Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 71
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Akshav's quick movements catch the arrogant Blackscale completely by suprise, and he screeches as both her jaws and her dagger taste blood. As Tuulo charges the leader, the massive reptilian brings up his other arm to fend off the quarterstaff, though Tuulo's claws do dig into its target, and the leader's grip on the pistol wavers for a moment. He grinds his teeth to mask the pain before pulling himself free of Tuulo's claws. Chaos ensues around the tavern as a few of the patrons take extra precautions to stay away from the erupting brawl, made even more poignant by the sudden appearance of a dense, murky fog that covers all but the furthest corners of the room, enveloping just about everyone within it. The fog is as thick as they come, and it becomes difficult to even see your own hands in front of your face without incredible effort.

    One of the other thuggish lizards can be heard shouting, <"They've used magic! Someone else is aiding the interlopers!"> The leader's voice shouts back, <"Disperse for now. Find the Coppernail! He must be here!">

    The lizardfolk trapped in Akshav's jaws regains enough composure to slam the butt of his spear into her chest, forcing her mouth open and giving him an opportunity to run away deeper into the fog. The leader also takes the opportunity to rid himself of Tuulo's interference, his long wiry tail disappearing into the dense fog as he snarls in frustration. The other two Blackscales can be heard moving around through the fog and occasionally knocking over the locale's furnishings, but their predatory instincts give them a talent for being unseen. Only Sigrid has an idea of where one lizard might be as the air shifts near her vantage point on the stage from sudden movement.

    Not-Ostran, in the meantime, bolts towards the kitchen as quickly as his little legs will carry him. His location can only be determined by the occasional exclamations of "Pardon me!", "Coming through!" and "Make way!" which can be heard along his path. He manages to stumble out of the fog cloud's cover through the small flap which separated the main room from the bar, and is standing right in front of the door to the kitchen, taking a small moment to grab a nearby bottle and take a long swig before clunking the bottle back down on the nearby counter.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    • Akshav hits the Thug with both attacks for 8 total damage, and gains 5 THP
    • Tuulo critically hits the boss for 9 damage
    • Sigrid casts Fog Could (Level 2), heavily obscuring almost the entirety of the tavern
    • The lizardfolk spread out and take the Hide action (no Attacks of Opportunity due to heavy obscurement)
    • Ostran dashes to P3 (and is currently not obscured)


    A note on the Fog Cloud: unless you're standing near one of the outer walls, chances are very high that you're heavily obscured. Also: a reminder that searching for a hidden enemy is an Action (Perception check).
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    The slight imbalance in the fog makes a chill run down Sigrid's spine. She's suddenly all too conscious of the faint odor of roses she'd applied to herself back before entering the Anteater. She can not afford to stay here for long. Before the lizard has a chance to lunge at her, Sig has jumped from the stage, wheeling around through the flap to stand at Ostran's side. She turns to face the tavern floor, ready for any lizardfolk to rush on the charge, but spares her new friend a sidelong glance and a look she hopes is encouraging.

    "Does this sort of thing happen to you a lot?"

    By the Host, she hopes not. Regardless, she raps briefly on the kitchen door with her off hand. "Whenever you're ready. No one breaks a Kundarak seal." In the tavern proper, the cloud of mist is already starting to recede. As far as Sigrid's concerned, it bought her and Ostran the time they needed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sigrid's trying to move to P4: once there she'll delay until Ostran's through the door, then Arcane Lock it with her Dragonmark. She'll also lift the fog cloud as soon as she reaches the square: by that point Ostran has her between him and the lizardfolk and the latter won't have the advantage of concealment when their cover's gone.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Shahaar finds herself impressed by Akshav's sheer audacity in spitting back at the larger lizard. She is caught by surprise, however, as complete mayhem breaks out in the Tired Anteater. Before she can decide what to do, a thick fog fills the room, obscuring her vision. "Keeper take you all!" she curses under her breath.

    She hops off the stool, draws her mace, and unhooks her shield from her backpack. Suddenly, the magical fog disappears just as suddenly as it appeared, leaving everyone exposed once again. Ostran and the dwarf are nowhere to be seen, though she recalls hearing the halfling's voice earlier through the fog, somewhere off to her left. Up until now, she has been undecided how she wants to position herself in this complicated conflict. She can feel the Fury stirring within her, though, and she impulsively decides to cast her lot in with the bold Akshav rather than with the ogre-like bullies. She takes several steps closer to Akshav, raising her shield and mace defensively, and waits to see what the black-scaled lizards will do next. <"You ok?"> she asks Akshav.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Move to L6. Unfortunately, after drawing her mace I think she has to use her action to grab her shield with her other hand.

