New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Renton)

Flip

After setting the copter down, Flip sends a quick message back. [Will do, but time is of the essence.] he sends back to dispatch.

[Hey Jupiter, can you help locate the scanner in here somewhere?] Flip asks the copter's control system. Now that he's set the copter down, he begins to frantically search the pilot's compartment, hoping that maybe the scanner got misplaced in there sometime, even though he'd find it hard to believe.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"If that's what you guys think best, I'll go along. I'm not much on tactical."

McDunk will gather up the medkit and the other gear and be ready to go behind Jake.
    I will find the cake no matter what it takes.

Behold the source of my power!

"The devil take this predictable colon!"
    Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth, Futurama

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

9:08
    Condition critical - 4:48:32

[The scanner is in the cockpit. Wags left it there during a visit with a non-employee. I recommend retrieving it with gloves on.]

As the copter continues to descend, Syber gets up and swings his seat aside to reveal a compartment with a shoebox sized thing that looks a lot like folded up metal tubes. He pulls the thing out, smacks the seat back into position and tosses the thing to McDunk without comment, then grabs his gun and hauls the door open with one hand. "Cover fire. Sure thing."

The only place something like that scanner could possibly hide for this long, would have to be under the seat. Nothing else would be left untouched like that. Flip sticks his hand under there, and sure enough, there's the scanner, along with a wrapper from an Ener-G soy protein bar, a straw, and a fake gold hoop earring.

The gunfire continues, though no one seems to be interested in shooting at the helicopter. The group in the southeast corner backs a meter or so down the street running east/west, keeping their hostages close. They continue shooting at the other two groups. Everyone seems to be hitting vehicles and buildings instead of people, and the majority of the crowd has dispersed at this point.

Darryl:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The client looks to be stable for now, but in poor shape. (if he takes one more box of damage, he'll be into overflow). Nothing else about him is obvious.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Once back viewing the real world, Darryl speaks up, saying, "The client seems to be in critical condition but stable. Seems 'bout one stray bullet from the stairway. I've done put an armor spell on him, but we'all should hurry."

Being his first day on the job, Darryl pauses hopeful he'll get more instruction or at least see someone taking action against one group or the other, so that he can join the fun.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

Flip calls through the glass excitedly, "Damn it Wags! I got the scanner though. I'll pass it to you when you're out."

[Thanks, Jupes. You're a lifesaver!]

Flip opens the cockpit door then he picks up the scanner in one hand and draws one of his pistols in the other. Then he slides around in his seat to more easily pass the needed things out. He doesn't intend to get more than a few paces from the cockpit door unless things go really wrong.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2007-10-23 at 05:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition critical - 4:46:22

[I am not a flotation device, Flip. I am a helicopter.]

Syber jumps out of the copter and starts shooting at the northeast group, going full auto on them. He doesn't seem to be specifically aiming so much as just spraying bullets in their general direction. The result of this is that the group there stops shooting and starts drawing backwards a little bit, moving slowly northward. Flip steps out of the copter, waiting for McDunk to get moving so he can take the scanner from him.

Jacob hops out and shoots a few rounds at the northwest group, which makes them duck down and circle around behind the blue car. As soon as McDunk jumps down to the street, Flip tosses him the scanner, which he can catch without issue, and both McDunk and Jacob start for the client's location. Darryl, uncertain what else to do beyond maintaining his spell, remains inside the copter for the moment.

At this point, the northeast group is no longer shooting, the northwest group is still shooting, but has circled around to use the car as cover from your team, and the southeast group is also still shooting. None of them seem to be interested at shooting your team, though.

McDunk and Jacob could make it to the client by running, but they must pick one direction to go in. There is the gang in the northwest corner, the car directly in front of them is smoking with a hint of flame that can be seen, and there are plenty of bullets flying through the air.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-24 at 06:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Jacob

As Jake runs, keeping by McDunc's side, thoughts whirl in his head.
    Alright, they're not messing with us so far. Now, north or south, north or south. If we go north, Nutterz might think we're charging them, do something stupid. Gotta go south, gotta time it so that mr. band aid doesn't catch any lead.

