Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ifingr Online [Pathfinder 1.0]

Vin Seen, playing Vin Barlow the Gnoll Aetherkineticist (VMC Air Wizard)

Spoiler: Details
    Show

(Image commissioned from Acrid)

Vin Seen was born to a middle-class family whose position had managed to survive the transition from better times. While the insurance industry was hit hard by the sudden shifts- too many promises made under old assumptions- the actuaries were snapped up for government positions assessing risks to entire potential city locations. This left enough money to educate Vin enough to earn him a position as software developer at a mid-sized manufacturing plant, a relatively cushy position compared to what some people had to do to make ends meet. I left him enough money and time to pursue the pricier side of the VR revolution, t-jack games. That the mods were useful for work just helped him secure his position better. In his free time, he played with friends- mostly superhero sims, but at least dabbling in anything along the sci-fi/fantasy spectrum. He also had a side business of some amateur VR work, mostly simple educational software and a cheap game or two that traded more on a gimmick than quality.

When Kage came to him with an in on getting in on a cutting-edge game before it hit the public, Vin was all to happy to cash in his accrued holidays and sign on. With an initial plan to try out a couple different builds to test the system out, his first character isn't much more than a self-insert with powers.
    Last edited by QuidEst; 2019-05-13 at 11:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Character sheet updated with traits, background skills, and a flaw. Muir has become more intimidating, more perceptive, and prideful to a fault.
    The Bear is Back.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuidEst View Post
    Gotta be honest man, you coming in here with that adorable nerdy dog boy, it's unfair to the competition. How we supposed to compete with adorable nerdy dog boys?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Gotta be honest man, you coming in here with that adorable nerdy dog boy, it's unfair to the competition. How we supposed to compete with adorable nerdy dog boys?
    Spoiler: The perfect solution
    Show
    You join them:

I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Hyenas are actually closer to cats than dogs. Hey, I take any advantage I can get. (But seriously, thanks!)
    Last edited by QuidEst; 2019-05-14 at 10:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuidEst View Post
    Hyenas are actually closer to cats than dogs. Hey, I take any advantage I can get. (But seriously, thanks!)
    Aw man, cats on the internet? The winning combination.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: Ifingr Online [Pathfinder 1.0]

New page, new submissions, updated table:
    In-game Character Out-of-game Character Race/Class Player Background?
    Muir_MŲrtelblut Bastian Brenner Dwarf Paladin purepolarpanzer yes
    Gye Lyong Ryo Sochun Suli multiclass CoreBrute23 yes
    Ne0phyte Sean Moore Aasimar Oracle Lionheart yes
    AstralCollision Sophie Cadieux Human Unchained Scout Elíthe Ellie yes
    BlueFlame Shen Half-Faerie Dragon Sorcerer Greenflame133 yes
    Roland Henrik(username)/Will Gnome Bard RoTWS yes
    Vin Barlow Vin Seen Gnoll Kineticist QuidEst yes

Iíve decided to go with a human fighter specializing in archery. Iíll aim to have it done by end of tomorrow.

EDIT: Iíd love to play but canít quite piece together a character Iíd enjoy playing. Iím repectfully bowing out, and wish best of luck and a fun time to all other players
    Last edited by Libro; 2019-05-15 at 05:39 PM.
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

Recently returned from an extended hiatus.
    Spoiler: Extended signatures
    Show
    Both of the following are not up-to-date, but will be in the next few weeks.My Homebrew.
    Extended Signature.

War Doctor avatar by linkele.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I have my idea pretty fleshed out in my head now. Moreso for the player than for the character, but I guess that kind of makes sense.

Spoiler: The Player: fishMongrel
    Show
    Karen is 14 years old, born and raised on a spent oil platform that was remodeled into a desalination plant twenty years ago and has since become the center of what is effectively a floating frontier town. It's not exactly prime real estate, but there are a number of these springing up around the planet in response to Earth's shrinking landmass, to the point where Fast Food has started catering to them as a market.

She only recently got a Neuro-VR headset, for school. Her mom refused to let her use one until it was absolutely required, fearing for her developing brain chemistry. Most of Karen's gaming knowledge for the platform is secondhand from guides and reviews and pop-culture references. It's all tropes and analysis, no firsthand experience. She does have an impressive library of old-school games on her tablet, though.

Her parents are both chemists to some degree. Her dad works at the desalination plant itself, and her mom worked as the town's only pharmacist. She recently lost her job to a kiosk thing that makes fewer mistakes than humans and that cheerfully fills prescriptions for drugs you don't need. The plant doesn't hire full-time workers, but they do seem okay with Dad working double hours to make up for it while Mom settles into the full-time parenting role she never really wanted.

FM: ! I mean, don't get me wrong! I love my mom!
    FM: ... But I think she invested a lot of herself in the idea of having a career. Way more than dad did.
    FM: ... I guess for some reason it's easier to simulate decades of medical education than to simulate a monkey with a checklist.

PP: I see! Are you angry with the device manufacturer, then? Or with the convenience store that implemented it?
    FM: ? I don't know, both I guess?
    FM: ... Sorry, I'm just blowing off steam.
    FM: ... Here's the character sheet I have so far:
    FM: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1910196

PP: An alchemist?
    FM: ! Yeah!
    FM: ... I kind of want to try out the new crafting system in NVR.
    FM: ... I can already tell it's not a great support class, though. I might switch to barbarian or something later.

Spoiler: The Character: Jekkel Gorjek (Now with sheet!)
    Show
    Jekkel is a tiefling with gray skin, sickly yellow horns, and a prehensile tail with a little yellow claw on the end. His tough, chemical-resistant clothing was woven by kobolds using silk from exotic spiders deep underground, and would probably be considered the height of fashion if not for the weird stains and the mismatched magic gloves that were clearly stolen from the body of an unlucky rogue. His talking animation shows him pushing up his heavy safety glasses.

Yes, he's a Homestuck fantroll. This is what happens when our OCs make their own OCs.

Thanks to his fiendish appearance, Jekkel has an easier time dealing with goblins and kobolds than with humans. Kobolds love poisoning their traps and goblins love shoveling drugs into their mouths. Despite Jekkel's lacking social skills, they seem to consider him a comrade as a fellow monster and helped him earn his crafting chops from their lair in the game's starting area. The local goblins have endearingly nicknamed him Jek-Jek.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-05-16 at 05:42 PM.
    Leo, Minnie, Jek-Jek, Timmy.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

So came up with and added a fake class description for the multi-class Gye Lyong is doing called The Lunar Artist. A completely original idea, don't know what you're talking about, never heard of any moonlight sculptor .

But yeah, it's a name and a class description. I didn't put the names of any gods because I don't know if we are using Golarian or not, but it's some kind of enlightenment god/goddess, it would be especially nice if they are tied to the Moon in someway. I also gave him a couple of ranks in craft [painting] and an artist kit because it felt thematically appropriate for the class.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

So came up with and added a fake class description for the multi-class Gye Lyong is doing called The Lunar Artist. A completely original idea, don't know what you're talking about, never heard of any moonlight sculptor .

But yeah, it's a name and a class description. I didn't put the names of any gods because I don't know if we are using Golarian or not, but it's some kind of enlightenment god/goddess, it would be especially nice if they are tied to the Moon in someway. I also gave him a couple of ranks in craft [painting] and an artist kit because it felt thematically appropriate for the class.
    To my knowledge, there is a lot of gods around here and odds are there is something that will fit your character if we end up in a group together I could convert to pretending to worship the moon as this sounds like a really fun idea.

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    To my knowledge, there is a lot of gods around here and odds are there is something that will fit your character if we end up in a group together I could convert to pretending to worship the moon as this sounds like a really fun idea.
    Sure that's fine with me-how the gods feel about pretend worshiping is up to the gods. My character doesn't really understand what following a god means, but once he realises he's trapped in a game, he's going to really learn what it means to be enlightened.

If you want, we could have been friends before the Beta so you told me to pick Draconic, so we could have a somewhat secret language, since /whisper wouldn't really be a thing in VR.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure that's fine with me-how the gods feel about pretend worshiping is up to the gods. My character doesn't really understand what following a god means, but once he realises he's trapped in a game, he's going to really learn what it means to be enlightened.

If you want, we could have been friends before the Beta so you told me to pick Draconic, so we could have a somewhat secret language, since /whisper wouldn't really be a thing in VR.
    This could work, altho.. just keep in mind, humans have a hard time speaking Draconic. This acually brings up a question of Players voice vs Avatars voice. There may be a messaging system, there was in Log Horizon and SAO had like email system? Also if they know themselves outside of the game your PC may know a bit more about Shen than everybody else, for example, how dense of an egg they are.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

This could work, altho.. just keep in mind, humans have a hard time speaking Draconic.
    I have never seen that been an issue in Pathfinder. And my character's not human he's Suli.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Most domains have the Golarion pantheon. Some of them have individual deities or pantheons outside of that, though.

All of your characters were friends before game start - you know each other at least a little.

This could work, altho.. just keep in mind, humans have a hard time speaking Draconic. This acually brings up a question of Players voice vs Avatars voice. There may be a messaging system, there was in Log Horizon and SAO had like email system? Also if they know themselves outside of the game your PC may know a bit more about Shen than everybody else, for example, how dense of an egg they are.
    There is an in game messaging system.
    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Aiva avatar by Noel. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome! More meta-gaming powers. This reminds me, I still don't know what's my familiars lv 1 ability.

I have never seen that been an issue in Pathfinder. And my character's not human he's Suli.
    It's more of a fluff thing.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Here I am at the last minute possible, Gaius Slatefingers.
    Avatar drawn by AmberVael, many praises and prayers be to she.
    I am writing a post-love romance novel. Please ask me about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

All right, after much deliberation I've settled on the following party. If you weren't accepted, I want to assure you that it's not in any way because your character wasn't good. There were more good character submissions than I have room for, and in the end I had to settle on this group even though there were other characters I'd like to have in my game. The following characters have been selected:

Player: Character: Race: Class: Alignment: Other notes:
    QuidEst Vin Seen Gnoll Kineticist LN Aether element
    Lionheart Sean Moore Agathion-Blooded Aasimar Oracle NG Winter mystery
    El'the Ellie Sophie Cadieux Human Unchained Rogue (Scout) CG
    CoreBrute23 Ryo Sochung Suli Unchained monk/Paladin/Oracle LG Lunar mystery
    Dr.Gunsforhands Jekkel Gorjek Tiefling Alchemist LE
    Cardea Gaius Slatefingers Dwarf Wizard LN

If you're on the list, congratulations! The OOC thread for the game is here, and the IC thread will be up shortly.

Thank you all for applying, and I wish you the best of luck in your future games. Let me know if you want to be considered as an alternate if someone drops from the game.
    Last edited by steinulfr; 2019-05-16 at 07:42 PM.
    I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Aiva avatar by Noel. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tag me in if you need a sub! Good luck, all!
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Have a fun time folk! I would like to be on an alternate list, just in case.