New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

"Um. Uh." Sam says, clearly feeling somewhat awkward. "I don't know what would cause that. I could try to fix it, but I don't know if it'd even make a difference...maybe best to leave it as it is...?" Sam, never having had kids, is totally unsure of what to do beyond this point.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Not your fault Sam. Just a funny bit."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

3. - Top - End - #93

"Could I hold it?" Sydney asks. "Then it won't be bothering anyone else and I might be able to use it to help with the distraction."

4. - Top - End - #94

"That sounds like a plan," Sam says, reaching down to pick up the little robot, more than a little uneasy. (He's tinkered with plenty of weird things before, but nothing that wanted to be picked up and coddled )

5. - Top - End - #95

The robot clicks three time while Sam is picking it up. A buzz comes from it's mouth.
    "A robot coo... interesting..." Isaac says. "This is the opposite of what I wrote in Robbie... hm..."

The Doctor nods, and Martha smiles. "This will be interesting." The robot know looks to Sydney and moves it's arms in almost a come here motion, but blockier.

"Well... now it wants you, Sydney. I think he needs a name. Any suggestions?" The Doctor says.
    "Little Jack." Martha suggests.
    "Q-T-1" Isaac suggests.
    "I say Sydney should name it." The Doctor says.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2007-10-12 at 10:05 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

6. - Top - End - #96

"Yeah," Sam says, raising an eyebrow. "Let Sydney name it. God knows what'll happen if we name it Little Jack. Probably progress right from cuddles to leg h...never mind." Sam looks out a window, clearly trying to stop himself from laughing.

7. - Top - End - #97

"How about just 'Q'?" Sydney picks up the robot carefully and cradles it in her arms. "Oh, and as much as I'd rather not think about the possibility, if anything goes wrong with Q, if he starts getting aggressive or something, what's the fastest way to shut him down?"

8. - Top - End - #98

"Well, either remove his batteries or use a large hammer." The Doctor says. Martha glares at him. "What? Those are two quick ways to stop a miniature robot!"

"Don't worry. Q's been reprogrammed to never harm a human being. Of course, then I'm the only one in trouble, now aren't I?" The Doctor asks jokingly.

Martha looks at Q. "Well, Q, are you happy with Miss Sydney there?"

The robot makes a sound like a small engine revving and throw's its arms up in the air, as if excited.

The Doctor looks around. "Well, thank you for your hospitality Isaac, but I need to go to a toy store. I have a feeling I need to start acting childish again."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

"It's been fun," Sam says, nodding at Zack. "In case you don't see us after we get out of the toy store, good luck with the robots and stuff."
    Last edited by Glawackus; 2007-10-13 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Sorry. Awful at picking up on those time-jumps :S

10. - Top - End - #100

(Dude, I made 2 hours go by in a post. I was under the assumption that, in 2 hours, Sam would have changed clothes.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. Edited my previous post--I missed the 2 hour jump.

"Well, then, shall we? I'd like to get this show on the road. Don't want to be too pushy, but it's been a while since I've had anything like this to do."

12. - Top - End - #102

"I'm ready to go."

13. - Top - End - #103

Wendy looks up from her reading (assuming she's also changed. What's she wearing? And can she still either wear her trench coat with it or otherwise conceal her conceal-carry holster under it). "Mmm? Oh, yes. Let's go.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

14. - Top - End - #104

(Sure, knock yer self out. Trenchcoats have been in since 1920.)

AN odd sight for 10:20 at night, but not in New York City. Five people walking down a street to the back entrance of the one closed shop on the block. But no one seemed to notice.

The Doctor looks about. "Wendy and Sydney, stay here if anyone shows up. Keep Q with you. Sam, Martha and I will sneak in. Cell phones on vibrate. If you get a call, something's gone wrong. Okay?"

The Doctor pulls out the Sonic Screwdriver and uses it to open the door. He and Martha slip in.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Taking her assigned position and stroking Q's robotic head, Sydney turns to Wendy. "If we're going to be waiting, we'd best make small talk to pass the time. You know much about this time period?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Queenfange View Post
    Taking her assigned position and stroking Q's robotic head, Sydney turns to Wendy. "If we're going to be waiting, we'd best make small talk to pass the time. You know much about this time period?"
    "Not much more than anyone would learn in school. It's the early part of World War II... but I don't think the Americans have jumped in yet. Good thing we're in America, I guess. Britain will be undergoing the blitzkrieg soon, if it hasn't started already. I'm not sure what would be important things going on in New York at the time. I think America's rebuilt itself after the Depression... and... erm, The Wizard of Oz came out last year. Wendy smiles sheepishly. "What about you? You a history buff?
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #107

Post Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

"Not in particular. I'm a fairly avid reader, though, so I know a bit about a number of subjects, history included."

18. - Top - End - #108

Sam looks back and forth down the street and, seeing that there doesn't seem to be anyone watching, follows the Doctor and Martha inside, fingering the controls of the taser in his pocket.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Queenfange View Post
    "Not in particular. I'm a fairly avid reader, though, so I know a bit about a number of subjects, history included."

"That's good. This kind of mission I imagine needs a good jack-of-all-trades. Any insights on where we are? Any importance to it? Besides young 'Isaac' preparing his novels.

(After Sydney's response)

She looks around. "You know, wasn't I supposed to go in and create a distraction through the front door? I wonder why he changed his mind." She smiles mischievously. "Maybe I should do, anyway."

LGBTitP

20. - Top - End - #110

"Well, it's interesting that the boy we recieved Q from mentioned Macy's. The original Macy's is here in New York, at the intersection of 34th and Broadway. I believe it was around this time period that they started to open up stores in other large American cities. Do you think this competition from "Mr. Tinker" will affect Macy's history at all? Toys were an important departnment for them at some points in history, though I'm not sure exactly when. I'm afraid nothing else has struck me as particularly interesting or important yet."

"And, yes, it does seem quite odd he changed his mind, though the Doctor does seem to be a bit fickle."

21. - Top - End - #111

"Macy's? Hmm... could have a subtle effect on the local economy, I guess." Wendy chuckles. "I wonder how close we are to 34th Street."

"And yes, the Doctor is... well, I don't know if I'd use 'fickle' but... perhaps distracted. I can tell he's got those wheels in his mind running non-stop... too bad he doesn't think to clue in we inferior beings on what's going on. It makes it difficult not to be resentful."

"*sigh* I'm loyal to Torchwood because I made an oath when I took employment with them, and I don't like reneging on promises ... but now Torchwood isn't what it was. Honestly, I'm hoping it's changed for the better. But I haven't had a chance to find out, yet. I was nearly forgotten about after the Canary Wharf incident, until Jack called me, but I don't know him well--and he's such a smooth talker, it's hard to ever know what he's sincere about. And as soon as I start to know him, he pushes me off on this Doctor fellow, who immediately ships me off to 1940 along with four other people I've never met. And I'm just supposed to accept it all..."
    Wendy shakes her head. "Maybe your Mr. McAllister briefed you better. Do you trust this man, this 'Doctor'? How do we know we're not retrieving these artifacts so he can put them to some nefarious purpose?

LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #112

Q begins to squirm around. As he squirms, he pulls out a small peice of paper. He does his fast wheel squeal when he finds his new toy. He holds it up to Sydney so she can see it. He looks like he is waiting for her to say she's done. (He may be a baby robot, but he was designed as a toy, after all.)

The paper reads:
    "Sydney-
    I knew you wouldn't be around long enough for me to debrief you. I also knew you wouldn't notice me slipping this into your jacket when I first met you in my office. So here it goes-
    As you probably know by now, the Doctor is an alien, Jack's a pervert and I'm a geneticlly altered being. And dyslxic. A bit.
    Listen to me: The Doctor saved you all from death more times than you can ever know. So has Torchwood. My company... maybe seven times. We're new. But, none the less-
    WE MUST GET THE TRHEE ARTEFACTS! If we doon't, bad things happen! We don't know what, but Saxon's behind it, and he almost killed off 1/10th of the human population. That's over 300 million people. Got that? The Doctor has never killed. Well... not humans. A few Cybermen and a whole bunch of Daleks. But they hate people anyway.
    If you ever have a question, call me! I'll pick up, I swear! Super genius entreprenuer and your secret boss for three years. Publiv for two months. I know waht I'm doign.
    Even if not whta I'm spleeing.
    -Jonathan McCallister (With 2 C's, thank you!)"

*** Inside ***
    The Doctor, and Martha sidle against a wall. "Sam?" Martha asks to adress him. "Go on with the Doctor. I... wait... wasn't the plan different originally?"
    The Doctor's eyes go wide. "Oh, blast. I knew I forgot something. Oh well, I'm sure Wendy and Sydney can think on their toes. Jon's a thinker who respects thinkers. So, he obviously sent us a thinker. I'm sure they'll be fine. Besides, the TARDIS is across the street... well, Martha, stay close enough to the door so that if you signal them, you aren't far behind to open it for them. Sam, stick with me."

Martha slid into a niche in the wall and the Doctor continued on.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Sam nods at Martha's comment, not wanting to make more noise than necessary, and continues following the Doctor into the toy store.

24. - Top - End - #114

"Thank you, Q." Sydney gently takes the paper from him, rereads it, and stows it back in her jacket.

"I believe I need to speak with the Doctor after we're finished. Jonathan left me a note, and mentioned that we need to get three artifacts, somehow related to Saxon. I don't suppose you have any idea what those might be?" She speaks quietly to Wendy.

25. - Top - End - #115

If they're the items the others mentioned before, one is called a 'Living Ring' and is in the possession probably of Mr. Saxon--'the Master'--or someone working for him. I've heard of something like it before, as I'd mentioned.

"The other is the Cog of Mechanicals, which I believe we are seeking out now. Seems obvious what it probably does.

"The third they haven't mentioned yet, and Captain Jack's idea of 'debriefing' doesn't involve mission details."
    Wendy rolls her eyes in an amused manner.

She looks toward the toy shop. "You know, if they're going in through the back, it isn't going to hurt if I peek through the front window. At best I might see something, at worst someone spots me, and I act as the distraction I was supposed to be anyway. You stand..... over there.... where they can't see you, but you can call out or help me if something happens. That all right with you?

LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #116

"That sounds quite all right to me." Sydney moves to where Wendy indicates.

27. - Top - End - #117

Wendy approaches the front window, peering through (blinds if the shop is closed) to see anything. She's being quiet, but not attempting to hide herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+8)[24]

Move Silently check: (1d20+2)[20]

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #118

A man is inside the room dusting. He glances up occasionally, looking about. He sees Wendy and opens the door.
    (If you hid, he wouldn't have seen you, but you were quiet enough that he considered you a passer-by. Nice spot.)
    The room is filled with Tin Friends, Tin Pals (the animals) and clocks, along with board games and such. Very little is dusty. This man is obviously a good janitor.
    "I am sorry Miss, but we are closed today. It's just me and the security guard. If there is someway I can help you, perhaps?"

***Meanwhile***
    Q starts to squeal in Wendy's arms, and clap it's hands, like fun music is being played. A music box like device in his chest begins to play a sweet little song.
    Q's music
    (I totally ripped that off, it's just the most Qish music I could think of.)

***Meanwhile Again***
    Sam and the Doctor are sneaking along and see a blueprint on the table across from them. On the table is also a few small robots, almost like new Qsm and a robot cat. Around the corner is a notebook with scribles all over is and a tablet.
    "Sam. Can you sneak across and get those Tin Friends and Blueprints off of the table? I'm going for the notebook and tablet. Okay?"

(Move Silently Sam.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

"You're just filled with cute surprises, aren't you?" Sydney smiles at him, then goes back to watching Wendy.

30. - Top - End - #120

Sam watches the cat intently for a moment, lets out a breath, and starts moving across the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+4)[12]
    And that music cracked me up. Perfect choice.