Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Plane(t)-hopping Villain Group (PF, High Level, Thanos-Inspired)

I think we have enough people that all roles have been picked, so take what you want and everyone will have to compete. I havenít played a rogue build in a while, though, so will probably stick with the infiltrator. Maybe an apostle kyton template, if those are allowed. Has the right flavour.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2019-05-06 at 10:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Already bags artificer just FYI :p
    On the one hand, it's what interests me the most. On the other hand, I don't see competing with the OP going well for me. I guess I could break out my master of disguise...
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    On the one hand, it's what interests me the most. On the other hand, I don't see competing with the OP going well for me. I guess I could break out my master of disguise...
    Yeah. Its not terribly fair, but thats how the DM has decided to do it :/ I really wanna play the Acolyte though and he fits in with a deity of knowledge so well its not funny.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Yeah. Its not terribly fair, but thats how the DM has decided to do it :/ I really wanna play the Acolyte though and he fits in with a deity of knowledge so well its not funny.
    Just part of how pbp goes. Don't want too big a group, don't want too much overlap, and with so many applicants somebody's gonna be hitting the cutting room floor.

EDIT: Of course, it would help a bit if there was like, a Palm Of Vecna tied to Constitution
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-05-06 at 10:36 PM.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now more interested in the Dark Knight than ever. Looking forward to the 16 and here's hoping what I have in mind will work.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have come up with an intriguing and suitable background idea and concept for my Infiltrator character. Once I see the 16 I will be able to decide how to mechnically build it. Also, a question which isn't strictly in the 16, but which will be very relevant, is what optimisation level are we looking at?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Be the palm. See the palm
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

"The Hand of VecnaĒ"

While it is true that Kas the Betrayer, treacherous lieutenant of our Dread Lord Vecna did sever the Dark Masterís Hand, it is also true the Whispered One took his maimed hand and used it to imbue a mighty host of Vile Apostles. Known as the Hand of Vecna, these fiends served the Maimed God without question, carrying out his will. With his Hand, Vecna pursued the Infinity Gems, six singularities trapped in gem-like matrixes that represented aspects of the very fabric of Creation. Each Gem in and of itself was power untold, but united and contained within an artificial hand of the Artificerís manufacture, The Undying Emperor would claim the Power Ultimate, and rule the multiverse. This is the Tale of the Handís Quest, and the result thereof.

Alright, so here it is, a High Level Epic Villanous Tristalt of a game loosely based on the villainís perspective of Marvelís Infinity War. This overpowered team of miscreantís will do their best to tear apart Creation to gift their Dark Lord with the Power Ultimate and rule of all of Creation. The Story will begin in the Forgotten Realms in Thay, as the Infiltrator has heard rumors that an Army of Light is assaulting Thay to seize the Space Gem.

Spoiler: The Big Sixteen
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

This will be 3.5/Pathfinder, all Pathfinder rules supersede 3.5. This is a Tristalt Game.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrew Multiverse, you can hail from Greyhawk, the Forgotten Realms, Golarion, or wherever you can imagine. Vecna will be a mix of himself, Emperor Palpatine, and Thanos.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

The number is 5 and five only, though Alternates for Roles can be put on a waiting list if they desire.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play by post, obviously. I would like players to post at least once every two days (preferably quicker, if possible). Will try to keep it going, but Iím adulting with kids and jobs and stuffs, so sometimes I may fall a bit behind. Sheets on Myth-Weavers. If someone wants to do Discord, thatís cool too.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Players will be TRI-stalt lvl 20. We will be using story based advancement. If this thing actually gains wings, we will go with Mythic and Epic

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Characters will start with the standard wealth for 20th level, which is 880,000 gp for gear. As members of the Dread Hand, they will have access to considerable resources should they need them.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

MOST 3.5 and Paizo base classes and prestige classes are fine, with a few exceptions (see Question 16). Spheres of Might/Sphere of Power are allowed. Duplicates are assumed to be Pathfinder unless specified (so if you say Fighter, I assume Fighter (PF). Dragon Magazine Material must be requested. Dreamscarred Press Path of War and Psionics are allowed. Trying for a MODERATE/LOW amount of optimization here, try to keep it relatively sane. You may have ONLY ONE T1 class per character, to no Druid/Wizard/Clerics. I will not be playing with any homebrewed material. I reserve the right to deny any material I find objectional/abused, and to update the ban list. That said, if there is only one way to make your concept work, I will hear your request, but please try to keep it to a minimum, they tend to bog down these types of games.
    Character submissions are based on Roles (see#13), each applicant will submit a character based on the role they will to fill using a combination of races, templates, classes and prestige classes which they feel best exemplifies the Role presented.

8. What races, sub-races, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow home brewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

All Paizo base/core/advanced races are okay, templates are GENERALLY OKAY, all monster races are GENERALLY OKAY (Iím sure somebody will come up with something that will make me wince). No more than two templates per character. NO ADVANCED TEMPLATE OR SIMPLE TEMPLATES. 3pp Templates must be approved. YOU MUST HAVE A MEDIUM HUMANOID FORM be a formless horror or Kaiju on your own time, but have something that can interact with the real world and the other players. Monster HD Take up 1 side of your Tristalt, with leftovers to be filled by levels/templates (So, you could be a Red Dragon20//Druid20//Fighter20, or a Half Fiend3/ RedDragon17//Druid20//Ftr20, Human Lich2/Mummy Lord2/Rogue16//Druid20//Fighter20, etc etc). Clerics must worship Vecna or general evilness/undeath (No Gods above big V). If we advance beyond 20, we will use your first/racial "Side" for a Mythic Path.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

25 Point Buy! This is a high-powered game, and your stats should reflect that fact. Your hit points are maximized at first level, and you should take average hp after that. Your Role will give you a free inherent bonus.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Yes. You are villains, Generals in the Dread Legions of a Foul Demigod. You arenít good, and you shouldnít be, but be a team player (or at least respect the higher authority), and try not kill each other without good cause (You work for a God of Secrets, and he expects you to work together, do the math). Donít be Chaotic Stupid. Donít be constantly evil. You can do a good deed if it furthers your ends.
    Don't kick every puppy you meet, but be prepared to kick a puppy if it needs kicking.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multiclassing is perfectly fine with me, as long as it's done elegantly. That means there should usually be some sort of in-character reason for taking a given class. Avoid dips if you can, but when you can't, try to own it.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

All PC and NPC rolls should be made in the IC thread in a spoiler. If you need to make a roll that would affect your post, you can make it in the OOC. I will make the occasional roll in private, these things are usually to see which way the story goes. I'm using passive background checks such as Perception, to avoid asking for rolls in situations where simply doing so would reveal something untoward.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

No Background Skills. You are too busy conquering the Multiverse to take up hobbies. Variant Multiclassing will be accepted, if you choose to go that route. As far as Traits go, pick two Traits from any source (including one from any single Campaign, provided you write it into your backstory somehow). You may take a Drawback for a third Trait if you so wish, but the Drawback must be mechanically significant.

We will be using the Pathfinder Feat Tax Fix

We will be using The Giant's Diplomacy Fix

Spoiler: 13a. Roles
    Show

Roles: Character submissions are based on Roles. Each applicant will submit a character based on the available role they will to fill using a combination of races, templates, classes and prestige classes which they feel best exemplifies the Role presented. No duplicate roles, only the best submission for each role will be used. If there are no acceptable submissions for a given Role, it may be filled by a GMPC. You may submit for as many Roles as you wish and have time for, but you will only be able to play one submission (so, if you have the best submissions for two Roles, you get to choose which slot you fill, and the runner up gets the other).
    The Lord of Secrets chose Five Vile Apostles to serve as his hand. Each occupies a specific Role which Vecna believes will bolster his legions and serve his plans. Each is tied to an attribute, and each receives an inherent bonus to that Attribute. As well, they receive additional resources.

The Beast (Forefinger) The Beast is a creature of shock, carnage, and destruction. Few can stand before the Beast in Martial, Physical Combat. The Beast receives a +7 Inherent Bonus to Strength. The Beast has access to a Legion of Mutant Beserker Shocktroopers.

The Infiltrator (Littlefinger) While many of the hand are blunt instruments, the Infiltrator is a scalpel. She is a master of espionage, assassination, and information gathering. The Infiltrator finds and eliminates targets discretely when possible. The Infiltrator is tied to Dexterity, and receives a +7 inherent bonus to it. The Infiltrator has access to a multi-dimensional spy network, and a small elite clan of ninja/assassins for special operations.

The Artificer (Ring Finger) The Artificer is a Master of the Arcane and Forger of Artifacts useful to the Vecnaís Plans. A builder, planner, mad scientist, and sage, the Artificerís quest for knowledge is only matched by their devotion to Vecna. The Artificer is tied to Intelligence, and receives a +7 Inherent bonus to it. The Artificer has access to the dark forges of Vecna, a small cabal of talented mages, and a small Corp of siege golems.

The Necromancer (Middle Finger) A Master of the Mysteries of Undeath, the Necromancer wields the Dark Arts with unparalleled skill. The Necromancer is a protťgť of the archlich, and Commander of the Undead Hordes. The Necromancer is tied to Wisdom and receives a +7 inherent bonus to it. The Necromancer has an almost endless suppy of Undead and a Cabal of Junior Necromancers to manage it.

The Dark Knight (The Thumb) The Enigmatic Dark Knight is First among equals and a Warrior of Darkness without peer. While kkilled in spell and blade, the Dark Knight is first and foremost a tactician, fighting with wit and guile to bring force to bear at critical junctures with as great an advantage as possible. The Dark Knight is the Leader of the Hand and makes them a whole and powerful fist for his Master, Vecna. The Dark Knight is tied to Charisma, and receives a +7 inherent bonus to it. The Dark Knight has a corps of Devils at his disposal that he can teleport to critical battle areas and seize key objectives.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, character backgrounds are a must. I don't need a novel or anything, but I would like some fluff incorporating your character's background, but more importantly, what is your characterís motivations and personality. How and why did they get there? Generally speaking, I expect to see most to all of the boxes on the last page of your character sheets to at least have something in them.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

For the most part, most of this will be roleplaying, scheming, detective work, and puzzle solving, with a few key fight scenes thrown in to break up the boredom and make key determinations, but fights will be minimal, short, and sweet, as epic combat gets real messy real quick. Big Battles will happen, but they are for the most part backdrop. Forces both Good and Bad will be scheming to steal the gems from you, so be on your guard.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Any first edition, first party Pathfinder material written by Paizo should be fine (including all Occult material). If you want a 3pp Archetype, ask, but try not to blanket ask. Most 3.5 feats, classes, and prestige classes (See Ban List.) Commonplace Guns for technology level. If you are applying with a Summoner or a Rogue, please play the Unchained version. Barbarian or Monk, either way is fine. No Sacred Geometry allowed. I reserve the right to add other material to the ban list at a later date should I find something to be too unbalanced.
    Spoiler: 16a BAN List
    Show

Prestige Classes
    Illithid Savant
    Incanatrix
    Beholder Mage
    Cancer Mage
    Planar Shepherd
    Dweomerkeeper
    Thrallherd
    Shadowcraft Mage
    Tainted Scholar (and it's predecessors)
    Ur-Priest

Feats
    Sacred Geometry

Spoiler: 16b. Approved List
    Show

Races
    Fallen Planetar
    Eremite Kyton
    Marilith
    Fallen Deva Class

Templates
    Monster of Legend (CR+4)
    Undead Lord (CR+2)
    Savant (CR+2)

Classes
    Legendary Gunslinger
    Legendary Monk
    Legendary Vigilante
    Adamant Entertainment Warlord

Feats
    "Captivating Doom" Change Harbringer Initiation Modifier from Int to Cha.

I will likely keep recruitment open to at least June 1st, I will see how we are progressing at that time and see whether we are ready to begin or need an extension.

Applications
    Player Role Character Race Class Alignment Complete
    Lioslaith Dark Knight Samael Fallen Planetar Antipaladin/Warlord Lawful Evil Progressing
    paradox26 Infiltrator Umbra Dread (Fear in the Flesh//Unchained Rogue Eremite Kyton Lawful Evil Progressing
    AvatarVecna Infiltrator Skrull with no Name Mesmerist//Troubadour//Vigilante Skrull Neutral Evil Progressing
    Genth Artificer The Acolyte Reincarnated Master//Hedgewitch//Soaring Master Savant Samsaran True Neutral Progressing
    Last edited by DM_Danger; 2019-05-08 at 07:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well let me get the first nope, lol. I was thinking possibly a "good" monster like possibly a planetar turned evil?
    I like the globe warm...

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    I have come up with an intriguing and suitable background idea and concept for my Infiltrator character. Once I see the 16 I will be able to decide how to mechnically build it. Also, a question which isn't strictly in the 16, but which will be very relevant, is what optimisation level are we looking at?
    Moderate/Low. This is going to be a powerful, cosmic game, and it is only going to get more stupid assuming you find the Gems. I tend to scale threats with PC power level, so the sicker your characters, the sicker your opponents. That said, if someone is way up there and off scale with the rest of the party, they may be less likely to be picked or tone it down.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Well let me get the first nope, lol. I was thinking possibly a "good" monster like possibly a planetar turned evil?
    I'm willing to hear the pitch. Keep in mind you have to have a medium humanoid alternate form, your clerical abilities would count as your T1 choice, and your spell-likes might not all work or be changed to their evil counterparts.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Danger View Post
    I'm willing to hear the pitch. Keep in mind you have to have a medium humanoid alternate form, your clerical abilities would count as your T1 choice, and your spell-likes might not all work or be changed to their evil counterparts.
    Yeah I was thinking just change the 'good' stuff to 'evil' would be easiest. The angels have alternate form/alternate shape for that. I've never been a fan of being large in a medium world anyway.

Essentially I was thinking that he's become disillusioned with the good side of this whole good vs evil war. He's been on the prime material fighting for good for eternity and never really making any progress. He has loved and lost and is losing the distinction between the two. Vecna saw this and took advantage of it, convincing him to 'come to the dark side' so to speak.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #43

Yeah I was thinking just change the 'good' stuff to 'evil' would be easiest. The angels have alternate form/alternate shape for that. I've never been a fan of being large in a medium world anyway.

Essentially I was thinking that he's become disillusioned with the good side of this whole good vs evil war. He's been on the prime material fighting for good for eternity and never really making any progress. He has loved and lost and is losing the distinction between the two. Vecna saw this and took advantage of it, convincing him to 'come to the dark side' so to speak.
    I am good with it, this is going to be that kind of game, keep in mind, you will be a PRIME target for your former brethren, and you will definately not be the only Angel on the block.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am good with it, this is going to be that kind of game, keep in mind, you will be a PRIME target for your former brethren, and you will definately not be the only Angel on the block.
    That's fine by me, I kinda figured the Dark Knight would be a prime target anyway. I assume a Solar HD 22 would be the no I was thinking I was going to get?
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Time for a round of questions about things I'm sure will all be off the table!

1) I assume Incantatrix and Shadowcraft Mage are also intended to be on the banned list? The latter in particular can be...problematic in a 3.P game.

2) Shall I assume custom races are off the table?

3) Are we playing with LA buyoff?

4) Are we playing with Legendary Sphere Talents?

5) What kinda pre-game crafting limits are we working with? Does this differ for those that aren't the Artificer?

Many thanks!

16. - Top - End - #46

That's fine by me, I kinda figured the Dark Knight would be a prime target anyway. I assume a Solar HD 22 would be the no I was thinking I was going to get?
    Correct, a tristalt planetar is not a bad consolation prize though
    Last edited by DM_Danger; 2019-05-07 at 08:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Correct, a tristalt planetar is not a bad consolidation prize though
    Indeed! I will get to work. Also, Monster of Legend template?
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2019-05-07 at 08:09 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Are the legendary classes (specifically, monk and gunslinger) allowed? I have this idea of a drunken gunslinger with lots of ki and grit, still need to decide about the third side though.

19. - Top - End - #49

Indeed! I will get to work. Also, Monster of Legend template?
    Yes, but I am putting the CR adjustment at +4 rather than +2, as it is clearly more powerful than some of the +3s.

20. - Top - End - #50

Planetar

Also, what is your ruling for psionic/magic transparency?

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Are the legendary classes (specifically, monk and gunslinger) allowed? I have this idea of a drunken gunslinger with lots of ki and grit, still need to decide about the third side though.
    I am not familiar with them, and googlefu is failing me, source/link?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For classes I am thinking possibly an Antipaladin with possibly the Holy Tactician (good and evil swapped, call it Unholy Tactician if that is acceptable?) and maybe Adamant Entertainments Warlord? Still iffy on the second class and am open to suggestions.
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #53

Also, what is your ruling for psionic/magic transparency?
    Full transparency

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

1) I assume Incantatrix and Shadowcraft Mage are also intended to be on the banned list? The latter in particular can be...problematic in a 3.P game.

5) What kinda pre-game crafting limits are we working with? Does this differ for those that aren't the Artificer?
    Reposting cuz I think it got missed?

Many thanks!

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

Here are the legendary classes-

They are basically remakes which boost the power level and give more interesting options

If approved, Ill go with a monk//gunslinger//psychic warrior, who drinks tons of ale and uses it to empower himself. some sort of an inquisitive warrior and relentless hunter.

Edit-I don't know if the links are legal...
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-07 at 08:52 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Withdrawing interest.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Here are the legendary classes-

They are basically remakes which boost the power level and give more interesting options

If approved, Ill go with a monk//gunslinger//psychic warrior, who drinks tons of ale and uses it to empower himself. some sort of an inquisitive warrior and relentless hunter.

Edit-I don't know if the links are legal...
    What role are you looking at?
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

Probably the forefinger

but I might go little finger with a combat teleporter

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Genth, when you get the chance, change tag to Recruiting?

Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #60

Sorry, missed this on my phone.

1) Yes, those two were on the ban list, and slipped off, will re-add them.

2) Not necessarily, Custom Races withing the Pathfinder Race builder are okay, but keep it reasonable, it is a multiversal game, so all sorts of strange alien species are possible.

3) No, CR=LA with no buyoff

4) Yes

5) Pre-game crafting is allowed. It's all the same. Presumably, the Artificer will be tooled for magic item creation, and therefore get more/better access, but I am not spelling it out, I am curious how people will interpret things. Will monster races, templates, and the inherent role bonus, you should have plenty of shinies to play with even without crafting.