He tugs on McDunc's uniform to indicate that he is taking the southern route around the car. When he senses that he is in that second of calm when the southern gang has already fired and the northwest one has not yet responded, he yells, "MOVE, NOW!" He will sprint alongside McDunc to the south, seeking to protect the medic with himself and the car, providing cover against any bullets that fly their way. Hopefully they can summon a burst of adrenaline and a little bit of good luck to get through unhurt.
    Last edited by Newbie101; 2007-10-24 at 08:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

Flip calls out to the others over their PAN. [I've got a couple of smoke grenades here. I'm thinking about lobbing them out at the groups that are still shooting. Maybe if they can't see, they'll stop firing for long enough to get the patient pulled out, or maybe they'll turn their fire on us. Tacs, do you think its worth the risk?]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Once Jake reaches the client he will respond quickly, while keeping watch over Dunc.

[Nearby smoke not advised until Dunc deals with patient. Southern group is an acceptable target, if your aim is sure. Also recommend intimidation through magical and other means.]
    Last edited by Newbie101; 2007-10-25 at 02:25 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

After seeing the situation begin to unfold and the initial burst of comm traffic, Darryl takes action. First he extends his magic senses to attempt to protect the team from any spells which might try to affect them. Second, he drops a Stunball(F5) on the southern group.

Yep, give somefin to think 'bout, then I'll follow up with the scare tactics.

He says simply, "Gotcha, aimin' for them there southerners."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition critical - 4:44:01

Jacob waits for a good time to run for it, and finds one when Darryl concentrates for a moment. The entire southeastern group is rocked by something and stops shooting. They release the hostages and start running for it. After that, one the Nutterz (the northwest group, by the cars) flashes a thumbs up in the general direction of the copter. Syber catches and returns it as he continues to lay down suppression fire.

Jacob and McDunk reach the client, who looks like he's been dragged down the road for a bit, and then some. The RFID scan starts picking up the client's chip about halfway across the street or so and returns the following information, which probably doesn't seem all that helpful at the moment:

Contract number: 17S78364H34M2
    Contract type: Gold
    Condition: critical
    Allergy to tree nuts
    Cyberware: internal commlink
    Evac: closest

The medkit, though, once it is used to scan the body, provides a helpful readout indicating all the injuries present: 10 different broken bones (one of them is the skull), cuts and abrasions, concussion. It's hard to tell what the man looks like, as his face is covered in blood, partly scraped away, and has a couple of shards of glass embedded in it.

[Incoming Message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Jupiter to Transport]

[That metal thing is the stretcher. Twist on both sides at once, in opposite directions] Jacob and McDunk both get this on their commlinks, from Syber.

The cars provide absolutely no cover from the group in the northeast corner of the intersection, but between Syber and the Nutterz, they seem to have that group pinned down and Jacob and McDunk are not under fire at the moment, though bullets are whizzing all around.

The wail of sirens starts up not too far away, but it's hard to tell which direction they are coming from.

Darryl takes one box of Stun from spell drain.

McDunk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume McDunk is familiar with a standard medkit, which is what this one is. You are free to indicate whatever sort of efforts your character makes in an RP fashion, from dumping powders on wounds, to spraying on synthetic skin, to injecting stuff with needles or hypo-injectors or whatever. He is healing up 3 boxes of damage, which takes 9 seconds. The client was one box shy of going into overflow, and doesn't wake up under treatment.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-26 at 10:39 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Ugh. 10 minutes into my first day and I'm already getting tired. It is really going to be a long day

Darryl smiles when the group he Stunball'd stop and flee. He steadies himself and drop the armor spell on the client so that the team can perform their medical procedures without hinderence. He then chooses one of the remaining shooters in the northeast corner, the one with the flashiest outfit, and suggests that he should go home.

Spoiler
    Show

Dropped Armor spell.
    Influence(F3) + fetish for drain.

Darryl mutters again, "Joshua 22, verse 6 ...sent them away, and they went to their homes..."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-26 at 12:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Jacob

[Acknowledged.] Jake attempts to unfold the stretcher and then focuses on keeping his Alpha aimed on the northeastern group, positioning himself between them and McDunc. His face has a 'don't mess with us' look and he is ready to shoot at the first indication of hostile action towards them. He speaks to his side, loud enough for McDunc to hear over the gunfire, "Let me and the others know when we're ready to head back." If McDunc requests any sort of assistance, Jake will help out as he can.
    Last edited by Newbie101; 2007-10-26 at 01:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"Allergic to tree nuts. Well, I'm glad I know that," says McDunk sarcastically. "That gives me everything I need to know to save this guy's life." He pulls a syringe out of the kit and fits it with a vial of some kind of green liquid, then plunges it into the client's neck. "That'll hold him until I can get that skin spray back in the copter."

