New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Archetypes Assemble! (5e Avengers)

So I came across some nice MCU archetypes recently (Ant Man & The Wasp and Thor) and decided that this clearly wasn't enough Avengers D&D.

As such, I am expanding on this theme with the following archetypes:

NEW! All archetypes for this project can be found here:

Archetypes Assemble!: The PDF

Coming Soon?:

Rogue Archetype: Black Sky

So, what do you think? Any requests/suggestions for who I do next?
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-06-04 at 11:49 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Archetypes Assemble! (5e Avengers)

I have expanded this homebrew to now include Captain America and the Hulk in addition to Iron Man.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-06-02 at 01:06 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Is way of the Spider gonna be Black Widow or Spider-Man?

Because Black Widow's an MCU Avenger but Way of the Spider is an actual martial art in the main comics--a form of kung fu that Peter Parker created with the help of Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Is way of the Spider gonna be Black Widow or Spider-Man?

Because Black Widow's an MCU Avenger but Way of the Spider is an actual martial art in the main comics--a form of kung fu that Peter Parker created with the help of Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu.
    See for yourself!
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-06-02 at 01:03 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thunderous clap is missing which ability is uses as its spellcasting modifier. I would go with strength.

Throwing a shield would require an action to unequip and equip it. As of now, you cannot both get the ac bonus and throw it.
    Last edited by Fnissalot; 2019-05-13 at 02:23 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Lizardfolk

you could have a paladinarchetype for thor.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Fnissalot View Post
    Thunderous clap is missing which ability is uses as its spellcasting modifier. I would go with strength.

Throwing a shield would require an action to unequip and equip it. As of now, you cannot both get the ac bonus and throw it.
    I'll fix those real quick.

Edit: Fixed. Made equip/unequip of shields a bonus action or reaction to better fit the intended theme for the archetype. Also removed the part about using only somatic components for Thunderclap since it is already somatic-only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    you could have a paladinarchetype for thor.
    Someone else already made that. I included a link in the opening lines. It's a really good one too in my opinion.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-13 at 10:00 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

8. - Top - End - #8

Are these meant to be balanced against the regular Archetypes? Or are these meant to be stronger?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Are these meant to be balanced against the regular Archetypes? Or are these meant to be stronger?
    Most of these seem fine though. Maybe Way of the Spider might be a little front loaded, but I personally don't see an issue with most of these.
    My limited homebrew experience
    oh hey didn't see you there

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by thisdude901 View Post
    Most of these seem fine though. Maybe Way of the Spider might be a little front loaded, but I personally don't see an issue with most of these.
    Rage Monster is significantly more powerful than any other third level Barbarian feature without a drawback, and is honestly pretty comparable to Frenzy-but it doesn't Exhaust you. And the defensive benefits are just insane.
    Endless Rage is fine, since few encounters run more than a minute.
    Thunderous Clap is fine.
    Implacable Monster is pretty much fine.
    Immortal Rage is mostly okay, until level 20-when Rages become unlimited. Basically, any attack that deals less than 15 damage is ignored-and considering you have 1) Rage, granting resistance to physical damage and 2) Evasion (and Mettle for Constitution only) there's very little that can stop you. Also, your AC when raging is probably going to be 24 BEFORE a Shield and magic items.

It's very much a no-brainer choice for anyone looking for power and playing Barbarian-which is fine, if they're MEANT to be more powerful.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

I will freely admit that I'm not the greatest at balancing first go-round (or second, or third...). I'll see about tweaking Rage Monster a bit. Gaining Exhaustion post-rage would be a good mechanic and fitting. I might also impose disadvantage on INT, WIS, and CHA checks, including Perception, while raging.

JNA Productions raises a good point regarding Immortal Rage and unlimited Rage uses, so I may revise to cap Immortal Rage's use at a number of times equal to the character's Constitution modifier. That part will of course be largely redundant until 20th level. (I will do this later) (Edit: I might also add in a blurb about only gaining half benefit from shields)

Way of the Spider is rather front-loaded, but I found it a bit hard to be thematic to Spider-Man without front-loading.

