Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Hell Episode: Like a Bat

She's learned by example? Lobo would be proud.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, Menos Grande are big sons of bitches.

Something that size, sucking up the equivalent of dozens of souls a second... Someone's gonna notice.

Or something.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Dozens?

More like thousands. At that size, Sarah rivals those skull-headed ape-things and each mouthfull of sand is as large as an excavator's bucket cutting through the ground. In a few hours, she has dug herself a pit comparable to open-pit sandmines.

It's a lot of sand.

It hasn't made her less hungry.

It's only barely making her more powerful at this point.

She's just a big sad goblin alone on her sandbox, with no-one to play with her.

The skeleton hanging above the shrine is the only thing around that's her size, staring at her with its empty eyesockets.

Then... tremors.

Ahead, where the rivers of lava dive down a cliff and disappear from view, the ground starts falling apart. The sand begins flowing along like a fluid, the current pulling Sarah's massive bulk towards the edge.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

The Menos that was Sarah stands and tries to stabilize herself as she observes what's happening, even as she continues to call the broken souls of the desert to become part of herself.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

The sands keeps streaming past her as the ground cracks more and more. A fissure opens, reaching from the crumbling edge towards Sarah's feet. A massive hand rises up from the fissure, then a second, then a third, a fourth, a fifth...

From the flowing sand, skull-like heads emerge, staring at Sarah emotionlessly with their glowing yellow eyes. Ponderously, the wardens of Hell climb onto the desert even as the sand keeps pouring down.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah cuts off her consumption.

Thousands of soul fragments a second for several hours.

Each of them assembled into a soul creates a powerful soul.

At this moment, Sarah is composed of the equivalent of least ten thousand complete souls. Perhaps even several ten-thousands.

The robes of the Menos Grande expand and tear.

Wings, like a bat's... Or maybe a Dragon's? Tear from behind th robe, as does a long, lizard-like tail.

She now has six limbs, by the way.

She's not an Adjucha yet. There's still something missing. But the process has begun.

And she roars.

It should be obvious to even the basest, most mindless of beasts.

'You wanna come for the queen? You'd best bring your A-game, bitch.'

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

The wardens calmly march to form a circle around her. More emerge from the fissure on the ground by the moment.

Some of them reach forward as if to grasp something invisible. In response, the black chains attached to Sarah's shackles extend, or rather, reveal themselves to be longer than they seemed. Completely silent and expressionless, the wardens begin pulling at the chains, to drag Sarah with them.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Do you think Sarah lived as long as she did by being easily moved if she didn't want to go?

She's far, far too large for the wardens to easily pull. She's the same size as them. What are they gonna do? Eat her? She's too big.

Her feet don't move. She pulls her arms back to resist the pull... But one of the shackles is on her neck, and Sarah leans into the pull on that chain, aiming to sink her teeth into the warden's unarmored left shoulder.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah didn't live for all that long and one could say a good part of her life was defined by fate yanking her from one place to the next.

Her current form easily rivals any one of the wardens. But... that's the problem. There's only one of her. But she can count four of them just now, with the fifth and sixth on their way. They outnumber her, they outmass her, sooner or later, they will overpower her.

Who knows what they plan to do when that happens. They're moving so slowly, they're clearly not in a hurry. That's why, when Sarah reverses her direction and darts at one of them, she manages to put it off balance. The massive creature falls on one knee and has to let go of the chain with its left hand so it can take support from the ground. Sarah sinks her teeth in its dull grey flesh...

... and finds there is no life there.

Like her chains, whatever power animates these creatures is property of Hell itself.

She can't have it.

Because it hasn't been Decided she should have it.

These creatures, they want to keep her in. They don't want to let her out. And that's that.

Could they Decide otherwise? Maybe. What would make them Decide otherwise? Entirely obscure.

The creature Sarah is biting lets go of her chain with its other hand also, in favor of trying to wrap both of its hands around Sarah's jaws and pull them open. Another picks up the chain, and they continue their slow yet purposefull attempt to drag Sarah with them.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Without letting go, Sarah forms a Cero in her mouth and fires it directly into the Warden's flesh.

Before one of them could catch it.

Now? Now it wouldn't have the chance too, and she's much, much stronger now than she was then.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

The warden's flesh swells and then explodes, with Sarah obviously being caught in the center of it. Sarah's teeth lose grip of the warden's shoulder, mostly because there is nothing left to grip anymore. Sarah's own face and body absorb a good chunk of the force, but what's left over still creates s second fissure behind the injured warden. The warden topples to its side, its remaining hand slipping off Sarah's mask and hitting the ground. The ground gives away and the two fissures join together, turning a big chunk of the bedrock on which the desert rests into a massive landslide.

The warden holding the chain attached to Sarah's collar loses its footing and starts slipping down with the ground. The others, who were holding the chains attached to Sarah's limbs, are being pulled along. It looks like all of them will fall into the pit, pulling Sarah with them.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah locks her feet, doing her best to resist the pull even as she slides toward the fissure.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Locking her feet does little when the ground itself is crumbling away. It soon becomes clear only Sarah's own wings and own spiritual power can hope to slow down her fall, as stone and sand rain down around her.

Through the dust and deafening rumble, a new view is slowly revealed: a landscape of volcanic vents and rivers of molten stone. Sarah is sliding towards it along a slope of black stone, pulled by the weight of five ape-like creatures hanging on to her chains.

The volcanic hellscape continues as far as the eyes can see, with a bizarre yellow-tinted sky hanging above. Clouds of ash crackle with static electricity, with the occasional flash of lightning splitting the sky.

This is it.

The lowest level of Hell.

This is the ugly rock bottom of the spirit world and Sarah's headed down towards it.

She might be able to guess what the wardens will do to her if they can pull her to the ground. They don't care about injuring her or killing her, she's already beyond any lesson pain or death could teach her. They simply plan to bury her so deep in the underworld that she can't dig herself back up. They'll pile and sit on her if they have to, just to keep her down. Even if she is invulnerable, her strength is limited. There is some amount of stone, chains and dead bodies even she can't lift.

That is the wardens' determination, that is their purpose and that is the Will of Hell itself untill the world itself shifts.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah? Sarah doesn't give. One. Steaming. **** what hell wants.

What it's will is.

She's only here on a technicallity--only here becuase she can't atone for a sin without feeling remorse for killing others when it was that or a horrible, violent death.

Does she feel remorse for destroying souls? Yes, now that she knows that's what happened. Would she restore those souls if she could? Yes.

But she will not apologize for killing them in the first place. She will not shed tears becuase she lived.

She flaps her massive wings and stands upon Hell's dense air.

And she communes. She communes with the chains. She communes with the Wardens. She communes with Hell Itself.

She speaks, and green light carries the message down the chains o the very will of Hell.

"Evil Place. Wicked Thing that inflicts eternal suffering no matter the crime, no matter who patient, to mortals and only mortals. One Day... One Day, I will make this right. One Day, Hell will change, by my hand."

Sarah is not God. She can not and will not replace the Soul King, will not destroy the world and all the people in it just to make a world that's better for her.

But she can sure as Hell try to fix Hell.

"Release me. Or be destroyed."

And then... She pulls.

She doesn't care that the Wardens are 'lifeless.' She only ate the broken souls becuase it was the most moral option to try and sate her hunger. that went out the window when she lost control of herself while fighting Stumpy, but...

Hell is Evil. It's an Evil place that only inflicts harm.

Sarah doesn't care if feeding on Hell itself harms Hell, becuase now it's the most moral way of feeding her hunger.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah can pull all she likes. There is nothing she can take from her chains or the wardens, for Hell's power can only be given. She receives no real reply, only an echo of her own recent memory:

"You conflate feeling sorry for those you harmed with feeling sorry you survived. That is your grandest act of self-delusion, for I only asked of you the former, not the latter. "

"If I have no right to pass judgement on you, then neither have you the right to pass judgement on the whole world. All your words are as empty as I am."

The wardens hit the ground, causing one the volcanic columns to topple over and cover them in obsidian and lava. Sarah's chains go slack for a moment and she's left to float over them like a colossal kite.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah roars again and pulls up, against the chains.

She feels sorry for the souls she destroyed, now that she knows about it. If that was it, she wouldn't have been sent to Hell in the first place--she found out before she was banished.

So what else is there to be punished for but that she survived? It was a choice between killing those Hollows or dying. She's not going to apologize for doing what she had to to survive.

If these bastards are going to punish her for living, she's not gonna make it easy on them.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Giant hands emerge from the lava and pull Sarah's chains taut again. Slowly but purposefully, the wardens resume their tug-of-war with her. As they do, more chains shoot out of the ground towards Sarah. They aren't hers - they are, instead, seeking all those souls Sarah ate, wrapping around her and flailing against her armor, trying to find an opening. The earth opens up with a yawn like a giant maw, devouring the lava and the falling sand. If the wardens and their chains can pull Sarah down, the maw will swallow her also.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah roars and struggles against the chains even as she's dragged to the ground.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

The ground stretches its jaws around flailing Sarah and slams them shut.

Everything goes dark.

She can feel the tremors as the wardens march away, satisfied with their job.

That is the most of what happens in a long, long time.

She can hear the rumbling caused by magma flowing through veins of the earth and feel the warmth from its core. The pressure keeps her from moving much. Well, at least untill her transformation continues and causes her to shrink. What is she, now? A Gillian? An Adjuchas? Some awkward transitional phase between the two?

If she just can find it in herself, she could use this moment to rest. Sleep, even. She needs to do something to gather her strength if she wants to escape.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah seethes at the continued injustice of her imprisonment even as she closes her eyes and tries to focus on her own energy so as to build up strength to break out of the ground.

She focuses for a long time.

How long, she doesn't know?

But when she opens her eyes, she's somewhere else...

Somewhere... somewhere covered in ash.

It all seems so familiar, but she can't place it, not right now...

Those mountains off in the distance look familiar at least, except for that very big one...

But she's pretty sure that she's never been anywhere where the sky was made up upside down skyscrapers with cancer in between then and a bloody human pancreas where the sun was supposed to be...

It's then that Sarah notices that her armor is gone and that she's the nymph once more.

Nothing else to do, Sarah begins walking towards the large, snowy mountain.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

The weird ashen landscape and sky of inverted skyscrapers fades from view long before she reaches her goal. It's hard to say where and when, but its like she crossed over to a different world. Heavy clouds obscure the sky from view as she makes it to the foot of the mountain.

There's a trail marked by piles of stones, leading up the slope. It's leading to a cliff overseeing the snowy plateau Sarah just crossed.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah follows this trail. Eyes open for anything odd.

She's reasonably certain that this is some kind of trick, but what's there to do about it at this point?

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

The trail continues all the way to the summit, if Sarah just wants to keep climbing. The cliff is just a waypoint and a resting stop. Some lonely flakes of snow drift down from the sky. It is completely silent.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

She pauses for a moment...

She can't quite place it, but, something about this is familiar...

...By any chance are any of the snowflakes ouroboros shaped?

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

She has to capture one on her palm and look quickly before it melts to water. But yes, fractal-like, the core of the ice crystal creates a pattern resembling a snake biting its own tail.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

One can't see it, becuase of the mask, but Sarah's eye twitches.

"God... Freakin'. Damnit."

Sarah curses.

Back in the simulation, which means Mikael is probably at the top of the mountain.

Might as well keep going up...

How many Mikael's are there, anyway?

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a good question. Has anybody kept count?

Sarah reaches the summit in due time. It resembles the bald head of a giant. There are some piles of stone around, and small bushes covered in rime. One particular pile somewhat resembles a small table.

If Sarah looks carefully, she might see the faint outline of a man sitting crosslegged near the small stone monument, his back towards her. He is almost invisible due to wearing camouflaged clothing and being completely still. He might be sleeping or meditating... or frozen and dead. Does Sarah care to check?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2019-04-23 at 01:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, she does.

It's not like there's anything better to do.

she approaches slowly and quietly.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

She gets close enough to touch the man's shoulders. If she listens carefully, she can hear him breath. About four times per minute. His head is covered by a hood. Sarah could pull it off if she wants to.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

She pulls the hood down.

"Sup. You Mikael?"

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other