New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

Jim pulls out a picture of Moe from his wallet. "Always carry around pictures of friends... cept I guess he doesn't belong anymore, huh?" He hands it to the Doctor.

The Doctor looks at it. "Nah... I really doubt that Moe and the Master are the same person. But just in case, be ready. We need to rescue that Zodar fellow and stop those killer toys. He must be controlling it from his home."

Martha looks at Q. "Maybe Q can help us find the signal. Can you help us Q?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #182

Sydney strokes the back of Q's head with one finger. "Will you help us, Q?"

3. - Top - End - #183

"Would it be safe to assume that Moe is working for the Master? Or.... something to think about...if he isn't, if Moe is working for himself but has this 'cog' that the Master wants... we might look to find a way to play them against each other.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

4. - Top - End - #184

Q begins to rev quickly and plays a song reminicent of the Zelda "You found the item" song.

The Doctor smiles. He then looks to Wendy. "You may be right. From the sound of it, Moe likes being in control. So does the Master. They would probably be at ends. Jim, do you know anything about Moe that can help us."

"Well," Jim begins, "Moe liked three things: playing Monopoly, making Tin Friends, and..." He looks and smiles at Sydney. "Women of about the size and shape of the woman with the Red Model friend... So, he may not mind you..."

Martha glares at Jim. "Hmm?"

"Sorry. Look, if he has this Zodar thing, wouldn't he make his home a fortress? It'll be pointless to rush in."

The Doctor looks at Jim. "Nothing's pointless. Except going up aginst me in Trivial Pursuit... but beyond that, nothing is pointless. We can always go with my best plan, and my favorite plan: improvise." The Doctor smiles and looks at everyone.

Then Sydney's phone went off.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

5. - Top - End - #185

Sydney quickly grabs it and flips it open. "Hello?"

6. - Top - End - #186

While Sydney is on the phone, Wendy continues to converse with the others.

"I agree 'rushing in' is a poor idea. Also... after the last time... I am hesitant to split the team up. Given what we are up against, safety in numbers might be a good rule. Of course, circumstances may make it difficult, but let's try, yes?"

"As for Moe's Zodar... from what we know, Zodar are probably capable of independent thought--they're not just constructs. We may be able to negotiate with it, whereas trying to physically assault it is far more likely to end in our deaths.

"And of course, if that doesn't work, we can flee and try to find another way in..."
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #187

Jim nods. He looks at the crowbar he left by the door. Then he looks at the TARDIS.
    "WHat can this thing do, Mr. Spaceman?" He says, smiling at the Doctor.
    "Travel through space and time. Though, for a space ship, it sure does little flying..."
    "So more of a teleportation idea?"
    "Yeah, that'd be about it. Why?"
    Jim smiles. "We can move this closer to Moe's flat. No... wait... Zodar can punch through this stuff...Hm... Wait a minute... wait a minute!" Jim starts to fiddle about in the SPider. It already would find the signal. It was coming from Moe's home. Now Jim was messing with it. "Doc, give me a hand." The Doctor messes in the spider too. The both get up and smile.
    The Doctor looks to Sam and Wendy. "Ever hear feedback in radiowaves? Because now every Tin Friend that comes too close to us will."
    "So, Sam, Wendy, after Sydney's phone call, we can go and get that Moe, eh?"
    Q squeals like a small tire breaking.
    "Sorry. Sam, Wendy and Q." The Doctor corrects himself.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I've been having some real life problems so I've fallen behind on my online commitments. My apologies.

"OK, thank you very much." Pause. "You too. Goodbye."

Sydney snaps the cell phone shut and looks to the others. "Just Jonathan reminding me of a few things back home, and a little note about the Zodars having short tempers."
    Last edited by The Neoclassic; 2007-11-04 at 07:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

(This is mostly a bump, but...
    Please, read the phonecall!)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190

((while we're waiting))

Wendy looks at the Doctor.
    "What is the priority, Doctor--'getting Moe,' or getting the Cog of Mechanicals?"

After that discussion, she tilts her head to watch Jim poking into the Spider.
    "My, Jim, you've adapted awfully fast to this. Faster than I did the first time I faced down insane constructs. Well, technically, the first time I was four, but I was thinking as an adult. Are you used to the unusual working for Moe?"
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-11-04 at 06:11 PM. Reason: The swear filter does not like a synonym for "tilting one's head"

LGBTitP

11. - Top - End - #191

"I'm a little used to things. The Tin Friends were weird enough, and I normally have a drink with Zack on Wednesdays. He knows a lot of stuff like this."

The Doctor looks to her. "The Cog is more important. I just felt like we should save that Zodar. The Cog is top priority. If we manage to save the Zodar, then... that's important too. But we can't leave until Moe is stopped. The Master will strike in 2009. Moe strikes in 1940. We need to stop this now so that we can still stop the Master in sixty nine years."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Wendy nods to Sydney, and then returns to her conversation with the Doctor.

"Well, if this Cog is that powerful, our possessing it may help convince the Zodar to our side, if he has free will enough to be convinced.

So, now the important question is: do we know where the Cog is, or have any way of detecting it?

LGBTitP

13. - Top - End - #193

"I agree." Sydney agrees with the Doctor. "I realize that Moe is important, but the zodar must be an equal priority." She speaks with unusual certainty and force, though still not overbearing.

14. - Top - End - #194

The Doctor nods. He looks over to the TARDIS console. "I wish we did... wait a minute..." He runs over to where Jonathan was standing when you all met him. He pulls up a trap door in the grating and pulls out a sheet of paper.
    "Setting 411." The Doctor fiddles with the Sonic Screwdriver.
    "Mr. McCallister just gave us the information for a Cog Detector. I almost guarentee you..." The Doctor swivels the Screwdriver around. "It's in the same direction as Moe's home." A quick whirling comes from the Screwdriver. "Yep. There it is. Over towards where Moe is. Let's go, shall we?" The Doctor swings around to the door. MArtha looks in the trap door.

She then walks over to Sam, Wendy and Sydney.
    "I found these gems. I think Jonathan left some gifts for you guys."
    There is a red gem, a blue gem and a white gem.
    I'd say Wendy gets first dibs, then Sydney, then Sam.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Sydney, going after Wendy, picks the blue gem (or, if Wendy chose it, takes the white one equally happily).

16. - Top - End - #196

Wendy eyes the gems curiously and takes the white gem, gently turning it over in her hand. "What do they do?

She follows the Doctor to the door, trying to call upon her training to determine what to do next, and speaks up in her "field team leader" voice they made her practice at Torchwood. "Right. Unless someone has a map of Moe's house, we need to determine the entrances to Moe's residence and pick the best one for us to enter by--I'd aim for closest to the cog, since all the entryways are likely to be guarded.

"Unless circumstances demand it, we stick together--only exception being if we want to leave someone here in the TARDIS to monitor things from here. Perhaps Martha would be the best candidate for that.

"Otherwise, we go carefully and quietly. We talk before shooting, unless we're shot at first. And we DO NOT go diving in without a plan."
    She archly raises an eyebrow at the Doctor.

"Unless, of course, you have a better idea."

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #197

Martha looks at the remaining gem. "Not a clue, I'm sorry. But everything about Jon has been more than it seemed and less than it figured." She hands Sam the red gem.
    (Know: Arcane Lore check to figure out what the gems do, but with synergy bonuses from Know: Pop Culture, Know: Technology, Know: Xenobiology and Know: Business. The synergy bonuses stack.)

The Doctor looks shocked at Wendy. "Wow. I'm surprised you weren't in Canary Wharf. Leadership like that, there could have been quite a few less casualties. Jim, what do you know about Moe's house?"

Jim thinks for a bit. "He has a front room connected to his entryway. The front room leads off into a basement, a radio room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom. It's a seven room house. Hm... he may have Tin Friends scattered about. But he always said his "Big Project" was in the basement. So the basement is a stable guess for wither that Zodar or that Cog you are all lookin for. Does that help any? I guess I could sketch it."

|________|xxxxxxx|_____|
    |xxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxx|xxxxx|
    |_________| |____|_____|

"Okay... red was a kitchen, I think. Blue was the front room. Orange was a bedroom, green the radio room, violet the bathroom and I colored the door to the basement magenta. I think the kitchen had a door in it."

The Doctor looks to MArtha and hands her a disc. "If we don't return by 3:00, insert this disc into the TARDIS console. He then returns to the door."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Afraid I don't know much about jewelry," Sam says. He rolls the gem around in his hand, and holds it up to the light to try and look through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge check...I don't have Arcane Lore, but I assume I can still use the synergy bonuses...
    [roll]1d20+4+3[/roll]
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

19. - Top - End - #199

Spoiler
    Show
    Grrr. Can't chain stuff like that, I guess. trying again: (1d20+7)[10]

20. - Top - End - #200

Sydney, having no Knowledge in Arcane Lore, studies the gem for a bit but then shrugs helplessly. "I could call Jonathan and ask what they're for, but I'm not sure we should bother him with it." She follows the Doctor towards the door.

21. - Top - End - #201

Spoiler
    Show

If you're allowing an untrained Arcane Lore check, I can add my synergy and int. If you're not allowing untrained, just ignore this roll.

[roll]1d20+4[/roll]

Wendy smiles wryly at Sydney. "Somehow I have a feeling if we need to know something from Jonathan, and he wants to tell us, we'll hear it soon enough."

She thanks Jim for the map and peers over it.

"It looks like for doors, the closest is the front door. Or, we could look for a window. The radio room... well, if the technology in there is current, it wouldn't be a sealed room, so there might be one there. And it may also have useful information or gear inside it. What do you think?
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2007-11-11 at 07:20 PM.

LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #202

Spoiler
    Show

Don't know why the roll didn't work.

(1d20+4)[12]

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #203

Wendy was able to figure out what hers did. It can shoot a ray of cold at something, but if there is a limit to how often, she can't tell.

(I assume the question was aimed at Sam and Sydney, so I'll wait for their answers)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

"I'm all for sticking together," Sam says. "Considering what was in the toy store, I'd really rather not find out what our...Molar? Molan? friend has puppyguarding his house.

Sam rolls the gem back and forth in his palm, thinking. "If there's going to be anything interesting, it's going to be in that dedicated radio room or in the basement. I think someone ought to get to the bedroom first and incapacitate Moe, and then we can move on to the radio room--then hit the basement with whatever Moe tells us and whatever's in the radio room.

25. - Top - End - #205

"Best to stick together," Sydney agrees. "Or at least work in pairs; that might be more efficient if he stay in contact with each other well."

26. - Top - End - #206

Wendy nods to Sam and Sydney. "Good. Hm... are we sure Moe's in the bedroom? And if we incapacitate him, might that set off a failsafe security thing? She chews her lip, thinking aloud. "On the other hand, you're right, if we can go straight to him, we can interrogate him... which may make the whole mission much easier..."

"Tell you what, we may as well go through the front door. It's not like going through the back helped before--and who knows, maybe it will be unexpected? We can hit the bedroom first, but if that proves too dangerous, we dash straight for the basement door, or radio room, whichever is easiest to get to. Sound good?

Wendy looks at the crystal in her hand. "I did some research on crystal technology after finding the remains of a vaguely similar object on one of my jobs. Sort of like a prism that focuses light into a laser beam... though some work with different energies, converting them into light... even mental energy can be converted into a physical burst of force... I think this is what this is.... mine's awfully cold in my hand; maybe a cryo ray of some sort? The problem is they can be fragile... not sure how much they can be used. Even if I'm right that is. I'm just guessing...

LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #207

The Doctor nods. He is rather surpirsed that Wendy knows so much. Jim and he look at everyone else. "The bedroom plan might work, but I have a feeling that he needs to transmit the radio signal by hand. That tech wasn't all up to par. But then again, maybe he has more stuff than we give him credit for. Jim, can you lead the way?"

Jim waits for everyone else to begin to follow him.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Sydney stashes her gem safely inside her purse, placed next to softer objects to cushion it to decrease its chances of being damaged, should it be as fragile as Wendy postulates. She then follows Jim as instructed.

29. - Top - End - #209

"Jim, if you're leading, take this." Wendy hands him her taser, showing him how to operate it. "Not too difficult to use. And Sam's fixed it so it'll damage the 'toys' pretty well, as you've seen. I've still got my gun if I need it, and the gem." Wendy carefully tucks her gem under her sleeve and shoulders her daypack, ready to leave.

LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #210

Jim smiles. "Thanks Miss. Between this taser thing and my crowbar, I think I got a good chance of helping this. Oh, this is so exciting! I feel like Buck Rogers! Saving the world and everything!"

The Doctor laughs. "You know, Jon tells me that on the paralell world he calls Earth-616, I'm a bit of a Buck Rogers myself. Dimensional leaking and what not."

Jim and the Doctor look at each other and laugh at the absurdity of the Doctor possibly being a fraction as famous as Buck Rogers.

Martha sighed. She'd ridden in the Ghosty Car. She'd been in the TARDIS. She knew it wasn't that silly.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show