New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

Sam, beginning to lose his cool, decides to go for the old (Torchwood) college try: just shoot the thing. He draws his gun and fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    roll to hit:
    (1d20+5)[12]
    damage roll:
    (2d6)[5]
    electricity damage
    (1d6)[5]
    elec. crit (as applicable)
    (1d10)[2]
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Actually, a back door intrusion might be what set the 'Tin Friends' to attack us. And the truth is, it's your friend Zack who sent us here."

She points to Sydney and Martha running towards the TARDIS. "If they're running, we probably ought to too. Can you do anything with that spider?
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

3. - Top - End - #153

The pig thing squeals in pain as it is shot.
    The head of a Tin Friend is on the table. It's looks like a blue version of Q's head.
    "The music of wonderful master Moe makes us all want to know just how to rid the world of scum so specail peoples and robots can all have fun.

The Doctor looks at the Pigthing. "I'm sorry that he did this to you. If you are what I think you are..." the Doctor points the Sonic Screwdriver at the Pigthing. It sqeauls in pain as it looks down at it self.
    "Whhhy... chhhouldn't thhhat mahhn lehhht mheee dhiie?" it squeals. "Whhy... dhhiidd he crhheeaahhte thhhe Chhyberphhig?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

4. - Top - End - #154

Sam keeps his gun trained on the Cyberpig and glances at the Tin Friend head, wondering if he should grab it or not.

5. - Top - End - #155

At the door to the TARDIS, Sydney glances back to see the Doctor talking to the pigthing.

"What are they doing?" She addresses this to Martha, and is rather worried.

6. - Top - End - #156

(The extra Hs are to be like wheezing through a paper bag.)
    The Doctor looked at the Cyberpig.
    "Once we stop Moe's toys, we'll help you. Alright?"
    The Cyberpig looked at the Doctor. "Mhhy... ehhmohhhtiohhn ahhll inhhbitohhhhr wahhs conehhhcted thho myhhh rehhspirahhtor... buhhht mahhke hhim pahhy. Hhhe hhas cahhptured a crehhature frohhhm lohhng aghho. An aciehhnt cyhhberman. The Zodhhar. Sahhve thhe Zodhhar." The pig squeals in pain and dies, shooting steam from it's arm.
    "Sam. Let's get to the TARDIS. We need to plan. See if Torchwood knows anything about a Zodar." The Doctor walks off to the TARDIS, the Tin Cat under it's arm.

Martha finally opens the door and drags in Jim.
    (I assume Sydney and Wendy go in too.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show

Aye, Sydney follows.

8. - Top - End - #158

Spoiler
    Show

Wendy was still waiting for Jim to answer a question, but they can take their conversation into the TARDIS, which Wendy would encourage him to do anyway.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #159

"Right then," Sam says, striding back into the TARDIS, smiling at the girls as if to say nothing's happened, and flicking out his PDA. "Zodar. Zodar."

Spoiler
    Show
    Research: (1d20+7)[21]

10. - Top - End - #160

(From the Torchwood Files.)

As much as it pains me to do this, I needed to steal one of Jonathan's files of this entry.- Jack

McCallister Corporation Files
    Zodar
    A creature with an organic core binding together an odd, ceramic like metal.
    No two Zodar are alike, except they are all composed of this material and are all humanoid.
    Some look like plain suits of armor.
    Some ornate.
    Some like organic beings.

Zodar are emmensly strong, able to break the material I have dubbed "Gallyfreynium." I have seen one break a chunk from a broken TARDIS, as well as punch through a panzer tank.
    Every Zodar was it's own agenda. They rarely speak, but can do so. Also, they semm to be able to do the impossible occasionally.

ALso, 90% of everything typed is a lie.

END FILE.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Wendy follows Jim into the TARDIS, taking a look at everyone. Seeing the blood around Sydney's mouth, she gapes.

"Goodness!" She glares at Martha. "Didn't you say you were a medical student? For god's sake, see to her! She's obviously hurt!

