New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default OA when enemy enters reach

It's been a while since I did any 4E stuff and I don't recall whether or not there was a way for you to get an OA when an enemy entered your reach. Anyone able to illuminate me?
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OA when enemy enters reach

Polearm Gamble feat springs to mind. It has significant prereqs and one drawback, but it definitely does the job. It even lets you OA when someone teleports next to you.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OA when enemy enters reach

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Polearm Gamble feat springs to mind. It has significant prereqs and one drawback, but it definitely does the job. It even lets you OA when someone teleports next to you.
    That is debatable, since teleports do not provoke any opportunity actions triggered by movement

No Opportunity Actions Triggered: When a target teleports, it doesn't provoke opportunity actions, such as opportunity attacks, that are triggered by movement.
    Polearm Gamble is a new trigger for opportunity actions, yes, but it is still an opportunity action triggered by movement.

Also,since opportunity actions go off before the triggering event, it would only work if they were teleporting from somewhere you had the ability to make a melee basic attack against
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro