1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Planar travel for Savage Worlds Fantasy (besides Suzerain).

I have been researching Savage Worlds lately. I started reading Suzerain sourcebooks believing that it was the SW counterpart to D&D's Planescape or Spelljammer, but it is in fact quite different...

Suzerain is more like an Adventure Path... the gods send you a Telesme, a spirit-infused talisman that helps you to travel to the Spirit Realm and start a path of ascension towards divinity...

So I wonder, is there a less epic, more modest version of dimensional travel? Like, a guy finds a portal or researches a spell or ritual and travels from Relic to Shaintar and from Shaintar to Tarth and from Tarth to Rassilon and from Rassilon to Lankhmar and from Lankhmar to the Isles of Sundered Skies?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Superhero in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Planar travel for Savage Worlds Fantasy (besides Suzerain).

I could see plopping Planescape into SW without much problem, with recognizing portals as a setting rule.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Savage Scrolls: A Savage Worlds/Elder Scrolls Conversion
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    API Anthology 1 from Drivethru RPG.
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planar travel for Savage Worlds Fantasy (besides Suzerain).

Mmmm... a sidebar in page 14 of the Suzerain sourcebook mentions portals or "wormholes" as a way to access other realities without need of a Telesma...

I wonder... what about the Fey? In the Clockwork Dreams book it is mentioned that Fey can travel from the Fey Realm to the mortal world using mortal dreams... Maybe a fey guide can take the characters from one world to another using that shortcut?