Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tales of the Occident (Pathfinder P6 Western, Spheres)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Just to make sure here. General drawbacks don't mess with talents, they give you extra spell points. Sphere specific drawbacks can give you extra talents, but you have to spend a talent unlocking the sphere anyway. At max, you should have 2 talents from having a casting progression and 2 from levels.
    *throws hands in the air*

Well so much for that. And I finally had it figured out, too. Back to the drawing board...

EDIT: *sigh* trimmed to 7. Had to drop one of my martial talents too. Makes more sense this way, but dang if I'm not disappointed. Not too big a deal though, I'm not capped on number of potential talents thanks to it being P6 and being able to get them from feats, but I was hoping for a certain level of power right out of the gate. Still have enough to retain my theme at least.

EDIT2: Tradition: Hypnotist. Starting talents: Mind and Illusion. Drawbacks: Disappearance and Personal Illusion, to purchase Invisibility and Lingering Illusion; Empath and Lost in Translation, to purchase Read Mind and Amnesia; at level 2, purchased Mind Spy with my talent.
    Last edited by The Kool; 2019-04-30 at 10:18 AM.
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Kool View Post
    *throws hands in the air*

Well so much for that. And I finally had it figured out, too. Back to the drawing board...
    Trust me, I very much know the pain of being stretched thin to cover a concept: Katherine's got, like, 5 6 different spheres that she's going to be using. I haven't even gotten the fifth (or sixth) yet, and the other four only have one talent apiece buying the initial ability. But she's set for her initial debut! At least on talents... I need to finish up the rest of the sheet.

Chromascope3D: would you be willing to let me take the SoM version of Parry and Riposte instead of the Amateur Swashbuckler feat? It'd be a sidegrade: I wouldn't get access to the riposte side of it, ever, given that my BAB maxes at 4, but I'd be recovering martial focus instead and wouldn't need to deal with panache, which is (TBH) my main aim here, consolidating all her abilities under one system.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-04-30 at 10:43 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

3. - Top - End - #213

OldWizardGuy

Oh, one more thing from me too: I know you spoke of magic items needing to be used with caution, but are we allowed to purchase them? I'm looking at this guy in particular, though if you think it's listed too cheap I understand that.
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Spoiler: Vogun
    Show

I'm getting through the minutiae of gear Vogun's got, and hammering out details of his backstory, including faith and loyalties. I also have a dumb question: in this page, "Combat Training for Non-Spheres of Might Classes" provides a way for non-practitioners to gain a talent progression. Does this talent progression come with a Martial Tradition?
    No, but any class can choose to give up their proficiency for a martial tradition at first level, as long as their class grants proficiency in all martial weapons or at least one exotic weapon (third paragraph).

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Chromascope3D: would you be willing to let me take the SoM version of Parry and Riposte instead of the Amateur Swashbuckler feat? It'd be a sidegrade: I wouldn't get access to the riposte side of it, ever, given that my BAB maxes at 4, but I'd be recovering martial focus instead and wouldn't need to deal with panache, which is (TBH) my main aim here, consolidating all her abilities under one system.
    Works for me. :p

Oh, one more thing from me too: I know you spoke of magic items needing to be used with caution, but are we allowed to purchase them? I'm looking at this guy in particular, though if you think it's listed too cheap I understand that.
    Yes, you can purchase them beforehand if you can afford them. Really, for something like that, you're only gonna stay wary if you're using it in front of one of those hellfire preachers. Otherwise most probably won't question it if you don't actually activate it in front of them. A lot of people don't know how to read magical auras, after all.
    -~DM~-
    Fairy Tales of the Occident
    A narrative-focused weird west campaign with ghosts and samurai and stuff.
    My Art!
    Currently Playing
    Clover - Cayden's Cheerful Company (IC)
    Evelyn Kristeva - Exploration of Yrannia (IC)
    Kazik - Prologue to the End (IC)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I'm getting further along in making my animal companion. The story behind Cinder is that she's a Clydesdale with a bit of Nightmare blood in her that makes her hellishly difficult to train, but Vogun helped raise her from a foal and worked hard to make her a proper steed for his lord. When his lord died in battle, his widow had a number of things she couldn't bear having around the house - largely, some of the surgical equipment that reminded her of why her husband went to war in the first place, and the beautiful black steed Cinder who'd seen him through it - so she gave them to Vogun to take away when he left the house.

