Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default What can I do with steam gems?

    I have a little over 1,700 gems in my steam account. What can I do with them? I don't really care about trading cards or booster packs or any of that type of stuff. Is there a way to turn them into cash for my steam wallet?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Trading cards. That's all.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Trading cards. That's all.
    Really? Can I at least sell them?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Really? Can I at least sell them?
    Gems are basically useless unless used for cards. You can sell sacks of gems for low prices though.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbDolphin View Post
    Gems are basically useless unless used for cards. You can sell sacks of gems for low prices though.
    Could you quantify both a "sack of gems" and "low prices" por favor?

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    https://steamcommunity.com/market/li...ck%20of%20Gems

    Looks like 1,000 gems will get you about 15 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    https://steamcommunity.com/market/li...ck%20of%20Gems

    Looks like 1,000 gems will get you about 15 cents.
    At last. I can retire.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    At last. I can retire.
    It's funny, because they make rather a big fuzz about it. There's no holiday or sale so small it doesn't require an event where you can earn more cards. And I simply cannot fathom what to use them for. It's like Steam expects the Hat nonsense from TF2 to happen again, with these cards. Like, any moment now - it's going to explode into a million dollar business. And they're just waiting for it to happen, trembling with barely contained exitement.

    I don't get it. Honestly.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rooster707's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Dallas-ish
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    It's funny, because they make rather a big fuzz about it. There's no holiday or sale so small it doesn't require an event where you can earn more cards. And I simply cannot fathom what to use them for. It's like Steam expects the Hat nonsense from TF2 to happen again, with these cards. Like, any moment now - it's going to explode into a million dollar business. And they're just waiting for it to happen, trembling with barely contained exitement.

    I don't get it. Honestly.
    You make 'em into badges! It's fun!

    But yeah, I would never spend actual money on them. I guess someone must, though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Randuir's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    You make 'em into badges! It's fun!

    But yeah, I would never spend actual money on them. I guess someone must, though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.
    I have. Or rather, I've sold cards for money and then used that money to buy cards to complete a set. They made the steam marketplace a pain to interact with so I don't do that anymore though.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What can I do with steam gems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    I have. Or rather, I've sold cards for money and then used that money to buy cards to complete a set. They made the steam marketplace a pain to interact with so I don't do that anymore though.
    My wife puts our cards up for sale, and so we've gotten a few dollars out of earning random achievement cards and such. You could do the same with gems, I suppose. Look up what games are big right now, buy cards with gems, then try to sell them for cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

    5th Edition Homebrewery

    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes while maintaining balance with default options.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •