Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 124
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Arabella seems unfazed by the multi directional onslaught and continues her assault on the Boss Krow. Her resolve is strengthened with the success of her first attack, and Arabella appears to shake off the effects of the confusion altogether. Renewed, she once again launches boulders at the bird, ignoring the retaliation from its underlings.

    That's the way Arabella! You can do it, Constance cheered from near the canoe. For his part, Tru just snores loudly in Arabella's general direction.

    Spoiler: The Sky is Falling
    Show

    Rolls from Discord since it likes me better than the forum

    Constance issues Focus Orders to Arabella. +1 To Hit

    Confusion Damage Check: 2

    Constance expends 2 Momentum make Arabella's To Hit d20 into an 11
    Arabella has 1 Momentum
    Arabella uses Rock Tomb on Boss Krow

    To Hit: 11 vs AC3+Eva
    Damage: 50 Rock Type Damage vs Defense
    Boss Krow has is Speed CS lowered by 1 on a successful hit (Forgot this last turn)
    Status Cure Check: 18
    Arabella snaps out of her confusion.

    Arabella gains 1 Momentum for hitting a tagged foe.
    Arabella gains 1 Momentum at End of Turn
    Arabella has 3 Momentum


  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret's vision was a mess of flying stone and ice. Wild battles were so much harder to keep track of! She saw a glimpse of feathers in her peripheral vision and knew Bors was near a Murkrow. Use pound!! she yelled, knowing the Whismur's voice needed some recharging right now.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Margret uses Inspired Orders to increase evasion to 3/3/2

    Bors uses Pound (1d20+1)[19] vs Murkrow 2
    (2d6+11)[21]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Under the focus of Fig's and Abella's attacks the boss Murkrow collapses still flailing and screeching wildly. Even on ground fainted it twitches periodically. Bors finishes the job the Vaporeon started with a strong blow to the side of the head on the fading Murkrow. The final remaining one looks at its fellows falling all around it and tries to take fight. It is blocked by the now clearheaded Electrike, who pounces on it and holds it to the ground in its mouth.

    With the last of the hostilities over you can safely move about. The assembled Electrike in the distance seem cautious and curious. They do not approach and give you space. Many fainted pokemon lie on the edge of the water.

    The island is not a huge one. You can see the small group of trees the Murkow came from on the left side. Down the middle is a dirt path that is slightly overgrown disappears over a small incline. You can see the top of moss covered stone over the hill. On the right is a run down boathouse. The small pier is nothing more than logs sticking out of the water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat effectively over! The final Murkrow is not fainted, but grappled by the Electrike. As the last combatant, the bulk of the fight was over. So rather than spend another round fighting the one krow, I assume you win!

    I almost forgot to award a bit of experience. This was quick and easy so you are awarded 20 Exp to your pokemon. I tend to just grant your trainers milestones rather than exp at intervals, so don't fret on that.

    Surskit, Murkow, and Electrike are available for capture.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-06-09 at 10:42 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    In the aftermath, after assuring herself that Fig was fine, she went to check on still twitching 'krow. They'd thrown a lot at him, and in Nessa's heart she just couldn't abide to see a pokemon hurt. Fig looked on cautiously whilst Nessa knelt beside the 'krow and examined it.

    Whilst she did so, she muttered quietly to it, asking how it was doing, trying to soothe the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Medicine Edu: [roll]4d6

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Seeing that the battle was over, Margret picked up Bors, the Whismur wiggling happily at its first battle. Good work Bors, she said quietly. She twisted, giving Bors a wide view of the island. Seeing the path to the moss covered rock, Margret heads that way, keeping Bors tilted slightly downward so she could see where she was stepping.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance sighs in relief as the Krows fall. She sees the last one get taken to the ground by the Elektrike, and knows the contest is over.

    Great job girl, Constance says the Arabella, giving her rocky hide a quick scratch before recalling her to the pokeball. Rest now, you've earned it.

    Now that things have settled down, Constance makes her way over to the Boss Krow and gives it a closer look.

    There is something off about this one. I have never heard of a Murkrow that could do what this one did. If no one objects, I'd love to bring it with me so I can study it.

    After Constance adds a new member:

    Constance follows along the trail with Margret towards the mossy rock, looking for signs of their key.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Perception Roll for the key or clue: 18


    If no other campers are interested in the Boss Krow, Constance will tap it with a pokeball.

    If anyone else would like it, Constance will happily defer, and try and convince one of the still conscious Surskit to join her team (I'll roll and make a post if it happens). Assuming all of that fails, she will capture a fainted one.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa takes a moment to examine the lead Murkrow and finds that it looks very sick. Its feathers are thin and fragile so that even light touches cause them to fall out. It has accumulated numerous injuries from the battle, but even not counting those, it looks like it has old scars of injuries that have not healed properly. You expect that this pokemon will need more specialized care to fully recover than a simple healing session at a pokemon center. In fact, such a session may make it worse, judging by this pokemon's behavior, it has problems at a more fundamental level. Using the move Metronome proves that. You can however, calm the suffering creature and determine that it's injuries are not fatal. It let's a garbled coo, as if something is caught in its throat even though you see no such thing.

    It seems like a good idea when Constance comes over to put the Murkrow in a pokeball. It would keep it stable long enough to get some proper treatment with the right medical resources. The ball splits open to capture the pokemon but it lingers for much longer than you'd expect. For a second, it looks like it failed but then in a flash of light the Murkrow is pulled into the ball and it shows normal.

    While she is looking around, Constance notices a pair of eyes watching them from the trees. There she can make out a Noctowl, hiding in the shadows. It sits very still and appears to be just watching. She can also see the Murkrow nest and something shiney glints from it.

    Margaret makes her way to the center of the island and Bors can see more of the stone as the two crest a small hill. The mossy stone was the top of an ancient archway that looks to have been here for many years. Beyond she can see a circular clearing with crumbling bricks making up the floor. Here you she looks up at statues of two well known Johto legends as they tower over the area; the long and graceful Lugia and the proud and magnificent Ho-oh. The detailed stonework is worn with age, but still captures an uncanny realism. Beads decorate their necks, indicating that someone has been here recently. In the center of the brick floor is a basket with Scyther picture and a key ring for each of you.

    Spoiler: Murkrow Stats
    Show
    Level 9
    Knows Astonish, Peck, Pursuit, Taunt, Swagger, Metronome.
    Ability and nature is your choice.
    It has 6 injuries, 3 of which will not heal until you can figure out what is wrong with it.
    After holding it for a while, the pokeball that captured it becomes warm to the touch.
    Loyalty is wild and this pokemon may have additional modifiers to command it until it is trained
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-06-11 at 12:35 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance is quite shocked at the condition of thr Murkrow.

    Don't worry big guy, I'll help you get better. Rest in here for now, and a little later I'll take a closer look, ok? Constance says as she puts the ball away.

    After looking around, Constance nods slightly in acknowledgement to the Noctowl, preferring not to bother the silent observer. Passing by carefully, Constance examines the Murkrow nest - the shiny object could have something to do with the boss krow's condition. Taking a look, she will try and identity it before putting it away in her bag for later.


    Walking with Margret, Constance marvels at the statues. So life like, so much detail. Someone obviously put a lot of time and care into these. It was nice to see that someone still visited them somewhat regularly, given how far off the beaten path they were.
    It's a good thing we dealt with the Murkrow menace; had the person who has been visiting these statues not been prepared they could have been in for a lot of trouble, Constance mused out loud.

    After grabbing her key ring Constance will look around for their next clue.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Perception or Poke Ed to identify the shiny object, not sure which would be better suited:
    Perception: 11
    Pokemon Education: 13

    Perception for the clue:11

    Constance will also help Margret with her key if she needs it.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret accepts help with the keys while Bors explores. Meanwhile, she releases Gawain, her Growlithe eagerly tromping around the island and sniffing at the Murkrow, but ultimately leaving them alone. When he returned, he went up and started sniffing the beads.

    She removed them from the the Lugia stature and laid them in front of Gawain, who eagerly sniffed them and looked them over. Unfortunately, Growlithe were color-blind, so she couldn't see color. Constance. are there any color patterns on these beads? Gawain can't see color.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Be careful with him," Nessa advised cautiously. "He's really quite unwell. And not just in a been-hit-by-rocks way. I think you'd need a proper medical researcher to work out what's wrong." And Nessa was going to be there when they did. Some strange new disease in pokemon, that was worrying sure, but more than that Nessa wanted to see what sort of equipment and training these researchers would have access to.

    She joined Constance and Margaret under the statues and accepted her keyring- never had one of these at home: mom wouldn't have trusted me. Something Margaret said sounded odd to Nessa, but she was still wondering about the krow and the keyrings, so didn't pick up on it. She too examined the key ring and basket for any signs of where they should go next.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance nods as Nessa speaks. Definitely. There is something very off about the Murkrow, and I want to see him get better. I plan to get him attention as soon as possible, and in the mean time I will try and see what I can do for him. I'd be happy to have any assistance you can provide. I am better at understanding how Pokemon think and act than I am with their physiology.

    Constance also misses the context of Margret's request, still thinking about the Murkrow and not paying proper attention. She lets Marget know what colour the beads are.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Upon investigating the Murkrow's nest, you find that they seem to have a small collection of shiny things. Coins and other bits of metal make up the bulk of it, but the largest trinket is a halfway covered disc that you might place into a PC. Constance sees that it can serve as an Upgrade for a Porygon. There is also a pile of junk that is not as shiny, though it looks like they tried. Some of that junk consists of half full containers of chemicals that may be useful for Nessa.

    Examining the beads, there is not much to discern about them. They appear handmade rather than mass produced. The lugia beads are three colors in sequence; a deep purple, a dark indigo, and a sky blue. The thread laced between then is green. Their meaning is not clear. You can see the Ho-oh beads are far more colorful, featuring all the colors of the rainbow.

    While searching for the next clue, you remember the last note mentioning following the tracks of Mia's pokemon. Glancing out over the water, can make out the impressive antlers of a Stantler looking your way, likely waiting for you. It stands on the western edge of the lake and when it catches you looking it's way, it begins to trot away through the park. You can also make out a group of campers in that direction who seem to be milling about, not doing anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You find $120 in coins in the nests, $300 in scrap that can be used to craft with, and one Upgrade item.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance descries the beads to Margret, and lets Nessa know about the chemicals in the nest.
    I am not sure what they are, but they may be of some use to you. I also found some coins, scrap and what appears to be an evolution item for Porygon. Looks like the birds have been busy.

    Looking out over the water, Constance realizes that they have another paddling trip ahead of them
    Back to sea for us it seems, she says cheerfully as she reboards the canoe.

    After reaching the other side, Constance keeps an eye on the Stantler to make sure they do not lose track of it. Assuming the Stantler doesn't appear to be in too much of a hurry, Constance will approach the other group of campers.

    Hi guys, enjoying camp so far? How goes the hunt for your cabin?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Constance offers to split the coins and salvage evenly
    Perception roll for the crossing/landing to assess the situation: 20



  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As Gawain and Margret reached the other shore, she was torn. On one hand she could go say hello to the campers, but on the other ... that Stantler probably wasn't going to wait for them and her first priority was reaching camp successfully.

    However, she had little hope to track the stantler. Gawain could, but with his nose to the ground, he wouldn't be helping her not fall flat on her face. So she went with Constance, not saying anything, but looking to see if any of them were part of their program.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa was not as thrilled as Constance to be reembarking on the boat, but she was not one to voice a complaint unless she had to, so under Fig's stern gaze Nessa hopped into the canoe, helping Margaret to know where to step.

    Once on the other side of the lake, Nessa left Constance talking to the other group, whilst she went in search of the stantler: she knew some stuff about the wilderness, but hardly enough to track effectively. She hoped that what she had would be enough.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival to track: (2d6)[5]

    Nessa takes $40 from the stash.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The Stantler trots off westward and even before your canoe lands. It leaves your sight range but Constance and Nessa can find the very recent tracks it left behind. Gawain can also smell its musky scent strongly in the air. It doesn't seem difficult to follow it while the trail is fresh.

    As you approach the other group of campers, they are gathered around one of their members who is sitting on the ground. The boy is overweight and seems to be struggling to breathe. You can see a Ledian on each of their name tags. The boy on the ground is named Chase. The two girls standing around him trying to help have nametags that read Sam and Ajax. The last boy named Justin, approaches you when Constance talks. He looks like he's geared up for an all day hiking trip with a utility vest, framed backpack, and tent on his back. A Joltik sits on his shoulder.

    "Hey there! Don't come too close now, please. We've already been attacked by the Pinsir campers. We don't have anything to steal anymore, not even our cabin keys. We're just trying to get to the camp and sort this all out. Chase here has asthma, and they took his inhaler too. Please tell me you're one of the friendly groups."

    Spoiler: Constance
    Show
    Sam looks vaguely familiar to you. Perhaps someone you've seen in classes?


    Spoiler: Ajax
    Show
    Camp so far for Ledian group was off to a rough start. After your Counselor Bruce sent you off on your way, Justin badly wanted to watch the friendly battle some of the other campers were having out in the open field. You obliged, with the rest of the group in no particular hurry.

    However, once it was over and you made your way down Memorial Trail, you found campers from team Pinsir opening up your package and taking the berries. They used their stronger pokemon to bully Chase and Sam and ran off with your berries and Chase's inhaler. You were still able to make your way to your next clue, but your keys for your cabin were not to be found but Ajax could recognize Henry's Wartortle's tracks.

    You stopped to take a rest, debating if you should use your pokegear to call your councilor or if you should solve the problem yourself. This may after all be intended at a pokemon training camp. Maybe this will help you in the future when you are alone in the wilderness to get to your cabin despite the interference.

    Shortly after, you see Scyther group campers approaching. Justin volunteers to greet them and make sure they aren't trying to start trouble too.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    We've got no interest in being unkind. Mostly we just want to reach our own cabin. Which group was Pinsir again? She turned to her own groupmate. Was that the one who had the Wartortle that I made upset?

    She turned back to the others. Regardless, I can say for sure we aren't going to try anything nasty.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    One of the girls standing over Chase looks to Margaret on hearing the word, 'wartortle.' Her jigglypuff seems more attentive to the gasping boy and is trying to give him a back rub. Neither really know how best to help.

    "A wartortle beat us to our key spot," says Ajax. "Probably the same one. I found tracks." She nods in Chase's direction. "If we follow them, we'll find his inhaler, too."
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy, Jek-Jek.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance attempts to avoid making eye contact with Sam. The last thing she wants to to be recognized from back home. She was happy not being a LeFleur and wanted to keep it that way. Still, she couldn't just stand back and let things stay the way they were.

    Nodding in agreement with Marget, Constance says We definitely aren't looking to cause any trouble, and I do not think their behaviour is an expected part of camp. I know they want to prepare us for life ahead, but mugging someone and taking their medicine is a crime anywhere. I would suggest calling your Councillor. Chase could seriously die out here without it. We may be able to get the inhaler back before help arrives, but there is no reason not to make a call as well.

    Constance looks over at Ajax, since she seems to be the most vocal. We had a minor run in with the Pinsir group earlier. They definitely seemed to be ready to cause trouble. How exactly did this all play out? Why would they have taken the inhaler?

    Constance was curious as to why they would take the keys and the inhaler. There was no benefit, and it would be obvious that the items were stolen. The berries they could explain away, but personal items not so much. Being evil for evil's sake was something she had seen back home and had really hoped she was done with.

    Getting the items back was not going to be easy. Constance and her friends has just been through a tough fight with the Murkrow, and type wise there were not well suited for the challenge. But the important things in life were never easy, and the health of a camper lay in the balance. Hopefully the Ledian campers did enough damage that Henry and his friends would back down from a united front without a fight.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "I dunno. To establish dominance, maybe. Like mankeys." Ajax shrugs and shakes her head. "It doesn't matter! The point is we need it back."

    She looks to Justin. "I'm going to see how far the tracks lead. Was there anything else in our clue from earlier?"
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy, Jek-Jek.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa sidestepped the introductions and took Ajax's place beside the asthmatic boy and tried to help him. She began asking questions but upon seeing his pained expression remembered that gasping was probably his limit right about now. Nevermind, she'd done this with pokemon enough times:

    "Hi there, my names Nessa. Don't worry about talking. Just nod for yes and shake your head for no. Is that ok?"

    "First thing is I need you to sit upright, yep just like that and try to calm. That's right, everything's going to be ok. We'll get your inhaler back. Just take deep breaths."
    Nessa prattled off a load of questions about the boy's pokemon and journey to the park to help him calm, whilst she tried to help him get his breath back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Med Edu: (4d6)[15]

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Yeah, it's time for them to learn a lesson, Margret said. Call your counselor, but there's no reason for us to not take it back,

    Except, you know, that his Pokemon will crush Gawain like a Donphan smashes pistachios.
    But still, she was angry and frustrated. He was clearly just a bad person and needed to be stood up to.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2019-06-20 at 04:30 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance agrees, although she is also wary of a potential conflict. Still she would rather risk failure knowing she was doing the right thing than turn away and be safe. It's not like failure was a foreign concept anyway.

    Chase needs help and we are the only ones who can do it. Let's see if we can follow the trail.

    Constance was still lost in thought, creating various plans for when they met up with the Pinsir group. Hopefully one of her companions was paying more attention to the trail.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception to find the Pinsir trail: (4d6)[5]
    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-06-21 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Constance would be lucky to find the lake with that roll

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa sits down with Chase and under her calm directions. He moves his head in reply to her questions. Under her care, he slowly begins to regain his breath. Nessa determines that it appears his asthma is triggered by overexertion so sitting still should eventually clear up his throat. He shouldn't be running anytime soon though.

    Justin is relieved to find that your group appear to be friendly and all his suspicion melts away in an instant. "Well that's good to hear! We caught them first at Memorial Trail, taking our berries! We tried to stop them but their pokemon are strong! That girl's Heracross was like, pow! And his Wartortle was like whoosh! They got a couple hits in on our pokemon and ran off! I thought we'd seen the last of them, but then they were at our second clue too! It just told us to tip toe through a crowd of Pineco without making them self destruct, but they were there and set off a bunch on us! That's when they snatched Chase's inhaler. One of those guys had a pokemon I'd never seen before take it! I bet they took it to slow us down or something. Maybe they think this is some kind of race? The boy acted out each scene as he told the story quickly, gesturing with his whole body during the battles.

    He stops to consider your advice. "Maybe we should call someone...but camp has to be close right? They aren't going to look down on us for calling for help? Well, from the adults anyways. It sounds like you owe them one too. Those guys are real trouble. The last clue unfortunately doesn't help us much, and they have the one that came with the keys, I think. I really appreciate your help, but someone has got to stay with Chase. Here let me give you my number in case anything happens." After handing out his number, Justin begins to dial up his counselor.

    Sam meanwhile is too busy to take much notice of Constance. She turns to Nessa and speaks quietly, "I think I can watch him if you want to help your group. They have really strong pokemon." Chase's breathing is still labored but he is no longer gasping for air. He just nods at Sam and points to his bag. She reaches in and pulls out two Potions and hands them to Nessa. "You might need these if you fight them."


    The wartortle's tracks are easy to pick out from the multitude of human tracks in the park. The journey takes over a small grassy hill and you can see a small creek down below. It only seems like twenty minutes of brisk walking before you hear splashing water and voices ahead. From this vantage point, you can see four campers down before and Henry's shining hair stands out like a beacon. They appear stopped and taking drinks from the water and do not notice your approach.

    Spoiler: Ajax
    Show
    Ajax would know that Chase's Porygon, Sam's Meowth, and Justin's main pokemon a Butterfree took some nasty hits during their encounters. The pokemon that stole the inhaler belonged to Drake, the boy of few words. Your pokegear can identify it as a Mimikyu.

    The Wartortle's tracks lead westward, as you already discovered, though slightly off course from the Stantler tracks Scyther group was following.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "That's fine," says Ajax as Justin gets out his phone to make the call. "They're not gonna dock us for letting them know when someone's suffocating. Maybe you can bring him to Scyther Cabin and meet them there?"

    After establishing who is coming along, Ajax quickly walks by to pick up her Jigglypuff. That is, she literally picks him up. He's not very heavy. "Come on, Iggy. We're going after them."

    Iggy clings to Ajax's backpack as though riding on his trainer's back is somehow routine, then leans over her shoulder apprehensively. "...iiig?"

    "The pokemon with the inhaler hid it inside its hand-puppet thing that it was wearing," Ajax explains as she leads the hunting party. "Iggy and I tried to get it back, but it turned out to be a ghost-type that we couldn't fight. My camera tagged it as a Mimikyu?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Ajax wouldn't know much about it, being from Kanto. Then again, maybe a few Mimikyu hand out in Viridian Forest or something hoping to be confused with their cute rivals, and even then she doesn't know about the local superstitions that always turn out to be true facts because magic is real.
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy, Jek-Jek.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret was getting more and more peeved at these idiots. They were just jerks. And she had had it. Gawain led her out to the water and she turned her face towards not towards the boy with the Wartortle, but the boy with the Ratata whom he'd tried to trade away. What was his name? Joey?

    We're here for the inhaler and the berries, she said. You could have killed him by taking it. He had an asthma attack without medicine.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance was nervous as the inevitable confrontation began. She always knew were it was headed, but still had Butterfree dancing in the pit of her stomach.
    A physical fight was not a foregone conclusion though, so Constance went back to what had worked before. Henry may be a bit out of control, but his sister definitely seemed more self aware. And with the insights her past gave her, she hoped her approach would work as well now as it did back at the Daycare.

    Looking not at the hothead Henry, but at his more calculating sister, Constance speaks.

    In fact, he may still die. Imagine the buzz that would create. Camera crews from all over, investigations into how it happened. Good thing there were multiple witnesses to the whole ordeal; they would ensure there was no doubt as to the sequence of events.
    I can see the headlines now. "Wealth Family Scions Terrorize Summer Camp: Sadistic Siblings Thrill Kill on the Wooded Hills" Your family would be absolutely... famous... for generations. Such a legacy for your family name. Oh, parent's can only dream of having offspring of such renown. I can picture the looks on their faces as they give their first interviews as the press barges into their home with news of your actions...

    Constance trails off at the end, leaving the last sentence hanging for the theives to fill in.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa was loathe to leave her charge: he might be alright now but a relapse could be dangerous. And she didn't have the right medicine to help this sort of condition! She felt so useless: she knew a dozen different ways to treat an open wound, and always carried bandages. She could splint a break. But chronic injuries were something she couldn't solve. Like Alice's.

    Fig prodded her in the side, and she looked up to see the others walking away. Fig prodded her again. The nidoran wasn't imploring, but rather implacable. She had to go look after her new friends: they would need her much more if they got into a fight. And she couldn't do anything here. But still... she hated to leave things unfinished.

    With an apology and some quick advice not to go anywhere until she was back, Nessa left Chase and hurried after the group. When they found the others, her and Fig took up a position at the back of the group. "If this comes to a fight, I'll make sure our pokemon end up alright ok?" She muttered to her team.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The Pinsir campers turn as you approach. Joey stammers speechlessly at Margret, not sure how to reply to the accusations. Henry puts on an incredulous face as you speak. What are you scrubs on about? We took some berries by mistake, sure. They weren't labeled properly! We definitely didn't take anyone's medicine. We're witnesses too, ya know. You are all crazy, right? Drake did we take that fatty's medicine?"

    The punk looking boy keep his hands innocently in his pockets, "No way, we didn't touch it. What kind of monster would do that?" A creepy cloth covered pokemon bobbed up and down at his feet and seemed to whisper in ghastly voice. "Oh wait, I think Mimi found something. She picked up that kid's thing. Well, you heard them. He needs it." The pokemon scuttled away like it was clutching at something selfishly.

    "It doesn't look like she wants to give it up." Henry observes. "Guess we have to give her something she wants in exchange. I'd hate to trouble father with such a terrible headline. What does she want?"

    Drake leans down to have a conversation with his pokemon "She wants to see some blood. What's that? All off us? Well I dunno, you won't just give it to us? Dang, that's cold. You're one evil pokemon. Sorry, guys she can't be reasoned with." He throws his hands up in defeat.

    Henry snaps his fingers in frustration, "Guess it can't be helped. Well, maybe we can use this to our advantage. Our pokemon would crush yours, no offense. It's simply logical. Why don't we see what our new adoptees can do? They need to learn to fight properly too you know. And we don't have to stomp your best friends into the ground. I'd love to see that useless pokemon you got from the daycare in action. What do you say, would that satisfy Mimi?"

    Drake shrugs, "Yeah, I guess so."

    Spoiler: Insight 5
    Show
    This behavior feels very rehearsed and Drake seems annoyed by it at the end.
    Spoiler: Insight 10
    Show
    The Mimikyu does not seem to be acting and is very serious about wanting to keep the inhaler.


    Spoiler: Pokemon edu 10
    Show
    The Mimikyu does seem to be communicating with Drake, though how he knows what it says is a mystery.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-06-24 at 10:01 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "No, that's extortion," says Ajax. "I've got a better idea. Iggy, go sing to her."

    "Ig!"

    The Jigglypuff hops to the ground and waddles toward the Mimikyu, more confident in this relatively friendly encounter than the clown fiesta that was their last meeting.
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy, Jek-Jek.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •