New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Vera - Light Finds a Way - IC I

I have an Angel Radiance orb, which I use as a torch as I work
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dolf

"So where are all the people? Did you eat them? Should we be worried that something else ate them?" Dolf asks the 'strangers'.

Dolf helps hold a board up during the repairs.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Massarin looks a bit put off by the accusation but says nothing about it. "No, this place was a ghost town when we got here. As if everyone just picked up and left what they were doing. Very odd, it would seem." though he seems a bit cautious of the newcomers. "Since you aren't from here and, it would seem, just passer throughs like us, where you headed?"

4. - Top - End - #64

NecromancerGuy

"Ve Vere sent to find trade. She," he gestures at alexis, "negotiates, vhile ve protect. Ve are to travel towards the Grin"
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

5. - Top - End - #65

Peace settles over the originally tense meeting, and the two groups agree to share the same space for the evening. With a roof over their heads and no one chasing them, it may even be prudent to rest up for a day before moving on. The three that were here first had no specific plans for where to go, except for away from troubles and oppression, and in that sense westward towards the grin is one of the better directions to travel. From there, perhaps a ship can be found traveling north, away from this corrupted country.

In the meantime though, the next day passes peacefully.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Consider this a check-in. I apologize for my intermittent access, I don't have regular access to a computer this summer like I did in the spring. As a result, updates are slow on my end. I'm doing my best to get at least something out every week, but if you guys are still here and willing to move on, then keep on posting. From this point forward, everyone who doesn't post for a whole week will be NPC'd. My next big post will move things back into action.
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Undead- er, undying gratitude to linklele for the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

6. - Top - End - #66

NecromancerGuy

Before we move on to somewhere else, Garm is going to check the house he found the supplies for repairing the door in, to see if there was anything else worth keeping
    Search: (1d20+2)[22]

Spoiler
    Show
    still here, and ready to go

7. - Top - End - #67

With a full day, you make more than enough time to examine the entire town. The aforementioned building seems to have been a carpenter's home and workshop, with some basic and bulkier tools remaining (anything valuable and portable has been taken), while another building is that of a blacksmith in a similar condition. Other seem to have been simple homes for farmers, two with small barns, while the largest building on the end of the street appears to have been in use as a tavern, inn, and town hall. Basic supplies such as blankets and bowls can be found, but anything of value is long since gone.
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

As they search the burg, Massarin is skittish of both the newcomers and the town itself. Slowly he relaxes the their new companions, after speaking at some length with them, but the town still sets him on edge. Something wasn't right. Killers... disease... magic... something drove the people off and he liked it not a hair.
    Once they were all convinced there was no one nor nothing to find, they all hunkered down and he began to eat at his rations. "This place has an ill feel to it. I think it best, maybe today while there is still sunlight or, at worst, at first light, but I would be glad to have many leagues between me and it." he says moodily.

9. - Top - End - #69

NecromancerGuy

Vill give no complaints. There ees nothing good here.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

" 'right, one more night, then, before making out in the morning? Watches?"

11. - Top - End - #71

The group having agreed to wait one more night, they settle in, though they remain on edge.

Please provide spot and listen checks for those on watch, along with when you're on watch.

12. - Top - End - #72

NecromancerGuy

I vill be of the first vatch
    spot:(1d20+1)[2]
    Listen:(1d20+1)[20]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dolf

"I can take second watch." Dolf offers.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+6)[11]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[16]

Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2019-06-25 at 10:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Not trusting the newcomers too far yet, Massarin chimes in "I'll join you on first watch. Company is always welcomed, eh?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen
    (1d20+7)[21]
    Spot
    (1d20+5)[25]
    Last edited by razorback; 2019-06-27 at 12:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

The others present offer to take 3rd and 4th watches, and the newly met companions settle in for the night. The sense of unease grows as the light fades, however, and as the darkness settles closer to that of a moonless night, Massarin picks up the sound of footsteps in the dark. It's faint, and his fellow watchman can't hear it, but it sounds to be coming from the mountains, and to be fairly close. A quick glance around shows nothing, but with how dark it is that isn't surprising. Still, a few moments later, the sound is repeated: a soft footfall, quiet as a cat.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The night is long but it has just started as Massarin begins his watch with Garm. They chat a bit, getting more familiar with each other, but the conversation slowly dies off. In the still of the night, as he keeps himself alert, shrugging off the drowsiness, he hears the sound. Little by little his ears twitch as he tries to figure out if its real or his imagination. Finally figuring if its not real its still worth investigating, he looks at Garm to catch his attention as he brings his finger to his lips, letting him know to keep silent. Touching his ears then point outside, he stands with an eerie silence as he pulls out his net and his mace.

17. - Top - End - #77

NecromancerGuy

Garm readies a club and waits where he is. Keeping one eye on his partner, and one on his surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ps: 20 wasn't high enough?
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2019-06-29 at 12:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Against a +16? You're doing good that the -- oh, I thought the 25 was Massarin's listen. My bad. Still standing by what I said though.

With Massarin calling his attention to it, Garm soon hears the sound as well. A footfall, and close. Very close. Close enough that you feel like you should have heard breathing or rustling by now, but none. A chill runs up your spines, and you aren't sure whether the temperature has settled or it's just a light fear brushing against you. A sudden scraping sound catches your ears from the doorway. Glancing that direction, you see a slim blade of metal slid in between the door and the doorframe, attempting to lift the bar that's securing the door!

19. - Top - End - #79

NecromancerGuy

Garm quietly moves beside the door, so that the intruder wouldn't imediately see them when they open it

Move silently
    (1d20+1)[4]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Massarin, seeing Garm move, quietly moves to Arskel then Tikk as he covers their mouth as he wakes them to silence, each in turn, before moving to the others.

21. - Top - End - #81

NecromancerGuy

Garm gets an idea, and puts away his club, then readies to grab the intruder as soon as they open the door, hopefully catching them flat footed
    Spoiler
    Show
    readied grapple
    Touch Attack: (1d20+5)[16]
    Grapple check (1d20+5)[20](plus an additional 4 if opponent is medium, plus an additional 8 if opponent is small)