New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default So what games of 2019 are you looking forward to?

Title pretty much says it all. What new games coming out in 2019 are you looking forward to? DLC can count to. For me it's Indivisible, Shantae 5, King of Cards DLC for Shovel Knight, and the DLC for Cuphead. Hopefully none of these get delayed until 2020. Indivisible's been delayed a lot and King of Cards was supposed to come out the 9th of April so we'll see.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: So what games of 2019 are you looking forward to?

Sekiro, definitely. Probably won't get around to it till at least next year, though; I still haven't started Dark Souls 3.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Mechwarrior 5 and Borderlands 3 both come out in September. Gonna be a busy month for me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say I'm looking forward to Borderlands 3, but probably not in 2019, likely won't actually buy it until 2020 when it hit Steam, and even then probably not until a sale (don't play anything enough to justify full price)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    What new games coming out in 2019 are you looking forward to?
    Don't know. Ask me in 4 years

More useful answer:

Life is Strange 2 will get finished this year, right? That definitely counts.

I'm always very exited about Warhammer: Total War 2 DLCs. One is coming just next week but there is more in store this year

Knight of the Chalice 2 should be released this year, a game which I very much look forward to.

6. - Top - End - #6

Imperator which is a couple of weeks away, Mechwarrior 5, Borderlands 3, and Outer Worlds for me. Looks like the end of the year is going to be piled up with games to play heh.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

If you'd asked earlier in the year, Devil May Cry 5 would have been right at the top of the list, but that's been out for a month now, and is awesome.

For games that are still upcoming, the biggest two are Persona Q2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Love those series, especially Persona. Speaking of, possibly also Persona 5: The Royal - still need details about what exactly that adds, but I might well grab it, especially if the rumors/speculation that it'll add an alternate female main character like Persona 3 Portable did turn out to be true.

On that same note, Smash Ultimate DLC. Definitely Joker as the first, who should be coming soon, I will play the hell out of him, and I'm at least looking forward to learning who the others are, though whether I buy them will depend on who they are and whether they look sufficiently fun to play. Also hopefully BlazBlue Cross Tag DLC - the next wave of that doesn't have anyone I'm interested in, but it's strongly implied more will be coming, so I'm hoping to see my favorite Persona characters who aren't already playable added, particularly Rise. And possibly also more RWBY characters, though that may be a long shot hope.

Besides those, I'm actually thinking of picking up Samurai Shodown. It's not exactly what is usually my favorite type of fighting game, but it looks interesting enough that I think it may be worth giving a try. And possibly/probably Astral Chain, that new Platinum Games title. I really want to see more of that before deciding for sure, but I'm pretty willing to trust Platinum when it comes to action games, so I'll most likely be getting that.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Considering the trailer for it came out just today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaCy-qCR1UY

I don't usually feel this level of hype for games these days... but this is exactly the game I've been wanting for about a decade. Let's just hope EA doesn't mess with it, and Respawn can pull it off.
    I realized immediately after logging in for the first time that I should have called my account 'Dire Lemming.' Oh well.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Got my copy of Super Dragonball Heroes World Mission Hero Edition a few days earlier then expected. having fun with it for now, but still VERY early in the game so I can't comment on difficulty.

Game I'm currently waiting with baited breath for? Mario Maker 2. I never got to play the first, but I love watching it and the crazy levels people make.

One they send out the backer codes Indivisible will be played quite a bit. Only project I ever backed and it was 100% due to the Skullgirls-fostered goodwill.

I would say Borderlands 3, but the Epic Store exclusive thing deflated my excitement, and i own multiple copies of the game. Just because as a person I understand why the developer would do so doesn't mean as a gamer I like that choice. Might pick it up later on steam.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm currently hoping that Darkest Dungeon 2 hits Early Access by the end of the year. From what little I know it sounds like they've correctly identified what was weak in the first game (the estate and the grind) and are experimenting with new mechanics there while keeping what worked (the combat and the atmosphere).

They've done a pretty consistent job of improving the game with each DLC, and part of the problem the original game wound up with was that some of the newer mechanics weren't able to be fully implemented. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Unless Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't come this year, then only the Hearthstone expansions.
    Was looking forward to Phoenix Point, but after their d**k move to the Epig (pun intended) Game Store, I'll gladly wait for the steam release + 75% price reduction. There's always Longwar to play, anyway.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Fire Emblem: Highschool edition 3 Houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently (just checked my wishlist), Godhood, a new title by the peeps that made Renowned Explorers. I already got OOTP 20.

Obviously Bannerlord, but if that's coming out in 2019 I'm going to start a business selling ice skating equipment in Hell.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I was going to say Borderlands 3, Phoenix Point and the Outer Worlds, but they're all gonna be 2020 games for me at least. Other than those, probably Age of Wonders: Planetfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Apparently (just checked my wishlist), Godhood, a new title by the peeps that made Renowned Explorers.
    Thanks, I didn't know this existed and I really liked Renowned Explorers. I'll add it to the List.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Phoenix Point. By far most hype.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've resolved not to buy any games this year because I'm trying to save money, but I might just put Spelunky 2 on my birthday wish list if it arrives in time. Absolutely love the first one, even though I'm terrible at it and still haven't beaten it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokemon Sword/Shield, the Smash DLCs and maybe the FF X/X2 and XII remakes/ports for Switch.

Are Rune Factory 4* and 5 coming out this year?
    Definitely looking forward to those.

*remake
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground

Silksong is the only thing I can think of, but that's enough hype for a year all by itself. Even though I never beat the Radiance yet.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Silksong is the only thing I can think of, but that's enough hype for a year all by itself. Even though I never beat the Radiance yet.
    Wait, there's a Hollow Knight sequel coming? And you're playing as Best Girl?

HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS!?!?

*cough*

So um..yeah. I'm hyped.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Fire Emblem : Not!Hogwarts, Pokemon Sword/Shield, FFXIV: Shadowbringers, Indivisible and Bloodstained top my list.

I'm also curious about Mechwarrior 5, but given the issues I have playing anything with a first-person camera that might not be doable for me.

I was looking forward to Super Robot Wars T, but that finally arrived a couple weeks ago and it is awesome.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    I've resolved not to buy any games this year because I'm trying to save money, but I might just put Spelunky 2 on my birthday wish list if it arrives in time. Absolutely love the first one, even though I'm terrible at it and still haven't beaten it.
    I'm so pumped for Spelunky 2. I never managed to get past the City of Gold but man you don't even need to be good at the game to enjoy it. I think they're introducing online multiplayer as well so I'm looking forwards to forcing all my friends to play with me.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

I'm looking forward to the Bloodstained game (from the Symphony of the Night guy) this summer, but my not recalling the subtitle shows how out of the loop I am.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

I never preordered a game before, but I jumped on Borderlands 3 as soon as I could. I'm REALLY looking forward to my guns-with-legs and my Titanfall Bear Suits. Practically vibrating by this point.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-04-16 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaRix View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Bloodstained game (from the Symphony of the Night guy) this summer, but my not recalling the subtitle shows how out of the loop I am.
    I believe it's Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Is it confirmed to come this year? If so, it's also an expected one for me.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Total War: Three Kingdoms, without question! The empire, long divided, must unite. The empire, long united, must divide!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-04-16 at 05:04 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Age of Wonders 3 basically perfected medium-complexity fantasy TBS. I'm expecting Planetfall to do the same for medium-complexity sci-fi TBS; which will finally mean I can get my moving dudes to cover and shooting aliens fix in a non-XCOM form. Which sounds great, because there's so many irritating things about XCOM.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

MechWarrior 5
    Wasteland 3
    Necromunda: Underhive Wars
    Cyberpunk 2077

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    I believe it's Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Is it confirmed to come this year? If so, it's also an expected one for me.
    Curse of the Moon was the retro 8-bit style platformer they put out as a sort of prequel. The actual game is subtitled 'Ritual of the Night', I think.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

^This! Thank you, Hunter.
    "Stop talking." - Roy

30. - Top - End - #30

People already mentioned Sekiro and Silksong, but no-one's said Ori 2 yet, and I'm pretty excited for that.

Edit: Also, Halo 3.
    Last edited by MinimanMidget; 2019-04-18 at 12:34 AM.