New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Street of Slavers- Warehouse

"That's fine, that'll be [slightly cheaper than if bought individually from the stores]. Or [slightly more than before] if you also want them chained together." He scribbles on a piece of paper, listing the prices and numbers of the individuals in a broken down receipt. It doesn't name either partner, nor give any description of the slaves sold. The man in his thirties is cheapest, the wood elves most expensive. There's a rough correlation between age and price, and the humans and goblins are the cheapest; shorter-lived than most of the others, they aren't going to last as long. The klingon is deceptively expensive; the Guild doesn't get many of them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Groundtown]

The beggars quickly swarm around the man Zee planted the seed in front of. It's difficult to tell wherever its of simple curiosity or if they would try to take the seed somehow. That would be rather dumb but these people are desperate so hopefully they'll make the right decision...
    Regardless, Minerva pays them no heed and continues forward. "Where did you get that seed from?" She inquires as they are going up with the transporter towards the city. They're nearly alone in this one, people seem to be wanting to keep a distance from the sister of battle.

They will arrive in Skyside itself shortly afterwards.

[Jinn's Emporium]

"It does not." Sihori confirms as Sam is shouting profanities within the dome. "Fret not however. The dome was specifically designed to contain the art. It's impossible for it to hurt us and it will be compensated for its time here. Despite the location of the studio, and what I'm sure is endless rumors, Jinn only works with free range art. They do not use the nearby market for subjects as they believe it negatively effects the emotional response of the art work. As you can see here, this art really reflects its emotions outwards without any fear of reprisal. Most market art is made to be subdued in one way or another. There is really no way one can tell how they been influenced by being contained for so long. This is meant to be raw art and one can certainly tell that now, wouldn't you agree?" There is a moment of pause as Sihori seems to let all that sink in. "But I'm going to return the art where it came now unless there are any objections. Is there anything else you like to see, or perhaps to show?"

If there are no objections, Sam will be sent back. But there will be something on his person. A strange coupon made from a material he's never seen before...

100 % off on the first transfiguration at the Temple of Shifting Sands in Inside.
    There is an address at the bottom of the coupon but nothing else. It does not look like something someone would hand out yet it seems genuine.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Groundtown]

Of course they want to keep their distance.

She's really intimidating.

"I keep a bunch of seeds in my pocket," Zee replies matter of factly. "You never know when one might come in handy."

...you know.

Considering how magical the Nexus is?

You could probably get away with tricking someone into believing that you've got a pocket full of magic beans pretty easily.

I mean.

Who's going to gainsay you about it?

No random person, those aren't magic beans those are just normal beans.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Street of Slavers - Warehouse

The robot nods its assent. A bag appears in its hand, seemingly from nowhere, filled with a sufficient quantity of gold coins, stamped with a skull on one side and a gate on the other, and inscribed with strange, cthonic script. Something about the money seems to make the robot uneasy, if that can be possible, because it holds the bag away from its body and will release it as quickly as possible, although any inspection will show no I'll effects from it, merely that the metal is consecrated in the name of the gods of death. "This payment should be sufficient. We can provide our own chains." In one of it's other hands, a mass of iron chains and collars appears, in the same way as the bag. The chains are thin and lightweight, but deceptively strong, enchanted in fact to be very difficult to break. The robot will spend a few minutes gently affixing them to the necks of each prisoner, taking care not to damage the merchandise.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #155

[Groundtown==> Skytown]

"Peculiar." Is Minerva's only comment to that. A woman of few words she is.

Eventually they will get off at Skyside itself. The giant flying platform is richer than the slums underneath but in the section of the city outside the railstation its hard to tell that. There are less beggars and muddy streets but the futuristic environment does not make up for the fact its looking pretty worn down.

There is what appears to be a vacuum cleaner with claws moving about the street picking up trash which it stuffs into a compartment on its back. Otherwise the streets are empty besides the other passengers moving out of the railstation. "So where now?" Minerva asks, looking up at a hovercraft which just now passes over them. Seemed like a great deal of the city's traffic is airborne.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Slaver's Guild Secret Warehouse

The guards at the warehouse are therefore unaware that they are being observed, more than the usual at least. Anything going on in Skyside with armed guards attracts some attention, if only from rival gangs that are curious about what they're guarding in there.

Using one of the itinerant drivers as a spy will take a while; it's almost as though the employers are deliberately avoiding employing the same individual too often, and selecting the ones they do use randomly. It'll take about a week before one is asked to deliver to the warehouse again, and she doesn't see much- the lorry is loaded for her at a private air-dock from a large helicopter with tandem rotors, a cargo she's not supposed to look at. She catches a glimpse anyway; a group of bulky orcs- the observer may recognise some that helped Jaahlyn; there's another way out of the warehouse- manhandling some large boxes into the back of the lorry, each box marked FRAGILE. The boxes are coffin-sized and about coffin-shaped, and there's a muffled scream when one is dropped. When they arrive at the warehouse guarded by the people in white and black, she's told to reverse up to the doors, which are opened for her, and told to stay put. The way things are positioned, she can't see what they're doing out back, nor what they're storing in the warehouse, but she is paid very well for the job.

The question is, can she drive freely? Should she have no guards in her truck the entity will take over and force her to drive another route. This only happens if there aren't tight guards in her truck or driving close. It is a bit to short on time to gather a team and hijack the truck so if this time fails, there will be another. Thought the entity will find more of those drivers to get a higher chance on seeing anything.

Whoever is spying on them is not in a hurry. Waiting for a good moment or an oppotunity to frame someone else is of the most importance. On the other hand Arkant might have pushed another lever after his current talking. Maybe he can convince Vigil to jump in? After all he pays them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Thundermarket Shopping Centre- Fleeing

"I don't know what you want, sir." Jaahlyn continues claiming. "Other than domination. Perhaps you should consider payments instead, yeah? Far more reliable."
    As Arkant starts prodding at her body through her mind, he will suddenly become aware that there another presence within her mind. A presence which is now blocking him from slowing down Jaahlyn's body.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The presence remarks, a distinctively dark male voice. "Can I help you with anything? It would seem you have a interest in this body. Which begs the question, what are you actually willing to give for it? I'm always willing to cut a deal."

"You never lt me talk to you and also those people got paid equaly. Give me some time to explain." he says befor he notice the other entity.

Since there are two beeings now Arkant splits himself up, still having one to talk to Jaahlyn and another instance of his mind talking to the other presence. This may be useless when both hear what the other one hears.

"A trademaker in someoneelses mind." he says "How rare. Haven't got one of you for decades. May I guess you are a demon of some sort and also connected to those that appeared in the nexus? " Arkant makes a pause to let the creature on the other end reply.
    "Oh, I guess you missunderstand. It's not the body I have intresst in...not anymore." His minion the guy with the gasmask is currently getting the car back from where he threw it. There sure should be some hair or other dna samples from her.
    "I'm more intressed in her mind which the body carries around. Is this also something you can trade?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

The hagspawn takes the money quite easily, not worried about the fact it's been dedicated to the Gods of Death. Many of the slavers, the ones who aren't atheists, worship particularly dark gods of their own; Bane the Lord of Tyranny, Loviatar the Lady of Pain, Molag Bal the Harvester of Souls, and others of that ilk.

The merchandise is freed and chained with no issues; the orc, who tries to resist, ceases after one of the guards jabs him with a cattle-prod.

Well, then. The driver has been paid quite well to make her delivery, and threatened with death if she doesn't make it... but she's not accompanied, or not visibly so. Might be some guards in the back of the lorry, but she doesn't know of those- if there are any. She can probably be redirected quite easily, if her passenger wants to try it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Street of Slavers - Warehouse

Once the slaves are securely chained, the robot will begin to lead them back to its ship, ready to load them onto it for the flight back to its base.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #159

Jaahlyn does not seem to be aware of the other conversation that is taking place. The mind inside of her seems to be however.
    "Then explain, sir." Jaahlyn replies, though she is already playing her song-of-escape. Regardless of this persons intentions she did not want to be around here anymore.

The presence laughs, though it's unclear what's so funny. "Oh yes, the body is disposable, even to its own mind. But I'm afraid you will be barking up the wrong tree if its dominance you aspire to. This mind is, ah, special. Control is only possible for those a step up the ladder." Whatever that means. "However, if its information you desire then I'm your man. So what about a fair trade, one answer for another? I can go ahead and charitably correct one of your assumptions as I'm not what a nexus-born would traditionally would classify as a demon. In my home-dimension I'm usually classified as a god. Don't let that fancy title fool you however, we're all at least in part human here aren't we? Helios is the name I usually go by, not to be confused with the sun-god with the same name. Now, why don't you tell me who you are? You have piqued my interest."

10. - Top - End - #160

[Groundtown==> Skytown]

"Peculiar." Is Minerva's only comment to that. A woman of few words she is.

Eventually they will get off at Skyside itself. The giant flying platform is richer than the slums underneath but in the section of the city outside the railstation its hard to tell that. There are less beggars and muddy streets but the futuristic environment does not make up for the fact its looking pretty worn down.

There is what appears to be a vacuum cleaner with claws moving about the street picking up trash which it stuffs into a compartment on its back. Otherwise the streets are empty besides the other passengers moving out of the railstation. "So where now?" Minerva asks, looking up at a hovercraft which just now passes over them. Seemed like a great deal of the city's traffic is airborne.
    Pfft.

There's nothing peculiar about keeping magic acorns in your pocket!

That's a completely normal, rational thing to do. Especially when you can modify the genetic makeup of the seed in question on the fly. Let's you grow just about anything in short order. Or you could do a Gandalf impression and turn them into little explosives! Lots of options.

"Find someone who knows the way to the space ports," Zee reasons. "Or find a sign that points out the WAY to the space ports."

And she'll begin doing exactly that! The trashbot probably doesn't know.

BUT!

It doesn't hurt to ask.

"Hey, you can't talk can you?" she asks the machine.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Now they've been paid and the robot has been given its selection, the hagspawn leads the way to the same door they arrived by, pushing it open and leading the way back onto the main street, via the alleyway. Once the robot and the sixteen unfortunates have left the warehouse, their guide locks the door again. They are allowed to leave the Street, pretty much unmolested. The large number of slaves attracts attention, particularly with just the one robot to keep an eye on them.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Street of Slavers

The robot is more than formidable enough to guard the slaves, even if it doesn't look it. It pays no heed to any stares and leads its prisoners back to its ship, which opens back up to admit them. Once inside, it locks each slave within a separate cell, each a cubicle about 8 feet on a side, then moves into the cockpit. The ship takes off and flies away from the city, its surface shimmering into camouflage against the sky.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Street of Slavers

The slaves pay some heed to the stares; the young boy and the human girls, as well as the half-elf, all blush at the attention directed their way by passersby. The klingon is eager to embark upon the spaceship; something she's more familiar than most of the other things she's seen. They all relax, at least briefly, in the cells- which are slightly larger than the ones in the warehouse.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Skytown]

The machine turns to her for a moment. But it does not seem to have a way of communicate and once it realizes that Zee isn't talking about trash, AKA trash-talking it, it quickly loses interest and turns to pick up half a spoda-can behind her. Soon stuffing it into its compartment.

"An heretical abomination. Stay clear of it." Minerva claims without any evidence as she gestures for Zee to come along. Apparently, she has seen a sign.
    Sadly, it isn't one from the Emperor. It's just an actual sign pointing towards the SPACE SHIP DISTRICT. Sounds promising, right?

15. - Top - End - #165

[Skytown ==> Space Port]

Aaaww...

The robot doesn't want to talk.

Or more likely can't talk. Not more aware than a roomba. But worth trying, right?

"It probably isn't going to stage any uprisings," Zee reasons.

She isn't sure if that makes it less heretical. Though she IS sure that the 40k folks don't like robots.

Especially intelligent ones.

Those are the WORST.

Zee doesn't really think so, though. It mostly just seems sad to her. Sort of like all the various stories of gods creating their children and then killing them because they don't want to get surpassed.

Isn't that the hope of parents? That their children will accomplish greater things than they?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

frown Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Street of Slavers

The ship flies away smoothly and silently, taking its cargo of slaves out into the countryside, to an unknown fate...

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

Parents might hope to be surpassed by their children, but I can't think of many who hope to be killed by them.

