1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Savage Undead - Immortal Archetype.

I have been reading Savage Worlds material, and I have found the Immortal Archetype.

I think that Archetype, combined with Zadmar's Savage Stuff's Edge "Impossible to Kill" would be useful to portray an alchemist who has made himself immortal using an elixir, or a Chinese Taoist Immortal...

How would you portray the Ravenous (Physical Pleasures) Hindrance? Does any physical pleasure work? Would a fine wine and delicious meal be enough to stave the hunger? or would he need something like drugs or sex? What about way softer stuff, like drinking his favorite brand of tea or coffee or even smelling flowers...?

EDIT: Would you allow some kind of spell able to provoke realistic lucid dreams as a way to stave the hunger?

EDIT 2: Mmmm... maybe it would be simpler to just take the Magical Sustenance Edge and get rid of a lot of bothersome stuff...
    Last edited by Clistenes; 2019-04-16 at 03:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Savage Undead - Immortal Archetype.

I'm unfamiliar with the Immortal archetype.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Undead - Immortal Archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedyn View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with the Immortal archetype.
    It's in Savage Undead. It's supposed to represent either a Dorian Grey type character, or somebody who has imbibed some kind of Elixir of Immortality and Eternal Youth... You get +2 to recover from being Shaken, immunity against disease and poison, and never suffer from Wound modifiers, and in exchange either get the Marked Hindrance (there is some telltale that mark you as abnormal, like glowing eyes or an aura of cold) or the Soul Jar Hindrance (your life depends on some kind of phylactery you must keep safe...).