Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (Pathfinder P6 Western, Spheres)

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Does Spheres have anything for speedimg up use ofnthe Heal skill? Also when I get home I'll put up a quick chart for each person's total modifier/pointbuy value, for a better idea of the spread.
    You could look into the skill unlock, I've seen a fairly ridiculous heal skill build in one of my home games. I don't recall how he did it though.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Currently the only thing I'm aware of that speeds up mundane healing like that is the 3PP medic archetype. All other things that "speed up" the healing increase the amount healed rather than changing the time it takes. I'm looking at comboing the Battlefield Surgeon trait, a Mobile Hospital, and Unchained heal. If you squint your eyes at some of the mechanical interactions, this should let me heal six people in an hour up to four hit points per hit die at lvl 5+.
    One thought I'm having is to increase the DC by 5 for every unit of time you want to decrease it by, i.e., DC 25 brings it down to ten minutes, DC 30 = 1 minute, DC 35 = 1 round, etc.
    -~DM~-
    Fairy Tales of the Occident
    A narrative-focused weird west campaign with ghosts and samurai and stuff.
    My Art!
    Currently Playing
    Clover - Cayden's Cheerful Company (IC)
    Evelyn Kristeva - Exploration of Yrannia (IC)
    Kazik - Prologue to the End (IC)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Scholar
    Spoiler: Medical Training
    Show

The scholar may use her Intelligence modifier in place of her Wisdom modifier as her associated ability score modifier with the Heal skill. In addition, the scholar may expend one use of a healerís kit and make a special DC 15 Heal check on an ally as a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity; if this check is successful, the ally recovers 1 hit point +1 for each point by which the scholar exceeds the DC. If the scholar has at least 5 ranks in the Heal skill, she may instead use this ability to restore 1 point of ability damage +1 point for every 5 points by which she exceeds this abilityís DC. The scholar can only attempt to heal a particular creature with this ability a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence bonus (minimum 1). Attempting to heal a creature but failing to meet the DC of this ability still counts towards this daily total.

It improves at 5th. It can get excessive if you really optimize it though due to skill check boosting in PF generally.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not going to take Conjuration sphere directly, my plan is to use Advanced Magical Training with a pissible dip into mageknight or other full bab caster. I will use the magic tradition to get a bound creature that would serve as a mount, use 2 starting talents to improve it and also Gift for Magic trait to give it decent HD/HP. Altho as I'm looking at it now, an animal companion may make more sense. I will be able to just get one by going into beastmaster with the first talent and getting it with a second, at lv 3 improve it to not lag behind with lv. Then lv 4~5 dive into Berserker so I can break thing really good. Tradition-wise I will go with Crushing Juggernaut. Lv 6 would likly we a dip into other class, perhaps a Conscript, maybe even tech sphere if tech sphere should it be published in time.

With that, I got everything planned out. The base idea would be a Dwarf opportunist. out there to get rich, or rather to get nice tool/toys. One thing that I'm a bit confused about is Stoic Negotiator at it listed to replace defensive training, hatred, and stonecunning and I only got hatred listed in traits.

Also, feats, would start with harvest parts and then go into crafting.
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just posting to express interest in this game. I was lurking in the original thread and I think a P6 western style game sounds a lot of fun. I'll have a ponder of character ideas and whip something up over the weekend

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dumb statistics stuff
    Show
    Spoiler: Point Buy extrapolation
    Show
    3=-16
    4=-12
    5=-9
    6=-6