But there's a ship! It's still being loaded, which means it's likely to take off soon. Well, hopefully. It's a big, dirty thing; a Longboat landing/cargo vessel, probably based on a larger, orbital ship. It's an Imperial design (or at least, I found it in the Dark Heresy stuff I was given, so it is at least matches the aesthetics quite well), though unarmed and incapable of independent Warp travel. It's being loaded with large wooden boxes and wooden crates, which are being hauled aboard by one of the three visible crew, operating a power-lifter Sentinel variant. One of the other two is standing guard, a large man perched on the top of the voidcraft and hefting a crude crank-operated heavy stubber. The other is walking up to the boxes before they're loaded, scanning them with an auspex and making notes on a tablet he holds before marking them out to his colleague in the walker; he's probably the easiest to approach. All three crew are male, bald and wear reinforced void-suits of thick black rubber and polished brass, and the person organising the boxes has an autopistol in a holster at his waist.

Zee might notice something odd about all three; despite their apparent humanity, all three have an organ in their lower torso comprised entirely of non-human DNA.

18. - Top - End - #168

Tempest Row Spaceport

Silly Zee. Robots aren't real people. They're heretical copies of real people that must be destroyed at any cost.

Minerva stops a moment and inspects the ship and its surroundings before continuing her approach. "I desire transport on board this ship back to the closest imperial world. Can you take me there?" She asks the three crewmen.

19. - Top - End - #169

Parks and Reanimation

"Of course not, miss. Question-asking is not a part of my services." Jaahlyn clears her voice. "*ahem* So, are you lady-knight actually physically dead or suffering from a disease?" A thoughtful pause. "Or is it perhaps some kind of combination of both? I've heard that the healing magic which is common here tend to harm those who are actually dead rather than diseased. But there are other ways to find out if you don't actually know."
    "Magical disease...I think. I'm not sure if I'm dead, so much as not alive, if that makes any sense," Jenette frowns, pursing her lips in thought. She never actually got around to trying to figure out exactly how one defined her condition. There's hardly ever any time for that kind of nazel-gazing and philosophical pondering when there's always hungry mouths to feed, criminals to slaughter, and rent money to loot from their bodies. Taking care of these two and checking in with VIGIL every now and then would be demanding and exhausting, if she still knew how to feel tired and exhausted.

"I don't rot like dead bodies do, but I don't breathe like living ones. So long as I keep the ah, the hunger in check, I can heal better than anyone, but if I don't, I get a little bit like that one cartoon where the sponge emptied his mind of everything but fine dining and breathing." Except Saint Lazarus's idea of dining isn't what anyone else would ever describe as 'fine,' and these days, she doesn't really do a whole lot of breathing, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #170

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Why do space ships in 40k have to look so imposing and depressing?

That's just the ascetic of the whole setting, isn't it?

Imposing, grim, and depressing.

Would it KILL them to add a little color to the thing?

Or are colors heretical?

She's distracted from her decorative impulses when she notices the weird additional organ and weird additional genes applied to the crew members. Which... huh. Is pretty weird? Gene stealers, maybe? Don't they inject a thing into people that causes their offspring to be hybrid alien things?

Zee focuses a bit more on the organ and begins constructing a developmental model in her mind. She should be able to reconstruct a mental schematic of the creature the organ came from, assuming there aren't significant epigenetic shenanigans going on. Also assuming the genome is complete.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

The only one in a position to answer the Sororita's question is the overseer managing the loading of the shuttle. "Ah, sure. We'd be honoured to give transport to such an exalted personage as your good self, Your Holiness. Though this ship's not sufficient to take anyone to the nearest Imperial world, we can take you to The Talons of Finance, which can take you there. Once Master Lucian Marko has finished his orbit, anyway. He'd lose money if he turned back to the Imperium now." And, being a rogue trader, he probably wouldn't like that much- unless Minerva's secretly an Inquisitor, anyway.

The organ appears to have grown naturally in the man's body. It's a genetic store, and contains a nearly-complete genome for... something bipedal with four arms, bearing a pair of humanoid hands on the lower limbs and three incredibly sharp talons on the upper. It's got a human-like head, round and bulbous, and a shockingly adaptable biology. It can survive in the void of space, breathe a variety of toxic atmospheres with no ill effects, and eat pretty much anything organic. Something possibly concerning is that the organ is connected to the man's reproductive organs, and the organism's every gene is not only dominant, but able to replicate itself and totally overwrite the human genes the child should get from their mother.

22. - Top - End - #172

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn considers these words even though she wasn't familiar with this 'cartoon'. "Sounds like a curse to me, but I can't be sure. In fact, for all I know the curse might be what is keeping you 'alive' so trying to undo it would be foolhardy." An idea. "How does this 'magical disease' spread exactly? I had this idea that if one would infect say... undesirable animals." Not rats. "Then I could test different ways to undo or lighten this disease on them before attempting the same thing on you. Would be a great deal safer than to speculate our way towards a cure."

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Minerva nods, that was the reply she wanted to hear from a civilian from the imperium. "And how long would that be? This wouldn't be my first time on a rogue trader ship. I know how they handle things." Just by the name of the ship and the fact they were doing business on this heretical world she could guess what sort of people they were.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Zee purses her lips as she comes to the conclusion of her modeling.

That's... uh.

Kind of a bad thing to learn. Also kind of a good thing that she caught it. Because that's exactly what the Nexus needs more of right now. Infiltrating monsters that eat everything. As if the skinwalkers weren't bad enough. She refrains from yelling about it right away, though. If her memory of how these things work is correct, the actual aliens implant people and cause them to have horrible hybrid babies. So these guys must have been infected somewhere else? She would just have to make sure that they didn't reproduce while they where here.

Which...

Would be a pretty major undertaking.

She would need help.

Probably.

Thankfully making help is something she's well equipped for.

But for the time being?

She just smiles and watches the exchange, playing her part as the mostly oblivious planet-sider. All the while she's on the lookout for anything else suspicious.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

"Well, you're in luck. We're on our return journey now. Should only be two, maybe three months. Four at the outside. Shiptime, of course." The Warp does weird things to time sometimes, and there's always a risk that you'll come out centuries before or after you left, or picked up some other chronological oddity which may attract the Inquisition's attention. There's a small Ordo dedicated to hunting down and eliminating or solving temporal anomalies.

Zee is basically ignored; the overseer takes her for Minerva's companion, servant or possibly slave; somebody less important but who will still be travelling with Minerva.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Well, then. The driver has been paid quite well to make her delivery, and threatened with death if she doesn't make it... but she's not accompanied, or not visibly so. Might be some guards in the back of the lorry, but she doesn't know of those- if there are any. She can probably be redirected quite easily, if her passenger wants to try it.

In that case she will be forced to change the course. The first one is no direct leave of the road more another possible route, just to check how tight the guard is. Should they wait or not act the truck will be lead to an empty warehouse where a lot of masked and armed people wait inside to possible unload the truck.

Jaahlyn does not seem to be aware of the other conversation that is taking place. The mind inside of her seems to be however.
    "Then explain, sir." Jaahlyn replies, though she is already playing her song-of-escape. Regardless of this persons intentions she did not want to be around here anymore.

The presence laughs, though it's unclear what's so funny. "Oh yes, the body is disposable, even to its own mind. But I'm afraid you will be barking up the wrong tree if its dominance you aspire to. This mind is, ah, special. Control is only possible for those a step up the ladder." Whatever that means. "However, if its information you desire then I'm your man. So what about a fair trade, one answer for another? I can go ahead and charitably correct one of your assumptions as I'm not what a nexus-born would traditionally would classify as a demon. In my home-dimension I'm usually classified as a god. Don't let that fancy title fool you however, we're all at least in part human here aren't we? Helios is the name I usually go by, not to be confused with the sun-god with the same name. Now, why don't you tell me who you are? You have piqued my interest."

"Those people you used your musik on have been a problem in the current society. They where hostile in physical or mental ways and couldn#t incluse themself in a group. It appears to be a side product of the local laws and a few of them even asked for help. So I just supressed these natures allowing them to become part of something. To ensure things I needed to make them a place where they can do that. Those slavers you talked to sure do worst things without hesitating."

As he speaks he still uses some suggestion to slow her down. nothing strong but maybe it can hit a weak spot/moment of weakness.

