New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

Isaac hands Sam a notebook, filled with notes and scribbles. "My notes. If you can make his Tin Friends follow my laws, perhaps we can also cause one to edit the others to do the same. Some of my theories are written in that book."

Isaac looks to the inquisitive women. "He can touch any metallic alloy and absorb it into his body. It just sort of dissappears, though I once saw him pull a knife out of his hand. If I am correct, with the eight years he has had to practice, he can absorb metallic objects and then bring them back. What troubles me is this: he has absorbed entire suits of Cyberman armor. I do not know what that can enable him to do."

The he looks at Martha. "Am I to assume that you understand everything that has been going on?"

"I'm just interested in these Molans. Their existance can explain so many abnormalities in the human race."

"It goes further than that Martha. This Molan, Moe, has absorbed entire Cybermen. Imagine what that could mean."

The sun has begun to set, and multiple people have begun to walk away from the store. The calander reads February 11th, 1940. "February 11th. The day we find out about these Tin Friends." The Doctor stands up. "Is anyone against a little infiltration?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard to write in some new software instructions, although I'll be inventing copy/paste about 30 years before it's supposed to come around." Sam flicks through the book once, not really taking in the content.

He looks up at the Doctor's question. "My tradecraft might be a little rusty, but I think I can handle it."
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

3. - Top - End - #63

"Don't worry about it." The Doctor whispers into Sam's ear. "Roughly 2 years ago, I was fifteen years in the future and invented betamax tapes thirty years early. I've been there too."

(Craft: MEchanical check to modify the Tin Friend.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

4. - Top - End - #64

"Well, that explains a lot." Sam mutters back with a smile. The multitool found, he opens the little toy again and leans against the wall, brow furrowing in concentration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Craft (Mechanical): (1d20+12)[26]

5. - Top - End - #65

"What I understand from investigating Canary Wharf as well as earlier Cyberman invasions, they are actually cyborgs; there needs to be an organic brain to operate them. So he can chuck discarded bits of the technology at us, he can't just throw a fully operational creature at us. Or can he? Or can he interface with the exoskeletons or other metal technology?"

Wendy shakes her head. She begins talking more quickly and excitedly as she tries to figure out what is going on.

"And where does the metal go, anyway? I'm not a scientist by any means... but even I'm aware of 'laws of conservation of energy' and stuff like that. And I realize we're operating on a level of science I can't begin to understand, but if he's adding the metal to his own mass that's got to have some effect on him or the environment around him. Or is he... I don't know, somehow like the Doctor's machine being bigger inside than out...is he sort of sending the material to another dimension only he can access?"

"And since we're standing here talking, yes, I would love a cup of coffee."

She smiles at the Doctor. "Unless of course you want to leave more questions unanswered and go straight to the 'infiltration'. Do you have a plan? I'm a detective by training, not a spy or saboteur. You want me to talk, gather evidence, or research, I'm your girl. You want me to sneak in somewhere undetected... or alter robots or explain science beyond Biology A-level, then you'd best send me somewhere else where I can be useful." Wendy nods to Sidney sympathetically, having noted her own reservations about her area of expertise in this case.
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-10-08 at 02:58 PM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

6. - Top - End - #66

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume I passed the Craft roll.

Sam is a little stunned by the barrage of questions. "The Tin Friend's done," he says, holding the figurine up in the air when he can get a word in edgewise, feeling awkward for breaking the silence.

7. - Top - End - #67

Sydney watches the Tin Friend intently, content to let Wendy talk without interruption.

8. - Top - End - #68

"I'm starting to worry about time here," Sam says, still no one talking. "Considering how easily we can get around, who's to say that Moe can't? I think we'd better get that coffee to go."

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Glawackus View Post
    "I'm starting to worry about time here," Sam says, still no one talking. "Considering how easily we can get around, who's to say that Moe can't? I think we'd better get that coffee to go."
    Wendy's calm demeanor melts from excited curiosity into mild irritation."And how are we to handle Moe if we don't know what he's capable of? All I'm asking for is a plan. Is that so difficult?" She crosses her arms and looks firmly at Isaac, the Doctor, and Martha. "They seem to know everything and I don't know about you but I haven't a clue. I'm beginning to wonder why they brought us along in the first place--but I'm not about to possibly fight something I hardly understand."
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

10. - Top - End - #70

"Do you have any suggestions for a plan, then? I'm afraid that from what they've been saying, we can't know exactly what we're going to be dealing with until we actually meet Moe himself. I agree that planning is vital, but we may have to settle for an outline or some structure to start from and be creative after that."