Player Average Roll Total PB Total Mod
    Xanyo (S1) 12.0000 14 +5
    Xanyo (S2) 11.0000 10 +1
    Stevesciguy (S1) 12.3333 28 +5
    Stevesciguy (S2) 13.0000 29 +7
    Deadguy (S1) 11.5000 11 +3
    Deadguy (S2) 11.1666 11 +2
    TheOneHawk (S1) 13.3333 28 +8
    TheOneHawk (S2) 13.3333 27 +8
    Ellowryn (S1) 10.6666 -1 +1
    Ellowryn (S2) 10.3333 1 +0
    Rokku (S1) 11.8333 15 +4
    Rokku (S2) 12.3333 21 +6
    Eldest (S1) 12.6666 21 +7
    Eldest (S2) 13.6666 32 +9
    Get (S1) 13.3333 30 +8
    Get (S2) 13.3333 25 +9
    Greenflame133 (S1) 15.0000 50 +13
    Greenflame133 (S2) 12.3333 18 +5
    kjelfalconer (S1) 13.0000 27 +8
    kjelfalconer (S2) 12.5000 20 +6
    stack (S1) 12.8333 25 +7
    stack (S2) 13.1666 23 +7
    The Kool (S1) 11.3333 16 +1
    The Kool (S2) 10.1666 1 -1
    RoTWS (S1) 12.3333 18 +6
    RoTWS (S2) 12.6666 18 +7
    Illogictree (S1) 14.6666 50 +13
    Illogictree (S2) 12.8333 21 +7
    Nevershutup (S1) 12.1666 20 +5
    Nevershutup (S2) 13.1666 26 +8
    Dread_Head (S1) 13.6666 28 +9
    Dread_Head (S2) 10.6666 4 +2

Quote Originally Posted by Get View Post
    You could look into the skill unlock, I've seen a fairly ridiculous heal skill build in one of my home games. I don't recall how he did it though.
    Yeah I mentioned Unchained Heal, and that's basically what makes it worth doing, assuming it interacts in weird ways with some other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    One thought I'm having is to increase the DC by 5 for every unit of time you want to decrease it by, i.e., DC 25 brings it down to ten minutes, DC 30 = 1 minute, DC 35 = 1 round, etc.
    That's gonna be rough, but we'll see how it goes. It helps that you've changed how often people can benefit from it, and I like the reasoning: treat deadly wounds had the usage limit to prevent people from getting fully healed with bandages, but the Wound/Vigor system provides a simple way to stop that from happening.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-04-27 at 10:58 AM.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yeah I mentioned Unchained Heal, and that's basically what makes it worth doing, assuming it interacts in weird ways with some other options.
    My friend found a way of doing stuff as a standard or fullround action, healing for very respectable chunks. I don't quite recall how, but it involved the heal unlock, and maybe a medical kit?

Edit: Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer's Hands, Planar Adventures p. 28
    Your healing efforts are bolstered by positive energy.

Prerequisites: Heal 1 rank, Knowledge (planes) 1 rank.

Benefit: You can use the Heal skill to treat deadly wounds as a full-round action. You do not take a penalty for not using a healerís kit when treating deadly wounds this way, and you can do so on a given creature more than once per day. When treating deadly wounds this way, if your result exceeds the DC by 10 or more, add your ranks in Knowledge (planes) to the damage healed. These benefits do not apply to creatures that are not healed by positive energy. You can use this featís benefit a number of times per day equal to your ranks in Knowledge (planes).
    Last edited by Get; 2019-04-25 at 03:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, hmm...you've changed the amount of healing it gives as well, from 1 HP/HD (possibly plus Wis mod) to 1d4 (possibly plus Wis mod). How would this change if I take Unchained Heal, just go to 2d4?
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

9. - Top - End - #99

NecromancerGuy

50 point buy, holy crap

Also, that -1 point buy is hilarious

Having trouble finding a casting tradition that I feel is appropriate, might make my own and request it
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-04-25 at 03:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Actually, hmm...you've changed the amount of healing it gives as well, from 1 HP/HD (possibly plus Wis mod) to 1d4 (possibly plus Wis mod). How would this change if I take Unchained Heal, just go to 2d4?
    Yeah, that's what makes the most sense to me, although that really should be 1d4/HD now that I'm looking at it, since wounds scale with level, so Unchained would be 2d4/HD at 5 ranks. Additionally, while I'm thinking about it now, I'm ruling that if you have a means of changing what stat Heal is keyed off of (such as precise treatment) then the bonus HP gain would be keyed off of that stat as well.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-04-25 at 03:30 PM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    50 point buy, holy crap