    If she is allowed to do both as free actions, she readies an action to cast command ("grovel" in Draconic) against any enemies who attack her or Akshav, Wisdom DC 12.

    AC: 18
    HP: 24/24
    1st Lvl Spells: 4/4
    2nd Lvl Spells: 2/2
    Last edited by astragalos; 2019-04-16 at 06:31 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Vash stands and draws her blade. She too slips into the fog, whistling softly before clambering onto the stage and crouching down near where the piano is. She watches for Blackscale legs to come past where she is hiding.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to J8
    Hide: (1d20+7)[10]
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    'This fog works for and against the Lizardfolk.' Tuulo's mind spins for a moment, weighing everything. He couldn't see any of the lizardfolk, but he could predict where they would go. 'They want the halfling, and they want to leave here.' He starts to move toward where he could block off the way to the door for the lizardfolk, but then the fog disappates, leaving everything clear to see. Changing tac, he closes in with the black-scaled lizardfolk next to the dwarven woman, figuring himself most suited to draw their attention.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to M10
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]
    If Crit: (1d8)[5]

    Monk Unarmed Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5]
    If Crit: (1d4)[1]

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    "<Fine.>" Akshav responds in Draconic, almost dismissively. She scrambles over the bar and ducks behind it to use as cover, her eyes darting around the room searching for the Blackscale Thug who had spit on her. Finding him, she calls upon her eldritch patron and sends a blast of Dendar's energy toward him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to M3.
    Attack: Eldritch Blast ((1d20+4)[9], (1d10+2)[9])
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Not-Ostran snatches another bottle before pushing through the door. As Sigrid closes it behind him, he panicks for a moment and shouts, "Y-you'll come back for me, right?!?" but doesn't hinder Sigrid from sealing the door. As the fog lifts, two of the lizards, one thug and the leader, are suddenly caught out in the open, no longer hidden from sight. The tavern suddenly becomes a veritable battlefield as numerous bottles, a handful of spells, and a few pieces of ammunition suddenly fly through the air, the tavern's inhabitants clearly fed up with the antics of the intruders and emboldened by those of you taking a stand. Few, if any, manage to strike the lizards, but they do serve as a good distraction. Among them is Akshav's chaotic bolt, which harmlessly sails over the head of her target and fizzles against the back wall. Tuulo's staff doesn't seem to phase the imposing lizard he decided to attack, but the follow up punch manages to land squarely against an unprepared reptilian snout, forcing the thug to stumble slightly before he returns the favor, despite already breathing heavily as if the fighting spirit was leaving him quickly.

    The dark-scaled lizard lashes out twice with his spear at the Tortle, the first jab harmlessly glancing off of Tuulo's shell. The second jab is more successful, finding an opening between Tuulo's fluid movements and his hard carapace. From just beyond the struggle between the two of them, the loud bang of a pistol preceding a shot that catches Tuulo in the shoulder. Quick reflexes were able to save the monk from worse damage by shifting his shell to at least dampen some of the force, but there will no doubt be a bruise there the next morning, if not later that evening.

    The other lizards, having regained whatever bravery inspired them to attack in the first place, seem to swarm from their hiding places. One charges from behind a toppled table to attack Shahaar, jaws snapping hungrily, and spear thrusting wildly. She manages to avoid the mouth full of teeth with a defensive sweep of her mace, but the spear manages to slip through and jab through her armor. Another spear comes flying from somewhere behind the piano on the stage, but it harmlessly embeds itself into the stool adjacent to her, knocking it over with a loud clattering.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    • Ostran moves into the kitchen
    • Sigrid casts Arcane Lock on the door and drops concentration on Fog Cloud
    • Shahaar draws her mace and dons her shield (a shield always requires an action to don/doff, so unfortunately no held action applies)
    • Akshav's Eldritch Blast misses
    • Tuulo strikes the Blackscale Thug for 5 damage
    • Vash is hidden
    • Blackscale Thug moves from H8->G7->H6->K6; attacks Shahaar and hits once for 7 damage
    • Blackscale Thug moves from J12->K12; throws a javelin at Shahaar and misses; moves back to J12
    • Blackscale Thug (N10) attacks Tuulo and hits once for 8 damage
    • Kashruk attacks Tuulo and critically hits for 10 damage, reduced to 4 damage by Deflect Missile

    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-04-16 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    'That might be an issue.' Tuulo grunts at the feeling of the bullet impacting his shell and the feeling of a blade making it's way past his shell and staff. He pivoted his position so he could properly engage both of the lizardfolk. Crouching low so he's better able to angle his shell in the way of attacks, he lashes out with low strike of his staff at the more injured of the two lizardfolk.