Jacob's efforts with the stretcher take his attention away from looking gruff and surly, but really don't change the expression all that much, as it seems to be uncooperative. Right up until it springs out into a full sized stretcher, whacking him in the knee as it does so.

Between Syber and the Nutterz, the northeast group seems to be completely pinned down and isn't even firing back anymore. One of them actually gets up and starts running northwards up the street.

A Lone Star cruiser comes racing up from the east and screeches to a halt not far from the group that was in the southeast corner where they are backing off. Looks like there's going to be some sort of standoff there between that gang and the cops.

Between Jacob and McDunk, the client can be half lifted, half rolled onto the stretcher without causing him additional harm. As soon as that is done, they get the stretcher back to the copter.[We're taking him to the nearest place, Flip.]

[Incoming message from Lone Star Patrol Unit]

[Unit 4A13G: request situation report]

Syber, his services no longer needed, climbs back into the copter and helps get the client in and onto the patient bed, then he straps himself back in. "Easy as pie."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-27 at 08:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Darryl tries to remain ready and alert for danger to the crew and copter until the copter is well off the ground and moving away.

Darryl watches the scene through the floor as it shrinks into the distance. Once buildings block his view, only then does Darryl sit back down and relax.

Oiy

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

As the others move back toward the copter, Flip jumps back in retaking his seat. When the others are in place, he takes off heading toward the nearest hospital, all the while talking to LoneStar. [Here's what happened. We came on site finding a crash scene with one body that looks like it was thrown out in the middle of it all. People were crowded all over the place. As soon as we landed, a fight broke out as 3 of the groups of onlookers started firing at each other. Typical street gang sorta stuff. The medtech made his to the patient with a little back-up and we made the extraction. That's about the time you all showed up.]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Look watchs while they treat the victim. He almost decides to offer help, but his skills are obviously far behind that of the other medics. Darryl then asks, "So, what we'all think? Is I am supposed to use my magic to help the heal'n processor or is I just here for tactical magical support?"

Darryl's already got a bit of a headache, so he'd prefer to stay out of the healing business for now.

OOC Stun Question :
    Spoiler
    Show

How long to heal stun now-a-days? Is it likely to be hours, days, or minutes? Obviously I won't know until its healed, but I'd like to have an idea so I know how hard I can push myself. What's my past experience with stun?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Syber shakes his head. "Nope. Ain't your job, Darryl."

The copter lifts off and starts going east to the closest place, the Renton Community Hospital. They have a helipad there, Flip just needs to call ahead to make sure it's not in use and let them know you're inbound.

McDunk just shakes his head at Darryl. "It's okay anyway. He's stable. Pretty messed up, but stable." Then McDunk looks at Darryl. "You okay? I'm pretty sure some of those packets are for killing mage headaches."

[Incoming message from Lone Star Patrol Unit]
    [Unit 4A13G: message received. tag your client with our unit number, please. RCH?]

Rather than wait for Darryl to say anything, McDunk takes a penlight and crouches next to Darryl, checking his pupils. He lifts an eyebrow at whatever he sees and moves to rummage in a bin. he pulls out a bottle, checks the label and pops it open. "Here," he offers a small pill to Darryl, "swallow this. Won't cause a problem for your magic, just take the edge off."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stun heals with a Body + Willpower extended test at 1 hour intervals that requires rest. It can also conveniently be healed with First Aid. In this case, the offered pill is the RP of healing one box of stun.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-31 at 03:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

Flip replies to Lonestar. [No problem.] then relays the message back to the others. "Lonestar wants the patient tagged with a Unit 4A13G label."

Jupiter, let's call ahead to Renton Community. As soon as the communication line is opened, Flip says. [We've got one ready to come in. Is the pad available?] All the while, he expertly moves the copter toward the hospital.

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't understand the whole message, but I believe Flip would have, since he's been at this for awhile. What does RCH stand for?
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2007-10-31 at 06:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Darryl takes the little pill, checks out the markings stamped on it and pops it down the hatch. After forcing it down, he adds, "Much obliged."

During the flight, the combination of a headache and flight, keeps Darryl on edge and tightly gripping the safety lines. As the copter approachs RCH and the pill finally kicks in, he mutters under, "Yeet, that did it."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

9:11

[Incoming message from Renton Community Hospital Emergency Services Desk]
    [You are clear to land, DocWagon. We'll have someone waiting.]

The hospital is a tall building with a flat roof, which is where the helipad is. Or rather, it's where the helipads are. There is a small copter sitting in one large yellow circle that looks like it is a regular passenger chopper. There are two other circles, and there are three people standing by what must be the entrance into the building. They have a rolling hospital bed with them and start running up to the copter as it becomes clear which circle Flip chose.

Syber looks at Jacob and points to the door. "Open the door, Jake. Get inta the habit of opening it before we actually touch down. not too much before, just a little." He grins. "Do it just right. Should be open all the way when we touch, but not much before that."

The three people are already at the copter by the time the door is fully open, and they take the patient away with a minimal amount of fuss. On request, McDunk transmits the contract number to them and the whole process of client transfer is completed in about a minute and a half.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Jupiter to on call]

Syber sits back as the copter door is closed again. "Dat was a good pickup. Nice of God or whatever to give us an easy one for you kids ta get yer feet wet, yeah? We don't get too many milk runs like that. Mostly our clients are in crap situations. Get rich folks mostly on the easy ones. What did you guys do for your last jobs?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-11-01 at 07:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Jacob

Inside the chopper, Jake reloads his gun, and removes his helmet, glancing back at the scene of the accident as they lift off. He nods at Syber and Darryl, "Thanks for the support back there." Could have been a lot worse if they decided to send some lead our way.

If no one else tags the client, as per Lone Star's request, Jake will.

He sits silently during the flight to the hospital, mentally going over the recent extraction until Syber speaks to him again. "Got it," he says as he opens the door, a bit earlier than necessary. He closes it once the client is out of the helicopter. "I'm sure I'll get the timing down after a few more landings. My last job? Lone Star Swat. You?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

"Not too bad for the first time, eh boys? No real snags except that missing scanner. I could kill Wags for that. I heard she's been bringing up a "friend" to "visit" the copter, she must have moved it out of their way. I'll have to give her some **** about it, I think the damn things been missing for quite awhile," Flip says as he works the controls to return to his standard circle pattern.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"I been doing this for a little while now, but before this, I worked for Ares CorpSec. Low rung on the totem pole there, but still a rung, ya know?" Syber grunts a little and turns to checking his gun. He empties the current clip and counts the bullets, which all fit in his large chrome hand. "Damn, that was a big ol' blast, yeah?" He starts loading them back in the clip.

McDunk lifts both eyebrows. "Wow. Ares? Huh." He smirks. "I've been a doctor in just about every hospital or clinic that's shut down in the past couple of years. Mostly emergency room work. Hard to get a better position when you always seem to end up in a place just at the wrong time. Seems pretty unlikely DocWagon will go under or restructure the Seattle division closed, though, so I guess my luck's changed some."

For those who tagged articles for later perusal:

Mayan Cutter strikes again, Lone Star still baffled:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gist of the article is that there was another victim found this morning in Auburn. The victims have all been orks, and there is a general suspicion that Lone Star officers may actually be responsible for these deaths. The "Mayan Cutter" is officially designated as a serial killer, believed to be responsible for as many as 8 deaths. Lone Star has not released any information suggesting that there are any leads in the case, just a broad denial that any members of the organization might be involved.

Simsense Star Kirk West caught with his pants down:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kirk West is an action Simsense star who is novahot right now with his latest release, "Thicker Than Water", which has a plot thinner than gauze. He was captured on video having sex with some unidentified woman who is definitely not his wife. West's agent has claimed the video is a fraud, and that his face was superimposed over someone else's, but a female witness claims it's real. "I saw him push her up against the car and unzip his fly, and, um, you know, from behind, and uh, all I could think was, 'Oh my god! That's Kirk West!'" The actor has had allegations of infidelity made against him before, all of which he has denied and none of which have been solidly proven.

Knight Errant bid to push Lone Star out of Seattle gaining traction:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knight Errant is apparently using the Mayan Cutter issue as yet another reason that Lone Star deserves to be replaced in the contract to provide law enforcement in Seattle. This comes after an anonymous source last month leaked internal reports containing citizen complaints about Lone Star officer behavior. The complaints included allegations of rape and excessive use of force. The Governor is quoted as saying "As I have indicated previously, we are always open to the possibility of changing our contractor for this important public service. I would say that the arguments presented by Knight Errant officials are persuasive, but a decision will not be made until the budget is finalized at the end of March."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Apparently I'm the spring chicken.

Darryl grumbles, smiles and says, "Yeet, this heres my vury first job. Exceptin selling cookies at the church bakesale."

Of course, it I hadn't been sick so much, I might have gone to college or at least got learned a good skill. Well, no sense turning yur nose up at god's gifts(no matter how big your nose is).

Once the client is gone, Darryl relaxes a little and prepares himself mentally for the flight. To distract himself a bit, he checks astral to make sure his angel is still waiting around.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-05 at 08:38 AM. Reason: hehe angel = angle

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems to be a slow night for Lone Star tonight. Aside from the accident you all experienced first hand, the majority of the chatter in the feeds is about checking in on the way to or from coffee breaks and meal breaks, or just routine checking in during a patrol. There are traffic stops and a couple of the units seem to be bored, as they are reporting in jaywalkers and similar sorts of non-crime crimes.

This is what the feeds generally look like:
    [Unit 3R74G: 021]
    [Unit 1R13G: we've got a 402 at Browder and Mills]
    [LSDispatch: unit 1R13G proceed]
    [Unit 2R02G: unit 3R11G has a 511 and is returning to base]
    [Unit 3R18G: sure they do lol call his wife to make sure]
    [LSDispatch: cut the chatter]
    [Unit 1R23G: reporting 013 and 107 at Irvine and Milton in pursuit request backup]

10:34pm

[Incoming Message from Dispatch]

[Status change: Jupiter to Retrieval]

Condition serious - 10:00
    The orange dot appears on the map about 3 km away, on Irvine Street.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Darryl

Darryl shifts uncomfortably in his seat when the dispatch comes in so soon after that last police report.

Hmmm 013 and 107... Lets see that 120.

Darryl mutters the lord's pray under his breath, tightens his grip on his bible and says, "Here we'all be goin' g'yen."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-07 at 06:27 PM. Reason: forgot the accent again

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Flip

Flip immediately adjusts his course toward Irvine and Milton. "Well this shouldn't be too bad. Judging by the chatter, we've probably got a Lone Star man down with the shooter already on the run. Hopefully that'll mean a nice easy pick up. In this job you never expect it to be too easy though, the pick ups that seem easiest are often the worst."
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2007-11-06 at 01:37 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[LSDispatch: unit 1R11G, unit 1R01A assist unit 1R23G in pursuit westbound on Irvine near Milton]
    [Unit 1R01A: copy that moving to assist]
    [Unit 1R11G: on my way]
    [Unit 1R23G: civilians down request emergency services behind me]
    [LSDispath: emergency service request received and transferred]
    [Unit 2R15G: responding to report of 201]
    [Unit 1R11G: drek 210 in my way advise]
    [LSDispatch: unit 1R11G continue pursuit, unit 1R43G respond to 210 in front of Knight Errant facility]

10:35
    Condition serious - 9:15

The orange dot is moving southward, but slowly. It takes less than a minute to get to the location general, and it is a mess, as the floor of the copter going transparent clearly reveals. There are people running around, screaming, and several bodies on the ground. This part of Irvine is all businesses, and the front windows of several have been shot out. There is a small group of young men already helping themselves to the merchandise in one store. The orange dot seems to have gone into one of the buildings, which looks like a general office building. It has the name of a bank - Commerce Bank of Seattle - on the outside.

The copter can land on the street without an issue, though there is still traffic here, as may of the cars just swerve around the chaos and continue on their way. Jupiter will block two of the four lanes no matter where Flip puts it if he lands on the street. There is also a helicopter pad on the roof of the bank building, though the roof is at least 10 stories up. There are yellow contacts converging on the area, no doubt emergency and press vehicles. Two white Docwagon contacts are also inbound at a good speed, though their paths make it clear they are ground vehicles.

BanjoPick - RentonG02
    OldMcDonald - RentonG03

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Jacob

Jake furrows his brow at the LS messages and gets his helmet on immediately. "Doesn't sound like an officer down, they would have pulled out all the stops then. Likely our client is one of the civilians mentioned." He leans down and examines the situation through the clear bottom and then takes a look at the transparent display, frowning.Great, last thing we need is to play hide and seek in an office building.

He speaks to the team, "Flip, why don't you set us down in front of the bank? Darryl, Dunc, Syber and I can all go inside and get our man. With the other DocWagon teams arriving, I doubt anyone will bother the chopper. Of course, if you'd like, Syber can follow a bit behind us, just to make sure some smartass street punk doesn't decide it's his day to be stupid. What do you all think?" He then activates his wired reflexes and stands next to the door, getting ready to open it as he was instructed to.