Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Days of Conquest (Way of the Wicked 3.5 Conversion)

As nobody else has posted an acceptable sheet by the cutoff date, I'll be taking the people who finished theirs. @HumanTemplate, @DoxKid, @niw18, @LairdMaon, @Alucard 109, that's you.

OOC thread will be up shortly.

The Forlorn flaw is allowed, but a character who takes it loses the ability to gain a familiar can never gain one by any means.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    As nobody else has posted an acceptable sheet by the cutoff date, I'll be taking the people who finished theirs. @HumanTemplate, @DoxKid, @niw18, @LairdMaon, @Alucard 109, that's you.

OOC thread will be up shortly.
    Glad I made it

The Forlorn flaw is allowed, but a character who takes it loses the ability to gain a familiar can never gain one by any means.
    Unfortunate, but understandable. Out of curiosity, if I took wild cohort with the feat from forlorn, would you allow me to apply the fiendish template to it using the Fiend Blooded class feature that does so for familiars? I'm not even sure if I'd want to, but I like knowing my options

Edit: it would make sense thematically because the effect is caused by an empathic link, which wouldn't be much of a stretch to apply to a wild Cohort bond
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2019-05-10 at 03:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard 109 View Post
    Out of curiosity, if I took wild cohort with the feat from forlorn, would you allow me to apply the fiendish template to it using the Fiend Blooded class feature that does so for familiars? I'm not even sure if I'd want to, but I like knowing my options

Edit: it would make sense thematically because the effect is caused by an empathic link, which wouldn't be much of a stretch to apply to a wild Cohort bond
    Yeah, that makes sense. Go ahead.

4. - Top - End - #94

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, that makes sense. Go ahead.
    I think I'm going to do that. Gonna pick something durable to protect my relatively squishy self

As a bit of a self-nerf, to prevent abusing one of the differences between Wild Cohort and a familiar, how about if I need to keep a particular cohort for at least a week in order for the Fiendish template to be applied?

switching wild cohorts takes 24 hours anyway, meaning I couldn't even do the thing I was thinking, so it wouldn't be necessary

PS: are Wild Cohort's vitality points per level maximized as well, and would I be able to have my cohort already trained or would I have to do it in character later on?
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2019-05-11 at 08:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

BardGuy

Trained and maximized cohort.

6. - Top - End - #96

NecromancerGuy

Trained and maximized cohort.
    Nice!

In that case, I've got tracking covered for the party, in addition to my other skills

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

@RoTWS By the way, how attached are you to the Spell Points variant?

If I'm completely honest, I'm not really a fan...

Edit: I don't dislike it enough that I would quit if you don't get rid of it, or even complain if you tell me "no, I'm keeping it", but I would still rather not hand prepared casters that much power
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2019-05-18 at 06:58 PM.