    Spoiler: Crunch Like Lizardfolk Teeth
    Show
    Move to N11 so in melee range for both of the lizardfolk.
    Attack on Nameless Blackscale at N10, if he's down by then, switching to the pistol-wielder.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]
    Crit: (1d8+3)[11]

    HP: 12/24
    Ki Points: 2/3

    Bonus Action, spend a ki point to Patient Defense Dodge Action
    Last edited by czieg; 2019-04-16 at 03:45 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Shahaar yelps as the lizard rushes her and stabs her in the shoulder with its spear, then snarls with rage. The Fury within her urges her to hurl herself at the lizard who is twice her size, but luckily the Mockery and His battle cunning prevail. Shahaar carefully retreats behind a table, shoving her mace back through her belt and muttering a quick prayer in Goblin--{Mockery, give me victory}--as she points at the lizard who wounded her. A shadowy kama appears where she had been seconds ago, slashing at the lizard's throat.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Shahaar uses her action to Disengage, moves to P7 while sheathing her mace, and then uses her bonus action to cast Spiritual Weapon at L6. Using Fury of the Small to add +3 to her melee spell attack.

    Melee Spell Attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Force Damage: (1d8+2)[10]
    Spiritual Weapon Duration: 1 minute (9 more rounds)

    AC: 18
    HP: 17/24
    1st Lvl Spells: 4/4
    2nd Lvl Spells: 1/2
    Last edited by astragalos; 2019-04-16 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Displaying an almost single-minded focus, Akshav utters a curse of admonishment against the lizardfolk who challenged her, and then sends another blast of eldritch energy across the room at his chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus: Hex (Strength Ability Checks)
    Move: None
    Attack: Eldritch Blast ((1d20+4)[5], (1d10+2)[4]+(1d6)[2]
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Sigrid can't hide a chuckle at Ostran's worried words. It's easy to relate to the poor man. She calls through the door, "As soon as they're gone, you'll be out and free, I promise." For the moment though, the dwarfen wizard turns back to the tavern proper. The fight is now in full swing.

    Jumping back through the flap door, Sig is just in time to see a goblin woman withdrawing, her shoulder bloodied by a lizard spear. Without a word, the Kundarak wizard follows her, taking a spot at the barside between the stranger and the menacing lizard. She raises an eyebrow at the shadowy kama arising: she's evidently not the only magic worker here. A brief arcane chant of her own brings a circle of gently glowing runes up around Sigrid's hand. With a twirl of the wrist, and a few harsh syllables of her native tongue, the dwarfen mage sends three bolts of bright energy spinning out across the tavern before turning to Shahaar. "I'll stay here. This way they can't flank us, right?"

    Idiotic, having to point that out. Who says something like that in the middle of a bar fight? Sigrid blushes, coughing in an attempt to excuse herself "Sorry. I'm not used to... this."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving to O6, aiming to cover Shahaar's escape and make sure the Lizard can't close to melee with her again. Casting Magic Missile; first one targeting the Thug that's meleeing Tuulo, second targeting Kashruk and third on the thug that was targeting Shahaar.
    (1d4+1)[5] Tuulo's Thug
    (1d4+1)[4] Kashruk
    (1d4+1)[2] Shahaar's Thug

    Reminder: Sigrid has multiple reaction options to boost her AC. She's likely to stick to Arcane Deflection, boosting her AC to 17 against the first attack of the round. If it looks like a bunch of foes are targeting her, she'll switch up to casting Shield for AC 20 for a round.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-04-16 at 03:58 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Vash stands, pressing her flute to her lips. She blows, playing a discordant, uncomfortable trill, the melody laced with magic and focused on the lizardfolk leader.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Breaking stealth and casting Dissonant Whispers on Kashruk. DC 13 Wis save, (3d6)[11] psychic damage and must use reaction to flee on a failed save, half damage on a success.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Tuulo's swing connects hard with the lizardfolk, Akshav's magic once again fails to connect, and one of the magical bolts from Sigrid zips in to kill the brute, a smoldering wound in his neck marking the arcane energy which felled him. The brute collapses to the floor almost silently, clawed hand attempting to swipe futilely at Tuulo as he expires.

    Closer to the front of the room, the shadowy sickle summoned by Shahaar delivers a devastating slash to the thug who was previously threatening the Goblin, almost forcing him to the ground. The strike leaves him open to the homing bolt from Sigrid. In the face of such overwhelming arcane force, the thug decides to cover his losses and turns to run for the door.

    The leader snarls at the sudden shift in the battle's tide, and shakes off the haunting unease that seems to emanate from Vash, despite being interrupted for a moment. Disregarding Tuulo's passive stance, he charges headlong at the half-elf responsible, drawing a curved sword from a scabbard as he roars loudly. One swing from the sword ends up grazing the piano and chipping off the top corner of wood, but the fist closed around the pistol swings down to strike Vash successfully. The remaining thug moves around the piano to flank Vash to follow up with his leader's attack. The thug relies on fang and claw, having rid himself of his weapon before, and one bite manages to draw blood despite Vash's armor.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    • Tuulo and Sigrid's attacks kill the Blackscale Thug (M10)
    • Shahaar's Spiritual Weapon deals 13 damage, Sigrid's Magic Missile deals 2 damage to Blackscale Thug (K6)
    • Sigrid's Magic Missile deals 4 damage to Kashruk
    • Kashruk makes his wisdom save (18) and takes 5 damage from Vash's Dissonant Whispers
    • Kashruk moves to K7; triggering an AoO from Tuulo, and attacks Vash twice; hitting once for 4 damage
    • Blackscale Thug(J12) moves to I8 and attacks Vash twice; hitting once for 6 damage
    • Blackscale Thug(K6) moves to G3 and takes the Dodge action

    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-04-17 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    "Stand and fight wherever you want," Shahaar responds to the dwarven spellcaster beside her, keeping her eyes focused on the fight while she speaks, but speaking in a tone of grudging respect despite her impatience with the conversation. Her battle frenzy is up and she wants to complete her vengeance against the lizard who stabbed her, but she sees that the two remaining lizards have ganged up on the half-elf Vash and recognizes that Kashruk is the biggest threat. The hovering kama, now appearing to drip blood even though it didn't actually cut its previous target, strikes at the back of the lizard leader's head. Simultaneously, a burst of black fire emits from Shahaar's hand and streaks towards Kashruk. {"Shadow, smite him!"} she prays.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    As bonus action, move spiritual weapon to K6, attack Kashruk. Cast guiding bolt at Kashruk.

    Spiritual Weapon Attack: (1d20+5)[9]
    Force Damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    Duration: 8 more rounds

    Guiding Bolt Attack: (1d20+5)[22]
    Radiant Damage: (4d6)[11]

    AC: 18
    HP: 17/24
    1st Lvl Spells: 3/4
    2nd Lvl Spells: 1/2
    Last edited by astragalos; 2019-04-17 at 02:01 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    From her position behind the bar, Akshav sees the lizardfolk who spit on her fall to the others who have taken up the fight, and feels a sense of gratitude and relief at their success. She turns her attention on the Blackscale thug attempting to flee, and sends a blast of Eldritch energy in his direction.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonus: Move Hex to fleeing Lizardfolk (G3)
    Move: Draw Club
    Attack: Eldritch Blast (1d20+4)[23], (1d10+2)[3]+(1d6)[4] vs. Blackscale Thug in G3
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    "Fair enough!"

    Sigrid grins as her new friend(?) turns her attention to the leader of the brigands, though that expression fades as she surveys the battlefield more closely. The strike to the piano top makes Sigrid wince alone. The remaining lizards ganging up on that half elven woman really couldn't be allowed anyway, they've as good as lost the fight already. Let's finish this quickly before anything else gets broken. With a deep breath, the dwarfen mage starts to draw magic into herself, focusing on memories of rainy days from long ago. While performing this mental exercise she starts running forward, vaulting onto the stage and plucking a dagger from her belt.

    "Surrender!"

