Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Plane(t)-hopping Villain Group (PF, High Level, Thanos-Inspired)

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Am I recalling correctly in that we can get an item made by the artificer pre-game, or do we have to craft stuff ourselves if we want pre-game crafting?

EDIT: Additionally, if we do pre-game craft items, is there a limit on how much of our starting gold can be used in that manner?
    A.) One item can be considered crafted by the Artificer, so those that don't have crafting feats can get a discount.

B.) No Limit, you can double or more your starting gear with the right feat/class selections. (Though, check FAQ, certain things were banned, like Blood Money).

2. - Top - End - #182

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    So, question.

Pathfinder has Favoured Class Bonuses, where races get unique bonuses when they grab a class. Some of them being good, others were not so good. But each race at the very least gets some options. Which is all fine and dandy... unless you're playing a 3.5 race. Such as the Illumian. Which doesn't have the FCB. Is it possible for us to fix this, maybe? Considering their a magically created race based on humans, it would make sense for us to use the Human FCB's, right?

The same argument could be made for Illumian's being able to pick up the Pathfinder Human's Racial Feats as well, really. They really are very similar, and considering the Illumian don't get any ability scores bonuses at all, I think it's fair that they get these boons. Make them worth playing compared to Pathfinder races.

Edit: Oh, and is there any chance of dropping the Heavy Armour proficency requirement for the Sanguine Angel? ... And maybe some of the feat requirements? Because honestly, neither Weapon Focus (Longsword) and Improved Shield Bash are going to do anything for my character, and whilst replacing Dexterity for Bows with Strength is a strong ability, surely its not worth 2 worthless feats, 2 levels in a prestige class that is useless to me except that ability, and Iron Will? And maybe 3 worthless feats with Heavy Armour proficiency?

... I really hope I'm not asking much, but the Sanguine Angel is essential to my build, but it just costs so much that adds nothing to the build...

Edit 2: Can I have a corrupted version of the Arm of Nyr? Or is that not allowed as a 3.0 item?
    A.) Illumians can use Human FCBs
    B.) Illumians can use Human Racial Feats
    C.) Sorry, Sanguine Angel is what it is. Not sure how it is "essential", yet adds nothing.
    D.) Yes, also Undead/Demonic grafts if you want to trade in parts

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I noticed that it wasn't mentioned on your list of approved materials but are Akashic Mysteries available?

I'm in particular interested in playing an Eclipse, Eclipse are from Lost Spheres Publishing, so technically a third party of a third party (Akashic Mysteries are made by DSP).

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Destin View Post
    I noticed that it wasn't mentioned on your list of approved materials but are Akashic Mysteries available?

I'm in particular interested in playing an Eclipse, Eclipse are from Lost Spheres Publishing, so technically a third party of a third party (Akashic Mysteries are made by DSP).
    I admit I am not familiar with Akashic Mysteries, but go for it, let's see what you've got.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well then. It looks like this game was made for me. I have a few ideas to play with, but I will take some time to read the thread before I commit to anything.

Edit: Don't think I didn't notice some of my own recruitment text in the 16 there.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-05-11 at 01:31 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Danger View Post
    A.) Illumians can use Human FCBs
    B.) Illumians can use Human Racial Feats
    D.) Yes, also Undead/Demonic grafts if you want to trade in parts
    Awesome! Glad to hear it, glad to hear it.

C.) Sorry, Sanguine Angel is what it is. Not sure how it is "essential", yet adds nothing.
    I'm guessing you did not see my post explaining what I am going to be doing for my Beast Build? Because this is what makes it essential:

Furious Huntress: The sanguine angel adds her Strength bonus, rather than her Dexterity bonus, to attack rolls made with bows.
    I'm a Beast. I gain a +7 Inherent bonus to Strength. I'm all about being the strongest and mightest of the Hand of Vecena. And this ability allows me to translate that into combat in a way that no one else can. Yes. There are thrown weapons as a ranged option. Heck, a Bloodstorm Blade is likely going to be a stronger build. But I like how different this build is, as well as how unassuming it's going to be as well.

As it is... I might be able to get around the feat requirements. At least, partially. Looking at the Sphere's Gestalt Rules, its says I can trade in all of my Martial Proficiencies from all of my classes in order get a Martial Tradition, as well a +2 Discipline Equipment talents per Martial Class. Which they count as any full or 3/4's BAB class. Which both the Stalker and the Alchemist fall under. I only need one.

Shield Master Martial Tradition gives me the Shield Sphere... and more importantly, an extra Shield Sphere talent of my choice... with my choice being Bashing Shield, which functions exactly as Improved Shield Bash. So that's one feat there resolved. It also gives me Armor Training. Which gives me Heavy Armour proficiency. To that's another 'feat' taken care of. Then I got the discipline talents... say, Huntsman Training in order to get Far Shot, Custom Training to get myself an Exotic Bow?

That leaves Weapon Focus: Longsword. Or Heavy Blades I think, thanks to the Elephant Tax? ... Can we change it to apply to any 1 Discipline Talent from the equipment sphere, or is that too much? And then Iron Will. Which costs me 3000gp. Thank you Otyugh's Hole.

So yeah. Don't need any requirements taken away. I can hit the requirements without too much trouble anyway!

Edit: Question. Can I be a Crossblooded Primalist Bloodrager? Technically, they aren't compatiable because they both modify the Bloodline Powers class feature. But one lets me chose 2 different Bloodline powers, whilst one simply swaps them out completely, so they isn't any real clashing between them. I'm interested in playing a Abyssal/Destined bloodline, because not only does it fit the flavour perfectly, but Destined has Weapon Focus as a Bloodline feat, which Abyssal increases my Strength when I'm raging. But, not all of their Bloodline powers or that great... so trading them out for Rage Powers works really well for my character.

Edit 2: 4 more questions.

1. I've seen a few people taking feats to change their initiation modifier for their class. Can I make one in order to change the Stalker's initiation modifier to Intelligence?

2. Ammo. Are we going to be tracking ammo at all? Or can I do something like, buy 100 arrows and just pretend they're infinite from there on? Not ordinary arrows either, but not specifically magic ones either. Same with Alchemical Items as well, as I'm playing as Grenadier.

3. Are we allowed to use Path of War Martial Traditions to swap around Discpline Access for basically free?

4. Can the Dragon Magazine Metamagic Feat, Easy Metamagic be allowed? It reduces the Level increase of 1 Metamagic Feat I already posses by 1.
    Last edited by Storyteller_Arc; 2019-05-13 at 06:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Planetar

The zealot guide syas that a psychic armory warsoul gets charisma instead of wisdom as a soulknife main attribute, but I can't seem to find it. can anyone help me understand what the guide is talking about?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, so I might going for the Necromancer spot. Based on approvals in the thread and my own character background, I will be using Navanir, the Blood Queen of Mzali as a basis for my entry. Obviously I will be doing some rewrites in order to make her game legal, but I really like this build and adding 3.5 material really makes her an interesting type. I do have a back-up build, and therefore I have lots of questions for the DM.

1) If my character can actually get a Template completely by RAW, would I be able to take it without it counting against my total count for Templates? Namely, this would allow a normal Human character to turn into a full, free-willed Vampire at 20th level without any DM fiat. I will explain it below for full transparency, and see what you think.

Spoiler: The Vampire Trick
    Show
    Step 1: Navanir uses the obedience effect from her Demonic Obedience feat at 20th level to get the benefits of vampirism for 1d6+12 rounds, turning any old dominated commoner into a vampire under her control for that duration. Since her dominate spells effect undead as though they were humans due to Agent of the Grave, presumably she doesn't even need to use Control Undead, but it's a back-up should the spell stop working for whatever reason.

Step 2: Navanir commands her new vampiric minion to drink her blood, willingly going into the grapple. At 1d4 Con damage per round, that should end her pretty quickly. She will turn into a proper Vampire (none of that Vampire Spawn garbage).

Step 3: Navanir should retain free will and be able to take command back over the original vampire. The capstone of Agent of the Grave states that "if slain by an undead creature with the create spawn ability, the agent of death retains his Intelligence (regardless of the type of undead he is transformed into) and free will (he is never under the control of the creature that killed him)." All of the same methods apply... plus, underneath the template it's still a commoner to a 20th level PC.

Regardless of whether or not she retains control over the vampire, Navanir will become a fully fledged free vampire. So I've proven that mechanically this should work. At this point, I just want to make sure that it's cool with you that I am doing this. As I said before, I don't think it's super unbalancing, especially compared to things like Vivisectionist and Synthesist, but templates on PCs can be a grey area so I wanted to keep you in the loop.

2) Besides buying up metric tons of onyx, are there any costs associated with having undead minions at the start of the game? My WBL in the last game was tied up a lot in 'buying' corpses, but given the balance here, I'm going to assume that having some undead at game start for free won't be an issue.

3) Forgive me if this question was asked already (I've skimmed the thread but there are a lot of questions), but is retraining feats allowed?

4) Is the Targetteer Fighter variant (from Dragon Magazine #310) allowed?

5) Would you permit me to play a Smoke Elemental Creature (from Dragon Magazine #347)?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-05-11 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

9. - Top - End - #189

Planetar

I have simplified My build a lot, and Im currently toying with a skald//rubato//bloodrager/mystic/animus adept

I might switch some of the rubato into a prestige class that advances bardic performance not only in uses per day, but also in the new performances, because I really want the rubato capstone but on it's own it's a little bland.

EDIT-does anyone knows of any prestige classes that advance bardic perfomance in the sense that I can get new uses, not only more of them? something like the folchluan lyrist does, but it is just really not related to my character in any way
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-11 at 02:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I think the 3.5 Dirgesinger offers different abilities to your bardic music type.

11. - Top - End - #191

Here is my WIP sheet for Gorath, Harbinger of Vecna. Might have drifted a little into Beast or Infiltrator territory on the build, but he should be a literal unholy terror to anything he fights.

Still need to pick spells, buy some more equipment and finalize fluff, but the gist of the backstory is he was Kas' counterpart back when Vecna was still a mere lich, and figured heavily in the early days of Vecna's conquests. When Kas betrayed Vecna, Gorath intervened and stopped Kas from delivering the final blow to his master. In reward, Vecna granted Gorath the gift of unlife to serve at his side for eternity.
    Last edited by doko239; 2019-05-11 at 05:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    I have simplified My build a lot, and Im currently toying with a skald//rubato//bloodrager/mystic/animus adept

I might switch some of the rubato into a prestige class that advances bardic performance not only in uses per day, but also in the new performances, because I really want the rubato capstone but on it's own it's a little bland.

EDIT-does anyone knows of any prestige classes that advance bardic perfomance in the sense that I can get new uses, not only more of them? something like the folchluan lyrist does, but it is just really not related to my character in any way
    Virtuoso, Complete Adventurer.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna pitch in interest.

Thinking Technician // Incanter // something as the Artificer. I'm still fiddling with the concept, but Technician's definitely going to stick. I just can't say no to being able to cart everyone around in a giant flying robot.

EDIT: I was thinking about Thriae Seer for a race, but I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with it. Figured I should double check if it's alright anyway if I can't find anything better.

SECOND EDIT: Scratch that, would Karek be okay? I'm liking the memory stuff. Fleshing out the build more as Technician 20 // Mageknight 12 / X 8 // RHD 12 / Incanter 8.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2019-05-12 at 01:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Chomp used to be just a humble handyman who did a number of tasks in his village. Life was great. Then the famine came. It was a blend of a perfect storm, not only was there diseases that took the crops but also a drought. Despite the pleas of the village folk that they needed to do something, Nobles and Politians running the country wouldn't listen. They have more lofty pursuits like keeping more of the country untouched by filthy peasants. After all, the Nobles never needed to actually grow crops themselves, and only ever went to the market.

The nobles continued to have fancy parties where large amounts of food were brought in and imported, while the village folk starved and died. Chomp barely managing to live before he and a few other of the villagers ambushed a noble passing by. Managing to kill the guards in their reckless abandoment, most of the other villagers fell. The noble screamed and cried before trying to get back at the filthy commoners by destroying the bit of food they had been. However Chomp got the last laugh as he ate the noble alive.

Chomp buried the rest of his village as he began eating the dead guards next, a plan hatching, as he realized the nobles were food. They abandoned the village and now they were going to be eaten. He worked on creating new equipment and armor before setting off to consume the world, a dark hunger awakening deep within him.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

15. - Top - End - #195

Planetar

Hmmm...I ran ito a problem, I think. right now, my character has two sides of the tristalt-
    Skald (red tongue totemic) 20//Rubato 10/ seeker of the song 2/mystic 3/animus adept 5

I need another side of the gestalt, preferrably something synergetic with the other 2 sides, and I would prefer a full BaB class. I tried to make a zealous blade zealot, but it's too feat-heavy.

I am an archer, and Im looking for a way to do other things besides buffing people with static bonuses

also, if anyone knows of any abilities that allow me to switch bardic performance rounds for another effetcs I'd be glad to hear about them, cause It would work really well with my rubato bard.

EDIT-can I homebrew a "tuned bowstring" that works with firearms? something like "harmonic cartridge" with the same effect, but it works with percussion instruments instead of string instruments?
    I was actually planning to ask on a thrown version, but I can't think of any way it would work fluff-wise

EDIT 2-Expanding my homebrew request into just using into either making a melee version of this (again, maybe with precussion instruments and use gauntelts?), or make it into a +3 weapon special ability that I can place o melee weapons? thank you.
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-12 at 08:16 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Hmmm...I ran ito a problem, I think. right now, my character has two sides of the tristalt-
    Skald (red tongue totemic) 20//Rubato 10/ seeker of the song 2/mystic 3/animus adept 5

I need another side of the gestalt, preferrably something synergetic with the other 2 sides, and I would prefer a full BaB class. I tried to make a zealous blade zealot, but it's too feat-heavy.

I am an archer, and Im looking for a way to do other things besides buffing people with static bonuses

also, if anyone knows of any abilities that allow me to switch bardic performance rounds for another effetcs I'd be glad to hear about them, cause It would work really well with my rubato bard.

EDIT-can I homebrew a "tuned bowstring" that works with firearms? something like "harmonic cartridge" with the same effect, but it works with percussion instruments instead of string instruments?
    I was actually planning to ask on a thrown version, but I can't think of any way it would work fluff-wise

EDIT 2-Expanding my homebrew request into just using into either making a melee version of this (again, maybe with precussion instruments and use gauntelts?), or make it into a +3 weapon special ability that I can place o melee weapons? thank you.
    Zen Archer Monk, maybe?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

I am definitely signing up for this. Was originally planning on an Aegis/Soulknife/Prodigy, but I'm thinking that I might go for Aegis/Daevic/Prodigy instead...Psionics, Path of War, Akashic Mysteries and Spheres of Power/Might all in one. Should be quite fun, IMHO. I can even give him a rather strong Techno-slant, cuz who doesn't love an evil Iron Man? Hell, now that I think about it, probably wouldn't be too difficult to pull off Ultron or Brainiac with the kind of stuff I'll have access to, heh.

That said, I'm surprised that there isn't a role that gives +7 CON. I had an old Mystic / Striker / Worldsoul Incarnate Barbarian that such a role probably would have been perfect for.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-05-13 at 09:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Constitution is probably the hardest ability score to directly build around, and it doesn't fit the fluff of a hand very well. Hands only have five fingers after all, not six.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Well thats part of the reason people have suggested a "Palm". After all, there were six stones, with one of them on the back of the hand. (It changes depending on which comic/movie)

I could actually make a pretty kickass build based around con.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

20. - Top - End - #200

NecromancerGuy

I think the idea was that over time, each of us would get one of the stones, with Vecna either getting or already having the sixth. At least up until we get them all, at which point we would presumably have to give them up to Vecna so he could use them. Unless we pull a sneaky on him

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Posting interest as a time Mage, going for Artificer I guess.

22. - Top - End - #202

Planetar

I know it's not RAW, but if I get the ability to combine two bardic performances more than once, can the abilities be cumulative? (if I get it twice its three songs, three times its four songs, etc.)

I currently consider warchanter, with the unholy tactician archetype that was mentioned here earlier and a dip in sanguine angel.

Not sure about it, though, I feel like im missing something

repeating my questions about abilities that require expenditure of bardic music/use bardic music to do something other than the ability itself (something like Ki arcana, but for performance rounds instead of ki)

EDIT-also, requesting the 3.5 ACF's targeteer fighter from dragon 310
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-05-14 at 04:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Well then. It looks like this game was made for me. I have a few ideas to play with, but I will take some time to read the thread before I commit to anything.

Edit: Don't think I didn't notice some of my own recruitment text in the 16 there.
    Yeah, did a cut and paste, rewrote most, but you know..../embarrass

24. - Top - End - #204

Planetar

GM-in case you missed it, requesting to homebrew the tuned bowstring magic item to be transofmred into a magical ability I can apply into melee weapons (since I don't really envision my character as a "staying behind archer" type, but tuned bowstring is something I really want to have in order to be effective and helpful)

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller_Arc View Post
    Edit: Question. Can I be a Crossblooded Primalist Bloodrager? Technically, they aren't compatiable because they both modify the Bloodline Powers class feature. But one lets me chose 2 different Bloodline powers, whilst one simply swaps them out completely, so they isn't any real clashing between them. I'm interested in playing a Abyssal/Destined bloodline, because not only does it fit the flavour perfectly, but Destined has Weapon Focus as a Bloodline feat, which Abyssal increases my Strength when I'm raging. But, not all of their Bloodline powers or that great... so trading them out for Rage Powers works really well for my character.
    Allowed

Edit 2: 4 more questions.

1. I've seen a few people taking feats to change their initiation modifier for their class. Can I make one in order to change the Stalker's initiation modifier to Intelligence?

2. Ammo. Are we going to be tracking ammo at all? Or can I do something like, buy 100 arrows and just pretend they're infinite from there on? Not ordinary arrows either, but not specifically magic ones either. Same with Alchemical Items as well, as I'm playing as Grenadier.

3. Are we allowed to use Path of War Martial Traditions to swap around Discpline Access for basically free?

4. Can the Dragon Magazine Metamagic Feat, Easy Metamagic be allowed? It reduces the Level increase of 1 Metamagic Feat I already posses by 1.
    1. Yes
    2. Have enough to complete an encounter, your supplies of mundane/alchemical items can be replenished from the fleet.
    3. I will tax you a feat to tune your Traditions (or use the trait to sub out one)
    4. Approved

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    I'm gonna pitch in interest.

SECOND EDIT: Scratch that, would Karek be okay? I'm liking the memory stuff. Fleshing out the build more as Technician 20 // Mageknight 12 / X 8 // RHD 12 / Incanter 8.
    Karek is approved, make sure to tell why a Karek is playing for Team Evil

27. - Top - End - #207

Allowed

1. Yes
    2. Have enough to complete an encounter, your supplies of mundane/alchemical items can be replenished from the fleet.
    3. I will tax you a feat to tune your Traditions (or use the trait to sub out one)
    4. Approved
    Awesome, awesome. Glad to hear it! I'll just use the trait to sub out Primal Fury for Riven Hourglass then.

Are custom Casting Traditions from Sphere's allowed? Or do we need to run them by you first?

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Okay, so I might going for the Necromancer spot. Based on approvals in the thread and my own character background, I will be using Navanir, the Blood Queen of Mzali as a basis for my entry. Obviously I will be doing some rewrites in order to make her game legal, but I really like this build and adding 3.5 material really makes her an interesting type. I do have a back-up build, and therefore I have lots of questions for the DM.

1) If my character can actually get a Template completely by RAW, would I be able to take it without it counting against my total count for Templates? Namely, this would allow a normal Human character to turn into a full, free-willed Vampire at 20th level without any DM fiat. I will explain it below for full transparency, and see what you think.

Spoiler: The Vampire Trick
    Show
    Step 1: Navanir uses the obedience effect from her Demonic Obedience feat at 20th level to get the benefits of vampirism for 1d6+12 rounds, turning any old dominated commoner into a vampire under her control for that duration. Since her dominate spells effect undead as though they were humans due to Agent of the Grave, presumably she doesn't even need to use Control Undead, but it's a back-up should the spell stop working for whatever reason.

Step 2: Navanir commands her new vampiric minion to drink her blood, willingly going into the grapple. At 1d4 Con damage per round, that should end her pretty quickly. She will turn into a proper Vampire (none of that Vampire Spawn garbage).

Step 3: Navanir should retain free will and be able to take command back over the original vampire. The capstone of Agent of the Grave states that "if slain by an undead creature with the create spawn ability, the agent of death retains his Intelligence (regardless of the type of undead he is transformed into) and free will (he is never under the control of the creature that killed him)." All of the same methods apply... plus, underneath the template it's still a commoner to a 20th level PC.

Regardless of whether or not she retains control over the vampire, Navanir will become a fully fledged free vampire. So I've proven that mechanically this should work. At this point, I just want to make sure that it's cool with you that I am doing this. As I said before, I don't think it's super unbalancing, especially compared to things like Vivisectionist and Synthesist, but templates on PCs can be a grey area so I wanted to keep you in the loop.

2) Besides buying up metric tons of onyx, are there any costs associated with having undead minions at the start of the game? My WBL in the last game was tied up a lot in 'buying' corpses, but given the balance here, I'm going to assume that having some undead at game start for free won't be an issue.

3) Forgive me if this question was asked already (I've skimmed the thread but there are a lot of questions), but is retraining feats allowed?

4) Is the Targetteer Fighter variant (from Dragon Magazine #310) allowed?

5) Would you permit me to play a Smoke Elemental Creature (from Dragon Magazine #347)?
    1. Would prefer you just take the template

2. Plenty of fresh corpses available

3. As long as you don't violate prerequisites for feats/prestige classes

4. Allowed

5. Would prefer you didn't, try a belker or smoke creature template

29. - Top - End - #209

GM-in case you missed it, requesting to homebrew the tuned bowstring magic item to be transofmred into a magical ability I can apply into melee weapons (since I don't really envision my character as a "staying behind archer" type, but tuned bowstring is something I really want to have in order to be effective and helpful)
    Approved, go for it

30. - Top - End - #210

Thinking of tossing together a Doppleganger/Rogue/Chameleon // 3.5 Warlock // Divination School Savant Arcanist/Arcane Savant for the infiltrator role.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...