The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Maelstrom Pulse, Sever the Bloodline, Maelstrom Pulse, Echoing Decay and similar effects all make sure it is relevant.
    Congrats you did in fact list some of the few exceptions.

Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Last call before judging! Please make any last minute submissions and edits. I'll try to have the results by about this time tomorrow.

As an aside: Ninjaman, I do believe you named Maelstrom Pulse twice.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    C'mon RNG, play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well if you want more, in the most recent set there's Legions End and Deputy of Detention is seeing a decent amount of play in Esper control in standard right now. The effect comes up pretty often (if your opponent has removal, tokens are a great target for deputy) and, with treasure tokens and afterlife recently, comes up with multiple types of tokens a reasonable amount as well. Rare coming across it with multiple creature tokens of the same type but with different stats though.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Master Yi 2RR
    Creature - Human Samurai MR
    When Master Yi enters the battlefield, he deals damage equal to his power divided as you choose among any number of targets.
    T: Exile Master Yi, then return him to the battlefield tapped with a number of +1/+1 counters on him equal to his power as you activated this ability.
    "Your skills are inferior!"
    2/2

I'm not too worried about the interaction with intruder alarm/amulet of vigour + creatures you control have haste effects, because that's a 3-card combo and those usually win you the game anyway.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-08-13 at 04:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Well if you want more, in the most recent set there's Legions End and Deputy of Detention is seeing a decent amount of play in Esper control in standard right now. The effect comes up pretty often (if your opponent has removal, tokens are a great target for deputy) and, with treasure tokens and afterlife recently, comes up with multiple types of tokens a reasonable amount as well. Rare coming across it with multiple creature tokens of the same type but with different stats though.
    And, while tangential to the original conversation, the tokens from the news Ajani will take out any Pridemayes in your hand if Legion's Ended.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Bile Blight, Detention Sphere, Echoing Truth, Decleration in Stone, Izzet Staticaster.

These cards were all relevant in some format at some point or another.

Those cards being able to affect multiple tokens is very far from being a rule that "almost never shows up".
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

"different" and "tokens" are the same. That's still 20 different though.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

I was going to say something along the lines of this being an overt mirror to Estrid, using all the colors she doesn't use and whatnot, but then I also realized I could use the opportunity to name-check the game it's from.

I keep going back and trying to redesign it. I won't complain if what actually gets reviewed isn't the final version.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: mystic1110's Sora, Keyblade Master
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Sora, Keyblade Master 1WUR
    Legendary Creature — human warrior wizard (1/1) M
    Level up W, U or R (W, U or R: Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.)
    LEVEL 1-3
    1/1
    T: You may search your library for an Equipment card with a converted mana cost equal to the amount of level counters on Sora and put it onto the battlefield. Attach it to Sora. Then shuffle your library.
    LEVEL 4+
    2/2
    Sora has Doublestrike, Hexproof and Vigilance.
    Okay, at first blush I though Zur, but for equipment. Then I realized that there are a crap ton of good equipment at 1, 2, or 3 cmc. The ability to cheat out Colossus Hammer, Jitte, the Swords, and put them on your commander is silly. Giving your commander Double strike, Vigilance and Hexproof at Level 4+ is ridiculous. This commander would paint a giant bullseye on you back the moment you reveal him.

Spoiler: LastCenturion's The Ancient Mother
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    The Ancient Mother -- 13UUUU
    Legendary Creature -- Whale Leviathan -- Mythic
    The Ancient Mother costs 1 less to cast for each Fish, Whale, Octopus, and Leviathan you control.
    Return a creature you control to its owner's hand: Draw a card and untap up to one land. Activate this ability no more than twice each turn.
    Ancient legends describe the protector of Manoa Lai, a massive whale of unblemished white.
    8/12

The Ancient Mother is the McGuffin of Endless Ocean, an exploration game from 2007. This game is notable as having the best soundtrack.
    My biggest gripe about this is its 17 CMC. Yes, you can reduce it's mana cost by it's own ability, but the thing is that this would be the highest cmc of all non silver-bordered cards. It has no form of evasion or ways to get damage through. The three closest cmc non-silver bordered creatures all have either evasion (in the form of flying) or trample. Autochthon Wurm and Draco (CMC 15 and 16 respectively) both also have way to reduce or help pay their cost. The last is Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
    It's an 8/12 for Seventeen Mana, but you can potentially cast it for four blue mana. You can bounce a creaure you control to untap a land and draw a card twice per turn. Not bad, but not great. And it's a mythic. I honestly want this to be better than it is, but it just doesn't do quite enough for me to call it a good card.

Spoiler: Misothene's Bowser, King of Koopas
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Bowser, King of the Koopas 2BR
    Legendary Creature- Turtle Dragon MR
    Other Turtle and Fungus creatures you control get +1/+1.
    R: Bowser, King of the Koopas gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    WUBRG: Monstrosity 5.
    As long as Bowser is monstrous, he has trample and menace.
    5/4
    Okay. This is a solid card. A 5/4 for 4 mana in red and black isn't half bad. Being a Turtle and Fungus lord is fitting. Giving Bowser Firebreathing is fitting, and a good sink for mana as needed. Giving Bowser 5 color identity in the form of Monstrous 5 is an excellent way to enable access to Turtles and Fungus in general, as there is one black Turtle creatures, and five straight black Fungus creatures. Trample and menace are icing on the cake at that point. All in all, this captures the essence of Bowser perfectly.

Spoiler: Mystic Muse's Albert Wily
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Albert Wily UBR

Legendary creature - Human Artificer R

At the beginning of your upkeep, gain control of target non-legendary artifact.

When an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, deal damage equal to its converted mana cost to target player.

Wily has no power on a field of battle.

0/1
    Wily's first ability alone is good, as it screws over most artifact based decks. The biggest question with it is what happens if there are no valid targets. The second ability means you will need some form of a sac' outlet for artifacts. Wily being a 0/1, while different, is fitting, and helps balance the card a bit.

Spoiler: Gauntlet's Mewtwo
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Mewtwo - 2UUB
    Legendary Creature - Psychic Pokemon

T: Tap target creature.
    1, T: Target creature gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
    2, T: Target player loses X life and draws a card, where X is Mewtwo's power.

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, untap Mewtwo.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

1/5
    Aside from being the Gen 1 answer to Slowbro, this is a very control oriented card. A way to recur instants or sorceries or cast them for zero means you can activate multiple abilities a turn. Further more, the third ability is a potential game ender if you can pump Mewtwo's power up high enough. Colossus Hammer comes to mind. This would definitely be the target of removal spells. That said it is missing rarity.

Spoiler: EvilDMMk3's Mario, Superstar!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Mario, Superstar! 1WR

Legendary creature - Human Plumber

When Mario, Superstar! enters play you may do deal 2 damage to target creature.

W/R T: Add a +1/+1 counter to Mario, Superstar!

If Mario, Superstar! has at least 2 +1/+1 counters it gains T:Deal damage to target creature equal to Mario, Superstar!'s power.

1/1

Wahoo!
    2 damage to a creature on etb isn't bad. The second and third abilities are kept in check by white and red not having many repeatable untap outlets. The third ability is a bit to good, as if Mario's power is high enough, and he's equipped with a Thornbite staff, he can just board wipe all other creatures. Also missing rarity.

Spoiler: DeTess' Korvo, Disgraced bodyguard
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Korvo, Disgraced bodyguard 1WB
    Legendary creature - Human Rogue

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may put a 'hit' counter on target creature.

viglance,~ can't be blocked

WB, T, return ~ to your hand: Exile target creature with a 'hit' counter on it.

2/3
    A 2/3 unblockable commander with vigilance is worrying to see. One that has the ability to just go to your hand and exile another creature in response to being targeted with something to stop it? That's just absurd. All that for 3 CMC? No. Also missing rarity.

