Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

Vash catches her breath for a moment. She had not expected a fight, and she hadn't been prepared well. She even wore a white dress! It was going to take forever to get the bloodstains out! She sees Shahaar rifling through Kashruk's things. "Hey, save a cut of that for me." Then she goes to speak with Ostran, "Eventful night. Perhaps you could tell me what you did to get them to cause such a ruckus?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Sigrid raises a hand to Shahaar, her breath a little short. "Please." After the healing spell is cast, the dwarf bows her head. "Thank you. You're not someone to trifle with in a fight."
    Shahaar makes good on her offer, placing her hand where the dwarf's ruffled shirt is stained with fresh blood. She speaks a few words in Goblin and the wound begins to heal itself. "Neither are you," she responds.

After searching the bodies, Shahaar slides the golden snake armband off of Kushruk's arm, looking at it covetously even though it is the size of a torc for her. She eyes Vash coolly, recognizing the Keeper's influence in the half-elf's comment, but she does place the pistol and armband in a pile to deal with later. She very carefully avoids touching the glass-and-feather tokens in Kushruk's belt pouch, but murmurs a quick prayer to the Shadow and is suddenly able to see any auras of magic present in the room. She looks at the tokens again with her new magically-sensitive vision.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since no one else took her up on the offer of healing, Shahaar will use the 2nd level spell slot to heal Sigrid for 13 HP, then uses her last 1st level spell slot to cast detect magic.

1st Level Spell Slots: 0/4
    2nd Level Spell Slots: 0/2
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by czieg View Post
    Tuulo lets out a heavy breath he didn't fully realize he was holding once the final lizardfolk is secure. Looking around, it seems that the rest of the group had the room under control, so he instead moves to the front door and looks for any sign of the door guards. He'd noticed their disappearence just before everything had gotten bloody and didn't want to potentially leave someone to die when he could have helped them.
    As Tuulo moves to the entrance, he notices two things; the two mercenaries standing watch are slumped against each side of the swinging double-doors, and a small crowd which likely stopped to wonder what all the flashing colors and battle-sounds from within the tavern were about. Though the guards look beaten and bruised, the rising and falling of their chests and no serious wounds indicates they are alive, but will no doubt be embarassed when they awaken. As to the onlookers, some of them look expectantly at Tuulo, either waiting for an answer to an unasked question, or warily making sure the Tortle wasn't one of the aggressors now turning his focus elsewhere.

Inside, Shahaar's investigations into the magical nature of the lizardfolks' items turns up with nothing. The items are al as mundane as they come, even though she detects a lot of magical energy in the background permeating the entirety of the tavern at this point, still fading from the intense battle.

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    Seeing the others looting the bodies, Akshav takes note of what they produce, and continues questioning the prisoner. "<How did you know where we would be meeting? And how did you acquire the firearm?>"
    <"The Coppernail did not exactly make it a secret. News traveled across the whole of the land, even farther than the mountains. Everyone with good hearing and reading-eyes knew Coppernail found something, and we wanted to know what he found. The temples of the jungles are ours to protect and keep, and we did not want to fight where it wasn't needed. The Coppernail did not wish to discuss, and fled here. We followed, and ... you know the rest."> He pauses a moment, his eyes drifting towards Kashruk's corpse. <"The fire-spitter? Kashruk did not kill for it, if that is your suspicion. Some Cold-Sun lizard offered it as tribute to Rhashaak, and Kashruk saw fit to use it properly. We do not know where the Cold-Sun obtained it.">

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Danger done with for the moment, the Kundarak mage returns to the kitchen door: waving the seal upon it away with a brush of her hand.

"You can come out now, Mr. Coppernail. The fighting's over."
    As Sigrid unlocks and opens the kitchen door, Ostran stumbles out, the previously full bottle he had pulled in with him now completely empty. He takes a moment to compose himself, bracing himself against the doorway and asks, "It's done? You scared those brutish scales away?" He looks around the room, not waiting for an answer, and notices the disarray and the three dead bodies of his former pursuers. His face drains of color and his pince-nez falls off his face in shock, but he doesn't withdraw. For the moment he ignores Vash's question, instead telling the two females, "I want you to gather everyone who fought, and come upstairs with me. I have a room there. You're all hired, no questions, I won't take no for an answer, and anyone who turns the offer down is a fool. A whole tavern full of prospective heroes, but I want the five who saved my neck. I owe you at least the chance to pay you for a job you're more than capable of." He cleans himself off and re-dons his pince-nez before finally answering Vash's initial inquiry. Sort of. "All will be explained. I thought I would be able to be more secretive than the evening proved, but I do have answers, I promise. Wait by Room 4, I'll be up shortly." With that, he places the empty bottle quietly back where he had retrieved it from, watching the bartender carefully as he does so. "I do think I owe the good proprietor an apology for this though..." With that, he walks over the bartender, and the two become quickly entangled in a discussion of damages and liability.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; Today at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Akshav turns to the group she had fought with. "This one," she gestures with her thumb. "Has little else to tell us. The treasure we seek is in a temple to Rhashaak, which the Blackscale claim ownership of. The advertisements that brought us here, brought them here as well." Looking around the room, she says, "I have no further questions for him, but if any of you do, ask them. Then, we must decide his fate." She steps away from the Lizardfolk to look at the gathered items more closely, and pockets one of the totems for herself.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

5. - Top - End - #65

Goblin

Away from the prisoner by the pile of loot, Shahaar asks Ashkav, "Who is this Rhashaak? A god? And what are these tokens? I can tell they're not cursed, at least."

She glances over to where Ostran stands conversing with Vash and the dwarf. "Looks like Coppernail has come out of hiding," she says with a slight sneer. Her time in Sharn where Daask and the Boromar Clan are feuding has not disposed her well to halflings in general, and Ostran's cowardice has not improved that impression. "We've shed blood for him already, I wonder what he has to say for himself?"
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    DM

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Sigrid nods to Ostran, wincing as she looks across the tavern. She takes a second to help patrons with restoring the place: righting tables, and using some simple charms to remove stains of blood or spilled liquor. There's only so much she can do, but best to remedy the situation as much as she's able prior to heading up to the second floor..

She spares a glance for the fallen Lizardfolk. They'd been the agressors here, there's no shame in defending yourself with lethal force, but anyone watching Sigrid could note her shudder. She's far from used to this.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Vash responds to Ostran's request by heading up to the room. She's curious what Ostran's up to, and definitely glad to be hired.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

8. - Top - End - #68

Goblin

As the dwarf helps clean up the tavern with magic, Shahaar approaches her and introduces herself, "I'm Shahaar. What did the halfling say?"

Show
    I don't think the rest of us heard Vash and Sigrid's conversation with Ostran?
    Show
    Player
    DM

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Show
    Dang it, I messed up! Sorry, long day (as ever)

Sig takes a closer look at her new friend. Her eyes narrow at the sign around her neck; seeing the Hexagram worn so openly is a bizarre experience to say the least. But... well, such is life in Q'barra. And Shahaar had just healed her. The Six aren't a threat so long as you're faithful to the Sovereign Host, right? Right. A deep breath taken, Sigrid nods and offers the cleric her hand with a smile. "Sigrid d'Kundarak. A pleasure."

Shahaar's words prompt Sigrid: that's right, she should share what Ostran said with the group. She waves a hand at the turtle and smaller lizardfolk, checking to ensure everyone is listening before she continues. "We're all hired. He'll share his information on the second floor, in his private room. He claims only a fool would turn this opportunity down."

Sig places a hand to her side, chuckling ruefully. "If it pays for a new shirt, I'm willing to follow along for now. Especially if the three of you are all still interested. It'd be nice to have trustworthy people along for this."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; Today at 03:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tuulo winces at the state of the two door guards. They'd merely been doing their jobs and those bruises looked painful. He'd try to treat their injuries, but he is lacking in the supplies necessary. Looking back to the crowd, he clears his throat projects his voice as best he can. "The lizardfolk have been dealt with and there is no more danger." Scanning the crowd, the tortle picks out two adults at random. "You sir, could you please go and get the guard? One of the lizardfolk have been captured and I'm sure they'd like to speak to him." He then turns to the second, "Could you go get someone to treat these two? They are in no immediate danger, but we should do our best to help them all the same."

Leaning back inside for a moment, Tuulo calls to the occupants of the tavern. "Does anyone have some medical supplies? These two could use some." He doesn't wait for a response, instead going outside again. He crouches down between the two door guards and begins helping them as best he can with what he has on him, identifying broken bones as best he can for when someone properly equipped shows up.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20)[7]
    Medicine: (1d20+5)[19]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

"You would call him that," Akshav says in response to Shahaar's question about Rhashaak. "He is the one all lizardfolk worship. The Blackscale claim a special relationship, however. It is the source of the power they pretend to have." Holding up the totem she had taken, she adds. "These are a mark of Rhashaak's favor; they are said to ward away evil spirits."

When Sigrid tells them of Coppernail's offer, Akshav nods, but waits to head upstairs until the captive is dealt with.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."