The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Rise of Ants 2: The Jungle!

Vannethia, the Golden Horde

Size 44, Growth 3, Offense 4, Defense 4, Speed 4
    Skill Research 28/40
    Power Research 36/40
    Food 50/50

Colony
    Power Chamber- Holds your Power Source. Actions can be spent to do Research on the source to unlock new Power Traits.
    Central Hive- Includes the Queen's chamber, the resting areas, and the central tunnel leading to the surface. All other sections of the Colony branch off from here.
    Soldier Warren- Soldiers rest and train here, located higher up along the central tunnel to allow early reaction to attacks on the Hive.
    Food Storage- Can currently hold 50 food.
    Pit Traps- Protective traps dug around the entrance.
    Watch Posts- Regular patrols of the immediate area are based out of these.
    Treehoppers- You have 2 size of treehoppers (1 size fully grown, 1 size freshly hatched), hatched and raised in the hive. Feeding them requires either a hive action or 3 hero actions until you figure out a way to stop them from leaving, but this is currently the responsibility of a Hopper Feeding Force.
    Garden Plot- You have grown plants here. These are a consistent source of food, adding a flat 2 to all food gathering (except it’s actually 4 because of your Life powers). This is gathered each turn by the Food Force.
    You have now grown Heliconia shrubs here, with their strange, beautiful hanging flowers.
    Plant Spikes- Your newest defense consists of plants grown into spiky, hazardous shapes, as grown by Theoanta and Ant-Eye.
    Experiment Tunnel- This tunnel provides a safe place to do experiments without risking danger for the rest of the hive.
    Colony Subgroups- Your Hive Partitioning skill lets you divide smaller groups from the colony.
    -Food Force- This group gathers food every turn, and brings in the 2 (well, 4) food per turn from your garden. Force 1/3
    -Hopper Feeding Force- This force feeds the treehoppers every turn, and keeps them from leaving the hive. Force 2/3
    -Power Research Force- This group researches Power every turn. Force 3/3
    -Myrmidons- Antitan found the most promising soldiers in the colony for this squad, and has been experimenting on them so they can be more effective fighters. Currently, he has increased their Defense to 7 and Offense to 6 by strengthening their chitin and adding forelimb spikes as weapons.

Discoveries
    Power Source- A perfect, bright golden orb that emits strange magical energies, located in your Power Chamber. Allows you to research Power. You now know how to avert the effects of failure during research, so even a critical failure won’t cause anything bad to happen.
    Great Tree- The colony is built underneath an enormous, beautiful tree, larger than those around it and surrounded by undergrowth. The entrance to your colony is between two of its roots, with the main trunk to the north of the entrance. Apparently has the potential to boost magic effects using your Life powers.
    Treehoppers- Small creatures that look like leaves at a distance and move around by jumping. They live high on the tree, as well as on the smaller plants around it, where they drink sap by piercing the plant with their mouthparts. They secrete a sweet fluid sometimes.
    You have now discovered that baby treehoppers (nymphs) look exactly like smaller adults, unlike ant larvae, and molt periodically. In addition, you now know that unlike ants, all treehoppers are capable of mating. They lay eggs inside the plants they live on.
    Dave has dissected a treehopper, and discovered that their digestive tract loops back on itself for some reason. He theorizes that the honeydew is there to get rid of all the water in the sap they drink.
    Walking Sticks- The other type of insect that lives on your tree, these are far larger than you or the treehoppers and are indistinguishable from sticks while they stand still.
    Stream- Wider across than the length of a hundred ants, this stream is south of the Great Tree. It flows from west to east, and was discovered to turn northward after a while by Fiona and Antigone. You have now marked its banks with pheromones.
    New discoveries by Antigone and Fiona show that it flows northeast for quite some time, farther than a turn’s journey, after which it joins with an even larger stream that flows north.
    Sloth- An enormous creature that is located in a neighboring tree. It has four limbs with three claws on each, gray-green fur, and does not like to move very much.
    Klaffet- Another hive of ants that live in a tree far to the north-northeast. Antigone has talked to them and gone into the hive. It is a roughly spherical mass of leaves woven together with silk, and it is inhabited by small red ants. They have a Power Source, which is red-orange and is not a sphere. Antigone has brought a group of Klaffese ants to Vannethia as diplomats.
    Antitan has learned that Klaffese soldiers are stronger than your own, and that the hive is younger than yours but also grows faster, so the two are approximately the same size as of turn 14. However, you have more defenses on your hive, and have 9 heroes to Klaffet’s 4.
    Heliconia- A strange plant with even stranger, yet beautiful flowers that look like red beaks or claws. You can plant its seeds if you want.
    Poison- Antigone discovered that certain plants can be affected by Life magic in such a way to produce a very deadly poison. She knows how she made it, and can recognize the plant, but does not know how to get its seeds.
    Centipede- Fiona once saw a great brown-black arthropod, bigger than a walking stick, with many legs and long antennae - and it seemed predatory.
    Unknown Colony- Fiona has encountered some large black ants with dangerous-looking mouths and stingers, and followed them back to their colony. It is located near to the bank of the first stream.

Biological Traits
    Appearance: You used to look like most other ants, with black chitin and three rings of golden yellow around the abdomen.
    After gaining Life powers, your black chitin has started to turn more towards green. Your golden stripes, however, remain unaffected.
    Swarm- Doubles the outcome of an action, positive or negative. 3 turn cooldown. Ready to use.

Skill Traits
    Rudimentary Tools- Some workers have begun using small objects (sticks, rocks, etc) as tools to help them work more effectively.
    Growing- You can plant and grow seeds, and then harvest the plants.
    Hive Partitioning- You can create task forces for specific purposes within your hive.

Power Traits
    Life (moderate) - You have an increased rapport with the growth and form of the life around you - and this jungle is teeming with life.
    -Growth Aura- Plants around Vannethia and the Great Tree grow much faster and larger. You gain a 100% bonus to all food gathered, and all plants grow to maturity within 2 turns.
    -Regeneration- Given a few turns and some extra food, Vannethian ants can recover from any injury that doesn’t kill them outright, whether it’s just a scratch on their chitin or the loss of four legs.
    -Plant Manipulation- The art of using your Life powers to accelerate the growth of plants and make them into a particular shape.
    - -Ladder Plant- Discovered by Theoanta, this is an easily climbable shape.
    - -Spike Plant Discovered by Theoanta and Zektak, this shape can be used as a defense. They are set up around the hive entrance.
    -Quicken Growth- Your eggs will hatch and grow into adult ants very quickly, even within a turn.

Hero Traits
    Strengthen Self- Using your Life powers, you can strengthen your chitin and muscles to double your Attack or Armor, or gain a 50% bonus to both. Currently known by JoJoAnt, Antitan, Zektak, Dave, and Antimony.
    Untiring- Thanks to your Life power, you can go for extended periods of time without food or rest. When traveling long distances, this can effectively double your Speed due to no longer needing to stop. Currently known by JoJoAnt, Fiona, Antimony, Zektak, Dave, Antigone, and Theoanta.
    Heal Self- If a hero takes damage, they can heal themself for up to 2 health. Currently known by JoJoAnt, Zektak, Antitan, Dave, and Antimony.
    Wings- Antimony, JoJoAnt, and Zektak have managed to grow wings. For Antimony, it took all of the physical and magical energy she had, but she did it. JoJoAnt did it with energy provided by Zektak, and Zektak with help from Antimony. All three heroes now know how to fly with them, and JoJoAnt has learned how to fight in the air.
    Chitin Shaping- You can use your Life power to shape your exoskeleton in useful ways.
    -Forelimb Spikes- Antitan has figured out how to create spikes on his forelimbs to use as weapons, which add 1 to his Attack.

Heroes - In Hive
    JoJoAnt: Soldier - Health 6, Attack 3, Armor 3, Speed 2, Skill 1, Power 2
    Ant-Eye Aircraft Weaponry: Power Seeker - Health 5, Attack 1, Armor 1, Speed 3, Skill 2, Power 5
    Antimony: Power Seeker - Health 5, Attack 1, Armor 1, Speed 3, Skill 2, Power 5
    Dave Foreici Espimoda: Pit Boss - Health 6, Attack 1, Armor 2, Speed 2, Skill 3, Power 3
    Antitan: Guardian - Health 8, Attack 1 (2 with spikes), Armor 4, Speed 1, Skill 1, Power 2
    Theoanta: Generalist - Health 6, Attack 2, Armor 2, Speed 2, Skill 3, Power 2
    Zektak: Power Seeker - Health 5, Attack 1, Armor 1, Speed 3, Skill 2, Power 5
    Fiona: Speedster - Health 5, Attack 2, Armor 1, Speed 6, Skill 2, Power 1

Heroes - Outside Hive
    Antigone: Speedster - Health 5, Attack 2, Armor 1, Speed 6, Skill 2, Power 1 - west of Klaffet
    Last edited by Sniccups; 2019-06-28 at 03:48 PM.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power
    -Build some defenses around the base of the tree.

Fiona (f)shall (f)stealthily follow (f)her fellow (f)ants (f)back (f)to (f)their (f)home.

How, you ask? Simple!
    Spoiler: Stealth skills
    Show
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalZandax View Post
    Why doesn't Dave make a body instead of waiting for one?
    Because it would be a waste of hive resources as things currently stand- and he's the only one with any present interest in the matter. Dave is many things, but wastefully selfish isn't one of them.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research Weapons
    -Build some defenses around the base of the tree.

A hive with stronger soldiers than ours is worrisome. Antitan redoubles his efforts to use life powers to strengthen the soldiers; especially the Myrmidons, but also he regular forces.

How do we even research Growth? Do we stand around the queen and chant "Lay eggs faster! Lay eggs faster!" ?

Eternis: Why not make a body of one of the wild treehoppers up in the tree?
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Research New Life Power

Zektak will try to grow wings! Oh, and if there is time left, teach Antimony Strenghten Self.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-22 at 12:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Guys. What? What are you doing? They're clearly friendly. Don't piss them off with attacks or sneaking into their hive. We already did the risky play of bringing them home and allowing them to see what's going on in our hive. If you want to find out what's going on in theirs, why not just try asking? So far every creature we've met has been nice or ambivalent to us. Why on earth would we start up hostilities? If we play our cards right we could just ask this other hive to join with ours. No fighting over power sources or space or resources required. Y'all're making me sads. (I mean, not seriously. But seriously guys! C'mon now.)

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power
    -Experiment with growing an organic fibrous/muscle-like construction material

Antimony will help Zektak grow wings. Hopefully someone helps her out with learning Strengthen-Self

@Sniccups: I think it would be helpful if you had the full hive run down in the first or maybe second post of the thread so it was always easy to find the most up to date version. If you want to keep the first post as is, those of us who posted before you second post could delete the posts between them.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-06-22 at 11:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Zektak will help Antimony out with Strenghten Self if there is time left after the growing of wings.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

@Ramsus Those ants aren't the Klaffet ants they are on the opposite side of our hive.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

- Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Build some defences around the base of the tree.

JoJoAnt works on a secret hero trait!
    Spoiler: Sniccups only
    Show
    He tries to use his life power to force himself into an adrenaline rush and tries to stack it with strengthen self

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalZandax View Post
    @Ramsus Those ants aren't the Klaffet ants they are on the opposite side of our hive.
    The others weren't very specific about that. Still as far as I know those ants have also done absolutely nothing to us.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@Sniccups: I think it would be helpful if you had the full hive run down in the first or maybe second post of the thread so it was always easy to find the most up to date version. If you want to keep the first post as is, those of us who posted before you second post could delete the posts between them.
    Oh, sorry! I guess it has been a while since I posted the Hive Stats. I'll do that now.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

I mean yeah, but that wasn't what I was saying. Just because that's the way it was done in the last game doesn't mean you have to do it that way this time around.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I mean yeah, but that wasn't what I was saying. Just because that's the way it was done in the last game doesn't mean you have to do it that way this time around.
    I've already started trying to put it at the top of the page, and I don't really like to break things like that partway through the game.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

My Nexus character

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Turn 15: Looping Back Around

Actions
    -Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research new Life power
    -Build defenses

Theoanta assists in increasing Growth.

With Antimony’s help, Zektak grows wings of his own (which is much less draining than it was for Antimony, because you have more powerful Life magic and two heroes). In return, Zektak teaches Antimony to use Strengthen Self.

JoJoAnt has no success on his new idea for an ability.

Dave ventures up into the Great Tree and kills a wild treehopper in order to dissect it. He discovers that their oddly-shaped plant-piercing mouth leads to an oddly shaped digestive tract, which loops back on itself and then leads to the part where the honeydew is secreted. He can’t figure out why, though.

Antigone prepares some food for a feast, as a means to interact with the Klaffese heroes. She then makes the journey to Klaffet, getting there much faster than she could with the Klaffese ants.

Antitan further strengthens the exoskeletons of the Myrmidons, increasing their Defense to 7.

Fiona follows the mysterious ants. They travel due west for some time, then south, and eventually reach a colony that you did not previously know about. It is populated by large black ants with wicked-looking mouthparts and stingers.

Research Skill
    Failure

(…
    Literally any success here would have given you your next skill trait. Low rolls can’t be avoided, I suppose)

Research Growth
    Using your Life powers, you make some alterations to how the queen’s body works, raising your Growth by 1.

Research new Life power
    You figure out how regular ants, rather than just heroes, can use Plant Shaping. Now any Vannethian ants can band together and grow a plant to fit their needs.

Build defenses around the Great Tree
    You don’t know how to build! Building requires the related Skill Trait. As such, you don’t figure out any defenses other than the ones you already have.

The Food Force brings in the 8 food from the garden, and discovers another large growth of fungus, providing 12 more food! Only 6 fits in the Storage, and the other 6 is left there to be gathered later.

The Treehopper Feeding Force brings the hoppers outside to eat.

The Power Research Force gives you +2 Power.

4 Food consumed
    +3 Size from Growth

Begin Voting!
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

My Nexus character

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

- Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Expand Garden, maybe using some of that fungal growth?

Edit: Dave will continue his investigations, following the suggestion below of possible- turning the skin/exoskeleton transparent enough to examine the digestive system- but if not, with more wild tree-hopper deaths as necessary, while keeping deaths away from our tame pals. His emphasis is either on the digestion of plant matter, or if he understands that well enough, the production and secretion of that weird liquid.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2019-06-25 at 08:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I had an Idea for you Eternis. Just use Life power to turn a Tree-hopper see-through, then you could watch the process happen, and no more deaths!

- Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Expand Garden, maybe using some of that fungal growth?

Theoanta will work on a Healing spell again.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power

Antimony will try and help with the experiment. Or do it herself if the hive doesn't (again, for some reason, even though it's other option for an action last turn was invalid).

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Expand Food Storage

Zektak thanks Antimony! Off he goes, trying to learn how to fly with his newfound wings!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power

Fiona will keep careful note of where the other colony is and head back to Vannethia.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power

Antitan will join into the experiment with Antimony, whether the hive helps or not. It's a step towards going Xenomorph, I like that...

Also, sounds like our new neighbors might be bullet ants.
    Last edited by Morgaln; 2019-06-26 at 04:38 AM.
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

21. - Top - End - #351
    Orc in the Playground

-Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research New Life Power

Antigone has a feast with the Heroes and other important people of Klaffet composed of the vannethian food she brought. Given that we have so much of it, she wants to try and set up a trade deal between the hives.
    Whether loved or hated, all characters die. A minority opinion holds that the righteous ones are really just Put on a Bus until the head writer's son gets back from his coffee break.

Thank you Honest Tiefling for this Rocking Avatar, Man I like that Tiefling.

"Sorry I couldn’t get on yesterday, personal stuff happened. Why are we lynching a boat?"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Expand Food Storage

JoJoAnt resumes the action he took last turn.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Turn 16: Antigone's Plan

Actions
    -Research Skill
    -Research Growth
    -Research new Life power
    -Experiment with growing an organic construction material

Antimony and Antitan join in the experiments detailed below.

Fiona notes where the colony of scary-looking ants is and, with her great speed, returns to Vannethia.

Zektak spends the turn figuring out how to fly.

Theoanta figures out how to use Heal Self, but makes no further progress.

JoJoAnt, unfortunately has no success this turn either while working on his secret ability.

Dave can’t figure out how to turn a treehopper transparent, so he continues his examination of dead treehoppers. He comes to a realization - they eat by drinking the sap of the plant, so the honeydew must be there to get rid of all that water in their food.

Antigone sets up the food for a feast with the Klaffese heroes. The four heroes enter, and one introduces herself.
    “Hello… Antigone, is it? I’m Arelet, and those are Elieth, Gueri, and Rhoesh
    Arelet is by far the largest ant you have seen, even larger than Antitan. The others are not quite so big, but still appear to be bigger than Antigone.
    The five hero ants, four orange-red and one green-black with gold stripes, “sit down” to the grand feast. Arelet and Gueri start eating. but Elieth and Rhoesh hesitate as they try to figure out why Antigone isn’t eating the food she prepared.
    Then Arelet drops to the ground, dead. Gueri does the same a few seconds later.
    Antigone is nowhere to be found - she has already left with her great speed.

Research Skill
    Success, Skill +2
    Next Skill Trait reached! Options below.

Research Growth
    Failure

Research new Life power
    You figure out how to accelerate the growth of your own ants. Any egg laid by the queen can hatch and grow to adulthood within a turn.
    (The main effects of this relate to A: creating new heroes if one dies, and B: the fact that high rolls on Growth research result in the birth of one or more new queens for the hive.)

Experiment with growing an organic construction material
    You grow… something. It’s gross and weird, and not particularly useful for making anything. It seems like animals just aren’t meant to grow in the same way that plants are. It would probably be much more practical to do this with something that is still alive.

The Food Force cannot even bring in all the food from the garden, since the food storage is full again, even after the ants eat.

The Treehopper Feeding Force brings the hoppers outside to eat. The new generation moults for the first time.

The Power Research Force gives you +2 Power.

5 Food consumed
    +3 Size from Growth

Begin Voting!

Spoiler: Skill Traits
    Show

Writing- Recording ideas with symbols.

Animal Training- Training insects (and bigger animals, if you can manage it) to live and work with you.

Basic Crafting- Putting things together to make more things.

Firecraft- The art of making and controlling fires.

Building- Making structures, as opposed to just digging them out.

Ant Building- Creation of things out of your own bodies. (Many types of ants do this.)

Counting and Math- Greater knowledge of numbers, ability to measure things and keep track of time, plus some arithmetic.
    Last edited by Sniccups; 2019-06-28 at 03:47 PM.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

My Nexus character

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Well this is a disheartening and confusing turn. The one big thing I wanted since the game started was 100% shut down (because apparently magic needs to obey random science rules (as interpreted by game runner) when it applies to things I want to do but not other people) and either a player went behind our backs to sabotage a peaceful arrangement for no reason or Sniccups controlled their actions to force them to do something that makes the situation problematic for us when the player might not have otherwise done that (the running away part I mean). Both of which are basically someone deciding to spoil what everyone else was cooperating to do for the enjoyment of them alone.
    It's of course possible I'm reading the situation wrong. But that's how it appears to me.

Considering the one thing I really wanted to do and build off of was hard denied and I have absolutely no idea what's happening until Sniccups or kinglinus say something to clarify what's happening here, I don't really have any strong feelings for what we do at this time.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-06-29 at 12:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Well this is a disheartening and confusing turn. The one big thing I wanted since the game started was 100% shut down (because apparently magic needs to obey random science rules (as interpreted by game runner) when it applies to things I want to do but not other people) and either a player went behind our backs to sabotage a peaceful arrangement for no reason or Sniccups controlled their actions to force them to do something that makes the situation problematic for us when the player might not have otherwise done that (the running away part I mean). Both of which are basically someone deciding to spoil what everyone else was cooperating to do for the enjoyment of them alone.
    It's of course possible I'm reading the situation wrong. But that's how it appears to me.

Considering the one thing I really wanted to do and build off of was hard denied and I have absolutely no idea what's happening until Sniccups or kinglinus say something to clarify what's happening here, I don't really have any strong feelings for what we do at this time.
    Ok, first off, I dont know what rules Sniccups is using for science and magic, but I don't think they're trying to single you out. Yes, science and magic need to follow rules, or the whole game collapses.

Second, Sniccups would never take control of a player, you know that. Before I went into this meeting I PMed and said I would gtfo if anything went wrong, and this qualifies.

Third off, I am the only one here who ever really interacted with Klaffet in a meaningful way. I don't think anyone else here can really claim that what just happened ruined anyone else's work.

Fourth, things not going as expected is fine for a game like this. If we were able to predict everything that was going to happen, the game would be boring! So let's just settle in and not point fingers at each other.
    Whether loved or hated, all characters die. A minority opinion holds that the righteous ones are really just Put on a Bus until the head writer's son gets back from his coffee break.

"Sorry I couldn’t get on yesterday, personal stuff happened. Why are we lynching a boat?"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramsus, what did you intend to mean with "organic construction material" originally? Could plants apply as organisms, or possibly the bodies of dead ants, as covered by the skill "Ant Building"?

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Expand Food Storage

Skill Vote: Writing

Zektak walks flies over to Theoanta and offers to help on that Healing spell.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-29 at 01:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Build hive defenses.

Skill Vote: Writing

Antigone heads West.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Build hive defenses.

I'll try use Life Power to make JoJoAnt's joints more flexible to get more reach during combat!
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2019-06-30 at 12:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zweanslord View Post
    Ramsus, what did you intend to mean with "organic construction material" originally? Could plants apply as organisms, or possibly the bodies of dead ants, as covered by the skill "Ant Building"?
    Neither of those things have muscle fibers in the way I meant so I don't really think so. And my intent wasn't to build structures that are growing out of living creatures (since those move on their own and then the structure would die when they do I assume otherwise why even put in a limit that you need a living creature in the first place?).
    If you've seen any sci-fi show/movie with the whole "living spaceship" concept, that's basically the kind of thing I was basing the idea off of.

@kinglinus1: Well how was anyone else to know what secret arrangements you had? But glad to know neither of you intentionally sabotaged it. (Though I'm not sure why you're continuing to do so now by running instead of trying to figure out what happened and assure them we didn't do it.) And I'm sorry you're offended that other people had an investment in something you had your character doing. I was playing the diplomat the entirety of the last game and I figured it was fair to let someone else do it this time since someone wanted to. I certainly never claimed that other people's investment in things in the prior game was invalid though. Not devoting our actions to something someone else is already handling isn't the same as not caring.
    As for your rules of science/magic thing. I don't buy that as a valid argument here. I wasn't asking for something outside the scope of either as established. I just randomly got a no to something that to me seems perfectly logical while someone else in the game is allowed to develop JoJo style stuff, which is anything but logical at its core.
    I never claimed Sniccups was singling me out, but it sure does suck when the one main thing you care about is shot down and you fail basically every roll the whole game.

- Research Power!
    - Research Skill
    - Research Growth
    - Build hive defenses.

Skill vote: Building

Antimony practices flying combat.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-07-01 at 04:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Neither of those things have muscle fibers in the way I meant so I don't really think so. And my intent wasn't to build structures that are growing out of living creatures (since those move on their own and then the structure would die when they do I assume otherwise why even put in a limit that you need a living creature in the first place?).
    If you've seen any sci-fi show/movie with the whole "living spaceship" concept, that's basically the kind of thing I was basing the idea off of.

@kinglinus1: Well how was anyone else to know what secret arrangements you had? But glad to know neither of you intentionally sabotaged it. (Though I'm not sure why you're continuing to do so now by running instead of trying to figure out what happened and assure them we didn't do it.) And I'm sorry you're offended that other people had an investment in something you had your character doing. I was playing the diplomat the entirety of the last game and I figured it was fair to let someone else do it this time since someone wanted to. I certainly never claimed that other people's investment in things in the prior game was invalid though. Not devoting our actions to something someone else is already handling isn't the same as not caring.
    As for your rules of science/magic thing. I don't buy that as a valid argument here. I wasn't asking for something outside the scope of either as established. I just randomly got a no to something that to me seems perfectly logical while someone else in the game is allowed to develop JoJo style stuff, which is anything but logical at its core.
    I never claimed Sniccups was singling me out, but it sure does suck when the one main thing you care about is shot down and you fail basically every roll the whole game.
    Well if it means so much to you Antigone would be glad to help you with your project when she gets back to the hive.