Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Making a setting - A specific case

Self-scrubbing for reasons.
    Last edited by jjordan; 2023-01-24 at 07:07 PM. Reason: self-scrub

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Making a setting - A specific case

Woah, this has actually answered many of my questions! I love the way you organize your ideas, as well. I never exactly thought of the general population, and what type of government they lead/and how. These are details I never would've considered. I hadn't even thought of the type of weather, or the type of names/features they'd have due to the location they live. Yet-how exactly do you decide these points just based on the location? My location is sort of a jungle area, with a river running through the back-ends of its forestry. And, the fields are across the river on the other side which-now seems like it was quite the dumb idea from what I can think of now. So how would you-decide the speaking, personality, and living habits of a rugged jungle town? I understand the "thinking it up" aspect, but creating it-seems a bit different for me? (Sorry if this is alot)
    Last edited by Okamigekido; 2019-05-03 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Making a setting - A specific case

This topic pleased me.

Yes, there is a case for a strong editor to 'tone down the enthusiasm', as it were. Keeping it pithy yet evocative is an art unto itself. That said, it reads like the collation of a lot of brainstormed material.

It looks way beyond an initial outline (if we were to take the analogy of familiar procedure on 'how to form an essay'). Would you say it is at the second or third draft stage? Do you find knowledge of geography principles help speed up the brainstormed tropes process?