New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: So how do I handle this fellow PC doing ____.

This sounds like one of those oddball DM "experiments" where some goal is created and then some impossible-to-believe collection of misfits is assembled to try and accomplish said goal ("melting pot campaign"). Sometimes it's just the DM... maybe they got bored with the normal set-up and wanted to see "what would happen if..." Or sometimes one or more players are "in" on the deal. But, it can go bad in a hurry if everyone isn't OK with it. And it sounds from the OP like this wasn't part of the campaign opening.

So, the only difference between ally and enemy is which end of the sword you are on. And a character as disruptive as this one is making it hard to keep seeing them as an ally. In character, accuse the Grim-Reaper-Wannabe of colluding with the enemy - since he is impeding the path to the goal - and let the chips fall where they may. And if the player says, "It's what my character would do," tell them to find another character.

Just my 2 cents..
    "Save your tears, my fetid friends, the dead have Wept enough!"
    The Tears of Blood Campaign Setting Updated 15 Dec 2019
    From the Tears of Blood GiTP Forums 2004-09: "20 million dead. Whatcha gonna do with 20 million dead? You can’t bury ‘em, no time or energy to dig the graves. You could chuck ‘em somewhere out of the way. Or you could burn ‘em. But, but what if those things angered someone, or put a bad curse on 'em? Maybe gettin’ rid of ‘em is better. Just a thought. Hey, you could help us!"

2. - Top - End - #62

This goes back to the whole...evil characters should have good reasons to not attack their group. My character is currently evil due to an incident that switched my alignment (other players haven’t picked up on it yet). I don’t attack them because they are my protection. My character self centered and greedy now.

Sounds like the best story option is to simply not revive his pain in the ass. Lol

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

My current evil character in a good party is a charlatan background faux noble who is using their goodness to his own ends.
    Killing my comrades is counterproductive.

The OP's dude is killing the buzz.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Kurageous View Post
    My current evil character in a good party is a charlatan background faux noble who is using their goodness to his own ends.
    Killing my comrades is counterproductive.

The OP's dude is killing the buzz.
    Indeed. I could play a chaotic evil bastard who is the party's best friend. It wouldn't even be hard. It's also the kind of thing I would hash out in a Session 0 with the party.

This sounds like a problem player who made a problem character.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

There is a law for all evil characters. DO NOT MESS WITH THE PARTY!

They are your spectators to greatness, the witnesses to your attrocities, the pawns for your power. Seriously, any evil character who harms the party is a bad character who shouldn't have joined in the first place.

I've done all shades of evil, and my group loves it. I do the things the party wouldn't be willing to do, and help them towards their own ends. I'm often the first to hand my friends/pets/servants potions, or try and protect them. This applies to Chaotic Evil and Lawful Evil both.

I agree with everyone else who says just kill the bastard. He's not a good character, killing someone as the cleric is super easy, you're saving lives, and you have the most to gain. I do want to know what the relationship was with the necromancer. Was your cleric a friend? Are you disgusted he did so? Did he ever pay for his crime?

6. - Top - End - #66

The story of the necromancer and the Death yandere.
    They have been in a spat since session 1.5. the necromancer required aid. The necromancer thought using a charm person spell on the death wanabee was a good idea.Thus urge to kill them have been steadily growing.
    The cleric is using his higher knowledge and persuasion skills to say and I quote from a session ago." I can help you find more people to kill."being the small and squishy halfling knowledge cleric.this worked out however I being the protector aasimar life cleric have decided it was easier to point the murderer at tougher foes,waiting for him to be to low on hp to fight back than just ya know leave them chained up somewhere, Or use divine intervention should he try to attack me.
    Also to any who are wondering yes it's a Hodge podge melting pot game we are all talking about it out of character but I still don't like the being threatened. They left me with an illusion that I was next.
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2019-05-16 at 02:19 PM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

The dude needs an attitude check. Take him out in his sleep, break the scythe, refuse to heal him, do whatever. Make him regret his crimes.
    Have you considered an axe?
    Quotes from my adventuring party:
    "They're not really innards anymore. They're out-ards."
    "Your lower back burns from the death glare of a dwarf."
    "What's Thor gonna do, zap me?"
    "Is it drugs?"
    "I set my weapons on the ground." "Do you set your brain down, too?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    So in my current irl game I play at a college. we have a character (fighter ek lawful evil), who has the goal of making his cursed scythe be strong enough to eat souls. He has threatened to kill every npc and pc but because our dm had a stronger npc beat him back into his place he has calmed down on the npc murder front.
    However He killed a PC in their home by cutting their head off. (The PC in question had been feuding with him as a necromancer.) He has threatened my PC (cg aasimar protector life cleric me), he is saying the same excuse of it's what my character would do. So should I retaliate or just let him die I have been healing him.
    Spoiler: story reasons
    Show
    Side note story reasons two clerics and two weirdos are tasked by divinity to save a princess who is keeping the peace but she is constantly in another castle

Spoiler: characters
    Show
    ugai fighter rock gnome ek mass murderer
    Blaze tabaxi necromancer wizard
    Angela Ziegler (mercy)(heros never die) life cleric
    Pip halfling Lightfoot cleric of knowledge
    I'd find a new group. I pretty much ban attempts to solve intra-party conflict with violence. By extension that means characters who would solve intra-party conflict with violence because "it's what they would do" are also banned.
    Last edited by FilthyLucre; 2019-05-20 at 01:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Kurageous View Post
    It's your DMs fault.

If you want to be a DM, you need to set ground rules. One of mine is no PVP, period. Another is you must build a character that can work well with others, and whose goals are not mutually exclusive of others.

This player is a jerk. A DM that lets a player threaten or bully other characters is not in control of the game.

Unless of course that's the game everyone wants to play. I personally don't want to DM it.
    ^ This, exactly.

10. - Top - End - #70

Lizardfolk

alternate: kill him to dead. Then, when everyone says, "but you're a cleric!" -

"I wouldn't worship a god who wouldn't protect me". Then just say another god spoke to you and gave you their blessing, and tell the DM you want to change domains.

So for generations did the sainted skull of Caius Anicius Magnus Furius Camillus Æmilianus Cornelius Valerius Pompeius Julius Ibidus, consul of Rome, favourite of emperors, and saint of the Romish church, lie hidden beneath the soil of a growing town. At first worshipped with dark rites by the prairie-dogs, who saw in it a deity sent from the upper world..
    - H.P. Lovecraft, "Ibid".

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    Well he keeps threatening me the life cleric so I kinda feel less obligated to care. But I'm making very litteral healing is important Hippocratic oath I have a medicine kit I use once I'm put of slots I buy healing potions for NPCs kinda super doctor. And he just wants to kill me.
    Healing him causes more harm than good. Letting him die is going to cause more good than harm.

You could even just kill him the next time he threatens your life because no one, not even a goodie two shoes, is going to realistically just sit there an accept that, especially when hes proven to murder people. What's the difference between this guy aside from any bandit, goblin, orc, or what ever else you guys have fought and killed simply because you were asked to or because they attacked you first (what this PC has done) aside from the fact your character knows his name. Answer? Nothing.

Your "Hippocratic oath" doesn't mean **** to the bandits your stabbing it hitting with sacred flame, so why does it suddenly matter with this guy?

Talk to him and/or your DM before the next game and get him to get his **** in order. If the DM doesn't side with you on this topic, be a little concerned. Then the next time he gets low health from being the dumbass that he is, don't heal him, or kill him when he threatens you're life again... Or beat him within an inch of his, and remember to use his own justification if "it's what your character would go". If the DM is on his side even then, I'm sorry but you may need to find it make a new group to play with.

You can even use it as a role play point for your own character development of being forced to break your healing oath against someone you (for some reason) Swore to heal.

But seriously though, you must have a pretty lax oath if you dont go around healing the things your party is fighting.
    Last edited by Olfgar; 2019-05-21 at 02:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Olfgar View Post
    Healing him causes more harm than good. Letting him die is going to cause more good than harm.

You could even just kill him the next time he threatens your life because no one, not even a goodie two shoes, is going to realistically just sit there an accept that, especially when hes proven to murder people. What's the difference between this guy aside from any bandit, goblin, orc, or what ever else you guys have fought and killed simply because you were asked to or because they attacked you first (what this PC has done) aside from the fact your character knows his name. Answer? Nothing.

Your "Hippocratic oath" doesn't mean **** to the bandits your stabbing it hitting with sacred flame, so why does it suddenly matter with this guy?

Talk to him and/or your DM before the next game and get him to get his **** in order. If the DM doesn't side with you on this topic, be a little concerned. Then the next time he gets low health from being the dumbass that he is, don't heal him, or kill him when he threatens you're life again... Or beat him within an inch of his, and remember to use his own justification if "it's what your character would go". If the DM is on his side even then, I'm sorry but you may need to find it make a new group to play with.

You can even use it as a role play point for your own character development of being forced to break your healing oath against someone you (for some reason) Swore to heal.

But seriously though, you must have a pretty lax oath if you dont go around healing the things your party is fighting.
    Actually Everytime the enemy isn't say burned beyond recognition or ash I'll drop cure wounds on them. I'll heal them to.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar