Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Interest? Eclipse Phase (1st Edition, 4th Prinitng)

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnSolaris View Post
    Also, I wanted to check, since I just remembered I can set my own server. How do you guys feel about Discord? Do you like it better than handling things on the boards here, about the same, or less?
    Quote Originally Posted by jolinaxas View Post
    I'm certainly pro-discord, makes OOC business much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
    I'd prefer to use these boards.
    I would use Discord mostly for OOC stuff, and maybe voice chat. I think there's something to be said about the notices that Discord gives, over this site.
    I'd honestly prefer these boards. I only use Discord for a rare few um.... 'hobby-chats' with a fursona of mine ^^;
    And it's honestly not hard to keep up with things on the forum here. Make a bookmark of page one and check if there's an indicator of new posts once or twice a day. It's not that hard.
    Discord is fine as long as it's not all the OOC, because I'd still like to be able to post my charactersheet somewhere, be able to do OOC rolls, for example knowledge-based checks BEFORE posting ICly so I know if it's even something my characters knows about.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

That doesn't even touch on my problem. When I'm doing stuff on here I'm checking 50 + times a day to check if there's anything new so I can hopefully answer. Unless, I'm asleep or doing work. With Discord, I know there's something new, and i can get to it in a timely fashion without being paranoid about it. If that makes sense.

That little ding, and notification window just makes me feel at ease.

That goes outside of GITP, though, email/work email, time, voicemail, that thing I was supposed to do earlier, I just checked but I better check again, and again, and again.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-15 at 03:20 AM.
    Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
    Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

The King In Yellow - Robert W. Chambers

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Don't you need a skillsoft implant to run it though?
    You have to have the skillwire (or whatever it's called in this system,) implant.

The skillwire has a capacity of 100, you could feasibly get three skills at 30. Or two at 35, and one at 30. It's extra creds, I've used it for combat skills a few times.
    I think that's unless you run as an Infomorph.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Yeah, they come with the ability innately. Still have to pay for the skillware, your slotting. Atleast, during character creation.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

That doesn't even touch on my problem. When I'm doing stuff on here I'm checking 50 + times a day to check if there's anything new so I can hopefully answer. Unless, I'm asleep or doing work. With Discord, I know there's something new, and i can get to it in a timely fashion without being paranoid about it. If that makes sense.

That little ding, and notification window just makes me feel at ease.

That goes outside of GITP, though, email/work email, time, voicemail, that thing I was supposed to do earlier, I just checked but I better check again, and again, and again.
    Sounds like an addiction if you feel at ease from the ding. like tech-addiction.
    Just kidding tho, I know what you mean. It's not fun to miss out of something because a notifier doesn't pop that info up as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Yup, just checked. Infomorphs (page 141, Transhuman) can buy Skillware as upgrades and doesn't even need to Skillwire thing first. Makes sense since they are literally software to begin with.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm not sure on that one, as it says physical augmentations, and the skill data and the aug itself are two separate things.
    That said, even if you do have to buy the aug as an upgrade, which is how i'm understanding it, in game, i think you'd technically be able to get it added for free through networking. Like a lot of the equipment. Which on one hand, I get why they made people use credits during char gen, but on the other when you start playing the game you can get damn near anything for free, or a favor.

But, your slotting data into data, without really the need to deal with any meat. So, I think them having you buy the aug is a balance thing.

And you joke, but honestly I wish we had ectos and muses. That would take so much anxiety out of my life.

At, any rate, I just got off of work, so I'm going to eat and then go to sleep. Catch you guys on the flipside.

Also, have a questionnaire set up again, should have most of the formatting done, so it will be a simple copy-paste job.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-15 at 03:48 AM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure on that one, as it says physical augmentations, and the skill data and the aug itself are two separate things.
    That said, even if you do have to buy the aug as an upgrade, which is how i'm understanding it, in game, i think you'd technically be able to get it added for free through networking. Like a lot of the equipment. Which on one hand, I get why they made people use credits during char gen, but on the other when you start playing the game you can get damn near anything for free, or a favor.

But, your slotting data into data, without really the need to deal with any meat. So, I think them having you buy the aug is a balance thing.

And you joke, but honestly I wish we had ectos and muses. That would take so much anxiety out of my life.

At, any rate, I just got off of work, so I'm going to eat and then go to sleep. Catch you guys on the flipside.

Also, have a questionnaire set up again, should have most of the formatting done, so it will be a simple copy-paste job.
    I sprained my ankle yesterday mid-dinnermaking so is home sick rest of the week so I can rest it and avoid feeling like I'm walking on bone.

Where is the questionnaire?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Saved on my notepad. I'll have to copy-paste it on here.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I wanted to check, since I just remembered I can set my own server. How do you guys feel about Discord? Do you like it better than handling things on the boards here, about the same, or less?
    I'm fine with either Discord or GitP forums for ooc. I prefer GitP for IC though

I'm not sure on where you guys are specifically starting, a have a few mission ideas. I'm currently deciding which one I want to start with.

Our solar system, and we have some defined roles. I need to make a new list when everyone is done. In fact.

@All Roll-Call, where are you at on character creation, and what role did you go with?

And, how do you feel about Discord?
    I'm still here, still working on my Lunar infiltrator. Should be done tonight.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would prefer those forums to Discord, personally :P
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2019-05-15 at 10:40 AM.
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

As I said it would mostly be for OOC stuff. And maybe a place to share links/guides and generally bull****.
    And it's free, and mobile.

In other news, who knew Posthuman Studios was looking for writers? I wish I had seen that, I would have made a full portfolio. It looks like it was back in October of last year, so they've probably found someone.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-15 at 04:19 PM.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

As I said it would mostly be for OOC stuff. And maybe a place to share links/guides and generally bull****.
    And it's free, and mobile.

In other news, who knew Posthuman Studios was looking for writers? I wish I had seen that, I would have made a full portfolio. It looks like it was back in October of last year, so they've probably found someone.
    As long as it doesn't replace anything, im fine with discord also being there.

Btw when do we get to see the questionnaire? :)
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I should start the transfer tonight. And then I'll probably go silent for a few days because I need to shift to working on Shadowrun stuff.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I would prefer something other than Discord.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Like what? Other than some privacy issues, that I have myself. But, hardly anythings secure these days. What are your problems.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-15 at 09:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm finished! A lot of shuffling points around in the final stages to get +5 INT, but it worked out in the end.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Ego/ID
    Spoiler
    Show

Player: bc56
    Character: Slake
    Concept: Freelance thief and saboteur
    Background: Colony tech staff 1
    Faction: Lunar 3
    Focus & Customization: Covert Ops 5, Computer training 1
    Morph: Gargoyle
    Gender Identity: Male
    Actual Age: 56
    Current Moxie Points: 3/3
    REZ Points: 0
    Motivations: +Thrill Seeking, +Personal Career, -TITAN tech
    Credits: 11100
    Backup Notes: One month of backup insurance, one backup

Ego Traits (Pro/Con):

Adaptability (Level 2)
    Resleeving is a breeze for this character. They adjust to new morphs much more quickly than most other people. Apply a +10 modifier per level for Integration Tests (p. 271) and Alienation Tests (p. 272).

Danger Sense
    The character has an intuitive sixth sense that warns them of imminent threats. They receive a +10 modifier on Surprise Tests (p.*204).

Pain Tolerance (Level 1)
    The character has a high threshold for pain tolerance and is better at ignoring the effects of pain on their abilities and concentration. Level 1 allows them to ignore the –10 modifier from 1 wound. Level 2 allows them to ignore the –10 modifiers from 2 wounds.

----------------

Black Mark (Level 1 - Argonaut)
    At some point in the character’s past, they managed to do something that earned a black mark on their reputation. For some reason, no matter what they do, this black mark cannot be shaken off and continues to haunt their interactions. In game terms, the character picks one faction. Every time they interact with this faction (such as a Networking Test) or with an NPC from this faction (Social Skill Tests) who knows the character, they suffer a –10 modifier per level.

Edited Memories
    At some point in the character’s past, the character had certain memories strategically removed or
    otherwise lost to them. This may have been done to intentionally forget an unpleasant or shameful experience or to make a break with the past. The memory may also have been lost by an unexpected death (with no recent backup), or it may have been erased against the character’s will. Whatever the case, the memory should bear some importance, and there should exist either evidence of what happened or NPCs who know the full story. This is a tool the gamemaster can use to haunt the character at some future point with ghosts from their past.

Errant Fork
    Whether through conscious action or a freak occur-
    rence, you are not the only you out there. An alpha
    fork of yourself exists and has decided to pursue its own path. Though this fork is not necessarily an
    enemy, it does have its own agenda and interests that sometimes run counter to your own. There may be legal issues involved, such as competing
    claims over who is the original alpha and therefore has rights to any property (or in some jurisdictions, the right to exist). There may be social awkwardness, as the division between you and your alpha forced you to compete over your friends, family, or even lovers. Though the alpha fork began with the same aptitudes, skills, traits, rep, and so on as yourself, it has diverged and begun to develop as a separate character, controlled by the gamemaster. Other complications in the relationship between these alphas should exist, enough that the other alpha should serve as an occasional hindrance or surprise. The alphas may, for example, have a strong rivalry going over their shared field of expertise or may simply feel a need to prove themselves better than the other.

On the Run (Cognite)
    The character is wanted by the authorities of a particular habitat/station or faction, who continue to actively search for the character. They either committed a crime or somehow displeased someone in power. The character deals with that faction in question at their own risk and may occasionally be forced to deal with bounty hunters.

Aptitudes
    Spoiler
    Show

COG
    Base: 20
    Morph Bonus: +0
    Total: 20

COO

INT
    Base: 15
    Morph Bonus: +5

REF
    Total: 15

SAV

SOM

WIL

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

MOX: 3

LUC(WILx2): 30

TT(LUC/5): 6

IR(LUCx2): 60

DUR(From Morph): 35

WT(DUR/5): 7

DR(Biomorph: DURx1.5, Synthmorph: DURx2): 70

INIT((INT+REF)/5): 7

SPD: 1

DBSOM/10: 2

DAMAGE & STRESS
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage: 0
    Wounds: 0
    Stress: 0
    Trauma: 0

Primary Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor: Built-in morph combat armor: 20/18

Melee Weapon
    Weapon: Cyberclaws (+pneumatic limbs)
    Skill: Unarmed Combat (60)
    AP: -2
    DV: 2d10+7
    Notes:

Ranged Weapon
    Weapon: Medium railgun pistol
    Skill: Kinetic Weapons
    AP: -5
    DV: 2d10+4
    Modes: SA/BF/FA
    Ammo: 100 rounds, 12 per clip
    Range: 15/45/75/105
    Notes: Can only use standard and AP rounds

Active Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

Climbing (Som): 50
    Aptitude: 15
    Morph bonus: 5

Demolitions (Cog): 50
    Aptitude: 20
    Morph bonus: 0

Fray (Ref): 50

Free Fall (Ref): 45

Free Running (Som): 70
    Morph bonus: 25

Hardware: Industrial (Cog): 60

Infiltration (Coo): 70

Infosec (Cog): 60

Interfacing (Cog): 50

Kinesics (Sav): 45

Kinetic Weapons (Coo): 60

Networking: Firewall (Sav): 45

Networking: Hypercorps (Sav): 55

Palming (Coo): 50

Perception (Int): 45

Programming (Cog): 50

Protocol (Sav): 45

Unarmed Combat (Som): 60

Knowledge Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

Academics: Pre-Fall History (Cog): 65

Art: Simulspace Design (Int): 60

Interest: Old Earth Relics (Cog): 50

Interest: Weapons (Cog): 50

Language: English (Int): 80

Language: Hindi (Int): 60

Language: Mandarin (Int): 60

Profession: Habitat Operations (Cog): 65

Profession: Security Operations (Cog): 60

Profession: Squad Tactics (Cog): 50

Show

@-Rep: 0
    C-Rep: 80
    E-Rep: 0
    F-Rep: 0
    G-Rep: 0
    I-Rep: 60
    R-Rep: 0

Gear
    Spoiler
    Show

Backups
    Backup
    A single, one-time backup without insurance is sometimes all the poor can afford, hoping that they can buy backup insurance later or that someone that cared about them will see to a resleeving.

Backup insurance (1 month)
    In the event of verifiable death, or after a set period of being missing, backup insurance will arrange for your cortical stack to be retrieved and your ego downloaded into another morph. If the cortical stack cannot be retrieved, your most recent backup is used. Most policies require that the holder provide a backup to be uploaded into secure storage at least twice a year. This industry works in a manner similar to insurance underwriting in terms of cost and individuals engaged in high risk professions can expect to pay a premium for the service. Additionally, attempts to retrieve a cortical stack are minimal unless one wants to pay for some extra effort (a thriving industry of paramilitary ego-repo operatives exists for this purpose).

Blueprints
    Armor piercing bullets for medium railgun pistol
    Arm slide
    Chameleon cloak
    Fiber optic cable
    Light body armor
    Medium railgun pistol
    Regular bullets for medium railgun pistol
    Scrapper's gel
    Shock gloves
    Superthermite Charge

Communication Gear
    Fiberoptic cable
    Fiberoptic cables are used to establish wired connections between two devices. Given the ubiquity of radios and the tangled mess wires cause, they are typically only used for privacy (unlike radio communication, fiberoptic signals may not be intercepted) or in areas with heavy radio interference.

Low-capacity qubit reservoir
    Low-capacity qubit reservoirs can be used for 10 hours of high-resolution video conferencing or meshbrowsing and 100 hours of voice or text only communications.

Portable QE communicator
    This is a handheld FTL communications device. The actual communications unit can be made as small as desired, but must be large enough to connect to or hold a qubit reservoir. Because qubit reservoirs are relatively large and must be replaced, they are rarely implanted. Some miniature farcasters are designed so that users can also attach qubit reservoirs to enable them to be used for both light speed and FTL communication.

Digital Gear
    Anonymous Account
    These accounts are crucial for anyone who wants to be discreet with their online transactions. See Anonymous Account Services, p.*253.

Exploit Software
    Exploits are hacker tools that take advantage of known vulnerabilities in other software. They are required for intrusion attempts (p.*254).

Fake Ego ID
    This forged ID will pass in most inner system and Jovian Republic habitats, and sometimes others.

Sniffer software
    Sniffer programs collect all of the transmission that pass to, from, or through the device they are running on. See Sniffing, p.*252.

Tacnet software
    These programs allow people in the same squad to share tactical data in real-time. See Tactical Networks, p.*205.

Tracking software
    This software is used to track people by their presence online. See Scanning, Tracking, *and Monitoring, p.*251.

Stealth Gear
    Chameleon cloak
    This loose, poncho-like cloak contains a network of sensors that perceive wavelengths from microwave to ultra-violet. A similar network of miniature emitters precisely replicate the information its sensors receive, making the wearer seem transparent to those wavelengths. A chameleon cloak allows a character to effectively become invisible as long as they are stationary or not moving faster than a slow walk. When worn by someone moving faster, the cloak still provides a +30 modifier to Infiltration Tests to avoid being seen or noticed.Chameleon cloaks are not effective against radar, x-ray, or gamma-ray sensors. They do hide the character from thermal infrared, however, by absorbing the character’s body heat into its heat sink. The cloak can only absorb a character’s body heat for one hour before it must emit this heat. Heat emission also requires one hour, during which time the character is easily visible in the thermal infrared spectrum.

Dazzler
    The dazzler is a tiny laser system set on a rotating ball. When activated, it consistently spins and emits laser pulses in all directions. These laser pulses are not dangerous, but they detect the lenses of camera systems (including specs, viewers, and bot/synthmorph sensors) and repeatedly zap them with laser pulses of varying strength to overload and dazzle them. For as long as a dazzler is active, any camera system (visual, infrared, and ultraviolet) within line of sight and within 200 meters is blinded.

Nanotech
    Cleaner swarm and hive
    This nanoswarm cleans, polishes, and removes dirt and stains. It may be used on an area, specific objects, or people. Some facilities employ permanent cleaner swarms to keep their area spotless. Cleaners may also be programmed to remove specific toxins, chemicals, or other hazardous substances in order to decontaminate an area. Covert operatives and criminals sometimes use cleaners to eliminate any evidence they may have left at a scene usable for forensics purposes, such as blood, hair, or anything that could be DNA-typed.

Fixer swarm and hive
    This is the nanoswarm version of repair spray (p.*333) .

Guardian swarm
    Guardians watch for and attack other unauthorized swarms. Guardians inflict 1d10 ÷ 2 damage (round up) on other swarms they come into contact with per Action Turn.

Nanodetector
    Nanodetectors are small devices that suck in air and micro debris in order to scan for and detect nanobots. Given that nanobots are so small, the density of nanobots in the area has a large impact on its success. The nanodetector has a base skill of 30 for detecting nanobots, modified by +30 if an active nanoswarm or hive is present, +0 if a nanoswarm or hive was active recently, and –10 for the presence of nanobots outside of a swarm or hive. Once a nanobot is detected it may be analyzed either by the user or the nanodetector’s AI, using Academics: Nanotechnology 30 skill. Nanodetectors are often worn and left on, set to alert the user if a hostile nanoswarm is detected.

Utility Gear
    Fabber
    Fabbers are specialized nanofabricators, portable and considerably smaller than CMs. There are a wide variety of portable fabbers, including ones that can make any hand tool or small piece of personal electronics, ones that can turn any organic material into food and drink, and ones that can create any drug or medicine as well as bandages and specialized dressings. The most common fabbers have a volume of 4 liters. Larger hand tools and devices are produced as 2 or 3 separate parts that must be fitted together. Like CMs, fabbers also contain miniature disposal units.

Industrial kit
    Tools come in kits (portable), shops (can fit into a large vehicle), and facilities (large, non-mobile). Each set of tools applies to a particular skill, such as Hardware: Electronics or Hardware: Groundraft.

Weapons
    Medium railgun pistol
    AP -5, DV 2d10+4, SA, BF, FA, range 15/45/75/105, 12 ammo per clip. 1 battery (200 shots), 1 nuclear battery (recharge every 5 hours), and 100 regular bullets.

Scrapper's gel (2)
    This goo turns into a potent acid when given an electrical charge. It comes in a gel-like state and may be smeared like jelly, and may even be used in space. In acid form, scrapper’s gel does 1d10 + 5 DV per Action Turn to anything it touches for 3 turns, unless the material has been treated against acid. Armor will protect against this acid at first, but the acid will eat through the armor, so that it will no longer protect after its full armor value has been reached.

Superthermite charge (3)
    These powerful and highly stable demolition charges are made from a combination of nanometals and metal oxides. A single charge can be used to create an explosive blast inflicting 2d10+5 damage. This charge can be shaped with a successful Demolitions Test, focusing the blast in a particular 90-degree direction (for example, to blow through a door). This triples the damage of the blast in the focused direction; in all other directions, the damage is reduced to 1/3rd (round down). Multiple charges apply a cumulative effect.

Muse Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Conscience
    Vocal/Simulated Gender: Male
    AI Type: Muse

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

COG: 10
    COO: 10
    INT: 20
    REF: 10
    SAV: 10
    SOM: 10
    WIL: 10

Skills & Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Academics: Chemistry (Cog): 50
    Aptitude: 10

Academics: Psychology (Cog): 65

Hardware: Electronics (Cog): 40

Infosec (Cog): 40

Profession: Accounting (Cog): 65

Profession: Appraisal (Cog): 50

Profession: Forensics (Cog): 50

Programming (Cog): 30

Research (Cog): 40

Perception (Int): 50

Morph Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Basic Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Morph Type: Gargoyle
    Sex/Visible Gender: n/a
    Visible Age: n/a

Aptitude Bonuses
    Spoiler
    Show

COG: +0
    COO: +0
    INT: +5
    REF: +0
    SAV: +0
    SOM: +5
    WIL: +0

Morph Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Aptitude Max: 30 (25 Som)
    Speed Mod: 0
    Movement Rate/Mobility System: Walker 4/20
    Durability: 35
    Wound Threshold 7

Positive & Negative Traits/Advantages & Disadvantages
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor
    The morph has an armor rating of 6/6

-----------------------

Reduced Size
    This trait reduces the size of an existing morph model from either large to medium or medium to small (morphs may only be reduced once). Morphs shrunk to a medium size lose the effects of the Large Size trait (next page) and 10 points of Durability. Morphs reduced to a small size gain the effects of the Small Size trait (p. 95) and lose 5 points of Durability. Durability reductions also effect Wound Threshold and Death Rating per normal. Reducing a morph may affect other changes at the gamemaster’s discretion.

Implants/Enhancements/Customizations
    Spoiler
    Show

360° Vision
    The shell’s visual sensors are situated for a 360-degree field of vision.

Access Jacks
    Usually located in the base of the skull or neck, this implant is an external socket with a direct neural interface. It allows the character to establish a direct wired connection using a fiberoptic cable to external devices or other characters, which can be useful in places where wireless links are unreliable or complete privacy is required. Two characters linked via access jack can “speak” mind-to-mind and transfer information between their mesh inserts and other implants. All synthmorphs have these by default.

Antiglare
    This visual mod eliminates penalties for glare.

Chameleon Skin
    The morph’s skin is augmented with complex chromatophores so that it changes color like the skin of a chameleon or an octopus. The morph can match the appearance of almost any color and most patterns. This provides a +20 modifier to Infiltration Tests to avoid being seen or noticed, as long as the character is stationary or not moving faster than a slow walk. The character must be nude or wearing smart clothing (p.*325) of the same color/pattern. If incompletely camouflaged, or if moving
    faster, reduce the modifier to +10. In addition to blending in, the character can also consciously change the color and pattern of their skin to deliberately stand out (+20 on Perception Tests to notice) or simply to produce attractive or interesting colors or patterns

Chemical Sniffer
    This sensor detects molecules in the air and analyzes their chemical composition. It enables Chemistry Tests to determine the presence of gases, including toxins and other fumes. It can also detect the presence of explosives and firearms.

Cortical Stack
    A cortical stack is a tiny cyberware data storage unit protected within a synthdiamond case the size of a grape, implanted at the base of the skull where the brain stem and spinal cord connect. It contains a digital backup of that character’s ego. Part nanoware, the implant maintains a network of nanobots that monitor synaptic connections and brain architecture, noting any changes and updating the ego backup in real time, right up to the moment of death. If the character dies, the cortical stack can be recovered and they may be restored from the backup (see Resleeving, p.*270). Cortical stacks do not have external or wireless access (for security), they must be surgically removed (see Retrieving a Cortical Stack, p.*268). Cortical stacks are extremely durable, requiring special effort to damage or destroy. They are commonly recovered from bodies that have otherwise been pulped or mangled. Cortical stacks are intentionally isolated from mesh inserts and other implants, as a security measure to prevent hacking or external tampering.

Cyberbrain
    Cybernetic brains are where the ego (or controlling AI) resides in synthmorphs and pods. Modeled on biological brains, cyberbrains have a holistic architecture and serve as the command node and central processing point for sensory input and decision-making. Only one ego or AI may “inhabit” a cyberbrain at a time; to accommodate extras, mesh inserts (p.*300) or a ghostrider module (p.*307) must be used. Since cyberbrains store memories digitally, they have the equivalent of mnemonic augmentation (p.* 307). They also have a built-in puppet sock (p.*307) and may be remote-controlled, though this option may be removed by those who value their security. Cyberbrains are vulnerable to cyberbrain hacking (p.*261) and other forms of electronic infiltration/attack. Cyberbrains come equipped with two or more pairs of external access jacks (p.*306), usually located at the base of the skull, which allow for direct wired connections.

Cyberclaws
    The bones on the back of the morph’s hand are bonded to smart material claws. These claws can extend through concealed ports in the morph’s skin and extend 6 inches past the morph’s knuckles. These razor-sharp weapons inflict 1d10*+*3*+*(SOM *÷*10) damage and have an AP of *–2. If combined with eelware (p.*304), they can also inflict electric shocks. Likewise, cyberclaws can also deliver poison or nanotoxins secreted from a poison gland (p.*305) or implanted nanotoxins.

Enhanced Hearing
    The morph’s ears are enhanced to hear both higher and lower frequency sounds—the range of sounds they can hear is twice that of normal human ears see Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302. In addition, their hearing is considerably more sensitive, allowing them to hear sounds as if they were five times closer than they are. A character with this augmentation can easily overhear even a softly spoken conversation at another table in a small restaurant. This augmentation provides a +20 modifier to all Perception Tests involving hearing.

Enhanced Smell
    The morph’s sense of smell is equal to that of a bloodhound. The user can identify both chemicals and individuals by smell and can track people and chemically reactive objects by odor as long as the trail was made within the last several hours and has not been obscured. The character can also gain a general sense of the emotions and health of any character within 5 meters (+20 to Perception or Kinesics Tests to do so)

Enhanced Vision
    The morph’s eyes have tetrachromatic vision capable of exceptional color differentiation. These eyes can also see the electromagnetic spectrum from terahertz wave frequencies to gamma rays, enabling them to see a total of several dozen colors, instead of the seven ordinary human eyes can perceive. In addition, these eyes have a variable focus equivalent to 5 power magnifiers or binoculars. This augmentation provides a +20 modifier to all Perception Tests involving vision. For further applica-
    tions, see Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

Hidden Compartment
    The shell has a concealed aperture for a shielded interior compartment, ideal for storing valuables or smuggling contraband. Apply a –30 modifier to detect this compartment either manually or with sensor scans.

Lidar
    This sensor emits laser light and measures the reflections to judge range, speed, and image the target. See Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

Light Combat Armor
    The synthmorph’s frame is protected by armor designed for policing and security duties. This increases the bot’s built-in Armor by +14/+12.

Magnetic System
    A magnetic system allows the shell to cling to most ferrous materials. This enables the character to walk in zero-G situations by magnetically adhering surfaces, hang upside down, and hold onto devices without letting them drop or drift away. The shell receives a +30 modifier whenever maintaining a magnetic hold on something.

Medichines
    This is the most common form of nanoware. These nanobots monitor the user’s body at a cellular level and fix any problems that arise. Medichines eliminate most diseases, drugs, and toxins (but not nanodrugs or nanotoxins) before they can do more than minor harm to the host (see Drug Effects, p.*318). If desired, the user can temporarily override this protection to permit intoxication or other effects, but unless the character activates a second specially labeled override, medichines prevent the toxins from accumulating to lethal or permanently harmful levels. In this case, they can also be activated at a later point to reduce a drug or toxin’s remaining duration by half.
    Medichines allow the character to ignore the effects of 1 wound. They also speed normal healing as noted under see Biomorph Healing, p.* 208. If the user suffers 5 or more wounds at once, or more than 6 wounds in an hour, the damage has exceeded the medichines’ ability to repair. In this case, the medichines place the character into a medical stasis, where their mind and body are perfectly preserved, but where the character cannot act in any way. Under these circumstances the medichines also send out a priority call for emergency services via the character’s mesh inserts.
    Medichines for synthmorphs and bots consist of nanobots that monitor and repair the shell’s integrity and internal system functions. Note that the synthmorph version of medichines allows the synthmorph to self-repair in the same manner by which a biomorph with medichines would naturally heal (p.*208).

Mesh Inserts
    Mesh inserts are ubiquitous among modern morphs. This network of cybernetic brain implants is essential equipment for anyone who wants to stay connected and make full use of the wireless mesh. The interconnected components of this system include:
    • Cranial Computer: This computer serves as the hub for the character’s personal area network and is home to their muse (p.*264). It has all of the functions of a smartphone and PDA, acting as a media player, meshbrowser, alarm clock/calendar, positioning and map system, address book, advanced calculator, file storage system, search engine, social networking client, messaging program, and note pad. It manages the user’s augmented reality input and can run any software the character desires (see Software, p.*331). It also processes XP data, allowing the user to experience other people’s recorded memories, and also allowing the user to share their own XP sensory input with others in real time. Facial/image recognition and encryption software (p.*331) are included by default.
    • Radio Transceiver: This transceiver connects the user to the mesh and other characters/devices within range. It has an effective range of 20 kilometers in deep space or other locations far from radio interference and 1 kilometer in crowded habitats.
    • Medical Sensors: This array of implants monitors the user’s medical status, including heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, temperature, neural activity, and much more. A sophisticated medical diagnostic system interprets the data and warns the user of any concerns or dangers.
    Using any of these functions is as easy as thinking.

Mnemonic Augmentation
    A character with this augmentation and a cortical stack can access digital recordings of all of the sensory data they have experienced in XP format (and they may share these recordings with others). Mnemonic augmentation differs from the eidetic memory bioware because it allows characters to digitally share all of their sensory data with others. It also allows them to closely examine sensory data they did not initially look at. For example, If the character glanced at a note but did not read it, they can later use image enhancement software to enhance this image and in most cases actually read what the note said. Mnemonic augmentation allows the character to clearly hear all background noises, like a conversation at a nearby table that the character only initially heard a few words of. Using mnemonic augmentation to retrieve a specific piece of information is quite easy, but usually requires between 2 and 20 minutes of concentration.

Nanoscopic Vision
    The shell’s visual sensors can focus like a microscope, using advanced superlens techniques to beat the optical diffraction limit and image objects as small as a nanometer. This allows the character to view and analyze objects as small as blood cells and even individual nanobots. The synthmorph must stay relatively steady to view objects at this scale.

Oracles
    These neural macrosensing nanobots pay attention to the sensory input on which the character is not focusing, alerting them about important things they might otherwise overlook. Oracles also act as a sort of memory buffer and search aid, extending short term memory, helping the character recall memories and details, and crosschecking them with other memories. Oracles negate Perception modifiers for distrac-tion, apply a +10 modifier to Investigation Tests, and add a +30 bonus to memory-related tests.

Pneumatic Limbs
    The limbs are equipped with pneumatic cylinder systems that can generate up to 7,000 newtons of force. This allows the shell to push off and make impressive jumps (a synth of human size/weight can leap over 2 meters up). Apply a +20 to Freerunning Tests. A pneumatic limb used to strike an opponent in unarmed combat inflicts an extra 1d10 damage.

Radar
    This sensor system bounces radio or microwaves off targets and measures the reflected waves to judge size, composition, and motion. See Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

T-Ray Emitter
    Mounted under the skin of the user’s forehead, this implant generates low-powered beams of terahertz radiation (T-rays) that allow the character to see using reflected T-rays. As discussed in Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302, this implant combined with the enhanced vision enhancement (or a terahertz sensor) allows the user to effectively see through cloth, plastic, wood, masonry, composites, and ceramics as well as being able to determine the composition of various materials. This implant allows the user to see using reflected T-rays for 20 meters in a normal atmosphere and for 100 meters in vacuum.

Weapon Mount (concealed)
    The shell carries a built-in (or built-on) weapon. This weapon mount may be either internal (concealed, only weapons small in relation to the shell may fit, –30 to Perception Tests to detect) or external (visible). It may be fixed (one direction only), swiveling (limited field of fire), or on an articulated mount (all directions).