...on to mechanical stuff. I've taken the Mount talent twice for Vogun, so he'll be starting with a 3 HD animal companion, and I would like to know how that interacts with the rule changes as was previously mentioned. Additionally, the Mount Talent replaces "share spells" with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat, but I'd like to ditch lame armor proficiency, given the setting, in favor of something that is less "training" and more "inheritance": I'd like to give up the armor in exchange for my horse counting as a native outsider, like just enough Nightmare blood to be more than an animal, but still decidedly of the material plane. It makes the horse special beyond being the animal companion of a special person, and seems like the kinda thing legends can be built around (which is what we're going for, if the title is any indication). The big potential issue here is...Outsider type grants Darkvision, and I know you were careful about which races get that.

EDIT: If it helps, I've been glancing through the Animal Companion archetypes, and one of the common things for "touched by some other creature type" ones is that while they can still be Handle Animal'd, the DC is 5 higher, which actually fits the story I had in mind. That penalty could help balance out the gains, if you're leery.

Edit 2: **** outsider HD are actually really good...hrm...
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-04-30 at 08:55 PM.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Equipment isnt completely locked in but otherwise Jesse is pretty much done.

He is a good boi I promise.

7. - Top - End - #217

OldWizardGuy

Tarathiel has reached mechanical completion, and has been granted an image and a vague personality. Loyalties will have to wait until he shows me what they are, as I write his backstory. For some reason, I can't get a 'film noir' style of history out of my head, but it's proving a struggle to write. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Finally, once it began to flow it kept on flowing. I do have a preference for writing backstory scenes over lists of events, so here ya go.

Spoiler: Tarathiel
    Show
    Tarathiel stands tall among Humans, though average for an Elf. He wears his silver hair pulled back in a tail, though it's usually covered by his brown fedora. Underneath his distant gaze he sports a large dark coat covering a clean vest, into which he keeps tucked an intricate silver pocketwatch with a gold design and gold chain. Though he carries no firearm, the way he holds his hand suggests it is no stranger to the pull of a trigger.

Tarathiel has several decades experience more than any Human he passes on the street, and he knows it. He keeps quiet, only chiming in when there's something worth saying, though that has as much to do with the caution required in his line of work as it does with his disdain for the oft-repeated petty squabbles and meaningless banter from those who should know better, even within their short lifetimes. His face is no stranger to a smile, but a laugh is a rare commodity from his tongue.

Tarathiel pulled the cap lower on his forehead to hide his face, even though he knew it didn't matter thanks to the cap's magic. From his hiding place in the alley across the way he watched carefully as the horses pulled up the the quiet door, and reminisced about what led him to this point. It seemed so long ago now that he had last seen his home city of Arim. Who was he kidding, it had been over 70 years, of course it felt that way. He hadn't exactly left on the best of terms, either. He shuddered as he remembered the blood on his shirt, the smell of gunpowder stinging his nose. He had to do it, for her sake, but he knew the law wouldn't see it that way, so he tried to cover it up. These things never stay covered up, however, and he was eventually found by the Miral. A cynical laugh almost escaped his lips for the briefest of moments. That was where it all began, wasn't it? He supposed he should be grateful that they saw potential in him, instead of snuffing him out like they did with the other criminals. Was it the tenacity with which he fought back, or his talent with magic? He still didn't know. Derion always claimed it was a 'gut feeling', but he wasn't here to ask. He owed his life to Derion, though it took a completely different direction after that.

Up ahead the door closed, and the childish figure that Tarathiel was disguised as shifted, watching the lights in the windows. Only a few minutes more. With a joyless smile, he thanked the tavern owner for his unknowing cooperation in this investigation. It hadn't been easy, getting him alone, but it was worth it for the information he was able to get. Not just the names, but the time and place of the deal? This was really too good. Slipping from his hiding place in the darkness of the night, he began climbing the building until he was at a good perch on the balcony. Almost time. He had been hunting this crime boss for weeks, always one step behind, unable to back him into a corner and pin him down. He thought he could escape justice by moving across the Vadum Sea and doing his work here, in the Union? He'd have to think again. The Miral's reach was farther than anyone knew. No one escaped justice, even those who escaped the law. Any who threatened the balance would be brought low, that's what Derion had taught him.

In his mind he felt a stirring, and he let his vision and hearing focus on it. The room, from the perspective of the tavern owner, came into sharp focus. Three men. They weren't using names, but the hierarchy was clear regardless. The tavern owner passed drinks around, and conversation paused a moment, before resuming. He was able to listen just long enough as his eyes and ears left the room to confirm which target it was, and to hear the conversation slip back to business. That wasn't what he had been looking for, however. Twisting his hand in a precise motion, Tarathiel plunged his hand into a gap in space and withdrew Maeglin. He barely took a moment to appreciate her beauty, but set right to work lining her up with where he had just seen the boss to be sitting. Just...so. He patiently waited, and was rewarded a few moments later with one more chance to see. The tavern owner had spilled that, too... he had his place to spy on the meeting that was taking place within his own walls, because who wouldn't?

The report rang across the street, sending a cat sprinting in the opposite direction, and causing lights to flare up in a few windows. He confirmed that his shot had rang true, then relinquished his grip on the weapon, letting it slide back into the void until he should need it again. Silently, he pulled out his pocketwatch watch and began the intricate motions that would hide him from onlookers. By the time anyone was looking into the street, he was already invisible and slipping away down an alley. A few blocks away, he'd return to his room and begin writing the report. The Miral would need to know the results.
    Last edited by The Kool; 2019-05-01 at 02:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

I will finish up my sheet one of these days. Just started a playtest so am in the 'swamped by comments' phase.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I think this should be all mechanic done:

Spoiler: Sheets
    Show
    Ashie
    Dwarf BlackSmith (2) NN
    HP 13|12 / 13|12 Speed ft Init 1
    AC 20 Fort 8 Ref 1 Will 5
    CMB +6 BAB +2
    Giant-Sticker, Dwarven, Masterwork +7 (, x2)
    Str 18 (4) Dex 12 (1) Con 20 (5) Wis 14 (2) Int 20 (5) Cha 11 (0)

Milly
    Horse Animal Companion (Racer) NN
    HP 7|6 / 7|6 Speed ft Init 1
    AC 18 Fort 5 Ref 4 Will 1
    CMB +6 BAB +2
    bite +4 (1d4+3, x2)
    hooves +4 (1d6+1, x2)
    Str 16 (3) Dex 13 (1) Con 15 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 2 (-4) Cha 6 (-2)

I got 1 $ left if we have to worry about a minor mundane item, like rope, bedroll, tent, etc.
    Added background and minor tweaks to Animal Companion to fit with the system mods.

Spoiler: Bio
    Show
    Borned and rested to be a Paladin of Fatherís Forge, Ashie hardly had a childhood. For the very beginning, she was trained in the way of the sword and hammer. She was strong and smart, but this wasn't enough. She hasn't made the cut for being a Gray Maiden. This was devastating for her, suddenly she had nowhere and no one to go to. She might be of above average might and wisdom but at that moment she felt incredible shame.

She did saw her staying where she lived so she moved. Nowhere perfectly just away. Her past life dragged behind her but she slowly learned to enjoy new found freedom. Even find herself interested is things unthinkable in order of Fatherís Forge. Then she heard, about the Salt City. With a fresh start, she could try and prove herself ones more and perhaps her newfound desires will be more accepted.
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    Equipment isnt completely locked in but otherwise Jesse is pretty much done.

He is a good boi I promise.
    Okay! Noted!

Tarathiel has reached mechanical completion, and has been granted an image and a vague personality. Loyalties will have to wait until he shows me what they are, as I write his backstory. For some reason, I can't get a 'film noir' style of history out of my head, but it's proving a struggle to write. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Finally, once it began to flow it kept on flowing. I do have a preference for writing backstory scenes over lists of events, so here ya go.

Spoiler: Tarathiel
    Show
    Tarathiel stands tall among Humans, though average for an Elf. He wears his silver hair pulled back in a tail, though it's usually covered by his brown fedora. Underneath his distant gaze he sports a large dark coat covering a clean vest, into which he keeps tucked an intricate silver pocketwatch with a gold design and gold chain. Though he carries no firearm, the way he holds his hand suggests it is no stranger to the pull of a trigger.

Tarathiel has several decades experience more than any Human he passes on the street, and he knows it. He keeps quiet, only chiming in when there's something worth saying, though that has as much to do with the caution required in his line of work as it does with his disdain for the oft-repeated petty squabbles and meaningless banter from those who should know better, even within their short lifetimes. His face is no stranger to a smile, but a laugh is a rare commodity from his tongue.

Tarathiel pulled the cap lower on his forehead to hide his face, even though he knew it didn't matter thanks to the cap's magic. From his hiding place in the alley across the way he watched carefully as the horses pulled up the the quiet door, and reminisced about what led him to this point. It seemed so long ago now that he had last seen his home city of Arim. Who was he kidding, it had been over 70 years, of course it felt that way. He hadn't exactly left on the best of terms, either. He shuddered as he remembered the blood on his shirt, the smell of gunpowder stinging his nose. He had to do it, for her sake, but he knew the law wouldn't see it that way, so he tried to cover it up. These things never stay covered up, however, and he was eventually found by the Miral. A cynical laugh almost escaped his lips for the briefest of moments. That was where it all began, wasn't it? He supposed he should be grateful that they saw potential in him, instead of snuffing him out like they did with the other criminals. Was it the tenacity with which he fought back, or his talent with magic? He still didn't know. Derion always claimed it was a 'gut feeling', but he wasn't here to ask. He owed his life to Derion, though it took a completely different direction after that.

Up ahead the door closed, and the childish figure that Tarathiel was disguised as shifted, watching the lights in the windows. Only a few minutes more. With a joyless smile, he thanked the tavern owner for his unknowing cooperation in this investigation. It hadn't been easy, getting him alone, but it was worth it for the information he was able to get. Not just the names, but the time and place of the deal? This was really too good. Slipping from his hiding place in the darkness of the night, he began climbing the building until he was at a good perch on the balcony. Almost time. He had been hunting this crime boss for weeks, always one step behind, unable to back him into a corner and pin him down. He thought he could escape justice by moving across the Vadum Sea and doing his work here, in the Union? He'd have to think again. The Miral's reach was farther than anyone knew. No one escaped justice, even those who escaped the law. Any who threatened the balance would be brought low, that's what Derion had taught him.

In his mind he felt a stirring, and he let his vision and hearing focus on it. The room, from the perspective of the tavern owner, came into sharp focus. Three men. They weren't using names, but the hierarchy was clear regardless. The tavern owner passed drinks around, and conversation paused a moment, before resuming. He was able to listen just long enough as his eyes and ears left the room to confirm which target it was, and to hear the conversation slip back to business. That wasn't what he had been looking for, however. Twisting his hand in a precise motion, Tarathiel plunged his hand into a gap in space and withdrew Maeglin. He barely took a moment to appreciate her beauty, but set right to work lining her up with where he had just seen the boss to be sitting. Just...so. He patiently waited, and was rewarded a few moments later with one more chance to see. The tavern owner had spilled that, too... he had his place to spy on the meeting that was taking place within his own walls, because who wouldn't?

The report rang across the street, sending a cat sprinting in the opposite direction, and causing lights to flare up in a few windows. He confirmed that his shot had rang true, then relinquished his grip on the weapon, letting it slide back into the void until he should need it again. Silently, he pulled out his pocketwatch watch and began the intricate motions that would hide him from onlookers. By the time anyone was looking into the street, he was already invisible and slipping away down an alley. A few blocks away, he'd return to his room and begin writing the report. The Miral would need to know the results.
    Np, looking pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I will finish up my sheet one of these days. Just started a playtest so am in the 'swamped by comments' phase.
    All good, you've got a good bit of time. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    Added background and minor tweaks to Animal Companion to fit with the system mods.

Spoiler: Bio
    Show
    Borned and rested to be a Paladin of Fatherís Forge, Ashie hardly had a childhood. For the very beginning, she was trained in the way of the sword and hammer. She was strong and smart, but this wasn't enough. She hasn't made the cut for being a Gray Maiden. This was devastating for her, suddenly she had nowhere and no one to go to. She might be of above average might and wisdom but at that moment she felt incredible shame.

She did saw her staying where she lived so she moved. Nowhere perfectly just away. Her past life dragged behind her but she slowly learned to enjoy new found freedom. Even find herself interested is things unthinkable in order of Fatherís Forge. Then she heard, about the Salt City. With a fresh start, she could try and prove herself ones more and perhaps her newfound desires will be more accepted.
    Okay!
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #221

ClericGuy

Alright, Doctor Silas Henry is ready to join all of you whippersnappers.
    Fluff is in the works (and depends on some of the answers to those questions below), but generally, Silas'll be a veteran of the Union's War of Independence, where he trained as a medic, and he's been in Salt City for a a few years now, working as a doctor for the many fortune seekers who get themselves injured.
    Crunch-wise, he's a scholar focused on healing with Medicine Training and the Alchemy Sphere, or buffing his allies with the Time Domain.

So, a few questions: How long ago was the Union's war for indepence? How old would the average veteran be? And how do normal citizens view veterans?

What would be the cost of a fountain pen? EDIT: Inkpens exist and are 1gp each. Oops.
    And just to ensure that I have the gold to dollars conversion right: 1gp converts to $0.10, right? For some reason, that's really been throwing me for a loop.

Would it be possible for me to craft my own healer's kits for cheaper than the listed 50gp? I don't think they're technically craftable otherwise. And would you consider allowing alchemical light sources from D&D3.5 like liquid sunlight or angel radiance?

Finally, how centered on Salt City do you feel the game will end up being? Would it be worth investing in things like a house with an Alchemist's Lab?
    Last edited by Nevershutup; 2019-05-02 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Links are important

12. - Top - End - #222

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Np, looking pretty good so far.
    So far? Does that mean something is missing? I thought I had it all this time.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Nevershutup View Post
    Alright, Doctor Silas Henry is ready to join all of you whippersnappers.
    Fluff is in the works (and depends on some of the answers to those questions below), but generally, Silas'll be a veteran of the Union's War of Independence, where he trained as a medic, and he's been in Salt City for a a few years now, working as a doctor for the many fortune seekers who get themselves injured.
    Crunch-wise, he's a scholar focused on healing with Medicine Training and the Alchemy Sphere, or buffing his allies with the Time Domain.
    Okay!

So, a few questions: How long ago was the Union's war for indepence? How old would the average veteran be? And how do normal citizens view veterans?
    Probably about a ~hundred years ago, a couple generations back at least. Veterans would be real old, if they're humans/merfolk, or dead if they're goblins. Dwarves/Aquatic Elves have longer lifespans so they're fine. Non-Aquatic Elves probably only started migrating to the Occident after the war.

The Hana-Union War, meanwhile, went on for about two-three years and ended about twenty years ago, resulting in a massive victory and border expansion for the Union. Unionists believe that it was started because the Empire moved into Union lands and started pushing settlers off, while the Empire is adamant that the lands already belonged to the Empire, which the settlers ignored and moved into anyway. Either way, the Union was the first to officially declare war.

What would be the cost of a fountain pen? EDIT: Inkpens exist and are 1gp each. Oops.
    And just to ensure that I have the gold to dollars conversion right: 1gp converts to $0.10, right? For some reason, that's really been throwing me for a loop.
    Yes.

Would it be possible for me to craft my own healer's kits for cheaper than the listed 50gp? I don't think they're technically craftable otherwise. And would you consider allowing alchemical light sources from D&D3.5 like liquid sunlight or angel radiance?
    Yeah I have noticed in the past that they're really expensive at first level, which is also the time that mundane healing is usually most effective. But it's not a specific item so much as a collection of them, so basic Craft skill is hard to justify. So, I'll say you can use your Profession skill to assemble relevant skill kits, though you'll have to get back to me on specific DCs for different kits. Basic healer's kits are DC 12 for Profession (Doctor/Physician/Healer/Herbalist/etc.), while masterwork are DC 20, as per crafting rules.

EDIT: I'm not familiar with those items, are the substantially different from a sunrod?