"Well a friendly trade of informations sounds like a welcome idea of mine. Thought I might need to 'step up the ladder', should this not statisfly my curiosity. The concept of 'gods' is really a strange one." Arkant replies.
    "Let me return the favor. For once I'm not a nexus-born either. In the past I have been described as a'god', but I think you know that this doesn't mean anything. The concept of getting power by people that woreship you is intressting, but also it kind of makes you tied to them. My name is Arkant and it goes everywhere so far.
    Befor we go on any futher we might consider some rules? I mean it would be nice for both of us to know if things are true or not. We can't just causaly trust the other person we just met in this odd occasion, right? Maybe we use some magic to assist this cause?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #176

Tempest Row Spaceport

"You can warptravel but not travel to the imperium?" Minerva felt she needed some clarification on that part. "The warp itself is dangerous, especially to smaller ships." Shouldn't be something she needed to tell voidmen but why void travel such small distances?

"I'm sorry sir, but my concerns is not this society and even if it was, people are by their nature unruly yet the majority can still function in a community without what you're doing." Anyway... time to face the music. Or play the music in this case.

Finishing her tune, she touches the wall behind her and a portal opens within the solid metal.

Meanwhile, the conversation within her mind rages on.

"What is this 'cause' you mention? I'm afraid our time might be running out, so we need to be quick about it. Why don't you call this number. It will lead to you to a person that can put you right in touch with me." A number will be told to Arkant.

27. - Top - End - #177

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Why are they all bald, anyway?

Was that a tyranid thing?

Or a fashion thing?

Zee honestly isn't sure which.

BUT!

There are still other points to consider. She begins turning her attention to her surroundings here. What else is nearby? What else is going on? What are these guys loading into their ship? Does it look like the ship in question has a crew greater than three? If so...

Well...

That could be a problem if they're out getting busy with the local population, couldn't it?

Zee reaches into her pocket and withdraws a few acorns, a plan beginning to form.

28. - Top - End - #178

Parks and Reanimation

"I'm not sure how it's transmitted exactly, but I think it's absorbed through the blood?" Fidelia offers, looking to St Lazarus for confirmation. "Biting works so maybe it's through saliva, but we think scratching can do it too? It's, uh, not really something we've tried figuring out."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Warehouse

The slavers have no way of telling when the lorry goes off-track, and there's no alarm when it starts heading the wrong way. She wasn't given a set route to travel, just a destination; how she got there was up to her.

Inside the back of the lorry are twenty-two coffin-sized rectangular crates securely lashed in place and three orcs in bulky body armour and gas masks. The moment the lorry is opened and the orcs realise they aren't where they're supposed to be, they pull batons out and the first throws a smoke grenade that bursts into thick, black smoke that acts as an irritant to eyes and throat and blocks vision. The orcs will then try to get out of the lorry, lay about with their batons and try to subdue any resistance, kill the driver and reclaim the truck.

Tempest Row Spaceport

"Ah, no, Your Holiness. You misunderstand. Once we are aboard The Talons of Finance, it will be two or three months of ship-time before we reach Imperial space, the orbital dockyards of Skorgulian. We've got two more day's of business here, to finish loading our new cargo and ensure everyone of our small craft gets shore leave, then our next destination is the Arcadium Gardens. Couple of officially uninhabited death worlds, there's a hunting camp on one of them. We'll probably pick up a terrorsaur or two destined for an arena on Eustis Majoris, and that's our last stop before we head back. Can't risk having the gigabeast aboard too long, see. They don't sleep, so sedating don't work."

They're loading big metal boxes onto their ship. They aren't labelled, though the Sentinel is picking them up quite easily so they might be relatively light. Considering the crates are about eight feet square, anyway. The baldness is a Tyranid thing, in their case at least. Though since voidsmen usually spend some time in zero-g and wear space suits for their job, shaven heads are probably quite common. There's a few other ships nearby, but not too close- nobody wants to park too close to their neighbour when they don't know how well that neighbour drives. This particular ship probably has a crew larger than three, yes. Maybe about five or six people? It might even be as many as ten, if it's particularly inefficient.

30. - Top - End - #180

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"Very well then. I have no concerns about your business however. In fact, the less I hear about them the better." She eyes their ship. "I suppose I do have to stay on board your ship until that time however." Then Minerva finally turns back to look at Zee. "But what about you?"