11. - Top - End - #71

"Ooh, I like how you think Sydney!" The Doctor says, springing to his feet. "Not to worry about Moe pulling off anything like that. There are only three machines like the TARDIS in the Universe left: The TARDIS, which I have, Compassion, who is sadly kidnapped by the Master and I have no idea where to find her, and the MEDPAP, owned by Jonathan. Now..." The Doctor thinks for a moment. Isaac leaves the room for the kitchen. "We have a reprogrammed Tin Friend, a negotiator, a techno-whiz, an office worker, a medical student and a science fiction writer, and myself." Isaac comes back with coffee for everyone on a tray, with a small bowl of sugar and a small pitcher of cream. The Doctor makes some very sweet and light coffee for himself.
    Martha thinks for a moment. "Well, I have nothing."
    Isaac nods. "Well, I know that at night, Moe leaves his shop for his apartment, eight blocks from here. He leaves a partner in charge. I guarentee you, the partner is not a Molan. The Mechanic gave me this so I'd be sure." Isaac pulls out a small watch. On it's face is a blue circle. "The circle lightens and expands as you get closer to a Molan. The big circle means one is within ten feet. Not perfect, but considering it used to be a dead pocketwatch and the optical receptor of a Dalek's armor, not bad." Isaac looks to Wendy and hands her the Molan Finder. "I do not think I'll need it. I have another made from a compass and some old parts of the Mechanic's TARDIS. I guess that doesn't exist anymore, though..."

The Doctor claps his hands. "I have our outline! Simple. Wendy, you can simply talk to the intern partner type person. Create a distraction. Sam and I sneak in, grab a Tin Dog and sneak out. Martha and Sydney, you keep a lookout. Or, all else fails, we wait until he sleeps." The Doctor pulls out the Sonic Screwdriver. "As long as we aren't dealing with a deadlock seal, I can open it. Any one have a better idea? I like better ideas."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

"That sounds alright, although I think we should be cautious as we go. If he's churning out the Tin Dogs and Tin Friends as toys, there's no telling what he's keeping as a security system."

13. - Top - End - #73

Wendy relaxes as the conversation unfolds (and moreover when the coffee appears). When it is offered, she takes the device from Isaac and makes sure she can operate it properly.

"Right. This is a good start at least. Sorry if I'm a little tetchy; this has all happened a bit fast."

She looks at the rest of the team. "Is there a way I can signal you if anything goes wrong with the 'distraction?' Perhaps something with our cell phones? If nothing else, leave it on speaker in my pocket so someone might hear me if something goes wrong?"

"Also, a final question if you'll indulge--anything you know about his partner? Male/female? Etc. It'll help me think up a cover story while we travel back over there."

When Sam asks about caution with security, she mentions, "Sam, could you modify a taser to do anything to the robots? I imagine they don't do well electrocuted. Trick is getting close enough to them to use it."
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-10-09 at 09:58 PM.

LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #74

"Well, for the cell phones, we could put everyone's number on an autodial. Set all of them to gently vibrate when someone calls. No one else should notice it but us. Also, is Wendy armed if something goes wrong? I have... not much."

Sydney thinks of her pepper spray and stun baton. She could research, calm others, do first aid... Direct fighting was not her strength.

15. - Top - End - #75

"That's a good idea," Sam says. "I did a few experiments with that sort of electrical weapon on some old Cyberman gear." Sam shrugs. "In any case, I can try to work with the taser."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing this is just a Craft (mechanical) check

16. - Top - End - #76

Wendy nods to Sydney. "I've a Taser, a pistol, and an extendable baton. If you or Martha need to borrow something, I'm happy to lend it--though I'm not going to lend you the gun unless you're trained for using one.

She asks Sam, "Do you need my Taser to modify or do you have your own?

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #77

"I think I'd best stick with what I have; as a secretary, I really haven't gotten much weapons training. I appreciate the offer."

18. - Top - End - #78

"I've got one of my own, and I can mess around with yours as well." Sam gingerly opens the back of his taser, afraid of it going off in his hand, and begins tinkering.

[spoiler]Craft(mechanical): (1d20+12)[31]

19. - Top - End - #79

(Check passes. Taser now can do 1d8 of electricty damage versus Constructs from the 18th century onward. SInce we're in the 20th fighting tech from the 49th... seems reasonable. Stuns them for 1d4 rounds too.)

The Doctor nods. "I don't normally use weapons, but I'm glad the rest of you do. I'm sorry. I knew whoever Jack brought in would be able to fight, but Jonathan's judgement has never been the best."

Isaac looks at them all. "So... I say we strike in two hours. As for the partner, he has a deep voice. I'm rather certain he's a he, not a she. Bu he voice... it was like a chainsaw and a pig squealing alongside a baritone singer. Odd voice. Nothing like a Cyberman's or a Dalek's or a SLitheen or any of those. Just... odd."

The Doctor nods while he's listening. Martha whispers something in Isaac's ear. He nods and points her down a hallway. She runs off with her sling pack.

The Doctor looks to Sam. "So, if you could, modify the other taser. Wendy, give me the gun. I think I can tinker around and allow it to add an electric charge to bullets. Sydney... say, can you use one of these?" The Doctor pulls out what looks like a neon green swiss army knife. "One of Jonathan's Products. He calls it a Grand Knife. It acts as a knife, a fire extinguisher... has a few other gadgets in it too. Oh, and keep in mind: violence is a last resort. But don't give any second chances to Moe or his assisstant. One warning. That's it. Got it? So, we have two hours to burn until we go... anyone have anything to do?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

"I agree with the violence as a last resort. Torchwood gave me some combat training, but I'm not a fighter by nature."

She gives her taser to Sam to modify and asks the Doctor, "If I keep the modified taser, that should hopefully be enough to deal with any hostile constructs. I'm... uncomfortable about modifying the PPK. Is there something you can do directly to the ammunition?"

After the equipment is sorted, she asks, "If we have two hours, then first, I'd love a cup of tea. Second, if anyone has any information I can review on the Molan... or the Elan... I'd find that helpful. Third, perhaps Isaac can help us find some clothing more accurate to the time period."

LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #81

Sam drops his taser into his jacket and unscrews the back of Wendy's, humming a little tune to himself as he goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Craft (mechanical): (1d20+12)[26]. And it's "Love's Been Good to Me", by Frank Sinatra, because I'm trying to blend in.

"There. That should do it," Sam says, after a moment, giving the modified taser back to Wendy. "I've got my sidearm from the Institute, if you want to try your electrical shock thing, Doc." He looks off into space for a moment and sighs. "One warning? Right, then. You're nice. I don't think Torchwood understands any warnings other than the big ones we have to put on all our..souvenirs."

Sam points to Wendy. "That's a good point. I'm pretty sure that, cool and comfortable as leather is, it's not exactly what your average Joe is wearing these days--unless he's driving a U-Boat."

22. - Top - End - #82

While she looks a little hurt by the Doctor's suggestion that she was not the best pick, Sydney merely says, "I should be able to use that Grand Knife, as long as you tell me how to use, or at least avoid accidentally triggering, its different abilities."

23. - Top - End - #83

Wendy speaks softly in Sydney's ear, "Don't worry, dear. I doubt Mr. McAllister would have asked you to do this if he didn't consider you capable."

LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #84

The Doctor shakes his head. "I can't modify the ammunition. Not enough time. Jon could do it, but he's crazy and an Elan. I'm neither. Well, at least not an Elan." The Doctor shows Wendy how to use the laser pointer, fire extinguisher and knife functions. He also fixes Sam's gun.
    (Deals an extra 1d6 points of electricty damage on a hit, 1d10 on a crit, and stuns constructs for 1 round.)

Isaac grabs some tea. Martha runs out the door and returns twenty minutes later with four suits in bags.
    "The TARDIS has a wardrobe. I went and got some clothes for you all."

"Right then. Let's hope luck will be a lady tonight." The Doctor says, handing back the gun to Sam. "We ready?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by alchemyprime View Post
    The Doctor shows Wendy how to use the laser pointer, fire extinguisher and knife functions.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I assume you mean "shows Sydney."

Also, did anyone respond to Wendy's request for reading material on the Elan/Molan?

LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #86

Sydney thanks Martha and accepts the clothing (assuming it's appropriate for the time period they're in).

"Where should I go to put these on? Or should I just wear it over my other clothing?"

27. - Top - End - #87

"Oh, right," Sam says, calling up the Molan article on his PDA and passing it to Wendy.

Sam takes one of the bags from Martha. "Do you always carry clothes for everyone in that thing?" he asks, realizing he's somewhat ignored her in all of the tech talk.

28. - Top - End - #88

" The TARDIS has a large wardrobe" Martha explains. The Tin Friend pulls on Wendy's pant leg. It acts like a toddler wanting up.

The Doctor looks at this. " A baby robot ?"
    Isaac looks to the clock. "10:00 pm. Time for our mission, so to speak."
    The Doctor is still intent on the Friend.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Sydney can't help but smile at the Tin Friend. Pulling the era-appropriate clothing on over her own, she asks "Baby robot? It looks cute, but robots don't actually reproduce, or do they in the future?"

She sighs. "You make me feel so old-fashioned yet so young and naive."
    Last edited by The Neoclassic; 2007-10-12 at 03:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

"I meant it thinks it's a baby. Almost like... it's brain is clean... the technology is far advanced... with the rules they are harmless, but what about without?"
    Martha pulls on the Doctor's shirt. "Come on. We need to get in the shop."

Isaac nods and sighs. "I am sorry that I cannot go. But all of you are essentially faceless. I'm known around here."

Martha nods. The Tin Friend still acts like it wants up. A clicking sound comes from it's mouth. Almost like a tape-deck at it's end still playing. It pulls on Wendy's pants again.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show