Finally, how centered on Salt City do you feel the game will end up being? Would it be worth investing in things like a house with an Alchemist's Lab?
    Uh, probably not incredibly. Most of the story is going to be just getting there. For what I have conceptualized so far, the PCs are probably going to get to Salt City sometime in the second half of the story, which is where I plan to start wrapping up plot elements/concluding character arcs/etc. So, if it's a goal for your character to open up a clinic or shop of some kind, you can probably still do so, it'll probably just be primarily for narrative purposes at that point.

So far? Does that mean something is missing? I thought I had it all this time.
    Ah, sorry, the way you phrased it made me think you were still in the process of writing it. Looks good, then, though I would still like to know why exactly Tarathiel is making his way to Salt City now. You can PM me if it's something you'd like to keep secret.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-05-02 at 11:37 AM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #224

OldWizardGuy

Ah, sorry, the way you phrased it made me think you were still in the process of writing it. Looks good, then, though I would still like to know why exactly Tarathiel is making his way to Salt City now. You can PM me if it's something you'd like to keep secret.
    Good point! I imagine that he's mostly left to his own devices for information gathering, and is occasionally sent some task or target. For a specific reason, maybe he misstepped recently and has to lay low for a while, so he's putting some distance between himself and civilization in a way that he can still be useful.

15. - Top - End - #225

ClericGuy

Okay!
    Yeah I have noticed in the past that they're really expensive at first level, which is also the time that mundane healing is usually most effective. But it's not a specific item so much as a collection of them, so basic Craft skill is hard to justify. So, I'll say you can use your Profession skill to assemble relevant skill kits, though you'll have to get back to me on specific DCs for different kits. Basic healer's kits are DC 12 for Profession (Doctor/Physician/Healer/Herbalist/etc.), while masterwork are DC 20, as per crafting rules.

EDIT: I'm not familiar with those items, are the substantially different from a sunrod?
    What would the cost of a basic healer's kit be? I only know of the one that grants a +2 bonus and costs 50gp.

Liquid Sunlight is an alchemical item from 3.5 that glows as a torch and can be used as a sling bullet against light-sensitive creatures. I'm mostly interested in the light aspect because I'm cheap and it seems like a magical light source might not be a good idea. It costs 20gp and is a DC 30 Craft (Alchemy) check to create (meaning that I would have to buy it). It's from Complete Scoundrel.

16. - Top - End - #226

What would the cost of a basic healer's kit be? I only know of the one that grants a +2 bonus and costs 50gp.

Liquid Sunlight is an alchemical item from 3.5 that glows as a torch and can be used as a sling bullet against light-sensitive creatures. I'm mostly interested in the light aspect because I'm cheap and it seems like a magical light source might not be a good idea. It costs 20gp and is a DC 30 Craft (Alchemy) check to create (meaning that I would have to buy it). It's from Complete Scoundrel.
    Sorry, that was the healer's kit I was talking about. There are other more specialized kits that use the heal skill that you can also craft (e.g. antidote kit, surgery kit, etc.) but I haven't worked out the DCs for those yet. Also, technically a sunrod is also an alchemical item. I know that's splitting hairs but it would fall under the chemistry side of alchemy moreso than the magical, and if there's ever a situation where someone's going to be suspicious of one, they're probably going to be suspicious of the other as well. If you wanted you could take it in more shapes than just rod form though.

Good point! I imagine that he's mostly left to his own devices for information gathering, and is occasionally sent some task or target. For a specific reason, maybe he misstepped recently and has to lay low for a while, so he's putting some distance between himself and civilization in a way that he can still be useful.
    Okay!
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #227

ClericGuy

Sorry, that was the healer's kit I was talking about. There are other more specialized kits that use the heal skill that you can also craft (e.g. antidote kit, surgery kit, etc.) but I haven't worked out the DCs for those yet. Also, technically a sunrod is also an alchemical item. I know that's splitting hairs but it would fall under the chemistry side of alchemy moreso than the magical, and if there's ever a situation where someone's going to be suspicious of one, they're probably going to be suspicious of the other as well. If you wanted you could take it in more shapes than just rod form though.
    Alright, fair enough.

So, the Amateur Chronomancy Knack for the Scholar class does not specifically call out having the focus casting drawback, despite it being treated as the Casting class feature in this case and having a more severe penalty for loss of your time piece. Should I just not worry about trying to put that drawback onto Silas officially since he basically already has it? And can he have a casting tradition?

18. - Top - End - #228

Alright, fair enough.

So, the Amateur Chronomancy Knack for the Scholar class does not specifically call out having the focus casting drawback, despite it being treated as the Casting class feature in this case and having a more severe penalty for loss of your time piece. Should I just not worry about trying to put that drawback onto Silas officially since he basically already has it? And can he have a casting tradition?
    Huh, I didn't know about those knacks. That's pretty neat. By RAW it treats having Amateur Chronomancy as gaining your first level in a casting class, so I think it'll be alright to take a tradition, although it also seems as though the intent is also that the magic comes from the device itself rather than the user? So I'm not sure how it overlaps exactly. I'll get back to you on that one.

@stack did you write this one? :p
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-05-02 at 04:32 PM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait there are other healers hits? Because I got Medic Satchel that is like very cool healers kit, and I will likely be crafting more if there are other healing related kits I will be making them in the future, preferably making them refill daily like Medic Satchel to reduce bookkeeping.
    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2019-05-03 at 02:06 AM.

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, I didn't know about those knacks. That's pretty neat. By RAW it treats having Amateur Chronomancy as gaining your first level in a casting class, so I think it'll be alright to take a tradition, although it also seems as though the intent is also that the magic comes from the device itself rather than the user? So I'm not sure how it overlaps exactly. I'll get back to you on that one.

@stack did you write this one? :p
    I contributed a few things to the Time handbook, but that wasn't one of them. Ssalarn checks the AMA thread somewhat regularly, so could give clarification.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I contributed a few things to the Time handbook, but that wasn't one of them. Ssalarn checks the AMA thread somewhat regularly, so could give clarification.
    Ah, okay, I wasn't aware of that for some reason. :p
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #232

ClericGuy

Well, for now I went with Silas having the ability to manipulate time through a timepiece he assembles due to some cult-y happenings in his youth. That can change easily enough, however, and unless he is allowed to take a casting tradition, he is done.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Any idea when do we start?

PS: I do not believe I got my sheet finished for a while.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Say, for future reference, is there any way for a non-Gunslinger to get the Utility Shot deed, or something similar to it? I feel like it would be on-theme for my character.

Also are the Epic feats from the P6 document going to be available once we pass the threshold? Just double-checking for future build possibilities, I hadn't seen them mentioned anywhere. (I assume the Extra Investigator Talent will be limited to 4 like the Extra Rogue Talent feat)
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

So I found this for blasting open locks! This might work for moving objects? No idea for stopping bleeding, and no idea on how to get the actual ability!
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-05-04 at 02:09 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

26. - Top - End - #236

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illogictree View Post
    Say, for future reference, is there any way for a non-Gunslinger to get the Utility Shot deed, or something similar to it? I feel like it would be on-theme for my character.

Also are the Epic feats from the P6 document going to be available once we pass the threshold? Just double-checking for future build possibilities, I hadn't seen them mentioned anywhere. (I assume the Extra Investigator Talent will be limited to 4 like the Extra Rogue Talent feat)
    Our DM mentioned that those classes without class-themed 'capstone' feats would have them homebrewed when the time comes.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Can I lose the Light Armor Proficiency granted to my animal companion by the Mount talent in exchange for some other feat the animal could take? Additionally, while I don't expect it to ever come up or matter mechanically, due to a history of training and service working alongside military units and being smarter than the average horse (Int 3, Precocious template), can my horse have background skills for K (Nobility) and Perform (Dance)? They're the closest I can get to what amounts to "recognizes and acts better around ranked military" and "can march in parade correctly".
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

28. - Top - End - #238

OldWizardGuy

I like the idea of Kn: Nobility, but I might suggest Perform: Parade? If it's hardly relevant, you might as well get flavorful

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

I like the idea of Kn: Nobility, but I might suggest Perform: Parade? If it's hardly relevant, you might as well get flavorful
    I didn't see that one on the list. Still don't see it, actually, but that sounds perfect if this idea gets approved.

Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #240

OldWizardGuy

I was always under the impression that Craft, Perform, and Profession weren't restricted to a set list and provided opportunities for players to be creative...