New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Total War: Monstrum IC

Velibor

"Depends. I would not swear to allow the Queen to retain the position, no. Her incompetence far exceeds what can be allowed in a position of such importance. I would, however, be willing to swear to abide by an election between me and someone else."

Spoiler: The Archivist
    Show
    There was a time for public statements, and a time for a more private discussion. The ambiguously shaped shadow shortly shifting to a more humanoid form, just long enough to gesture the professor towards one of the side rooms. After that, it dissolved into a fine mist, only to seconds later manifest itself within said dimly lit room where it waited for Becker's arrival.

"I have no desire to allow the Queen to retain a position it should not have been appointed to in the first place. The fears you have, however, are unfounded, and we can perhaps do something about. So, let us indeed go to the Praetor and make an agreement. Not of what you suggested however, but something more along these lines:

I do not rise my hand against you, unless it is in self defense. I will not attack either the archivist, or her followers. You, in turn, will not attack me or mine, unless it is to defend yourself from me.

If I do become Pontifex, my first action in that role will be finding more about the mist and then assisting the senate in dealing with it once its nature becomes clear.

There will be no indirect action against each other either as I will be forbidden from hunting within your territory, and you in mine. I will not assist your enemies, and you will not assist mine.

Would this be something that would ease your mind? Does it require additions, clarifications? If you were to be so kind as to bring the Archivist herself here, we could take this to the Praetor immediately. As to how long such an agreement would be in force, I'm willing to discuss about. Until the election of the next praetor is resolved, perhaps? We can, of course, make another contract right after."

And with it, it was done for now. It didn't smile - for a shadow could not - but it did have an aura of sorts, an aura of both excitement, as if it was eager to hear the response, and amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kasdeveris

PCs

Spoiler: Ophois
    Show
    I don't doubt you do. It'll require skillful negotiations but we may be able to get Darmajak into making concessions, and have the workers happy that they reached the desired outcome, the ringleaders' other goals notwithstanding. On the side I can pull some leverage with the police to get whatever it is you want and leave them out of the picture for the strike, if you don't have any objections, of course.

Spoiler: Solis Aeterni
    Show
    Make your path known and I'll strive to not stand in it. The media of course, if we control it then getting the post of mayor should be beyond easy, and once there the police will be our willing servants. The thinking engine does seem to have the upper hand there but getting control over the papers should place us ahead for now, radios are not common, after all.

Spoiler: Velibor
    Show
    A vote and a beneficial act each, that I split my part of the deal into two different goals hardly seems a matter worth debating. Still, we can speak of the position when elections come around. I'll hold on to that favor, as you can to mine, since for now my mortal competition causes no troubles, but should a suitable nail appear no doubt I'll ask you to hammer.

Spoiler: lovelace foundation/The Thinking Engine
    Show
    Once again Mayoral candidate Michael milos makes his way around the lobby of the Lovelace foundation's building, asking the receptionist, with an easygoing smile, if he can meet the board.

NPCs

Spoiler: Baalation
    Show
    "I imagined you would, good luck then on recovering your rightful seat but be careful, your opponent chose politics, he didn't have to, I imagine I need not remind you what happens when you fly too high on waxen wings."

Spoiler: The mirror queen
    Show
    Milos takes the new appearance in stride, such effects being mild at best in the supernatural community "Excuse me then for assuming wrongly, would you have my help as an apology? while I may not directly attack your enemy I can impair its allies if you know of any, keep your fight a duel, there is no combat more glorious than one."
    Last edited by neriractor; 2019-06-23 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

The Old Flesh

Show

To expand of course, more business is always good and to eventually finish the ritual. We are already working on an expansion, you might have heard but we are sponsoring the Lions and have some dealings with others in that area. As for working with others, we should work well with most, as long as they don't disrupt business or CONSUMPTION with loud antics.
    Gourmet Radson says smiling, the flesh just blubbing away behind the illusion. He turns slightly and cuts off another piece of meat and tosses it to a homeless looking man who just came in. They immediately stuff their face with the meat.

The following was found assuming you use both people immune to illusion and those who aren't.

Everyone who views it, calls it a pelmeni even those who don't know the word. Those immune just get a vague feeling and can clearly see it is not while those not immune will not believe otherwise and will think it looks delicious. Both describe the meal as delicious when consumed.

It is still delicious even when eaten in total sensory deprivation, though people are unable to say what it is beyond it being meat.

For the air tight container test those not immune to illusion describe the meat as looking delicious and that it is a pelmeni when seen in an air tight container and all are willing to eat it. Those immune don't feel anything particular and can't even say what it is beyond it being meat. Their acceptance is much more varied depending on personal preference with most not willing to eat the gross looking meat.

The stew's taste is described as decent but most people agree that it would taste better with out the vegetables. People say the vegetables taste similar to ashes. If it is then served with out vegetables except spices, people will agree it tastes slightly above average.

Those who are not sick when they eat the food will find that their blood has a slightly higher count of white blood cells, their blood pressure is slightly closer to 110/70 and their bathroom schedule is more regular, the effects are small enough to be almost unnoticeable if you aren't testing for it. The stew appears to have no effect though it is unclear if it is because it is so diluted or because it is mixed with other things. The only down side noted is a decreased curiosity and suspicion. Effects seem to decrease slowly with time.

Those who were sick suffered from a range of effects including their illness getting worse before suddenly getting better, no effects at all from the food and in one case a slightly faster than average heal time. It is not clear if the food did anything or if this was natural.

All who ate the food that were not in the stew group report that they want to eat more. This effect does not seem to decrease with time though it is a slight craving at most.

No extra dimensional mass is observed with it weighing exactly as expected.

The alchemy test finds it is mostly pig mixed with some beef and an unknown meat. It is believed something may be wrong with the tests as several unknown compounds were found along with blatantly harmful compounds such as broken glass and cyanide both of which were apparently used as spices.

Animals accept the meat and seem to enjoy it even if they are not normally carnivorous. Herbivores lose considerable weight as they eat fewer vegetables immediately after though most bounce back. When offered a choice between the meat and their natural food source, all chose the meat.

No spirits detected.

Nothing is seen growing on the meat left in a dark area, though it does appear to have shrank. A look at it through a microscope reveals it is teeming with bacteria. The students don't know what it is but it consumes the meat quickly and seems resistant to heat. The meat in the air tight container shows no notable shrinkage.

Spoiler: Velibor
    Show

Interesting you request my help after that. I do have an idea for the favors already. They aren't even that big of a deal. You see the amount of panic you caused is quite impressive. Even with our abilities you were able to cause people to be paranoid. You don't appear feed on that fear though which gives us options.

Your idea was a good one, feed near the eatery so people don't panic as much. But what if you were to feed near another Prince who happened to be a competitor to me for mayor. Perhaps Ophios? Why with so much panic and with the right pressure they would have to let me open an eatery there and the council might even pay for it. Once enough eateries are set up you could start a rotating chain so the panic never reaches unreasonable levels and you can keep growing. A win for both of us. You get to feed, I get to grow and we can work together nicely.

The other favor is a vote of support for a vote of support. Your followers support me for mayor maybe by spreading the word about how my economic reforms would be good for the lower class or something similar and I support you for Pontifex. I am not sure how good they work together but it could be useful.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Kasdeveris
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ah, my goals are simple. I just wish for everyone involved to go home satisfied and feeling that at least some political operators in the city are looking out for the good of everyone. Police included, so I'd rather not have them stay away entirely - if you could pull your strings so to speak, to get them to promise amnesty to the poor duped masses while we go in and take out the actual ringleaders who provided the connections and heavy weaponry, that should look good for the presses and avoid harming your base. Damjanac, of course, should be suitably grateful."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

The Dollmaker
    The Rally
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Do we, though? It is of the utmost importance that the news remain independent. Feel free to leave an anonymous donation, but we can not fraternize or associate.

Damjanak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interested as I am in hiring troops, 51% is an offer so laughable, it can not even be considered. What would you offer that the Silver Falcons or any number of hired thugs would not? Why would I give up my life's work to you, in exchange for help with a temporary inconvenience?

Communist radicals
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Those wouldbe rather underground and I'm mostly considering contacting the Rally also contacting the communists in general. Still, if you want to dig further, that would best fit as an EOT action.

The Bone Miller
    Spoiler
    Show
    The city government and especially the police used to be firmly aligned with Baaliation. Where they stand now, I can not say.

Damjanak having an accident would not, I think, help us. I strongly suggest finding more subtle ways to take over. This is no longer the dark ages: killing the feudal lord and marching in with your armies does not give you their titles. It would only lead to chaos. Machines standing still, wages unpaid, workers idling. A terrifying state of affairs. Please consider having an at least superficially legal method of inheriting the company and taking over operations smoothly in place before you continue with violence. If you have such an idea which does not just boil down to military occupation, please tell me and I would be only too glad to help, consolidation of industrial capacity in Princely hands is a worthy goal.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Ophois
    Show
    HTML Code:
    I am currently punishing Damjanak for a slight. His factory has been producing a lot of work for us and we wanted to forge an
    amicable relationship with the man and he refused. Now we intend to keep his factory shut down, 
    and hemorrhage money from him until he sees sense. If you could avoid influencing the workers in your area to end the strike or 
    get involved with police or miltary we would be grateful. We do know he is attempting such things himself.

Spoiler: The Lovelace Foundation
    Show

HTML Code:
    Excellent it is agreed. Do you have any ability to manipulate communications or disrupt organizations?
    We would like to have the police distracted a little longer. Any aid there would be beneficial while we attempt to sieze 
    Damjanak to speed up our ability to process more clockwork kings and improve our output on all future projects.

Spoiler: The Archivist of Novska
    Show

HTML Code:
    If you refer to the elections my answer is a simple one. Do not rock ships already in the process of capsizing. Focus on a lifeboat of your own. I have no
    interest in creating issues for the princes and I am hoping I can focus on my work while they do what they have always done.

As for that human any aid would be considered wonderful, as would any technological trades you can think might be of beneficial exchange. I am happy to work with you.

Spoiler: The Bone Miller
    Show

HTML Code:
    Perhaps not a lethal accident just bad enough where he ends up in my shop and realizes hes 
    best as a member of the clockwork kings and not toiling away in 
    his factory competing with you for head industrialist. 
    A position he is far from qualified of holding. We must ensure your absolute stranglehold of such matters
    I have ways of making sure he signs a legal contract once I have him face to face.
    it is of the utmost value of all who crave to see this city trek towards modernization and technological advancement.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

The Joy Spiders

Spoiler: The Archivist of Novska
    Show
    Silk laden spiders bubble out of the surf and mound together into an approximation of a human form. With chittering mandibles they hiss, "The archives of wax hold information I desire. Knowledge for services is a suitable trade, and in truth it gave me some Joy to be able to design such a structure. It has been too long since I had such a challenging engineering conundrum."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Dollmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

"While it is quite interesting that you directed this message to me, I would like to counter with my own proposal.

I would not have any problem with an ordinary strike, except in words and bluster as a matter of course. But the violence and weaponry employed causes some issues.

I am hoping for a negotiated resolution, and if Damjanac is bled of his excess in the doing, that is fine. It should humble the man. The people employing violence need also to be punished, though of course only insofar as it looks like we've caught the proper culprits."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eltest Kha

"But if you decide shortly that the new Pontifex is unworthy, and it is time for yet another election? I f̶̵͝e̛͝͏á̕r͢͠͡ where this may lead us."

Velibor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies, shade, but I know little of the mist; that is why I am concerned about it.

To The Archivist
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are all things that the Prince would agree to. Someone to turn to when help is needed is a useful resource.

And you may do what you like in the port, but please, let us know first. I'll remind you that the Port Authority remains independent for now, so do mind them. We will inform you when this matter changes.

To the Joy Spiders
    Spoiler
    Show
    Were one to look off of the cliffs, they may have noticed that the diver that went down under the waves and never came back up. If they were to look closer, they might notice the faint green glow that briefly reached the surface of the water, before fading away under the deeps.

"Apologies, Princess, for taking so long to respond to the invitation. You know as well as I the urgent distractions that arise as a Prince or Princess of this city.

I would like to come to an arrangement regarding your silks and vestments, and the men and women who follow me. The humans respect wealth and "taste" and "fashion," and I suspect there would be status to be wrought from wearing the silks you ply. The value of the protective qualities should be more obvious.

We can trade in wealth if that is your desire, but if there is anything else you with to trade in, please let us know."
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2019-06-26 at 11:13 AM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Ophois
    Spoiler
    Show
    HTML Code:
    We realized our actions might stir up the workers in your territory we do not want to offend. Or cause you any disharmony. 
    As for settling the matter, I am fine with having several culprits punished but I need to get my hands on the factory owner first.
    Once I can speak with him face to face you can have scapegoats. Will that be acceptable?
    Are you planning on doing anything about the paper in your territory? 
    Do you have interest in human business?
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Dollmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, human business is so entertaining. I am enjoying reading the Rally's publications, and would like to be made aware if anyone was intending to do something to such an interesting production.

You do realize the factory owner is not, in fact, at the factory? With heavily armed communist agitators taking over the premises, he is definitely also not going to enter said factory until it is clearly safe.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

The Lovelace Foundation

Spoiler: Dollmaker
    Show
    HTML Code:
    It would be difficult for us to act without revealing our hand. These are not matters in which we are used to dealing. 
     We will do what we can, but we cannot make guarantees in this regard.

Spoiler: Kasdeveris
    Show
    Michael Milos is welcomed with a smile and quickly escorted into the depths of the building. The door of his destination swings open silently, a full six inches thick, and when it settles shut, the background hum of the building is, at last, muted. He enters into a conference room which appears to have been very freshly constructed. A long conference table occupies most of the room, with one side pressed up against a wall.The members of the leadership of the Lovelace Foundation enter shortly after: Ivan, Petra, Eve, and Mia.
    The wall adjacent to the end of the table flickers and the room seems to extend a few feet into where there was once a wall. A faint screen-door effect separated the real space from the virtual. At the new end of the table sat the same avatar of the Engine that appeared at the council meeting, its head obscured by a cloud of black-and-white static.
    "'So, what brings you here today?'" it says.

Show
    Kovacs nods excitedly at the prospect. "That would be wonderful, yes! We have very few resources at our disposal to defend ourselves physically. For this reason we are afraid to get too politically involved..." He looks to the other scientists. "And to be honest, as wary as we are about the Shade gaining in power, for the very same reason, we're concerned that proposing our Engine as a competitor might present too much of a risk to our safety."
    "You may call us cowards, but unlike some in this city we're only human," Petra adds.
    "But gaining powerful allies will be necessary. We've reached out to Solis Aeterni, and it seems that he prizes strength and courage above all else-- though we're unsure if he would support us through the desire of protecting the weak, or refuse out of disdain for our reticence."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

The Archivist of Novska

Spoiler: Veibor
    Show

Becker followed the Shadow's gesture, stumbling slightly and gripping his cane to keep form collapsing as his exquisitely crafted glass eye glowed for a moment. When the shadow arrived in the side room, the Archivist was waiting for it. Giving the Shade a polite nod as she took a seat "If you've got an offer, I'm quite interested in listening.

After the pitch was made, she leaned back for a moment and considered Its all very reasonable. My only issues are avoiding misunderstandings. A list of what your territory and enemies are, mostly. Obvious enough at the moment, but I'll want to be clear on whether you're invading somewhere or just stopping by for a snack. Beyond that, the deal seems agreeable enough. Though might I add a friend or two of mine? Good scholars are such a pain to find. Likewise to any allies you'd like to name, of course."

Spoiler: The Old Flesh
    Show

Lukas responded to that with a polite nod And entirely reasonable and expected answer, and one we are glad to receive. If any projects of mutual interest present themselves to you, please do not hesitate to bring them to my Lady's attention.

Now, if events proceed as might be hoped, your proxy will sit in the Mayor's seat. So given, do you have thoughts on who may be our future Pontifex?"

Spoiler: Joy Spiders
    Show

Taking a long sip from her canteen, the Archivist gave a nod to the simulacrum "Likewise. I do hope we collaborate more in the future. I've more involved hopes for the bees, lovely that we don't conflict. And if you'd ever like to trade for secrets, please don't forget me either.

Now, in heavier news-what do you think of this whole business with the Pontifex?

Spoiler: Eltest Kha
    Show

Lukas gave a nod in response. "An enlightened and heartening response. Though if some revisions might be made to my previous statement-it would be appreciated if my Lady's light hand towards the Port might be reciprocated with respect to Socelli?

If some further impertinent curiosity might be tolerated, has your patron made clear an opinion on the current affair with the mirror and the shade?

Spoiler: The Lovelace Foundation
    Show

Becker gave another shudder as his hand wrote down a second burst of information. Reading it, he cleared his throat awkwardly "Well, it seems my benefactor has been extended the offer of a non-aggression pact by the Shade. One enforced by the Praetor, even. Which should make the issue of whether she can safely run for Praetor settled, if nothing else. Though it will rather reduce our freedom of action in terms of imposing costs, should we accept it. She has asked whether it might be extended to allies as well, should you wish your device to be named.

Of course, I'm sure my benefactor would still be more than happy to collaborate on some academically interesting project. And what you did with it or who you gave it to after the fact would be none of her concern."
    Last edited by St.Just; 2019-06-29 at 07:01 PM.
    The world was born in flame and art,
    The world was born – then torn apart.
    Creation’s sorrow rent the sky
    T​o know all things would cool and die​.

14. - Top - End - #104

Solis Aeterni
    The Bone Miller
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, quite. I pride myself on furthering briliant mortal minds, not consuming them. Indeed, my consumptive needs are almost entirely met by common workers and it would be a shame to replace them with more valuable subjects. No, as far as that is concerned, we are utterly in agreement.

Baaliaton
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is good that you are gracious in victory, at least. However, honour demands that I will have to seek redress for this defeat. With my standing, I can not take such a thing lying down.

As far as the vote is concerned, a poor showing indeed. It is perhaps a sign of how complacent this city has become, if no one even thinks the vote important enough to bother. So many we thought allied, and so few of them bothered. Perhaps the city needs a Reckoning."

Ophois
    The Undivided
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Not oblivion for us. It is said a man still lives while his name is spoken. You heard that one? We seek universal oblivion. The ultimate clean slate.
    You ask if we are saviour or beast. We are the Boddhisatva of the knife-edge. We bring the salvation of blood to those who do not want it. We fan the flames, so the fire might burn itself out faster.

Charnelcreep
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ghoul shrugs with two uneven shoulders.
    "Half the city is conquerors, the other half is bottom-feeders like me. As for the strings of fate, for that, you need an oracle, not a spy, I think. I could help you find one of those, at least."

Laurin, King of Roses
    Spoiler
    Show
    The King smiles, sadly, behind his beard.
    "Well, after one has carried chains for a thousand years, one might not feel them as much anymore. But let us speak of other things.

You seek one with potential. From what I know of true conquerors and empire-buildiers, and I have met and served a dozen in my life, they start at the bottom. You want unrealized potential. Someone just beginning their rise. Perhaps not even a Prince. Temujin was a slave boy, not a noble."

The Bokun Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We've cleaned up, now we must rebuild. Recruit, remind people of their business ties, establish new businesses. If you can keep the police off our neck a bit, we would of course be very grateful for that, it would save us the bribes."

Director Damjanac
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should have listened to the warnings it seems, yes. And already I am getting a lot of truly insulting offers for help. Not yours, just others. We will have to crack down, and hard. IT seems my own men were not sufficient, and neither is the police. I intend to hire mercenaries, first."

The Police
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a shame. A damn, bloody shame. We knew there were some bad apples here, but I didn't half fear it would be so bad. What we need is a crackdown, I say. If they let me have my way, we'd the presses shut down, curfew for the working class and we'd break heads wherever those damn unionists gather. Unpatriotic, is what it is. Shameless. They don't know their place. But what can I do, the mayor shuts me down if I suggest it. What we need is martial law or we'll be the new Russia in two years, mark my words."

15. - Top - End - #105

Velibor
    The Mirror Queen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You caught me off-guard, will admit it. That doesn't mean I can't fight back. You haven't even seen me strike. You want your worthy war? You will have it, as far as measured battle is concerned. But you will not have it insofar as you will never gain the price you seek."

The Howlpack
    Spoiler
    Show
    "They didn't strike us down. The war ended, and we relocated. But no, wolves are self-sufficient. Give us hunting grounds, and we have all we need. The Tsarwood, as you say."

The Archivist
    The Waxen Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    ++++Input. Always input. Information, local or otherwise, yes. Feed the Archive++++

Midnight Sun
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Exclusively on retainer to you, or only for certain services? Because I am getting other, very lucrative offers."

The Mirror Queen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The queen laughs, and blood bubbles over wounds in her torso.
    "Oh, I am not throwing anything away. But yes. Allies. One always needs them, in a war. What were you thinking of?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Kasdeveris
    Baaliaton
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And the military is not the only weapon of a king. If he wants to play politics, well, I've been at this as long as he has."

The Mirror Queen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A duel is the last thing I seek. It goes against my nature and my strengths. I am a Queen, not a Questing Knight. No, we will bleed him out, slowly, with a thousand needles, fighting an enemy he can't find. The mirrors in the city are gone. How, then, would he find me now, if he can not even see my world reflected?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

The Undivided
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, if you seek to fan the flames, far be it for me to stand in your way."

Charnelcreep
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ah, I did not expect such fortune in the first place. But yes, an oracle would be most traditional in my circumstance. You say you know where one resides?"

Laurin, King of Roses
    Spoiler
    Show

"I am well aware. But for every one that rises, millions do not. Nevertheless, I will do what I must."

The Bokun Family
    Spoiler
    Show

"We'll see about keeping them distracted for the time being."

Director Damjanac
    Spoiler
    Show

"While we're not mercenaries, we'd be willing to help in this. Why, it is practically our civic duty."

The Police
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, this is the perfect opportunity to show the politicians how right we were. A cut and dry case, heavily armed criminals spouting communism and attacking innocent folk. Just need to find out which bastard delivered the guns here from Russia and we'll be able to cut them out at the root.

You have my help in the matter, I'll talk to Damjanac and get them to 'hire' us so you don't catch any flak for it. If you have any connections with the army boys you should bring them in as well, we need to make a show of this and they've dug themselves in pretty hard."

Eltest Kha
    Spoiler
    Show

"My greetings.

I would like to ask your opinion on two matters.

For one, someone has seemingly provided military support to the Undivided, a somewhat problematic cult within the city. If you know anything of it, I would be interested to hear it.

And more pressingly in the immediate, some faction or other has instigated a bunch of heavily armed communist agitators to take over one of Mr. Damjanac's factories. If you have troops free, I hear the factory owner would be quite willing to compensate them for participating in such a training exercise. The more the merrier, as they say."
    Last edited by Murska; 2019-06-29 at 01:50 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

The Archivist of Novska

Spoiler: Midnight Sun
    Show

"Exclusivity's an ideal, but I can respect an attachment to autonomy, if you're skittish. For now, lets say I'd appreciate being warned if I'm being outbid, and given a chance to respond?"

Spoiler: The Mirror Queen
    Show

The Archivist took a sip form her canteen as the decapitated spirit laughed, wiping her mouth on her sleeve and beginning to pace the room as she replied

"Oh, I'm not one for public declarations or grand charges, first of all. If all goes well I'll be agreeing to a non-aggression pact with your shadowy adversary. But, well, myself and some other more pacific princes think hunting each other like starving wolves sets rather a bad example. And seeing as we're all rather bright, the obvious solution was to off some enhancement under the table.
    The world was born in flame and art,
    The world was born – then torn apart.
    Creation’s sorrow rent the sky
    T​o know all things would cool and die​.

19. - Top - End - #109

The Lovelace Foundation

Show
    "Well then! That solves some of our problems I suppose. To be completely honest I agree that avoiding such politics may be good for our long-term health," Petra chuckles. "In the meantime, I suppose we might as well share our current project..." she pauses and Ivan fills in the lapse.
    "As I'm sure you know most princes gain in power by consuming humans. By, well, mass murder," he says.
    "Horrifying," Mia comments. The others nod.
    "And to be honest," Ivan continues, "we're running up against the limits of what we can do with modern electronics. We've been working on magical computation circuits, but progress there is slow. However, we've come upon a method for creating self-replicating technology which allows us to integrate computational systems into existing infrastructure, expanding computing capabilities without having to resort to anything more... well... barbaric."
    "It's a stopgap solution," Petra says, "Eventually we will run out of physical space to expand into, but, well, we need the compute to solve some of the trickier problems magic. I'm not sure if you're familiar, but this is in collaboration with the Clockwork Kings, to an extent."
    "In the long run, we're hoping to wean the princes off of uh, human resources. Find a bit more sustainable power source. Something far away, maybe, like dark matter." He laughs.
    "Although politics may be another route we can take," Mia comments. "The others find it a bit distasteful, but still, if we can limit consumption to the dying-"
    "No," Petra cut in. "We've discussed this and it's untenable. There has to be another way."
    They turned to Becker. "I don't suppose you have any ideas?" Ivan says.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

The Joy Spiders

Spoiler: To the Eltest Kha
    Show

The diver is met by dozens of spiders in varying sizes who chitter a chorus of replies, "Why certainly we could make what you wish. Though sadly my brood is still growing. So I cannot garantuee a sufficient quantity to outfit all your followers. The quality will not be matched however."

(OOC: So do you want cultist military?)

Spoiler: To the The Archivist of Novska
    Show

The spiders shrug, "A terrible business. The Pontifex's position is for the City to decide not the Senate. If it no longer wished for the Queen's services it would easily be able to choose another. Attempting to forcibly remove her will only lead to tears."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Velibor

Players

Show
    The Tsarwood is the only territory I consider to be mine. As to my enemies, the only current one is the Mirror Queen. Do not aid it, do not assist it. As to the goal, it simply is to force her to resign from the position of Pontifex. I do not have more demands than that regarding her.

I am perfectly happy to extend it to some of your allies as well, if you would name them. I would also like to have a list similar to mine from you - and any of those allies of yours - as well. Is the length acceptable? Contract stays in place until the next praetor is elected. At that point, if we wish, we can sign another.

Spoiler: The Old Flesh
    Show
    I've talked to Ophois, and we've come to an agreement to stay out of each others way. You should know that Kasdeveris has also privately expressed his interest on becoming mayor to me before, in case you did not already know this. Since the Queen has refused to resign, would perhaps be for the best if this discussion takes place the next month. We'll know better what you need and what I can give you. For now, however, I'll stay out of your territory. You should also know that I am, indeed, interested in your eatery plan, and we should discuss it further in the future.

NPCs

Spoiler: The Howlpack
    Show
    I may very well give you the Tsarwood. In return for something, of course. I do not wish others to enter my woods. If they do, inform me of the incident. And, if you consider yourselves strong enough, strike them down. Do that, and you can hunt within the Tsarwood.

If you want more than that, there's little I can't provide. Assist me against the Mirror Queen, and name your price for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.