Spoiler: Tom the Mime's Prince of all Cosmos
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Prince of All Cosmos UW
    Legendary creature - Fairy R
    T: Exile target non-land permanent with cmc less than the combined cmc of Prince of All Cosmos and cards exiled by it until Prince of All Cosmos leaves the battlefield.
    Prince of All Cosmos gets +1/+1 for each card exiled by it.
    Nana-nanananana-na-na- na katamari damachi
    0/2
    First off, congratulations on being the first to make me have to research what game your commander's from. Second, That first ability is scary and ridiculous. It is also kept in check by targeting, non-lands, the cards low CMC and the fact it can only exile things with cmc's lower than it and the exiled cards. Other-wise, surprisingly balanced.

Spoiler: TurboGhast's Raiko Horikawa
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    Raiko Horikawa 1UR
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct Spirit
    Flying
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, if its converted mana cost is equal to the number of spells you've cast this turn, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copy.
    2/2

The odd type line is meant to show that she's a spirit of a drum set. "Spirit Construct" wasn't used because I think it sounds like a constructed spirit, not the spirit of something constructed. See this wiki page for additional context.
    And this is... Touhou? Touhou. So this would be a storm commander. Not much way to abuse that in the card itself, but would also have to be careful in the order you cast spells to maximize the effect. Missing rarity.

Spoiler: Personification's Sparky, Planeswalker Tutor
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    But the only video game I play with any regularity is MTGA... Oh well....

Sparky, Planeswalker Tutor 5
    Legendary Creature-Spirit Fairy M
    Flying
    X, T: search your library for a Planeswalker card with converted mana cost x or less and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your library.
    WUBRG: Put a Planeswalker card onto the battlefield from your hand. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    When a Planeswalker enters the battlefield under your control, this turn, you may activate loyalty abilities of that Planeswalker twice rather than once.
    0/5
    You are a Planeswalker.

EDIT: fixed wording based on helpful suggestions.
    Sparky is indeed a tutor for planeswalker. This would essentially be the ultimate commander for a superfriends deck. Solid abilities to find and cheat out your walkers. Base power of zero is fine, considering your win condition is ultimate-ing your plansewalkers, not commander damage. The five toughness and flying allows you to throw Sparky in front of almost anything as a way to keep you or your walkers alive. I like this.

Spoiler: Necroticplague's Herman Carter, Electroconvulser
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Herman Carter, Electroconvulser BUU2
    Legendary Creature-Human Horror M
    Whenever Herman Carter, Electroconvulser enters the battlefield or attacks, chose a player to gain a madness counter.

All players with madness counters on them play with the top X cards of their library revealed, where X is the amount of madness counters on the player. You may play any noncreature cards with CMC less than X revealed this way from your library without paying their mana cost, and play of the other cards revealed from your library normally.
    4/4
    I'm glad to see this changed from the mess that it was. Those abilities give a fair amount of tactical choice. Do you put the counters on yourself, to see what you have coming up to your (dis)advantage (possibly sooner)? Or do you put them on your opponents to give warning to threats early on? Still a tad wordy, but a possibly usable commander.

Spoiler: LaZodiac's Edelgard, Adrestian Heiress
    Show
    Anyway, my card! I'm making my card based on Edelgard, from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

------

Edelgard, Adrestian Heiress 2B{R/W)
    Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (R)
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, return target creature with power less than Edelgard's from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    1{R/B}: Gain +1+0 until end of turn.
    2/3
    "All obstacles will be crushed...without exception."

Spoiler: For Fun
    Show

Dimitri, Holy Heir 2U(B/R)
    Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever ~ is the target of an instant or sorcery spell you control, you may copy it. Choose another target creature.
    3(U/R): Counter target spell. Then if it's an instant or sorcery, copy it and cast it on Dimitr.
    3/2
    "One rarely succeeds without help from others. If you need help, you can turn to me, or any of us."

