And another mouthful of sand.

"There's gotta be a faster way to do this."

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

The man claps his hands together in applause. "Well done! But did you notice it? The contradiction in your own speech?"

He holds up one finger and shakes it before Sarah. "At one point, you claimed the souls here abandoned resurrection to spite Hell, as some willfull act. And then you went right back to claiming they were broken and gave up."

"One is not like the other, girl. You already know the answer. You are eating these sands so you would become more powerfull. But these sands, they don't contain all that much power. Because spiritual power is tied to one's Will! That's why it is taking you forever."

He points at the pit again. "You said it yourself: the Ouroboros is just a really hungry snake. A despairing creature, doomed to starve to death under laws of entropy. Perfection, infinity, eternal life, are all lies. But you refuse to admit what it means for yourself. Because you want to live forever. "

He strikes the sand out of Sarah's mouth.

"These people got dusted because they realized this is what any pursuit of 'eternal life' looks like in the end. There is nothing better at the end of the rope for any of us. Not for you, not for me."

He points accusingly at Sarah. "Only if the world itself is cast into a lake of fire, like I was cast into that pit, can it be changed! But you aren't doing that! You curse the world, but you still only think of yourself! That is slave morality, girl! The mindset of a weakling cowering before her master's fist! You lack the true Will to Power! No true master of their self runs away from pain! They don't try to avoid suffering! They embrace it! Suffering is what makes us strong! If the throne of heavens is empty, then that means it is free for the taking! If God does not exist, then it is time for us to become Him!"

"If the world is unjust, it is only moral to annihilate it and build a new one in your image!"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

"Spite and Dispair aren't exclusive. For all you know, the first souls to perish in this desert chose this spot to give up as a final act of defiance."

"Now? Who said I wanted to live forever? I just want to live life without pain, as I've had enough of it. I got to be almost as strong as a Menos without any suffering, and I don't hear about any death-gods complaining that their training was torture. People who claim that power must come from suffering must have a lower tolerance for pain than I do, and I'll admit that I don't have much of one."

"These souls? You feel the spiritual pressure that they put out passively, don't you? Each grain of sand is but a small piece of a soul, the pressure is faint, but each one of them has more spiritual power than most complete souls. Put together enough grains to make a complete soul, and you've got a powerful soul with no will."

Mouthful of sand.

"That's the problem with spirits. You're all wrapped up in philosophy but you can't set it down for practical matters when facts are staring you in the face. For example, you claim I'm after power? But what good is power in Hell? What amount of power could possibly Help, and if there was a level of power that could let me escape, why would the Wardens allow me to get to it? I can't possibly be the first hollow to come to this dessert. I'm not eating for power. I'm eating becuase I'm hungry. Becoming a Vasto Lorde is one of the only two ways to remove the hunger of a hollow. The other, to become an Arrancar... Only a sapient menos or higher level Hollow can survive making themselves an Arrancar, and tearing your mask off yourself cripples you and leaves you vulnerable. This is the worst possible place to make yourself so vulnerable."

"Now think, Stumpy: How can one become Omnipotent, Omnibenevolent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent? You can't. It's impossible. So how can one become 'God?' Not even the Soul King is 'God.' Even if it was possible for me to claim the Throne of Heaven, recreating the Universe would require me to Destroy the Universe. If I destroyed the universe, then I'd have to utterly destroy every soul that currently exists. Even beyond the shattering of these souls, it's total oblivion. Mind and Body gon forever."

"If I did that... That's far beyond any crime that mortals or souls can do. If I did that, then I'd deserve this. It's better to live and die a slave than prove the *******s right about you. Even if the *******s are just personifications of automatic processes."

Sarah contemplates the desert...

And uses Fullbring on it, to try and make the sand fly into her mouth faster than she can eat it manually.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

" Pffft. You think you didn't suffer for your power? Hah... HAHAHA!" The man drops to the ground, laughing, holding his belly. When he manages to collect himself, he stands up and strikes the sand out of Sarah's mouth again. "Listen, you fool! Shinigami don't complain about their suffering because they find meaning in it! Bruises received in training, scars received in battle, lost limbs, death... they are proud of those! Lower tolerance for pain? Hah! It's the opposite! Because they push through the pain, they reach ever greater heights! That's how a Shinigami can rival Menos even if they are just a single soul! Where as you are just a big fat glutton hoping for a get-out-of-jail-free card! "

He somersaults on his hands, then springs up to kick Sarah in the face with both of his feet.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah vanishes in a flash of green light and reappears elsewhere. Stumpy hits nothing but ground.

"You think bruises from work or play counts as suffering? Then you must be much weaker than I am. Do you know how I got so strong? I used my powers. Every day. No breaks. Practice isn't suffering. Training isn't suffering. I was born able to see, Stumpy. So were Mamma and Daddy, and all my Neighbors back in little-ole Spookyrock... That wasn't what the town was originally called. They changed it like, three years before I was born for the Tourists. By your logic, we all had to have been suffering in utero."