Also, that -1 point buy is hilarious

Having trouble finding a casting tradition that I feel is appropriate, might ask to make my own
    That's a drawback with rolling, sometime there is likely to be a disparity. I got a game with for peoples, when we looked at PB values there was, 14, 21, 22, and 51. Given, I don't know I ever saw a -1 pb from 4d6b3
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

My friend found a way of doing stuff as a standard or fullround action, healing for very respectable chunks. I don't quite recall how, but it involved the heal unlock, and maybe a medical kit?
    Medicine subdomain can speed it up to 1 minute a few times a day, which is probably enough, but levels are in short supply. I could maybe use Believer's Boon to snag it if I worship a deity with the Medicine subdomain (and the DM is generous enough to say that the feat can give subdomain abilities, despite that technically not being the RAW).

3PP Medic archetype can make it 10 minutes with 3 levels, 1 minute with 7 levels, and 1 round with 11 levels. Levels are in short supply, I couldn't reach 1 round in this game at all, and I can only reach 1 minute if that's a "epic feat" I take in 5+ levels.

Edit: Here we go.
    Hmm...gotta take another skill that I basically have no real justification for, but it looks good...DM, I don't suppose I could change that to Knowledge (Local)? Makes more sense for patchin' up regular folk than Knowledge (Planes)...

Presuming that's approved, that means 2-3 feats (Skill Focus Heal, Healer's Hands, and maybe Believer's Boon) can get me enough quick healing bursts for all the fights we have through the day, and this game will certainly not be light on feats.

Many thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103

Medicine subdomain can speed it up to 1 minute a few times a day, which is probably enough, but levels are in short supply. I could maybe use Believer's Boon to snag it if I worship a deity with the Medicine subdomain (and the DM is generous enough to say that the feat can give subdomain abilities, despite that technically not being the RAW).

3PP Medic archetype can make it 10 minutes with 3 levels, 1 minute with 7 levels, and 1 round with 11 levels. Levels are in short supply, I couldn't reach 1 round in this game at all, and I can only reach 1 minute if that's a "epic feat" I take in 5+ levels.
    I'm personally a big fan of the Medicine subdomain (hence why I gave it to so many deities), so I won't say no to that. :P

Hmm...gotta take another skill that I basically have no real justification for, but it looks good...DM, I don't suppose I could change that to Knowledge (Local)? Makes more sense for patchin' up regular folk than Knowledge (Planes)...

Presuming that's approved, that means 2-3 feats (Skill Focus Heal, Healer's Hands, and maybe Believer's Boon) can get me enough quick healing bursts for all the fights we have through the day, and this game will certainly not be light on feats.
    I think the justification for K(Planes) is that you're directly channeling positive energy from the outer planes in order to help you knit wounds, since it was included with one of the planar handbooks. Which actually reminds me that K(Planes) should actually be renamed K(Cosmos) or something similar since planes work way differently in this setting and are generally unknown to mortals.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll update more when I'm less tired, but here's Doc Jubilee, a sawbones and card shark who's quite handy with a pistol. Legally distinct from all persons living, dead, or fictional.

15. - Top - End - #105

NecromancerGuy

Alright, casting tradition I'd like:

• Magical Signs
    • Mental Focus
    • +Focus Casting(Ring)

I'm thinking that because he never got formal training, he has to be more cognizant of his concentration in order to cast, and he has difficulty suppressing some of the more overt signs of his power. In this case, I'm thinking the magic sign manifests as a loud gunshot and a sharp smell of burnt gunpowder

16. - Top - End - #106

OldWizardGuy

Man, explosion of posts while I drove home. Alright, time to write the character. Solidified my choice onto Martial Armorist, because I think I want some dual-wielding options in there... that is assuming the Champions options are on the table?
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Finally find out about a way to Treat Deadly Wounds in a decent amount of time...and it's channeling the power of the cosmos without any need for bandaids.

