Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Qadiran Adventures (Pathfinder)

My dear young friends,
    Congratulations on being assigned to the Pathfinder Society lodge in Katheer!

I must admit Iím envious. Qadira gets into your blood. Even though it did its best to kill me, I still miss it.

You probably think you know the Gateway to the East, our comfortably exotic neighbor. Youíre looking forward to seeing sun-blessed mystics, veiled genie-binders, magnificent desert steeds, and majestic palaces. Youíll get to see all of thatónever fearóbut those stories touch only the surface of that mysterious place.

Qadira has a dual identity: it is both an Inner Sea nation and part of a massive, ancient, and distant empire. Its familiarity can lull you into complacency just before pulling the ornately woven carpet from beneath your feet. Donít be fooled into thinking itís like Andoran. Always be on your guard.

Iíve included some basic tips to help you navigate your first few months in Katheer.

Good luck, Pathfinders. Make us proud.
    óStanelcho Tanev, Venture-Captain, Carpenden Lodge

-Listen Carefully: Qadiran is full of silver tongued people, they use their words as well as their swords.
    -Family comes First: Qadiran are concerned about the well being of their family and they are always representing their family.
    -Don't Expect Straight Answers
    -Find a Patron: Qadiran society is based on Patronage, which includes family, business, tribal and religious affiliations. As a foreigner, your first goal would be to gain a patron, to even get anything done. Use your pathfinder society connections if necessary to gain one.
    -Register as a foreigner, as soon as you arrive: Foreigners get some basic protections for registering as one. If you don't, you can't expect any help from authorities and never pretend to be a citizen.
    -Don't start fight, you can't finish: Every Qadiran serves a mandatory 2 years in the military. They all have basic combat training.
    -Don't start religious battles: Kelesh is tolerant of other religions but the Sarenite Faith is the official faith of the Empire. They won't try to convert you to their religion but keep your negative opinion about the Dawnflower to yourself.
    -Be a gracious guest: Kele****e consider that Hospitality is their sacred duty, so don't abuse it.
    -Don't Approach a Noble unless you have an introduction: If you want to approach a noble, make sure that your patron can introduce you.

Current year is 4718 AR,

As you would guess, our adventures begin with your character being Pathfinders and joining the lodge in the capital of Qadira, in Katheer. As Pathfinders your reasons to explore Qadira various adventuring sites could be quite varied, while still providing intrigue, building up relationships with the people, gaining the favor of patrons and enjoying an exotic locale. It should be noted that Qadira is a matrilineal society.

Timeline wise the following APs have occured: Crimson Throne, Rise of the Runelord.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Pathfinder 1.0

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Pathfinders

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4 or 5, maybe 6.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Pbp OOTS forum.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Average gold for your class (or higher depending on traits chosen)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

All official classes are welcome. No homebrew classes. As standard pathfinder, the technology for firearms is emerging guns.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

All official pathfinder races under 20 RP. 21+ and above races are not allowed. No homebrew/create your own races.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

20 Point buy, Max Hit points at 1st level. Past level 1, HP will be rolled or average taken, player choice.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Most pathfinders tend to be neutral/good aligned. Evil characters aren't exactly too welcome in a Sarenite society.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multiclassing is allowed, including VMC and Fractional Bonuses from Pathfinder Unchained. (Not too relevant for level 1 tho)

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Some rolls as approriate will be done by me, like some perceptions checks etc...but players should expect to do most of their rolls.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

2 traits, a 3rd with a drawback.

Hero Points are in play.

Background Skills from Pathfinder Unchained are in play.

According to pbp guide on this forum, they suggest group initiative and we will most likely use it. Rogues, Monks, Barbarians and Summoners all have to use Unchained classes.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

1-3 paragraphs is enough to tell me about your character, how they became a pathfinder/adventurer and if you can link a personal hook/story to Qadira, even better.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

A good mix of all aspects.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Some feats/magic etc...would require proper affiliation with either region, faction, etc....

Some Kobold Press Books (Advanced Race Compendium, Deep Magic, New Paths Compendium Expanded). Legendary Games has done a great job with classes and are allowed.
    Last edited by Destin; 2019-05-10 at 09:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Qadiran Adventures (Pathfinder)

Posting interest as a Vine Leshy Leshykinetist

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
    Posting interest as a Vine Leshy Leshykinetist
    Alright, this would be intriguing.

I'm open to answer questions but as you can tell, the game is obviously setup so your characters will learn more about Qadira in game.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we allowed to request 3pp, or would you rather stay to 1pp?
    I color is green, no I blue. Ok, ok, I think color. not sure now to call it

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    Are we allowed to request 3pp, or would you rather stay to 1pp?
    You can request a 3pp, but guessing since some people will ask about the following, will be upfront:

-No Spheres for this game (SoM, SoP , Champions), I'll eventually make a spheres game but it isn't this one.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Hakan Yıldıray Asyalı adapted for the game.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Working up a bard for you here. :)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Iíll offer up an UnRogue of some sort here. How do you handle UnRogue and base Rogue Archetypes?
    ďIt's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.Ē
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Map for RotRL

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kvard51 View Post
    Iíll offer up an UnRogue of some sort here. How do you handle UnRogue and base Rogue Archetypes?
    Prertty sure in the unchained book, they mention that UnROgue can take all archetypes of regular rogue.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destin View Post
    Prertty sure in the unchained book, they mention that UnROgue can take all archetypes of regular rogue.
    Well, it's a kind of optional thing. So I like to ask.
    ďIt's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.Ē
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Map for RotRL

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I was mostly thinking of playing a Warlock, maybe with 3pp race or racial trait as I feel PF doesn't have enough of those. One race that I usually enjoy is Half-Faerie Dragon.

Shameless self promotion in 3... 2... 1... my DA link. I got drawing, I got litterature. You have to see it

12. - Top - End - #12

2 things I would like rulings from the GM on.
    1)Do Vine Leshys need to eat, or can they get by on sunlight and water?
    2)By my understanding of the rules Vine Leshys do not need sleep but can still be forced to sleep by the effects of spells and the like do you agree?
    Last edited by somethingrandom; 2019-05-12 at 11:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Ranger submitted! Let the hunt commence! <3

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I was mostly thinking of playing a Warlock, maybe with 3pp race or racial trait as I feel PF doesn't have enough of those. One race that I usually enjoy is Half-Faerie Dragon.
    Yes on both.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
    2 things I would like rulings from the GM on.
    1)Do Vine Leshys need to eat, or can they get by on sunlight and water?
    2)By my understanding of the rules Vine Leshys do not need sleep but can still be forced to sleep by the effects of spells and the like do you agree?
    1) Technically plant type does say, it needs to eat.
    2) Seems like that's the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokio View Post
    Ranger submitted! Let the hunt commence! <3
    Yup

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Wrote up a Legendary Fighter named Lann. I'm glad I'm doing this character in PBP, as the time it'll take to pull up all the available options won't matter in the timescale involved here.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Meet Petrus Numida

Petrus is, in a lot of ways, a Dwarf trapped in a human's body and that's not just talking about the fact that his beard is both voluminous and a mess, but due to the rather--stern--approach he takes with life--but there's a story to that just waiting to be told. You see, Petrus' great grandfather was an adventurer--an Abadaran Paladin who at the time befriended young upstart Dwarf cleric of Torag--which didn't exactly start that way. They started out not exactly fans of each other, but who knew that after being chased by a horde of Orcs, watching your friends get picked off one-by-one, and saving each other, you'd become best friends.

Eventually, the Abadaran took a wife and settled down and asked his friend to look after his children and his wife if anything should ever happen to him. And the Dwarf did, but by time Pharasma called back the paladin, he wis hair had gone white and even his children had started to grey and they all had families of their own.

Each of the children asked the same of him and their children asked the same as well. Great Uncle Targan was the family protector and had been for generations, but then, something happened. One of his best friend's grandchildren came to perish and her husband and infant child had disappeared. Targan tracked them down and found the husband dead and the baby in the care of a gaggle of goblins (soon to be stew). Well, Targan made good on his promise to his old friend and did take care of the baby.

Petrus Numida.

By now, Targan was an old dwarf. Plenty grey and not much of an adventurer and he'd never had a family of his own, but he loved Petrus like his own. Beat his ass like his own too when he got outta line, but he loved him all the same. Eventually, Pharasma called him back and Petrus wandered a bit, feeling lost, but he eventually found himself back in the service of Torag and even took up in his father's (Targan's) footsteps as a priest of Torag, but unlike his father, he had a bit more pent up anger and took to the martial aspects a bit more.

Eventually, Petrus left his childhood home and ended up joining up with the Pathfinders. He figures, "Dad always said that we forge who we want to be and it is through our actions that we hammer the metal." So, he got his orders to Qadira and now he's off. Not sure where he's going, even less sure why, but he knows that wherever he goes, his dad and Torag are watching him--and that's enough. Yep. That'll do.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Goblin

Crunch for Imari and her captured Djinn Asaad is done.

I kind of want to request Deadly Agility from Dreamscarred Press (Path of War) but I am okay with having to pick up Slashing Grace too. I just wanted a capable summoner that isn't totally lost without her summons. If I have to pick Slashing Grace, can we maybe houserule that Weapon Focus (a prereq for Slashing Grace) doesn't affect me until I get BAB +1?

Spoiler: Backstory-ish
    Show
    Imari is the rich daughter of a noble house and was to be forcefully married to a husband as his third wife at the age of 14. Understandably she resisted but it was too no avail. Regardless she too was conscripted to the military service, not for the lack of her husband trying to prevent this with hefty bribes. One night Imari just left and once she entered the military there was nothing her husband could do to get her back.

She served her two years, after which she returned to find her husband divorced her, slandering her name and cutting her off of her fortune. Due to the public indignation, even her parents were forced to keep their distance. But her father, in a last act of defiance slipped her a hefty inheritance, a mysterious amulet and a recommendation to join the Pathfinder society although they could not vouch for her. It took a while before the amulet revealed its true purpose. To it a genie was shackled which served Imari's family for generations. Reluctant the djinn accepted his new master, improving the girl's chances at being accepted by the society but one thing was still missing, a willing patron to vouch for her.

So are we supposed to have a patron already?
    Last edited by Sporeegg; 2019-05-14 at 08:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Patron will be acquired in game.
    Sure Deadly Agility is fine.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posting interest for fun pathfinder shenanigans! I'll get to work on a character :D

20. - Top - End - #20

ElfRangerGuy

I have a cleric of Serenrae ready. See Sevestra's character sheet.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

INTP-A.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm working on a Sorceror with the Psychic bloodline. It seems simpler than a mesmerist's tricks for PBP and still very much let's me play the fantasy of being a scary psychic. Here's the sheet. Working on the backstory.

EDIT- Backstory done.
    Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    For the last five generations, all the children of the Marvo family have been gifted to some extent. As soon as Guilliam was born, his parents knew his abilities were more powerful than his father's. They also knew his life would be burdened by fear and ridicule due to the third violet eye in the center of his forehead. The son of merchants who always tended to get a better deal than they deserved, Guilliam has been familiar with the feeling of a head band since early childhood, when his parents had one made to hide his Third Eye. Having it slip off or taken away is one of his greatest fears from childhood, and remains a trigger to this day. As his abilities grew, he showed potential in mind magic, such as psychokinesis, pyrokinesis, and minor reality altering. Before he learned more responsible use of his powers he'd "made friends" with all the most popular students in his class, and being forced to dismiss those effects instituted the firm belief that he must his his powers responsibly and avoid selfishness.

The first Marvo to have gifts, an ancestor who started the family business of mercantilism, described in his diary his journeys across the world. This includes a journey to Qadir that Guilliam never knew about until he discovered the diary in his family's attic. It detailed, as his ancestor put it, The Meeting. The genesis of his family's powers. He was travelling with a caravan through the desert that grew stranded in a sandstorm. The sandstorm cleared, and his ancestor wrote of seeing a "light as bright as day cut through the night" and "a being that spoke mind to mind instead of mouth to ear". It made a marked change on his ancestor's life, leading him to avoid journeying and prefer a more home bodied life and a sedentary domestic life, far away from adventuring. He seemed to grow oddly focused on finding a wife and founding "a Legacy the Being requested". Guilliam found this diary in his mid twenties and has dedicated himself to learning Kelish ever since in preparation for a journey to Qadir to find out more about what happened there. His family forbid him from going, and stripped him of any inheritance rights until he returns home, which only served to focus his desire to join up with the Pathfinders and petition for a post in Qadir. "I'll come back when I've found out what this Being did to us." He swore to his mother and father before a tearful parting. That promise may never come to pass as he explores this foreign land of mystery.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2019-05-14 at 07:28 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Posting interest at a samurai from the Far East.

Let's get all Kurosawa up in here

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Are Path of War classes allowed? I just drafted a Harbinger submission, and I kinda fell in love with the class. If not, still interested! Love the premise!!

25. - Top - End - #25

I absolutely love the Arabic flavor of all this! Any chance you'd like to let a guy use 3.5's Sha'ir? It fits very well thematically, especially with all the djinn play.

Edit: So I found that Occultist has a kit for Sha'ir. Whichever you would prefer I use, I can generate a character for.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2019-05-17 at 10:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Goblin

Gave Imari the headstrong drawback and the desert child trait to further characterize her.
    Last edited by Sporeegg; 2019-05-18 at 04:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

According to pathfinderwiki, while Sarenrae is the dominant religion, Nethys also has a strong presence.

So I built a ragebred skinwalker alchemist with the beastmorph and vivisectionist archetypes. This is a frontliner tank.
    DnD Alignment: NE
    Spoiler: MTG Color Philosophy Quizzes
    Show

Spoiler: Nodiatis RPG Personality Test
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm about done with the crunch, question, how much gold does a Warlock get?

Lexara
    Half-Faerie Dragon Warlock CG
    HP 9 / 9 Speed ft Init 3
    AC 14 Fort 1 Ref 3 Will 3
    CMB -2 BAB 0
    Arcane Bolt +3 (1d6 + lv/2 x 1d6, x2)
    Breath Weapon DC: 13 (10+lv/2+con) (staggered, sickened, and immune to fear , 1/day)
    Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 12 (1) Int 14 (2) Cha 16 (3)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Ok. This game sounds really interesting. Maybe, some kind of arcane casterÖ..
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

30. - Top - End - #30

OrcBarbarianGuy

For my sorcerer I get craft as a class skill. Could I switch that for Preform and have Preform (Paint)? Seems to make sense as a Cha based skill to me.

I'd also like to ask the DM if the visualizations of Guilliam's psychic effects could reflect the fact that he uses the visualization of painting in his mind for his psychic effects. This would become more relevant when he starts using fire, mostly, but I adore the idea.
    The Bear is Back.