The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the City of Thieves OOC

Quickly, as I don't have much time to post this weekend: I say we go to that silversmith next, finish our grocery list. Then we can go sewer crashing and try to talk to some of those sea hags.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    Quickly, as I don't have much time to post this weekend: I say we go to that silversmith next, finish our grocery list. Then we can go sewer crashing and try to talk to some of those sea hags.
    Sounds good to me.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just feel like we outsourced the wrong task. We could have sent any errand boy to buy flowers and pearls - but we elected to do that ourselves, and let a priest we don't trust do our information gathering.

Eh. It's propably fine =)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Our 3-man band is missing the scholarly archetype, I believe. This is what happens. Apparently, our best information gathering technique does consist of shaking it off people.

Edit:
    "without expectation of recompense"
    Now, is that so?
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2019-10-12 at 09:02 AM.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    Our 3-man band is missing the scholarly archetype, I believe. This is what happens. Apparently, our best information gathering technique does consist of shaking it off people.
    Ever the best way of asking any question.

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    Now, is that so?
    Yes - that is so. At heart, Borgrim is kinda-sorta a gentleman. Raised proper, he was. He knows that - even from beyond the grave - if he treats women disrespecfully, his mom will come and slap him silly.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Borgrim's Mom
    Outsider (chaotic, good)

AC 23
    HP 285 (30d8+150)
    STR 20 DEX 20 CON 20 INT 20 WIS 20 CHA 20
    Skills Athletics +11, Perception +11, Stealth +11
    Senses Even from beyond the grave, she can see Borgrim not behaving proper
    CR 20

Actions
    B!itch slap Works only on men who've behaved poorly with women. Borgrim's Mom slaps them, granting 2d8+5 damage. In addition, any such man feels ashamed for the rest of the campaign, suffering disadvantage on all interactions with the opposite gender.
    Greater planeshift Borgrim's Mom can instantly travel to any location on any plan when and where there's some guy behaving ungentlemany.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    Borgrim's Mom
    Outsider (chaotic, good)

AC 23
    HP 285 (30d8+150)
    STR 20 DEX 20 CON 20 INT 20 WIS 20 CHA 20
    Skills Athletics +11, Perception +11, Stealth +11
    Senses Even from beyond the grave, she can see Borgrim not behaving proper
    CR 20

Actions
    B!itch slap Works only on men who've behaved poorly with women. Borgrim's Mom slaps them, granting 2d8+5 damage. In addition, any such man feels ashamed for the rest of the campaign, suffering disadvantage on all interactions with the opposite gender.
    Greater planeshift Borgrim's Mom can instantly travel to any location on any plan when and where there's some guy behaving ungentlemany.
    Sounds about right. Famous quotes include:

I raised you better than that, young man! and not in my house you don't! and no son of mine does anything like that - do I make myself clear?!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Baths are highly suspicious. My mother never believed so when I was a kid, neither does she now I'm an adult.

Perfume is pure fragrant Evil.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've updated the second post in this thread with a list of the potions and scrolls you've found so far. If no-one has anything much to add to the IC thread I'll move things along in a little bit.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)