Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Plane(t)-hopping Villain Group (PF, High Level, Thanos-Inspired)

... Level 20 Tristalt. With Spheres of Might. Spheres of Power. And all of DSP's Psionic and Path of War Material allowed? And I have all the way until June the 1st in order to make my character sheet? Consider me sold~. Evil isn't normally where I dabble in, but I think I could come up with something enjoyable and delightful for an evil campaign, I'm sure~

So, from the Big 16 post, we currently have 1 Dark Knight, 2 Infiltrators and 1 Artificer. But somehow I'm guessing that does not sum up everyone who has been interesting in making a build so far. Does anyone have a list of the different applications and what roles people are building towards at the moment? I have zero ideas at the moment, and I would love to get an idea of what other people are going for, and what they are not going for in order to get some inspiration in what I can do.
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-09 at 05:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, why not I'll bite.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    ... Level 20 Tristalt. With Spheres of Might. Spheres of Power. And all of DSP's Psionic and Path of War Material allowed? And I have all the way until June the 1st in order to make my character sheet? Consider me sold~. Evil isn't normally where I dabble in, but I think I could come up with something enjoyable and delightful for an evil campaign, I'm sure~

So, from the Big 16 post, we currently have 1 Dark Knight, 2 Infiltrators and 1 Artificer. But somehow I'm guessing that does not sum up everyone who has been interesting in making a build so far. Does anyone have a list of the different applications and what roles people are building towards at the moment? I have zero ideas at the moment, and I would love to get an idea of what other people are going for, and what they are not going for in order to get some inspiration in what I can do.
    Pretty much all of the roles have people interested in them, but the Necromancer and Beast are probably the ones with the least interest I think?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I have an idea for a Beast build. :)
    Last edited by Frendle; 2019-05-09 at 07:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

We have a long way to go, and already some good submissions, I don't think you guys are going to make it easy on me, a lot of creative interpretations coming about. It's not neccessarily about the most powerful or well written though, inventiveness and ability to fill the Role play major components too.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Gonna post interest, maybe do something with Gravecrawler so I can cast Sphere stuff allll the way over there.

Kinda want to do a monster just because it's an option but I'll see.
    Jobs have been settled more or less. Posting will happen on nights off and when there's a lull at work.

Your understanding is appreciated.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Let's see... perhaps an application for an Infiltrator, using Muse as a super skill monkey (filling with Bard or maybe a nice template for the remaining three levels on that track), using an Oracle with the Occult mystery and Spirit Guide archetype. Third track... can I apply Synthesist to the Unchained Summoner? All the named altered features are present.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-05-09 at 09:45 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Let's see... perhaps an application for an Infiltrator, using Muse as a super skill monkey (filling with Bard or maybe a nice template for the remaining three levels on that track), using an Oracle with the Occult mystery and Spirit Guide archetype. Third track... can I apply Synthesist to the Unchained Summoner? All the named altered features are present.
    Muse is a bit of a wince, but let's see where it goes.

Syntheist Unchained Summoner... I will allow as long as your forms match

9. - Top - End - #159

... So I'm going to play a ranged Beast.

Specifically. I found the Sanguine Angel Prestige Class. And whilst it is almost entirely based on melee combat, two levels in it allows me to grab this ability:

Furious Huntress:The sanguine angel adds her Strength bonus, rather than her Dexterity bonus, to attack rolls made with bows.
    Archer is a form of Material, Physical Combat, just as much as actually running up to someone and hitting them in the face is. So, it should work. Not to mention, I really like the idea of playing a rather simply and unassuming appearing character, compared to the much more monstorous and deadly looking characters that I'm working with. But in actual fact, I could break them over my knee without missing an eye-beat if I wanted to.

Problem is, most Strength Increases seem to come from some type of transformation, rage, or temporary boost that only lasts a few rounds... and I'm not really sure that fits the favour of my character. I mean, I guess I could do a non-feral Mutagen...? Eh. I'll have to look more into Sphere's of Power and stuff to see what I can do to increase my Strength. Adrenaline Boost + Persistent Power would be far too broken anyway...

10. - Top - End - #160

Planetar

storyteller arc-I am a strength buffer, and I can pretty much give you an at will +16 to strength as long as you are 60 ft away from me. I know you shouldn't count on that we will both play, but you can take into consideration

also, thanks for finding that prc, I also need strength archery. I wish the prequisites were more appropriate for my character though...Ill see If Ill take

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    ... So I'm going to play a ranged Beast.

Specifically. I found the Sanguine Angel Prestige Class. And whilst it is almost entirely based on melee combat, two levels in it allows me to grab this ability:

Archer is a form of Material, Physical Combat, just as much as actually running up to someone and hitting them in the face is. So, it should work. Not to mention, I really like the idea of playing a rather simply and unassuming appearing character, compared to the much more monstorous and deadly looking characters that I'm working with. But in actual fact, I could break them over my knee without missing an eye-beat if I wanted to.

Problem is, most Strength Increases seem to come from some type of transformation, rage, or temporary boost that only lasts a few rounds... and I'm not really sure that fits the favour of my character. I mean, I guess I could do a non-feral Mutagen...? Eh. I'll have to look more into Sphere's of Power and stuff to see what I can do to increase my Strength. Adrenaline Boost + Persistent Power would be far too broken anyway...
    Urban Barbarian? Rage is far less out-of-control and much more nuanced and calm.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like making characters, and rarely get a chance to play a villian.

WIP

Spoiler: questionnaire
    Show

The Big Questionaire

Concept
    These are the fundamentals, the broadest strokes. Every character should have answers to these five, including NPCs. It’s the quickest way to give the sense of a full individual instead of a cardboard stereotype.

What emotion best describes your character? Find one primary emotion your character expresses. Try to use a colorful, specific word to describe it. For instance, instead of “angry” you might say “vengeful” or “raging,” or instead of happy you might say “cheerful” or “exhalting.”
    -Envy

What emotion does your character evoke in others? How do others react to you? Do you impress, scare, calm, excite, or perhaps annoy? Again try to find the most specific term you can. Is this reaction different between friends and enemies?
    -Betrayal

What does your character need most? If your character had everything he or she needed, why go on an adventure? Most people’s needs are fairly universal, although they can change over time. Common needs are survival, security, companionship, esteem, romance, family, or wisdom. Consider what your character’s starting needs are, and where you want them to be by the end of the adventure or campaign. It helps to establish this need with the GM, to ensure it fits with the themes of the game.
    What is your character’s goal in life? This should be the principle, underlying motivation for everything your character thinks, says, and does. If your character were lying on the brink of death, what makes him or her cling to life? What could your character lose that he or she would consider worse than death? This goal is often broad, and sometimes unachievable. Whatever the nature of the goal, it should be something your character can strive for his or her entire life. The best goals are ones that can be threatened, as they will help create more compelling adventures. Ideas include justice, revenge, protecting loved ones, redeeming one’s self, or gaining some kind of power. When you think of something, ask yourself “why?” to make sure it isn’t because of some larger, more important goal.
    -He needs that immensely pleasurable and fulfilling feeling when you outwit someone and backstab them, the look on their face never ceases to make Fume cackle with glee.
    This isn't really a goal though, I suppose he is driven to an extent by stealing power or wealth. His goal might be to figure our a way to steal divinity, or simply to deceive his way into a patheon

How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? Because the goal can often be ideological, the method to achieving it is sometimes equally insubstantial. Your character’s methods should be strongly tied to beliefs (or lack of beliefs), and primarily be a decision of lifestyle. A character bent on revenge might consider perfecting a fighting discipline, while a character devoted to a cause might consider a religious or philosophical doctrine.
    -Constant deceit and disguise, always probing and questioning for ways to steal power

Background
    For any campaign, a character should have come from somewhere. Spend any length of time with someone and their history is bound to come up. These questions give your character history, and therefore dramatic and emotional weight.

Where did your character come from? Consider your character’s initial roots, before he or she was a teenager. These times are what shape your character the most. Who were your parents? Where did you live? What was your family’s economic and social status? How were you educated? What were the three most important lessons you learned?
    When did you grow up? Everyone begins taking responsibility for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when your character started taking care of him- or herself.
    What values does your character hold? Name three things your character considers sacred, and three things he or she is idealogically opposed to. These things will usually stem from a combination of your goals and your personal history. Consider especially where the values came from. Was your character taught these values? Did they develop as a reaction to something your character considered noble or diabolical? Establish lines that your character will not cross in pursuit of his or her goal to add challenge to playing your character.
    How does your character dress? Start generally with an overall statement of the quality of your character’s appearance, such as projected social status, trade, common activities, or how groomed or slovenly your character is. Begin to hone in on telling details, especially those things that most people take for granted. How exactly does your character style his or her hair? What decorative articles does your character wear, such as jewelry, decorated buttons or buckles, a belt, gloves, etc.?One especially telling detail is footwear. Describe in detail what your character wears on his or her feet, including cut, tightness or looseness, heel height, sole hardness or softness, lacing/buckling/tying or lack thereof, toe shape (square, round, pointed…?), color, material, shininess, cleanliness, repair or disrepair, and any other details you can think of.
    What are your character’s means? Consider all the resources your character has. This should include material resources such as money and property, social resources such as friends and allies, and personal resources such as skill, courage, strength, wits, etc. It might help to make a list of all your character’s resources that he or she might use to overcome adversity. Consider challenges like fights, puzzles, traveling, persuading (and being persuaded), and any others.

Fume comes from a small farming village, he is the bastard son of a farmer and a raider and was shunned and alienated for as long as he could remember not only for what he looks like but because of what he was the result of.
    He had one sibling, an older sister. She was not by virtue of the same circumstance as him and was pure human, she was also the only person in the village who ever seemed to care for him.
    Naturally he ran away at a young age, at 9 he found himself making his way to the nearest city. He was lucky the one who found him first was an incanter looking for an apprentice and not a more unsavory prowler.
    Whilst Fume had accepted the role of apprentice what he soon found himself as little more than a slave, he cleaned and cooked and washed and did everything for the incanter except study magic. The incanter had simply wanted an illiterate urchin with no ties.
    A few years of this and Fume had taught himself to read in secret and realized why the incanter had not wanted a servant who could read, his research notes and spellbooks were everywhere. Magic was quicker for Fume than reading and before he was 15 he was a peer to most incanters in the city, if not his own "master"
    Not long after that he first impersonated someone to withdraw all the money in their account and he was well on his way to becoming the deceptive little creature he is today.

He holds sacred knowledge and learning, it was such a powerful tool for his own freedom that he cant stand to see it destroyed.
    He holds sacred his right to take from those weaker than him, if he steals from you you obviously weren't deserving of whatever it was he took.
    He holds sacred

He is opposed to children being forced to work, he hated being made into a servant, even though he knows it lead to where he is now and that there were darker fates in store for his young urchin peers.
    He is opposed to orcs, his own father and the circumstance of his birth has led to a racial hatred of orcs, which also gives him more than a little self loathing at his own natural body.
    He is opposed to

He dresses in whatever his target dresses in, i he is free to choose his own garb he usually goes elegant and ostentatious, almost too many precious stones and fine silks and not to mention he always chooses elfin, refined features for his face and body.

Details
    Now we’re picking nits. These five are all about texture and color. These answers take your character beyond an adventure serial persona and into reality. Answers to these make your characters memorable for years.

What are your character’s personal tastes? Name at least three things your character enjoys for no reason other than personal preference. A good place to start is with each of the five senses. Consider a sound, smell, taste, feeling, or sight that is uniquely pleasing to your character. Also consider activities such as hobbies or habits. Name three things your character dislikes, as well.
    What are your character’s opinions? Decide upon at least three major aspects of local society and your character’s opinion on them. This could be generalizations such as rich or poor people, more specific areas like a particular political or religious group, or very specific things like a prominent individual or an aspect of the character’s job. Check with your GM for relevant things in the campaign to have opinions about.
    He likes heavy jewlery on his hands and ears, he likes the weight of it. He likes light fine linen clothes, how airy they are. He love the smell of baking bread and a fresh warm piece. He loves the look of betrayal on someones face that he has deceived.

What is your character’s comfort zone? What environment, activity, or mindset puts your character at ease? This can add a lot of color to your character during stressful moments, as he or she will have a place to go or a thing to do at these times. It helps to have a comfort zone broken up into the above parts so at least some of it is portable.
    Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? Name and briefly describe at least one person who had a significant impact on how your character perceives the world today. You can name more than one, but they should each reflect different aspects of your character’s beliefs. Use this as a reference point when your character has to make difficult decisions (i.e., “What would so-and-so do?”).
    If you asked him this question he would lie and tell you he is most comfortable in a courtroom, impersonating an advisor or noble and spinning a web of deceit, but in truth there are two activities that he finds deeply comforting, making charcoal and baking bread. When he murders a baker and takes there place he gets far more involved than he should in making bread, the feel of the dough, the warmth and then the smell of baking bread. Its a simple pleasure. Likewise he finds making charcoal meditative, having to watch over the heap for so long, tending it simply, whilst his mind wanders is something that he finds restful

What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks? Name three things that are unexpected about the way your character behaves, such as things that go against his or her normal social status, age, or trade. How about three unexpected talents or abilities like being able to sing, or knowing some trivial knowledge, or being good at math? Three things your character can’t do that most other people can such as whistling, swimming, or reading well? How about three things your character fears, such as heights, dogs, or insects?
    How do you want your character to die? Your character won’t live forever, although you might not play him or her to the end. If you had your choice of deaths for your character, what would it be? Death of old age, having survived through all his or her trials? Perhaps a bloody, violent death? A noble sacrifice? Happenstance? It can also provide an unusual layer of texture to your roleplaying, as you have a better understanding of your character’s fate. It will also tell you if your character is a tragic or heroic one. Finally, it can help your GM in resolving conflicts in-game if he or she has an idea of your comfort zone with threats to your character’s life

Fume has a lot of little talents hes picked up over the years while pretending to be others, hes a great listener, a good cook and a competent hand at card games. Fume hates vegetables, cats and riding horses into the sun. He fears drowning, being naked in public and going blind.
    Fume would like to die of old age, alone, a last survivor having outwitted them all. But of course, that relies on him outwitting them all..

Campaign
    Here are a number of questions specific to the campaign.

What makes you worthy of your Role?
    -Fume is a master of disguise and deception, hes not only great at it but he lives for it. It drives and fuels who he is.

What did Vecna offer you to join the Hand?
    -Opportunity, safety. The opportunity to pull of great cons and deceptions against big heroes and leaders and the protection in case something goes wrong.

Vecna requires a secret from you as a sign of Fealty, what secret did you offer Vecna? (You can PM this if you want it confidential)
    -Fume has living family that he pretends not to care about, he plays at being the evil villian that has no ties but his sister lives as a farmer in a peaceful little village somewhere. Fume has told Vecna where she is and who she is.

Which of the Infinity Gems (Power, Time, Space, Mind, Heart, Soul) do you feel most connected to? Why?
    -Heart, deception and deceit are Fumes forte, these seem to me to be linked usually to figure out a creatures desire and manipulating it.

What do you think Vecna will do with the Stones?
    -Kill lots of people? Turn the material into a negative energy plane?

Do you trust Vecna?
    -I trust no one

Who is more worthy to wield the Stones, you, one of your allies, or Vecna?
    -Vecna of course...

What would YOU do with the Stones.
    -Give them to you master...

What should your reward be for recovering the Stones?
    -Immorality and freedom from Vecnas wroth.

Which of the other Roles do you feel closest to? Which of the other Roles do you feel most opposed to?
    -The beast is probably what he feels closer to, slaughter and mass destruction.

Are there any Heroes that you despise, or whom have stood against you in the past?
    -Probably lots, but as Fume is always disgused or pretending to be someone else when he strikes very few heroes have likely figured out his true identity. One thorn in his side is the Lord Paladin Redmire, an uncorruptible, unseduceable moron who has seen through a few of Fumes schemes in the past and proven to be quite stubborn.

To gain the Soul Stone, you must make a sacrifice. It is a sacrifice that cannot be undone or taken back. It must be a worthy sacrifice, otherwise you are destroyed with no gain. It must be either a self-sacrifice that will effectively cripple your character (give up your power), or you must sacrifice someone or something that is truly of central value to the character (a beloved child, your race (that you value and love), the love one, or the memory of a loved one that you have been trying to raise, etc). What would you put on the altar of the Soul Stone?
    -This is a tricky one because Fume doesn't really care about anyone or anything except himself, unless he could give up a portion of his power? No, I think he would try and trick someone else into getting the soul stone and then steal it off them. Or deceive the mechanism by pretending to be someone with a loved one and sacrificing them, but hes not stupid so he would probably leave this for others. The reason Fume doesn't offer his sister to obtain the soulstone is hes honestly not sure it would work, he spent so long pretending not to care about her that hes doesn't know if he does care anymore, he's not going to chance it.

What is your character’s greatest strength?
    -His shape shifting and mimicry

What is your character's signature move?
    -Radiation, Wildfire, coming back like a phoenix

What is your character’s greatest weakness?
    -His hunger and drive to deceive and manipulate

What is your character's greatest fear?
    -People seeing his real body and being disgusted. Loosing his ability to disguise himself

What can kill your character?
    -Death effects, the dead condition. Reducing his spellpoints below 3 before giving him the dying condition

What wouldn’t your character do to further your goals?
    -Nothing

If you character could go back to any time, any place, where would they go?
    -To a time when a great power was handed to an individual, so that he might impersonate that individual and steal the power offered.

Which of the Avengers would you like to fight, why?
    -Blackwidow, Hawkeye. Fume loves tormenting and deceiving others, and with their lack of superpowers he could entertain himself for days with these two mere humans trapped and confused in a labyrinth of his lies.

Which of the Avengers would you not like to fight, why?
    The hulk, he cant be reasoned with, he cant be stopped

I know it is alot, but I know you have all put tons of effect into your characters, and I am hoping these answers will help me to get to know your character better and make the best choices.

Last edited by greenpotato; 2019-05-21 at 12:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Danger View Post
    Muse is a bit of a wince, but let's see where it goes.
    Then to keep the numbers inflation down, I'll skip picking up +Enh Charisma on my headband and avoid the Tome of Leadership and Influence.

It just seemed like a very good pick for an infiltrator - Art is Life grants 10-15 skills based off of perform (the variance being whether or not Expanded Versatility qualifies as part of it), rolls all Perform skills into one, and rolls all Craft skills into one. Which means by taking full ranks in Perform and Craft, the character is very good at impersonation - add in Truespeech (constant tongues) and the shapeshifting? Can fake being most mortals very easily. Synthesist Summoner is in the mix for similar reasons - picking up oddball abilities to approximate things from other people - and it's also a big chunk of why I wanted the Spirit Guide Oracle Archetype: the Arcane Enlightenment option of the Lore Spirit is theoretically good for picking up any oddball Sor/Wiz spell that a particular impersonation target is known to cast (it's got some fuzzy bits in the rules, though; Oracles don't prepare spells by default - if that's a particular problem for you, I can pick up Arcane Preparation (Complete Arcane)).
    Syntheist Unchained Summoner... I will allow as long as your forms match
    Biped base it is. I was a bit torn between Protean and Abberation anyway; that just makes the choice easier. The blindsense, blightsight, and Telepathy overlap with Muse, but that's OK, it's that capstone I'm mostly after with the Abberation.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Then to keep the numbers inflation down, I'll skip picking up +Enh Charisma on my headband and avoid the Tome of Leadership and Influence.

It just seemed like a very good pick for an infiltrator - Art is Life grants 10-15 skills based off of perform (the variance being whether or not Expanded Versatility qualifies as part of it), rolls all Perform skills into one, and rolls all Craft skills into one. Which means by taking full ranks in Perform and Craft, the character is very good at impersonation - add in Truespeech (constant tongues) and the shapeshifting? Can fake being most mortals very easily. Synthesist Summoner is in the mix for similar reasons - picking up oddball abilities to approximate things from other people - and it's also a big chunk of why I wanted the Spirit Guide Oracle Archetype: the Arcane Enlightenment option of the Lore Spirit is theoretically good for picking up any oddball Sor/Wiz spell that a particular impersonation target is known to cast (it's got some fuzzy bits in the rules, though; Oracles don't prepare spells by default - if that's a particular problem for you, I can pick up Arcane Preparation (Complete Arcane)).

Biped base it is. I was a bit torn between Protean and Abberation anyway; that just makes the choice easier. The blindsense, blightsight, and Telepathy overlap with Muse, but that's OK, it's that capstone I'm mostly after with the Abberation.
    Art is Life plus versatile performance makes it very easy to be good at all the skills, all the time, your Cha gear bothers me less, a DC is a DC, but all nymph derivatives get great synergy from it, just keep the numbers manageable so your peers can keep up. Spirit Guide/Lore Spirit is good for duplication, as is Factotum (3.5 is in play), though Oracle has better Cha Synergy. Abberation Corrupted Fallen Muse, can't wait to hear the backstory on this one and how it ended up in the service of Vecna.

15. - Top - End - #165

NecromancerGuy

Hello. Will post interest. I saw you said that Necromancer seems to have less interest, and it is coincidentally one of my favorite things to play, so my submission will be for that

It might be interesting to try something with the Vermin Lord's hivemind ability(without the abuse). Swarms of rats can carry death and disease, I think that could fit with the undead lord stuff nicely.

Probably also have Dread Necromancer on a side, because it's perfect for the concept.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-05-10 at 09:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Planetar

Anyone knows of any other ways to acces this "strength to bow attack" thing?

Also, Im currently debating which rage powers/rogue talents I should get (I got two spare of each), to share with people
    any advice?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Here's a high level of my build for The Beast. Just to get your take on it.

The Beast

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

I am in! Building something for the thumb
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

All hail Kymme for making my av.

19. - Top - End - #169

I'm in for this! Gonna build something for the Dark Knight, might try one of the others too if I have time.

Question for DM_Danger: How do you feel about Kobold Press content? Specifically this feat: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-pa...nge-revelation

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Reminder of Discord Link https://discord.gg/pFtYhkm

Also, can people please PM me, OR post in the Discord Channel their character in the following format - Forum Name | Role | Character Name | Sheet Link

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by doko239 View Post
    I'm in for this! Gonna build something for the Dark Knight, might try one of the others too if I have time.

Question for DM_Danger: How do you feel about Kobold Press content? Specifically this feat: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-pa...nge-revelation
    I will allow that, but it only counts once, ie, you must burn a feat every time you want to take a revelation out of school.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground

Drezana - The Beast
    Slaughter made flesh

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Drezana always lacked even the most rudimentary survival instincts that most Demons possess. Her berserker ferocity saw her climb to great heights many times and saw her cast back to the Pits as a Larva many more. Something was broken or flawed in whatever passes for a soul among demons and this trait kept coming back as she clawed her way out of the Larva Pits over and over again through the eons. Her disdain for the weakness of retreat only grew as untold millennia passed and she took to slaughtering her own kind when they broke on the field and chose retreat instead of glorious trip back to the Larva Pits.

Many Demons have spent more time as a Marilith but none have clawed their way from Larva to Marilith more times than Drezana. The tactical genius attributed to Marilith is still present but strongly subverted by the desire to be on the front lines bathing in the blood of her enemies. Despite her suicidal lack of self preservation instinct Drezana has slaughtered her way to the top many times throughout eternity since she was born of the first Larva to spawn demons in the Abyss. As she began turning on her allies when they tried to retreat she has drawn the ire of many of the Demon Lords who were brave enough to take the field themselves. She showed no hesitation or compunction to turn on and attack such notables as Demogorgon, Baphomet and Kostchtchi (who found this greatly amusing, being the Prince of Wrath).

Her most recent indiscretion ended when she attacked Graz'zt when he chose to retreat from a losing engagement. Graz'zt however proved much less forgiving than the Lords before him and struck down upon her with great vengeance and furious anger. Taking his time Graz'zt worked through his frustrations of the losing engagement and made an example of Drezana to others. Aware of the long history she had of similar such incidents throughout her many incarnations he severed her soul from the Abyss and cast her out. Drezana lived as little more than a savage beast for an unknown amount of time.

The severing of her essence from the plane that gave it substance shattered and destroyed her mind. Vecna learned of this being and bound its extraplanar essence, giving it stability and the ability to think coherently again, at least as much so a Demon ever has. Vecna handed over the shattered remains of Drezana's mind to The Acolyte with the command to "Make this Beast the vessel of our wrath. It shall become our divine slaughter made flesh at your hand." She has been a carefully guided force of nature in the service of The Acolyte as the Voice of Vecna ever since.
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO... VECNA! BLOOD FOR VECNA!
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

A massive 6 armed snake bodied demon. Her arms end in bloody stumps which have grown around the haft of massive polearms, though the blood still flows. Her light skin seems mottled with the dark red and black of dried blood. The hair hanging down her back is composed of thin bundles of muscle instead of hair, each nearly the thickness of a finger and woven with bits of bone.

Crunch is not 100%, but is mostly complete. Enough so I feel it can be posted.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2019-05-10 at 09:20 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

Experiencing some flare up of health issues. Posting status could be slowed

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Art is Life plus versatile performance makes it very easy to be good at all the skills, all the time, your Cha gear bothers me less, a DC is a DC, but all nymph derivatives get great synergy from it, just keep the numbers manageable so your peers can keep up. Spirit Guide/Lore Spirit is good for duplication, as is Factotum (3.5 is in play), though Oracle has better Cha Synergy. Abberation Corrupted Fallen Muse, can't wait to hear the backstory on this one and how it ended up in the service of Vecna.
    OK. Yeah, I'll do a few look throughs of other characters to make sure the numbers largely line up.

Been gathering the Q&A from the Discord....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q1: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...ses/vigilante/ : Racial Paragon
    This particular vigilante trick has two options for when it's taken multiple times: quicker usage, and more feats mimicked at once. I would like to request a homebrew third option, where it increases the total number of uses per day by 3+half level. I don't know that any racial feats are even particularly worth using even in chains, but the ability to pick up racial feats as needed sounds fantastic for if I'm trying to pretend to be something weird.
    A1: allowed

Q2: Is there anything I can do (maybe spend a feat?) to change my Witch spellcasting stat from Intelligence to Wisdom? #EDIT: Is this feat ok? LOST TRADITION [GENERAL] You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition. Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again. For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells. Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.
    A2: allowed

Q3. Do "Courageous" weapons improve all morale bonuses you have, or just morale bonuses on saves vs fear?
    "Verbal Counter While outside of combat, whenever a creature makes a Bluff check against you that involves speaking, you can make a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check opposed by their Bluff check; upon making a successful opposed check, you can force them to either tell the truth (as far as they know) about the subject or take a -5 penalty on Charisma-based skill and ability checks (this includes Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, even if the target uses an alternate ability score to determine their bonuses with these skills) against everyone who listened to them speak for 1 day."
    A3: Courageous weapons improve save vs fear by their enhancement bonus and all other morale bonuses by 1/2 their enhancement bonus

Q4) How does this interact with Glibness effects?
    A4: Glibness would add to your bluff check

Q5) How long have we been 20th level, in-game?
    A5: Effectively as long as you want, Vecna has been gathering the hand at different times

Q6) I am thinking of a Wild Hunt Monarch, which comes with druid casting inbuilt. Does that mean I can still take an actual Tier 1 caster class as well, or does that count as my Tier 1 class, even though it is a racial ability?
    A6: Counts as your T1, same as Planetar counts as T1 due to cleric casting

Q7) The Pathfinder rules in general imply (DM me for details) that Colossal is everything above 30x30ft. With the Telekinesis rules, that'd imply that, with an effective CL of 25, the Acolyte can TK anything. I'm proposing that for anything above 40x40, I need to make a Spellcraft check, with the DC being 15+1 per 5ft over 40ft base. Effectively, that would mean I could (with my take-10 ability) TK anything with a space of around 185x185ft, roughly the size of the HMS Victory plus change by my reckoning (HMS victory actually comes out at around 110x110).
    A7: Seems like a reasonable solution we will go with that

Q8 Can I has https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-4/
    Q8: Approved

Q9. Reiteration: When I asked about Glibness effects, I'm actually referring to this and it's variations in a few places within the rules: "If a magical effect is used against you that would detect your lies or force you to speak the truth, the user of the effect must succeed on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against a DC of 15 + your caster level to succeed. Failure means the effect does not detect your lies or force you to speak only the truth." The reason I ask is because while Verbal Counter is most definitely an effect that would force you to tell the truth, it is Spheres Of Might - and thus, not a magical effect that does so. Would abilities protecting from magically-forced truth-telling protect from Verbal Counter, and if so what would the VC user roll in place of a CL check?
    A9. Verbal counter is non-magical and therefore abilities protecting from magically forced truthfulness wouldn't apply to Verbal Counter, Glibness wouldn't turn the Verbal Counter into a magical effect

Q10: how do you feel about Vermin Lord in the Book of Vile Darkness? With the promise that I won't abuse the hivemind ability, of course. I kinda like the idea of being in a Swarm of undeath and Vermin and all things gross and horrible
    A10: Go for it

Q11: in your opinion, does Dread Necromancer grant the lich template as its capstone? Some people think it does, some don't, so I gotta ask. If so, does it count toward the two Template limit?
    A11 In this instance, it does count as the template, and does count towards the two template limit

Q12: how do you feel about the worm that walks template? It's not third party, but I saw that you were adjusting some templates' CR to be more in line with their power level
    A12: Given our game/level, I would put this at CR+4

Q13:
    A)so, Elbeyon pointed out that the Dread Necro capstone contains this clause:
    A dread necromancer who is not humanoid does not gain this class feature.
    Are we waiving that, or will I just need to take templates normally?
    B)if we are waiving that, I realized that I was talking about taking Pathfinder's equivalent of the dracolich template in place of the lich template, but realized that I never actually got explicit permission to do that. They're the same CR. Here's the ravener template: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo.../ravener-cr-2/ Sorry for all the questions
    A13: We can wave that since this is a monster friendly game

Q14: you stated that varient multi-classing is ok if we want. My assumption is that it should only be used on full 20 level classes, not when using normal multi-classing? Also, if that is ok, can I use it with non-PF classes, and is it usable on all sides which go 20 level single class? Or only one side for the build? To be specific I am thinking of MMF//Binder 20 (use varient MC)//Warblade 20 (use Varient MC)
    A14: Unfortunately, you can only VMC one side (though really you are VMCing the whole character, it feeds off your base feats). I would prefer you used a PF class for the base, as they are already prewritten. But you can combine it with a nonPF class (So Ftr20//Binder20//Warblade20 (VMC: Oracle)

Q15: how much should we be able to be humanoid? Being a dragon lets me polymorph into a humanoid 3/day, but it only has minute/level duration. Is that enough, or will I need something better?
    A15: Should be sufficient, if not, I may increase it for you if it interferes with party dynamics.

Q16: Which Origin Story for Asmodeus Is True? :p
    A16: All of them, and none of them, if you are asking for background purposes, whatever one is convenient to your story

Q17: How do you feel about Augury-like effects? Divination effects that make the player ask questions for the DM if the future will be good or bad? I'm asking this because I, as a DM, dislike them, but it fits the "Oracle" vibe i'm going for with this character so if you're ok with them.
    A17: I am good with it, but can be unreliable, it is based on the current data, so the closer to the event you make it, the more accurate it will be

Q18: I'm doing a version of the character with Hedgewith and wanted the Black Magic tradition, which grants me an oracle curse. But the curses I want (Lich, Shadowbound or Forsaken) all grant me spells, and the system says it's not advisable to choose one of those. Can we work this out? Like gaining a magical talent of similar effect/school?
    A18: Resolved in PM, can swap out Spells for limited Talents

Q19: How do you feel about alternate rules that Get Rid Of/Significantly Lower wealth such as:
    19A) Automatic Bonus Progression?
    19B) Vow of Poverty?
    19C) Vow of Poverty Homebrew Fixes?
    19D) Chopping Down the Christmas Tree
    A19: As big of a fan as I am of Chopping Down the Christmas Tree, we will be sticking with Automatic Bonus Progression for those that wish it for simplicity.

Q20: so, the dragon I'm using is CR 16, but normally has 22 HD. Do I treat my character as having 20 dragon hit dice, or 16 dragon hit dice then 4 HD based on character levels?
    A20: 16 Dragon Hit Dices and then 4character HD

Q21: how big can my hivemind be a game start? And what happens to it if I die? Does it split up? If it remains together, is it still loyal, and maybe tries to revive me? Or does it remain together but just goes off on its own adventures?
    A21: Hivemind can be as large as a cohort, and counts as a cohort if you take leadership. If you die, it starts to discorporate, and loses a hit die per day. While it is together, it is a DMPC, and may be a little emotional at the loss of its master.

Q22: For the ABP, I don't wear armor but do have the Armored Magic Aegis to provide an Armor and Shield bonus, can I slap my attunement bonuses on those?
    A22: Yes, attunement works on clothes and skin too

Q23: How do you feel about Blood Money (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-s...blood-money/)?
    A23: I have seen it abused enough to prefer not to allow it

Q24: How do you feel about deliberately cursed items (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...g_Cursed_Items)
    A24: Would prefer not to use them

Q25: How do you feel about other crafting discounts? A23: I have seen it abused enough to prefer not to allow it
    A25: Depends, case by case basis, Artificer for example is allowed

Q25 (Clairification): Was looking at the crafting feats (eg. Extraordinary Artisan), and the Spark of Creation trait. Also Magical Artisan
    A25: Those three are allowed

Q26: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: The Muse (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ings/fey/muse/) "can use versatile performance as a bard for all categories of Perform." - does this include just the vanilla Versatile Performance, or also Expanded Versatility (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...erformance-Ex-) ?
    A26: Vanilla only

Q27: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: When a Spirit Guide Oracle grabs the Lore Spirit (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hyb.../spirits/lore/) for Arcane Enlightenment, does the Oracle need something like Arcane Preparation (feat tax), does the Oracle prepare spells out of spontaneous slots, or are the spells added like the Spirit Magic spells (essentially spells known)?
    A27: no Arcane prep, but prepare the spells out of Spontaneous slots

Q28: Fuzzy bit in the rules needs a ruling: When a Spirit Guide Oracle grabs the Lore Spirit for Arcane Enlightenment, are they restricted to changing spells once per level, or do they potentially get new ones each day due to cutting a deal with a slightly different spirit?
    A28: Can bargain daily for different spells

Q29: Occult Oracle capstone grants the Ghost template under certain conditions (see https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...teries/occult/). If I'm currently a ghost and synthesized with my eidolon ... am I effectively solid due to the meatsuit, do I remain incorporeal, or some hybrid between?
    A29: You are solid in the meat suit, effectively possessing it

Q30) My wild hunt monarch gets Druid casting at 17th level. Not sure if I would do it yet, but is it possible to replace it with spheres casting?
    A30 Allowed

Q31: Shadow Conjouration and it's Greater counterpart specify "any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning) or conjuration (creation) spell of [X] level or lower". Shades specifies "that it mimics conjuration spells of 8th level or lower." Are the missing class (Sorcerer or Wizard) and subschools (Summoning or Creation) considered deliberately removed, or inherited by shades (aka, can Shades duplicate a Cleric Conjouration(Healing) spell, such as Heal)?
    A31: It works like the label, a ninth level spell should be able to Shade Heal

Q32: Speed weapon enchantment https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...bilities/speed If I have speed on all of my weapons, do I get an extra attack with each of them when I full attack?
    A32: Speed weapon enhancement is not culmative with similiar effects, including other speed weapons

Q33 How long has it been since Die Vecna Die? I.e. how long since Vecna has even been a God
    A33: Technically, Die Vecna Die hasn't happened in this reality, the heroes thwarted Vecna in Sigil, many many moons ago

Q34) Before I get too far in fleshing out my Beast idea, I gotta ask...Hulking Hurler?
    A34: Yep

Q35) If I use the http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gravecrawler capstone and reincarnate into a new humanoid body but also have something like, say, Dread Necromancer that changes my type does the new body also get said type change?
    A35: Yep, you are thoroughly corrupted, even in reincarnation

Q36) Xorvintaal dragons are nice and fun, but they don't get much love. Assuming I can play one would it be okay to pick dragonfire adept invocations / breath effects as xorvintaal powers? (I assume that this is not a too big increase in power, and that it is still below spellcasting as far as power goes) Any other suggestions for things to pick as Xorvintaal powers?
    A36: Sorry, no love for Xorvintaal in this game

Q37) Speaking of fun with dragons, I would like to be able to offer some dragonpacts (Dragon magic), would it be okay if I create custom dragonpacts limiting myself to spells that I know when offering them?
    A37: Yes

Q38) Speaking of fun with dragons, and spells known, Dragonblood Spell-pacts (Dragons of Faerun) are a way to trade spells known, if I have wizard spellcasting I am assuming it makes it go away from the spellbook but there is nothing from scribing it again?
    A38:Works on Sorceror spells only

Q39) How are we dealing with XP costs by the way?
    A39: Depends on how abused the xp costs are, we are using story/goal advancement, if you are regularly employing abilities that have XP costs, it may slow your advancement. Low/Moderate usages won't matter too much.

Q40) Would it be okay to be a spell hoarding dragon? I am most likely trading the racial spellcasting for xorvintaal, but I am still going to take wizard levels and the spell hoard would be fun to play with.
    A40: Would prefer you didn't.

Q41 With the automatic bonus progression are we adhering to the wealth and magic item restrictions?
    A41: Yes, unless you wish to request a specific exception, which may be reviewed.

Q42 So with PF being the driving game system, the Wildshape rules don't really make MMF workable. But what I wanted out of MMF can be accomplished by playing a Wendigo. Which ends up being roughtly the same as a Wartroll form for MMF. Is that ok?
    A42: Approved, Wendigo CR/LA=17

Q43: there is an item called the Rod of Undead Mastery that doubles the number of HD of undead you can control via Animate Dead. Dread Necromancer has an ability that allows me to control 4+Cha mod of HD via undead, rather than the usual 4. Does it double like this: (4 * 2) + Cha, or like this: (4 + Cha) * 2
    A43: ((4+Cha Mod)20HD)2

Q44: Piggybacking on the last question, normally for Spheres you can control 2 times your Caster Level of undead. With my talents, I can control 5 times my CL. If I pick the Rod of Undead Mastery, does it turn into 10 times my CL? This sounds like a lot, but the example on the Rod says 8 times Caster Level so idk if it is a lot or no
    A44: 10 times

Q45: Some casting drawbacks have penalties, like Painful Magic (roll Fortitude every time I use a spell), but all of those DCs are just way too low to be an actual penalty (Painful Magic has a 20 DC, I have 30+ Fortitude). is it fine to still pick them if it makes sense?
    A45: You may, and I may increase the DC based on what you are doing or what is happening to you

Q46: Is the Targetteer Fighter variant (from Dragon Magazine #310) allowed?
    A46: Allowed

Q47: Would you permit me to play a Smoke Elemental Creature (from Dragon Magazine #347)?
    A47: Would rather you didn't, try belker or Smoke Creature Template

Q48: we have run into an issue. The hivemind format, as it currently exists, pretty much expects you to to treat each member of the swarm as an individual creature. A hivemind of bats with enough individuals to cast as an 18th Level Sorcerer would have about 1700 bats. This doesn't work. I assumed there was a template to make them into a unit with the swarm subtype, but there is not such a template. What should we do?

Q49: What would you say the LA appraisals are on these 2 Templates?
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ound-creature/
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...-stalker-cr-2/
    A49a: Devilbound: CR+2, keep in mind that Vecna would have to obtain the contract.
    A49b: Implacable Stalker: CR+4

Q50: Would you allow the Serenity feat (Dragon Compendium) to apply to Antipaladins instead of just Paladins?
    A50: If you can describe how it would fuel an AP (because "Your wisdom, inner calm, and sagacity fuels your class abilities rather than your force of personality or will." will not cut it), then yes.

Q51: Vecna is locked away somewhere right? And speak with us through a machine of some sort, I believe? Has it always been like that? Have we ever been with Vecna?
    A51: Vecna is believed to be within a pocket dimension within the dimension his fleet/army sits, it is unknown if he appears elsewhere or if he has the ability to do so, he certainly seems well aware of what is going on. He speaks to you through a Projected Image/Hologram. He has been this way since his defeat in Sigil. No one has ever BEEN with Vec, but he has soul puppeted some people sometimes when you need physical interaction.

Q52: You mentioned full magic-psionics transparency. Would the Dimensional Agility feat chain work with the Folded Space power (which is just Psionic Dimension Door)?
    A52: Yes

Q53 - Grandmaster Template gives me Leadership and a Cohort. For sake of simplicity, can I give my Adamantine Golem 18 Gestalt levels in say, Conscript or some reasonably simple class?
    A53: Yes

Q54: What would be the LA over/under on this template: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A54: I would not like this template to be a part of the game

Q55: are we concerned about the number of individuals in the swarm, other than for stats? I ask because the 1700 I calculated isn't enough to form a proper swarm by the swarm rules
    A55: It qualifies as swarm

Q56- Would you allow the Dreamscarred Press Akashic Mysteries stuff? (It's basically the Pathfinder Incarnum system, works generally the same)
    A56: Yes, but go easy on me, I'm light in my knowledge of them

Q57- Before developing the concept further, I would like to run it by you. There are likely going to be some minionmancy involved, so I was thinking of running a buffer character.
    Dragon // Zealot // Wizard 5 / Singer of Concordance 10 / Spellguard of Silverymoon 4 / Archmage 1.
    The Zealot's collective allows to cast buff spells at the collective as long as they have a range better than touch. Spellguard and Archmage make personal (and touch) spells have a (fixed) range of 30 feet. Singer of Concordance 10 gives access to a pretty private demiplane and at will access to it, establishing an earth node there allows to use metanode to get over the increase in spell level, making persist spells easily viable, due to the collective range he can buff people from his demiplane.
    I am thinking of having the wizard levels be in psychic mage, who can learn psionic powers, and have a psionic artificer cohort providing cognizant crystals of psionic versions of spells in order to access the most unusual buffs, but that might be pushing it.
    A57: Discussed in thread, Dragons with full casting count as T1, half casters/manifested do not

Q58: Can I use Permanent Weapon Form from http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/spirit-blade ?
    A58: yes

Q59: Would this template be an acceptable substitute to the above (as it is nowhere near as OP)? Would the CR adjustment be 6 or less? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-3/
    A59: I would prefer you didn't use that template

Q60: Does Solid Shadows (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metam...ows-metamagic/) work with Shades?
    A60: yes

Q61: You mentioned you did not like Blood Money. You also mentioned you're more lenient with 9th level spells. How do you feel about Shades duplicating True Creation for spell components (mostly for Permancy)?
    A61: With solid shadows, that works, as they are 100% real, just don't go too crazy

Q62: Would playing a corrupted Kolyarut Inevitable be okay / what would be the CR on it? Would keep Devilbound and Inevitable Stalker ideally.
    A63: CR12, not sure how it has a soul is a question

Q64: Rakshasha Maharaja are good monster for CR 20 but just checking if the Extra Initiative monster ability is okay? Willing to drop it, if it is an issue (since it does kinda change my character action economy): https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...shasa-maharaja
    A64: Drop extra Initiative, counts as T1 caster

Q65: Is it possible to have this [ Hoard Gullet ] put onto a wonderous item for permanent use?
    A65: Yes

Q66: If so how much would it cost?
    A66: Portable Hole equivalent, 20k for 6x10, 40k for 10x10

Q67: do creatures like my Vermin Servant benefit from ABP?
    A67: No

Q68: (i've been thinking about a secondary submission because my brain just can't stop working) what do you feel about these templates (added to a human, no monster): https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/ https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A68: Not fond of Alacritous, banned, Divine Champion I will allow, but only on a CR0 race

Q69: There is a staff in Spheres called Staff of Great Control that is a +2 Staff for Conjuration and Death that adds it's bonuses to summoned minions damage and saving throws (normally it's only for attacks and skills), that costs 32k. A price for a normal +2 Staff of Conjuration and Death is 18k. Can I have a +5 Staff of Great Control of Death/Blood + Weather and Divination? The normal price for such a Staff (without the Great Control tag) would be 162k, so if it would be in line with the +2 one, the price would have to go up by around 78%, bringing it to a total cost of 288,360. Is that acceptable?
    A69: yes

Q70: The Frostfallen Template (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-1/) says that a Frostfallen creature has no Intelligence, but the Undead Lord Template (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...lord-template/) says that mindless undead gain an intelligence of 10. Also, Frostfallen says my Wisdom becomes 10. My questions are:
    Q70.1: Are those templates ok? Do you want to change their CR/LA?
    A70.1: They are okay, increase Frostfallen to +2 since you are eliminating its drawback (sort of)
    Q70.2: Are those the "final scores", for both Int and Wis? Or are they before I apply any other bonuses?
    A70.2: pre-bonus

Q71: I do realize you said no homebrew, but would theurge classes for Binder/Incarnum ( http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.....html#msg13422 ) and Warlock/Dragonfire Adept ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...1&postcount=11 ) be allowed, considering they have no official support for the like? (Reasoning is I'm liking the idea of playing the other half of Ashardalon's soul, who Vecna is helping subsume and assimilate the rest of it.)
    Q71.1: If the above is a no go, then would a Major Red Dragon Bloodline make someone count as the Dragonblood subtype, as per the variant races in Dragon Magic?

Q72 When designing marvellous items with the Destruction Sphere, once I've made it usable at will by multiplying the price by 5, could I add 50% to the cost to make it usable with full attacks etc? Could be useful, if expensive to make people Magic Ranged Weapons? Probably would be an exotic weapon in of itself tho. Basically make items that have the same kind of blast as the Blaster Armorist
    A72: Let's not do that

Q73 - Technological Items. I have some access to them, I'd like to know how much you want them to be able to be around
    A73: Doesn't bother me, it's like Asgardian tech, to some its magic, to others its tech, let mr know what you have in mind

Q74) Is the Iron Lich acceptable? I ask not because of power, but because it is 3PP.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...creature-cr-2/
    A74: Yes, CR+4

Q75) Nar fiendbond is a spell that adds the half fiend template, it has a cost based on class level. I would like to make sure that class level =/= character level. (Basically it would be really helpful to permanently change constructs type to something that is living)

Q76: If a character has both Incarnum and Veilweaving, do they stack or overlap?

Q76.1: Which feats set would you prefer, if it differs from the above ruling?

Q77) Can I make my own weapon of legacy? The printed ones suck

Q78) How up to date are you on physics and engineering. Asking for a friend :p
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-05-13 at 06:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Name: Gixiem The Magnificent
    Race: Malik (Noble Efreet)
    Alignment: NE
    Classes: Fey Adept 20//Oracle of Whimsy 20//Malik 13 HD + Fighter 7
    Theme Song: You never had a friend like me!

Just a preview, work in progress.

Actually got a better idea.
    Last edited by Destin; 2019-05-11 at 05:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Hmmmm... there's more humans being made for this game than I expected there to be in all honesty. Means that the idea of playing a non-monstrous Beast, the strongest and most powerful of the Hand of Vecna whilst physically being the least intimidating and least powerful looking of the lot... well. It isn't looking quite as engaging or possible at this moment in time.

Not to mention now that the table has been updated, we now have at least 3 other Beasts, 3 Infiltraitors, 3 Necromancers, 2 Dark Knights and 1 Artificer... good thing that my character build can switch between playing a Beast or an Artificer with pretty much no changes needed huh?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Am I recalling correctly in that we can get an item made by the artificer pre-game, or do we have to craft stuff ourselves if we want pre-game crafting?

EDIT: Additionally, if we do pre-game craft items, is there a limit on how much of our starting gold can be used in that manner?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-05-11 at 05:02 AM.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

So I know I want to do Gravecrawler Symbiat and for background reasons I'm gonna use the capstone at least once. I'm just going to make the reincarnated race my race for ease of use.

(1d100)[49]
    Jobs have been settled more or less. Posting will happen on nights off and when there's a lull at work.

Your understanding is appreciated.

28. - Top - End - #178

So, question.

Pathfinder has Favoured Class Bonuses, where races get unique bonuses when they grab a class. Some of them being good, others were not so good. But each race at the very least gets some options. Which is all fine and dandy... unless you're playing a 3.5 race. Such as the Illumian. Which doesn't have the FCB. Is it possible for us to fix this, maybe? Considering their a magically created race based on humans, it would make sense for us to use the Human FCB's, right?

The same argument could be made for Illumian's being able to pick up the Pathfinder Human's Racial Feats as well, really. They really are very similar, and considering the Illumian don't get any ability scores bonuses at all, I think it's fair that they get these boons. Make them worth playing compared to Pathfinder races.

Edit: Oh, and is there any chance of dropping the Heavy Armour proficency requirement for the Sanguine Angel? ... And maybe some of the feat requirements? Because honestly, neither Weapon Focus (Longsword) and Improved Shield Bash are going to do anything for my character, and whilst replacing Dexterity for Bows with Strength is a strong ability, surely its not worth 2 worthless feats, 2 levels in a prestige class that is useless to me except that ability, and Iron Will? And maybe 3 worthless feats with Heavy Armour proficiency?

... I really hope I'm not asking much, but the Sanguine Angel is essential to my build, but it just costs so much that adds nothing to the build...

Edit 2: Can I have a corrupted version of the Arm of Nyr? Or is that not allowed as a 3.0 item?
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-11 at 10:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Thought this might be useful for somebody, so posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by My previous necromancer notes
    Spoiler: 1st-3rd lvl spells
    Show
    Animate Dead: At this point in Zara's career, everything else is icing on the cake.

Blindsight: A solid self-buff that will make it much harder to sneak up on you or mess with your targeting.

Boneblade: This spell doesn't specify the size of the weapon created; if you end up making a Large or Huge minion that can wield weapons, like a Giant Skeleton, give this appropriately-sized weapon to them and watch them wreck face.

Corona Of Cold: This damage/debuff aura won't affect your skeletal minions, so feel free to wade into melee with them at your side.

Crown Of The Grave: Good when facing enemy necromancers or clerics trying to make your life difficult.

Dispel Magic: Just generally useful.

Favorable Sacrifice: This spell is a good way to buff up your primary force, or potentially a One Big Zombie if you go that route and have the prep time.

Footsteps Of The Divine: Before and especially after you don your armor, you're gonna be pretty slow and wanting to get into melee; casting and immediately ending this spell is a great way to get a nice boost for charging in.

Hand Of The Faithful: This is a good spell to protect your alter with, just make sure your undead minions are supplied with holy symbols (well, unholy symbols).

Hide From Undead: This is a good way to sneak past the uncontrolled masses when wall-crawling isn't feasible or preferable.

Magic Circle Against Good: A solid way to protect your allies from tricky enemy mages.

Magic Vestment: Good for turning your future armor and shield into more formidable defenses.

Meld Into Stone: A good way to get the drop on enemies not expecting you to be in the floor.

Nauseating Breath: An AoE debuff that won't affect your minions, solid fight start.

Portal Beacon: This spell isn't particularly useful, but because it doesn't target the people who get the information (and thus doesn't allow a Save or SR), it's a fun way to draw player attention to a particular portal as a way for Zara to tweak their noses on something or other. I'm sure you can think of fascinating ways to work this in if you put your mind to it.

Prayer: A buff spell that isn't a morale bonus, so it can boost your undead minions. Even better, it's an AoE, and penalizes enemies.

Sticks And Stones: A broken spell from Shining South, say it ain't so! This spell creates a skeleton for Corpsecrafter stacking, and it also gives out negative levels like a wight does. Now, it doesn't auto-wight them if they die from those negative levels (that's a separate wight ability), but "becoming a wight" is still what happens to things that die from negative levels, it just happens more slowly if those negative levels weren't caused by a wight - and the wight from those negative levels, unlike the spell's skeleton, is going to be permanent (although not super-strong, sad).

Stone Shape: Use this to remake your cave lair however you please, be it to make it more difficult for your uncontrolled minions to get to you, or to make it difficult for the PCs to get around.

Summon Undead III: I'm mentioning this spell line because while they're on-brand for Zara, they're not particularly effective for her (that is to say, no more effective than normal), because it's a Conjuration spell unaffected by Corpsecrafter. If you're the kind of DM who'd be willing to let that technicality slide and consider Summon Undead to be the kind of spell Corpsecrafter was supposed to apply to, this becomes much more powerful, but that's not the default state of the game so it's a bad assumption. This spell line is best used for gaining access to types of undead you can't create via the more standard animation spells - which, for this CR, is just Ghouls with SU3.

Unliving Weapon: Turn a small animal into a zombie. Turn that zombie into a living weapon. Order it to go pester somebody you don't like that you know is coming. Laugh at the thought of them getting blown up for picking fights with rotting pigeons and rats. Particularly at higher CRs when you're using Create (Greater) Undead more than Animate Dead, this is a wonderful way to screw over the PCs without Zara even having to be anywhere particularly close.

Venomfire: Use it on yourself to make your bite competitive.

Wave Of Grief: A solid AoE debuff that can't affect your minions.

Spoiler: 4th-5th lvl spells
    Show
    Animate Legion: A good way to turn a nearby stack of bodies into a serious threat to the PCs, albeit temporarily. Good for making a quick escape deeper into the Underdark while they're busy fighting off undead and protecting innocents.

Divine Agility: A solid buff for any single big skeleton minion.

Divine Power: This makes Zara into more of a melee powerhouse, although her primary focus in that department should be her minions.

Fire In The Blood: Punish your enemies for hurting you, up to a potential 10d6 acid damage each (one could take 15d6, but then the spell ends).

Freedom Of Movement: A solid buff to have on-hand if Zara's not in her alter room.

Greater Magic Weapon: Hit 'em where it hurts.

Legion's Curse Of Petty Failing: No-save penalty to attack and saves for the whole party.

Mass Inflict {X} Wounds: I'm only mentioning these spells once, but it applies from here on out. This is a good way to heal your minions and hurt your enemies with a single action. The "Light" version isn't exactly the greatest thing in the world, but later when you get "Critical", you'll be affecting 16 targets for 4d8+16 damage/healing each, which is a much bigger deal.

Necrotic Skull Bomb: An AoE that gives your allies temp HP and your enemies negative levels. Fantastic, but don't use it in melee range.

Negative Energy Aura: A solid AoE damage/heal effect. Not the greatest thing in the world, but worth considering.

Plane Shift: Combine with Portal Beacon for nose-tweaking...or just use it to travel around the multiverse finding fun corpses.

Righteous Might: The other half of the typical Cleric Beatstick Combo.

Seed Of Undeath: On days when you have spare 4th lvl slots, find somebody weak and plot-relevant and use this spell on them in their sleep (so they don't know, and count as willing), then send an undead bird bomb to bother them when the PCs are talking with them about plot stuff.

Spell Resistance: Good for keeping enemy mages from screwing Zara or her One Big Minion over.

Summon Undead V: Use this to get a Shadow or Wight for a few rounds. Use that undead to make somebody else into a permanent spawn. Lose the temporary, control the permanent, and now you're ready to kick off a proper undead apocalypse. Shame they won't be super-strong though.

True Seeing: Most of your money should go to animation, but this isn't a bad investment.

Unhallow: Lots of fun options for making your alter room even better for allies or worse for enemies. Freedom Of Movement, Dispel Magic, Resist Energy, and Silence all seem pretty fun.

Wrack: Used against PCs, this spell can be effective but unfun. Use only if your players really deserve the chance to be helpless for the whole fight.

Yochlol Blessing: This is another buff for turning Zara into a melee threat, and it's also on-brand (in the drow sense, this time) and terrifying.

Spoiler: 6th-7th lvl spells
    Show
    Awaken Undead: Use this to make your mindless undead smarter (to be more tactical and not as screwed over by lots of anti-undead tactics) and more effective (by giving them Ex stuff back, and giving them feats). Probably one of the better uses here is giving hydra undead their Fast Healing back, which makes them even more of a damage sponge than they already were.

Blasphemy: Use this to seriously debuff the party starting out; it probably won't kill anybody important, but it'll give you a solid start in any head-to-head fight.

Create Undead: This is the other important spell you get at this CR, giving you the option of super-strong Ghouls/Ghasts (now) or Mummies/Mohrgs (later).

Desecrate Battlefield: useful for setting up a Desecrate that lasts much longer and is much bigger, giving you more room when fighting in your lair.

Evil Glare: Unless you're pretty focused on Zara's personal melee capabilities, this is a good way for her to help prolong fights: using her standard actions to force a save vs 1d8 rounds of Paralyzed. Of course, this is an unfun spell for PCs, so only use it if they deserve it, or if they should know what they're doing and should be prepared to face stuff like this and just weren't.

Greater Consumptive Field: This boosts your CL, your Str score, and your temp HP, and it combos fantastically with Animate Legion, the above Desecrate Battlefield, the below Greater Seed Of Undeath, and (later) Plague Of Undead.

Greater Dispel Magic: Always worth keeping in your back pocket.

Greater Seed Of Undeath: Fantastic way to turn a battlefield of corpses into permanent super-strong undead. Bonus points if they died from GCF and fueled Zara's strength too.

Leech Undeath: This is a good way for your ghouls and ghasts and Awakened Undead to help you not die prematurely in a fight. Besides, at this point they've got tons of extra HP from your Corpsecrafter stacking, they'll be fine probably.

Mass Spell Resistance: Yeah, you're gonna need this for protecting your honor guard for ******* wizards and clerics.

Pulse Of Hate: A friendly AoE damage-per-turn effect. It has a will save but it's not MA, so it's good that it's friendly. Damage isn't fantastic but you can put up with that.

Ravenous Darkness: An AoE that heals your minions, while blinding and damaging your enemies. Sweet.

Undeath After Death: This spell is optimal, a classic villain move, and the first thing anybody will think of when they see the corpsecrafter stacking: "there's gotta be some way for Zara to get those sweet bonuses". And yes, while most methods of becoming intelligent undead don't involve just a simple spell, this is one. The "Crypt Spawn" template is lackluster but serves our purposes, and if Zara thinks she's gonna die, this is a good way for her to turn her death into becoming More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine because This Isn't Even My Final Form (you don't have to use either of those references in combination with this spell...but I'm just saying, you could). Important note, this template increases your CR and will give Zara a massive buff so it's either going to alter her CR at later showings or require her to get rezzed later to set things back to normal

Vigorous Circle: Another solid way of healing your allies during a fight.

Word Of Recall: Great for when you need to get away.

Spoiler: 8th lvl spells
    Show
    Bodak's Glare: An expensive SoD, so stack up the save penalties before using it, or use it on some helpless commoner. The end result will be a 9d12+84 HP, Str 37, self-propagating undead. Let him loose on the world to have fun.

General Of Undeath: Ways of increasing your total HD controlled is always welcome.

Unholy Aura: A solid buff to you and your minions.

Spoiler: 9th lvl spells
    Show
    Gate: ...yeah.

Miracle: ...yeah.

Plague Of Undead: This CR is named after this spell because this spell is fantastic for you. With that being said, this spell is basically identical to Animate Dead, with two major exceptions: one, it can affect corpses out to Close Range, which makes animating a permanent army easier, and two, it has a flat 100 gp material component cost regardless of the HD being animated. Greater Seed Of Undeath has similar advantages, but the range is a flat 40 ft, and the material cost is 5000 gp. This is much better and combos just as easily as that did with several other spells.
    Ignore any reference to Zara (the build name), melee-focused stuff if you're not that kinda cleric, and super-strong zombies (the contest-specific gimmick). There's some solid necromancy spells in there that you might not have been aware of, I think.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #180

NecromancerGuy

You get pregame crafting for yourself, as do all players. As Artificer, I will allow you to pregame 1 item per Hand member.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Am I recalling correctly in that we can get an item made by the artificer pre-game, or do we have to craft stuff ourselves if we want pre-game crafting?

EDIT: Additionally, if we do pre-game craft items, is there a limit on how much of our starting gold can be used in that manner?
    Found the answer. No mention on gold limits though