Many thanks!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, if we have an actual doctor character now, I think I'll leave mundane healing to them. Sorry for all the trouble folks!

Wait, hrmm...some sphete abilities give you 5 ranks in a skill, plus an additional 5 per related talent (maximum equal to Character Level). How does that work exactly with regards to regular skill checks, and to sphere abilities with effects dependent on your rank?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-04-25 at 04:32 PM.

Many thanks!

19. - Top - End - #109

Honestly, if we have an actual doctor character now, I think I'll leave mundane healing to them. Sorry for all the trouble folks!

Wait, hrmm...some sphete abilities give you 5 ranks in a skill, plus an additional 5 per related talent (maximum equal to Character Level). How does that work exactly with regards to regular skill checks, and to sphere abilities with effects dependent on your rank?
    It gives you 5 ranks per talent, but it doesn't break the normal rules of only allowing one rank/level. So, essentially it gives you a bonus rank/level, as if you were getting an extra skill point.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Does the half-dex to damage from Amateur Gunslinger round up or down?

EDIT: Does "Expert Reloading" make reloading a free action for advanced firearms? It doesn't mention them directly.

EDIT 2: Are we using fractional saves/BAB?

EDIT 3: Do talents granting ranks in a skill also make it a class skill?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-04-25 at 05:35 PM.

Many thanks!

21. - Top - End - #111

NecromancerGuy

EDIT: Does "Expert Reloading" make reloading a free action for advanced firearms? It doesn't mention them directly.
    It just says 'firearms', so yeah, I'd think so. By RAW, anyway

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    It just says 'firearms', so yeah, I'd think so. By RAW, anyway
    Not quite:

Expert Reloading
    Whenever you reload a ranged weapon with which you are proficient, you may decrease the required time; hand and light crossbows become free actions, heavy crossbows and one-handed firearms become move actions, and two-handed firearms become standard actions. If you possess the Crossbow Mastery feat, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when reloading any crossbow. Associated Feat: Rapid Reload
    It says it decreases the time, and then goes on to list the specific times associated with weapons. If we accept the first part ("decrease the required time") as the rule, and the next part as examples, then yeah it reduces it for advanced firearms as is probably the intent. If we accept the second part as the hard rules, and the first part as a generalized description of that process that doesn't account for every example, than how difficult it is to load a firearm depends on whether it's one-handed or two-handed.

I'm assuming we're going with the interpretation that's clearly intended, but because there's an argument against it, I wanna be sure.

Many thanks!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, if we have an actual doctor character now, I think I'll leave mundane healing to them. Sorry for all the trouble folks
    I mean... I took Profession (Gambler) and NOT Profession (Doctor).

(Basically I don't have any plans to invest in healing beyond the ranks in Heal.)
    Last edited by Rokku; 2019-04-25 at 06:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I mean... I took Profession (Gambler) and NOT Profession (Doctor).

(Basically I don't have any plants to invest in healing beyond the ranks in Heal.)
    Ah, hmm...I'll have to reconsider some things then...

Many thanks!

25. - Top - End - #115

NecromancerGuy

Apologies if I missed it, are we rolling hp or taking average?

And to make sure I'm reading the rules right: we take our HP total like we would get in a normal game, then half of it becomes vigor, and the other half becomes wounds, correct?

26. - Top - End - #116

I'm making a Scholar, ranks in Heal. So, a doctor, more or less. Lots of skill and utility.
    INTP-A.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Talents that grant skill ranks do not make the skill a class skill.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    I'm making a Scholar, ranks in Heal. So, a doctor, more or less. Lots of skill and utility.
    Oh hey they get a cool healing ability and free Alchemy access, so that's the thing I was lookin' at that I don't need at this point. Have fun healin'!

Many thanks!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Talents that grant skill ranks do not make the skill a class skill.
    Thanks, means I'll have to solve that problem...

Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #120

OldWizardGuy

I might want to point out that we have something like 15 people who have rolled stats. Only about a third of us are going to make the cut, and the healers that are saying "don't worry, I got this" might possibly not be on that list...
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.