Wendy looks down at her own scorched arm. "And I'll need some tending to, myself, but I don't look as dire. Is everyone else all right?" She takes off her trench coat (meaning Jim might spot her .32 strapped under her arm) and examines the wound, tearing her blouse around the burn from the Tin Pal's laser. Meanwhile, she addresses everyone.

"This is Jim, he worked for Moe and is a friend of Isaac's." She smiles calmingly at Jim, who is likely gaping at the interior of the TARDIS. "It's best not to think about it, dear. Now, tell us about that spider you were taking apart, and we'll do our best to explain everything else."
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-10-24 at 02:22 PM.

LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #162

Sam looks up from his PDA. "Right. Apparently, it's along the lines of the Cybermen--organic, chewy inside in a hard, ceramic coat." Sam stops, realizing that not everyone might enjoy Torchwood's...off-color...humor. "Anyhow...they range from regular humans to something like a suit of armor. Unfor...uh...The file's from McCallister, though, so I'm not sure about some of this. It says that they can break through 'Gallifreynium'? I think he's referring to whatever the TARDIS is composed of. Says they can punch through tanks, too. Not too big on verbal communication, or teamwork. Oh, and they can occasionally 'do the impossible'." Sam finally throws in the towel. "I give up. I'm used to Jack and his crew leaving their little comments all over files, but...Sydney, McCallister says "90% of this is a lie"?!"

Sam notices the new addition to the group. "Sam Spencer. Nice to have someone who's neither British nor alien onboard." He holds out the PDA to Sydney, hoping she can understand McCallister.

"Is there a first aid kit around?" he asks everyone in general. "I'm sure there were other injuries, and I think I can take care of myself."

[edit]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ALIEN! I meant to say alien!
    Last edited by Glawackus; 2007-10-24 at 03:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Wendy nods to Sam and tosses him her bookbag that she'd left behind when the first went to investigate. "Sorry, I didn't see you were hurt too. You can probably see to yourself better than I can. Front pocket."

"First this Master, then evil toys, now these... Zodar? Ceramic cyborgs?"

Wendy tries to remember if she'd ever heard anything of the like in her own investigations, before or during her Torchwood missions.

Spoiler
    Show

Fun with possible die rolls. I figure Wendy's aware of Cyberman invasions of earth, but not so sure about this.

Earth and Life Sciences: (1d20+8)[18]

Technology: (1d20+8)[10]

Research (to reflect past research, though she could check files on her laptop): (1d20+5)[25]

She has 6 ranks in E&L Sciences and Technology, so if one roll suits better but garners a synergy from the other, add 2 to the result.

Oh, and also: Jim isn't human? Did I miss something?

LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #164

"I do have some experience in treating injuries and I brought a medical kit with me."

Sydney pulls out her medical kit and offers to treat the injuries of others before dealing with her own.

Spoiler
    Show

Sydney has a +15 to Treat Injury, and the DC to recover hp is 15 so I assume she passes all. I can roll if needed. Here are the rolls for hp recovered, in order that patients are treated, herself last:
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[4]

15. - Top - End - #165

(Everyone thank Queenfange.)
    Jim looks at everyone. "Right. Um... this thing... it looks like Moe put more into the Tin Friends than I thought. Only your old Red Model Friend is okay. All the ones in the store... what if it was all of them but your red model?"

Jim looks shocked. The Doctor acknowledges Sam's info. "Jon loves to leave messages incoded in his notes. He sees himself as "Da Vinchi with better resources." Met Da Vinchi. Pretty close.
    "As for this Zodar... It obviously is an anceint being. Much like some friends of mine. The cyberpig seemed like it wanted us to help it. That spider is a bit off... wait. It can do them impossible? What if the Zodar was forced into the impossible? What if that, combined with the technology Moe had absorbed, helped create the Tin Friends?"

Martha looked. "then we'd need to help it." Martha looked into her sack. "Here. Take one of these, everyone. Little technique I picked up in the year 2442. Special mixture. Actual cure all." She hands out vials to everyone. "Also, I'm going to call Jonathan." She dials the phone. "Yes. Hey, Jon, it's Martha. Listen, about your files on the Zodar... yes... yes... oh, fine, be that way!"
    Martha looks to the group. "He says we need to determine which line or lines lie."

(Well? I want this to be a player driven thing. You each get a guess and a sense motive roll, in that order, please. 500 XP to whoever gets it right by their guess.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Treat Injury time. I just realized I don't have any ranks in it, so I really hope this works. (Unless I was one of those people in Queenfange's thing, in which case I say thankya big big. ;) )
    Treat Injury: (1d20)[11]
    Hit Points Restored: (1d4)[3]

Sam opens up the medical kit and is a little stunned by all the different things. "Of course, Torchwood never really saw the point in paying for anything more than Band-Aids," he murmurs to himself.

"Great. A guessing game," Sam says, looking up from the kit. "If I had to pick one, I'd say the line about some of them looking like organic beings is BS."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20)[18]
    Could I make a Knowledge: Xenobiology check to help here?

17. - Top - End - #167

Wendy thanks Sydney, but adamantly refuses treatment (with her considerable Diplomacy bonus in tow) until Sydney sees to herself first.

Important OOC notes in the spoiler box:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. If you accept Wendy's insistence, then Sydney should take the 4 HP healed, and I'll take the 3.

2. I take it Martha just completely ignored Wendy when she yelled at her to treat Sydney--and that therefore, Sydney was forced to treat herself (besides the fact that treating the inside of the mouth is difficult to do on yourself)? Wendy will take this into account in her future dealings with the NPC. (Wendy would try to see to her, but she has no ranks in Treat Injury, and is smart enough not to risk hurting someone in an effort to help.)

3. I will not post my "guess" about the Zodar until I know the results of the die rolls I made in my previous post--or at least please clarify and tell me they were useless. I rolled a Nat 20 on the Research check, after all.

Thanks.

Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-10-25 at 06:24 AM.

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #168

Sydney sighs and bandages her own wounds before moving to the stubborn Wendy.

"90% lies, figure out which lines are false..." She thinks out loud as she dresses Wendy's injuries. "Everything about them being organic is false, I'd say, and they don't all have their own agendas. It's just a wild guess though. What do you guys think?"

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: (1d20+13)[26]

Oh, yes, Sam was one of the people in Sydney's healing rounds.

19. - Top - End - #169

"Thanks," Sam says, unwinding a mess of bandage from around his hands as Sydney ministers to his wound from the cat.

20. - Top - End - #170

(No... She just posted before I did, and I thought Treat Injury could only be done 1/hour on a given subject... The GM should read his book more...)

An amount of understanding dawns on Sydney. She knows.

But the amazing divine being wants to hear Wendy's guess first.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by alchemyprime View Post

But the amazing divine being wants to hear Wendy's guess first.
    (((And once again, Wendy's player wants to know if her Knowledge or Research Checks did anything before she makes her guess. See my post that begins with, "Wendy nods to Sam..."

If you want to simply disregard those rolls, just say so, and we can move on.

I know it's hard to manage three players' posts, especially when there's a lot of stuff going on. But I'd personally appreciate it if you read peoples' posts a little more carefully and responded accordingly -- and if you choose to ignore something, please say so so we know what's going on. I appreciate your running this and know you've put a lot of work into it, but we're going to feel useless as players if half of what we do never even gets acknowledged. Thank you very much.)))

LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #172

(Sorry... wrote only half of the stuff going through my head... The rolls didn't give you anything past what Sam managed to get, except for one thing:
    An odd little children's tale from Germany.
    "The Black And Peaceful Knight."
    The gist of the story was that a wizard called upon the powers of ancient gods to revive his brother, a knight. The knight came back, but could not remove his armor. He was very peaceful, but his brother kept begging him to take charge and attack their king. The knight used the powers of the gods to make the king sick, but the disease killed off a quarter of the country. The knight felt horrible, but his brother, and evil man, loved it. And so, the knight grabbed his brother the wizard and tore him in half with his bare hands. The knight then walked around the world, wandering, finding very good children and granting them unselfish wishes, to make up for killing the people.

Okay... now can you make your guess befor I say the sense motive rolls?)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Wendy chuckles and says somewhat jokingly. "Perhaps the lie was the '90%' comment. Perhaps more than 10 percent of what that file said was probably true, even if it was not all entirely accurate.

"But... in seriousness... I don't like blanket statements about a group of people's attitudes, even if that blanket statement is that 'they are all individuals.' How would he know they all each have their own agenda? Or each rarely speak?"

"And to do the impossible. That's not unique to any one race. We all can do the impossible if pushed to, I think.

Wendy scratches her chin. "I've heard stories of super strong suits of armor... even with some 'magical' abilities, like spreading disease. And superstrong cyborgs isn't anything new to the universe. One with a sense of remorse is though...." She trails off, taking her monologue into silent thought...

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: (1d20+8)[16]

LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #174

Sam smiles, somewhat smug. "No offense, but McCallister's a few fries short of a Happy Meal--our mutual friend Captain Harkness commented to me once about the Elan losing part of their minds, sort of counterbalancing the whole immortality package. Maybe he's reversed the ratio, and there's only 10% that's false--the bit about the '90%'."

25. - Top - End - #175

The Doctor makes an odd face. "Yes... that sounds like Jon, now that I think about it..."

(Congrats to DQ for guessing right and Gl for rolling high enough. Glawackus, if you want to share the PM with the others, go right ahead.)

The Doctor looks to Martha. "The Hyper-Elixers. I forgot you had those... good thing you remembered how to make them... Useful things. Same bit as a good fix-up, speeds up the metabolism to heal you up a bit."

Martha looks to Jim. "Where does Moe live?"

Jim thinks. "About two blocks away, Miss. Hm... wait a minute... these things can attack on his command... there must be somesort of radio thing, like how you can hear radio shows from the other side of the city... so... if you can have a phonebooth bigger inside than out, could you make a radio reciever that finds a signal instead of just being told what to do?"

The Doctor and Martha look at Jim, wide eyed. "Yes, I could..." The Doctor says. "How'd you come up with that?"

Jim smiles. "A healthy literary diet of repair manuals, Zack's manuscripts and **** Tracy. The spider. If we both work on it, we can do this well."

(Sam, care to Aid Another?)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

"Yes...I thought that it made a lot of sense," Sam says, looking around the TARDIS interior again.

"Oh. You mean like a frequency scanner or something. Sure." Sam digs around and finds his multitool, the little gadgets on it flipping around under his fingers again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not quite sure what kind of roll is needed here..I'm thinking it's either Repair or Disable Device.

Repair: (1d20+15)[34]
    Disable Device: (1d20+14)[27]

Not quite sure how Aid Another works, though. I was always under the impression it was a combat thing.

27. - Top - End - #177

"I've got a question: the robots in the store attacked me and Jim unprovoked. They accused us of not being 'special.' What does that mean? Did they say the same thing to you?

Spoiler
    Show
    A success on an "Aid Another" gives +2 to the main person's skill check, IIRC. It's actually more useful out of combat than in.
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-10-28 at 07:27 PM.

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #178

"Yeah!" Sam says, whirling, somewhere between anger and elation that someone else shared his strange experience. "And then it said the Doctor wasn't special, either, which we all know is hardly the case. And then, it made some comment about only special people get to live, and that was what 'the master' told it."

Sam glances at the Doctor. "Wasn't that Saxon's real name or something? Some kind of code name? An official title?"

29. - Top - End - #179

"Oh, yes. Good point." Wendy furrows her brow, trying to remember. "The pal said something about... 'Master Tinker.' So I thought he was referring to Moe. Or is Moe and the Master the same person?"

Wendy shudders. "It's all frighteningly... well, Nazi, isn't it? A man responsible for genocide, wanting to slay all who are not 'special'? And here we are, with World War II going on..."

LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #180

Sydney, carefully listening, quietly chimes in. "If that is the case, that Moe and the Master are the same person, this situation may be more dangerous than we originally expected."