New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy 7 Remake - New Teaser Trailer

So, the new teaser trailer for Final Fantasy 7 is out.

Spoiler: Trailer
    Show

I'm kind of hesitant. I really am not a fan of the action RPG that it seems like they're going for. Way too often like in FF15 it just turns into button mashing the same combos over and over and over while your AI allies stand around doing less than 1/10th of your own damage.

Still, the graphics look good and it seems like they're mostly keeping the story intact, so I will almost certainly be picking it up.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2019-05-11 at 12:32 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake - New Teaser Trailer

I think the action looks great. Cloud and Barret. Dunno how fun playing as Aerith will be.

My concern is materia.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So, the new teaser trailer for Final Fantasy 7 is out.

Spoiler: Trailer
    Show

I'm kind of hesitant. I really am not a fan of the action RPG that it seems like they're going for. Way too often like in FF15 it just turns into button mashing the same combos over and over and over while your AI allies stand around doing less than 1/10th of your own damage.

Still, the graphics look good and it seems like they're mostly keeping the story intact, so I will almost certainly be picking it up.
    I loved 7. I love 15. It's a tough call, but 15 probably edges 7 out for a spot in my top 5 games of all time. This looks like it might be the best possible outcome for me, as long as they don't screw it up by forcing some multiplayer aspect in there.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    My concern is materia.
    Fun tidbit: Not entirely sure how the system will work, but if you look closely, you can see at various points, Cloud's Buster Sword does have materia slotted into it.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-05-11 at 09:09 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile