The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Comissar View Post
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Though both Haunt and Cipher exile themselves and then use specific terminology (Haunt and Encode respectively) to attach the exiled card to the creature. Maybe have the card be exiled and 'Corrupt target creature'? The problem at the moment is that, if it's being returned to the battlefield, it does need a permanent type.
    Hmmm...the problem is, the current implementation does two things I both want that aura-haunting doesn't (act as ablative armor for Annihilator, and allow for recursion later).

Solution is simple then: Make a new permanent type!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Congruent N: When you cast this spell, until your next turn, the next spell you cast costs N less if it has a different colour to this spell.

This is a mechanic for Alara, trying to capture the feeling of a plane recovering its lost heritage, mana and geography through rewarding many-coloured decks. Most cards it's intended to be on should have an effect that it shares with a colour it doesn't have, although this is more of a design guideline than a solid rule.

Chaotic Acolyte R
    Goblin C
    Congruent 1 (When you cast this
    spell, until your next turn,the next
    spell you cast costs 1 less if it has
    a different colour to this spell.
    )

In her search for identity beyond
    Jund, Meess unwittingly became the
    first of the Unorthodox Godtouchers.

1/1

Spoiler: other examples
    Show
    Merciless Charge X2RG
    Sorcery U
    Congruent 2 (When you cast this
    spell, until your next turn,the next
    spell you cast costs 2 less if it has
    a different colour to this spell.
    )
    Choose X creatures you control. They gain
    +X/+0 and trample until end of turn. At the
    end of your turn, draw a card for each creature
    that died under your control

Vow of New Alara 3GWU
    EnchantmentóAura R
    Enchant creature
    Congruent 3
    When you cast a spell with congruent, you may
    create a token that's a copy of ~.
    Enchanted creature gets +X/+X for each copy of ~ you control, where X is its number of colours.
    ~ cannot be attached to a creature that has a card called ~ attached to it.

Nobody in Bant expected the fall of its citadels. Nobody outside
    Bant expected the survival of its ideals.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2019-07-09 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Hmmm...the problem is, the current implementation does two things I both want that aura-haunting doesn't (act as ablative armor for Annihilator, and allow for recursion later).

Solution is simple then: Make a new permanent type!
    That is the least elegant solution. If you want it to be a permanent, there is no reason it shouldn't be an aura.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    That is the least elegant solution. If you want it to be a permanent, there is no reason it shouldn't be an aura.
    yeah just give it hexproof.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Wording would be important to avoid the creature being given it too, but I agree this is the best thing to do.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Or don't, and let enchantment removal work on it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #277

Selesnyan Harbinger 2GW
    Creature - Elf Warrior U
    Camaraderie (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn)
    When Selesnyan Harbinger enters the battlefield, look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal any number of creatures with power 2 or less from from among them and put them into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    2/2
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2019-07-09 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Ninjaman's right twice over
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gruul Bloodcaller RG2
    Creature - Minotaur Druid R
    Tap, Sacrifice a creature you control: Gain (G)(R) Mana
    Zeal (R/G) (You may cast this spell for (R/G) instead of its normal cost as though it had Flash. A creature summoned this way has Haste and "Sacrifice this creature at the beginning of the next end step").

"Mind the Gruul 'round here. They're more ruthless than stupid and that's sayin' somethin'." - Boros Scout
    3/3
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-09 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes while maintaining balance with default options.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

A Return to Ixlan Mechanic

Piggish Ankylosaurus 2RG
    Creature - Dinosaur (R)
    Appetite - 2 (At the beginning of your upkeep you may sacrifice any number of creatures, for each creature sacrificed this way place two +1/+1 counters on this creature. If a +1/+1 counter is placed on this creature, it is fed until end of turn.)
    If Piggish Ankylosaurus was fed this turn, whenever it attacks you may have it deal X damage to any target and untap X lands you control, where X is the amount of +1/+1 counters on Piggish Ankylosaurus.
    4/4
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-07-08 at 07:12 PM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gonna revisit to corrupted Innistrad werewolves, or at least those that remain.

Sinuous Prowler 4g
    Creature-Eldrazi Werewolf
    Sinuous Prowler cannot be blocked by more than one creature.
    Corrupt Creature (When this card would enter the graveyard from the battlefields, exile it corrupting chosen creature you control. When the creature corrupted by this card would be sacrificed, you may instead put this card in the graveyard and have the creature become no longer corrupted by this card. If the creature this card is corrupting would leave the battlefield, put this card in its owner's graveyard.)
    Creatures corrupted by this card gain 'this creature cannot be blocked by more than one creature'.
    4/4
    I feel like the Corrupt Creature effect might be better as an Aura. That fits how other "curse" effects are applied. Something like:

Corrupt Creature (When this creature dies, it becomes an Aura, enchanting a creature you control, with "When the enchanted creature would be sacrificed, you may instead sacrifice this enchantment")
    While this card is an Aura card, it has "Enchanted creature cannot be blocked by more than one creature"
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-08 at 06:14 PM.
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes while maintaining balance with default options.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Reincarnate (when ~ dies from combat damage, create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white angel with flying and no mana cost. It loses Reincarnate.)
    What does it mean to "die from combat damage?" How does that interact with having noncombat damage marked on it either before or after combat? I'd suggest either "dies during combat" or just "dies" to make the mechanic easier to process.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    I have an idea that would work on either either Myrodin or any other plane where artefacts are common. Assuming Myrodin for now.

Salvage [value]

When an permanent with salvage is sent from play to the graveyard its controller can add the mana listed to their pool. The card must have successfully entered play for this ability to be used (ie, not countered, discarded etc).

Magmacore Myr 3
    Artefact creature-Myr U
    If destroyed in combat deal 1 to another creature in the same combat
    Salvage [R]
    Their unstable power-cores make them almost as dangerous as scrap are they are functional.
    2/2
    For the mechanic, I'd suggest adding some language stopping the mana from emptying from your mana pool until the end of the turn. Otherwise, salvage creatures dying in combat will do so uselessly most of the time.

For the card, "in the same combat" isn't a phrase that has any rules meaning.

Gonna revisit to corrupted Innistrad werewolves, or at least those that remain.

Sinuous Prowler 4g
    Creature-Eldrazi Werewolf
    Sinuous Prowler cannot be blocked by more than one creature.
    Corrupt Creature (When this card would enter the graveyard from the battlefields, exile it corrupting chosen creature you control. When the creature corrupted by this card would be sacrificed, you may instead put this card in the graveyard and have the creature become no longer corrupted by this card. If the creature this card is corrupting would leave the battlefield, put this card in its owner's graveyard.)
    Creatures corrupted by this card gain 'this creature cannot be blocked by more than one creature'.
    4/4
    Others have gotten at this, but I think you're looking for something that transforms into an Aura. From there you can add rules text specifically protecting against sacrifice effects, or add Totem Armor since sacrifice effects don't get used nearly as often as destroy effects.

Cavalier Collector - 1WB
    Creature - Vampire Knight - R
    Debt (When this creature dies, return it to the battlefield if it isn't a spirit, except it's a Spirit instead of its other creature types. It gains flying.)
    Lifelink
    Whenever Cavalier Collector or another creature enters the battlefield under your control, each opponent lose 1 life. If that creature entered the battlefield from a graveyard, or was cast from a graveyard, each opponent lose 2 life instead.
    He collects the debts of others, in the hope he will not have to pay his own.
    2/2
    This seems perfectly functional, but aren't Vampires already undead outside of Innistrad? Wouldn't it make more sense for this to be a human?

Gruul Bloodcaller RG2
    Creature - Minotaur Druid R
    Tap, Sacrifice a creature you control: Gain (G)(R)(1) Mana
    Frenzy (R/G) (You may cast this spell for (R/G) instead of its normal cost as though it had Flash. A creature summoned this way has Haste and "Sacrifice this creature at the beginning of the next end step").

"Mind the Gruul 'round here. They're more ruthless than stupid and that's sayin' somethin'." - Boros Scout
    3/3
    First, there is already a mechanic named Frenzy. Second, the card is way too powerful, as since you can sacrifice the creature to its own ability it gives you 3 mana on turn 1, making it arguably stronger than Dark Ritual.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Colossus in the Playground

Thanks Miso, I always make this mistake.

Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    Selesnyan Harbinger 2GW
    Creature - Elf Warrior U
    Camaraderie (Whenever you cast another creature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn)
    When ~ enters the battlefield, look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal any number of creatures with power 2 or less from from among them and put them into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    2/2
    Selesnya has always been about creature tokens, many of which are created by spells which aren't creatures. Wouldn't it make more sense to make it trigger off creatures hitting the battlefield, so it had synergy with what Selesnya usually does?

Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    This seems perfectly functional, but aren't Vampires already undead outside of Innistrad? Wouldn't it make more sense for this to be a human?
    Probably, I don't think that means they can't still owe debts though. My "head flavor" for it was actually that becoming a vampire was what caused his debt.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #284

Selesnya has always been about creature tokens, many of which are created by spells which aren't creatures. Wouldn't it make more sense to make it trigger off creatures hitting the battlefield, so it had synergy with what Selesnya usually does?
    You're right, that would make more sense.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    You're right, that would make more sense.
    It might need an "under your control" clause.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    First, there is already a mechanic named Frenzy. Second, the card is way too powerful, as since you can sacrifice the creature to its own ability it gives you 3 mana on turn 1, making it arguably stronger than Dark Ritual.
    I'll probably change it to "Zeal" as the name for the mechanic, and change the value of the mana gain to RG. Thanks for the info!

5th Edition Homebrewery

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

How about changing it to the following:

Salvage [value]

When an permanent with salvage would be sent from play to the graveyard, exile it. Until the end of the current turn you can add the listed manna to your manna pool. If you do, send the card to the graveyard. At the end of the current turn if the card is still exiled, send it to the graveyard. The card must have successfully entered play for this ability to be used (ie, not countered, discarded etc).

Magmacore Myr 3
    Artefact creature-Myr U
    If destroyed in combat deal 1 to a creature it was attacking or blocking.
    Salvage [R]
    Their unstable power-cores make them almost as dangerous as scrap are they are functional.
    2/2

Also another idea

The Cannibal Factory
    Legendary Land R
    T ; Generate 1
    T 2 ; Create a 1/1 Artefact Creature token.
    Whenever an artefact creature you control dies add 1 scrap token to The Cannibal Factory.
    Salvage [x] - [x] is Black mana equal to the number of Scrap tokens on this card when exiled.
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-07-09 at 11:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Bounty (X): When this card is put into the graveyard from the battlefield or the stack, each opponent creates a number of Treasure tokens equal to the card's Bounty value. Multiple instances of Bounty stack.

Intended for everyone's favourite Grixis pirates, Bounty is intself a pure downside mechanic, however, it allows for extremely aggressively costed effects. At least in theory.

Brazen Corsair 1R
    Creature - Human Pirate
    Bounty 3
    Menace
    The greater the infamy, the greater the prize.
    3/3

Spoiler: Other examples:
    Show

Gilded Regeneration BB
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant creature put onto the battlefield with ~
    Bounty 4
    As ~ enters the battlefield, put target creature card from your graveyard onto the battlefield. (No player can do anything until the enchantment is attached to the creature.)
    If enchanted creature would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else.

Price On Your Head RU
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant creature an opponent controls.
    Enchanted creature has Bounty 2.
    When enchanted creature dies, draw a card.

Inspiration Of Gold UU
    Sorcery R
    Bounty 3
    Draw three cards.
    If this spell becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, its Bounty value becomes 1.

Dusk Legion Bounty Hunter 2W
    Creature - Vampire Warrior R
    First strike
    Whenever a creature with Bounty that has been dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, create two Treasure tokens.
    She will have her coin.
    3/2

Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2019-07-10 at 04:00 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My gripe with the Bounty effect is that it could go entirely to someone who didn't attempt to remove it.
    Player A summons the bounty, attacks player B,
    Player B kills the Bounty, which goes to Player C (because Player A doesn't want to help the Player who killed his creature).

In this example, Player B is the one that's hit, the one that spends the resource to remove the threat (as he was the one who was attacked), and is not the one who doesn't gain the Bounty. Meanwhile, the player who did nothing is one card ahead of both players, has more health than Player B, and has a bunch of Treasure. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I don't think I like it (as it incentivizes...doing nothing, I guess?)
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-09 at 05:59 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Electric Goblin R
    Creature - Goblin Pirate U
    Bounty 2
    Haste
    Fast. Powerful. Makes for excellent ammunition.
    3/1
    You're aware Goblin Guide is one of the best aggressive creatures ever printed, right?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

@Man_Over_Game: Eh, I wasn't really that concerned with how it played out in multiplayer but I changed it up so ALL opponents get treasure. Share the wealth!

@Ninjaman: What, forget about Goblin Guide? I would never do such a thing. Coincidentally, I decided to change my entry. Complete coincidence. Yup.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think the Bounty is a bit too high for that power level of creature. 2 cost 3/1 with Menace isn't that far from being acceptable, and definitely not worth 3 treasures per opponent. R with Haste was fine with 3 bounty, but the current version could be fine with just 1 bounty.

Although your new version of Bounty does give me a cool idea, something like a Midas statue that explodes when you destroy it:
    Midas Sentinel 5
    Artifact Creature: Golem
    Deathtouch, First Strike, Defender.
    When ~ dies, it deals 1 damage to all creatures.
    Bounty 4.
    1/6
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-10 at 05:01 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

R with Haste was fine with 3 bounty
    It really wasn't. In a red aggro deck, if you don't deal with it within 2 turns, you're probably going to lose. That's not okay for a 1 drop, especially if they go first.

That said bounty 3 on the two drop is probably a bit much compared with the 4/3 wanted scoundrels. Depends on how they'd fit into deck archetypes given the different colours though.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Blood-chin Lurcher - B
    Creature - Zombie R
    Flunge - Whenever this creature attacks, if you control no nonattacking creatures, this creature gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
    Cannibals of Clan Kolaghan commonly suffer from a degenerative illness called, 'The Crave.' In the later stages, it's hard to tell whether one was once human or orc, but they're still useful enough in battle.
    1/1

Spoiler: Changelog
    Show
    - Changed from Rare to Common: It's meant to be pretty powerful, but it's not really flashy enough to be rare and one-drops feel weird at uncommon.
    - Changed from menace to deathtouch: It feels stronger, but is actually probably weaker since an opponent can reasonably trade with it on turn two. The menace version would be comparatively annoying to deal with for the first, like, five turns of the game.

- 7/14: Changed back to menace and rare, because clearly I'm a madman? The fact that it's so annoying and potent in the focused Flunge deck, yet still not worth more than one mana in constructed... it might actually work out.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-07-14 at 01:01 AM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Mage-Ring of Accumulation 2G
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Add one mana of any color." and "3G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature".
    The mage-rings of Vryn have to be ready for mana surges at any time.

Spoiler: Cycle
    Show
    Mage-Ring of Vitality 2W
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: You gain 1 life" and "3W, T: Target creature gets +2/+4 until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Foresight 2U
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Scry 1" and "3U, T: Draw a card."

Mage-Ring of Servitude 2B
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Put the top card of your library into your graveyard" and "3B, T: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand."

Mage-Ring of Adrenaline 2R
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains haste until end of turn" and "3R, T: This permanent deals 2 damage to any target."

Mage-Ring of Forethought 1WU
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Tap target creature with power 4 or greater" and "2WU, T: Return target creature to its owner's hand."

Mage-Ring of Anathaema 1WB
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Exile target card from a graveyard" and "2WB, T: Target creature you control gains lifelink and deathtouch until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Illumination 1WR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target instant or sorcery spell gains lifelink" and "2WR, T: Target creature deals damage to itself equal to its power."

Mage-Ring of Unity 1WG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn" and "2WG, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 for each creature you control until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Insanity 1UB
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target player puts the top 2 cards of their library into their graveyard" and "2UB, T: Return target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less from an opponent's graveyard to the battlefield under your control."

Mage-Ring of Invention 1UR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Draw a card, then discard a card" and "2UR, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control with converted mana cost 4 or less."

Mage-Ring of Growth 1UG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Move a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control to another creature you control" and "2UG, T: Proliferate"

Mage-Ring of Betrayal 1BR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Any number of creatures you control deal 1 damage to those creature's owners." and "2BR, T: Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste."

Mage-Ring of Decay 1BG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Sacrifice a creature" and "2BG, T: Whenever a creature dies this turn, creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Wildfire 1RG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains trample until end of turn" and "2GR, T: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Blood-chin Lurcher - B
    Creature - Zombie C
    Flunge - Whenever this creature attacks, if you control no nonattacking creatures, this creature gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
    Cannibals of Clan Kolaghan commonly suffer from a degenerative illness called, 'The Crave.' In the later stages, it's hard to tell whether one was once human or orc, but they're still useful enough in battle.
    1/1
    It bugs me that this naturally synergizes with Exalted decks (which are predominantly White).

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Mage-Ring of Accumulation 2G
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Add one mana of any color." and "3G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature".
    The mage-rings of Vryn have to be ready for mana surges at any time.

Spoiler: Cycle
    Show
    Mage-Ring of Vitality 2W
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: You gain 1 life" and "3W, T: Target creature gets +2/+4 until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Foresight 2U
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Scry 1" and "3U, T: Draw a card."

Mage-Ring of Servitude 2B
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Put the top card of your library into your graveyard" and "3B, T: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand."

Mage-Ring of Adrenaline 2R
    Artifact - Ring C
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains haste until end of turn" and "3R, T: This permanent deals 2 damage to any target."

Mage-Ring of Forethought 1WU
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Tap target creature with power 4 or greater" and "2WU, T: Return target creature to its owner's hand."

Mage-Ring of Anathaema 1WB
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Exile target card from a graveyard" and "2WB, T: Target creature you control gains lifelink and deathtouch until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Illumination 1WR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target instant or sorcery spell gains lifelink" and "2WR, T: Target creature deals damage to itself equal to its power."

Mage-Ring of Unity 1WG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn" and "2WG, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 for each creature you control until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Insanity 1UB
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target player puts the top 2 cards of their library into their graveyard" and "2UB, T: Return target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less from an opponent's graveyard to the battlefield under your control."

Mage-Ring of Invention 1UR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Draw a card, then discard a card" and "2UR, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control with converted mana cost 4 or less."

Mage-Ring of Growth 1UG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Move a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control to another creature you control" and "2UG, T: Proliferate"

Mage-Ring of Betrayal 1BR
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Any number of creatures you control deal 1 damage to those creature's owners." and "2BR, T: Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste."

Mage-Ring of Decay 1BG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Sacrifice a creature" and "2BG, T: Whenever a creature dies this turn, creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn."

Mage-Ring of Wildfire 1RG
    Artifact - Ring U
    Rings you control have "T: Target creature gains trample until end of turn" and "2GR, T: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control."
    I like the idea, but I don't like the Ring of Servitude and how specific of a deck you must have in order to utilize it. I'd replace the expensive ability with returning a card from your graveyard to your hand, making it a very expensive fishing tool.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-11 at 12:46 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

It bugs me that this naturally synergizes with Exalted decks (which are predominantly White).
    I think you're mis-reading the ability. If anything, it's the anti-exalted. You have to attack with every creature to get the trigger.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokťmon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Comissar View Post
    I think you're mis-reading the ability. If anything, it's the anti-exalted. You have to attack with every creature to get the trigger.
    Yup, realized that now. I don't like how you're not allowed to have creatures afflicted by Summoning Sickness, though. It doesn't mesh well with things that support other creatures that you'd summon during the first main phase, but that might be intentional, considering the thing has Menace and would be generally hard to interact with.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-11 at 12:45 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

29. - Top - End - #299
    Firbolg in the Playground

Judging will be delayed a bit this week.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Mechanic for bant

Rhox Safekeeper 1WG
    Creature - Rhino Knight U
    Protection from Black Creatures.
    Dauntless - Whenever a creature you control that shares a color with CARDNAME is dealt combat damage, prevent 1 of that damage, then the damage's source deals 1 damage to CARDNAME.
    2/3
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-07-18 at 02:41 AM.