Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (Pathfinder P6 Western, Spheres, Still open to intere

While we're all asking questions, anything you'd like to see from Toby?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (Pathfinder P6 Western, Spheres, Still open to intere

I think Toby looks good.
    -~DM~-
    Fairy Tales of the Occident
    A narrative-focused weird west campaign with ghosts and samurai and stuff.
    My Art!
    Currently Playing
    Clover - Cayden's Cheerful Company (IC)
    Evelyn Kristeva - Exploration of Yrannia (IC)
    Kazik - Prologue to the End (IC)

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

so this bothers me a little, Ashie is marked as Needs backstory, fluff n' stuff in the table despite being complete for a long time.
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

4. - Top - End - #304

sorry, haven't updated the table in a while, will do so tomorrow
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    :/ I think I'm going to have to veto those classes. I don't know much about them, but from the ones I've tried using I got the impression that they maybe needed a few more passes with the editing stick. And yes, you generally channel magic through your hands, so the focus would have to be held.
    Aww :( I could try and build something similar with the base sphere classes, but... most of the flavor would be lost.

Back to the drawing board, I guess.
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

6. - Top - End - #306

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (closed to new interest! Sheets due Saturday!)

Reminder that I'll be closing recruitment tonight and making selections in the next couple days! I'd like to ask again that everyone please have their backgrounds included on the sheets themselves to make it easier for me to sort through.

Also, apologies to Tingle, as I completely missed your submission the first time! Floyd looks good.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Oh, yes, if you don't mind, could you copy your backstory onto your sheet somewhere? It would also be helpful to fill out her description and personality boxes as well.
    Gave some details on both boxes, and copied over the backstory into other notes.
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (closed to new interest! Sheets due Saturday!)

Well, after a long and rough week, I think I have my character worked out.

Spoiler: Gideon "G.B." Gallant
    Show

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1896550

Background:
    Born on a frontier farm, GB Gallant showed skill with riding and shooting from a young age. His father impressed upon him a code of honor: Always honor your word; Always be courteous; Never hit a lady; Never refuse an honest request from a lady; Never let an insult stand.
    Life on the farm came to a sudden end when a gang of outlaws decided they needed the land more than the Gallant family. They came suddenly, burning and looting as they went and driving them off the land. Eventually the gang was brought to justice, but the farm was ruined, and the Gallants headed East to the big city.
    There, despite the family struggling to make ends meet, GB was able to gain an education and proved unusually bright. What he most wanted to be was a lawman, so that others wouldn't have to suffer the way his family did. Once he grew up, he applied to join the police force. However, when his itchy trigger finger and refusal to tolerate insults was spotted, they denied him a position. So instead, he went to the next best thing: the Stockton Detective Agency.
    While working for Stockton, he took part in several operations for them, including some questionable union-breaking. He acquired a reputation as being quick on the draw and a trick-shooter, said to have once shot a bullet out of the air. However, his most renowned incident came when Stockton dispatched him to the frontier to track down Bartholomew "Black Boots Bart" Crosswell.
    Black Boots Bart and his gang had hit a major gold shipment in the Salt City region and had hidden the loot. With the help of "Catastrophe" Kate Clemens, a local half-plainsman "adventurer", GB was able to track down members of Black Boots' gang, but all they were able to tell them was that their boss had hidden the loot himself and only he knew where to find it. Finally they tracked down Black Boots himself and confronted him in a saloon in the town of Dry Gulch. Bart boasted to him about the haul and how no one could touch him, only letting slip one clue about the gold's hidden location. When he found out that GB was from Stockton, he laughed in his face and told him, "Y'know what the only difference between you Stocktons an' me is? At least I don't pretend like I ain't nothin' but a crook!"
    GB challenged him to a gun duel on the spot, and in front of the saloon, the two squared off. GB outdrew the outlaw and shot to kill. Black Boots took the secret of the gold's location to his grave, and the remaining gang members scattered.
    GB's superiors at Stockton were furious. True, a dangerous outlaw had been dealt with and GB was now somewhat famous, but he had failed to recover the gold. He was recalled to the city and while he couldn't really be disciplined publicly he was mostly given low-profile jobs for then next few years.
    Now, the Agency has unexpectedly seen fit to send GB back to the frontier, all the way out to Salt City. He has been given a sealed envelope he is to open upon arrival, and a set of silver and cold iron bullets.
    GB sees this as an opportunity to redeem himself. The one clue Bart let slip about the location of the gold shipment points to it being somewhere near Salt City.
    Before he left on his trip, his boss, Dashiell Fenshaw, told him in no uncertain terms that "One of these days, GB, you're going to have to decide what's more important to you. Your job, or your pride."

Goals:
    1) Decide on where his loyalties lie: with his employers, with the law, or with his personal code.
    2) Pull off an impossible feat of gunmanship.
    3) Recover the gold shipment and complete the Black Boots case.

Secrets:
    1) While Black Boots Bart apparently took the secret location of his last haul to his grave, he gave GB a clue to its location during his boasting. It may be somewhere near Salt City.
    2) Black Boots' lieutenant, Ceferina "Red Ribbon" Ruz, escaped into the southern Hanan colonies. She knows that GB has a clue to the haul's location and is coming for him.

Character connections:
    1) Dashiell Fenshaw, the chief of GB's division at Stockton. Boorish and tough but much cannier than he looks, Fenshaw remains back in the City. Although distant, he could be an important contact.

2) "Catastrophe" Kate Clemens. Half plainsman gunslinger whom GB worked with last time he was in Salt City. Skirts the line of being an outlaw; she'd more describe herself as an "adventurer". They had a bit of a fling together that ended poorly and there are still complicated feelings there. She knows more about survival in the area than just about anyone who's not a plainsman.

3) Ceferina "Red Ribbon" Ruz, the ex-lieutenant of Black Boots Bart. Spent several years in the southern Hanan colonies, hiding from the law. Now she's back to find the secret location of Black Boots' gold stash. She knew Black Boots better than anyone, and may have a clue herself as to its location. But she needs what GB knows to figure it out.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Well, here's the completed version of Benjiro. Best of luck to everyone!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters:
    Inactive:

Homebrew I'm using:

Awesome Varsuvius Avatar by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #310

Alllllllright the moment of truth. There were a lot of tough contenders and many that I would have liked to have in game but I can't choose everybody, unfortunately. I was really only planning on having four but bumped it up to five since I had so much trouble narrowing it down. Anyway, here's the list:

AvatarVecna - Vogun Guttrr and Cinders
    Dread_Head - Vincent Barlow
    JerichoPenumbra - Kanemura Benjiro
    Illogictree - Gideon "G.B." Gallant
    ElFi - Agatha LeGray

If your name is on this list then you may head over to the discord server (for ooc, remember that ic will be onthe forums). But! Even if your name isn't on the list don't be dissuaded. I really meant it when I said that there were some good concepts in there that I simply didn't have room for. I don't want to make any definite statements yet, as this is my first game and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but I am thinking of ways I could possibly include more players in the future.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-05-19 at 07:57 PM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #311

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (closed!)

Guest appearances? Antagonists? Characters making it as NPCs? Backups in case of dropout?

Have fun, you five!
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Have fun folks!

I will say back ups are a good idea as things happen.
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Indeed they are. Iíve never seen a game where nobody dropped.