New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

”I...thank you, sir.” Anri decides not to comment on the complete lack of understanding Butler showed and simply roll with it, mechanical legs click-clicking against the floor.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia is a fairly levelheaded woman, all things considered. She rarely turns frantic or furious - and even when something does disconcert, her responses tend to skew towards self-doubt. So when the shock wears off and Fidelia processes those biting words, the look of hurt and anger speaks volumes.

”Is that what you think I am?” she snaps, defiance emerging into her tone. ”Some stupid little girl who wants to owe favors left and right? I don't just offer up my service to people for the fun of it! I’m trying to give you some goddamned help for once!” In any other living situation, this would probably be the point where Fidelia would stalk off to her room. As it is now, she’ll have to make do with stalking off to the couch to fume.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-10-10 at 11:52 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Parks and Reanimation

"Fidelia!" Jenette calls out, as her closest friend marches off in a huff. "Fi! I...I didn't mean it, okay? I just-" She takes a deep breath and slows down for a moment, trying to process everything. What is she going to do here? How is any of this going to work out? This ghoul thing can't go on forever, Fi's eventually going to decide she can't stomach aiding and abetting all of this savagery and cannibalism. At the same time, though, they're not going to be able to stay here and coexist like this without Saint Lazarus. Saint Lazarus is the one who saved Fidelia, the zombie knight who struck down all those thugs and rescued her from the gutter. She's just boring ol' Jenette d'Aubigny without Saint Laz. Jenette's not going to be enough to keep up with the rent payments and the dog food. Jenette isn't enough to shelter and protect Fi from the alleyways full of rapists and slavers and scum out there. Jenette isn't worth **** on her own, not without Saint Lazarus to mend her wounds and bear her sword.

"I'm scared, okay? This all came at me out of nowhere. This horrible, flesh-eating monster inside me...do you know why I came to Skyside, Fi? I wanted to take down a few gangsters and hurt the people who deserved before one of them finally got me. I came here to die, okay? Then I found Romero, and this place, and you. I joined VIGIL, and people seemed okay with me. I thought maybe I could actually make this Saint Lazarus thing work." At that point, her stomach starts to twist in protest, daggers of pain stabbing into Jenette's abdomen as she drops to a knee. There must be at least a little bit left in the fridge, right? Something she's been saving for a rainy day, for when the well of criminals, degenerates, and slave masters runs a little dry. Romero worriedly licks at her face, because she doesn't normally act like this and also he heard his name a moment ago so MEATSMELL must want something from him.

"I don't know how to go back to being just Jenette again," she admits, in a pained hiss as she pushes Romero aside and stumbles towards the refrigerator. Don't-look-at-the-couch-don't-look-at-the-couch-don't-look-at-the-couch. It's in there, a big ol' human steak with her name on it. She just has to open the refrigerator door and everything will be fine. She can go hunting with Romero and don't-think-about-her-right-now after one quick snack. Maybe round the corner and catch up to Jaahlyn, find out if goat meat is close enough to human to satisfy her cravings. She wouldn't even see it coming, the claws would be around that stupid hag's neck before she even-

Jenette blinks. The sharp nails on her withered left hand begin to retract, and it quickly swells back to its usual size, instead of that ghastly claw she'd wrapped around the fridge door. Oh gods, she really hopes Fi didn't see any of that just now.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-10-13 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #244

Parks and Reanimation

A small sniffle breaks the silence as Fidelia wipes away a tear. She hasn’t looked back at Jenette yet, as luck would have it - the girl is far too busy stewing in emotions and trying to calm down. ”I-I’m sorry, I- Look, you’re right. I- I overstepped my boundaries, I just- *sniffle* I just....” she trails off, taking a deep breath to calm herself and attempt to sort things out in her mind. “Everything about our situation... it hurts, you know? Er, not being here, with you, at your side. There’s- there’s nothing I’d want more than that, I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the worlds. But-“ she balls her fists in her lap. ”I’ve watched you hurt yourself again and again for a whole year. Hide from everyone, too scared of hurting anyone to reach out. I-I can’t even imagine how much it hurts to know your family’s out there, too afraid to hurt them or be rejected for what you’ve been cursed with now, and- and it hurts! I sit here, melding scrapes and dents, watching your back, but I can’t do anything to help fix things for you!”

Fidelia’s breathing is a little more choked up now as she struggles to recompose herself for a few moments. It’s clear these feelings have been bottled up for a while, and releasing them has taken a bit out of her. ”I-I’m sorry, I just... I care so much about you, and- and I just want to see you happy, just as much as you make me feel beside you. I....” she trails off, unsure what else to say.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Tellysandra’s Manse]

”I...thank you, sir.” Anri decides not to comment on the complete lack of understanding Butler showed and simply roll with it, mechanical legs click-clicking against the floor.
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

Butler will lead Anri to the theater room where Tellysandra is currently enjoying a film. Butler peeks inside. The movie seemed similar to To Err is Mag, but Butler hasn't seen too many movies, so he isn't sure. He pops his head back out. "Lady Tellysandra is currently occupied ma'am. You can wait inside the theater if you'd like, but I'll have to ask you to remain quiet until the conclusion ma'am."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

Anri’s response is to skitter over and gently drop herself down beside the doorway.
    ”I am a patient woman. Patience is one of the few things I have left.” she mutters, perhaps a bit bitterly.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Butler frowns a little. If Anri waited inside the theater, she could at least watch the movie! Outside just seemed depressing.

"Is there anything I could get for you while you wait ma'am?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellysandra’s Manse

Anri’s face is incapable of reacting to the question much.
    ”There is sadly nothing you have that I want and can still use.” she says bitterly.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"As you wish ma'am," Butler says. He walks over to her, turns around and sits down upon the floor next to Anri. Not exactly the actions of a high class butler who no doubt has many chores to do.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-10-16 at 12:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #250

Parks and Reanimation

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

A small sniffle breaks the silence as Fidelia wipes away a tear. She hasn’t looked back at Jenette yet, as luck would have it - the girl is far too busy stewing in emotions and trying to calm down. ”I-I’m sorry, I- Look, you’re right. I- I overstepped my boundaries, I just- *sniffle* I just....” she trails off, taking a deep breath to calm herself and attempt to sort things out in her mind. “Everything about our situation... it hurts, you know? Er, not being here, with you, at your side. There’s- there’s nothing I’d want more than that, I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the worlds. But-“ she balls her fists in her lap. ”I’ve watched you hurt yourself again and again for a whole year. Hide from everyone, too scared of hurting anyone to reach out. I-I can’t even imagine how much it hurts to know your family’s out there, too afraid to hurt them or be rejected for what you’ve been cursed with now, and- and it hurts! I sit here, melding scrapes and dents, watching your back, but I can’t do anything to help fix things for you!”

Fidelia’s breathing is a little more choked up now as she struggles to recompose herself for a few moments. It’s clear these feelings have been bottled up for a while, and releasing them has taken a bit out of her. ”I-I’m sorry, I just... I care so much about you, and- and I just want to see you happy, just as much as you make me feel beside you. I....” she trails off, unsure what else to say.
    Jen takes a deep breath and then lets it out, blocking her own view of Fidelia with the fridge door. It's not easy to talk or to listen to a human being when she's like this, to deny herself the easy prey just lounging on the couch, practically begging to be torn apart, but so long as she keeps her eyes on the fridge and not the living room, she should be able to manage just fine.

"Fi, I'm going to go over there and hug the **** outta you and tell you that we're going to get through this together, but I need to eat first, okay? Give me...two minutes," Jenette promises, finally finding what she was looking for, a tupperware container hidden all the way in the back of the fridge, next to the leftover MagDonald's. Some people used to say that their chicken tenders are made from lost orphans, but Saint Lazarus has tested that theory, and no they are not. Anyway, once those 'two minutes' (it's actually closer to three) are up, she strides towards her squire to make good on that promise.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellysandra’s Manse

There’s a long pause before Anri says something again.
    ”Don’t feel bad. If all of this goes well soon I’ll have a mouth and stomach again and I can call upon your services. Gods, I would kill to be able to have some wine right now. Or sleep.” she mutters, just as much to herself as to Butler.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Of the two of us ma'am, I don't think I'm the one who feels bad," Butler says quietly. "What happened ma'am?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-10-16 at 11:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

”I angered someone who had at least one powerful friend. Until I can find a warlock or a god powerful enough to break this demon’s work, I am stuck in this novelty entertainment golem. It would be good if I could speak to your Lady soon; if it gets too late I will be compelled to leave and find a party to work at.” Anri tells Butler. He’s going to hear it when she tells the warlock anyway, so she finds no harm in him knowing a bit earlier.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Ah, she was trapped inside the mecahnical spider thing. Like Magtok in one of his giant robot toys. This all makes sense now.

"It shouldn't be long now ma'am. I know a few devils who would love to break a demon's thing ma'am. Or I could ask Magtok for you ma'am. He's smart with technology ma'am." He could probably get Anri out of that chassis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

Anri shakes her head.
    ”I don’t want to be tinkered with, I want all this ceramic and gadgets and spigots gone. Frankly I don’t know where I am in all of this. A faerie told me that it expected the curse merely trapped me in its workings like gas, but I don’t know if I believe it. Either way, I’d rather turn to someone who’s an expert on the things that did this to me.” Solving the problem with blunt force would likely be disastrous.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-10-17 at 04:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Parks and Reanimation

The only aural response Jenette receives is another sniffle, thanks to Fidelia being fairly unaware that her charge can't see the shaky nod she responds with. It's not quite the response she needs at the moment, but the sincerity and emotion in her words are enough comfort to endure a couple more minutes of stewing in her thoughts and lingering anxieties over how Jenette would respond to everything she just broke down and confessed to. A bit of concerned attention from Romero eases things, once he remembers that it's probably a lost cause to beg for Forbidden Meat, and the stray gives him far more table scraps anyways.

Such patience seems to break as the knight finally reaches her; Fidelia leans into the hug almost a little desperately, a complex mixture of relief and insecurity bubbling up as she clings to whatever comforting affections she can. Literally, in this case. "I-I'm sorry I'm being like this," she apologizes. "I-I shouldn't be making you worry about me more than you already do."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

[Groundtown]

The Fantastic Dark Blue Levitating Animated Cloak is below Skyside in the not so lovely Groundtown.

Anyone listening closely can here the cloak whispering:
    "Oh excuse me. Sorry to get in the way. May I pass?."
    Although most people ignore the hushed cloak, some kinder souls step aside and let the cloak by. Occasionally the cloak "bends" down to pick up a cool looking rock.

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #258

[Groundtown]

God damn this place sucked. Nigel's taken to just holding his syringe gun in his hand as he walks along, careful to avoid bumping into any of the thugs and muggers that make groundtown their home. Still it should only be a couple more blocks to the alchemy lab that was supposed to be down here. This is definitely not worth it. This is-

Hang on is that...

Is that cloak picking up rocks?

Um... Nigel looks side to side, checking nearby windows and alleys. No... obvious trap? Hello?

Nigel is the bald, goatee'd man in my avatar.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

The Perfectly Pristine Cloak of Peculiarity waves precariously at Nigel, moving closer to whisper:
    "Who are you, fine person?"
    As well as expending his right sleeve (similar to how someone would shake a hand)

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #260

Groundtown

Nigel glances around again before... extending his... hand? Sure, let's shake the uh... cloak's hand. I'm uh... Nigel. He says nervously. Is this like... are you a wizard, or something? Turned into a cloak for... Probably some really great reason.

Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

[Groundtown]

The Cloak shakes its hood No, or the best approximation of no a hood can, and its sleeve up and down.

"I'm not a Wizard or anything of the sort, I am animated clothing"
    The cloak says in a tone that suggests if it could it would be smiling at you.

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #262

Groundtown

Great. Nigel says. Good. So you're down here just uh... collecting rocks? Nigel asks. Really he should just... just let the cloak go about its business. Damned if he can just ignore this though.

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

[Groundtown]

The cloak lets go of Nigel's hand and reaches into a pocket with its left sleeve

"Yes I am collecting rocks! Would you like one?"
    The sleeve is pulled out of the pocket and sitting atop it are 3 rock type objects, Violet Pebble, A Pale Red Sea Shell, and a Simple Jagged Gray Rock.

"Go ahead have one! Nigel!!"
    The sleeve moves toward Nigel's hands.

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

The only aural response Jenette receives is another sniffle, thanks to Fidelia being fairly unaware that her charge can't see the shaky nod she responds with. It's not quite the response she needs at the moment, but the sincerity and emotion in her words are enough comfort to endure a couple more minutes of stewing in her thoughts and lingering anxieties over how Jenette would respond to everything she just broke down and confessed to. A bit of concerned attention from Romero eases things, once he remembers that it's probably a lost cause to beg for Forbidden Meat, and the stray gives him far more table scraps anyways.

Such patience seems to break as the knight finally reaches her; Fidelia leans into the hug almost a little desperately, a complex mixture of relief and insecurity bubbling up as she clings to whatever comforting affections she can. Literally, in this case. "I-I'm sorry I'm being like this," she apologizes. "I-I shouldn't be making you worry about me more than you already do."
    "It's not your fault, Fi. You're doing the best you can, and god knows it hasn't been easy for you." Laz insists, stroking her squire's hair and doing her best to ignore Romero's own desire for pets and attention. Jenette just ate and Romero isn't allowed to lick her face immediately after a meal.

"Maybe I should train more with Calm Reed," Jenette remarks, thinking aloud. "If I learn enough Exalted martial arts before we find a cure, it won't matter if don't have ghoul strength anymore, right? I'll have just enough skill and training to not get kicked out of VIGIL and keep all the membership benefits and perks." Like Wenomir, but not as cool or popular or powerful! Yeah! That can definitely work out, right?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #265

Groundtown

...Sure? Nigel says, picking up the Violet Pebble and - feeling a little silly - stashing it in his bag. At least it's a pretty rock. Why are you collecting rocks. Why uh... why here? This place pretty much sucked.

Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"You are an artist. An artist needs materials, yes?" Bazzal asks, "If you can create what I desire, I have many specimens. I would gladly leave you enough to allow your muse to take you and produce something of your own. Would that be acceptable?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Tellysandra’s Manse]

[Jinn's Emporium]

The both Jinn's clap their hands together. "Yes, yes... that will do." The speaker of the two declare. "So what do you wish to commission? Please, don't be shy. We are willing to work on anything. The more unique, the better."

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

The movie theater is located in the west section of the northern wing of the manor. If there is anything have a good head for it's mental maps it seems considering how large this place is. Though perhaps he's using a electronic map or he might just get lost.

Either way, once they find their way to the theather there are two drones floating on either side of the door. Butler will know that they can simply move past them however. They would apparently only activate in a battle-situation. However, As Anri move past they seem to quickly scan her but without any ill effects.

The theater is huge for a private one but unsurpisingly largely empty besides what appears to be the archwarlock herself. Right now it seems to be showing some kind of celbrity news program. There are a couple of gnolls in fashionable clothes talking to one another about various actors and musicians.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

Groundtown

The cloak stashes the rest of the rocks.

"I'm collecting them because it's fun and here because I was close!"

"Why are you in Groundtown"
    The cloak whispers!

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #268

Groundtown

Right, right, let's not get too distracted here. We are still in Groundtown. I had a uh... an errand to run. There's supposed to be an alchemist's shop here that has good quality Glauber's Salt. Nigel says, fiddling with the strap on his bag. Are you... um. Do you live here, or? Why can this cloak talk. Why can. Why can this cloak talk.

Show

29. - Top - End - #269

Parks and Reanimation

"H-hey, it's not like you wouldn't be useful without it as-is," Fidelia points out after a brief moment. "I-I mean, I know you can't really make the best of it now, but all that medical training means you can probably help out somehow, right? At least until you can learn some new way to beat up bad guys." She seems to have mostly calmed down; her tears have dried, and her breathing is only a little ragged now. Snuggling up against the ghoul, she idly reaches a hand to try and pat Romero, a happy little shiver running through her as Jenette strokes her hair.

"B-besides, even if they did try to kick you out of VIGIL... I'd sure as hell help you fight to stay," she assures, tilting her head to give Jenette a reassuring look - though it might end up looking more affectionate than reassuring, admittedly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

Groundtown

"Off you are then I'd hate to keep you! And no I don't have a home proper! "
    The cloak points in the direction you came from when saying off you are.
    Last edited by Arron Oberon; 2019-10-20 at 09:32 PM.

Such a þorn in my side

Extended Sig