The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the City of Thieves OOC

Rejected quip for my last IC post: "Fortunate it's not unicorn hair, because I've got a feeling virgins don't stay virginal long around you, Borgrim."
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    Rejected quip for my last IC post: "Fortunate it's not unicorn hair, because I've got a feeling virgins don't stay virginal long around you, Borgrim."
    That was the joke I was going for, yes - Borgrim not really being worried about finding a unicorn, but more about finding a virgin that would stay virginal long enough to serve as bait for it =)

I know ... it's dumb. I also admit I find it slightly hilarious.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, in my IC posts, text in italics without quotes " is meant to represent whatever the voices only Rosa hears are telling her. Cause you know, she's hearing them voices. In. Her. Head.

Now, we can maybe suppose Rosa vocalized the Zings. I didn't mean it to be the case, but I can roll with that. She'd thus be a little more unhinged than I planned for, but why not?
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

4. - Top - End - #154

But ... it's like, in the same sentence. But yea, sure, I suppose I get it now that you point it out. Sorry =)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, in my IC posts, text in italics without quotes " is meant to represent whatever the voices only Rosa hears are telling her. Cause you know, she's hearing them voices. In. Her. Head.

Now, we can maybe suppose Rosa vocalized the Zings. I didn't mean it to be the case, but I can roll with that. She'd thus be a little more unhinged than I planned for, but why not?
    Ah! Sorry. Let us know if you would rather retcon it.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    But ... it's like, in the same sentence. But yea, sure, I suppose I get it now that you point it out. Sorry =)
    I agree the distinction wasn't so clear, specially for those of us who see colors less clearly. Next time I'll put those on separate lines.

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    Ah! Sorry. Let us know if you would rather retcon it.
    Nah, it's funnier that way :D

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll have a post up later today. Sorry about the delay. Did any of you have an idea of where you'd like to head? A general Intelligence check (History or Cesar's background as a watchman add proficiency) would give you an idea of where you may want to start looking for something specific. If there's anything else in your background that you think may be relevant, it probably could work too. IC, it's now later afternoon.

LATE EDIT: Arggh, I won't get the post up tonight.
    Last edited by Wogwoggle; 2019-06-11 at 11:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

8. - Top - End - #158

This week has been a bit of a mess for me. I'll have a post up tomorrow.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

perception - (1d20+7)[9] for the IC thread.

I'll take the opportunity to let you know I'll be sailing on June 16th-23rd. I'll try and check this thread when near a cellular connection.

Aaaand, the RNG figured out where we went and caught up to us.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2019-06-15 at 07:49 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

10. - Top - End - #160

What, sailing? Like, on a boat? Do they still use those?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, like, on a boat. With sails. They still make them, because people still love them. For me, it's the best way to enjoy the sea.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #162

Yes, like, on a boat. With sails. They still make them, because people still love them. For me, it's the best way to enjoy the sea.
    I believe there is no finer way to enjoy the sea than to stand on a rocky shore, staring out across the waves, eyes and soul and heart filled with the prospect of eternity, the cold dark depth of the abyss, the hopeless wails of gulls and the organic smell of salt and seaweed complementing the way in which the ocean cares about you not at all, and will crush you without even noticing it - if you recklessly set forth across it's untamed wildness in some small, fragile vessel.

But, sure, ok, sailing can be fine =)

13. - Top - End - #163

I wasn't sure if César wanted to stay as César or switch to Benedict, so I used the poor Persuasion roll as an excuse to say that César was still in watch uniform .

Also, I hope you have a great time sailing, iTookUrNick! I've always enjoyed it the few times I've been sailing, though I've never sailed on the sea or ocean, only lakes.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Post! Post! Post! Post! /chant

No pressure =) I just want the GM's interpretation of Borgrims stupid rolls.

15. - Top - End - #165

Sorry everyone. I'll have a post later today.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

If this guy actually follows Grim out, we at least know he's truly courageous. They'll sing very brief songs about his bravery, and what it earned him: A place of pride in a cautionary childrens tale =)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't you see what's happening here? We're building a reputation.

18. - Top - End - #168

Can't you see what's happening here? We're building a reputation.
    Yes - it is a particularly gory style of marketing.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

See, that's the thing. It's a question of optimization, really. Decrease the gory bits to a minimum, increase the scaremongering a maximum. In the end, it's just about leveraging a small but sadly necessary amount of gory bits into a lot of posturing.

Like any kind of marketing, it's about the attitude.

20. - Top - End - #170

See, that's the thing. It's a question of optimization, really. Decrease the gory bits to a minimum, increase the scaremongering a maximum. In the end, it's just about leveraging a small but sadly necessary amount of gory bits into a lot of posturing.

Like any kind of marketing, it's about the attitude.
    Hah - yes, indeed. Actually, we should do some post work, trying to boost the story beyond what actually happened. Before we know it, Borgrim outfitted an entire regiment of troops, and encouraged them to fight him - 'just to make it a fair fight!' =)

'You and what army? Oh, you don't have one. Well, we can't have that. If you find a thousand men willing to stand with you, I'll find arms and armor for them!'

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess everyone is on vacation, as I'll soon be. (Except I won't be sailing the seven seas.)

In the meantime, IC, I was fishing for other second PC opinions about whether to go bash some more heads or call it a day.

22. - Top - End - #172

I guess everyone is on vacation, as I'll soon be. (Except I won't be sailing the seven seas.)

In the meantime, IC, I was fishing for other second PC opinions about whether to go bash some more heads or call it a day.
    My vacation begins august first, but I expect to be available regardless - if at a more patchy rate. Borgrim is mostly done for the night, his only interest right now is whether he can coax Naihm to his room. Come sunrise, he will be once more available for the bashing of heads.

23. - Top - End - #173

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I'll try to have one up later today, and I'll be back to a more consistent posting schedule from now on. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still dedicated to the running the game.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

Ok, I'll definitely have a post up tomorrow. I've been helping some friends move and its been a lot more hectic than I anticipated. Sorry for the wait folks.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Let me know if Borgrim is ... disproportionately obnoxious. I do try to stay on the ball when we have a clear goal =)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no no no... There are more than one obvious reason for which Rosa has not finished her sentence *cough* plausible deniability *cough*.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

It wasn't clear IC: To the temple I say too.

One one hand, if we don't have enough leads, I say we create some. Go to the Noose, shake some people up, break some jaws, hang people from windows, you know the drill. That's what Batman would do, and it always works out for him, doesn't it? Even if we don't find any lead, the bad guys will know we're looking for them, so they'll come looking for us!

On the other hand, I also say it's good Césedict (or is it Benesar?) keeps focused on a factual inquiry, because I don't think the two other PC have long enough attention span for that. And breaking jaws can actually get you so far...

28. - Top - End - #178

Go to temple, break jaws, steal the giant rubies from the eyes of the Crow God. Borgrim agrees heartily with this plan.,

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Go to temple, break jaws, steal the giant rubies from the eyes of the Crow God. Borgrim agrees heartily with this plan.,
    Wait, what?

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

30. - Top - End - #180

Wait, what?
    Oh, don't act all surprised about it, that's what Borgrim said all the way back at ... that house. Where we broke in. Borgrim's attention span isn't enough to recall whose house it was, or why we were there, but he's sure he mentioned robbing them blind. Including the rubies in the eyes of the giant Crow God idol (implied).