Claude, Heir of Leisure 2G(W/U)
    Legendary Creature - Human Archer
    Reach
    Whenever ~ blocks a creature, ~ gains +0+1. If ~'s toughness is 6 or more, ~ assigns damage with his toughness rather than his power.
    1(W/G): ~ can block an additional creature this turn.
    1/3
    "People say I'm not very noble. That's a compliment, right?"
    Zodi, quit pandering . Edelgard would fit in Mardu colors very well. Her first ability is fuctionally a good choice, but a bit odd for the character. The second ability is definitely in line with the character, and useful while not being broken. In regards with Dimitri and Claude: Not fully sure why Dimitri can counter spells, and wondering what happens if he counters an instant or sorcery that couldn't target him. (Also, the copy bit's wording is wonky.) Claude on the other hand has an excellent design.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands' Joker, Thief of Heart
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Joker, Thief of Heart 2BR
    Legendary Creature - Human Rogue MR
    First Strike, Menace
    Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, tap target creature that player owns and gain control of it until the end of your next turn.
    All-out Attack - As long as you control no nonattacking creatures, other creatures you control have menace.
    3/3

Spoiler: Planeswalker versions
    Show
    Joker, the Wild Card - 2RB
    Legendary Planeswalker - Joker MR
    Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, put a loyalty counter on this planeswalker.
    -1: Create a black aura enchantment token named Persona with Enchant Creature and Totem Armor
    -3: Untap and gain control of target creature until end of turn. It gains haste until end of turn.
    -7: You get an emblem with, “Flunge - as long as you control no nonattacking creatures, creatures can’t block.”
    Loyalty: 4

Joker, the Wild Card - 2RB
    Legendary Planeswalker - Joker MR
    Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, put a loyalty counter on this planeswalker.
    -1: Create a red and black aura enchantment token named Persona with Enchant Creature and, "Enchanted creature has Menace."
    -3: Untap and gain control of target creature until end of turn. It gains haste until end of turn.
    -7: Create a 7/7 red and black Avatar creature token with flying and deathtouch. You may activate one of this planeswalker's loyalty abilities an additional time this turn.
    Loyalty: 4

Spoiler: Mega-fixlog!
    Show
    I originally made Joker a planeswalker because igniting hidden potential and traversing another plane of existence is pretty much a persona user's whole deal.

Eventually, though, I realized all of the best Ult. abilities I could think of would work better on a creature. I combined that revelation with the fact that planeswalkers can't be Commander commanders by default and decided maybe I should make Joker a creature after all. I changed Flunge to All-out Attack for the setting flavor and the end result is probably much better. Maybe.

The all-out attack originally read the same as the planeswalker's Flunge, but that was probably overpowered. The italicized text already does the heavy lifting for the flavor I need, so I nerfed it to something that your opponent will probably forget about until it kills them.

The version of the Mask/persona enchantment that grants Menace is a slight nod to Imposing Visage. I keep debating whether it should be mono-red.

The mono-black Persona enchantment - made to help balance all of the Red inherent in stealing hearts - has Totem Armor because black gets regeneration, because personas help guard against distortion in the game, and because it's nice to mirror to Estrid's version of the masks. I can never actually give it Enchant Permanent like Estrid does, though. That's way outside of the red/black purview.

Added First Strike and Menace to the creature version to make it harder to block. First Strike is like evasion, right? Since he skulks around and sneaks attacks enemies all the time? Yes? Good.
    I'm actually slightly disappointed now, as you were the only poster to have something other than a creature for the card. A 3/3 First Strike Menace for 4 mana is reasonable. The two abilities don't seem to mesh very well, however; as unless you had a way to give that creature haste and a way to have multiple combats per turn, all you would be doing is keeping an opponent down a creature per turn.
    Spoiler: Joker, the Wild Card (Mk 2)
    Show
    Not a legal commander outside of Brawl or Oathbreaker, neither of which seems to have held up well. No uptick abilities of it's own, but if you swing with the team and enough creatures deal damage, you could easily ultimate Joker the same turn you cast commander. Goblins would definitely love this.

Spoiler: ben-zayb's Pete, Bringer of Bounty
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Pete, Bringer of Bounty UG
    Legendary Creature - Human Farmer M
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay X. If you do, put a produce counter on each of X target lands you control.
    Remove three produce counters from a land you control: Add WUBRG.
    XWWUUBBRRGG: Gain control of target creature or planeswalker with converted mana cost X.
    2/2

From Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
    This is a ridiculous card. Mana rocks and a proliferate engine allow you to get three counter on your lands without too much fuss allowing you to get WUBRG more or less at will, meaning you can activate the last ability easily. This is another card that paints a target on the player's back.

Spoiler: Quiddle's Undyne the Undying
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Undyne the Undying 2RW
    Legendary Creature - Merfolk Knight
    Menace
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield it deals damage equal to it's power to any target then you gain life equal to the damage done this way.
    Unearth 2B
    3/4
    Unearth on a commander is odd, but a tad clever; Since as it's the commander you can then send it to the command zone at the end of turn. The etb helix effect can be useful. Actually a decent card. Missing rarity.

Spoiler: Ninjaman's The Beheaded
    Show
    The Beheaded - RB
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Warrior - M
    The Beheaded gets +X/+X where X is the amount of experience counters you have.
    When The Beheaded dies, return The Beheaded from your graveyard to the top of your library. You get an experience counter.
    2/2

From Dead Cells
    So this has to be exiled, bounced, or pacified? A 2/2 for 2 that keeps coming back from the dead, and gets stronger each time you kill it. I like it! I would not, however like playing against it.

Spoiler: mythmonster2's Sin, the Forgotten One
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Sin, the Forgotten One 1BB
    Legendary Creature- God(R)
    Menace
    Sin, the Forgotten One can't attack or block unless an opponent controls a legendary creature.
    Whenever a legendary creature dies or is exiled, put three +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.
    When Sin, the Forgotten One dies, you may exile it. Whenever another legendary creature dies or is exiled, you may return Sin to the battlefield from exile.
    4/4

Sin, from Path of Exile. Not totally sure if I got that last ability phrased right.
    Sin is a 4/4 God for 3, and cares about legendary creatures. If Sin were to die/get exiled he'd pump one of your other creatures before waiting to come back. I like this, it seems balanced.

Spoiler: Eternis' Ganon, Rampant Conquerer/Ganon of the Broken Cycle
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Ganon, Rampant Conquerer 5RBBU
    Legendary Creature - Avatar MR
    When ~ enters the battlefield, for each opponent, put a Vile counter on target creature or artifact that player controls. Then, for each permanent a player controls with a Vile counter on it, that player may pay 3 life. If they don't, gain control of that permanent.

~ has all activated abilities of permanents with Vile counters on them.

At the end of each turn, if there are no permanents on the battlefield with Vile counters on them, transform ~.

6/4
    ///////

Ganon of the Broken Cycle (is blue black and red)
    Legendary Creature - Avatar
    Indestructible, Trample
    10/10

First draft, almost certainly needs some fixing.
    The front side's abilities are definitely Grixis. The second ability only giving activated abilities is relevant, as a good number of creatures and artifacts have silly static or triggered abilities, and this wouldn't take those. The flip side is simple, but is respectable, a 10/10 indestructible trampler is nothing to scoff at, although a pacifism effect or a tap-don't-untap effect would neuter Ganon hard.

Spoiler: Durkoala's Lance, Gunralissimo
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Lance, Gunralissimo XWBR
    Legendary creature—Human Soldier MR

When ~ enters the battlefield, choose 1
    (Y is equal to half X, rounded down):

-Create a legendary X/X colourless Tank artefact creature
    token with trample called Neon Valkyrie.
    -Create Y 1/1 colourless Thopter artefact creature tokens
    with flying.
    -Create X Mine Artefact tokens with '3,T, sacrifice
    this token: It does 2 damage to any target'

2WW: Return ~ to his owner's hand or the command zone.

3/3

Spoiler: image
    Show

Lance from Epic Battle Fantasy 5. He variously plays the parts of Boss, Final Boss, rival and party member throughout the series, but this card is mostly based on his EBF5 incarnation. (where he ges from boss to party member and has something of a redemption arc, for those interested)
    Hey, Epic Battle Fantasy, nice! The etb modal triggered ability (wasn't that last challenge ) has three good choices, go tall, go (semi-)wide, or just ready your ability to blow your enemy to kingdom come. Fit's Lance's character from what I remember. The last ability annoys me however. That said it isn't horrible as the returning to owner's hand/command zone is the effect, and not the cost.

Spoiler: Unavenger's Master Yi
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Master Yi 2RR
    Creature - Human Samurai MR
    When Master Yi enters the battlefield, he deals damage equal to his power divided as you choose among any number of targets.
    T: Exile Master Yi, then return him to the battlefield tapped with a number of +1/+1 counters on him equal to his power as you activated this ability.
    "Your skills are inferior!"
    2/2

I'm not too worried about the interaction with intruder alarm/amulet of vigour + creatures you control have haste effects, because that's a 3-card combo and those usually win you the game anyway.
    That activated ability is ridiculous. It should at least have a mana cost tacked on to it. As is, it can win you the game by itself (if a tad longer than the amulet of vigor/haste combo.)Cast commander, 2 damage to an opponent's face. Next turn, tap commander, flicker him, deal 4 damage to an opponent's face. Then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, so on and so forth. A mana cost would at least force a choice of do I cast spells or do I flicker my commander.

------

Spoiler: Third place
    Show
    Spoiler: mythmonster2's Sin, the Forgotten One
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Sin, the Forgotten One 1BB
    Legendary Creature- God(R)
    Menace
    Sin, the Forgotten One can't attack or block unless an opponent controls a legendary creature.
    Whenever a legendary creature dies or is exiled, put three +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.
    When Sin, the Forgotten One dies, you may exile it. Whenever another legendary creature dies or is exiled, you may return Sin to the battlefield from exile.
    4/4

Sin, from Path of Exile. Not totally sure if I got that last ability phrased right.
    This seems like it would be an interesting commander to build around, and decently balanced.

Spoiler: Second Place
    Show
    Spoiler: Ninjaman's The Beheaded
    Show
    The Beheaded - RB
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Warrior - M
    The Beheaded gets +X/+X where X is the amount of experience counters you have.
    When The Beheaded dies, return The Beheaded from your graveyard to the top of your library. You get an experience counter.
    2/2

From Dead Cells
    A creature that just doesn't stay down will pretty much always get my (grudging) respect. Came real close to first that I had to think between this and the winner's.

Spoiler: First Place
    Show
    Spoiler: Misothene's Bowser, King of Koopas
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Bowser, King of the Koopas 2BR
    Legendary Creature- Turtle Dragon MR
    Other Turtle and Fungus creatures you control get +1/+1.
    R: Bowser, King of the Koopas gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    WUBRG: Monstrosity 5.
    As long as Bowser is monstrous, he has trample and menace.
    5/4
    This card is well balanced and captured the feel of Bowser just right.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    C'mon RNG, play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

11. - Top - End - #431

I wasn't pandering I have no idea who you are
    Spoiler: Card comment response
    Show

Concerning my card: From a thematic point of view Edelgard is trying to rise up everyone to the status of importance. You're not noble because of your bloodline, but because you're useful. Like with Alesha, her picking up strong effected cards with weak power is or CMC is the intent here. Of course her power boosting let's her bring in the big guns, but it requires a lot of investment on her part, which relates to how she's got friends in high places who maybe shouldn't be trusted but are too useful not to pay attention to. Also she's just a very uplifting person, and the flavor of reviving like this ala Alesh is "I'm grabbing your hand and saying 'we can DO this!!!'" and that is something Edelgard would do.

Dimitri is admitidly not a character I know much about since I haven't played his route yet, but basically he's a pretty powerful tactical guy from my understanding (though not as conniving as Claude) who also hates himself a lot and will take on the brunt of things himself. So flavor wise it's less him countering the spell and more him interposing his way into it. He will take on all that weight because he hates himself because he's a hero.

Also yeah Claude was just really easy to do because he slotted into the cycle I was doing perfectly.

Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Congrats to Misothene. Definitely captures Bowser well.
    A bit surprised that I introduced you to Katamari Damacy but happy to do so.

One of the things I kept in mind a bit with the prince was that, in commander people know you have him and the easiest way to show him down is to not play a 1 drop permanent if you don't have removal (or an opponents 2 drop that is worth feeding the katamari ball for). If you force them to feed a 1-drop of their own to the katamari ball, it felt like that was enough of a downside in that situation. By the time he gets out of hand, I felt like it was kind of on you if you let it get that far and it all comes undone one somebody gets rid of him.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

I'm glad you enjoyed Bowser! It was fun to try and translate him into Magic.

For the next challenge, make a monster!

You can interpret that how you like- it can be based on folklore, a cryptid, a D&D monster, a video game enemy... anything that captures the feel of a monster.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: Response
    Show
    That's not how Yi works.

He won't go 2, 4, 8, 16 - he'll go 2, 4, 6, 8 (starts with power 2, so he gets 2 +1/+1 counters to make him power 4, so he gets 4 +1/+1 counters to make him power 6). And he can't dodge a boardwipe, or immediate targeted removal. Krenko really does go exponential, with no mana cost to activate. But at the moment, Yi will take longer than most commander games will go without a boardwipe to kill anyone much.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hadalcrasher 6UUU
    Creature - Kraken M
    At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice an Island or exile ~.
    When ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, return all other permanents to their owners' hands.
    7/21
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2019-08-17 at 01:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Project Thirty-One URG
    Creature - Mutant Dinosaur (R)
    Trample, Haste
    Whenever Project Thirty-One deals combat damage, activated abilities of creatures you control cost X less to activate, where X is the amount of damage dealt, until end of turn. This effect can't reduce the amount of mana an ability costs to activate to less than one mana.
    3GU: Adapt 3 (If this creature has no +1/+1 counters on it, put three +1/+1 counters on it.)
    3/3
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-08-14 at 02:47 PM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

17. - Top - End - #437

Grisly Growth 1B
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Creature
    As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature.
    Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has menace, and is a Horror in addition to its other types.
    2: Enchanted creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

18. - Top - End - #438

Not sure how much this is a joke, so I'll spoiler it later if I come up with an actual idea.

Energetic Elixir -- 2
    Spoiler: Art
    Show
    Artifact -- Uncommon
    T: Target creature gains Haste until your next turn. Untap it. At the beginning of your next upkeep, tap that creature.
    "Unleash the Beast" -- C. Collae, marketing expert
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

19. - Top - End - #439

My submission for "Monster" as a category: Monster, by Naoki Urosawa.

Johan Liebart 1RB
    Legendary Creature - Human (MR)
    ~ cannot attack.
    Whenever ~ is tapped, destroy another target creature not controlled by ~'s owner.
    2, Pay 2 life: Gain control of ~, then tap him. Any player may play this effect, and only as a sorcery.
    0/2
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-15 at 01:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Not sure how much this is a joke, so I'll spoiler it later if I come up with an actual idea.

Energetic Elixir -- 2
    Spoiler: Art
    Show
    Artifact -- Uncommon
    T: Target creature gains Haste until your next turn. Untap it. At the beginning of your next upkeep, tap that creature.
    "Unleash the Beast" -- C. Collae, marketing expert
    I was going to do that! Now I need a new idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Spoiler: Durkoala's Lance, Gunralissimo
    Show

Hey, Epic Battle Fantasy, nice! The etb modal triggered ability (wasn't that last challenge ) has three good choices, go tall, go (semi-)wide, or just ready your ability to blow your enemy to kingdom come. Fit's Lance's character from what I remember. The last ability annoys me however. That said it isn't horrible as the returning to owner's hand/command zone is the effect, and not the cost.
    What annoys you about Lance's last ability? White occasionally gets self-bouncing, so I thought that was fine. (Originally I costed him at XWB(U/R) and it was 2UU, but that felt like I was forcing a four-colour card. So I changed it.)

Incidentally, Epic Battle Fantasy 5 is a great experience both as a game and a capstone to the series and is available to buy on Steam.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2019-08-15 at 06:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

The most heinous monster of them all! (I toyed with mimic that used Morph, but couldn't get it to feel right)

Rust Monster GGB
    Creature - Insect (U)

If Rust Monster deals combat damage to an artifact creature destory that creature.
    If Rust Monster deals combat damage a creature destroy any equipment equiped to that creature.

"My Katana! Nooooo!"

2/4
    Last edited by EvilDMMk3; 2019-08-15 at 03:12 PM.
    It is a contraction of Evil DM Mark 3. I don't know why why so many have difficulty with a standard contraction but there we are.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Please stand for the Ankh-Morpork National Anthem.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Pikachu - B
    Creature - Rat U
    R, T: Pikachu deals 1 damage to one target.
    4, T: Pikachu deals X damage to one target, where X is the number of rats you control.
    1/1
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy.

23. - Top - End - #443

Dhiren Baral, the Dreaded 1WUU
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard M
    Protection from red.
    Prevent all combat damage to ~.
    Spells you control that target instant and sorcery spells cost U less to cast.
    1WU, T: Target spell that cannot be countered can be countered as though it did not have that ability.
    1/3
    "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."
    -Anonymous Dhund prisoner to Baral
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

The Holocaust of Thraben 2RBU
    Legendary Creature-Zombie Warrior M
    Haste, Deathtouch
    The Holocaust of Thraben attacks each turn if able to.
    When The Holocaust of Thraben attacks, destroy target creature defending player controls and put a +1/+1 counter on The Holocaust of Thraben
    Put a -1/-1 counter on The Holocaust of Thraben at the end of your turn.
    "Even as its vitea burned, the horror of skaabcraft desired only one thing: more blood."
    4/4
    Last edited by Necroticplague; Yesterday at 06:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Face Stealer 3BU
    Creature - Shapeshifter Horror R
    Menace

You may have Face Stealer enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it's a 4/4 Horror and has Menace.
    4/4
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

26. - Top - End - #446

ElfMonkGuy

Raised Monstrosity 3BB
    Creature- Horror (U)
    Menace
    When Raised Monstrosity enters the battlefield, exile all creature cards from all graveyards. Raised Monstrosity enters the battlefield with twice that many +1/+1 counters on it.
    0/0

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

The First Hydra 3GG
    Legendary Creature - Hydra MR
    If CARDNAME would take damage you may pay XX, if you do prevent X of that damage. Then search your library for a hydra creature with X in its cost, put it on the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each point of damage prevented this way.
    CARDNAME gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on other hydra creatures on the battlefield.
    4/4

Edit: Thanks for the feedback, I forgot about Progenitus
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-08-19 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    The First Hydra 3GG
    Legendary Creature - Hydra MR
    If CARDNAME would take damage you may pay XX, if you do prevent X of that damage. Then search your library for a hydra creature, put it on the battlefield with X +1/+1 counter on it.
    CARDNAME gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on other hydra creatures on the battlefield.
    4/4
    As it is worded I think you can choose a higher X than the damage you take.

Also, you can pay 0, and find Kalonian Hydra or Ulvenwald Hydra.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #449

Also, you can pay 0, and find Kalonian Hydra or Ulvenwald Hydra.
    or Progenitus...

I really like that card though, but maybe specify that it has to be a hydra with an X in the cost.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-08-19 at 07:48 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    or Progenitus...
    I didn't even realize that was a hydra.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature