Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Plane(t)-hopping Villain Group (PF, High Level, Thanos-Inspired)

The Big Questionaire

Concept
    These are the fundamentals, the broadest strokes. Every character should have answers to these five, including NPCs. It’s the quickest way to give the sense of a full individual instead of a cardboard stereotype.

Overall, Chomp is simple. He eats stuff, and when he's not eating stuff, he's making gear or cooking food to eat later.

What emotion best describes your character? Find one primary emotion your character expresses. Try to use a colorful, specific word to describe it. For instance, instead of “angry” you might say “vengeful” or “raging,” or instead of happy you might say “cheerful” or “exhalting.”

Revenous.

What emotion does your character evoke in others? How do others react to you? Do you impress, scare, calm, excite, or perhaps annoy? Again try to find the most specific term you can. Is this reaction different between friends and enemies?

flummoxed

What does your character need most? If your character had everything he or she needed, why go on an adventure? Most people’s needs are fairly universal, although they can change over time. Common needs are survival, security, companionship, esteem, romance, family, or wisdom. Consider what your character’s starting needs are, and where you want them to be by the end of the adventure or campaign. It helps to establish this need with the GM, to ensure it fits with the themes of the game.
    What is your character’s goal in life? This should be the principle, underlying motivation for everything your character thinks, says, and does. If your character were lying on the brink of death, what makes him or her cling to life? What could your character lose that he or she would consider worse than death? This goal is often broad, and sometimes unachievable. Whatever the nature of the goal, it should be something your character can strive for his or her entire life. The best goals are ones that can be threatened, as they will help create more compelling adventures. Ideas include justice, revenge, protecting loved ones, redeeming one’s self, or gaining some kind of power. When you think of something, ask yourself “why?” to make sure it isn’t because of some larger, more important goal.

He Needs food the most. Even if he had food, he needs more food to feed his unending hunger. While his original goal was to punish the wicket nobles, he's since lost himself to the hunger and need to feed. The hunger continues to drive him even at the brink of death he will continue to want to eat. Or rather he will only think of eating.

How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? Because the goal can often be ideological, the method to achieving it is sometimes equally insubstantial. Your character’s methods should be strongly tied to beliefs (or lack of beliefs), and primarily be a decision of lifestyle. A character bent on revenge might consider perfecting a fighting discipline, while a character devoted to a cause might consider a religious or philosophical doctrine.

The goal of course being ending the unending hunger, he doesn't have much of an idea of how to solve it besides constantly eating more things until he finds the thing that stops him from being hungry.

Background
    For any campaign, a character should have come from somewhere. Spend any length of time with someone and their history is bound to come up. These questions give your character history, and therefore dramatic and emotional weight.

Where did your character come from? Consider your character’s initial roots, before he or she was a teenager. These times are what shape your character the most. Who were your parents? Where did you live? What was your family’s economic and social status? How were you educated? What were the three most important lessons you learned?
    When did you grow up? Everyone begins taking responsibility for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when your character started taking care of him- or herself.
    What values does your character hold? Name three things your character considers sacred, and three things he or she is idealogically opposed to. These things will usually stem from a combination of your goals and your personal history. Consider especially where the values came from. Was your character taught these values? Did they develop as a reaction to something your character considered noble or diabolical? Establish lines that your character will not cross in pursuit of his or her goal to add challenge to playing your character.

Chomp came from a village, who after being plagued by famine and pestilence, fell into bad times while nobles nearby continued to have lavish dinners. And so after a bit of work, and accepting a dark hunger within, he ate the nobles. While he might not have eaten children and the innocent at first, at this point there is very little he won't eat, as everything is food to him. But he's less likely to eat children and cute things, for a variety of reasons, however if he doesn't have anything else to eat he will.

How does your character dress? Start generally with an overall statement of the quality of your character’s appearance, such as projected social status, trade, common activities, or how groomed or slovenly your character is. Begin to hone in on telling details, especially those things that most people take for granted. How exactly does your character style his or her hair? What decorative articles does your character wear, such as jewelry, decorated buttons or buckles, a belt, gloves, etc.?One especially telling detail is footwear. Describe in detail what your character wears on his or her feet, including cut, tightness or looseness, heel height, sole hardness or softness, lacing/buckling/tying or lack thereof, toe shape (square, round, pointed…?), color, material, shininess, cleanliness, repair or disrepair, and any other details you can think of.

Chomp wears a heavy fullplate armor almost all the time. There is very little reason for him to take it off as its more comfortable to remain inside of it than to leave it. The entirety of the armor gives him a more wicked appearance, like that of a beast rather than any humanoid out there.

Spoiler: To be continued
    Show

What are your character’s means? Consider all the resources your character has. This should include material resources such as money and property, social resources such as friends and allies, and personal resources such as skill, courage, strength, wits, etc. It might help to make a list of all your character’s resources that he or she might use to overcome adversity. Consider challenges like fights, puzzles, traveling, persuading (and being persuaded), and any others.

Details
    Now we’re picking nits. These five are all about texture and color. These answers take your character beyond an adventure serial persona and into reality. Answers to these make your characters memorable for years.

What are your character’s personal tastes? Name at least three things your character enjoys for no reason other than personal preference. A good place to start is with each of the five senses. Consider a sound, smell, taste, feeling, or sight that is uniquely pleasing to your character. Also consider activities such as hobbies or habits. Name three things your character dislikes, as well.
    What are your character’s opinions? Decide upon at least three major aspects of local society and your character’s opinion on them. This could be generalizations such as rich or poor people, more specific areas like a particular political or religious group, or very specific things like a prominent individual or an aspect of the character’s job. Check with your GM for relevant things in the campaign to have opinions about.

What is your character’s comfort zone? What environment, activity, or mindset puts your character at ease? This can add a lot of color to your character during stressful moments, as he or she will have a place to go or a thing to do at these times. It helps to have a comfort zone broken up into the above parts so at least some of it is portable.
    Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? Name and briefly describe at least one person who had a significant impact on how your character perceives the world today. You can name more than one, but they should each reflect different aspects of your character’s beliefs. Use this as a reference point when your character has to make difficult decisions (i.e., “What would so-and-so do?”).

What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks? Name three things that are unexpected about the way your character behaves, such as things that go against his or her normal social status, age, or trade. How about three unexpected talents or abilities like being able to sing, or knowing some trivial knowledge, or being good at math? Three things your character can’t do that most other people can such as whistling, swimming, or reading well? How about three things your character fears, such as heights, dogs, or insects?
    How do you want your character to die? Your character won’t live forever, although you might not play him or her to the end. If you had your choice of deaths for your character, what would it be? Death of old age, having survived through all his or her trials? Perhaps a bloody, violent death? A noble sacrifice? Happenstance? It can also provide an unusual layer of texture to your roleplaying, as you have a better understanding of your character’s fate. It will also tell you if your character is a tragic or heroic one. Finally, it can help your GM in resolving conflicts in-game if he or she has an idea of your comfort zone with threats to your character’s life

Campaign
    Here are a number of questions specific to the campaign.

What makes you worthy of your Role?

What did Vecna offer you to join the Hand?

Vecna requires a secret from you as a sign of Fealty, what secret did you offer Vecna? (You can PM this if you want it confidential)

Which of the Infinity Gems (Power, Time, Space, Mind, Heart, Soul) do you feel most connected to? Why?

What do you think Vecna will do with the Stones?

Do you trust Vecna?

Who is more worthy to wield the Stones, you, one of your allies, or Vecna?

What would YOU do with the Stones.

What should your reward be for recovering the Stones?

Which of the other Roles do you feel closest to? Which of the other Roles do you feel most opposed to?

Are there any Heroes that you despise, or whom have stood against you in the past?

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. It is a sacrifice that cannot be undone or taken back. It must be a worthy sacrifice, otherwise you are destroyed with no gain. It must be either a self-sacrifice that will effectively cripple your character (give up your power), or you must sacrifice someone or something that is truly of central value to the character (a beloved child, your race (that you value and love), the love one, or the memory of a loved one that you have been trying to raise, etc). What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone?

What is your character’s greatest strength?

What is your character's signature move?

What is your character’s greatest weakness?

What is your character's greatest fear?

What can kill your character?

What wouldn’t your character do to further your goals?

If you character could go back to any time, any place, where would they go?

Which of the Avengers would you like to fight, why?

Which of the Avengers would you not like to fight, why?

I know it is alot, but I know you have all put tons of effect into your characters, and I am hoping these answers will help me to get to know your character better and make the best choices.[/QUOTE]

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go ahead and make something for this. Right now I'm thinking a Gloomblade Fighter|Bloodrager (Shadow Bloodline)|Something 10/Shadowdancer 10, with the role of Beast, with the basic premise being a being of pure darkness and shadow.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: First Person background blurb
    Show
    We are the luckiest of all fey.

We are a muse. Muses are the ones most at risk of all fey - no, it's not because we're the weakest of fey; while there are more powerful fey out there, we're far from faint. No... it's because by our nature we spend most of our time with mortals. Oh, a nymph might dally with a mortal, a pixie might converse, and Gremlins might prank... we spend hours with our charges, and have many of them. It's our job, you see, to encourage mortals in the arts. To inspire, to encourage, and to support them while they work. But that leaves us spending most of our time with mortals. Sure, you can inspire from a distance... but you do need to contact your wards regularly for the best effect. And when you've got eight or more you're working with... well, you're going to be spending most of your time in town, even if you're not immediately with your ward. And therein lies the crux of the matter: You're not just with your wards while they're working, you're with everyone around them, almost constantly. And mortals can get... creative... even when they're not making art. This is not always to the good of themselves and those around them. Fortunately, we are the luckiest of all fey.

It started when I got rounded up by a cult of some dark god or other. I wasn't quite ready to blow my cover, so I went with them, pending a moment alone to simply leave. It was rather difficult not to laugh at them. They were trying to round up the purest and most innocent of women for some sacrificial ritual or other, intended to summon a powerful servant of chaos into this world to merge with their leader. I laughed at the idea - two people sharing one body? Bah. How little I knew at the time. But then, I figured even if they had the rest of the ritual in order, they had the wrong sacrifices. They had a dozen ladies in there besides myself, and not a one of them actually met their criteria. They were in quite a hurry and didn't figure that out though. I wasn't greatly concerned: I could leave at any time, so why rush? I was simply waiting for a good moment when nobody was looking. That didn't come. The cultist started in on their ritual... which did not go as planned. Oh, they got the lovlies lined up on the intersections of that six-pointed star they had drawn out on the ground, each with a ritualist holding one down, their leader at the "high alter" in the center, with all the cultists using obsidian knives. I mean, really: Rocks? What are those going to do? Well, apparently they'd been planning on killing me first, then killing the other ladies all at once. I stayed and let them play right up until they tore my dress. The knife just kind of bounced off my sternum, much to the shock of the cultists, and cut the roses off my bodice. At that point, I figured there wasn't much point in keeping up appearances anymore, so I cut the 'high priest' up with solid notes. The girls all ran, but the cultists stayed in shock, so I faked a false fireball right on top of us, killing them all at once while barely singeing myself. Fortunately, we are the luckiest of all fey.

It turns out that the cultists fit the criteria for their ritual sacrifice better than the girls they found. They'd said their rituals, they'd drawn their lines, and now their own blood was fueling their sacrifice. And so the beast was called. But the chosen vessel - the ritual leader - was now dead. The intended sacrifices had fled. There was nobody left for the beast... but me. And so it came. And so we merged. Fey aren't that different from things of the beyond... sure, on one side we are completely unnatural, the beast from beyond that defies definition, and on the other side we are an incarnations of nature... but both of us have one thing in common: Chaos. And that is why we managed. We could at least agree on that one thing. And so we managed not to annhiliate ourselves. Since then, we've been bonded. There's things that can separate us - temporarily, anyway - and it's possible for us to take a break from one another for a time... but in general, we are one. We are the luckiest of all fey.

We do not follow many of the 'normal' rules. We summon ourselves: If we are slain, we do not die, we take a break until we can summon ourselves again. We are also not summoned: Things intended to combat summoned creatures have little effect on us. We are of nature: Most things intended to combat or control the unnatural has little effect on us. We are also unnatural: That which is intended to manipulate nature has little hold on us. We do not categorize easily. We study what we are. We saved the cultist's books from the wreck. We studied the ritual used. It can be repeated. But this was not the intent of the ritual. It would need to be modified to achieve the same result. We will need to expiriment. We will need suitable sacrifices. We will need suitable targets. We are the luckiest of all fey, and we should share our good fortune with the other fey.

For some reason, few are willing to cooperate with us. This Vecna person seems a promising way to get the sacrifices and targets for the trials....

Spoiler: Questionnaire
    Show

The Big Questionaire

Concept
    These are the fundamentals, the broadest strokes. Every character should have answers to these five, including NPCs. It’s the quickest way to give the sense of a full individual instead of a cardboard stereotype.

What emotion best describes your character? Find one primary emotion your character expresses. Try to use a colorful, specific word to describe it. For instance, instead of “angry” you might say “vengeful” or “raging,” or instead of happy you might say “cheerful” or “exhalting.”

Serenity

What emotion does your character evoke in others? How do others react to you? Do you impress, scare, calm, excite, or perhaps annoy? Again try to find the most specific term you can. Is this reaction different between friends and enemies?

Friends: Clairity
    Enemies: Confusion

What does your character need most? If your character had everything he or she needed, why go on an adventure? Most people’s needs are fairly universal, although they can change over time. Common needs are survival, security, companionship, esteem, romance, family, or wisdom. Consider what your character’s starting needs are, and where you want them to be by the end of the adventure or campaign. It helps to establish this need with the GM, to ensure it fits with the themes of the game.
    What is your character’s goal in life? This should be the principle, underlying motivation for everything your character thinks, says, and does. If your character were lying on the brink of death, what makes him or her cling to life? What could your character lose that he or she would consider worse than death? This goal is often broad, and sometimes unachievable. Whatever the nature of the goal, it should be something your character can strive for his or her entire life. The best goals are ones that can be threatened, as they will help create more compelling adventures. Ideas include justice, revenge, protecting loved ones, redeeming one’s self, or gaining some kind of power. When you think of something, ask yourself “why?” to make sure it isn’t because of some larger, more important goal.
    Duplicating her "luck" for all the other fey (see first-person perspective backstory)

How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? Because the goal can often be ideological, the method to achieving it is sometimes equally insubstantial. Your character’s methods should be strongly tied to beliefs (or lack of beliefs), and primarily be a decision of lifestyle. A character bent on revenge might consider perfecting a fighting discipline, while a character devoted to a cause might consider a religious or philosophical doctrine.
    By arranging to duplicate the ritual that birthed her current form. Which was a bit of a 'perfect storm' and will likely be tricky. Finding all the variables, though? That requires someone orderly, which she is not. Which means she also needs to get someone who is both orderly and capable sold on the idea... and that she'll need it grates on her, but she doesn't deny true things.

Background
    For any campaign, a character should have come from somewhere. Spend any length of time with someone and their history is bound to come up. These questions give your character history, and therefore dramatic and emotional weight.

Where did your character come from? Consider your character’s initial roots, before he or she was a teenager. These times are what shape your character the most.
    Who were your parents? None in the traditional sense - she is (or at least, was...) a nature spirit, born from the energies of the material plane.
    Where did you live? In a series of artists' homes. Some were wealthy, others not so much. She saw something in each of them... for a time. Fey are capricious.
    What was your family’s economic and social status? She only really ever pretended to have parents. On one occasion she temporarily replaced a child that'd had died in an accident well away from anyone. She kept up the ruse for several years. She swore never to do that again, and will not speak of it.
    How were you educated? Haphazardly. "Born" essentially fully formed, she had most of the basic knowledge she needed... real-world experience, however, took longer.
    What were the three most important lessons you learned? Do not replace children; it doesn't end well. While it's nice to have minions, Rulership is not for me. Much as I hate it, some things require order.
    When did you grow up? "Never". Or maybe "Always". With fey, much depends on perspective.
    Everyone begins taking responsibility for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when your character started taking care of him- or herself. She formed fully grown, with no real support network. She picked up some quickly enough, but she was always responsible for herself.

What values does your character hold? Name three things your character considers sacred, and three things he or she is idealogically opposed to. These things will usually stem from a combination of your goals and your personal history. Consider especially where the values came from. Was your character taught these values? Did they develop as a reaction to something your character considered noble or diabolical? Establish lines that your character will not cross in pursuit of his or her goal to add challenge to playing your character.
    Sacred: Nature, freedom, change
    Opposed: Automated Manufacture, Hereditary Slavery, stagnation

How does your character dress? Start generally with an overall statement of the quality of your character’s appearance, such as projected social status, trade, common activities, or how groomed or slovenly your character is. Begin to hone in on telling details, especially those things that most people take for granted. How exactly does your character style his or her hair? What decorative articles does your character wear, such as jewelry, decorated buttons or buckles, a belt, gloves, etc.?One especially telling detail is footwear. Describe in detail what your character wears on his or her feet, including cut, tightness or looseness, heel height, sole hardness or softness, lacing/buckling/tying or lack thereof, toe shape (square, round, pointed…?), color, material, shininess, cleanliness, repair or disrepair, and any other details you can think of.
    In general, Shimmerdance Sorgrennan dresses to match the outfits and mannerisms of the person she's pretending to be. When that's not a concern, she wears a different outfit over her meatsuit every day (her equipment being under her meatsuit, with a disguise over it). Any given day's outfit will match, but it is very random from day to day. One day, she might wear a silk blouse studded in rubies the size of your pinkie, with three inch diamond heels and sapphire accents. On another day, she might wear a plain brown wool robe and go seemingly barefoot. In either case, she simply discards the outfit when the day is done. Because it literally makes no difference at all. She generates a fantastically expensive outfit with the exact same spell she'd use to make a bunch of rags.

What are your character’s means? Consider all the resources your character has. This should include material resources such as money and property, social resources such as friends and allies, and personal resources such as skill, courage, strength, wits, etc. It might help to make a list of all your character’s resources that he or she might use to overcome adversity. Consider challenges like fights, puzzles, traveling, persuading (and being persuaded), and any others.
    She carries most of her wealth with her, although she does maintain a permanent a demiplane, empty save for spell effects, as it is a VERY hostile place to most folk and most objects.

She doesn't care for money. Oh, she keeps some with her, but... well, she can make diamonds fit for a True Resurrection several times a day, and almost nobody will notice the difference between them and real diamonds.

When she needs a friend or an ally, she usually just "borrows" someone else's, whether that be by way of pretending to be their friend or ally, mind control, or simply talking them into absurd things. Most the time, though, with a bit of thought and a day to prepare, she can find a way to handle it herself.

Surprise her, and you're liable to sound your own death knell.

Details
    Now we’re picking nits. These five are all about texture and color. These answers take your character beyond an adventure serial persona and into reality. Answers to these make your characters memorable for years.

What are your character’s personal tastes? Name at least three things your character enjoys for no reason other than personal preference. A good place to start is with each of the five senses. Consider a sound, smell, taste, feeling, or sight that is uniquely pleasing to your character. Also consider activities such as hobbies or habits. Name three things your character dislikes, as well.
    Dislikes: Sunsets, Fish, Woodworking

What are your character’s opinions? Decide upon at least three major aspects of local society and your character’s opinion on them. This could be generalizations such as rich or poor people, more specific areas like a particular political or religious group, or very specific things like a prominent individual or an aspect of the character’s job. Check with your GM for relevant things in the campaign to have opinions about.

What is your character’s comfort zone? What environment, activity, or mindset puts your character at ease? This can add a lot of color to your character during stressful moments, as he or she will have a place to go or a thing to do at these times. It helps to have a comfort zone broken up into the above parts so at least some of it is portable.
    Comfort zone: As a muse, she is fundamentally tied to humanoid lifestyles. Bonded as she is to chaos, she enjoys randomness. Both align at city Bazaars, where merchants of all stripes gather to sell their wares. Loudly, and seldom very organized.

Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? Name and briefly describe at least one person who had a significant impact on how your character perceives the world today. You can name more than one, but they should each reflect different aspects of your character’s beliefs. Use this as a reference point when your character has to make difficult decisions (i.e., “What would so-and-so do?”).
    Surprisingly, Shimmerdance's moral compass comes from a very lowly fey - a Petal named Rose, who formed out of a city garden (a rose garden, unsurprisingly). The mischevious little tart never stole anything... but she sure enabled a lot of the local "color" to do so.

What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks? Name three things that are unexpected about the way your character behaves, such as things that go against his or her normal social status, age, or trade. How about three unexpected talents or abilities like being able to sing, or knowing some trivial knowledge, or being good at math? Three things your character can’t do that most other people can such as whistling, swimming, or reading well? How about three things your character fears, such as heights, dogs, or insects?
    Pauses to look at clocks, cannot balance a ledger, and is frightened of seven-pointed stars.

How do you want your character to die? Your character won’t live forever, although you might not play him or her to the end. If you had your choice of deaths for your character, what would it be? Death of old age, having survived through all his or her trials? Perhaps a bloody, violent death? A noble sacrifice? Happenstance? It can also provide an unusual layer of texture to your roleplaying, as you have a better understanding of your character’s fate. It will also tell you if your character is a tragic or heroic one. Finally, it can help your GM in resolving conflicts in-game if he or she has an idea of your comfort zone with threats to your character’s life
    In her particular case, any 'normal' death is simply not going to stick (Occult Oracle capstone). "Trapped forever" is the most likely scenario.

Campaign

With a little planning, I can be almost anyone, which means I can get almost anywhere.

The solution for gifting other fey with a bond to the outer realms.

Vecna requires a secret from you as a sign of Fealty, what secret did you offer Vecna? (You can PM this if you want it confidential)
    The ritual books that lead to it being possible to bind the natural with the unnatural outer realms beast in the first place, and the details of what went sideways at the ritual.

Which of the Infinity Gems (Power, Time, Space, Mind, Heart, Soul) do you feel most connected to? Why?
    Time. It'd be useful for getting a better perspective on what actually happened during the ritual.

Increase his own power. Really, that's all most lichen want to do. The approach varies a lot, though....

Do you trust Vecna?
    I trust Vecna to do what Vecna thinks is best for Vecna. Vecna is a chessmaster, and views everyone else as game pieces. The trick to not being a disposable pawn is to always be in a position where you're more useful to Vecna active than not.

Eh. I'd rather not handle them much. Artifacts tend to be strongly bound... by their own rules, not mine. Rules are for other people. As to Vecna vs. my allies? I'll need to get to know them both a bit better. For now, I'm siding with Vecna.

Make six permanent demiplanes. Get six minions under my thumb. Put a Third Eye Conceal on each. Imprison each minion on a different demiplane with one of the stones. With a little work, turn each demiplane into a dead magic plane with no exits. Basically, pack them away very carefully. Then never think on them again.

The resources needed to start recruiting fey to be more like me.

Which of the other Roles do you feel closest to? Which of the other Roles do you feel most opposed to?
    Closest: Beast. A beast is, functionally, very chaotic.
    Most opposed: Artificer. Order and law is not my thing.

Are there any Heroes that you despise, or whom have stood against you in the past?
    Squirrel girl. That blasted Squirrel Girl. She always wins, by the most absurd luck ever. It's completely unnatural, and far too predictable.

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. It is a sacrifice that cannot be undone or taken back. It must be a worthy sacrifice, otherwise you are destroyed with no gain. It must be either a self-sacrifice that will effectively cripple your character (give up your power), or you must sacrifice someone or something that is truly of central value to the character (a beloved child, your race (that you value and love), the love one, or the memory of a loved one that you have been trying to raise, etc). What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone?
    What, do I look like some lawful-stupid paladin? Do you really think I'd take that game as it's presented to me? Pfft. It's designed to make people lose. First thing to do is sort out why and how the sacrifice works. It was set up in some manner, and it is rare to find a thing made that cannot be unmade. The first alternative to unmaking the need is to get a patsy to make the sacrifice instead. After all: If the gem - once removed - can't be gotten from the person who removed it... there's no point in Vecna sending us after it: he'd need to make the sacrifice himself directly anyway. If for some strange reason it cannot be gotten around... my hearing. That'd be awful to lose. I'd never again hear the birds, my art and my Art would be crippled, I'd be much easier to sneak up on... she shudders.

Versatility

Sideways thinking

Cold Iron

Getting trapped

Lots of things. It just doesn't usually stick.

Deliberately Create tyrrany.

Watch the ritual that created her current form, so she could observe it better from another angle.

Thor. I want to see if that hammer responds to Use Magic Device.

The Hulk. He is chaos incarnate, why would I want to take him out of play?
    I'll need a little more background on the world in question for the "Check with your GM for relevant things in the campaign to have opinions about" note, but otherwise filled out (if thinly in several spots).
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-05-25 at 06:42 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

After much time, it is done.

The Eldest, sometimes called The King of The Dead, First of The Blood, Dark Father, Fisher King, The King of Blood and Darkness or Night Wolf and Dawn Star. He's had a long time to acquire titles, and he doesn't even have a name anymore to go with them.

Spoiler: Questions
    Show

Spoiler: Concept
    Show

What emotion best describes your character?

Terribly bored. The years have washed away all the novelty and joy in The Eldest, and he craves entertainment with the same addictive fervor he once craved blood. In mortals, this ennui might be called a deep depression, but The Eldest is beyond such frailties. Or, at least, it believes it is.

It barely remembers its own past, and yet it is convinced that it has seen it all. Only in dreams, and when it communes fully with Carna, its sentient sword and only real companion in undeath, does The Eldest remember everything, but these times of wakefulness are rare and far between. When it returns to its quiet state, only impressions remain.

The Eldest is not terribly impressive for being a terrifyingly potent blood god. He is bedecked in powerful magic items, but he no longer even looks like a vampire. The blush of life is in his cheeks, and he walks out in the sun like the living. But then, he sees no use in appearing invested in majesty, flying at the head of a dark storm, flanked by the creatures of the night and legions of vampiric knights. It's difficult to hide that it is a powerful wizard, nor does it make any attempt to. But those who meet it with the luxury to do so with their free will intact and The Eldest sated rarely realize the scope of what they have met.

Of course, should it be encountered at the center of a revel of spilled blood, cloaked in dark power, sating its hunger for flesh…horror is the most common reaction from the squeamish. The Eldest consumes tremendous quantities of blood daily to fuel its magic, amounts that even some lesser, more moral vampires would consider repugnant.

What does your character need most?

The Eldest seeks something to dull the boredom of its own immortality. Everything else pales in comparison to this.

What is your character’s goal in life?

A reprieve from its boredom. For it to end entirely, as unthinkable as that is to the creature, that would be even better.

How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished?

The Eldest, at the moment, would see Vecna given the stones. Whatever Vecna does, for at least a brief moment, will be something truly new, a thrill that the creature will not have felt in a long time.

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Where did your character come from?

The Eldest must have had a youth. There must have been some formative times for the ageless monster, how it was sired, what its mortal life must have been like. These are questions that The Eldest has the answers to in easy reach, within the memory of Carna. But it does not reach out. Perhaps it is afraid? Perhaps there is something it wishes to keep hidden from itself. The Eldest itself doesn’t know.

It remembers ravening over the wilderness before there were cities, feeding on whatever it could find. When was this? The Eldest doesn’t know. Only in glimpses, when it enters the daysleep and dreams the dreams of the long dead does it recall. Was this wild rampage immediately after it was turned, or centuries, even millennia after?

It remembers the feel of Carna in its grip, of speaking with the blade for the first time. It can’t place when. Sometimes it dreams of cities, that it first took up the blade long after man dreamed of writing and the wheel, Sometimes, it wields the black iron blade while men still fight with stone and flint and fire-hardened wood.

It remembers little. And with each day, a little more is washed away.

What values does your character hold?

The Eldest values itself, above everything else. Selflessness is not in the nature of parasitic social predators, and The Eldest is nothing if not an example of all the vices and dubious virtues of its kind. It cannot now be any other way. Once, it tried at redemption, but remorse and kindness are things that the years have taken from it. It cannot now be anything truly other than what it is, or so it believes.

But for The Eldest, the self is also a somewhat fractured concept. The Eldest has forgotten most of it’s incredibly long life, and all the many paths it has walked. As inhuman as the creature may seem, The Eldest restored to it’s full power would walk as a god, as alien in its outlook as the things that lurk and slip amongst the stars. It is, even now, an amoral monster, but prefers that state to facing the fate of Kyuss, or Zargon the Returner- a monster that all would consider an apocalyptic threat.

The Eldest believes that there is some inherent nature to everyone and everything. The universe is largely without order, but everything within it exists in a vast and predictable, although not determined, universe. The Eldest believes in free will, although because everything is inclined to make these decisions in line with their character and ability, these decisions are relatively easy to predict. Thus, when someone or something acts against its nature, or tries to act outside its niche in this planar ecosystem, The Eldest takes some feeble interest. The mouse that would be a god, the demon that seeks redemption, or, at least, not to raven and corrupt, the meek dragon, these creatures intrigue The Eldest. It seeks to challenge them, to prod them, to demolish them, to see if they are actually made of the stuff they pretend at. The creatures tend not to survive The Eldest's attentions.

What if does not terribly value are creatures it sees as less than it by a large measure. The Eldest has had a stranglehold around the minds of most mortals it sees for longer than history can remember. It's hardly a wonder that the creature that the creature thinks nothing of Dominating everyone it sees, and casually reshaping the minds of bystanders, enemies and even its own spawn. The Eldest doesn't attempt this on those it sees as somewhat closer to its power.

How does your character dress?

The Eldest dresses simply, favoring a black, subtly and masterfully embroidered robe it received (or took) some centuries ago. The Eldest no longer remembers the circumstances. It's a formal robe, uncomfortable for the living to wear for long time, although bedecked in protective enchantments. The Eldest is largely numb to the discomfort, such 'creature features' are a comfort more for the living than the dead.

The Eldest's hair has not grown beyond the day of its death, and it wears the long hair and thick beard common in the earliest days of creation. It keeps them in better order than the days of its youth, but there is an unmistakable barbaric cast to its features. He looks more like the sort of person who would be comfortable with a wooden club than one who owns a vast library.

What are your character’s means?

The Eldest's means are quite extensive, although the creature does not often think about sums of gold. It considers money a little gauche, an affectation of lesser species, who squabble and trade and are, ultimately, prey for other beings. Nevertheless, the creature finds the stuff useful, and has little trouble acquiring it. Beyond money, The Eldest maintains a huge network of childer, managed largely by The Nine, his puppets and personal spawn, and a substantial personal guard, largely comprised of vampiric cavalry and heavy infantry, and ghouls filling in as light infantry and shock troops.

He houses most of this in his private demiplane, Golconda, a vampiric eden, a moonlit place abundant with mortal food and a decently-sized human village clustering around a tall castle where The Eldest broods. The moon never sets here, but is bright enough to light the night for humans and the living 'cattle', and glistens off the indigo leaves of the vines and trees, and the bright, blood-red flowers that dot the fields. The ground was all long-ago brought from The Eldest's homeland, allowing it safe rest anywhere within the plane. Beneath the 'ground', in reality a planar boundry, extend a network of vaults and catacombs, made comfortable and attractive to the eye, for secure storage of coffins for residents and guests. Each of the Nine maintains a different corner of the crypt, and it is a favorite location for the elaborate politics of the creature's childer.

The creature itself maintains a study near the top of the tower, aside the aerie and hold of its chamberlain, mount and companion Akhekuzatz, a vampiric umbral dragon.

Spoiler: Details
    Show

What are your character’s personal tastes?

Very little is to the eldest’s enjoyment anymore, among what few pleasures vampirism has not already dulled with the sweet taste of blood. The eldest once considered itself a connoisseur of blood, savoring ever more exotic kinds, ever stranger mixes of emotion. Few creatures can claim the lengths The Eldest once went to to engender unusual mixes of emotions in so many sentient creatures, nor raised species so that it could drain the last, and most perfect member of its breeding program. But at its age, The Eldest understands that the sweetest blood is in quantity, and not its rarefied parentage. Anything will do, and even the greatest ambrosia is just more blood.

Once, it mastered thousands of skills, each more precise, unusual and exacting than the last. But it has forgotten these too. It plays the violin, which is perhaps a little stereotypical for a creature of the night, and does so artlessly. Once it was a master that could bring willing audiences to tears. But it sparks a kind of amusement in the creature to play poorly, and it has taken pains to forget. Is project before Vecna’s offer was to become so complete in its artlessness that it was as though it were touching the instrument for the first time each time it played. Occasionally, to its mild annoyance, it slips, and plays a bar with complete perfection.

The Eldest hated itself for a time, for the novelty of it, but that too has dulled. Now it simply dislikes its own disinterest, with the same dispassion it holds for everything.

What are your character’s opinions?

The Eldest believes in the nature of creatures. It is in the nature of many species to build cities and societies, to make laws and order, to live as mortals do, just as it is in the nature of vampires to prey on them, and to nest in the hearts of their cities and shape them to their will. It is in the nature of The Eldest to be the kind of creature it is, and so that is how it comports itself.

It is when creatures act against what The Eldest understands their nature to be that The Eldest is intrigued. Altruistic demons and unrighteous paladins that remain in the light, slaadi who make laws and inevitable who break them. These are the creatures The Eldest moves from afar, and pits against each other to see who skulks out changed. One of them may eventually prove him wrong. In time, all things are possible.

What is your character’s comfort zone?

If the eldest had a zone it was no longer comfortable, if would be living there, for the sheer novelty of it. Had it not already done so, unfortunately. Endless daylight and positive energy are inhospitable, but nothing it could not remedy with magic. It prefers not to dwell in areas saturated with negative energy either, as the lack of the living (and their blood) it needs to support its appetites.

The Eldest prefers stability, however, and is far past the point where hunting for its food is a reasonable use of its time. At Golconda, its demiplane realm, it maintains a town of mortals who have served it for generations. In order to maintain a stable population, it has a detailed rotation of mortals, to ensure neither it, nor its legion of servitors diminish its supply. It could easily import more, but it chooses not to.

It gives no credence to threats to its undeath. Even if reduced to ashes, somehow, days, years, or even centuries after its death, some fool will bring it back, only to realize exactly what it has unleashed back on the world. And time is of no concern to creatures like it.

Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life?

The Eldest has forgotten the name and face of its sire, who surely guided it down the path of undeath, who doubtless granted it Carna. But it cannot remember any more what made it the creature it is now.

What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks?

The Eldest fears itself, in its full might, with all its memories. Not only would The Eldest then fully realize every detail of its crushing Ennui, but the persona is takes while the blood god sleeps, the persona that dominates The Eldest’s postman sentience, would be destroyed in the face of the reality of the ancient vampire.

The Eldest has a habit of always allowing a single survivor, whenever it goes to battle. One must always walk away, not to spread its tale, but so that The Eldest can watch it’s actions from afar after it has cast its life asunder. What will it do? What will it make of itself? It is a game the creature plays with itself.

It is, also deeply, deliberately, inconstant in its personal interactions, always seeking to make others react in new and unexpected ways. It pushes others to be stronger, and then undermines them to see what will happen. It seeks to get under the skin of its allies and enemies, to see what makes up the core of them, and then engineer a challenge to that core, just to see how they will react. It is, to be frank, prone to causing drama just to see how it plays out.

How do you want your character to die?

If The Eldest had any choice in its complete destruction, it would prefer to see it unfold, to understand exactly what plan had finally brought it to its end. Of course, it understands it will likely not get that. A successful plan would have killed it before it could have reacted, circumventing every contingency the creature could have thought of.

Spoiler: Campaign
    Show

Surely, there are more dire necromancers in all the multiverse for Vecna to choose from. Certainly, more talented, as the raising of the dead was never a skill that truly intrigued him. Naturally, he can bring legions of the dead out from their graves, risen and screaming. He controls an impressive amount of childer, whom he allows to spawn. But it is truly his expertise as a general and the thunderous battle necromancy he commands that justify his position. The Eldest is a monster on the battlefield, in whatever way he chooses to take to the field.

Of course, that is if there is any need for war at all. Vampires tend to infest the power structure of cities, and the Eldest commands legions of the kindred.

The Eldest has something else that few necromancers of its skill, and even fewer greater possess: common sense. When you are inhumanly intelligent and absurdly powerful, it’s very easy to be caught up in your own brilliance, and lose sight of simple solutions in favor of grand and intricate plans, pulled off without a hitch. But in a duel of wits between creatures whose dizzying heights of intellect far outstrip mere mortals, which is, to be frank, any member of The Hand or anything competent enough to credibly oppose them, The Eldest understands that simple, well executed plans often have the advantage of surprise, when the order of the day is wheels within wheels within wheels. (For a creature with intelligence 30, of course, simple takes on a different meaning)

Last of The Eldest’s unique advantages to Vecna is its satisfaction with its current rank in the pecking order of the dead. Somewhere between gods and demon lords, who constantly fight amongst themselves, and ruthlessly unite to quash any who dare rise higher, and the hordes of the hungry dead, sit a small and elite group of creatures too powerful and semidivine for the effort required to destroy them to be worth it, but too far above the rabble to worry about being unseated from below. The Eldest is a creature without much desire for great cosmic power, especially the kind gained quickly with a lot of attention. It’s not to say that it wouldn’t take the seat of a truly powerful god if the opportunity to usurp its throne without any opposition or resistance after the fact, but it won’t endlessly scheme and connive to achieve that. After the disastrous betrayal of Vecna’s previous vampiric servitor, Kas, it’s a quality that reassures the God of Secrets, securing Vecna’s safety and, as the dark god believes, ensures it will be easy to manipulate the ancient vampire.

Excitement. Vecna's grand plan of uniting the stones is uninteresting to The Eldest, countless egotists and madmen have attempted the feat, but Vecna's escape from Ravenloft was the last interesting thing to happen to the vampire. Given unlimited power, the Lich would no doubt repeat the grandeur of it’s last stunt with far greater power. Should it be achieved, it will surely be unequalled in all of The Eldest’s vast memory.

The Eldest opened up the memory of Carna, The Eldest's sword and remembrancer, to offer Vecna its long forgotten name, a secret known only to the sword and, now, to the God of Secrets. Indeed, much of The Eldest’s early existence is now known to Vecna, either through communion with Carna or through the many ways the God has of ferreting out the long-forgotten and the hidden.

The Eldest seeks the mind stone, if only to expand the borders of it’s own memory, and to reclaim it’s full house as The King of The Dead, First of The Blood, Dark Father, Fisher King, The King of Blood and Darkness, Night Wolf and Dawn Star. If The Eldest is a force of nature all but asleep, it wonders what sort of being it could be completely awoken. Some days, as it sleeps the day sleep, it dreads one day deciding to take up those mantles again.

The Eldest has no idea and would like to keep it that way. It will make the realization so much sweeter, and if its underwhelming to the creature, it’s disappointment so much greater. Either one will do.

Do you trust Vecna?

The Eldest trusts Vecna to be interesting. Inevitable betrayal has a kind of excitement, and The Eldest hopes that Vecna has something truly ingenious planned when it stabs The Eldest in the back.

Worthy was never a question that entered into The Eldest’s mind. What is it to judge who is ‘worthy’ to do this or that. Who are the gods to say? They are nothing more than jumped up supernatural beings, and The Eldest has seen gods ascend and die many times in its long unlife.

Certainly, The Eldest has no interest in them at this point beyond the mind stone, and none of the hand seem inclined to do anything interesting with them. And so, Vecna it is.

After clearing its mind, The Eldest has no real need for the stones. It’s stayed alive this long by having the good sense not to proclaim itself a god, and it has no interest in changing that now. And it may not even do that.

If the stones are recovered, he will already have his reward. He can only hope Vecna will keep him around long enough to watch the end.

The Eldest is close in aptitude to The Black Knight, The Beast and The Infiltrator, but it’s attitude isn’t truly in opposition with any of them. It marches at the head of dread legions, sword at its side, as the Black Knight does, it is an extraordinarily difficult to kill engine of destruction, as The Beast is, and, like The Infiltrator, parts of its distributed consciousness exist, hidden, in many cities across the planes. Even the artificer, as unlike The Eldest as it is to make things for itself, is not far different from the ancient wizard, in the fundamentals, if not the actual practice. But, truthfully, it depends entirely on if the other members of the hand prove to be the sort of creature that might bring some entertainment to it, regardless of what that entertainment is.

The Eldest has curated heroes to fight it, occasionally financing its own destruction, cherrypicking its killers, not from the best of the best, but from those who’s actions, intentionally or not, will do something that might really surprise it. It has failed in this, more often than not. Occasionally they have managed to destroy the creature for a time, but usually they can’t even manage that.

It’s current project is a paladin, Alestair Maerer, a former cavalry officer who seeks some redemption for the atrocities it committed in some war or another. It was, of course, The Eldest who manufactured the war, and The Eldest who Dominated the officers who gave the orders to slaughter the enemy down to the last child, and The Eldest who subtly pushed Maerer to the clergy through a hundred dupes and proxies. Maerer has sworn off the sword, doing battle with throwing knives and blades in the dark, forgoing battle entirely. He wants no part in the cut and thrust of battle anymore, simply to give those who he feels must die a quick and merciful death. It amuses the Eldest that perhaps it is the son of a cheesemaker, a paladin who goes about in leather armor, flinging knives and darts charged with holy power, will be the latest in a long line of heroes to kill it.

It was The Eldest who exiled Maerer from his order, who engendered the rift that made the paladin strike out on his own, who has slowly planted the seeds that will lead the paladin to him, for their first real confrontation. The Eldest informed Maerer of Vecna’s plot by proxy, and hopes that the first time they are to meet in person, it doesn’t utterly destroy the paladin to know that his enemy has groomed him since childhood to become the man he is. The Eldest loves Maerer as much as such a being can for his many imperfections, his failure to be the paladin he wishes he was.

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone?

The Soul Stone, to The Eldest, seems like it poses the greatest challenge to The Hand. After all, most who would serve Vecna are wholly and unremittingly evil, or at least the kind of creature that would gladly sacrifice the universe for their desires, who would as sooner perish than admit weakness. A forced sacrifice will hardly go over well with such a group. This sparks a little joy in The Eldest’s heart. The conniving, the self-destruction, the defeat. Win or lose, it will be delicious.

The Eldest knows what it would be asked to sacrifice, and it hopes not to be the one forced on the altar. Idly, it contemplates sacrificing Akhekuzatz, its faithful companion, or finally allowing Carna to rest. But its vampirism is too high a price for it to give up. And so it knows what will be asked.

The Eldest has mastered Vampirism in a way perhaps no other vampire ever will. The wide array of powers granted to it, from shapeshifting to blood magic to the summoning and binding of demons, even above it’s tremendous magical power, are its greatest asset.

Powerful dark magic, delivered at sword point, under the light of a star made from blood. The spell Night’s Caress has been a centerpiece of The Eldest’s arsenal for millennia, and it is unlikely to deviate too far from its habits.

From a mortal standpoint, itself. The Eldest is more interested in an interesting outcome, rather than unequivocal victory. It has had it’s share of that, and for such a powerful being, unilateral victory is easy. An interesting battle, a truly engaging narrative is far more intriguing to the creature than acting in accordance with its colossal intellect. The Eldest isn’t above helping its enemies, or sparing deadly enemies if it thinks they can be relied upon to make the road ahead more interesting. And, of course, The Eldest’s ambivalence about itself and the memories that it has allowed to be lost does not help it either.

As far as The Eldest is concerned, the limits of the vampiric mind are its greatest foe. Even with superhuman intelligence, there is only so much anyone can remember, and The Eldest has long ago passed that limit. Its nightly unlife passes like a waking dream, and were it able to reach the full extent of its experience, the creature would be almost unspeakably deadly. It is well, both for the universe and for what little sense of self the creature has, then, that this is beyond its few limits.

That its torment will continue unending, without anything truly new to the creature's sophisticated palate ever arising in the multiverse. It fears it has truly seen everything.

It fears that as it walks the path it has chosen to walk, it has long ago closed the paths that would have saved it from its boredom. That it’s belief that it is what it is has limited it to what it could be, that there is something set about it that not even unlimited time could change.

After that, of course, it fears that Vecna will not even have the dignity to do anything truly great with the stones. It expects great things from the God of Secrets, Deicide or a massive restructuring of the order of the cosmos at the very least. If the god were to fail in a new and unusual way, that would also suffice. But never should the god ascend to unlimited power and do something terribly unimaginative with it.

To be frank, The Eldest isn't quite sure. Killing it is a difficult proposition, requiring the head to be separated from the body while the eldest is yet in physical form, burned (separately from the body) and for both to be scattered over different moving bodies of water. Even then, if the ashes of its head were to be recovered, and unfortunately easy feat for those with an interest in resurrecting incredibly ancient vampires, and an unhallow spell cast on them, The Eldest will return once more. Anything else, and the eldest will slink away to a patch of dirt from its homeland, and the creature has such patches scattered within easy reach in every reality, the product of some long-ago ambition of conquering all that it saw, and its body will reform.

It has tried to die many times over the years. It has not found a way to make it truly stick. Some two-bit necromancer with more power than sense, or some well meaning vampire cultist always pulls it back from oblivion.

It’s not even sure if this is even the original ‘body’ that it was embraced in. After all, the creature could, with a little work, envision a way to possess some unfortunate fledgeling or lesser vampire. Escaping death through the bodies of its descendants is surely something it could have done. And with strange aeons, almost certainly has.

Truthfully, very little of The Eldest’s morality remains, replaced by a kind of ruthless pragmatism. It will never admit it, but the idea of losing its vampiric powers revulses and even terrorizes the creature. Most tenable ways, of course, would require redeeming the creature somehow. And it’s simply no longer interested in redemption.

It would like, secretly, to see what it was once, before the blood, before the ‘curse’ of vampirism, before Carna. What sort of rudimentary creature it was in the very dawn of time. What god or dark power created it. Temporal magic is rare and difficult, and the eldest had not considered such a thing. But with the stones, now the option of realizing its origins without communing with Carna and re-awakening its full might

Dr. Strange is a talented mage, and could well be worth turning. He probably doesn’t technically count, but I, the player, don’t know comics.

Hawkeye. The power disparity between very talented man with a bow and antediluvian blood god would result in a very short fight, and that’s tremendously disinteresting to The Eldest.