    The first word will not be enough. The rolling lightning coursing across the stage might help. Sigrid's voice rings out like thunder. "... Or be destroyed!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus: Casting Dragon's Breath: Lightning
    Moving to L7
    Using Dragon's Breath: Kashruk and the Blackscale Thug have to pass a DC 13 reflex save or take (3d6)[10] lightning damage. (half if they make the save)

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Tuulo gives a thin smile of satisfaction when the lizardfolk falls under the combination of his own blow and the dwarf's magical attack. That done, he turns and sees the one black scale making a break for the exit. Judging the other combatants able to deal with the largest of the lizardfolk and his one remaining ally, he channels the power of his spirit into his legs and moves across the battle-chaos of the tavern far faster than someone his size has any right to. In a moment, he is behind the fleeing lizardfolk with his staff coming in for a strike.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action + Bonus Action- Step of the Wind = 80 feet. Moving N11->M12->G12->G4.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    If Crit: (1d8)[8]

    Attack of Opportunity on the first black scale to trigger it.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    If Crit: (1d8)[2]

    HP: 12/24
    Ki Points: 1/3

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    "I've gotten worse injuries from rusty nails," Vash states, "You'll have to do better than that!" Despite her bold words, she's bleeding onto the stage from where the lizardfolks' weapons cut her. She hums a few bars to heal herself and stabs at Kashruk with her rapier.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show

    Bonus action Healing Word self: (1d4+3)[5].
    Attack Kashruk (1d20+5)[12] to hit. Possibly with advantage from Guiding Bolt (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d8+3)[6] damage.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    As the amount of spells and magics seem to increase, the leader and his cronies start to lose their discipline as they slowly realize how determined you are at stopping them from leaving the tavern alive. Though the hulking leader is missed entirely by Shahaar's shadowy summoned weapon, the bolt of radiant energy momentarily blinds him. Despite this, Sigrid's thunderous spell and Vash's expertly swung rapier don't seem to phase Kashruk much, the latter being parried awkwardly with his sword while the former hits the thug behind Vash much harder.

    Near the front, Akshav's magical bolt manages to severely maim the retreating lizardfolk, despite the bartender and a waiter grumpily shouting at her to watch where she's aiming (having needed to aim past two warm, non-hostile bodies to hit the reptilian in the first place). Tuulo's charge unfortunately doesn't quite connect the way he wants it to, but a follow up smash to the knee of the thug as he attempts to flee in panic brings him to the ground with a pained howl. A few remaining embers of Akshav's magic burn his fading life-force away, and he too is no longer a threat.

    Realizing they are now cornered, and that the resisting group has no intention of letting them leave alive or flee, the two remaining lizards whip themselves into a frenzy, lashing out at those closest to them. The leader's jagged, curved sword swings twice at Sigrid. One strike connects into a harsh blow despite the arcane defenses and wards Sigrid has cast around her, but the backswing for the followup is interfered with by the shadowy kama flanking him, causing the swing to go wide. The thug by Vash continues to bite and claw with the ferocity of a cornered animal, this time powerful claws reopening wounds freshly closed by Vash's magic.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    • Shahaar's Spiritual Weapon misses; Guiding Bolt hits for 10 damage
    • Kashruk makes his save (25) against Sigrid's Dragon Breath and takes 5 damage, the Thug does not and takes 10 damage
    • Akshav's Eldritch Blast hits (despite disadvantage AND half-cover ) for 7 damage
    • Tuulo's attack misses, but the AoO kills the thug
    • Vash (despite advantage ) misses her attack on Kashruk
    • Kashruk attacks Sigrid twice; hitting once (Arcane Deflection won't help) for 9 damage; this provokes a DC 10 concentration check to maintain Dragon Breath
    • Thug attacks Vash twice; hitting once for 5 damage

    Last edited by WhismurWanders; Yesterday at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Kashruk's strike hits squarely past Sigrid's ward, striking her near the gut. The Q'barran clearly knows what he's doing when it comes to swordplay. The dwarfen mage almost falls to her knees at the pain, as blood starts to seep into her ruffled shirt. Still, looking up at the Lizardman, Sigrid's eyes gleem with defiance. "You... think that's enough to kill a Kundarak?"

    With a less-than-elegent grunt, she's on her feet again, and calls out at the top of her lungs. "Guess again!" Once more lightning crackles from her mouth, buzzing around Kashruk and his remaining subordinate. Wizard or no, a Kundarak dwarf doesn't fall easily.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reprise! (3d6)[5] Lightning damage, half with a DC12 dex save.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Shahaar cautiously moves up onto the stage as well, positioning herself behind the cajón drum. She fires another blast of magical energy at Kashruk's head, and the otherworldly kama aims itself at his throat. Keeper take your souls, she thinks, sensing victory within grasp.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Actions: Move to N11, cast another guiding bolt, attack with spiritual weapon again.

    I just realized that I thought Shahaar had a 16 Wisdom, but she actually only has a 15, so her modifier for spell attacks should actually be +4 and her Spiritual Weapon damage modifier should be +2. Sorry.

    Spiritual Weapon Attack: (1d20+4)[24]
    Force Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    Duration: 7 more rounds

    Guiding Bolt Attack: (1d20+4)[21]
    Radiant Damage: (4d6)[18]

    AC: 18
    HP: 17/24
    1st Lvl Spells: 3/4
    2nd Lvl Spells: 1/2
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    As the lizardfolk falls under the weight of his strike, Tuulo reaches out and grabs the falling body for just a moment, a single claw'd finger piercing it's scales and tapping into the life energy within. Taking hold of that rapidly-fading energy, he pulls some small part of it into his own self, bolstering his body.

    That done, Tuulo turns examines the other part of the fight going on, just in time to see the final blast of energy from Shahaar slam into Kashruk at the same time as the floating shadow-blade cuts deep into him, dropping him and leaving only one of the intruding lizardfolk left.

    "Please put down your weapon, there is no need for more death than there already has been." Tuulo moves forward a few steps, doing his best to occupy the space the lizardfolk will have to pass through if he makes a break for it. His staff is held loosely in one hand, but if the lizardfolk tries to move past him, he will strike.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20)[17]

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Smirking at the response from the wait staff, Akshav turns her focus on the last remaining Blackscale. Sensing victory within their grasp, she transfers her curse to him, and sends a bolt of eldritch energy across the room toward him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus: Transfer Hex to Blackscale Thug in I8
    Move: None
    Attack: Eldritch Blast (1d20+4)[5], (1d10+2)[7]+(1d6)[1] vs. Blackscale Thug in I8.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Indeed, Tuulo's senses are corret: the magical overload between Shahaar's and Sigrid's divine and arcane blasts threaten to tear the largest of the lizardfolk apart. He concentrates for a moment, his body vibrating as he struggles to maintain himself, eyes pouring out hatred towards the goblin and defiant dwarf. He roars at a seemingly impossible volume as shadows begin to coalesce around his form and pull him back together as quickly as the other spells seem to tear him apart. "I AM KASHRUK OF THE BLACKSCALE TRIBE! I AM A SERVANT AND DISCIPLE OF RHASHAAK, AND A GUARDIAN OF Q'BARRAN SECRETS! IF I WILL NOT BE AVENGED IN THIS LIFE, I WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOULS IN THE NEXT! I - I - I...!" His monologue breaks off as something seems to snatch away his consciousness, and the combined magical energies burn out through his eyes in an intense flash of light. As everyone's vision returns to normal, the lumbering bulk of Kashruk slumps to the floor, empty eye sockets and nostrils still smoking. The entire tavern goes silent for a moment, the sounds of glass shards falling and people whispering in awe fill the void of sound. The bartender pops his head up from behind the counter, notices the adventurers have the last lizardfolk pinned, and yells "And stay out!" with a suprising amount of bravado.

    Akshav's magical attack flies wide and scorches the wood of one of the booths, and Tuulo's appearance by the last thug is enough to force him to surrender. He holds his hands up and kneels silently, apparently not fluent in Common to verbally surrender, but still able to recognize a lost battle. Whatever loyalties the lizardfolk has, apparently they aren't as highly valued as his own life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you guys want to kill him/knock him unconscious, we can end combat here.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    With the violence resolved, Akshav, steps out from behind the bar, removing the hempen rope from her backpack. "This one's value is the information he holds," she says, stepping toward the Blackscale. "Help me bind his arms and legs; we can question him," she pauses, looking around the room and thinking of her preferred questioning technique. "Privately. It may get a little... messy." As she begins tying up the prisoner, she whispers to him in Draconic, "<You seem to value your life. If you want to keep it, you will answer honestly and without concealing a single detail.>"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dexterity for binding: (1d20+2)[4]
    Intimidate: (1d20+2)[21]
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Shahaar savors the rush of victory--the adrenaline pumping in her veins that is the gift of the Fury, the cold satisfaction of outwitting her enemies that is the presence of the Mockery. As the adrenaline begins to wear off, however, she winces from the wound in her shoulder. She places a hand over the wound, and the magic of the Shadow begins to staunch the flow of blood. "Anyone else need healing?" she asks the other combatants, looking at the Vash and the dwarf in particular. She doesn't do charity, but they have just fought together and won, so she is feeling solidaristic.

    Once wounds have been tended to, she looks over at Akshav's attempts to tie up the prisoner. "That looks a little loose, do you need any help?" She is curious to ask Akshav about the Blackscale tribe and the mysterious "Rhashaak," but not in front of the prisoner.

    After the prisoner is securely bound, she leaves interrogation to Akshav, since the Q'barran native is best qualified both culturally and linguistically to communicate with the prisoner...and seems to have things well under control. She instead stoops down to examine the pistol still clutched in Kashruk's claws and to check if there is anything else of value on his body. She checks the other Blackscale corpses, too, though they seem less well equipped than their leader.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    1. Cure Wounds for herself: (1d8+2)[8]
    HP: 24/24

    For anyone else who wants it:

    (1d8+2)[7]
    (2d8+2)[13]

    2. Help Akshav with tying up the prisoner, if that's something that two people can work together on.

    3. Loot the bodies.
    Last edited by astragalos; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Player
    • Shahaar, Droaamite goblin cleric of the Dark Six in "The Mysteries of Q'barra"
    • Luka Zagramar, Talentan halfling monk in "The Last Order"
    • Thyia the Mainad, "druid" of Dionysos in "Bronze Blades and Olive Glades"
    • Mantika Thraissa, cleric of Olidammara in "Slaves of Emor"
    DM

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    The combined efforts of Akshav and Shahaar are enough to bind the lizardfolk, at least for the moment. Although the lizardfolk doesn't struggle or resist, the knots are only adequately tied; there's no guarantee that he couldn't break free with considerable effort. Nonetheless, the thug coldly answers Akshav's initial threat, <"There is little to tell that you do not know. A Cold Sun follower does not appreciate the Blackscales and our divine position. To make us appear as fools, he would promise treasures from our temples to outsiders, likely in exchange for driving us off. We know he spoke to the Coppernail.">

    Shahaar's examination of Kashruk and the other lizardfolk turns up with little. The other thugs carry only the tattered hides they wore as clothing, the small spears they used as weapons, and odd collections of tiny bones, rocks, and a few baubles made from glass beads. Kashruk himself was wearing slightly better leathers, but not enough to call armor. A golden armband in the shape of a snake coils around his left arm, and is probably worth quite a bit as an art piece, or jewelry. His sword is made from metal, but the blade is crooked and jagged, as if repeatedly broken and improperly repaired. The pistol he was holding is still warm to the touch, but has a suprisingly familiar appearance; a standard handheld gun that the rich often carry in self-defense. Certainly out of place and mismatched with the primitive weapons his companions were carrying. A small pouch holds what are likely personal belongings; a handful of bullets, some coins seen used by civilized Q'Barrans, and a few totems made of feathers and glass beads. The feathers are all black as night, and a small white rune has been painted on the ends of each one, but Shahaar doesn't recognize them from any language she knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Tuulo lets out a heavy breath he didn't fully realize he was holding once the final lizardfolk is secure. Looking around, it seems that the rest of the group had the room under control, so he instead moves to the front door and looks for any sign of the door guards. He'd noticed their disappearence just before everything had gotten bloody and didn't want to potentially leave someone to die when he could have helped them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check?- (1d20+3)[16]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Sigrid raises a hand to Shahaar, her breath a little short. "Please." After the healing spell is cast, the dwarf bows her head. "Thank you. You're not someone to trifle with in a fight." Sig winces, looking down at her torn and blood spattered shirt. A wave of her hand is enough to conjure the blood away at least, thank the Host. Danger done with for the moment, the Kundarak mage returns to the kitchen door: waving the seal upon it away with a brush of her hand.

    "You can come out now, Mr. Coppernail. The fighting's over."

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    esorscher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA

    Default Re: The Mysteries of Q'barra [5e Eberron] [IC]

    Seeing the others looting the bodies, Akshav takes note of what they produce, and continues questioning the prisoner. "<How did you know where we would be meeting? And how did you acquire the firearm?>"
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

    "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •