New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers Amongst the Stars IC

Calla snaps her own fingers the moment Karkanos snaps his claw shut, cutting the atmosphere on deck long enough for the shockwave to have nothing to travel through before reactivating, immediately followed once again by the sound of the cannons firing.

The Lords, huh?

She grinned, this would make things more fun.

How much they giving for me?

Without waiting for an answer she dashed up to him, bringing her cutlass up in an attempt to remove his remaining natural arm.

Besides that, I'm curious how you got off that rock I left you on. Nobody knew where you were, and you weren't in any state to build a beacon. Not with only a single claw.

Spoiler: De claw the crab!
    Show
    Move action up to Karkanos and then attacking with [Photon Cutlass]

(1d20+10)[13] To hit for DC25 + Multiattack against defence.

Empyrea's action to fire the Cannons for (1d20+5)[7] For DC27 Toughness
    Last edited by metakirb; 2019-06-15 at 11:12 AM.
    The attempted return!

Nexus Character: Ary

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Here're a bunch of old avatars made for me
    Spoiler
    Show

Sig space limited so credits to the creators of my avatars

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Space!

"You really think I'm gonna up and die before I see ya tumble in to the Black Abyss?" Captain Karkanos retorted as his mechanical claw began to crackle menacingly with electricity "And the bounty don't matter, every mother's son what calls themselves pirate is going to be gunning for ya now to in good with the Lords but I'll be damned if anyone's gonna do it but me! Maybe I'll make this tub my new flagship once I've got your head on a plate!"

His translator had to work overtime to be heard as the mighty weapons of both ships continued to exchange fire at full tilt, satisfied that his claw had built up enough charge Karkanos cut the banter and swung at Calla's neck.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Captain Karkanos
    Standard Action: Attack Calla with Lighting Claw (1d20+10)[18] DC25 Toughness and DC20 Fortitude vs Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated with Secondary Effect if that hits. Miss

Matron Carrak's Revenge
    Attack the Empyrea with Cannon Battery (1d20+5)[24] DC30+Multiattack if that hits Hits +5

The Bowels of Matron Carrak's Revenge!

"HE'S IN HERE YOU [CENSORED]! SOUND THE ALARM!" The Overseer bellowed to his underlings even as his crackled cat o'nine tails missed the suddenly appearing space and sparked against the metal grates that made up the floor which brought the rabble running back from the nooks and crannies of the engineering room that they had been searching, one of their number rushing towards the communicator on the wall as the others opened fire on John.

"I'm gonna snap you in two!" The Overseer bellowed, John's classic film references going clean over his extraterrestrial head as he tried again to bring his fearsome weapon down on the astronaut.

In John's mindscape Pixel would find the ships outdated systems childs play to crack and would quickly have an overview of Karkanos' entire fleet and their battle plan. Unfortunately that plan pretty much amounted to flood the Junction with men, grab everything that isn't nailed down and retreat once we run out of stuff to grab. Still it was a start right?

((Yeah not going to lie, they're not gonna be able to keep you out. If you want to start crafting fake messages it'll be Technology vs Insight))

Show
    Overseer
    Standard: All-Out Attack +2 at John with Agony Overload [roll]1d20+12[roll] DC25/20+Multiattack Fortitude Save vs Damage and Dazed/Stunned if that hits Why am I like this Hits

Pirate 1
    Move x2: Run back in to the room and to the communicator

Pirates 2-5
    Assist (1d20+6)[12] Assist (1d20+6)[25] Assist (1d20+6)[20] Attack (1d20+6)[10] DC21+Multiattack Toughness Save if that hits Miss

Pirates 6-9
    Assist (1d20+6)[11] Assist (1d20+6)[10] Assist (1d20+6)[20] Attack (1d20+6)[25] DC21+Multiattack Toughness Save if that hits Hits

Lombard Junction

"I don't know." The raid leader matched Tager's smirk with a feral grin of his own as he slipped around the Graviator's overhead blow "You look like you might be a challenge."

Then he felt Kana Te's mental powers crash against his mind and he leapt clear of the gravity well to bring himself crashing down on the psychic that had just drawn his attention, a flick of his wrist and a grunt of pain in mid-air activating the implants in his claws and shrouding his hands in a field of searing hot plasma.

"People like you should keep their head down missy." He taunted her as he swung a burning fist at her, he might not have no the specfics of her situation, but he still knew enough people who would pay a pretty pile of credits for a psychic, even if they were a little rough around the edges after he brought them in.

Show
    Raid Leader
    Move Action: Activate Plasma Implants
    Standard: Charge at Kana Te with Searing Swipe (1d20+10)[11] DC27+Multiattack Defence vs Damage if that hits Miss
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2019-06-18 at 12:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Wish I could say the same," Tager returned without missing a beat, a trolling grin on his face. He whirled his hammer in a quick spin, reducing its weight to nearly nil and building up momentum, before swinging it at the raider with a powerful blow, his cape sweeping out behind him as he came forward, partially with a step of his own, partially from the hammer dragging him along as its gravity was reoriented on the raider - and greatly intensified. If it landed solidly, it would be a crushingly powerful blow and hopefully leave his target reeling!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Startle with Showboating to induce [Anger]. (1d20+10)[20].

Standard: Attack with Gravity Slam at (1d20+10)[25]. On a hit, Toughness DC 25/20 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness, Fortitude DC 20 vs. Dazed+Impaired+Vulnerable/Stunned+Disabled+Defenseless Affliction. If the Startle succeeds I'll Power Attack for 3.

Current Status: 1 Bruise.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have chosen poorly, to bring down the wrath of a Jen'Kwi upon yourself."

Deftly dodging the plasma blades, Kana Te attempts to grab the miscreant and hold him, so that her hammering ally could actually hit him.

Show
    Grab attempt, DC 20 Dodge or Strength. And he makes another DC 25 Will vs damage due to secondary effect.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

“That’s not the line-- oof!” Came John’s digitized voice as Goro smashed him with his alien whip. The blow came right to the helmet and left John quite literally dazed, the electronics of his visor flickering briefly before stabilizing. Then the whole gang joined in and fired with wild abandon at John, shots going wide or being deflected by his warp barrier.

“I see you pirates all went to the Stormtrooper Training Academy,” John said as his raised his hands up and spread his fingers out. He gasped, as if in surprise. “Hey fellas. Guess what?” And if the one dumb pirate answered with ‘What’ or some variation thereof, this would be even better.

BOOM!

John unleashed another explosion of warp energy into the room at Goro and the pirates arrayed behind him. And as soon as the flash had cleared, John’s left arm was back behind his shoulder, flowing with an overload of purple warp power before John unleashed a massive left straight punch at the Overseer.

"HAAAAAAAAAAH!"

If the punch landed, it would thunder with explosive warp energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shockwave! Cone area attack aimed at Overseer and as many pirates as he can get. DC 20 dodge, DC 25/20 toughness; DC 20/15 Fort vs. impaired/disabled.

Then extra effort to surge!

Then Debitating Blow: All-Out Attack 3, Power Attack 5 – (1d20+8)[21] , will spend HP on a miss - DC 30 toughness, DC 25 fort vs. Vulnerable+Dazed/Defenseless+Stunned/Incapacitated

Regenerates his bruised.

Roll to recover from Dazed: (1d20+10)[27] Recovers!

John is Deflected again thanks to Secondary Effect, but only at +7 since he's power attacking. John is now fatigued.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2019-06-20 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

After spending a few milliseconds considering content that could cause a large amount of chaos between the pirate ships and draw a minimal amount of suspicion at first glance Pixel goes to work mixing up some fresh fake comm feeds. With the aid of Sprite her AI she composes several messages that all have the same basic content but adjusted to reflect the ship of origin: A lone dying pirate sending out a final message warning that Calla's forces have seized the ship, take it out before they can man the cannons.

She spoofs the origin so that the messages appear to be sent between different pairs of pirate ships then starts jamming communications between the targets.

"John, we are going to want to find weapons control soon."

Show
    I will take routine checks unless you want me to make the rolls. If you want me to roll how many rolls should I make?
    Quickness 6, Limited (Technology)
    Skill Mastery (Technology) for a 30
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

The intercoms in the mindscape Rebel Base squealed and then bellowed.

"Busy right now! I'll get to it soon!"
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

It’s cute that you think you’ll ever top me.

She ducked under his claw, slashing at his legs.

How many times have we clashed? And how many times have I walked away the winner?

Spoiler: Some good rolls please?
    Show
    Attacking with [Photon Cutlass]

(1d20+10)[28] To hit for DC25 + Multiattack against defence.

Changing Empyrea’s Array to: Regeneration 10 (Limited to Bruises), Ranged Damage 14 Extended Range, Secondary Effect)

Empyrea's action to fire the Cannons for (1d20+5)[24] For DC29 Toughness.
    The attempted return!

Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Space!

Callas's weapon hit home but unfortunately for her the new metal of his cyborg shell seemed to be extremely resistant to the frequencies of her trusty cutlass.

"There aint no winner to this until one of us stops breathing Cow!" The robot crab pirate hissed through his translator, his claw still crackling with deadly lighting as he swung back at her, the ship shuddering as it fired off its cannons yet again and scored a direct hit on the Matron Carrak's Revenge but unfortunately the rival ship's shields held strong and it fired off its weapons in kind, hoping that quality over quantity would win the day.

Show
    Captain Karkanos
    Standard Action: Attack Calla with Lighting Claw (1d20+10)[17] DC25 Toughness and DC20 Fortitude vs Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated with Secondary Effect if that hits. Miss

Matron Carrak's Revenge
    Attack the Empyrea with Cannon Battery (1d20+5)[18] DC30+Multiattack if that hits Hit

The engine room shook but whether it was from the explosion of warp energy that John had unleashed or from the damage that the hull was sustaining was hard to tell. Still whatever the case he sent another bevy of pirates scattering to the floor and his follow-up punch sent the overseer flying, his unwieldy and unconscious form clanging hard against a piece of bulky and out of date space age tech. With their leader now lying in a heap on the floor the remaining pirates decided that discretion was the better part of valour and began to flee for the stairs for the upper decks.

Meanwhile in cyberspace the wits of the pirates were no match for Pixel's technical know how and a trio of ships fell for her ruse hook line and sinker, beginning to open fire on each other in the mistaken belief that they had been taken over by enemy forces. For sure Calla only had one ship but given the rumours that floated around the space pirate were enough that they believed her and her crew were capable of such a thing. I mean if you believed the tales then this was the woman who had eaten a laser once...like with a spoon.

Lombard Junction

Tager's hammer blow hit his lupine adversary hard, but he just about managed to roll with the impact, impressive for someone who wasn't wearing a Graviater's high-tech armour, even more so that he managed to roll out of the psychic's grip at the same time. Eyeing (if you could use the term for a blind species) his two foes he quickly determined that whilst Kana Te might have provided a nice windfall, it was Tager who was most likely to take him out.

Forgoing a taunt or witty banter the raid leader instead chose to simply rush at Tager, swinging his plasma coated claws at him in a complex kata, aiming to leave no hole at all in his defence for them to exploit.
    Show
    Raid Leader
    Move: Move in to Close with Tager
    Standard: Attack Tager with Claw Flurry (1d20+12)[22] DC27+Multiattack Toughness if that hits and the Riad Leader is Deflect at 1d10+24 with Secondary Effect. The attack now has the Energy descriptor Hit
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2019-06-29 at 11:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Just because the raider's claws were now energy-coated didn't mean they weren't slowed down by the gravity field pulsing off of Tager's armor. He barely managed to graze him, and the Moonmetal suit easily absorbed the trivial plasma discharge. Tager responded with an absolutely trollish smirk. "Did you forget to charge them this morning?"

This guy had a pretty good selection of tricks for getting around Tager's specialized defenses, but one of the big things that had earned Tager the title of Grav-Knight was his technical know-how and tinkering skill. Every time he had come up against an opponent who found a way around one of his defenses, he had come up with a new one. So he once again shifted the frequency of his armor, the gravity field coming off of it flowing down into a tight, pulsing layer, to repel anything that got close. It wasn't as reliable a defense as cloaking or buffering, but it was broad-based.

The raider went on defense again, but the situation had changed from the early moments of the fight. Now Tager had an ally, and that ally had psychic powers. Tager lashed out with a powerful blow, but he sent waves of gravity over the field to interfere with any return attacks against either he or Kana Te. Whether his own attack hit was largely irrelevant; as long as he could keep the psychic safe from reprisal, victory was theirs. It was only a question of how long it took.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Startle using Showboat for [Anger]. (1d20+10)[15].

Free: Swap to Gravitic Repulsion.

Standard: Attack with Gravity Shield at (1d20+10)[22]. On a hit, Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage. Regardless, Tager and Kana Te are Deflected at 1d10+20 and receive Evasion 2, Instant Up, and Immunity to Critical Hits for one round.

Reaction: If attack hits, that's a touch so Gravitic Repulsion triggers. Strength or Dodge DC 20 or be knocked back up to 30' depending on points of failure.

Current Status: 1 Bruise, Deflected (1d10+20).
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Once again, Kana Te focuses her mind on the Raider's. The pulse of crippling psionic energy attacked his mind once again!

Show
    Mental Blast, DC 25 Will vs Damage
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #72

Then why don't you just do us both a favour and let this happen!

The pirate gracefully ducked down under his latest attempt to harm her, banged her knuckles together in order to activate her other close ranged option and sprang back up, attempting to land a mighty uppercut on the crab's head.

Spoiler: If you can't cut it, punch it.
    Show
    Using [Driver Knuckles] on Karkanos (1d20+10)[19] for Dc25/20 Toughness & DC20 Strength/Defence

Empyrea's action to fire the Cannons for (1d20+5)[18] For DC29 Toughness.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we might as well put your hard work to good use. John, put you hand on the main console I will see what we can do from here."

Show
    Are any of the following options possible from engineering?
    - Fire the ships cannons.
    - Purge all atmosphere from the ship and disable life support.
    - Set a self destruct countdown.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

When Goro fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, Commander John Young, astrophysicist and space explorer, the one and only human envoy to the galaxy in 1984, struck a particular fighting game victory pose with a thumbs up and aped his best Mortal Kombat announcer voice. “John Young Wins. Flawless Victory.”

Satisfied with himself, he walked over to the main console and put his hand on it for the techno-pixie to wreak some havoc. Just in case, he switched his armor over to Life Support.

“Do your thing. I’m gonna take a sec for a breather. And if you can find the head pirate guy or whatever, let me know. Today, I’m a contender.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to recover. Fatigue goes away.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2019-07-08 at 11:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Space!

Calla's knuckles crackled in her hand as they kicked in to life, accelerating the forces around her fists and slamming in to Karkanos' dense metal carapace with enough force to send him flying but instead all Calla got was the thudding sound of her weapon's impact and the whirr of the crab's servo enhance counteracting the momentum.

"Because it's gonna take a lot more than some jumped up doxy to put me in the ground!" He snarled, lunging recklessly towards his hated enemy trying to her in between his enormous mechanical claw and squeeze the life out of her.

Show
    Captain Karkanos
    Standard Action: All-Out Attack +5 Calla with Crush Claw (1d20+15)[26] DC25/20 Toughness vs Damage, Cumulative Vulnerable/Defenceless & Weaken Toughness Hits

Matron Carrak's Revenge
    Attack the Empyrea with Cannon Battery (1d20+5)[22] DC30+Multiattack if that hits Hits +2 Multiattack

Lombard Junction

Kana Te's formidable mental powers clashed again against the Raid Leader's mind but hours of discipline allowed him to shake it off like a sudden (but brief) shower of rain. Ducking under Tager's hammer blow he thrust a single plasma-sheathed palm out at the Graviater, once he'd dealt with the body guard, the true prize would be his.

Show
    Raid Leader
    Standard: Attack Tager with Palm Strike (1d20+12)[20] DC27 Toughness & DC22 Fortitude vs Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated & Weaken Stamina

Show
    The first two would require taking over other levels of the ship but your routined Technology check would definitely be enough to set the engines to blow.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2019-07-10 at 12:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The waves of gravity-manipulation pulsing from Tager's hammer turned the palm strike aside before it got close. "Hee hee! It's like some little kit trying to punch an adult holding them back at arm's length! Maybe you should just go home and have some milk, man!" Tager cheerily taunted the raider, as he came in with another swing, really just keeping on the pressure while he kept up his active defense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Keep up the psychological warfare. (1d20+10)[23].

Standard: Attack with Gravity Shield at (1d20+10)[23]. On a hit, Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage. Tager and Kana-Te are Deflected at 1d10+20, and get Evasion 2, Immunity to Crits, and Instant Up for one round.

Current Status: Normal.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stubborn fool, you will fall eventually!" This time Kana Te lashes out with physical force!

Show
    DC 25 Toughness, Secondary effect of last turn is DC 25 Will, both vs damage. Come on, please let me actually do something for once.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can trigger the self destruct, will a 30 second silent countdown be acceptable?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

With Pixel about to blow the engine, John jumped onto the comm systems. "Tager, give me your coordinates. Pirate lady, Jedi, anyone else copy? The Jolly Roger is about to go boom."

Right after one of the others responded, John continued.

Off-comms, he spoke out loud to Pixel. "30 seconds is too long when you're workin' with wormholes. 5 second countdown. We are go for countdown."

Spoiler
    Show
    Short, but it's because I haven't actually taken an action yet. If Tager or anyone else responds, he'll teleport towards their location and try and jump in on the fight. If no one responds, John will teleport well away from the Revenge and possibly onto the deck of the Empyrea, just because that's closest.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2019-07-14 at 02:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm maybe...thirtyish meters from the bar? In the direction of the marketplace.
    Look for the camera drones, I guess? Most of the hostiles down, leader is trying his very best to pretend the fight isn't over."
    Tager responded. It maybe wasn't the most helpful answer, but it gave him an excuse to troll the bad guy some more, and come on how annoying was it when your enemy was on a phone call mid-fight? Especially using one of those bluetooth things. That was just the worst.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Once Pixel had initiated the self-destruct sequence, John wasted no time teleporting himself and his technopathic passenger a full mile away from the Matron Carrak’s Revenge and towards Tager Young’s location. John’s suite of sensors included extended vision and hearing, so with knowledge of where Tager was and who he was fighting, John was able to (stop me if I’m wrong) spot the Raid Leader they were fighting. While unable to get within melee distance, John was able to still attack. He held his hand out and fired a burst of violet energy down at the Raid Leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking with Warp Blast: (1d20+10)[16] DC 25/20 toughness damage and weaken toughness
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixel rigs the self destruct to activate with just enough time for them to teleport out.

Edit: She also instructs her drone to fly back down to the bar.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-07-16 at 08:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Hopping to the side of his attempts to catch her, Calla threw another punch at Karkanos. His armour might be tough, but she wasn’t going to give up on tearing it off his body when she was done with him.

Meanwhile, on the bridge.

”Pirate Lady”? Show the captain some respect! Her name is Captain Calla. She’s on the ship’s deck dealing with the Carrack’s captain.

Once again the Empyrea’s cannons fire.

And what the hells is a Jolly Roger?

Spoiler: One of these has to work
    Show
    [Driver Knuckles] on Karkanos (1d20+10)[17] for Dc25/20 Toughness & DC20 Strength/Defence

Empyrea's action to fire the Cannons for (1d20+5)[24] For DC29 Toughness.
    Last edited by metakirb; 2019-07-17 at 06:20 AM.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Space!

Captain Karkanos' cybernetic claw split clean down the middle and began to spin like a cylinder, building up a crackling charge of energy between the two pieces of metal, this was the pirate's trump card and his translator spewed out a gleeful cackling laughter in response to a stream of monstrous hisses and clicks from his maw, this was going to be the weapon that put an end to his hated rival.

And then behind him was an almighty explosion as the engines of his beloved flagship could hold back no longer and overloaded with enough force to crack the ship in two, sending shards off the ship and crewmen unfortunate enough to be almost immediately sucked out in to the void of space hurtling across the battlefield.

"The Matron! What in god's name have you done to her you hag?! This isn't over! I'm gonna come back and I'm gonna bring every last devil you ever crossed down on your head with me!"

The light between his claw died as the power was diverted to one of the many other systems hidden within his metallic shell and he vanished, reappearing on the bridge of one of the other ships to try and regain control of the situation and order a full scale retreat.

Lombard Junction!

Even three (technically four) against one the Raid Leader he came out unscathed, Kana Te's psychic after shock washed over him along with a blast of telekinetic force that would have doubled over a lesser combatant but his hardy predator's frame absorbed the blow as he slipped around Tager's hammer and the energy blast of the suddenly appearing astronaut with practised ease.

And of course none of that mattered as a brilliant explosion lit up the sky and a few seconds later the shockwaves could be felt even down on the Junction itself, pieces of metal and other things that it was probably better not to think about beginning to rain down upon the asteroid in fits and starts.

Tilting his head sideways for a moment the Raid Leader suddenly decided that there were better places to be right now than right here and began to flee at top speed, scrabbling up the side of a nearby building.

Spoiler: Pixel
    Show
    He just received an order to retreat, the pirates are getting the hell out of here.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The raid leader was a tough cookie, for sure. But if he thought he could attack the innocent people of this asteroid and get away with it, he had another thing coming. Tager floated silently into the air chasing after the raider in a flight that was too fast to properly call a "drift", but was still basically that aesthetically.

He bent the light around him as he went. The raid leader had already proven capable of peering past his invisibility, but here he wasn't really trying to cloak himself from view. He just wanted to make sure he didn't cast a shadow.

He let the guy get a decent distance, let him think he was making good his escape.

And then the fully-armored Grav-Knight dropped down behind him in utter silence, his cape trailing in the air above him to settle once more against his back as he swung his hammer with all the gravitic power he could pump into it, only then making his presence known with a roaring shout of, "SINGULARITY STRIKE!"

(Graviators didn't necessarily call their attacks in the general sense, but they absolutely did for finishing moves.)

The hammer shot from his hand as he swung it, carrying with it enough focused gravitational energy that it would increase the raid leader's effective mass roughly twenty-fold if it hit solidly enough to discharge fully into him, binding and crushing him until he submitted or passed out. The hammer shot off into the distance, before with a sudden hard tug of his arm and grunt of exertion, Tager brought it flying back, in an effort to crash into the leader a second time on the pass!

Spoiler
    Show
    No escape!

Free: Reconfigure Gravitech Armor to two ranks of Concealment (Don't Cast a Shadow), 8 ranks of Flight.

Move: Fly after the Raid Leader, approaching from above and behind. I know he has some manner of Counters Concealment...but hopefully not a Radius Accurate sense. Using Stealth to approach silent and undetected in an effort to catch him Vulnerable: (1d20+20)[37].

Standard: Attack with Singularity Strike, All Out Power Attack for 5, at (1d20+10)[17]. On a hit, Toughness DC 30 vs. Damage, Strength or Defense DC 25 vs. Grab. The Damage is Progressive for as long as the Grab is maintained. If he's not Vulnerable I'll reroll this one

Reaction: If he's successfully Grabbed, Toughness DC...either 25 or 20 (not sure if Grab-based attacks benefit from Power Attack, come to think) vs. Weaken Toughness. This is Progressive for as long as the Grab is maintained.

Extra Effort - Additional Standard Action: DO IT AGAIN at (1d20+10)[11], except if he's already Grabbed I'll make this just a basic attack because Grabs have that rule where if they beat a new attempt while already Grabbed they escape. If I didn't reroll the prior one but he's not out, I'll reroll this one.

Current Status: 1 Bruise, -5 Defense this turn, Fatigued as of next turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-07-18 at 01:53 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #86

Karkanos! Where the hells do you think you're going?! Get back here you insufferable coward!

Calla stormed her way down to the bridge.

Open fire with everything! Ignore the closest ones, that infernal coward will be somewhere in the middle of the group! I will have his head as a trophy!

Spoiler: On the off chance.
    Show
    Fire the Cannons for (1d20+5)[18] For DC29 Toughness on the middlemost of all the retreating ships.

Forgot to edit, see OOC

If the main weapon was still online then they'd all be dust...
    Last edited by metakirb; 2019-07-22 at 07:08 AM.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

John looked up at the thunderous explosion of the Matron, admiring his and the pixie’s handiwork. “Though he couldn’t hear the pirate captain’s impotent rage, he could imagine it and it made him smile. He opened a comm channel to the Empyrea again, responding to the guy they had on comms.

“That giant explosion right there is a Jolly Roger.”

He looked back down at the raid leader just in time to see a grav hammer sail directly into himI and end his escape… and his currently stretch of consciousness. n a flash, John teleported again down to stand beside Tager Yung. His helmet segmented and opened up, then segmented again and again as it peeled away from his head.

“Have I ever told you you’ve got a hell of an arm on you?” Yes. He had. A lot.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Tager's own helmet rippled for a moment and then flowed back away from his head, just kinda vanishing among the rest of his armor like water into a pool. "Maybe once or twice," he replied, deadpan, as his camera drones came whirring back over, tucking themselves into his cape.

Once the cameras were off, though, his demeanor...changed, somewhat. He looked up into the sky at the retreating pirates, and the remnants of the exploded ship. There was no question that John and Pixel had had to do it, and that taking that ship out so quickly had probably saved a lot of lives. Still, a shiver went briefly through him. Tommy Yang may have been used to battle, but he had little experience with violence.

He stayed that way for a couple moments, and then took a deep breath and exhaled it tightly. And then Tager Yung was back. That he would break kayfabe at all in front of John was a sign of trust. "So.
    What do you think the odds are that this place has some authorities we can take these people to?"
    he asked, his own bet clear in the sarcastic tone he asked the question.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

29. - Top - End - #89

Calla let out a frustrated growl as the last of Karkanos’ fleet escaped.

Bring us back down.

Once disembarked she stormed her way towards the rest of the group.

Alright, which one of you blew up the Matron?
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixel materializes next to John. While holding her hands behind her back and looking anywhere except at Calla "Weeeeeeeeeell, I kinda, sorta, told the engines to do some things that they really shouldn't do and that started a power buildup that might have caused a little tiny itsy bitsy rapid uncontrolled deconstruction of the ship."