Spoiler: And It's Household
    Show

Akhekuzatz, The Eldest's mount, chamberlain and companion.

The Nine, The Eldest's Highest Spawn. They are, variously, Malakh, who is in courtly ascendance, Malkav, Enonnia, Irad, Lestat, Noctilus, Abissmalard, Caius Cappadocius and Menele. While they may seem to be different people, each is merely an extension of The Eldest. While The Eldest is in reclusion, awake but sleeping the sleep of eons, it is they who 'manage' Golconda. They fancy themselves to have free will, that they have escaped the directives of The Eldest, but it is has simply become the case that after thousands of years subject to The Eldest's dominance they can no longer tell their own thoughts apart from those of their sire. Nevertheless, it is the political games that The Eldest acts out through them that dominate goings-on in Golconda.

The Eldest's Army and household is largely arrayed in a pyramidal structure. Each of the nine manages a segment of the undead army of Golconda, tithed to them by any spellcasters among their childer. As per ancient detenté, each manages near exactly the same number of childer and undead, each in strictly formalized positions. Each of the Eldest is allowed one Justicar, one Chancellor and one Seer of The Blood, and the others are often, but not specifically, as Paladins, serving their line's Justicar. The justicar is both warrior and advocate for their sire, authorized to pass judgement on those below it and of their line, after a duly given hearing (although with the hold that each of the nine exercises on any of their childer, honesty is expected, and, thus, an observer isn't necessary for such a hearing, which can be conducted on an impropmtu, as-needed basis) as well as to adjudicate disputes between two individuals of a different lineage. The Chancellor, by contrast, is the understudy, traditionally a potent necromancer capable of solving the issues of undead living. Theirs, also, is the duty to ensure that the ledgers are kept and the mortals kept fed and healthy. As these duties tend to drag them away from their house loyalties, they are the most prone to working alongside each other when not roused to war by the will of The Eldest. The Seer is an advisor to their sire, warding against the efforts of other lineages and seeking the best future for the clan.

Beneath them, various lesser vampires propagate and occasionally slip free of their bonds to try to better their position. Often, these times are exactly in accordance with the games that The Eldest constantly plays with the lives of its childer.

Spoiler: The Long Part
    Show

Each of The Nine manages a branch of The Eldest's bloodline, maintaining a feudal hierarchy of sire and domitor, leading to a full compliment that is somewhat misleading. As the blood bond is broken upon the permanent death of the domitor, only rarely do more powerful vampires take to the field, risking control issues on the frontline. Numbers-wise, it breaks down like this, per branch:
    1 10th level Cavalier - House Justicar (Traditionally, this is the Master's Chosen, receiving +6 Strength and +6 Con)
    - 4 5th level Fighters, 'Knights' usually fighting with the other paladin-attendants.
    1 10th level Wizard (Necromancy) - House Chancellor
    - 4 5th level Wizards, junior necromancers for the Chancellor
    1 10th level Wizard (Divination) - The house's Seer of Blood, and, traditionally, spymaster
    - 4 5th level Unchained Rogues, 'Autarkis', these agents are infiltrators, assassins and spies, usually operating covertly in the vampire's holdings
    9 8th level Cavaliers - Paladins
    - 45 3rd level Fighters, each paladin has ~5 paladin-attendents, which take to the field as heavy infantry.

Undead Auxilaries, traditionally transferred to a field leader by use of the Undead Lieutenant spell. Each branch controls roughly 120HD of undead, between the Chancellor and their servitors, plus those commanded personally by the patriarch:
    - 40 Medium Skeletal Archers
    - 40 Medium Bloody Skeletons
    The patriarch's forces tend to vary by house, but usually consist of 15 wights or a unit of 30 ghasts. (Most houses elect for ghasts, resulting in what is usually a 5-4 breakdown.) Occasionally, some circumstance will compel the Eldest to have one of its childer raise something else, but this is most often what it sticks with.

The Eldest, personally, maintains a core of 10 Rajput Ambari, created with Create Undead, to serve as shock cavalry and mounts for its spellcasters, for when the creature decides to go to war. Beyond that, it's leadership feat is largely committed to the management of Golconda, but could field perhaps 130 peasant irregulars, should pressing need arise.

In the field, The Eldest tends to field small units, usually three groups of 30, although on occasion this has been deployed as two groups of 45, of vampiric heavy cavalry, usually experienced, high level cavaliers mounted on barded skeletal horses, and has his line infantry deployed in 3 120 skeleton groups, supported by 9 groups of 40 skeletal archers behind. The house ghast units are usually delineated as light infantry, deployed along the wings, in scattered formation, in 5 groups of 30. Behind the frontline, or shoring it up in places it may become weak, is heavy infantry, in the form of paladin-attendants and, usually three groups of just under 150, or in smaller, more numerous groups of 49. Finally, the wights are deployed at the rear, usually armed with spears for the purpose of breaking incoming charges before laying in with their natural attacks, almost always as a single group of 60, but occasionally in two groups of 30 should there be multiple necromancers on the field to protect. The Eldest's rajputs are usually divided, 5-8 interspersed behind the ranks of skeletons, in order to wreak havoc on the enemy line, and 2-5 dedicated as combat mounts for any spellcasters on the field.

All told, this works out to:
    360 Bloody Medium Skeletons, armed with longswords and shields
    360 Skeleton Archers, armed with longbows and 30 arrows apiece
    90 Human Vampire Cavaliers, armed with lances, steel shields and a sabers, in breastplate and heavy horse barding
    441 Human Vampire Men-at-Arms, each with breastplates, steel shields and longswords.
    130 Ghasts, unarmed, unarmored
    60 Wights, armed with spears, although they're not good with them.
    10 Rajput Ambari

(In total, some 1,451 under arms)

Often, they march to war with a number of carts intended to hold coffins in tow, so that the vampiric portion of the legion has both somewhere to rest during the day, and somewhere to retreat to in the event of battlefield discorporation. In the event of a deep-strike from a Gate spell, this eternal life abruptly gets a lot less eternal.

These forces are too numerous to wait in Golconda- there simply isn't the room. Instead, they wait in a staging area inside Vecna's demiplane, where a small camp has set up to house their coffins

Golconda, The Eldest's demiplane, most permanently inhabited by the creature's elder servants, necromancers and knights. (The younger, less powerful vampires are generally deposited with the extraplanar interests of their house, recalled in times of war) The Eldest shaped this demiplane long ago, into the form of a small, mountain village in a moonlit valley. The moon never sets in Golconda, and shines nearly as bright as the day. The foliage is a deep indigo, occasionally interrupted by blood red and lilac flowers. The trees are twisted, their broad, hard leaves casting a deep shade over the forest. At the heart of the small vale is a small, walled village of 150 odd living, mostly humans, almost all lawful evil. They owe fealty to the lord of the castle, The Eldest, and have been its cattle for generations, willingly giving blood to sate the creature's thirst on a regular schedule. There is a very complicated, intensely managed rotation, ensuring the population of the village is kept safely far away from anemia and all the undead denizen's hunger is kept sated.

At the center of the village, backed into the sharp, unscalable mountains of the valley, is The Eldest's keep, a massive tower seemingly hued masterfully from grey stone (it is, in fact, a natural feature of the plane- there is no stone beneath that surface, merely two planar barriers that nearly touch each other). There are no stairs in the keep, merely access holes intended for someone capable of turning into a bat, or intended to be climbed through by someone that can scale flat walls. Here, the Eldest holds court, and, through a dozen offices, conducts the tiresome business of managing its childer. Mainly, however, it keeps to the upper stories, accessible only through flight. At the top of the spire, Akhekuzatz makes its dwelling, its hoarde stored just below its wide, open air-windowed aerie.

Beneath the spire are a maze of catacombs, laid out in nine loose branches, each of which is dedicated to the spawn and household of one of The Nine, and a small tomb for guests, should they need acommodations in the unlikely event of a visit- the plane has no active gate, until The Eldest deigns to raise one again.

Golconda Traits:
    Mildly Evil-Aligned, Mildly Law-Aligned: -2 to charisma checks made by chaotic individuals on the plane, -2 to charisma checks made by good individuals in Golconda:
    Bountiful: Can sustain up to 174 living beings in the plane without outside food.
    Flowing Time: For every 6 hours that pass in Golconda, 1 round passes in the prime material plane.
    Finite: The edges of the mountain valley gradually grow slicker and slicker, until passage is impossible through magic. Those who are flying find themselves unable to make progress. It is not possible to escape the valley. There is, quite literally nothing behind it
    Special Morphic: The Eldest maintains a lot of control over the plane, as per the 'Greater Create Demiplane' spell
    Impeded Magic: Positive energy effects and holy spells are impeded in Golconda.

Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2019-05-31 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

5. - Top - End - #245

Planetar

I am finallizing the last parts of my build. the idea is that I have a martial side (zealot/awakened blade), fluffed as his martial training, a leading side (totemic war drummer skald) and then just a side filled with dips and multiclasses, used mostly to support the other two sides, but I fluff it (at least in general) as the his journey to connect, understand, and channel the powers of the eye of emerald. (this side contains rubato, mystic, animus adept, soul knife, and more)

EDIT- can I get familiar archetypes on my psicrystal? (with scry on familiar replaced by sight link and speak with animals of it's kind replaced with telepathic speech, which is arguably more powerful)
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-21 at 02:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure if I stated interest but I will be building a Teifling Mageknight/Harbinger/Rogue for the role of Dark Knight.
    Focus will be on cursing his enemies and giving them penalties while controlling the battlefield with his threatened Area
    manipulation.

7. - Top - End - #247

Planetar

I am currently considering a drastic change character-wise, since something with the current concept just doesn't click. hopefully Ill be able to finish things on time...I might go with a grappler/shapeshifter, but we've got the most submissions for a beast so maybe Ill take infiltrator focused on poisons.

Ill think about a concept first and then build a character around it.

EDIT-Im thinking about some sort of "the first killer" character, drawing a lot of inspiration from the biblical character of Cain. The concept is that he was cursed for his deeds, and his punishment was to live forever and suffer, until the gods will fall from the sky and he would be able to rest in piece. During the years, he tried again and again to kill himself, but when he understood that will never happen, he turned to Vecna and offered himself to the cause, and in exchange Vecna will use his newfound powers to kill him, and send him to his eternal rest.

Not sure what to make of it mechanichs-wise, but I really like the idea of a character who was everywhere and seen everything, so probably an infiltrator jack-of-all trades guy, the ultimite skill monkey. not sure how much he would fit in the game though....

EDIT 2-probably going with a necromancer, and his fluff is "the father of sinners". he sees himself responsible for those the gods have turned their backs to, collects their souls under his wings, and he promised he would make the gods pay for ditching them.

EDIT 3-Gm question-If I build a necromancer, do I need to have the ability to actually raise undead, or is it enough to build around controlling as much of them as possible, since I already get a premade army+a group of necromancers that will raise undead for me?
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-26 at 04:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Q&A from the Discord
    Show

Q1: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...ses/vigilante/ : Racial Paragon
    This particular vigilante trick has two options for when it's taken multiple times: quicker usage, and more feats mimicked at once. I would like to request a homebrew third option, where it increases the total number of uses per day by 3+half level. I don't know that any racial feats are even particularly worth using even in chains, but the ability to pick up racial feats as needed sounds fantastic for if I'm trying to pretend to be something weird.
    A1: allowed

Q2: Is there anything I can do (maybe spend a feat?) to change my Witch spellcasting stat from Intelligence to Wisdom? #EDIT: Is this feat ok? LOST TRADITION [GENERAL] You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition. Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again. For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells. Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.
    A2: allowed

Q3. Do "Courageous" weapons improve all morale bonuses you have, or just morale bonuses on saves vs fear?
    "Verbal Counter While outside of combat, whenever a creature makes a Bluff check against you that involves speaking, you can make a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check opposed by their Bluff check; upon making a successful opposed check, you can force them to either tell the truth (as far as they know) about the subject or take a -5 penalty on Charisma-based skill and ability checks (this includes Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, even if the target uses an alternate ability score to determine their bonuses with these skills) against everyone who listened to them speak for 1 day."
    A3: Courageous weapons improve save vs fear by their enhancement bonus and all other morale bonuses by 1/2 their enhancement bonus

Q4) How does this interact with Glibness effects?
    A4: Glibness would add to your bluff check

Q5) How long have we been 20th level, in-game?
    A5: Effectively as long as you want, Vecna has been gathering the hand at different times

Q6) I am thinking of a Wild Hunt Monarch, which comes with druid casting inbuilt. Does that mean I can still take an actual Tier 1 caster class as well, or does that count as my Tier 1 class, even though it is a racial ability?
    A6: Counts as your T1, same as Planetar counts as T1 due to cleric casting

Q7) The Pathfinder rules in general imply (DM me for details) that Colossal is everything above 30x30ft. With the Telekinesis rules, that'd imply that, with an effective CL of 25, the Acolyte can TK anything. I'm proposing that for anything above 40x40, I need to make a Spellcraft check, with the DC being 15+1 per 5ft over 40ft base. Effectively, that would mean I could (with my take-10 ability) TK anything with a space of around 185x185ft, roughly the size of the HMS Victory plus change by my reckoning (HMS victory actually comes out at around 110x110).
    A7: Seems like a reasonable solution we will go with that

Q8 Can I has https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-4/
    Q8: Approved

Q9. Reiteration: When I asked about Glibness effects, I'm actually referring to this and it's variations in a few places within the rules: "If a magical effect is used against you that would detect your lies or force you to speak the truth, the user of the effect must succeed on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against a DC of 15 + your caster level to succeed. Failure means the effect does not detect your lies or force you to speak only the truth." The reason I ask is because while Verbal Counter is most definitely an effect that would force you to tell the truth, it is Spheres Of Might - and thus, not a magical effect that does so. Would abilities protecting from magically-forced truth-telling protect from Verbal Counter, and if so what would the VC user roll in place of a CL check?
    A9. Verbal counter is non-magical and therefore abilities protecting from magically forced truthfulness wouldn't apply to Verbal Counter, Glibness wouldn't turn the Verbal Counter into a magical effect

Q10: how do you feel about Vermin Lord in the Book of Vile Darkness? With the promise that I won't abuse the hivemind ability, of course. I kinda like the idea of being in a Swarm of undeath and Vermin and all things gross and horrible
    A10: Go for it

Q11: in your opinion, does Dread Necromancer grant the lich template as its capstone? Some people think it does, some don't, so I gotta ask. If so, does it count toward the two Template limit?
    A11 In this instance, it does count as the template, and does count towards the two template limit

Q12: how do you feel about the worm that walks template? It's not third party, but I saw that you were adjusting some templates' CR to be more in line with their power level
    A12: Given our game/level, I would put this at CR+4

Q13:
    A)so, Elbeyon pointed out that the Dread Necro capstone contains this clause:
    A dread necromancer who is not humanoid does not gain this class feature.
    Are we waiving that, or will I just need to take templates normally?
    B)if we are waiving that, I realized that I was talking about taking Pathfinder's equivalent of the dracolich template in place of the lich template, but realized that I never actually got explicit permission to do that. They're the same CR. Here's the ravener template: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo.../ravener-cr-2/ Sorry for all the questions
    A13: We can wave that since this is a monster friendly game

Q14: you stated that varient multi-classing is ok if we want. My assumption is that it should only be used on full 20 level classes, not when using normal multi-classing? Also, if that is ok, can I use it with non-PF classes, and is it usable on all sides which go 20 level single class? Or only one side for the build? To be specific I am thinking of MMF//Binder 20 (use varient MC)//Warblade 20 (use Varient MC)
    A14: Unfortunately, you can only VMC one side (though really you are VMCing the whole character, it feeds off your base feats). I would prefer you used a PF class for the base, as they are already prewritten. But you can combine it with a nonPF class (So Ftr20//Binder20//Warblade20 (VMC: Oracle)

Q15: how much should we be able to be humanoid? Being a dragon lets me polymorph into a humanoid 3/day, but it only has minute/level duration. Is that enough, or will I need something better?
    A15: Should be sufficient, if not, I may increase it for you if it interferes with party dynamics.

Q16: Which Origin Story for Asmodeus Is True? :p
    A16: All of them, and none of them, if you are asking for background purposes, whatever one is convenient to your story

Q17: How do you feel about Augury-like effects? Divination effects that make the player ask questions for the DM if the future will be good or bad? I'm asking this because I, as a DM, dislike them, but it fits the "Oracle" vibe i'm going for with this character so if you're ok with them.
    A17: I am good with it, but can be unreliable, it is based on the current data, so the closer to the event you make it, the more accurate it will be

Q18: I'm doing a version of the character with Hedgewith and wanted the Black Magic tradition, which grants me an oracle curse. But the curses I want (Lich, Shadowbound or Forsaken) all grant me spells, and the system says it's not advisable to choose one of those. Can we work this out? Like gaining a magical talent of similar effect/school?
    A18: Resolved in PM, can swap out Spells for limited Talents

Q19: How do you feel about alternate rules that Get Rid Of/Significantly Lower wealth such as:
    19A) Automatic Bonus Progression?
    19B) Vow of Poverty?
    19C) Vow of Poverty Homebrew Fixes?
    19D) Chopping Down the Christmas Tree
    A19: As big of a fan as I am of Chopping Down the Christmas Tree, we will be sticking with Automatic Bonus Progression for those that wish it for simplicity.

Q20: so, the dragon I'm using is CR 16, but normally has 22 HD. Do I treat my character as having 20 dragon hit dice, or 16 dragon hit dice then 4 HD based on character levels?
    A20: 16 Dragon Hit Dices and then 4character HD

Q21: how big can my hivemind be a game start? And what happens to it if I die? Does it split up? If it remains together, is it still loyal, and maybe tries to revive me? Or does it remain together but just goes off on its own adventures?
    A21: Hivemind can be as large as a cohort, and counts as a cohort if you take leadership. If you die, it starts to discorporate, and loses a hit die per day. While it is together, it is a DMPC, and may be a little emotional at the loss of its master.

Q22: For the ABP, I don't wear armor but do have the Armored Magic Aegis to provide an Armor and Shield bonus, can I slap my attunement bonuses on those?
    A22: Yes, attunement works on clothes and skin too

Q23: How do you feel about Blood Money (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-s...blood-money/)?
    A23: I have seen it abused enough to prefer not to allow it

Q24: How do you feel about deliberately cursed items (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...g_Cursed_Items)
    A24: Would prefer not to use them

Q25: How do you feel about other crafting discounts? A23: I have seen it abused enough to prefer not to allow it
    A25: Depends, case by case basis, Artificer for example is allowed

Q25 (Clairification): Was looking at the crafting feats (eg. Extraordinary Artisan), and the Spark of Creation trait. Also Magical Artisan
    A25: Those three are allowed

Q26: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: The Muse (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ings/fey/muse/) "can use versatile performance as a bard for all categories of Perform." - does this include just the vanilla Versatile Performance, or also Expanded Versatility (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...erformance-Ex-) ?
    A26: Vanilla only

Q27: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: When a Spirit Guide Oracle grabs the Lore Spirit (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hyb.../spirits/lore/) for Arcane Enlightenment, does the Oracle need something like Arcane Preparation (feat tax), does the Oracle prepare spells out of spontaneous slots, or are the spells added like the Spirit Magic spells (essentially spells known)?
    A27: no Arcane prep, but prepare the spells out of Spontaneous slots

Q28: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: When a Spirit Guide Oracle grabs the Lore Spirit for Arcane Enlightenment, are they restricted to changing spells once per level, or do they potentially get new ones each day due to cutting a deal with a slightly different spirit?
    A28: Can bargain daily for different spells

Q29: Occult Oracle capstone grants the Ghost template under certain conditions (see https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...teries/occult/). If I'm currently a ghost and synthesized with my eidolon ... am I effectively solid due to the meatsuit, do I remain incorporeal, or some hybrid between?
    A29: You are solid in the meat suit, effectively possessing it

Q30) My wild hunt monarch gets Druid casting at 17th level. Not sure if I would do it yet, but is it possible to replace it with spheres casting?
    A30 Allowed

Q31: Shadow Conjouration and it's Greater counterpart specify "any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning) or conjuration (creation) spell of [X] level or lower". Shades specifies "that it mimics conjuration spells of 8th level or lower." Are the missing class (Sorcerer or Wizard) and subschools (Summoning or Creation) considered deliberately removed, or inherited by shades (aka, can Shades duplicate a Cleric Conjouration(Healing) spell, such as Heal)?
    A31: It works like the label, a ninth level spell should be able to Shade Heal

Q32: Speed weapon enchantment https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...bilities/speed If I have speed on all of my weapons, do I get an extra attack with each of them when I full attack?
    A32: Speed weapon enhancement is not culmative with similiar effects, including other speed weapons

Q33 How long has it been since Die Vecna Die? I.e. how long since Vecna has even been a God
    A33: Technically, Die Vecna Die hasn't happened in this reality, the heroes thwarted Vecna in Sigil, many many moons ago

Q34) Before I get too far in fleshing out my Beast idea, I gotta ask...Hulking Hurler?
    A34: Yep

Q35) If I use the http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gravecrawler capstone and reincarnate into a new humanoid body but also have something like, say, Dread Necromancer that changes my type does the new body also get said type change?
    A35: Yep, you are thoroughly corrupted, even in reincarnation

Q36) Xorvintaal dragons are nice and fun, but they don't get much love. Assuming I can play one would it be okay to pick dragonfire adept invocations / breath effects as xorvintaal powers? (I assume that this is not a too big increase in power, and that it is still below spellcasting as far as power goes) Any other suggestions for things to pick as Xorvintaal powers?
    A36: Sorry, no love for Xorvintaal in this game

Q37) Speaking of fun with dragons, I would like to be able to offer some dragonpacts (Dragon magic), would it be okay if I create custom dragonpacts limiting myself to spells that I know when offering them?
    A37: Yes

Q38) Speaking of fun with dragons, and spells known, Dragonblood Spell-pacts (Dragons of Faerun) are a way to trade spells known, if I have wizard spellcasting I am assuming it makes it go away from the spellbook but there is nothing from scribing it again?
    A38:Works on Sorceror spells only

Q39) How are we dealing with XP costs by the way?
    A39: Depends on how abused the xp costs are, we are using story/goal advancement, if you are regularly employing abilities that have XP costs, it may slow your advancement. Low/Moderate usages won't matter too much.

Q40) Would it be okay to be a spell hoarding dragon? I am most likely trading the racial spellcasting for xorvintaal, but I am still going to take wizard levels and the spell hoard would be fun to play with.
    A40: Would prefer you didn't.

Q41 With the automatic bonus progression are we adhering to the wealth and magic item restrictions?
    A41: Yes, unless you wish to request a specific exception, which may be reviewed.

Q42 So with PF being the driving game system, the Wildshape rules don't really make MMF workable. But what I wanted out of MMF can be accomplished by playing a Wendigo. Which ends up being roughtly the same as a Wartroll form for MMF. Is that ok?
    A42: Approved, Wendigo CR/LA=17

Q43: there is an item called the Rod of Undead Mastery that doubles the number of HD of undead you can control via Animate Dead. Dread Necromancer has an ability that allows me to control 4+Cha mod of HD via undead, rather than the usual 4. Does it double like this: (4 * 2) + Cha, or like this: (4 + Cha) * 2
    A43: ((4+Cha Mod)20HD)2

Q44: Piggybacking on the last question, normally for Spheres you can control 2 times your Caster Level of undead. With my talents, I can control 5 times my CL. If I pick the Rod of Undead Mastery, does it turn into 10 times my CL? This sounds like a lot, but the example on the Rod says 8 times Caster Level so idk if it is a lot or no
    A44: 10 times

Q45: Some casting drawbacks have penalties, like Painful Magic (roll Fortitude every time I use a spell), but all of those DCs are just way too low to be an actual penalty (Painful Magic has a 20 DC, I have 30+ Fortitude). is it fine to still pick them if it makes sense?
    A45: You may, and I may increase the DC based on what you are doing or what is happening to you

Q46: Is the Targetteer Fighter variant (from Dragon Magazine #310) allowed?
    A46: Allowed

Q47: Would you permit me to play a Smoke Elemental Creature (from Dragon Magazine #347)?
    A47: Would rather you didn't, try belker or Smoke Creature Template

Q48: we have run into an issue. The hivemind format, as it currently exists, pretty much expects you to to treat each member of the swarm as an individual creature. A hivemind of bats with enough individuals to cast as an 18th Level Sorcerer would have about 1700 bats. This doesn't work. I assumed there was a template to make them into a unit with the swarm subtype, but there is not such a template. What should we do?

Q49: What would you say the LA appraisals are on these 2 Templates?
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ound-creature/
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...-stalker-cr-2/
    A49a: Devilbound: CR+2, keep in mind that Vecna would have to obtain the contract.
    A49b: Implacable Stalker: CR+4

Q50: Would you allow the Serenity feat (Dragon Compendium) to apply to Antipaladins instead of just Paladins?
    A50: If you can describe how it would fuel an AP (because "Your wisdom, inner calm, and sagacity fuels your class abilities rather than your force of personality or will." will not cut it), then yes.

Q51: Vecna is locked away somewhere right? And speak with us through a machine of some sort, I believe? Has it always been like that? Have we ever been with Vecna?
    A51: Vecna is believed to be within a pocket dimension within the dimension his fleet/army sits, it is unknown if he appears elsewhere or if he has the ability to do so, he certainly seems well aware of what is going on. He speaks to you through a Projected Image/Hologram. He has been this way since his defeat in Sigil. No one has ever BEEN with Vec, but he has soul puppeted some people sometimes when you need physical interaction.

Q52: You mentioned full magic-psionics transparency. Would the Dimensional Agility feat chain work with the Folded Space power (which is just Psionic Dimension Door)?
    A52: Yes

Q53 - Grandmaster Template gives me Leadership and a Cohort. For sake of simplicity, can I give my Adamantine Golem 18 Gestalt levels in say, Conscript or some reasonably simple class?
    A53: Yes

Q54: What would be the LA over/under on this template: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A54: I would not like this template to be a part of the game

Q55: are we concerned about the number of individuals in the swarm, other than for stats? I ask because the 1700 I calculated isn't enough to form a proper swarm by the swarm rules
    A55: It qualifies as swarm

Q56- Would you allow the Dreamscarred Press Akashic Mysteries stuff? (It's basically the Pathfinder Incarnum system, works generally the same)
    A56: Yes, but go easy on me, I'm light in my knowledge of them

Q57- Before developing the concept further, I would like to run it by you. There are likely going to be some minionmancy involved, so I was thinking of running a buffer character.
    Dragon // Zealot // Wizard 5 / Singer of Concordance 10 / Spellguard of Silverymoon 4 / Archmage 1.
    The Zealot's collective allows to cast buff spells at the collective as long as they have a range better than touch. Spellguard and Archmage make personal (and touch) spells have a (fixed) range of 30 feet. Singer of Concordance 10 gives access to a pretty private demiplane and at will access to it, establishing an earth node there allows to use metanode to get over the increase in spell level, making persist spells easily viable, due to the collective range he can buff people from his demiplane.
    I am thinking of having the wizard levels be in psychic mage, who can learn psionic powers, and have a psionic artificer cohort providing cognizant crystals of psionic versions of spells in order to access the most unusual buffs, but that might be pushing it.
    A57: Discussed in thread, Dragons with full casting count as T1, half casters/manifested do not

Q58: Can I use Permanent Weapon Form from http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/spirit-blade ?
    A58: yes

Q59: Would this template be an acceptable substitute to the above (as it is nowhere near as OP)? Would the CR adjustment be 6 or less? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-3/
    A59: I would prefer you didn't use that template

Q60: Does Solid Shadows (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metam...ows-metamagic/) work with Shades?
    A60: yes

Q61: You mentioned you did not like Blood Money. You also mentioned you're more lenient with 9th level spells. How do you feel about Shades duplicating True Creation for spell components (mostly for Permancy)?
    A61: With solid shadows, that works, as they are 100% real, just don't go too crazy

Q62: Would playing a corrupted Kolyarut Inevitable be okay / what would be the CR on it? Would keep Devilbound and Inevitable Stalker ideally.
    A63: CR12, not sure how it has a soul is a question

Q64: Rakshasha Maharaja are good monster for CR 20 but just checking if the Extra Initiative monster ability is okay? Willing to drop it, if it is an issue (since it does kinda change my character action economy): https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...shasa-maharaja
    A64: Drop extra Initiative, counts as T1 caster

Q65: Is it possible to have this [ Hoard Gullet ] put onto a wonderous item for permanent use?
    A65: Yes

Q66: If so how much would it cost?
    A66: Portable Hole equivalent, 20k for 6x10, 40k for 10x10

Q67: do creatures like my Vermin Servant benefit from ABP?
    A67: No

Q68: (i've been thinking about a secondary submission because my brain just can't stop working) what do you feel about these templates (added to a human, no monster): https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/ https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A68: Not fond of Alacritous, banned, Divine Champion I will allow, but only on a CR0 race

Q69: There is a staff in Spheres called Staff of Great Control that is a +2 Staff for Conjuration and Death that adds it's bonuses to summoned minions damage and saving throws (normally it's only for attacks and skills), that costs 32k. A price for a normal +2 Staff of Conjuration and Death is 18k. Can I have a +5 Staff of Great Control of Death/Blood + Weather and Divination? The normal price for such a Staff (without the Great Control tag) would be 162k, so if it would be in line with the +2 one, the price would have to go up by around 78%, bringing it to a total cost of 288,360. Is that acceptable?
    A69: yes

Q70: The Frostfallen Template (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-1/) says that a Frostfallen creature has no Intelligence, but the Undead Lord Template (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...lord-template/) says that mindless undead gain an intelligence of 10. Also, Frostfallen says my Wisdom becomes 10. My questions are:
    Q70.1: Are those templates ok? Do you want to change their CR/LA?
    A70.1: They are okay, increase Frostfallen to +2 since you are eliminating its drawback (sort of)
    Q70.2: Are those the "final scores", for both Int and Wis? Or are they before I apply any other bonuses?
    A70.2: pre-bonus

Q71: I do realize you said no homebrew, but would theurge classes for Binder/Incarnum ( http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.....html#msg13422 ) and Warlock/Dragonfire Adept ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...1&postcount=11 ) be allowed, considering they have no official support for the like? (Reasoning is I'm liking the idea of playing the other half of Ashardalon's soul, who Vecna is helping subsume and assimilate the rest of it.)
    Q71.1: If the above is a no go, then would a Major Red Dragon Bloodline make someone count as the Dragonblood subtype, as per the variant races in Dragon Magic?

Q72 When designing marvellous items with the Destruction Sphere, once I've made it usable at will by multiplying the price by 5, could I add 50% to the cost to make it usable with full attacks etc? Could be useful, if expensive to make people Magic Ranged Weapons? Probably would be an exotic weapon in of itself tho. Basically make items that have the same kind of blast as the Blaster Armorist
    A72: Let's not do that

Q73 - Technological Items. I have some access to them, I'd like to know how much you want them to be able to be around
    A73: Doesn't bother me, it's like Asgardian tech, to some its magic, to others its tech, let mr know what you have in mind

Q74) Is the Iron Lich acceptable? I ask not because of power, but because it is 3PP.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A74: Yes, CR+4

Q75) Nar fiendbond is a spell that adds the half fiend template, it has a cost based on class level. I would like to make sure that class level =/= character level. (Basically it would be really helpful to permanently change constructs type to something that is living)
    A75: Character level = class level, this counts towards your template limit, and if you abuse it, it will slow your advancement

Q76: If a character has both Incarnum and Veilweaving, do they stack or overlap?
    Q76.1: Which feats set would you prefer, if it differs from the above ruling?
    A76: Overlap

Q77) Can I make my own weapon of legacy? The printed ones suck
    A77: No weapons of legacy

Q78) How up to date are you on physics and engineering. Asking for a friend :p
    A78: I was good 30 years ago, now, I know some of the words. Speak your gobbledygook, wizard

Q79: Aspect & Greater Aspect of the Unchained Summoner: Do they overlap or stack?
    A79: Overlap

Q80: I get all the Versatile Performance options as part of muse. I then take Bard-4. Do I pick an Expanded Versatility at Bard-2, or is it an overlapping feature?
    A80: Overlapping feature can archetype it out

Q81: Character level = class level + racial hit die?
    A81: Character level=class level. Racial hit die are capped at your cr, so an ancient black cr16 dragon only has 16 HD in the gestalt, the other 4hd being made up of class levels. Monster CR and templats (max 2) should fit on one side of the gestalt. Everyone should have 20hd, is character level 20, shoShimmerdance Sorgrennanuld be no more than a cr20 monster, should have no no more than 60 levels, have no more than 2 templates

Q82: Can we combine magic items ala 3.5 Magic Item Compendium?
    A82; Absolutely, +50% of lesser item

Q83: Are minions (constructs, undead) also limited to the 20hd?
    A83: No

Q84: If a character has 2 different forms of Regeneration (against separate damage types), would either type shut both of them down, or would it work more like DR (where you would apply at least one type of Regeneration as long as the damage doesn't qualify for both)?
    A84: Either one would, but you would have to overcome the other one (go below -10)

Q85: Constructs are immune to "any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless". Would this include the Staggered condition when hits 0 hp (or goes below 0, in the case of Ferocity)?
    Q85: Yes

Q86: Do the "Create Spawn" ability from Undead Lord count towards my undead limit? (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...lord-template/)
    A86: Separate pool

Q87: Are people killed with my Weather effects or my minions raised as my spawn?
    A87: Yes!

Q88: If I die, once per week, I return to life "as if per the spell resurrection". However, the undead entry says the following:
    "Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead."
    So, if I die I lose my templates? Or can we just wave that and say I come back "normally"?
    A88: Come back normally, but you could wave it if you want

Q89: Can I have clarification on the Cold Special Attack from Frostfallen Template? (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-1/) I suppose that since it's a Special Attack and not a Defensive Ability, besides the damage taken from attacking me, there would be something else to this ability. I have three theories: a) It's just a Defensive Ability put in the wrong place. b) It's supposed to be a melee touch attack, that deals cold damage according to your HD, + the defensive ability. c) It's supposed to add damage to your natural attacks by an amount proportional to your HD + the defensive ability,
    A89: I think it is poorly written. B is my interpretation of it

Q90: are we keeping to the 20 HD limit on zombies and skeletons?
    A90: No

Q91: Concerned by the loyalty of intelligent constructs, are constructs considered magical items, and as such can be improved with a properly prepared Nybor's Psychic Imprint (I mean get an imprinted gem and then use it to build the construct)?
    A91: I am inclined to say yes, but whom are you copying for the imprint?

Q92: Can followers from leadership have PC class levels? What about cohorts?
    A92: Cohorts can always have class levels. That's why leadership is banned so much, you basically get a second PC. Followers can have class levels, but I think they count as a higher level. Like a level 4 Warrior would be a level 4 follower, but a level 4 Fighter would be like a level 7 follower

Q93: Can creatures who are immune to mind-effecting suppress said immunity as a standard action, just like voluntarily lowering SR?
    A93: No, though there maybe some feats/class Abilities that bypass this ie requiem

Q94: Psicrystals are creatures that can take actions. Under the Psicrystal Containment feat, it states: "The psicrystal cannot focus itself - only the owner can spend the time to focus the crystal." I take it to mean that a psicrystal could concievably focus you, but not itself?
    A94: No, but there is always Psicrystal containment

Q95 Pathfinder removed all xp costs from the game. Are the ones in 3.5 being removed or being transferred to the typical 5:1 Gold:XP cost?
    A95: It wouldn't focus you, but you could spend you Crystal's focus and regain it In the same round while maintaining your own

Q96: Requesting approval for Dread Lich https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...lich-cr-1-or-3
    A96: Approved, CR+4

Q97: Once you make your choices are you planning on strictly pbp or would you consider having a channel here for more in depth character conversations?
    A97: I am planning on keeping communication open, here or dm on the forums

Q98: since some 3pp templates were requested requesting fire souled (cr+1) https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters...resouled.shtml
    A98: An interesting choice for a villian, but I'm sure you can make it work, Approved

Q99 Does the server explode if we hit 100 questions?
    A99: Evidently not, we will try again at 200

Q100 Is Legendary Shifters and Kineticists on the table?
    A100: Dont have access to that material, but sure, we have already approved 4 if the legendary classes

Q101 Is High Psionics in play (i.e. Soulknives gain access to Gifted Blade for free)?
    A101: Alright, go for it

Q102 - Reference the 'Alchemical Creation' talent here (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/creation#toc5) I was wondering if I could have an advanced talent alongside my Craft Technological Item feat to make Technological items with the creation sphere in the same way, only I have to spend 3 spell points to do so. I.e. I'd keep the rules about the max cost (around 3750) which prevents me from making many of the powerful items like weapons, who have prices in the 10-100,000 range usually!
    A102a: Approved

Q102b How does crafting work in this game? Do we get everything we craft at the crafted cost, or do we follow the rules listed in "Adjusting Wealth By Level" which states that you only get 1.25 x WBL for a crafting feat, or 1.5 x WBL for 2 or more crafting feats?
    A102b: You get it at the craft cost

Q103: can I take Divine Metamagic if I don't use persist cheese?
    A103: Sure

Q104: The Chameleon (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?p...d/iw/20041210b) requires the Able Learner feat - which does nothing in Pathfinder's skill system. Is that feat removed from the requirements, replaced with something else (and if so, what), or kept as a feat tax?
    A104: Waive Able Learner, skill requirements for all 3.5 prestige classes are -3 ranks (minimum 1).

Q105: Are these templates approved?
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-3/
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-1/
    A105: Deadly prankster: dont know how this would fit in this game
    Fortune Blessed: Approved

Q106: Would you allow me to take this Cavalier Order?
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...order-of-luck/
    A106: again not fitting with the game

Q107 (or 102...): requesting the echo class http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/echo
    A107: I would prefer this was not used

Q108: What would be the CR adjustment on the Ghost template? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...mplates/ghost/
    A108: CR+4

Q109: Master of the Unseen Hand (a 3.5 PrC) has 'Concentration 8 ranks' as a pre-req. Since that isn't a skill in PF, would it be alright if I replaced it with 'Spellcraft 5 ranks'?
    A109: Yes

Q110: Would this be acceptable in lieu of my Warlord side? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-...hangel-hitter/. Swapping all the ‘good’ for ‘evil’ again.
    A110: No

Q111: I am looking for a low CR template that would grant undeath, was considering vampire. Then I saw https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...chic-template/ I am hopping it is still CR2 :) but checking
    A111: Approved

Q112: this is a little preemptive(ok, maybe a lot), but you mentioned that we might go Epic if the game lasts that long. What are we going to do for classes that don't have epic progressions, such as Dread Necromancer?
    A112: Abilities that have a discernible progression will advance, otherwise it will be feats and bonus feats

Q113: Ravener gives me a thing called a "Soul Ward" which is effectively extra HP that can range from 0 to twice my HD. This HP is lost last, and changes my innate spellcasting; rather than using spell slots as normal, I sacrifice HP from this soul ward equal to the level of the spell I'm casting. My question is: what value does it start at? The template says it starts at half full when the ravener is created, do we want to put it there? Is it full? Do you want me to roll 5d8 and use that value?
    Q113: We can assume you have it full at game start

Q114: Sardorian golems have an awesome Magic immunity. http://archive.wizards.com/default.a.../psb/20040123c per Magic-Psionic transparency I assume it is transformed into infinite SR like most golems. Is my assumption correct?
    A114: We won't worry about it because we aren't using them

Q115: if we get into epic, how open are you to epic spellcrafting? As detailed in the PF epic handbook
    A116 (115?): Possible, but expect alot of nope, also limited time to craft in between adventures

Q116- For the Radiant Dawn Martial Discipline (found here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/ra...ial-discipline ), it doesn't say whether the healing the maneuvers can do is done by positive energy or not. Can I just leave it untyped, or treat it as negative energy when beneficial?
    A116: Choose a type and stick with it, rename and refluff for negative energy

Q117- If I have levels of Totemist and levels in a veilweaving class, do I stack the binds. essence and soulmelds/veils shaped per day?
    A117: They do not stack

Q118: we've talked about the weirdness with my hivemind, and how you'd handle some stuff like spell list. Am I building it, or do you want to build the whole thing?
    A119 (118?): You build it, I'll tweak

Q119- For a Trompe L'oeil ( https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...e-l-oeil-cr-1/ ), I get a +4 enhancement to my armor, it also lets me use it as equivalent armor abilities. How do you want to handle it? Do I just buy a normal armor and add +4 to it for free, or can I buy a specific armor (Like Demon Plate for example) and add it to that in abilities?
    A119 The former

Q120: With a synthesist summoner, do Inherent bonuses apply to the eidolon's physical ability scores as well, or do I need to buy those separately?
    A120: Separate

Q121: When tomes and manuals intersect with abilities that give crafting discounts (Hedge Magician, Spark of Creation, Magical Artisan, Extraordinary Artisan, et cetera), do the material components built into the costs of the tomes and manuals also end up discounted?
    A121: Yes? The feat applies to the tome, the time's effect doesnt apply until after it is completed

Q122: can I start with specific undead under my control, and what would their cost be?
    A122: Depends on the creation method, if you want something exotic, it would be an rp sidequest

Q123- Can an Antipaladin be LE without taking an archetype that allows him to be?
    A123: Yes, I would like a code of conduct though

Q124 - Alchemical/explody Weapons plus Telekinesis. Ok, so say I use my TK to throw alchemists fire at someone as a bludgeon. AS a bludgeon, it would, as a presumably diminutive item, deal 1d2+Int Damage to the target. As Alchemists fire it would deal 1d6 damage, and set them on fire. Do both occur basically seperately?
    A124: separately

Q125 - Given that my current application has basically gone up in flames following what I mentioned in the discussion thread, I would like to request a new build. Specifically, I would like to play a Kirthfinder Barbarian. Because the Kirthfinder system is a bit stronger than the Pathfinder system it was based on, I am requesting that I play this build single-classed in order to compensate. For reference: Kirthfinder Barbarian: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18P...NpvEeu48s4nNUf The rest of Kirthfinder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...9O?usp=sharing
    A125: No to the Kithfinder

Q126: if I get bracers of armor, can I apply the enhancement bonus from ABP to them?
    A126: Nope

Q127: Requesting 3rd party spell Spectres (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...ames/spectres/) and the associated line (Shadow Necromancy https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...ow-necromancy/, and it's Greater https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...mancy-greater/ and Lesser https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...omancy-lesser/ cousins)
    A127 (Jack_Simth): This is starting to ugly, but Approved

Q128: Requestiong 3rd party spell Shadow Terrain: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...hadow-terrain/ and the associated Shadow Structure spell from which it inherts some mechanics (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-p...dow-structure/)
    A128: Approved

Q128: No idea if this has already been asked about or not, but...the 3.0 supplement "Arms & Equipment Guide" introduced guidelines for building feats into items, which come up sparingly throughout 3.0 and 3.5 material. Are these rules on the table or no?
    A128: No

Q129: I know many other classes have something like this, but I can't find a feat like "Extra Vigilante Talent" anywhere. Can one exist for our purposes?
    A129: Yes

Q130: Circlet Of Persuasion gives +3 competence to all Cha-based skills. Could I change that to Wis-based skills? It still won't stack with other magic item bonuses since they're all competence, it's just gonna be supporting my professions
    (obvious new name: circlet of professionalism)
    A130 Allowed

Q131: I preface this question admitting it's a very silly question. Okay, so there's a very small number of bonuses that are allowed to stack with each other (racial, dodge, circumstance, and untyped to my knowledge). However, even for these, if the source of the bonus is considered "the same", they can't stack. So if a spell gives a +5 untyped to initiative, you can't have two people cast it on you for +10. So, the question: Sniper Goggles give a circumstance bonus to damage on Sneak Attacks made within 30 ft, while Greater Sniper Goggles give a circumstance bonus to damage on Sneak Attacks made at any distance. Could I stack these as long as I paid for both items properly?
    A131: Technically allowable since circumstance bonuses stack. Has to be a combined item since both use the same slot. Lesser bonus only applies within 30 feet

Q132: Vampire Lord? http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...d/mm/20021018a I had assumed it's 3.5, but it may be 3.0
    A132: Approved

Q133: I'm assuming that with the ability to dominate pretty much everything I see at will, hoards of vampiric minions also directly dominated and the backing of vecna, I can just sort of assume I have a couple hundred mortals waiting around at my base (probably a demiplane) for feeding purposes? To work at it's maximum power, the eldest needs to drain, like, 30 con a day, minimum.
    A133: It can be assumed you have a ready supply of donors

Q134: What would be the CR adjustment on the Mist template? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-1/
    A134: CR+2

Q135: Would you allow the Splitting Enhancement to work on firearms, as opposed to just bows and crossbows? https://www.realmshelps.net/magic/weapon/Splitting
    A136: Yes

Q135: Could the Ghostly Reload Spell be allowed to work on firearms?
    https://dndtools.net/spells/races-of...-reload--3105/
    A135: Yes

Q136 Does the "Maximum Value" referred to in the Alchemical Creation Sphere refer to Market Price or Crafting Cost?
    A136: Market

Q137: If there is a 3.5 feat with the same name, but completely different effect, as a pathfinder feat, how would that work out?
    I'm looking at Persistent Spell, but I'm sure there are other cases
    A137: Use the Pathfinder version

Q138: is the leadership sphere available https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.mkftb347zrkd
    A138: Not at this time

Q139: how does irradiating an area play with metamagic (i.e. can I maximize the spell to deal max con damage? I doubt it, but I'd rather check) and how does it interact with constitution drain for the purposes of adding to a Lifedrinker's Lifewell?
    A139: what spell?

C140: Would you accept a actually con based 'Palm' submission? [Other thoughts just aren't just gelling]. Thee core would be PF's kineticist.
    A140: Nope

Q141: Now I’m lost on the templates. Can you clarify?
    A141: What is your confusion?

Q142: How are we treating variant monster abilities?
    A142: Discussed, you can choose

Q143: Does Hive Network (The gravecrawler may use hive workers, swarm powers, Mind, and Death sphere effects on any creature with an implanted drone regardless of distance or line of effect.) allow me to apply Discorporation (As a standard action, the gravecrawler can discorporate into a mass of writhing insects, functioning as the Swarm Transformation Alteration talent with caster level equal to your class level (or caster level for the Death sphere, whichever is higher) and lasting for 1 minute with no concentration needed. The distraction ability’s DC is equal to your swarm power’s DC. You gain the Divided Self trait, but you may not select other traits. You may spend a move action to end this effect early. You may spend 2 spell points to use this ability as an immediate action.) to things that have my buddies wrangling inside them?
    A143: No, you cannot dis corporate your vermin allies, only yourself

Q144- When granted bonus feats that have been removed by the Feat Tax subrules, can we pick feats to replace them?
    A144: sure

Q145: Would it be possible to get a ring of nine lives, as per magic of faerun, which would cast harm instead of heal?

Q146: I realize this is late to ask, but would it be possible for my Eternal Warrior capstone feature to be used in 1 minute increments, instead of a one and done 5 min/day type deal? The ability itself does not specify.

Q147: do characters with Rebuke Undead from a 3.5 class work as though they have Pathfinder's command undead feat, or do they function as normal?
    A147: As Pathfinder

Q147b: if the former, do items that increase effective cleric level for rebuking also increase effective cleric level for the save DC?

Q148: "Check with your GM for relevant things in the campaign to have opinions about."
    A148: Disregard

Q149: I've got an animal companion, and I want to apply one of it's ability increases (worded "The animal companion adds +1 to any one of its ability scores.") to Int. Intelligence has a clause: "Animals have Intelligence scores of 1 or 2 (no creature with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher can be an animal)." - does this mean the animal companion changes type (and if so, to what? Magical beast?), or that I can't apply the ability increase to intelligence? References: Intelligence: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-abil...elligence-Int- Animal Companions: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...al-companions/
    A149: Can add int, stays an animal, I believe you get expanded skill selection

Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

Thank you all for your hard work and submissions, I am closing recruitment tomorrow at Midnight (EST), to begin review and selection. Good luck!

10. - Top - End - #250

Okay. Finally done with my Submission.

Introducing Cassandra. A Dual-Role Submission who can flex between the Beast (as an Archer) and the Artificer with ease. Using both Strength and Intellignece in order to empower herself and get the job done. And being quite the talented and skilled item crafter as well!

Spoiler: Questionare
    Show
    The Big Questionaire

Concept

What emotion best describes your character?

Tranquil Fury. As a Bloodrager, many would expect Cassandra to be an angry, aggressive individual. But, she is not. She is far, far worse. She is cold, focused, and utterly, utterly ruthless.

What emotion does your character evoke in others?

Curt and blunt, Cassandra does not make friends with others. She does make allies, however, and is intelligent enough to understand the practicality of them. Once she has given her word, she will follow through on it, so she is trustworthy. At least to the extent of keeping to the letter of her word. She isn’t above going against the spirit of her promise if servers her purposes.

Whilst foes can come to fear her, they can potentially respect her as well. Cassandra does not see the need for needless slaughter, nor does she enjoy inflicting pain on her enemies. She is ruthless and willing to use any strategy to win, yes. But she prefers to be quick and efficient, with minimal collateral damage. This includes using the honour of champions of good against them. Promising them the lives of civilians or their friends and family if they fight her directly, or give up what she desires.

What does your character need most?

Absolution. Cassandra has walked her path for a very, very long time. Her hands are stained in the blood of millions. She has corrupted and tortured and betrayed many... just as she has been corrupted and tortured and betrayed by many as well. She needs to know that everything she has done. Everything she has struggled to achieve and accomplish was not for nothing.

What is your character’s goal in life?

To bring balance to the multiverse. Law. Chaos. Good. Evil. As long as both exist in extremist, the multiverse will be embroiled in conflict and death. If one was to be made triumph over the others. If there was no many Gods, but One God, ruling over the multiverse, all powerful and untouchable. Then, the multiverse will be balanced, and peace shall come to the cosmos.

How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished?

She is no god, and does not desire to be. She could try to become one, to walk the path of godhood and become the one single god... but doing so would give her many, many enemies. It is better to align herself with a god that wishes to become the only god. To lend them their strength and services, so that they may accomplish their mutual goal. And Vecana, once a mortal, now a god, seemed to be the perfect choice. The clear God who had the drive and ambition needed to accomplish their mutual goal.

Background

Where did your character come from?

Cassandra was born to fight.

She does not remember the name of the place that she lived in, nor does she remember where about it was in the multiverse. It does not matter. She does not know the name of her parents, though she knows she never met them. She does not recall the name of her guardians, no her teachers, though she remembers their sternness, their harsh discipline, and their endless, endless lessons. She does not remember the names, nor the faces of her siblings. Her peers. She never knew if any of them were related to her by blood or not, and it did not matter. All that did matter was that they trained to fight each other. To struggle, to compete, and to overcome. That the strongest and smartest and toughest would rise to the cream of the crop, whilst those that didn’t have the strength, or the smarts, or the drive to do what was necessary, would fall to the bottom.

As long as you did not ruin someone’s ability to fight. It didn’t matter what you did to them in order to win. And Cassandra learned at an early age, that excelling yourself from your peers simply painted a target on your back. The higher you pulled yourself above the rest, the more people would band together in order to drag you down... and once they had done so, they would start fighting and squabbling against one another about who should take their place. The best way to live unharassed was to stay within the middle of the pack. High enough so that you were not a runt to be bullied or tormented, but low enough so that the squabbling for those at the top would overlook you, even if you ended up being amongst those who lead to their downfall.

And that is why she survived, where the others did not.

When the training came to its conclusion, and they were tested on the field of battle. She did not falter like the runts, failing and being slain due to their weakness. She did not challenge herself to accomplish a goal that she could not achieve in a needless attempt for useless glory. She did what was asked of her, and no more. When they were finally allowed to serve the Emperor they had been devoting themselves to their entire lives. She did not stand out in his eyes. Simply doing what was necessary, and nothing more. Efficient, yes. But not as fast or as silent or as brutal as her siblings were. Nothing to make herself a target. Nothing to make herself an enemy. Nothing to earn a sip of poison in a cup, or a dagger in their back. And when the Empire fell. When its greed and corruption grew too much to bear. As banner’s raised up, and allies from foreign kingdoms came with the power of ‘Good’ and ‘Justice’ on their side. Cassandra balanced the need to complete her missions, with the need that the Emperor had for one of her talents. As well as balancing the damage she inflicted upon those she hunted and fought against, with the mercy and honour she granted them. So that when the Emperor was vanquished. She, off all of her siblings and teachers that remained, was allowed to walk free, whilst the others were imprisoned or executed for their crimes.

Cassandra was taught to fight.

She taught herself how to survive.

And she was shown that ‘Good’ sheds blood as freely as ‘Evil’.

What values does your character hold?

Cassandra values peace above all else.

Whilst she can and will use violence to get what she desires. Cassandra despises it with every fibre of her being and prefers to use any other option when possible. Those who see violence as the only means possible of getting their desires to get Cassandra’s pity, for their ignorance and stupidity knows no bounds. Those who love and revel in violence, those who seek it out for the sheer joy of brutality and pain, however. She loathes and is disgusted by them more than anyone else, and wishes to have absolutely nothing to do with them where possible.

Cassandra also believes it is important to respect people who are strong.

Not people who are powerful mind you. Not beings that are born with supreme power, such as an angel or a dragon or even sorcerers, whose power comes from their blood. Nor those that are granted power’s from beings that are far their superior. Clerics, Oracles, Paladins, Inquisitors. She has no respect from people who do not take on the world with their own strength. Especially those who summon others to do their bidding for them. No, what she respects is people who can stand up to those beings. People who are equal to angels and dragons and titans, and have earned that strength through training and practice. Fighters, Rogues, Wizards, Monks, Gunslingers... those are the type of people she can respect. Sure, they might not be as strong or powerful as her. They might be her foe, and might wish to see her dead for her desires. But she can respect their strength and will regardless, and see’s no purpose in dismissing or mocking those who you have vanquished. Especially if your strength and power is not entirely your own.

Finally. Cassandra believes it is important to be honest. Not with others. But to yourself.

If you are not true to yourself. If you are not true to your desires and honest about what you want. How can others respect you? You might not choose to act on those desires. You might decide that one desire is stronger and more important than the other. But if you are not honest about those desires, if you are not honest about what you want and who you are. How can others respect you? They can’t, all they respect is what you allow them to see. A shallow mask that you wear to hide what you truly are. How can you be at peace with yourself, how can you be able and content in life, if no one respects you for being you? And how long can you live like that, before it all comes crumbling down?

How does your character dress?

Thanks to Cassandra’ Shadow Stash, she does not need to wear any armour, no matter the situation. Because of this, she typically goes round in a very simple and practical set-up off a top and trousers. The colours tend to be brown or grey, typical peasant clothing, making it easier for her to blend in with the crowd and be overlooked by others. She actively tries to avoid standing out, though she takes no steps to actively disguise herself either. She doesn’t wear any jewellery or decorative articles of clothing unless absolutely necessary and prefers not to carry a sign or signal of whatever allegiance she currently has at this moment in order to avoid getting into trouble with others who might be a potential foe. Her footwear tends to be simple and rugged as well. Comfort is not a large concern, just making sure that the footwear would actually last no matter what she did with them. Cassandra makes sure that the shoes are in good repair when possible and does clean them from time to time, but almost never bothers with polish or anything similar.

What are your character’s means?

Cassandra has a very small set of tools. But is very efficient and flexible in using them.

Thanks to her talent and abilities with teleportation, mobility of all sorts, including the movement of objects, both large and delicate, is an easy task for her to accomplish. This, combined with several of the magical items she has picked up and created over the years, gives her several means to subvert or bypass puzzles and riddles that she comes across. Travel time, of course, it not even an issue at all. Whenever it be across the span of an entire world, or across the different cosmo’s themselves.

However, Cassandra was born and raised to fight... and whilst she does not like to admit it. Violence is her greatest and strongest means of getting what she wants. Her skills with persuasion are rather limited and tend to fall flat due to her blunt attitude. She can scare others into submission or compliance but often finds this coming to bite her in the back later on. It is typically much easier to simply eliminate a group that gets in her way, then try to convince them that they have mutual goals and should work together. Or at the very least, eliminate several members of the group first, and then try to reason with them after she has made an example of them, and put them in a position where refusal would be... unwise.

Details

What are your character’s personal tastes?

Cassandra loves nature, in all of its forms.

Cassandra loves flowers.

Call it what you will. Foolish. Simple. Romantic. Cassandra doesn’t care. Cassandra holds a deep love for flowers and deeply respects people who are able to cultivate and care for them. She loves the smell of them, walking up and taking a deep breath of their natural perfume. She looks the feel of them against her fingers. Soft and delicate, yet with a subtle strength to them as well. And she loves the wide variety of colours and shapes that can be found amongst them as well.

Cassandra loves scenes of nature

She loves seeing waterfalls roaring over cliffs in order to crash down into a small lake. She loves standing alone, looking out and admiring the tall, towering mountains, untouched by all. She loves the role of the waves against a pristine white beach. She loves nature for all of its strength and majesty. For all of its silent power and how, no matter how much blood is shed, how many lives are lost, and how much destruction is wrought. Nature will be there. It will recover. It will heal. And it will continue on anew. It is there at the start of the world, and it shall last until its very end.

Cassandra loves the creatures of nature.

From the small, hardworking ants. Busy with their small, insignificant lives. Caring not for the giants that stepped over them day after day, only their own survival and the survival of their colony. To the great and majestic beasts whose sheer size left even Cassandra in awe. Beasts that were the king, no, the gods of their own domains. Threatened by nothing else save for others of their kind. Beasts so powerful and strong that even creatures such as man, with their numbers, weapons and magic, fear and respect them, and prefer to leave them alone rather than risk their wrath. She loved all of them. Regardless of the violence, they inflict on one another... as Cassandra knew that such violence, was only done for their survival and the survival of their families, rather than greed or a desire to inflict pain.

Despite this, however. Cassandra does not hate civilization. She is an alchemist, an artificer and a weapon-user. She understands the benefits of civilization very well, and even at times can come to enjoy them. Yet, there are certain aspects of civilization. Certain parts of society, especially those that tend to be repeated again and again, that she kinds herself utterly disgusted with, and can easily say she hates with her entire being.

Drugs are the first that comes to mind. With alcohol being the most common of these. She hates the taste of alcohol. She hates the smell of alcohol. And she hates the effects of alcohol. How people can actually enjoy a lot of their senses and their mind is utterly beyond her, and those who drink deeply and often are held in disdain by her. The violence that alcohol often introduces into society as well, is further reason for why Cassandra has no fondness for the drink. That being said Cassandra can respect the people who are struggling against their addiction to the bottle, as they at least know that it is wrong, but the cravings of their body are hard to ignore.

Sex is another part of society that Cassandra finds distasteful. Or, not sex itself per se. But the focus and fixation on sex that people can show. Cassandra hates the addiction and fixation of sex for the same reasons that she hates alcohol. Through instead of sex inducing a more brutal, more violent society, it is instead a corruption of nature and majesty. Transforming what should be something majestic and natural, something to be celebrated and enjoyed between lovers and mates. Into a commodity that can be brought and sold at a whim. A fleeting, mindless pleasure. Doing nothing to unite the people involved as it should. Simply an abuse of power, and a brief high that would soon fade, and require another ‘hit’, just like any other drug.

She also hates the concept of a pet, especially an exotic pet. A creature like a dog, a horse, or a cat. Isn’t so much a pet, as it is a working animal. The family and owner might love and care for the animal yes. But the creature gives something back. A dog can help a hunter, or alert them of intruders. A horse can help plough a field, or help a messenger move from town to town. A cat helps keep the farmer’s crops free of vermin. Pets that do not offer a practical value, however. Creatures that exist only to look pretty or in the case of birds, have a pretty song. Kept up in a small space that is far inferior to the freedom they are meant to have, make Cassandra sick. Sure, they might live a longer life because of it... but how enjoyable is that live? Can it really say that it lived at all, when it did nothing, and does nothing, but sit around but look pretty. Not even allowed to breed? The beauty of nature. Brought and sold. There’s little Cassandra hates more than that.

What are your character’s opinions?

Cassandra has no respect for Gods and their priests. In her mind. People shouldn’t look for these vague beings that may or may not help them for their salvation. But they should turn to themselves. Their own strength. Their own skill and talents. To make themselves strong, and foster the abilities they have. Rather than relying on beings and powers that do not belong to themselves, and could theoretically be taken away at any time.

She also holds a general disdain for the rich and powerful of the worlds for the same reason. Especially Royalty and Nobility. They didn’t do anything to earn the riches and influence that was given to them, simply born into it, and most of them are nothing compared to the ones who actually gave them such richness and influence. She is willing to admit she is wrong, if the royalty or nobility proves themselves to be an effective leader or fighter. But, that doesn’t mean that Cassandra thinks that titles should be passed down through family ties. That they should instead be earned by whoever is best for the job.

That isn’t to say she has respect for poor people, either. She finds the common labour to be lazy and cowardly. Unwilling to commit themselves to make a better life. No, she respects the merchants and craftsmen of the world. People who learn a skill or talent, and use that skill or talent as best they can in order to give them a good life. It might not be the greatest or richest life in the world. But it is a good one nonethless, and she can respect them for it.

What is your character’s comfort zone?

Anywhere far from civilization. If she cannot get away from civilization, she prefers to lock herself away in her workshop, busying herself with alchemical or magical creations and tools to help her in her purpose.

Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life?

The Nameless Emperor who she was born and raised to serve. However, this is not a positive impact, but a negative one. Unlike the other people of her childhood, Cassandra is more than happy to forget their name and face. Only recalling their personality, believes and actions. Whenever she is faced with a difficult decision, she tends to reflect on what the Nameless Emperor would do, and then acts directly against him. He was the height of corruption and decadence. A person who lived only for sex, alcholol and the sadistic violence of the blood sports they so loved to enjoy. And it is from them directly that Cassandra developed her distaste and dislike for so many different aspects of civilization as a whole.

What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks?

Despite being a person of violence first and foremost. Cassandra is actually a surprisingly knowledgable healer and is fascinated in learning how the body works. Not for any interest in learning how to damage it better, though she never denies that it is an advantage. But because Cassandra actually enjoys healing and helping others. Of seeing the damage inflicted by violence removed, and fostering the strength of a body to grow strong and sure.

Cassandra is also a surprisingly good dancer as well. Entirely self-taught, and she uses little of her dancing ability to aid her on the battlfield. She simply enjoys dancing. In part due to it being an expression of both physical prowess, tightly woven control, and a skill born out of hours of practice and experience. But also, because it is peaceful and free. It is a form of art, an art that hurts no one but the dancers themselves.

Finally. Despite being very skilled at making and crafting magical items. Cassandra has little skill in actually using them. Wands, scrolls, and other such items tend to escape her grasp. Other people are even able to emulate the race or class of other people in order to use a magical item not designed for them to be able to use. Which honestly baffles Cassandra, and she can’t understand how they do so.

How do you want your character to die?

Peacefully and content. Having put down their bow, and lived out the rest of their life on the outskirts of civilization. Happy that they accomplished their goal, and brought balance to the multiverse.

Campaign

For the role of Beast: Any many of creature or monster could be a hammer. A blunt force object to smash and destroy others. Cassandra however, has the same strength of them, or perhaps even greater at times, but is much more controlled in how she can use her force. Not to mention she offers much more than raw strength to the role. Why go for a hammer or a scalpel, when you can get a scalpel with the power of a hammer?

For the role of Artificer: What is superior. A master crafter who can churn out many wonderful, powerful magical items efficiently and quickly, but crumbles when placed into battle. Or a master crafter that whilst not quite as fast or efficient, is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield? One that can survive an assassination attempt, or plans going awry?

Peace. To bring peace to the multiverse, by bringing the balance that only a single god can do so.

Vecna requires a secret from you as a sign of Fealty, what secret did you offer Vecna?

Cassandra knows she has been a parent. That she gave birth to a child. But she does not know even know if they were a boy or a girl. Who their father was, and what has happened to them. All she knows is that she was a parent once, and that knowledge frightens her.

Space. Due to the fact that Cassandra is a talented teleporter, and is interested in increasing their power to warp space around them to their will, and be able to teleport more people, or even larger objects than she currently can.

To become the sole god of the multiverse, and rule over it unopposed.

Do you trust Vecna?

Yes.

It does not matter to Cassandra. As long as balance is restored to the multiverse.

To become the only god in the multiverse, and rule over it all.

For Vecna to deliver their promise, and bring peace to the multiverse.

As the Beast, Cassandra would hold great respect for the Artificer of the team. Admiring their skill and ability in creating powerful magical items. As the Artificer, she would likely respect the Beast for their strength and skill. Even if in both roles, Cassandra would privately think herself to be their superior, or strive to become their superior, despite already being given a roll.

In either role, Cassandra would be opposed to the Necromancer. Finding them to be lazy and weak. Relying on the strength of their minions and creations, rather than their own strengths.

Cassandra does not despise Heros. She despises Anti-Heros. People who are apparently on the side of Good and Justice, but love violence, and seek out bloody vengeance instead of a more peaceful path.

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone?

Cassandra would give herself up entirely if necessary. She would give up the strength she has to fight as well as she can, the talent and skill in crafting she had cultivated over the years, her ability to bend space around her to move others as she desires... any combinations of the above, including all three. Or, her life. Her entire life, if necessary to do so.

Her flexibility. She isn’t just an archer. Though she is an almighty archer. She isn’t just a fighter. Though she is skilled with many weapons. She isn’t just a crafter. Through she can create items of magic and alchemy both. She isn’t just a teleporter, though she can teleport an entire squad of people through the cosmos, and arrive exactly at their intended destination. She is all of the above, and more.

Cassandra is too practical for a Signature Move. It makes you predictable, and predictable makes you defeatable. Though she may still develop one in the future.

Anti-Magic. Cassandra relies significantly on her magic powers. Either directly, or indirectly through her magical items. Strip them away from her, deny her access to her Shadow Stash, and whilst still a strong fighter, she is greatly weakened.

To give Vecna the stones, only to find out that he has no desire to bring peace to the multiverse. Instead, he simply brings even more violence and bloodshed to the multiverse.

Anti-Magic for one, as previously stated. Then they can likely be killed through mundane means, through their health and fast-healing would make it difficult to do so. They also have little direct defence against Ability Damage, so it is possible for them to be crippled or outright killed by bringing their ability scores down to nothing.

Permanent destruction of nature. Likely through a dark, necromantic ritual, that drains life of the land, defiling it. The destruction of an entire world would likely be met with a ruthless and brutal response as well.

If your character could go back to any time, any place, where would they go?

They would find what happened to their child. Who they were, what they were like, and who their father was... and why Cassandra forgot them.

Iron Man and Hawkeye. Hawkeye is likely obvious as to why. Archer vs Archer in order to see who is the better archer. Iron Man because Tony Stark is a self-made man. All of the technology and gadgets of the Iron Man suit was designed and upgraded by himself. He fights alongside being’s that are close to gods, and got there through nothing more than his own wit and will. If any Avenger is Cassandra’s worthy opponent. It is Tony Stark.

Black Widow. Her story is... too much like Cassandra’s, for her to feel comfortable fighting her.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Presenting Depraysie Finch, Ambitious Dark Knight

Spoiler: Questionnaire
    Show

Concept

Imposing. Depraysie is a very intimidating sight. Between his full plate armor, draconic features, claws and whipping tail of glowing red, he enjoys making enemies afraid of him.

Fright. Depraysie tends to intimidate most people, due to his habit of never removing his armor. There's also a subtle uncanny valley effect in play, as a Trompe L'oiel. His face is perfect. Too perfect.

Entertainment. Immortality is boring when you are well-protected and powerful. Depraysie's prefered place is directing a fight of some kind, making him an excellent choice as Vecna's Thumb.

To both keep himself amused for eternity, and find another immortality more fitting than his current. Something more invincible, more able to feel life and experience life's enjoyments.

If anyone will have an ascension ritual that would suit Finch, Vecna will. After all, a god of Secrets will definitely have it if someone invented one….

Background

Where did your character come from? Consider your character’s initial roots, before he or she was a teenager. These times are what shape your character the most. Who were your parents? Where did you live? What was your family’s economic and social status? How were you educated? What were the three most important lessons you learned?
    When did you grow up? Everyone begins taking responsibility for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when your character started taking care of him- or herself.

Depraysie Finch was born in Kaer Maga, the bastard of a whore. When Depraysie was still small, she was beaten to death by a customer. When he found his mother dead, Depraysie took a long look at the squalor and fled with his knife. That was the night he grew up.

His concerns were twofold, money for food and revenge on the john…

Much of his past is rumors, although there are a few confirmed news snippets concerning him:

-He was seen in Sandpoint, during the return of Karzoug. After purchasing the location of the Runeforge from the village's elders (since the heroes were off beating Karzoug's brain into his shoes), Finch set off to see what was left of it. While he managed to follow the trail of broken bodies that the heroes had left behind to their source, he was unable to filch much from the ruined demiplane. Instead, he started renovating one of the wings for his personal use, specifically the Abjurent Halls of Envy (since they were already destroyed). Using the demiplane's traits to keep him comfortable between jaunts was ideal, since it eliminated most of what he could do without about life, namely the needs of air, water, food, and sleep.

Some say that's when the madness took him. After all, without sleep, anyone goes a little mad….

-Some time thereafter, he undertook an expedition to the Isle of Terror. Specifically, he hired two boats to go there, and only one returned, with himself the only sailor aboard. Noone knows what happened to the rest of the two crews, and he hasn't told anyone either.

-When the island of Xin rose from the depths, after the Sihedron Heroes defeated the arisen Xin, Finch managed to fasttalk his way onto the island and loot it to the bedrock. He is very proud of his Ghost Iron Scimitar souvenir, and always lets it dance first before tearing into the enemy himself.

Power (Without it, noone has any effect on anyone else.)
    Obedience (Natural result of having beings with lots of power.)
    Fear (Everyone is afraid of something. Know that something, know the person beyond his available information.)

Freedom (You are only as free as others will let you be, pick your price and pay it.)
    Mercy (The powerful do what they like. If you die, it's because I want you to.)
    Death (Anything less than infinity is the domain of those who believe in boundaries.)

How does your character dress? Start generally with an overall statement of the quality of your character’s appearance, such as projected social status, trade, common activities, or how groomed or slovenly your character is. Begin to hone in on telling details, especially those things that most people take for granted. How exactly does your character style his or her hair? What decorative articles does your character wear, such as jewelry, decorated buttons or buckles, a belt, gloves, etc.? One especially telling detail is footwear. Describe in detail what your character wears on his or her feet, including cut, tightness or looseness, heel height, sole hardness or softness, lacing/buckling/tying or lack thereof, toe shape (square, round, pointed…?), color, material, shininess, cleanliness, repair or disrepair, and any other details you can think of.

Depraysie's sense of style is very polarized. He dresses in black clothing, with black platemail over it. He disdains the usual fripperies of embellishment, preferring to highlight the scars and dents in it with melted gold. It lends him the air of a broken clay knight that's been glued back together, although he could tell you the story behind every last crack and dent.

He disdains cheap replacements. If someone ever actually sundered his armor off his painted form, he would wear normal peasant's clothes until he could afford to replace the plate wholecloth.

68 thousand in gold pieces can speak loudly when it needs to. Depraysie doesn't need much nowadays, so he keeps a healthy nest egg for emergencies.

Details

Expensive whiskey.
    Chelish opera.
    Silk on his fingertips only.

Hates the following:
    Cats. All cats.
    Cheap whiskey.
    The color yellow.

Rich people exist solely to pay Depraysie, or curry favor with him.
    Poor people are just lazy. Depraysie grew up poor on the streets, and look at him now....
    Sarenrae worshippers are sanctimonious prigs. (Doesn't help that as a huanted construct, they view him as an abomination.)

Setting a fire, or watching a match burn calms Depraysie. He takes a twisted enjoyment of it and his immunity to it. "I've died to it once. Never again."

Tar-Barphon, the Whispering Tyrant has had the biggest impact on Depraysie. After all, his booby trap for looters is what killed Finch, so there is a lot of feelings in play there.

Depraysie can sing (off-key) every Chelish opera he's ever heard. He hates most other forms of music.
    Depraysie hates being cold now, more than most other things. Wet is a close second.
    Depraysie also enjoys fine whiskey. Not because of the price, but because it just tastes better than the swill he grew up with.

Bloody and violent, similar to V in V For Vendetta.

Campaign

What makes you worthy of your Role? Depraysie excels at small unit warfare. He's broken sieges with 2 other people, routed armies with 4, and toppled nations with 5. Vecna's offer is both an ability to wage war on an almost unparalleled scale, and actual recreation.

What did Vecna offer you to join the Hand? Actual immortality. Power too, but mostly immortality he can enjoy.

Vecna requires a secret from you as a sign of Fealty, what secret did you offer Vecna? (You can PM this if you want it confidential) Depraysie has been dead for quite some time. The being known as Depraysie is actually a Trompe L'oiel of Depraysie, haunted by Depraysie's ghost. He tends to kill anyone who discovers this, though.

Which of the Infinity Gems (Power, Time, Space, Mind, Heart, Soul) do you feel most connected to? Why? Time. Control of Time means infinite lifespan.

What do you think Vecna will do with the Stones? Don't know, don't care. Depraysie's bargain doesn't cover whatever Vecna plans, merely what he gets out of it.

Do you trust Vecna? Only as far as the bargain goes, but since the bargain also includes not harming the other in any way after (as per a typical non-agression pact), until Vecna breaks the pact, Finch will assume he intends to honor it.

Who is more worthy to wield the Stones, you, one of your allies, or Vecna? Finch by far, but the bargain precludes him attempting to take the stones for himself.

What would YOU do with the Stones. Eternal Youth, Infinite Power, and Unlimited Rice Pudding. Beyond that, whatever his whims describe for him.

What should your reward be for recovering the Stones? The Bargain is for a form of animate immortality that also gives him the benefits of being human and alive, while not having to worry about aging, death, or imprisonment.

Which of the other Roles do you feel closest to? Which of the other Roles do you feel most opposed to? The Necromancer, because they both share a tactical mind. The Beast, for his tenuous grasp of tactics and his nonchalance towards the idea of strategy.

Are there any Heroes that you despise, or whom have stood against you in the past? Depraysie generally avoids confrontation. It's hard not to die if you pick fights with motivated people.

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. It is a sacrifice that cannot be undone or taken back. It must be a worthy sacrifice, otherwise you are destroyed with no gain. It must be either a self-sacrifice that will effectively cripple your character (give up your power), or you must sacrifice someone or something that is truly of central value to the character (a beloved child, your race (that you value and love), the love one, or the memory of a loved one that you have been trying to raise, etc). What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone? Depraysie, if he had to, would put his painting on the altar of the Soul Stone, thus giving up both his current immortality and negative energy affinity.

What is your character’s greatest strength? Small team tactics, by far. What Depraysie can do with only 5 people, himself included, is the stuff of legends.

What is your character's signature move? Stacking temp HP onto his entire team, using Judgement Day if anyone 'dies', using Tyrant's End and Divide and Conquer to enable 1 round killing.

What is your character’s greatest weakness? Depraysie has always been a coward. To his mind, there is no higher, more lofty goal than his own survival.

What is your character's greatest fear? Dying.

What can kill your character? A lot of things, really. If anyone actually destroyed his home painting, he dies.

What wouldn’t your character do to further your goals? There is no limit to the people he would kill to survive himself.

If you character could go back to any time, any place, where would they go? He would go back to the time he went to the City of Golden Death and prevent himself from going in. Preventing his own death by molten gold would be nice.

Which of the Avengers would you like to fight, why? Captain America. Close combat is one of the many areas Depraysie excels. Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Iron Man are close runners up.

Which of the Avengers would you not like to fight, why? Hulk. Too much strength, no real way to handle the obvious threat of being treated like a Loki knockoff.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Halfling in the Playground

Selections have been made. I would like to thank you all for your hard work, there were many quality submissions and choosing was expectedly difficult.

Without further ado:

Slot#1, Forefinger, BEAST, Obligatum, 3SecondCultist
    Slot#2, Littlefinger, INFlLTRATOR, Umbra, Paradox26
    Slot#3, Middle Finger, NECROMANCER, Kaegromaekrix, Stevesciguy
    Slot#4, Thumb, DARK KNIGHT, Samael, Lioslaith
    Slot#5, Ringfinger, ARTIFICER, The Acolyte, Genth (Surprise)

OOC is HERE

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations to those who made it in.

14. - Top - End - #254

Chimera

Congrats all! I didn't apply but just wanted to chime in that "Hand of Vecna" is a better group name than what Thanos (or Jonathan Hickman, if you like) actually came up with.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

15. - Top - End - #255

Congrats everyone, have fun!
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

Experiencing some flare up of health issues. Posting status could be slowed