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

Slake's Gargoyle is a mere 2.5 feet tall, and very spindly. Its surfaces are gunmetal grey, with numerous triangular armor plates covering them, designed to look almost sharp. It has huge, globular compound eyes. Slake wears a red bandana around the lower half of his morph's face.

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slake was born on Luna in BF 36, in New Mumbai. Growing up, he was a bit of a juvenile delinquent, practicing freerunning, breaking and entering, and graffiti. Eventually (much to the relief of his parents) he calmed down and pursued a career in habitat maintenance, and he continued this profession until the Fall. Four years before the Fall, he took a better paying position as a maintenance overseer in a small habitat still under construction; he left his family behind in New Mumbai. He saw them again, visited from time to time, and was generally happy. Then Earth Fell, and everything went to pieces. Slake's entire family was killed or worse in the destruction of New Mumbai. He sunk into depression, lost his job, and began to wander. He jumped from morph to morph and planet to planet where he could, trying to find out who he was in the changed world. He found old habits cropping up again as he turned to theft to survive; he gained modest criminal renown, and then someone offered to pay if he stole some information from a small hypercorp. He forgets what exactly, it wasn't very important. He succeeded, and one thing led to another, and soon he was stealing and sabotaging for pay, working first for criminal gangs, then small corps, and eventually mid-size ones. The time came for what would have been his magnum opus of heists; a wealthy, anonymous patron hired him to break into a Cognite facility and steal data about the Futura project. The mission went downhill quickly, and Slake found himself resleeved from backup a month later with no idea what happened. He returned to smaller missions, deciding he hadn't been ready for the big jobs yet. He received quite a shock when he saw himself make the news. Apparently, he had stolen some sort of blueprints from an Argonaut station in the outer system, and rumor had it he was operating under the authority of Cognite. Confused, he tried to contact the other Slake, but instead of answers, he received death threats. He began to notice that he was being followed and his possessions were being searched, so he fled for his life, operating under false names, never staying in one place for long. On Mars, he was hired to steal the tech being developed by a small research firm. When he discovered that they were experimenting on inert TITAN nanoswarms, he sent out a discreet call for aid. Firewall responded, but it didn't save him from being devoured when the nanobots inevitably broke free. Firewall provided for his resleeving and recruited him, and he gladly accepted a chance to protect against further attacks by the TITANS, remembering the disaster which took his family.

I can't wait to start working on the questionnaire
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-05-16 at 01:36 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

I do not "ninja."
    I pirate.
    Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Currently working on the Questionnaire on the OOC.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    I'm finished! A lot of shuffling points around in the final stages to get +5 INT, but it worked out in the end.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Ego/ID
    Spoiler
    Show

Player: bc56
    Concept: Freelance thief and saboteur
    Background: Colony tech staff 1
    Faction: Lunar 3
    Focus & Customization: Covert Ops 5, Computer training 1
    Morph: Gargoyle
    Gender Identity: Male
    Actual Age: 46
    Current Moxie Points: 3/3
    REZ Points: 0
    Motivations: +Thrill Seeking, +Personal Career, -TITAN tech
    Credits: 11100
    Backup Notes: One month of backup insurance, one backup

Ego Traits (Pro/Con):

Adaptability (Level 2)
    Resleeving is a breeze for this character. They adjust to new morphs much more quickly than most other people. Apply a +10 modifier per level for Integration Tests (p. 271) and Alienation Tests (p. 272).

Danger Sense
    The character has an intuitive sixth sense that warns them of imminent threats. They receive a +10 modifier on Surprise Tests (p.*204).

Pain Tolerance (Level 1)
    The character has a high threshold for pain tolerance and is better at ignoring the effects of pain on their abilities and concentration. Level 1 allows them to ignore the –10 modifier from 1 wound. Level 2 allows them to ignore the –10 modifiers from 2 wounds.

----------------

Black Mark (Level 1 - Argonaut)
    At some point in the character’s past, they managed to do something that earned a black mark on their reputation. For some reason, no matter what they do, this black mark cannot be shaken off and continues to haunt their interactions. In game terms, the character picks one faction. Every time they interact with this faction (such as a Networking Test) or with an NPC from this faction (Social Skill Tests) who knows the character, they suffer a –10 modifier per level.

Edited Memories
    At some point in the character’s past, the character had certain memories strategically removed or
    otherwise lost to them. This may have been done to intentionally forget an unpleasant or shameful experience or to make a break with the past. The memory may also have been lost by an unexpected death (with no recent backup), or it may have been erased against the character’s will. Whatever the case, the memory should bear some importance, and there should exist either evidence of what happened or NPCs who know the full story. This is a tool the gamemaster can use to haunt the character at some future point with ghosts from their past.

Errant Fork
    Whether through conscious action or a freak occur-
    rence, you are not the only you out there. An alpha
    fork of yourself exists and has decided to pursue its own path. Though this fork is not necessarily an
    enemy, it does have its own agenda and interests that sometimes run counter to your own. There may be legal issues involved, such as competing
    claims over who is the original alpha and therefore has rights to any property (or in some jurisdictions, the right to exist). There may be social awkwardness, as the division between you and your alpha forced you to compete over your friends, family, or even lovers. Though the alpha fork began with the same aptitudes, skills, traits, rep, and so on as yourself, it has diverged and begun to develop as a separate character, controlled by the gamemaster. Other complications in the relationship between these alphas should exist, enough that the other alpha should serve as an occasional hindrance or surprise. The alphas may, for example, have a strong rivalry going over their shared field of expertise or may simply feel a need to prove themselves better than the other.

On the Run (Cognite)
    The character is wanted by the authorities of a particular habitat/station or faction, who continue to actively search for the character. They either committed a crime or somehow displeased someone in power. The character deals with that faction in question at their own risk and may occasionally be forced to deal with bounty hunters.

Aptitudes
    Spoiler
    Show

COG

COO

INT

REF

SAV

SOM

WIL

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

MOX: 3

LUC(WILx2): 30

TT(LUC/5): 6

IR(LUCx2): 60

DUR(From Morph): 35

WT(DUR/5): 7

DR(Biomorph: DURx1.5, Synthmorph: DURx2): 70

INIT((INT+REF)/5): 7

SPD: 1

DBSOM/10: 2

DAMAGE & STRESS
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage: 0
    Wounds: 0
    Stress: 0
    Trauma: 0

Primary Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor: Built-in morph combat armor: 20/18

Melee Weapon
    Weapon: Cyberclaws (+pneumatic limbs)
    Skill: Unarmed Combat (60)
    AP: -2
    DV: 2d10+7
    Notes:

Ranged Weapon
    Weapon: Medium railgun pistol
    Skill: Kinetic Weapons
    AP: -5
    DV: 2d10+4
    Modes: SA/BF/FA
    Ammo: 100 rounds, 12 per clip
    Range: 15/45/75/105
    Notes: Can only use standard and AP rounds

Active Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

Climbing (Som): 50

Demolitions (Cog): 50

Fray (Ref): 50

Free Fall (Ref): 45

Free Running (Som): 70
    Morph bonus: 25

Hardware: Industrial (Cog): 60

Infiltration (Coo): 70

Infosec (Cog): 60

Kinesics (Sav): 45

Kinetic Weapons (Coo): 60

Networking: Firewall (Sav): 45

Networking: Hypercorps (Sav): 55

Palming (Coo): 50

Perception (Int): 45

Programming (Cog): 50

Protocol (Sav): 45

Unarmed Combat (Som): 60

Knowledge Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

Academics: Pre-Fall History (Cog): 65

Art: Simulspace Design (Int): 60

Interest: Old Earth Relics (Cog): 50

Interest: Weapons (Cog): 50

Language: English (Int): 80

Language: Hindi (Int): 60

Language: Mandarin (Int): 60

Profession: Habitat Operations (Cog): 65

Profession: Security Operations (Cog): 60

Profession: Squad Tactics (Cog): 50

Show

@-Rep: 0
    C-Rep: 80
    E-Rep: 0
    F-Rep: 0
    G-Rep: 0
    I-Rep: 60
    R-Rep: 0

Gear
    Spoiler
    Show

Backups
    Backup
    A single, one-time backup without insurance is sometimes all the poor can afford, hoping that they can buy backup insurance later or that someone that cared about them will see to a resleeving.

Backup insurance (1 month)
    In the event of verifiable death, or after a set period of being missing, backup insurance will arrange for your cortical stack to be retrieved and your ego downloaded into another morph. If the cortical stack cannot be retrieved, your most recent backup is used. Most policies require that the holder provide a backup to be uploaded into secure storage at least twice a year. This industry works in a manner similar to insurance underwriting in terms of cost and individuals engaged in high risk professions can expect to pay a premium for the service. Additionally, attempts to retrieve a cortical stack are minimal unless one wants to pay for some extra effort (a thriving industry of paramilitary ego-repo operatives exists for this purpose).

Blueprints
    Armor piercing bullets for medium railgun pistol
    Arm slide
    Chameleon cloak
    Fiber optic cable
    Light body armor
    Medium railgun pistol
    Regular bullets for medium railgun pistol
    Scrapper's gel
    Shock gloves
    Superthermite Charge

Communication Gear
    Fiberoptic cable
    Fiberoptic cables are used to establish wired connections between two devices. Given the ubiquity of radios and the tangled mess wires cause, they are typically only used for privacy (unlike radio communication, fiberoptic signals may not be intercepted) or in areas with heavy radio interference.

Low-capacity qubit reservoir
    Low-capacity qubit reservoirs can be used for 10 hours of high-resolution video conferencing or meshbrowsing and 100 hours of voice or text only communications.

Portable QE communicator
    This is a handheld FTL communications device. The actual communications unit can be made as small as desired, but must be large enough to connect to or hold a qubit reservoir. Because qubit reservoirs are relatively large and must be replaced, they are rarely implanted. Some miniature farcasters are designed so that users can also attach qubit reservoirs to enable them to be used for both light speed and FTL communication.

Digital Gear
    Anonymous Account
    These accounts are crucial for anyone who wants to be discreet with their online transactions. See Anonymous Account Services, p.*253.

Exploit Software
    Exploits are hacker tools that take advantage of known vulnerabilities in other software. They are required for intrusion attempts (p.*254).

Fake Ego ID
    This forged ID will pass in most inner system and Jovian Republic habitats, and sometimes others.

Sniffer software
    Sniffer programs collect all of the transmission that pass to, from, or through the device they are running on. See Sniffing, p.*252.

Tacnet software
    These programs allow people in the same squad to share tactical data in real-time. See Tactical Networks, p.*205.

Tracking software
    This software is used to track people by their presence online. See Scanning, Tracking, *and Monitoring, p.*251.

Stealth Gear
    Chameleon cloak
    This loose, poncho-like cloak contains a network of sensors that perceive wavelengths from microwave to ultra-violet. A similar network of miniature emitters precisely replicate the information its sensors receive, making the wearer seem transparent to those wavelengths. A chameleon cloak allows a character to effectively become invisible as long as they are stationary or not moving faster than a slow walk. When worn by someone moving faster, the cloak still provides a +30 modifier to Infiltration Tests to avoid being seen or noticed.Chameleon cloaks are not effective against radar, x-ray, or gamma-ray sensors. They do hide the character from thermal infrared, however, by absorbing the character’s body heat into its heat sink. The cloak can only absorb a character’s body heat for one hour before it must emit this heat. Heat emission also requires one hour, during which time the character is easily visible in the thermal infrared spectrum.

Dazzler
    The dazzler is a tiny laser system set on a rotating ball. When activated, it consistently spins and emits laser pulses in all directions. These laser pulses are not dangerous, but they detect the lenses of camera systems (including specs, viewers, and bot/synthmorph sensors) and repeatedly zap them with laser pulses of varying strength to overload and dazzle them. For as long as a dazzler is active, any camera system (visual, infrared, and ultraviolet) within line of sight and within 200 meters is blinded.

Nanotech
    Cleaner swarm and hive
    This nanoswarm cleans, polishes, and removes dirt and stains. It may be used on an area, specific objects, or people. Some facilities employ permanent cleaner swarms to keep their area spotless. Cleaners may also be programmed to remove specific toxins, chemicals, or other hazardous substances in order to decontaminate an area. Covert operatives and criminals sometimes use cleaners to eliminate any evidence they may have left at a scene usable for forensics purposes, such as blood, hair, or anything that could be DNA-typed.

Fixer swarm and hive
    This is the nanoswarm version of repair spray (p.*333) .

Guardian swarm
    Guardians watch for and attack other unauthorized swarms. Guardians inflict 1d10 ÷ 2 damage (round up) on other swarms they come into contact with per Action Turn.

Nanodetector
    Nanodetectors are small devices that suck in air and micro debris in order to scan for and detect nanobots. Given that nanobots are so small, the density of nanobots in the area has a large impact on its success. The nanodetector has a base skill of 30 for detecting nanobots, modified by +30 if an active nanoswarm or hive is present, +0 if a nanoswarm or hive was active recently, and –10 for the presence of nanobots outside of a swarm or hive. Once a nanobot is detected it may be analyzed either by the user or the nanodetector’s AI, using Academics: Nanotechnology 30 skill. Nanodetectors are often worn and left on, set to alert the user if a hostile nanoswarm is detected.

Utility Gear
    Fabber
    Fabbers are specialized nanofabricators, portable and considerably smaller than CMs. There are a wide variety of portable fabbers, including ones that can make any hand tool or small piece of personal electronics, ones that can turn any organic material into food and drink, and ones that can create any drug or medicine as well as bandages and specialized dressings. The most common fabbers have a volume of 4 liters. Larger hand tools and devices are produced as 2 or 3 separate parts that must be fitted together. Like CMs, fabbers also contain miniature disposal units.

Industrial kit
    Tools come in kits (portable), shops (can fit into a large vehicle), and facilities (large, non-mobile). Each set of tools applies to a particular skill, such as Hardware: Electronics or Hardware: Groundraft.

Weapons
    Medium railgun pistol
    AP -5, DV 2d10+4, SA, BF, FA, range 15/45/75/105, 12 ammo per clip. 1 battery (200 shots), 1 nuclear battery (recharge every 5 hours), and 100 regular bullets.

Scrapper's gel (2)
    This goo turns into a potent acid when given an electrical charge. It comes in a gel-like state and may be smeared like jelly, and may even be used in space. In acid form, scrapper’s gel does 1d10 + 5 DV per Action Turn to anything it touches for 3 turns, unless the material has been treated against acid. Armor will protect against this acid at first, but the acid will eat through the armor, so that it will no longer protect after its full armor value has been reached.

Superthermite charge (3)
    These powerful and highly stable demolition charges are made from a combination of nanometals and metal oxides. A single charge can be used to create an explosive blast inflicting 2d10+5 damage. This charge can be shaped with a successful Demolitions Test, focusing the blast in a particular 90-degree direction (for example, to blow through a door). This triples the damage of the blast in the focused direction; in all other directions, the damage is reduced to 1/3rd (round down). Multiple charges apply a cumulative effect.

Muse Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Conscience
    Vocal/Simulated Gender: Male
    AI Level:

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

COG: 10
    COO: 10
    INT: 20
    REF: 10
    SAV: 10
    SOM: 10
    WIL: 10

Skills & Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Academics: Chemistry (Cog): 50

Academics: Psychology (Cog): 65

Hardware: Electronics (Cog): 40

Infosec (Cog): 40

Profession: Accounting (Cog): 65

Profession: Appraisal (Cog): 50

Profession: Forensics (Cog): 50

Programming (Cog): 30

Research (Cog): 40

Perception (Int): 50

Morph Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Basic Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Morph Type: Gargoyle
    Sex/Visible Gender: n/a
    Visible Age: n/a

Aptitude Bonuses
    Spoiler
    Show

COG: +0
    COO: +0
    INT: +5
    REF: +0
    SAV: +0
    SOM: +5
    WIL: +0

Morph Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Aptitude Max: 30 (25 Som)
    Speed Mod: 0
    Movement Rate/Mobility System: Walker 4/20
    Durability: 35
    Wound Threshold 7

Positive & Negative Traits/Advantages & Disadvantages
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor
    The morph has an armor rating of 6/6

-----------------------

Reduced Size
    This trait reduces the size of an existing morph model from either large to medium or medium to small (morphs may only be reduced once). Morphs shrunk to a medium size lose the effects of the Large Size trait (next page) and 10 points of Durability. Morphs reduced to a small size gain the effects of the Small Size trait (p. 95) and lose 5 points of Durability. Durability reductions also effect Wound Threshold and Death Rating per normal. Reducing a morph may affect other changes at the gamemaster’s discretion.

Implants/Enhancements/Customizations
    Spoiler
    Show

360° Vision
    The shell’s visual sensors are situated for a 360-degree field of vision.

Access Jacks
    Usually located in the base of the skull or neck, this implant is an external socket with a direct neural interface. It allows the character to establish a direct wired connection using a fiberoptic cable to external devices or other characters, which can be useful in places where wireless links are unreliable or complete privacy is required. Two characters linked via access jack can “speak” mind-to-mind and transfer information between their mesh inserts and other implants. All synthmorphs have these by default.

Antiglare
    This visual mod eliminates penalties for glare.

Chameleon Skin
    The morph’s skin is augmented with complex chromatophores so that it changes color like the skin of a chameleon or an octopus. The morph can match the appearance of almost any color and most patterns. This provides a +20 modifier to Infiltration Tests to avoid being seen or noticed, as long as the character is stationary or not moving faster than a slow walk. The character must be nude or wearing smart clothing (p.*325) of the same color/pattern. If incompletely camouflaged, or if moving
    faster, reduce the modifier to +10. In addition to blending in, the character can also consciously change the color and pattern of their skin to deliberately stand out (+20 on Perception Tests to notice) or simply to produce attractive or interesting colors or patterns

Chemical Sniffer
    This sensor detects molecules in the air and analyzes their chemical composition. It enables Chemistry Tests to determine the presence of gases, including toxins and other fumes. It can also detect the presence of explosives and firearms.

Cortical Stack
    A cortical stack is a tiny cyberware data storage unit protected within a synthdiamond case the size of a grape, implanted at the base of the skull where the brain stem and spinal cord connect. It contains a digital backup of that character’s ego. Part nanoware, the implant maintains a network of nanobots that monitor synaptic connections and brain architecture, noting any changes and updating the ego backup in real time, right up to the moment of death. If the character dies, the cortical stack can be recovered and they may be restored from the backup (see Resleeving, p.*270). Cortical stacks do not have external or wireless access (for security), they must be surgically removed (see Retrieving a Cortical Stack, p.*268). Cortical stacks are extremely durable, requiring special effort to damage or destroy. They are commonly recovered from bodies that have otherwise been pulped or mangled. Cortical stacks are intentionally isolated from mesh inserts and other implants, as a security measure to prevent hacking or external tampering.

Cyberbrain
    Cybernetic brains are where the ego (or controlling AI) resides in synthmorphs and pods. Modeled on biological brains, cyberbrains have a holistic architecture and serve as the command node and central processing point for sensory input and decision-making. Only one ego or AI may “inhabit” a cyberbrain at a time; to accommodate extras, mesh inserts (p.*300) or a ghostrider module (p.*307) must be used. Since cyberbrains store memories digitally, they have the equivalent of mnemonic augmentation (p.* 307). They also have a built-in puppet sock (p.*307) and may be remote-controlled, though this option may be removed by those who value their security. Cyberbrains are vulnerable to cyberbrain hacking (p.*261) and other forms of electronic infiltration/attack. Cyberbrains come equipped with two or more pairs of external access jacks (p.*306), usually located at the base of the skull, which allow for direct wired connections.

Cyberclaws
    The bones on the back of the morph’s hand are bonded to smart material claws. These claws can extend through concealed ports in the morph’s skin and extend 6 inches past the morph’s knuckles. These razor-sharp weapons inflict 1d10*+*3*+*(SOM *÷*10) damage and have an AP of *–2. If combined with eelware (p.*304), they can also inflict electric shocks. Likewise, cyberclaws can also deliver poison or nanotoxins secreted from a poison gland (p.*305) or implanted nanotoxins.

Enhanced Hearing
    The morph’s ears are enhanced to hear both higher and lower frequency sounds—the range of sounds they can hear is twice that of normal human ears see Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302. In addition, their hearing is considerably more sensitive, allowing them to hear sounds as if they were five times closer than they are. A character with this augmentation can easily overhear even a softly spoken conversation at another table in a small restaurant. This augmentation provides a +20 modifier to all Perception Tests involving hearing.

Enhanced Smell
    The morph’s sense of smell is equal to that of a bloodhound. The user can identify both chemicals and individuals by smell and can track people and chemically reactive objects by odor as long as the trail was made within the last several hours and has not been obscured. The character can also gain a general sense of the emotions and health of any character within 5 meters (+20 to Perception or Kinesics Tests to do so)

Enhanced Vision
    The morph’s eyes have tetrachromatic vision capable of exceptional color differentiation. These eyes can also see the electromagnetic spectrum from terahertz wave frequencies to gamma rays, enabling them to see a total of several dozen colors, instead of the seven ordinary human eyes can perceive. In addition, these eyes have a variable focus equivalent to 5 power magnifiers or binoculars. This augmentation provides a +20 modifier to all Perception Tests involving vision. For further applica-
    tions, see Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

Hidden Compartment
    The shell has a concealed aperture for a shielded interior compartment, ideal for storing valuables or smuggling contraband. Apply a –30 modifier to detect this compartment either manually or with sensor scans.

Lidar
    This sensor emits laser light and measures the reflections to judge range, speed, and image the target. See Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

Light Combat Armor
    The synthmorph’s frame is protected by armor designed for policing and security duties. This increases the bot’s built-in Armor by +14/+12.

Magnetic System
    A magnetic system allows the shell to cling to most ferrous materials. This enables the character to walk in zero-G situations by magnetically adhering surfaces, hang upside down, and hold onto devices without letting them drop or drift away. The shell receives a +30 modifier whenever maintaining a magnetic hold on something.

Medichines
    This is the most common form of nanoware. These nanobots monitor the user’s body at a cellular level and fix any problems that arise. Medichines eliminate most diseases, drugs, and toxins (but not nanodrugs or nanotoxins) before they can do more than minor harm to the host (see Drug Effects, p.*318). If desired, the user can temporarily override this protection to permit intoxication or other effects, but unless the character activates a second specially labeled override, medichines prevent the toxins from accumulating to lethal or permanently harmful levels. In this case, they can also be activated at a later point to reduce a drug or toxin’s remaining duration by half.
    Medichines allow the character to ignore the effects of 1 wound. They also speed normal healing as noted under see Biomorph Healing, p.* 208. If the user suffers 5 or more wounds at once, or more than 6 wounds in an hour, the damage has exceeded the medichines’ ability to repair. In this case, the medichines place the character into a medical stasis, where their mind and body are perfectly preserved, but where the character cannot act in any way. Under these circumstances the medichines also send out a priority call for emergency services via the character’s mesh inserts.
    Medichines for synthmorphs and bots consist of nanobots that monitor and repair the shell’s integrity and internal system functions. Note that the synthmorph version of medichines allows the synthmorph to self-repair in the same manner by which a biomorph with medichines would naturally heal (p.*208).

Mesh Inserts
    Mesh inserts are ubiquitous among modern morphs. This network of cybernetic brain implants is essential equipment for anyone who wants to stay connected and make full use of the wireless mesh. The interconnected components of this system include:
    • Cranial Computer: This computer serves as the hub for the character’s personal area network and is home to their muse (p.*264). It has all of the functions of a smartphone and PDA, acting as a media player, meshbrowser, alarm clock/calendar, positioning and map system, address book, advanced calculator, file storage system, search engine, social networking client, messaging program, and note pad. It manages the user’s augmented reality input and can run any software the character desires (see Software, p.*331). It also processes XP data, allowing the user to experience other people’s recorded memories, and also allowing the user to share their own XP sensory input with others in real time. Facial/image recognition and encryption software (p.*331) are included by default.
    • Radio Transceiver: This transceiver connects the user to the mesh and other characters/devices within range. It has an effective range of 20 kilometers in deep space or other locations far from radio interference and 1 kilometer in crowded habitats.
    • Medical Sensors: This array of implants monitors the user’s medical status, including heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, temperature, neural activity, and much more. A sophisticated medical diagnostic system interprets the data and warns the user of any concerns or dangers.
    Using any of these functions is as easy as thinking.

Mnemonic Augmentation
    A character with this augmentation and a cortical stack can access digital recordings of all of the sensory data they have experienced in XP format (and they may share these recordings with others). Mnemonic augmentation differs from the eidetic memory bioware because it allows characters to digitally share all of their sensory data with others. It also allows them to closely examine sensory data they did not initially look at. For example, If the character glanced at a note but did not read it, they can later use image enhancement software to enhance this image and in most cases actually read what the note said. Mnemonic augmentation allows the character to clearly hear all background noises, like a conversation at a nearby table that the character only initially heard a few words of. Using mnemonic augmentation to retrieve a specific piece of information is quite easy, but usually requires between 2 and 20 minutes of concentration.

Nanoscopic Vision
    The shell’s visual sensors can focus like a microscope, using advanced superlens techniques to beat the optical diffraction limit and image objects as small as a nanometer. This allows the character to view and analyze objects as small as blood cells and even individual nanobots. The synthmorph must stay relatively steady to view objects at this scale.

Oracles
    These neural macrosensing nanobots pay attention to the sensory input on which the character is not focusing, alerting them about important things they might otherwise overlook. Oracles also act as a sort of memory buffer and search aid, extending short term memory, helping the character recall memories and details, and crosschecking them with other memories. Oracles negate Perception modifiers for distrac-tion, apply a +10 modifier to Investigation Tests, and add a +30 bonus to memory-related tests.

Pneumatic Limbs
    The limbs are equipped with pneumatic cylinder systems that can generate up to 7,000 newtons of force. This allows the shell to push off and make impressive jumps (a synth of human size/weight can leap over 2 meters up). Apply a +20 to Freerunning Tests. A pneumatic limb used to strike an opponent in unarmed combat inflicts an extra 1d10 damage.

Radar
    This sensor system bounces radio or microwaves off targets and measures the reflected waves to judge size, composition, and motion. See Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302.

T-Ray Emitter
    Mounted under the skin of the user’s forehead, this implant generates low-powered beams of terahertz radiation (T-rays) that allow the character to see using reflected T-rays. As discussed in Using Enhanced Senses, p.*302, this implant combined with the enhanced vision enhancement (or a terahertz sensor) allows the user to effectively see through cloth, plastic, wood, masonry, composites, and ceramics as well as being able to determine the composition of various materials. This implant allows the user to see using reflected T-rays for 20 meters in a normal atmosphere and for 100 meters in vacuum.

Weapon Mount (concealed)
    The shell carries a built-in (or built-on) weapon. This weapon mount may be either internal (concealed, only weapons small in relation to the shell may fit, –30 to Perception Tests to detect) or external (visible). It may be fixed (one direction only), swiveling (limited field of fire), or on an articulated mount (all directions).

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

Slake's Gargoyle is a mere 2.5 feet tall, and very spindly. Its surfaces are gunmetal grey, with numerous triangular armor plates covering them, designed to look almost sharp. It has huge, globular compound eyes. Slake wears a red bandana around the lower half of his morph's face.

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slake was born on Luna in BF 36, in New Mumbai. Growing up, he was a bit of a juvenile delinquent, practicing freerunning, breaking and entering, and graffiti. Eventually (much to the relief of his parents) he calmed down and pursued a career in habitat maintenance, and he continued this profession until the Fall. Four years before the Fall, he took a better paying position as a maintenance overseer in a small habitat still under construction; he left his family behind in New Mumbai. He saw them again, visited from time to time, and was generally happy. Then Earth Fell, and everything went to pieces. Slake's entire family was killed or worse in the destruction of New Mumbai. He sunk into depression, lost his job, and began to wander. He jumped from morph to morph and planet to planet where he could, trying to find out who he was in the changed world. He found old habits cropping up again as he turned to theft to survive; he gained modest criminal renown, and then someone offered to pay if he stole some information from a small hypercorp. He forgets what exactly, it wasn't very important. He succeeded, and one thing led to another, and soon he was stealing and sabotaging for pay, working first for criminal gangs, then small corps, and eventually mid-size ones. The time came for what would have been his magnum opus of heists; a wealthy, anonymous patron hired him to break into a Cognite facility and steal data about the Futura project. The mission went downhill quickly, and Slake found himself resleeved from backup a month later with no idea what happened. He returned to smaller missions, deciding he hadn't been ready for the big jobs yet. He received quite a shock when he saw himself make the news. Apparently, he had stolen some sort of blueprints from an Argonaut station in the outer system, and rumor had it he was operating under the authority of Cognite. Confused, he tried to contact the other Slake, but instead of answers, he received death threats. He began to notice that he was being followed and his possessions were being searched, so he fled for his life, operating under false names, never staying in one place for long. On Mars, he was hired to steal the tech being developed by a small research firm. When he discovered that they were experimenting on inert TITAN nanoswarms, he sent out a discreet call for aid. Firewall responded, but it didn't save him from being devoured when the nanobots inevitably broke free. Firewall provided for his resleeving and recruited him, and he gladly accepted a chance to protect against further attacks by the TITANS, remembering the disaster which took his family.

I can't wait to start working on the questionnaire
    Your Muse's AI Level should be 'Muse AI', it's more of a description on what your muse is. Some people use an edited Beta/Delta Fork of themselves as their Muse after all. Some use full AGIs, etc.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Out of curiosity, doesn't 20AF mean we're twenty years after fall? first question says 10 (which is the default I believe). Or am I mixed up somewhere.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Like what? Other than some privacy issues, that I have myself. But, hardly anythings secure these days. What are your problems.
    I suppose I'd be fine with it, I just don't want to go through the trouble of setting up an account, and don't really see the point of using Discord as well as the forums.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spinningdice View Post
    Out of curiosity, doesn't 20AF mean we're twenty years after fall? first question says 10 (which is the default I believe). Or am I mixed up somewhere.
    That's right. 10 AF means 10 years after fall. BF is before fall.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    I suppose I'd be fine with it, I just don't want to go through the trouble of setting up an account, and don't really see the point of using Discord as well as the forums.
    I think it's more about also having a way to instant-chat about things.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

First question is wrong. I think there's some other instances in there.

@Hemnon is correct, and making an account should take 5 minutes at most.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-16 at 01:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

First question is wrong. I think there's some other instances in there.

@Hemnon is correct, and making an account should take 5 minutes at most.
    Uh... where's the question?

And yes I am!
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I was answering @spinningdice, and on the OOC.
    Shall dry and die in,
    Lost Carcosa.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

I was answering @spinningdice, and on the OOC.
    Nevermind.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

We allowed to post in the OOC yet?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

I am working on a nano-environmentalist gate crasher ( random rolls are wild at times). I'll try and have it up in a day or so

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Is everyone's character done? That's what I originally said.

But, yes, wait till later tonight. I have one more post I want to make.
    Last edited by SaturnSolaris; 2019-05-16 at 06:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Added the questionnaire questions to the end of my character sheet here