Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Easterling's North High School [IC]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Selena's good to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #32

The day wears on.

Vincent, for once, attends his classes-on time, even! Well, for most of them-so as to minimize any potential complications with faculty later on.
    Selena has a pep in her step all day, knowing that she'll be hanging with Emily later.

Once school is over, Aiden meets Vincent back at the cafeteria. "Alright. Let's figure out what we know so far. I brought notebooks, pencils, and poptarts."

Meanwhile, the moment her last class is out, Selena sends a quick text to Emily, asking her if she'd want be tutored today. She gets a "Yeah, sure!" sent back and meets up with Emily at the cafeteria as well, finding a spot at a table near Vincent's. Emily, smiling, walks over to Selena as she calls out "Hey!"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

Hi <3 Selena beamed waving her fingers as she leaned close to Em. So, which bus?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

You’re prepared, I like it. Especially the poptarts. All I have to add are a few sticky notes, some pins, and some string. Just in case we need to do a conspiracy theory board of clues and connections. Before we start though, I need a second. I just spent the past few hours actually showing up in class and that want a pleasant experience. I think I almost caught myself paying attention to history.

Vincent uncaps a sharpie and draws a small smiley face on the corner of the table. Then he surrounds it with a few spirals, and takes a second to enjoy the new-marker smell.

That hits the spot, I think I’ve fully recovered. Now let’s get this thing started.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Hi <3 Selena beamed waving her fingers as she leaned close to Em. So, which bus?
    "I actually drive myself here. My parents got me an old junker, but I'm still pretty happy with it," she replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    You’re prepared, I like it. Especially the poptarts. All I have to add are a few sticky notes, some pins, and some string. Just in case we need to do a conspiracy theory board of clues and connections. Before we start though, I need a second. I just spent the past few hours actually showing up in class and that want a pleasant experience. I think I almost caught myself paying attention to history.

Vincent uncaps a sharpie and draws a small smiley face on the corner of the table. Then he surrounds it with a few spirals, and takes a second to enjoy the new-marker smell.

That hits the spot, I think I’ve fully recovered. Now let’s get this thing started.
    Aiden laughs. "My god, you're such a damn delinquent! But, to get serious, we've got a screenname, for one. Do we know anyone who had a vendetta against either Sylvia, her boyfriend, or either of their cliques? That can get us a motive."

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

“Why thank you! And yes, narrowing down our suspects is a good starting point. Who would have a vendetta against Sylvia? The entire rest of the popular clique for one? Their leaders are always surrounded by sycophants looking to take their place. I’m not sure about her boyfriend though. Greg mostly hangs in the nerd cliques and I’m not that acquainted with them, they don’t have as much need for my skillset.

The nerds are the ones with the most ability to do it though, because the hacker is obviously someone with computer skills. They also might be potential allies because I know you specialize in direct reporting and I’m more of an infiltrator. If we decide we need more people a computer person might be a good ally.”

Vincent writes ‘Suspects’ in blocky letters in one of their notebooks and writes down a list of the people in the cliques that Greg and Sylvia inhabit.

So who has a motive? Which of these people had a previous grudge? And who benefits from Sylvia going down?

7. - Top - End - #37

So to the library then? Selena grinned.

8. - Top - End - #38

Aiden puts a pencil to his mouth in a thoughtful gesture, and mutters "Hm..."

"Maybe we should start by canvassing the geek squad? See what they know? They're more likely to share the snooty bunch."

"If you think that's where we can learn best, sure," Emily replies, standing up. "I'm parked in the back, by the way."

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

“Yeah, the ones who are actually willing to talk to me seem to be the best option. And snooty is a good way to describe them.

For the geeks, a few of them are almost always on the library computers during lunch, so we can find a few there tomorrow. We just need a plan where we can get information without the hacker knowing we’re after her.

Vincent continues sketching in the notebook, at first some plans to get info from the computer club but then he gets distracted and starts doodling himself and Aiden as Sherlock Holmes style detectives. Then he looks up and towards Selena and Emily.

“I wonder what these two are doing here at the same time as us. Probably a coincidence...”

10. - Top - End - #40

Lead the way~ Selena beams.

11. - Top - End - #41

Emily starts doing so, and overhears Vincent's last words as she passes by. She stops a moment, and says "We're just meeting up to arrange some tutoring, nothing suspicious, guys!" with a bit of a chuckle. "Something I'm pretty sure you might need, considering how rarely you attend class, Vincent."

Assuming Vincent doesn't respond in any truly significant way, Emily leads Selena to the back parking lot of the school. "I know it's a bit of a junker, but it drives," she says as she unlocks (manually) an old beat-up Chevy.

Back in the cafeteria, Aiden says "I'd call that rude if it wasn't so true. Anyway, if we can make a plan quick, I heard that a lot of them are working on a project in the library, and have been usually staying after school to get more work done. We can find them now-just gotta figure out what to say."

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

“Yeah, you both just want to study and neither of you have ulterior motives. Keep telling each other that”

Vincent smirks as he looks away, starting to put away his notebooks

“What? It’s as true as what she said to me. Well technically not as true, since I’m technically passing all my classes. I have my ways.
    Now, how do we get the geek squad to talk? I feel like we need to appeal to their sense of pride, talk up how much skill it would take to get into secure messages, and also see their reactions to the event. I’m good at getting people to talk but not as good at reading people. You’re a reporter, you should be able to tell how everyone reacts when I bring up the hacker and the Sylvia-North Event. And for our cover story for why we’re in there after school striking up a conversation, I guess we could say...”
    Vincent sighs audibly and shakes his head at the proposition ”That I needed help in my lit class and you’re my tutor.”

13. - Top - End - #43

Aiden chuckles. "Sounds like a plan. Lead the way, oh faithful protege!" he says.

You head for the computer lab, which is tucked away just behind the library. The room is currently closed, but not locked. Looking inside, you see around half a dozen nerds, most of whom seem to be paying attention to one screen, with only of them actually sitting at the computer.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

”A plan it is then. Looks like they’ve formed a hive mind, but I can still infiltrate them.”

Vincent opens the door and walks into the lab, pretending that he’d been chatting with Aiden about work on the way and had just arrived here

”Yeah, I should be able to print the essay from here. Thanks for the help. I don’t know how I’d pass writing without you. Wait, what’s that?”

He turns towards the group clustered around a computer with an expression of surprise on his face.

What’ve you all got going on here? It looks complicated.

Come on, you all won’t be able to resist the urge to explain something complex to a non-nerd. Just give me a conversational opening here. Is it weird that I see conversations like this?

15. - Top - End - #45

I hope you're a careful driver. Selena beams.

16. - Top - End - #46

”A plan it is then. Looks like they’ve formed a hive mind, but I can still infiltrate them.”

Vincent opens the door and walks into the lab, pretending that he’d been chatting with Aiden about work on the way and had just arrived here

”Yeah, I should be able to print the essay from here. Thanks for the help. I don’t know how I’d pass writing without you. Wait, what’s that?”

He turns towards the group clustered around a computer with an expression of surprise on his face.

What’ve you all got going on here? It looks complicated.

Come on, you all won’t be able to resist the urge to explain something complex to a non-nerd. Just give me a conversational opening here. Is it weird that I see conversations like this?
    It takes a few moments for the group to register Vincent's words, and they turn to face him. The guy in the chair talks first, saying "It's a news article. You might not know that we've been doing a project on background radiation and pollution and stuff like that, but we have. And this article... Well, it just adds a whole new world to what we might be able to find! See, they-they being one of the research labs here in Easterling-think they've found some kind of new spectrum, concentrated here, of all places! It's sorta... Well, they don't have a very good description, but I guess, quantum in nature? See, it reacts VERY differently when observed by people, instead of by machines."

I hope you're a careful driver. Selena beams.
    "No tickets yet," she replies. "Let me just clear some crap from the passenger seat and you can hop in."

Soon enough, you're safely buckled in and ready to go. "So, you think the library is the best tutoring spot?"

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Well it's kinda what they are for. Selena points out.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Fair," Emily respons, and starts driving out of the lot.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Selena waits for Emily to stop, before leaning on her shoulder.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Vincent looks genuinely puzzled, and looks for something to say

Well, there’s no way to redirect this to school and the hacker, but this new energy might be related to my... powers. I guess I’ll see where this goes

”So it’s only in Easterling? I didn’t know they had research labs here. So it’s quamtum-ness means machines and humans interacting with it makes different things happen to it? How would someone study that? And you guys are looking for it too now?

21. - Top - End - #51

Selena waits for Emily to stop, before leaning on her shoulder.
    "Um... Tired?" Emily asks.

Vincent looks genuinely puzzled, and looks for something to say

Well, there’s no way to redirect this to school and the hacker, but this new energy might be related to my... powers. I guess I’ll see where this goes

”So it’s only in Easterling? I didn’t know they had research labs here. So it’s quamtum-ness means machines and humans interacting with it makes different things happen to it? How would someone study that? And you guys are looking for it too now?
    "Well, we're pretty limited in how we can study it," another says. "North High has some pretty good equipment, but nothing that'd be really needed to research this. We are saving up money to pay for a trip to the lab, though, see what we can learn."

The first nerd speaks again, saying "And it's not just people, actually-it seems like anything living messes with it. Supposedly-damn news article sensationalism-one of the researcher's seeing-eye dogs started flying, and that's what tipped them off. Now, the first part, I can believe. The second part... Not so much."

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

And affectionate. Selena giggled.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

”Yeah, they’ll exaggerate anything just to get views. If it’s like a professional research lab, how are you going to get them to let a bunch of high schoolers in?

I’m surprised that you’re all working on the same thing here, if the other social groups in the school are any indication, you all would be secretly trying to sabotage each other and get the credit for yourself. But you all seem surprisingly cohesive, all saving up for and studying the same thing.”

Unless some of you aren’t. Tell me your secrets.

24. - Top - End - #54

And affectionate. Selena giggled.
    "Oh. Um..." Emily says, blushing a little bit.

”Yeah, they’ll exaggerate anything just to get views. If it’s like a professional research lab, how are you going to get them to let a bunch of high schoolers in?

I’m surprised that you’re all working on the same thing here, if the other social groups in the school are any indication, you all would be secretly trying to sabotage each other and get the credit for yourself. But you all seem surprisingly cohesive, all saving up for and studying the same thing.”

Unless some of you aren’t. Tell me your secrets.
    "Birds of a feather flock together," another one of them says. "That's actually exactly why we stopped working with Gerald."

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Um? Selena chuckled.

26. - Top - End - #56

"I'm just not really sure how to respond," Emily says, laughing a little nervously.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Could be affectionate, back. Selena teases.

28. - Top - End - #58

"Can we, um... Just go to tutoring? I mean, don't get me wrong," Emily says, "you seem really nice! It's just that I don't really know you that well, and... Yeah..."

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

So there’s a Gerald. Now we’re getting somewhere

”I take it he wasn’t team player? It seems like this would be the one place where not being ‘of a feather’ wouldn’t be as bad, what difference would be bad enough that you couldn’t work with him”

Vincent takes a quick glance at Aiden, as if to ask how this is going.

30. - Top - End - #60

Aiden's just leaning against the door, taking notes. He hasn't felt the need to interject just yet.

"Gerald was..." one of them says, before getting cut off.

"A right ***hole! Seriously-I mean, I get it. There's a lot of cute girls at this school. That does NOT give you the right to just hit on them constantly, especially not after they've made it clear they're not into you!" one of the others says. "Plus he cheated at Smash. And I think he stole my DS."

The first one talks again, saying "Basically that. He was smart, sure, but he was just a massive jerk. We might not be the most social of groups, but better to have a select few good friends, than just try to take anyone who sucks in, right?"

Show
    Show

Show