1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Adblock plus just got disabled

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to make it run on firefox again. I had almost forgotten how intensely annoying ads were its been so long since I had to put up with most of them.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adblock plus just got disabled

Step 1: Get uBlock Origin.

There is no step 2
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

ublock origin doesn't seem to have run into any problems, I'd just switch to that. It's the better blocker anyway.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

uBlock Origin is now "unverified", and disabled by default.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    uBlock Origin is now "unverified", and disabled by default.
    Hmmmm.

I revise my advice. Step 1: switch to Vivaldi.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

This is entirely a Firefox issue - they didn't update a certification, everything that ran on it (including ABP) broke. You'll probably want to switch browsers, at which point you can get Adblock Plus back.

Though if you're installing an adblocker anyways you might as well snag uBlock. It's pretty much strictly superior at this point.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I will be honest, I should have switched a long time ago, I just never wanted to go through the annoyance of refavoriting all my sites, relogging into everything (not all of which I even remember the info for its been so long) and so forth. So is chrome the new best choice? Is something else?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I will be honest, I should have switched a long time ago, I just never wanted to go through the annoyance of refavoriting all my sites, relogging into everything (not all of which I even remember the info for its been so long) and so forth. So is chrome the new best choice? Is something else?
    I vote for Vivaldi. It's what Opera should have been instead of turning into Chrome Light.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Appears to be fixed - I had the same problem with NoScript and it is running again now.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I personally use Chrome, but there's a lot of good options. Most of them can also import bookmarks, saved logins, etc.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Appears to be fixed - I had the same problem with NoScript and it is running again now.
    Yup. Once they traced the problem it was simply a matter of renewing the certificates in question and waiting for peoples' browsers to ping home for updates (which went faster for those who participate in Studies, since the browser is pinging frequently).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth
    My NoScript and AdBlock are still disabled. There was a notice last night that a fix would be applied, with no further action necessary, but is there something more I should be doing?

I did note that the function is restored more quickly if you sign up for something called “Studies,” but that feels like a backdoor attempt to get large numbers of people to sign up for their program. I’d rather not do that if at all possible, but I’d also like my add-ons back.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    My NoScript and AdBlock are still disabled. There was a notice last night that a fix would be applied, with no further action necessary, but is there something more I should be doing?

I did note that the function is restored more quickly if you sign up for something called “Studies,” but that feels like a backdoor attempt to get large numbers of people to sign up for their program. I’d rather not do that if at all possible, but I’d also like my add-ons back.
    Mozilla state the signing up to Studies being a workaround (apparently you get updates pushed out faster). Once the correct update is pushed out you can remove the consent:

Quote Originally Posted by From the linked page
    • Studies can be disabled again after the add-ons have been re-enabled
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth
    Once the correct update is pushed out you can remove the consent....
    Okay, thanks. Did just that, and things seem to be back to normal now.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post

Huh. I use Waterfox, and NoScript never stopped working for me. Admittedly it was open the entire time, so I can't be sure there's actually a connection there....

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Probably your certificate wasn't allowed to lapse. Or it has a different end date, which works out to the same thing.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Huh. I use Waterfox
    That's ok, nobody's perfect.