The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coriolis - The Third Horizon OOC

I'm still here
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Still here.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

You know you can't get rid of me.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Since I needed to edit Fahim, I decided I should create a new post for him...

Spoiler: Fahim
    Show

Spoiler: Base Info
    Show

Name: Fahim Alsyf
    Face: Longish, unkempt, curly dark hair, meticulously-kept handlebar mustache & mid-length beard; both hair and beard have streaks of gray. Expressive light brown eyes with noticeable crows feet.
    Clothing: Matching kameez & dhoti or a matching caftan and dhoti. His tunic and pants are always the same fabric, texture, and color (see Personal Problem, below).
    Background: Stationary / Zalos / Zenithian
    Icon: The Judge
    Concept: Ship Worker (Engineer)
    Group Concept: Explorers (Salvaging Crew)
    Personal Problem: Borderline OCD. He maintains a fairly-rigid routine and requires a feeling of "structure" around himself. He's religious (follower of the Judge/Martyr), and is probably most rigid about his morning and evening prayers (and self-flagellation). He doesn't get violent when his structure/routine is disrupted, but it does upset him (and he may end up expressing disdain for the situation under his breath). For instance, he has his "spot" at the dinner table; if someone is sitting in it when he comes in, he'll simply leave and not participate in the meal with the others, only coming back once his place is open.

Experience: 0/10

Spoiler: Relationships
    Show

Salaame: (work in progress) As a fellow Zalosian and follower of the Judge, Fahim gravitates easily to Salaame. He also sympathizes with the man's trauma, although he himself isn't ready to share such intimate details about himself; he believes, though, Salaame probably senses his underlying issues.

Damis: Fahim connects with Damis for the latter's compassion and desire to help others. He's genuinely concerned about Damis' use of Kohol, and seeks to prevent him from overindulging.

Ramad (Buddy): Every time Fahim notices Ramad, he's initially startled by the latter's appearance. He'll briefly recoil or do a double-take and stare for a moment, but then recognition sets back in and Fahim treats Ramad normally; in fact, they frequently spend time together, quietly maintaining equipment or tinkering with technology. This quality time seems to work wonders for the engineer.

Spoiler: Trauma
    Show

Hit Points (Strength+Agility): 7
    Damage: 0

Critical Injuries:

Mind Points (Wits+Empathy): 7
    Stress: 0

Radiation: 0/10

Spoiler: Attributes
    Show

Strength: 5
    Agility: 2
    Wits: 4
    Empathy: 3

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

General
    Dexterity (Agility): 0 (2)
    Force (Strength): 1 (6)
    Infiltration (Agility): 0 (2)
    Manipulation (Empathy): 0 (3)
    Melee Combat (Strength): 1 (6)
    Observation (Wits): 1 (5)
    Ranged Combat (Agility): 0 (2)
    Survival (Wits): 0 (4)

Advanced
    Command (Empathy): 0 (-)
    Culture (Empathy): 1 (4)
    Data Djinn (Wits): 2 (6)
    Medicurgy (Wits): 0 (-)
    Mystic Powers (Empathy): 0 (-)
    Pilot (Agility): 0 (-)
    Science (Wits): 1 (5)
    Technology (Wits): 3 (7)

Spoiler: Talents
    Show

Group -

Icon - The Judge's Talent: You deal an automatic critical injury when your attack hits, regardless of whether the attack penetrated cover and armor. Any other effects from the attack are resolved as usual.

Concept - Zero-G Training: Your sense of balance is well adapted to an environment without gravity. You get a +2 to dexterity when in zero-G.

Spoiler: Gear
    Show

Tools (Ordinary)
    Power Glove
    tabak (prepared for tea)
    Exo Shell
    Dura knife
    Cell x4
    Clothing, approx. 200 Birr worth
    Tag, with 500 Birr stored in it
    Mechanical Lockpick

Spoiler: Weapons
    Show

Name: Power Glove
    Bonus: +1
    Init: +1
    Damage: 2
    Crit: 3
    Range: Close
    Reloads: -
    Comments: Light, Cell

Name: Dura Knife
    Bonus: 0
    Crit: 1
    Reloads:
    Comments: Light, Cell

Spoiler: Armor
    Show

Name: none
    Rating: -
    Comments: -

Name: Exo Shell
    Rating: 2
    Comments: Bulky, Thermostatic Suit, Vacuum Suit, Oxygen Supply, -2 Dexterity, stored aboard ship (engineering locker?)

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Little is known about Fahim Alsyf before he departed one of the many space stations in the Zalos A-B system for Coriolis and joined on with his current crew. He's clearly a religious follower of the Martyr, and says he's been that way for as long as he can remember. He'll admit to being 46 cycles old, but doesn't talk about his life before departing for the stars.

Spoiler: Secrets
    Show
    Fahim was born Fahim Yusuf under the Judge's segment, 46 cycles ago, on Zalos. He was a well-respected technician on a station within the system, and had a wife, Ashraqat, with whom he fathered five children. Seven years ago, on the Cyclade, he was called to perform an emergency repair in the middle of the night; while he was working, a fire swept through his family's apartments, with no survivors. Fahim went mad with grief and disappeared shortly thereafter.

He spent a number of years in contemplation at a temple of the Martyr, and unwittingly developing a structure and routine that allowed him to function. He took the name of the sword as his own and ventured out.

Fahim, as a widower, considers himself in mourning for the remainder of his life.

Last edited by seatyger; 2019-07-01 at 02:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: Salaame
    Show

Spoiler: Base Info
    Show

Name: Salaame
    Face: Salaame has mid-length straight black hair, that he keeps brushed, groomed and parted to the side. Salaame has burn marks on half his face, from an explosion in combat, which melted his helmet to his face. He's usually sporting a five o' clock shadow, he grooms often, but it grows too fast to really be clean shaven. He has a grave look about him, a tell tale sign of the things he's seen and done. Wears a white dupatta, over his caftan, as a hood.
    Clothing: Salaame wears a white caftan, usually over his armor, which is deep black; to hide the profile of the armor a bit from a distance. He sports several dozen tattoos, on his body, arms and legs. A mixture of holy iconography, dedicated to the Icons; and, dedications to life's lost in battle, both of fallen comrades, and fallen enemies. So they may be remembered in death.
    Background: Firstcome, Stationary, Zalos
    Icon: The Judge
    Concept: Soldier
    Sub-Concept: Officer
    Group Concept: Explorers (Salvaging Crew)
    Personal Problem: Salaame has gradually accustomed a taste for opor, (which is a really nice way to word it,) to forget the things he's done in the name of The Martyr. He restricts it to off-duty use, or before getting some rest, being sober minded while working is a practical choice. Call it a tax to sleep, honestly, otherwise he can spend days awake before finally passing out.

Experience: 0/10

Spoiler: Relationships
    Show

Damis: A good medic, and he's learning his way around the sensors on the ship. If I happen to get damaged in combat, I'm happy to have him on my team. I sometimes wonder what his actual opinion of me is, I've probably killed several times more people, than life's he's saved. Then there's the kohol, I can't really say anything, since I partake of opor. But, I have a feeling he's drinking it while on duty, and all hands on deck should be sober minded.

Fahim: A decent man, faithful. He makes a good engineer, he kinda has a paternal instinct about it. There's something in his past that he's not willing to talk about. I'm not going to demand that he tell me what it is, or push him to do it. But, hopefully my being upfront with my own past, and patience and "cordiality" will compel him to tell me what it is.

Ramad: Skillful, but sometimes he's a little too naive, and ignorant. He gets mad whenever anyone makes remarks on his race: Honestly, I wish he'd learn to calm down and shut the **** up. I've seen it a couple of times now, and he gets far too aggressive. Sometimes you just have to ignore people, and if they really prove a problem; you take care of them while they aren't expecting it. Maybe you ruin their rep, maybe you shoot them in the back in an alley, either way you don't cause problems in public. He's a decent pilot though, honestly has a better sense around it than you might think.

Spoiler: Trauma
    Show

Hit Points (Strength+Agility): 7
    Damage: 0

Critical Injuries:

Mind Points (Wits+Empathy): 7
    Stress: 0

Radiation: 0/10

Spoiler: Attributes
    Show

Strength: 3
    Agility: 4
    Wits: 3
    Empathy: 4

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

General

Dexterity (Agility): 1 (5)
    Force (Strength): 1 (4)
    Infiltration (Agility): 1 (5)
    Manipulation (Empathy): 1 (5)
    Melee Combat (Strength): 1 (4)
    Observation (Wits): 1 (4)
    Ranged Combat (Agility): 1 (5)
    Survival (Wits): 1 (4)
    --------------------------------------

Advanced

Command (Empathy): 1 (5)
    Culture (Empathy): 1 (5)
    Data Djinn (Wits):
    Medicurgy (Wits):
    Mystic Powers (Empathy):
    Pilot (Agility):
    Science (Wits):
    Technology (Wits):

Spoiler: Talents
    Show

Combat Veteran: You can make your initiative roll (page 82) with two dice, and choose the best one. If you also have Accelerated Reflexes, you get to roll your initiative roll with three dice and choose the best one.

The Judge's Talent: You deal an automatic critical injury when your attack hits, regardless of whether the attack penetrated cover and armor. Any other effects from the attack are resolved as usual.

Truth Seeker: You can find important information or get a clue from the GM without rolling dice. The information must be important enough to enable you to overcome a minor obstacle or a challenge in the scenario. The GM gets 1 DP per use. One use per session for the whole group (not once per PC).

Spoiler: Gear
    Show

Starting Birr: 550

Accelerator Pistol w/ Sensor Scope
    Command Unit
    Communicator (II)
    Filter Mask [300 Birr]
    Light Armor [5,500 Birr]
    Mercurium Knife [1,500 Birr]
    Opor x14 [(700) 50 Birr]
    Reinforced Exo Shell [3,000 Birr]
    Reload, Ordinary x2 [(100) 50 Birr]
    Tag [50 Birr]

Spoiler: Weapons
    Show

Name: Accelerator Pistol
    Init: 0
    Crit: 1
    Range: Long
    Reloads:
    Comments: Sensor Scope; Silent

Name: Mercurium Knife
    Damage: 3
    Crit: 2
    Reloads:
    Comments: Cell-Powered, Light, Mercurium

Spoiler: Armor
    Show

Name: Light Armor
    Rating: 4
    Comments: Thermostatic Suit

Name: Reinforced Exo Shell
    Rating: 3
    Comments: Bulky, Oxygen Supply, Reinforced Exo Servos, Thermostatic Suit, Vacuum Suit

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Salaame is a variation on the name Salam. It means alternatively peace, safety, and security; it is also used as part of several greetings, and an honorific for a peaceful person, someone who doesn't harm others. My parents obviously didn't know what my profession would be later in life. Or, perhaps they had high hopes that I would follow in my mother's footsteps. While it may be said that i provide safety and security to others, especially my comrades, and anyone serving under me. I am not a peaceful person, I have killed several hundred people, by orders from my superiors and my own actions in life. While some may call me repentant, that's not entirely true; constantly being bathed in blood, and working for zealots will wear on almost anyone. But I will continue to kill, it's hardwired in me by now; and ultimately whatever happens in the afterlife is what I deserve.

I was born in Coriolis, but my family was Firstcome, and all descended from Zalos. My mother was a Samaritan, a doctor who helped the sick and injured on the station. My father was a member of the security staff on the station for the Order. We were not particularly rich, or privileged, but we had the right connections, and wealth that I had a promising future. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they did, ultimately, hope for me to follow in my mother's footsteps. But, I had other plans. Station life was kind of boring, I wanted adventure, I wanted to do something exciting. So, like many other young people throughout history I joined the military. I joined the military branch of the Order of the Pariah, when I was 18. They trained me well, they got in my head; broke me down and rebuilt me from the ground up. I was an exemplary soldier, and served as a marine, eventually a corporal, fighting both ship-side and planet-side. I served for a good 15 years, I fought extensively in the War on Heresy; though, I am not at liberty to talk about any orders or actions.

At the age of 33 fighting had taken its toll on me, although I could never admit that. I had to find a way to get out, while staying in the Order. So using my connections back in Coriolis, I filled in a spot for the Order as security for the Council seat. I honestly didn't see that much combat from that point, and I've gotten "soft." But, I served until we stepped away from the Council, and cut off traffic to the Zalos system. At which point I left my armor and weapons and disappeared, this whole situation is eventually going to lead to full-scale conflict unless a miracle happens. I'll be damned if I'll get sucked back into serving for the Order in another war. After that I kind of drifted around for a while, and now we're sitting here on the Silent Harkhan, and I'm working for Doctor Wana.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

I am a middle-aged combat veteran, who's both been through and seen some ****. I served the Order of the Pariah, which wasn't a picnic. To say that I'm rough around the edges, would be an understatement. I'm closed off, strict, professional, and I don't take **** from anyone. Sure, I may not say or do anything initially, I'm not as hot headed as Ramad. I'm cold hearted, I'll wait for the perfect opportunity to do something, and I'll act. Believe me I'm patient, patience is a virtue above any other. It's the difference between a failed skirmish, and a highly successful one.

That isn't to say that I go place to place, killing or ruining the life's of people who anger me. Most situations must be treated with brevity, and calmness of heart. But, sometimes there's that ******* who just doesn't get the message. There's various ways to handle those situations, based on the severity of the slight. As a follower of the Judge, due punishment is justice, going above and beyond that is just being an animal. Also, going from place to place leaving dead bodies in your wake slowly gains the kind of awareness you don't want to accrue.

I enjoy quiet and calmness, I have "tea" with "breakfast" every "morning," and I take my time to savor every bite*. I'll do the same when we're salvaging, if there's a nice view I'll take time to appreciate it. We only have a short time, and we should take time to appreciate it. I'm also a sucker for romanticism, although I don't really make that known, I have a journal and sometimes I do sketches and write poetry, for my own personal consumption. I'm a sucker for that thing called love, although it's largely escaped me and that kind of vulnerability makes you an easy target.

*Wholly dependent on if there is a morning, it's real food, and the authenticity of the tea, sometimes you have to substitute one or all of them.

I'm faithful, although as a Firstcomer that's kind of a given. The question is how religious, or faithful are you? That varies; from the person who was always told that the Icons are real and still kind of believes it deep down, to the zealot willing to commit anything if they believe the Icons favor it. I lie somewhere in between, I don't suppose to speak for the Icons, I don't suppose to really know what any of their true agendas are. In fact, I think it's foolish to say you do; and yet, we have a person out there that says they're the Judge Incarnate. That's not the only case of both blasphemy, and sheer idiocy out there.

Why am I faithful, well, I was always told that the Icon's were real and I worked for the Order of the Pariah, who throw doubt out the window. But, to be more precise, I've seen plenty of weird **** out there. I've had shots that likely never should have dealt any serious injury, seem to mysteriously cause a serious case of dead or dying. I've seen people who seemed to have all luck in their favor, even when they're being rained down upon with firepower and it only delays the inevitable. I've seen people survive shots that should have killed them, or dodge them inexplicably, and I've seen even stranger things.

Maybe there's a purely scientific answer for everything, or it's pure chance. I'm not the person who's going to answer that. I believe there's something else going on here though, what the source is I can't say, and I think it goes beyond the Icons.

I want to warn you, that some wording and fluff details may change a bit. I'm going to do a couple of look overs in the next few days and check wording, spelling, description, grammar, all that stuff.

Are we doing the me and Ramad being at each other's throat's thing?
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-07 at 05:54 PM.
    Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
    Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

The King In Yellow - Robert W. Chambers

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Up to you! I'm fine with going that way if you want to, it's pretty much based on a misunderstanding anyway, heh.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I would have done some legwork before this, to check and find any applicable jobs. So, command, culture, manipulation? Ranged weapons to make someone give us a job . . . JK.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnSolaris View Post
    I would have done some legwork before this, to check and find any applicable jobs. So, command, culture, manipulation? Ranged weapons to make someone give us a job . . . JK.
    Manipulation: Persuade/'firm-guiding' someone you know or know about into offering you a mission contract.
    Observation: Noticing any worthwhile offers either on objective-boards or finding one through the Coriolis network.
    Ranged Combat: Oh no nono, not gonna let you gun-point get a contract, not on Coriolis.
    Culture: Could work in terms a more culture-based Job offer. Like helping transport a cultural artefact from one place to another, or based around a culture-inspired need (like protection, or even some sort of archeological work).
    Command: Won't really work since it might require you to have command-allowance over the people in question.... and then it'd not really be a job that you could be paid for since you'd be their boss, more or less.

If that makes sense?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I should have typed that out, JK means just kidding. Meaning I was joking about ranged combat, that would be insane. I was still in texting mode.

Can I make multiple rolls, or do I have to pick just one? Legwork usually involves multiple stages of research, and/or social engineering.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-07 at 08:20 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I should have typed that out, JK means just kidding. Meaning I was joking about ranged combat, that would be insane. I was still in texting mode.

Can I make multiple rolls, or do I have to pick just one? Legwork usually involves multiple stages of research, and/or social engineering.
    Ahh! yeah I totally missed the JK part.

And yes you can. you've each had a few months for prep-work while your Loan-for-ship and ship-refitting was done. Do remember you'd be the Captain, aka. leader of the group, so to speak, so it means your neck is at the top of who-owes-the-money, although all of you collectively owes the whole amount, of course.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Salaame begins by searching local objective boards, and checking the local network. Omitting any jobs that wouldn't fit our team and ship like proper mercenary work, or religious missions (proselytizing for example), etc. Then he'd move to word of mouth, and any contacts that haven't dried up, perhaps the Samaritans. He does have a past on Coriolis, and knows of different groups that may want work. He will be looking for the proper mix of money and danger, probably looking for the highest paying job, with a mid to low level of danger. Unless everyone else signs in to taking the risk, in which case he will take the highest paying, highest risk job available.

Observation (4d6)[1][5][1][6](13)

Culture (5d6)[1][1][2][2][2](8)

Manipulation (5d6)[5][6][2][1][6](20)
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-07 at 10:27 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Salaame begins by searching local objective boards, and checking the local network. Omitting any jobs that wouldn't fit our team and ship like proper mercenary work, or religious missions (proselytizing for example), etc. Then he'd move to word of mouth, and any contacts that haven't dried up, perhaps the Samaritans. He does have a past on Coriolis, and knows of different groups that may want work. He will be looking for the proper mix of money and danger, probably looking for the highest paying job, with a mid to low level of danger. Unless everyone else signs in to taking the risk, in which case he will take the highest paying, highest risk job available.

Observation [roll0]

Culture [roll1]

Manipulation [roll2]
    Observation - You have located a job concerning a need for medical supplies to be ferried to the Algebaran System (founds southward into the Dabaran Circle). The system itself is a bunch of astroids, mining stations and gasplanets. The Tufsur Emirates are a group of tradesmen that runs most of the trade from this system. It's a fairly standard run, although it can be dangerous due to the system being a big astroid field, so navigation and travel through it will be slow, unless one wishes to travel fast and risk impact damage if unlucky.
    Job'll pay 10.000 Birr, travel expenses already dealt with out TO the system. This means you have to pay your own fare to get back to Kua if you wish to go back, of course, since you'll be paid on-delivery by the Tufsur Emirates.

Manipulation - You had successfully negotiated a deal to go to Erequ (way eastward, past Algol), where in the astroid belts filling the stystem, there's recently been located, for the lack of a better words, rock engravings.
    A variety of sized rocks going from hand-held sized, to bigger full-chunk astroids have been spotted holding odd markings, but there's yet to be enough interest to send an official expedition to study them and even try to bring back a few samples.
    Base-line payment is.... nothing. All travel expenses. as well as maintenance needs being covered for the whole expeditions. Depending on your own purchases and sub-jobs done during the expedition taking you through a lot of trade-valuable systems (like Algol, Yastapol, etc.), you'd be paid a varying amount for any and all worthwhile samples you bring back to the Archaeological Society on Coriolis (They are a sub-faction within the Zenithian Trade Alliance). Lea Marhoun is the person whose made the offer and she is known for good customer networks. So all in all you get paid in free travel to Erequ, and back, with final monetary reward depending on archaeological samples found, as well as whatever other minor jobs you all do during the travel there.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

How long is a "month"?

These are flat rates, not per person?

Do we have to return to Kua, and Coriolis to pay Doctor Wana?
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

How long is a "month"?

These are flat rates, not per person?

Do we have to return to Kua, and Coriolis to pay Doctor Wana?
    One Coriolis Cycle is divided into 336 days. Each day is divided into watches of six hours each – morning, day, evening, and night. The cycle is divided into nine 37-day segments, each devoted to one Icon. Each segment ends with an extended rest period, and after each triad – three segments – a special holiday is celebrated. The three holidays are the Founding, the Cyclade (or New Year’s Eve), and the Pilgrimaria.
    Meaning a month is equal to 37 days and there's 9 Months in a year, with a unique celebrated holiday between each month (or segment as it's called).

Yes they are flat rates. Travel expenses are about the portal-travel costs which is a jump-by-jump basis. It's why you normally either wait for a bulk-hauler to come by (which happens about once a month) and take a trip along. Or group up with other ships and part out the expensive portal-travel costs... or you can go blind-jumping and not pay, getting no coordinates and most likely end up lost in the Dark between stars somewhere. Or pay the whole thing yourself... but it's expensive and rarely worth it to do it on your own.

And in the final end, yes you would. Agreements can be made with payment extensions due to a job dragging out the time a little.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I have a question, more out of curiosity than anything. If we just went through the Empty Portal, would Doctor Wana follow us?
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I have a question, more out of curiosity than anything. If we just went through the Empty Portal, would Doctor Wana follow us?
    You mean the one without a known partner-gate?
    Most likely not. No one's ever reported back after having travelled through it.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

It's also the one rumoured to be attached to a Fourth Horizon. Might be a contingency, if we get Doctor Wana after us, or get bored doing this salvaging crew thing. Load up on supplies and go explore the Fourth Horizon.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

It's also the one rumoured to be attached to a Fourth Horizon. Might be a contingency, if we get Doctor Wana after us, or get bored doing this salvaging crew thing. Load up on supplies and go explore the Fourth Horizon.
    Or it'll get you tossed into empty space.... Get ejected into a lost Horizon swallowed up by a black hole... maybe you end up in literal Christian Hell, or another Dimension.
    There's not even a canonically-explanation of what'll happen to people going through, rules-wise or lore-wise.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Maybe, maybe not. That would really depend on the GM. But, it could prove to be a plot hook to continue the campaign in a different direction later on.

Also, I hate that we have to come back every month to pay Dr. Wana, but that's a different thing. It would be much more efficient. to say . . . pick up a couple of contracts, do those and some other jobs on the way and then come back with the money we've made and pay x amount of months in interest.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-09 at 05:19 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe, maybe not. That would really depend on the GM. But, it could prove to be a plot hook to continue the campaign in a different direction later on.

Also, I hate that we have to come back every month to pay Dr. Wana, but that's a different thing. It would be much more efficient. to say . . . pick up a couple of contracts, do those and some other jobs on the way and then come back with the money we've made and pay x amount of months in interest.
    Or you could try negotiate a bigger leave between payments and just double-pay or some such.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I wasn't sure if that was an option. That's actually one of the reasons I posted what I said, wanted to test the waters.

Bi-monthly, maybe, at two months worth of payment. More if we can afford it.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-11 at 11:44 AM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't sure if that was an option. That's actually one of the reasons I posted what I said, wanted to test the waters.

Bi-monthly, maybe, at two months worth of payment. More if we can afford it.
    It's something that can be discussed. doing direct-jobs for Dr. Wana, she might also give you a leave on your payment-schedule (for a good reason) and such.

Oh and if you wanna see if it's possible to shelf a job-offer for a month's time, I need a Manipulation Roll to see how long of a wait could have been negotiated for the job offers you got.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manipulation For Shelf Time

(5d6)[4][4][2][5][4](19)
    (5d6)[3][2][2][1][3](11)

Well, ****. Re-roll? I know it's 1 DP, but I'd take it for this roll. Especially since I'm otherwise trying to be polite, and do everything above board. That was luck, and statistics.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-14 at 12:32 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Why'd you roll twice btw?

Oh and sure, you can reroll. But I should Roll a vs. Roll of manipulation first.

4 Empathy and 3 Manipulation, for a total of 7 dice.
    (7d6)[3][6][3][4][2][6][3](27)

So let's see what Doctor Wana ends up rolling...

EDIT: a limited success with two 6s.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-07-14 at 03:08 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I rolled for both of the other jobs, I was rolling to see how much time we could negotiate to finish them. Like I believe you mentioned. Although stop me if I'm wrong.

Maybe if we've got money and the time we can do that other mission that isn't paying well. It is for a good cause.

I hadn't rolled for Dr. Wana, yet.

Although, it might be better to wait on the re-roll till I see the results of the roll for Dr. Wana.

Edit: Actually instead of rolling, I'll wait to see what you say on that. Been a rough couple of days, sleep-wise. Should double check.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-14 at 04:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I rolled for both of the other jobs, I was rolling to see how much time we could negotiate to finish them. Like I believe you mentioned. Although stop me if I'm wrong.

Maybe if we've got money and the time we can do that other mission that isn't paying well. It is for a good cause.

I hadn't rolled for Dr. Wana, yet.

Although, it might be better to wait on the re-roll till I see the results of the roll for Dr. Wana.

Edit: Actually instead of rolling, I'll wait to see what you say on that. Been a rough couple of days, sleep-wise. Should double check.
    Oh shelf-time with the Job Provider?
    The one about the salvage of the ancient battleship bridge CANNOT be shelf'd. It's a now or never choice.
    The two jobs your character have found CAN possibly be shelf'd and you can re-roll if you wish. It's 1 DP for each re-roll, do remember that.

Worst-case is that you'd just have to spend a few days at most to scrounge for more work or take a direct-job from Dr. Wana later on.
    The Roll I made WILL count towards the extension-attempt towards paying later.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alright, Roll To Negotiate With Dr. Wana.

(5d6)[1][5][5][6][6](23)

Looks like a tie, 2 vs. 2.

Any Modifiers? Help? Etc. That's right on the cusp.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-14 at 05:19 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

If any of the other PCs help you (aka. does the Aid action and also have at minimum 1 point in the Manipulation skill) you get +1 Modifier, aka. an additional die. Only a max of 3 people can Aid you at the same time, for a total of +3.

You will not get any bonus dice from difficulty because you have neither shown prior stability in payments, nor prior inability to pay the monthly debt-payoff.

If you have any gear that gives Bonus dice for social situations, then feel free to add those. If you got gear you feel could have a social effect or some such, mention it and I'll mull it over if it is worthy of bonus dice for the situation.

You can still pray to the Icons (specifically The Merchant in this case) and re-roll all dice that are non 6s. If you had stated earlier you had prepared a prayer for manipulation, then you'd have gotten a +1 modifier to the prayer. if it was done inside a chapel, the modifier would have been +2.

A Tie in opposed rolls means the Defender (aka. the NPC in almost all cases) will win.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I intended to go to the chapel sometime after this mission meeting, because we started in the middle of the meeting. Didn't know if it would be . . . metagaming in a way. To be like. "Oh yeah, and I went to the chapel earlier."

As for the tie, yea, successes cancel each other out. Which means that you have to get more successes, than what your opponent rolled.

Edit: And I'm not sure there's really any gear that applies specifically, as RAW, to Manipulation. The only thing that might, maybe add a modifier is that I did shower, groom and clean, and press my clothes before walking into here. But, that might be a stretch. I don't look like some gruff hobo.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-07-14 at 05:46 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.