New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Is there a good free source of tokens that don't look like garbage?

Looking for tokens ends up being one of the most difficult parts of setting up a session on roll20. Roll20 used to have a whole bunch of free tokens available, but now there just aren't any. I do google searches and can't find crap. I can't afford to buy tokens...

I tend to prefer a more cartoony artstyle, but it's not necessary.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a good free source of tokens that don't look like garbage?

This site might be of assistance to you; you'll still need to find images to token-ize, but that should be much easier than searching for existing tokens.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3

HalflingPirate

I don't really worry that much about putting borders around the tokens. It's finding the images to use as tokens that's the problem.

4. - Top - End - #4

DwarfFighterGuy

I just use google searches by and large. Some tokens don't look so hot, but on average most do. What specifically are you looking for?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

They're not free, but have you considered Rich's A Monster for Every Season? $24 for, what are we at now, 1000+ monsters? Use your Snipping Tool, a little copy-paste, and boom, new token. As long as you don't sell it or distribute it, I think you're still in the "personal use" bit. You know, I should probably ask Rich first, just to be sure. Check the A Monster for Every Season thread to see if he answers.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season