"Power begets power. The need for power begets power. Can suffering cause that need? Yes. But so can stretching your power to the limits on a daily basis just from every day practical use."

"And I tell you, I ain't doin' this for power. I'm doing it because I'm never gonna be able to think straight if I don't get rid of this damnable hunger."

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

The man just flips back on his feet. "Of course you were suffering in the womb! What, you think that's an absurd thought? Bah!"

The man hops and turns to face Sarah again. "To exist is to suffer! Everything that causes discomfort, no matter if it is small or great, physical, mental or spiritual, is suffering! Self-inflicted or not, purposefull or not... none of those change a thing!"

He draws his sword. "The desire fueling your powers? The motive that drove you to practice? All rooted in your traumas and fear of pain! All rooted in suffering! Your indignation at an unjust world? Your hunger? Suffering, likewise!"

"Suffering, suffering, suffering! To claim otherwise is to just be in denial. Worse, there isn't even a point in denying it to me!"

He grasps his sword with both hands. "I've lived through what you're trying to do. And I can tell you don't have it what it takes! No Menos became a Vasto Lorde by sitting on their ass and eating sand! They had to fight! It is only through battle that instinct and power can be honed to such a level! If you aren't ready to fight for your Will, you are just sand like the rest of them! "

He lunges at Sarah, stabbing the blade towards her side, where her wing attaches to her body.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Once more Sarah is moved to the side in a burst of green light.

"You sound like an Emo ****wit right now, you know? 'Oh, boo hoo everything is suffering and everyone one who says otherwise is in denial.' Cry me a freaking river."

"But if you wanna fight so bad... You wanna party... Then I hope you're ready to die!"

The Bat Who Was Sarah flaps her wings and takes to the sky. The jaw of her mask unhinges and swirling, high-density reiryoku forms in her mouth as she charges a Cero.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

The man looks up at the bat, his arms spread wide, sword in his right hand. "Cry? What, me? I'm the one who finds meaning in this , you blind flying rat! If I die, I will just resurrect! I'm enjoying every second!" He beats his chest for emphasis. "What are you waiting for? Shoot already!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-20 at 02:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The cero is fired directly at the man.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

KA-BOOM!

The blast squarely hits the spot where the man stands and turns a patch of the desert into a nice little mushroom cloud. The shockwave hits the ancient stone monuments and makes them tremble, the giant skeleton rattling like it might fall apart.

The pressure hits Sarah herself too, pushing her upwards. But...

"Not enough gun. "

The man lies on his back at the center of the crater left behind, his feet up in the air. He... used his shackles to ward off the explosion?

He jumps back on his feet. "Not even close to enough gun!"

Was he hoping the Cero would break his chains?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

The bat dives for the man, trying to grab at him with her clawed feet.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

The man lets it happen. Because if the bat's holding him in its claws, that means it's close enough to hit with his sword. He begins hacking and stabbing at its legs at the earliest opportunity.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-20 at 02:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the bat is really fast

In the short time it takes him to get his bearings, they're already very high up in the air.

Hacking at her legs at this point would mean he'd fall and hit the ground at terminal velocity.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

The man's bones are metal with melting point higher than stone, and who knows what his skin and flesh are made of. If he hit the ground at that speed, the ground would hurt more than him. He just cackles with joy as he hacks at the bat's legs.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-20 at 03:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

CLANG!

As he swings, the girl's armor, twisted and contorted to fit a bat forms.

And now she's too heavy to fly.

Down they go, with a really heavy baton top of him, holding him out to make sure he hits the ground first.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that's easy enough. But he is quite small compared to the bat, so he doesn't make much of a cushion. The two of them create another, smaller cloud of dust as they smack down on the desert.

"Haha! I was right! You are a fat glutton!" , the man shouts from the ground, half buried in sand.

Then he starts pushing himself up. So the bat is fat and clad in armor. That's just a speed bump. Even if the bat was a solid ingot of lead, he'd be able to press it off him.

"Did using those wings take all your focus? What useless things! We are spirits of the dead! We don't need wings to fly! "

To demonstrate, he surrounds himself with angry red aura. If the bat does not move, he will jump and push it back to the sky himself.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Or maybe I did it on purpose."

She headbutts him, trying to slam her now indestructible horned mask into the man's face.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Bonk.

The long nose of the man's mask bends, his head jerking back. "Hah! You don't have muscles for this, girl!"

The man grabs one of the bat's horns for support with his left hand and headbutts it in turn. The shockwave kicks up a third cloud of dust.

"Steel of an axe is tougher than wood, but a weak arm can't use it to cut a tree!"

He stabs upwards with his sword, aiming for the bat's mouth.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, Sarah's horns aren't that long. Not much good for leverage.

a turn of the head prevents the blade from hitting the seam of the mask

And then it feels as though somethings pulling on the sword as Sarah tries to rip it from his hand with fullbring.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

The man's not looking for leverage - just something to hold on to so that he can stay within arm's length of the bat.

His sword is surrounded by green light and its blade vibrates as the telekinetic force pulls on it. "Oho? What's this?"

He pulls his arm and sword back, the green light drowned out by an angry red glow. "Don't be ridiculous! This sword is part of my spirit! An extension of my Will! You think you can just ask nicely and it will do what you want? You think you can use mere air to wrench it from my grasp?"

He beats the side of the bat's mask with his sword, each strike hard enough to make the ground tremble.

"Shinigami put more effort than this in their basic binding spells! I wouldn't rate this on par with even Bakudo #4! You would do better at disarming me with your teeth!"

The man's sword arm twists, contorts and bulges, growing in size untill his sword looks more like a knife in his hand. His mask is not just for show - on some level, he is channeling the entire physical strength of a Menos Grande. If his schackles didn't bind his feet together and restrict his power, he might be able to grow into gigantic proportions at will.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-21 at 09:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

He need not hold her mask to stay close.

She never let go of his shoulders.

Sarah spreads her wings and a Bala forms at the tip of each "finger." With a flap, each one is shot at the menos.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe, but he isn't trusting the bat to not let go.

A series of explosions rocks the ground, digging a pit on the spot where the two fight. The man's body deforms like a lump of clay where the shots hit him... but at the end of the assault, he pops right back to shape. His clothes are torn away where the blasts hit him, leaving him naked save for his mask, shackles, sash and a few strips of black cloth hanging around his waist and enlarged sword arm.

But his skin... it remains unpierced. Sarah can see his veins pop and his muscles bulge and move as if they were a pack of rats captured under a cloth.

"Still not enough gun!"

The man lets go of the bat's horn and instead reaches for its neck, his left arm and hand growing in size untill they're big enough to wrap around it.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

As the man reaches for her throat, the bat open's wide and goes to bite the hand.

Those indestructible metal teeth seem pretty sharp.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Black, ink-like blood splatters from the wound and on the bat's face. Its teeth sink into the man's rubbery flesh and stop at his metallic bones. "Haha! Now you're fighting like a Hollow!" , he cackles. "Bala!"

He channels his energy through the hand that's being bitten and tries to shoot the blast into the bat's mouth, inside its mask.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

...Were did the bala go?

There's something weird going on.

This man wasn't there when Shin-Tan Ubai explained how her memories extended past the Hollow whose broken heart Sarah had inherited.

How the Shinigami Sakura had a zanpakuto that drained reiryoku.

How Sakura's Hollow Self--the Devil Queen whose Heart Sarah had inherited. The Batlike Adjuchas who influenced Sarah's hollow form had manifested this ability in the form of a 'vampire bite.'

Little by little, the man's losing more than just blood.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hah! You really are a sucker! " , the man cackles as the bat feasts on his energy. "And here I thought you were a dyke! But looks like you, just like every needy teenage girl, were just gagging to suck a man dry. Hahaha!"

The man keeps bashing at the bat with his sword, but little by little, his blows grow weaker. His freakish muscles shrink back to normal size, then shrink even further untill he's just emaciated figure of skin and bone.

His eyes go from red to blue. Yet, the mask stays on. Sarah might realize that she can't just leave this guy be. There's a glimmer of power that she just can't reach. The skeletal figure dangles from the teeth and claw of the bat like a broken doll.

"Go ahead. Go ahead! Eat me! EAT ME! Drink my blood, gnaw at my entrails, suck the marrow out of my bones... it's not like it matters. I will simply... revive again... tomorrow... they'll tear off my arms... And stab me... over and over again... "

"Haha... Hahaha..."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-21 at 12:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah takes offense both to the sexually charged comment and the slur the man used.

She's gay.

Why does that matter?

What is it with menos level Arrancar and sexually charged comments?

Sarah devours the menos. Messily. Tears him apart and consumes everything.

Even his sword.

How many souls compose this being? Does it matter?

A menos is a menos.

And now Sarah is a Menos.

She screams. An ear-splitting roar.

She explodes into reiryoku and reiatsu, which reforms into a massive cloaked figure--a Menos Grande, wearing Sarah's horned skull mask.

The new Menos is still and silent for a moment, as Shackles reform around its wrists, and ankles, and around its neck over its cloak.

If one was mad, one might even think it was sad now.

And then it opens its mouth, and channels just a small piece of its power into the sands as it roars once more.

A roar it's heard before. A command to become part of something greater than yourself.

Combined with Fullbring, it's calling upon the broken souls of the sands to become one with it, and a torrent of ashy sand answers the call, flying into its mouth.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other