Edit Note: Part of the way I wrote Rage Monster was to encourage using DEX as a dump stat by splitting the typical benefits of the stat between STR and CON, but only while raging. As such, a barbarian who takes this path - particularly if played by a min-maxer - would be significantly more vulnerable to attacks when not raging.

Edit 2: Would anyone be interested in seeing archetypes for the Defenders (the Netflix MCU series)? I've got a couple of ideas for a smitey-Paladin-esque Monk Archetype: Way of the Iron Fist for take-a-wild-guess and a rage-less Barbarian Archetype: Path of Tranquil Fury for Luke Cage (would share many of the same defensive features as Rage Monster). Not sure what class Jessica Jones or Daredevil would be (though Daredevil's subclass would clearly be mostly Blindsense progression), though Punisher is obviously a Fighter.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-13 at 12:21 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, I think Defenders subclasses would be pretty neat.
    My limited homebrew experience
    oh hey didn't see you there

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by thisdude901 View Post
    Yeah, I think Defenders subclasses would be pretty neat.
    There's already a Hulk, Strange is most accurately a generalist wizard at max level, Namor is a touch too difficult to pin to a single class, and the Silver Surfer is far too powerful to be a PC.

If you meant the MCU ones... Yeah, Netflix screwed up big time calling a group of street-level heroes the Defenders: In the comics, they were the three of the most powerful people in the universe and the fourth member was the king of one of the most powerful nations are Earth while being in the top ten physically strongest people on Earth.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #14

Urban Ranger and Red Room Agent are up.

There's already a Hulk, Strange is most accurately a generalist wizard at max level, Namor is a touch too difficult to pin to a single class, and the Silver Surfer is far too powerful to be a PC.

If you meant the MCU ones... Yeah, Netflix screwed up big time calling a group of street-level heroes the Defenders: In the comics, they were the three of the most powerful people in the universe and the fourth member was the king of one of the most powerful nations are Earth while being in the top ten physically strongest people on Earth.
    I am well aware of the disparity between the Comics Defenders and Netflix Defenders. However, I have to admit that the concept of a bunch of street level heroes getting together to take on a conspiracy bigger than any one of them is a fun one, so that's what I intend to base my 'Defenders' archetypes on.

Now if I could just figure out which classes would fit Jessica Jones and Daredevil best...

As for Strange, I would personally make him a Sorcerer with an archetype borrowing from the Wizard, because he's the Sorcerer Supreme, not the Wizard supreme. Or maybe I'll do the reverse. Either way, the goal would be to produce something that had access to both metamagic and versatile spell options.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jessica Jones has (supernatural) brute-strength, has some protection from mind control, and is a good detective. I would go for either a brutish rogue as they are inquisitive, or an inquisitive barbarian of fighter as she is strong and can fight?

I would say that Daredevil would be a monk. If you ignore his superpowers; the blindsight due to improved other senses that lets him feel what is written on pages, hear heartbeats, and react supernaturally quick to things. Outside of that, he is just a very skilled martial artist i.e. a monk.

Comments on Hawkeye ranger and black widow rogue:

I really like that you have added utility uses to the trick arrows and not only extra damage. That is cool! I would change how the trick arrows are made as I personally do not like that the limit is to many trick arrows you can make and that they cost money. It is interesting that it works a bit like old school prepared magic. How about: you can have an amount of trick arrows equal to twice your wisdom modifier (minimum of two). At the end of a long rest, you spend 10 minutes with your Fletcher's tools (are there fletcjers tools?) to regain all expended arrows and may change which type of trick arrows you have. At the end of a short rest, you may spend 5 minutes with your tools to regain a number of expended arrows equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum of 1). When you do, you may also change the types of a number of trick arrows equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum of 1)

I am not sure, but giving the rogue so many more attacks and reaction attacks seems really strong. This is right now an improved assassin that adds offense and is a bit frontloaded. Either lessen the focus on attacks and give her some spytools or it should be toned down a bit? Force of nature is cool but letting you sneak attack every thing that hits you for free every turn is practically busted. Since you already get the attack before attack reaction on level 3, you could just make force of nature so that you regain your reaction whenever a reaction kills something, and if it dies, it's attack misses.
    Last edited by Fnissalot; 2019-05-14 at 01:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Archetypes for Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnissalot View Post
    Jessica Jones has (supernatural) brute-strength, has some protection from mind control, and is a good detective. I would go for either a brutish rogue as they are inquisitive, or an inquisitive barbarian of fighter as she is strong and can fight?

I would say that Daredevil would be a monk. If you ignore his superpowers; the blindsight due to improved other senses that lets him feel what is written on pages, hear heartbeats, and react supernaturally quick to things. Outside of that, he is just a very skilled martial artist i.e. a monk.

Comments on Hawkeye ranger and black widow rogue:

I really like that you have added utility uses to the trick arrows and not only extra damage. That is cool! I would change how the trick arrows are made as I personally do not like that the limit is to many trick arrows you can make and that they cost money. It is interesting that it works a bit like old school prepared magic. How about: you can have an amount of trick arrows equal to twice your wisdom modifier (minimum of two). At the end of a long rest, you spend 10 minutes with your Fletcher's tools (are there fletcjers tools?) to regain all expended arrows and may change which type of trick arrows you have. At the end of a short rest, you may spend 5 minutes with your tools to regain a number of expended arrows equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum of 1). When you do, you may also change the types of a number of trick arrows equal to your wisdom modifier (minimum of 1)

I am not sure, but giving the rogue so many more attacks and reaction attacks seems really strong. This is right now an improved assassin that adds offense and is a bit frontloaded. Either lessen the focus on attacks and give her some spytools or it should be toned down a bit? Force of nature is cool but letting you sneak attack every thing that hits you for free every turn is practically busted. Since you already get the attack before attack reaction on level 3, you could just make force of nature so that you regain your reaction whenever a reaction kills something, and if it dies, it's attack misses.
    I am currently planning to make Jessica a Paladin archetype with some focus on Strength (also because I can put Fly on the expanded spell list) and proficiency in Investigation.

Daredevil I have made a Cleric because of a few fanfics I read recently that showed him using his Catholic faith to basically use Turn Undead. I do have to say that 'Devil Inside' made for a fun Channel Divinity feature.

I retweaked the Trick Arrows feature to forego monetary cost and instead put a hard limit of 2 x Proficiency modifier total trick arrows you can carry at any given time.

As for Red Room Agent and so many attacks, I will see what I can do to replace Extra Attack with some extra spy stuff. I'll also note that Sneak Attack is explicitely a once-per-turn feature in RAW, but I'll add that Force of Nature can't use it.

Edit: Extra Attack has been removed from Red Room Agent to make way for a narrower Expertise feature. Living Weapon has been nerfed (no longer grants bonus attack with proficiency nor increases unarmed strike damage die). Also, Polyglot has become less front loaded, starting with two languages and granting additional languages as the character levels.

Currently working on: Investigative Paladin archetype for Jessica Jones, Wizard-based Sorcerer archetype for Dr. Strange, and Infinity Stones as Warlock Patrons.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-14 at 10:17 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

17. - Top - End - #17

Made some minor wording corrections, including an oversight in Armorer's Armored Legion feature that didn't specify the level of the feature. Whoops.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

18. - Top - End - #18

Daemon

Now do Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch. We need some mages.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Kyutaru View Post
    Now do Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch. We need some mages.
    As a matter of fact, I just finished a joint archetype for them. Since both are empowered by different Infinity Stones, I have made the Infinity Stones into Warlock Patrons. The archetype has common features for all the Infinity Stones, but you have to select one of the six which determines your expanded spell list as well as what unique Pact Boon and Invocations you qualify for.

Also, because that six-in-one archetype turned out to be of monster length, I had to move it to the second post as it wouldn't fit in the OP.

Edit: Also super please PEACH it because I have a feeling it may not be properly balanced. I was focused on making it thematic first and foremost.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-15 at 02:34 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

20. - Top - End - #20

Altered Pact of Reality. It's much simpler now and less potentially game-breaking.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

21. - Top - End - #21

Armorer Update: Changed the link to the latest UA Artificer build. Also changed Tinker's Tools to Jeweler's Tools because all Artificers get Tinker's Tools to begin with, making it redundant. I chose Jeweler's Tools because it requires attention to detail and also allows for the making of super snazzy looking armor because Iron Man should look fabulous as well as kick butt.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I just finished a joint archetype for them. Since both are empowered by different Infinity Stones, I have made the Infinity Stones into Warlock Patrons. The archetype has common features for all the Infinity Stones, but you have to select one of the six which determines your expanded spell list as well as what unique Pact Boon and Invocations you qualify for.

Also, because that six-in-one archetype turned out to be of monster length, I had to move it to the second post as it wouldn't fit in the OP.

Edit: Also super please PEACH it because I have a feeling it may not be properly balanced. I was focused on making it thematic first and foremost.
    I feel like the mind stone warlock patron works fine for Wanda, but I don’t think this patron does justice to Carol. I think maybe you oughta trim the patron down to just the Mind Stone patron as your Scarlet Witch archetype and try to make the stones themselves (and maybe the gauntlet) as artifacts. I feel like all the powers in this patron are inspired by Loki’s use of the space and mind stones, Dr. Strange’s use of the time stone, and Thanos’s use of all the stones. But representing those powers as warlock patrons has a lot of limitations- for instance, Loki wielded two stones at once, and Thanos wielded all of them, but any given character can only ever have one warlock patron. Also, Loki, Thanos, Dr. Strange, Ronan, etc all likely already have “base classes” that aren’t Warlock.

As for people who were empowered by the stones but don’t necessarily wield them, we have Wanda (who I think this patron works well for), but also Carol, Quicksilver, and (to an extent) Vision.

Quicksilver was empowered by the mind stone under nearly the exact same circumstances as Wanda, but his powers are nothing like hers. He’s probably some sort of monk. This sort of illustrates why I dislike using this patron as a one-size-fits-all for Carol as well as Wanda - everybody empowered by the stones has vastly inconsistent powers, as opposed to the powers the stones grant when wielded, which are much more consistent.

To go into more detail on why I don’t think the space stone patron you wrote fits Carol:

Carol was empowered by the Tesseract. Some warlock things fit her (eldritch blast = photon bursts, primarily) but most of the rest of it really doesn’t. Carol is most defined by her super strength, durability, speed, flight, and photon bursts - an archetypical flying brick, like Superman (just sub in heat vision for the photon blasts). The space stone patron, on the other hand, involves a whole lot of teleportation, and the Warlock base class doesn’t make for a good in your face tank without specifically building for that by picking Hexblade (which Carol can’t do, because she’s busy picking this patron instead). Carol also definitely doesn’t go around cursing people or weaving dark magicks - the only really magical things she does are fly and shoot lasers. And her power set certainly doesn’t revolve around teleportation as a primary feature. So the powers really don’t line up for her.

I’d recommend representing Carol as either a fighter, ranger, or paladin subclass with bonuses to unarmed/unarmored fighting and a radiant damage projectile (either a cantrip in all but name like the new Archivist Artificer Information Overload, or a spell attack that can be used with the Attack action, like the Sun Soul Monk). Then at level 14+, at will flight (around when sorcerers get at will flight). If you go the paladin route, the 20th level 1-minute transformation capstone can be Binary Mode.

I think the stuff you’re doing here is super neat thematically. A lot of it could use a second pass for game balance, but don’t let that big block of criticism up there make you think I don’t enjoy reading these! I think flavor is your strong suit with these archetypes, so I want to help you get Carol right without doing her a disservice.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by gloryblaze View Post
    To go into more detail on why I don’t think the space stone patron you wrote fits Carol:

Carol was empowered by the Tesseract. Some warlock things fit her (eldritch blast = photon bursts, primarily) but most of the rest of it really doesn’t. Carol is most defined by her super strength, durability, speed, flight, and photon bursts - an archetypical flying brick, like Superman (just sub in heat vision for the photon blasts). The space stone patron, on the other hand, involves a whole lot of teleportation, and the Warlock base class doesn’t make for a good in your face tank without specifically building for that by picking Hexblade (which Carol can’t do, because she’s busy picking this patron instead). Carol also definitely doesn’t go around cursing people or weaving dark magicks - the only really magical things she does are fly and shoot lasers. And her power set certainly doesn’t revolve around teleportation as a primary feature. So the powers really don’t line up for her.

I’d recommend representing Carol as either a fighter, ranger, or paladin subclass with bonuses to unarmed/unarmored fighting and a radiant damage projectile (either a cantrip in all but name like the new Archivist Artificer Information Overload, or a spell attack that can be used with the Attack action, like the Sun Soul Monk). Then at level 14+, at will flight (around when sorcerers get at will flight). If you go the paladin route, the 20th level 1-minute transformation capstone can be Binary Mode.

I think the stuff you’re doing here is super neat thematically. A lot of it could use a second pass for game balance, but don’t let that big block of criticism up there make you think I don’t enjoy reading these! I think flavor is your strong suit with these archetypes, so I want to help you get Carol right without doing her a disservice.
    I understand that the Space Stone specific features don't quite fit Carol, with the possible exception of the expanded spell list (she is hella fast when she wants to be). I'd have included Fly on that list except for one important factor: It's already on the Warlock spell list and expanded spell lists for Warlock Patrons are spells added to the Warlock spell list to be learned rather than automatically known or prepared.

Rather than Marvel's immense strength, I decided to use the generic features of the Infinity Stone patrons to mimic her immense durability. Unarmored defense running off of DEX + CHA, subbing CHA saves for DEX saves, and finally an Evasion-like feature that boosts CHA saves versus damage (like the ones that used to be DEX saves). Basically allowing the character to shrug off many sources of damage.

Would an 18th level common Infinity Stone Invocation of +2 to DEX and CHA (or +2 AC) be too potent? What about one that could halve damage from one attack using reaction like Rogue's Uncanny Dodge? Actually, I could probably trade out one of the Space Stone invocations for that. It would be thematic I think. I'll do it for the 9th level one.

Edit: Both added for consideration. Let me know if they seem too powerful. Also changed the level 15 Space Invocation to at-will Flight.

It was never my intention to do Carol or any of the Stone-empowered heroes a disservice, but I really wanted to make the Infinity Stones into warlock patrons. Carol could be made with the archetype, but it would require some dedicated planning on the player's part to pump STR and CON in addition to DEX and CHA. Yeah, I could have made her a flying brick Paladin, but there is a distinct lack of 'full caster' types to play with as it is so I went with Warlock. Plus I'm planning to make Jessica a flying brick paladin.

As always, thanks for your input!
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-17 at 02:26 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

24. - Top - End - #24

Added some stuff to the Pact of Power allowing the use of Strength as a spellcasting modifier and added Blood of the Archmage so you can get your Sorcerer Supreme on.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

25. - Top - End - #25

Scarlet Witch and Carol should really be separate characters.

(Notably, neither of them have any connection to the Infinity Stones in the comics and honestly, the Space and Mind Stones don't fit very well for probability manipulation or Carol's Super-Man clone package. Thematically neither has anything to do with the stone they supposedly came from in the MCU.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #26

Scarlet Witch and Carol should really be separate characters.

(Notably, neither of them have any connection to the Infinity Stones in the comics and honestly, the Space and Mind Stones don't fit very well for probability manipulation or Carol's Super-Man clone package. Thematically neither has anything to do with the stone they supposedly came from in the MCU.)
    Look, I said this above but I'll gladly say it again: I wanted to do the Infinity Stones as Warlock patrons.

I know they don't quite fit with Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel, but I feel you could put together a working build with it. I also know they didn't get their powers from the stones in the comics, but I don't care. I'm basing these off the MCU versions where applicable, not the comics versions. I further know that they're separate characters, which is why the Infinity Stone patron archetype is a six-in-one deal. There are some common features available to all stones, but there's also a bunch of others that relate to one specific stone.

As far as being thematic to the stones that empowered them: Wanda has what seems to be telepathy and telekinesis, both mind powers. Carol has space flight and is hella fast when she needs to be, both travel abilities which puts them under the Space Stone's theme. Heck, one of the Space Stone invocations I made is unlimited Flight, which should really fit Carol very nicely.

I'm doing the best I can given what I have to work with and there's not a lot from the MCU that lends itself to spellcasting archetypes, much less Warlocks.

If you have any suggestions as to how to improve the Infinity Stone Patron archetype to better fit the abilities of MCU Wanda or Carol (or to better balance it), I am willing to listen.

As far as current projects, I'm working on an Investigative Paladin archetype for Jessica Jones, a healing bard type for Clair Temple, a terrifying sniper archetype for Franks Castle, and I've got a weird idea for turning T'Challa into some kind of totem warrior Druid. (What do you all think? Circle of the Five Tribes?)
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-20 at 10:14 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

27. - Top - End - #27

Paladin Oath of the Detective is up.

Also added a feature for Infinity Stone patron that allows you to alter the damage type of any Warlock spell to a specific type based on your patron stone. Space is Radiant, Mind and Reality are Psychic, Power is Thunder, Time and Soul are Necrotic.

Edit: Also, have a magic item:

Super Soldier Serum:
    Potion, Legendary

This is not a potion that can be drunk properly. It must be introduced directly into the target's blood through a careful procedure requiring a DC 20 Wisdom (Medicine) check. An intelligent creature who is successfully treated with this serum permanently gains +2 to their Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores, to a maximum of 20. In addition, they gain an AC equal to 10 + their Strength modifier + their Dexterity modifier when not wearing armor unless they already had the Unarmored Defense feature from another source. They may use a shield and still gain this benefit.

A creature who has benefited from this potion cannot gain its benefits a second time.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-05-21 at 02:25 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #28

The stones not fitting Carol or Wanda was a complaint about the MCU, not about you.

If you're insisting on the MCU, that's fine, it's just the stones aren't very well defined in the MCU.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #29

The stones not fitting Carol or Wanda was a complaint about the MCU, not about you.

If you're insisting on the MCU, that's fine, it's just the stones aren't very well defined in the MCU.
    I'm surprisingly okay with that. And I'm going with the MCU because I simply know more about the characters in it than most of their comic counterparts. I'm halfway up to speed on Spider-Man, but I'm in the dark about most everyone else. Honestly, most of what I know about Comics!Wanda boils down to 'chaos mage who went nuts and broke up the Avengers and later altered reality so Magneto ruled the world' and Comics!Carol to me is 'that lady who Rogue put in a coma for decades while keeping her powers'.

I think the hardest thing was putting together the expanded spell lists. Half the time I'd see a spell and go 'awesome! That'd be perfect for this stone' only to realize seconds later 'crap, it's already on the Warlock spell list'. Because unlike other expanded spell lists, Warlocks don't automatically get the listed spells. All it's doing is making the Warlock spell list bigger in a certain way for followers of that specific patron.

Time and Soul in particular were a pain in the neck to make expanded spell lists for at lower levels.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

30. - Top - End - #30

In general, the MCU made some creative decisions that I don't nessesarily like on the grounds that fans who gateway into the comics from the movies will be hella confused by.

Like, the Eye of Aggamoto had nothing to do with time in the comic. It read minds and revealed the truth. Wanda's power was a combination of probability manipulation and an instinctive affinity for Cthonic Energy and ability to generate such as well as the ability to manipulate probability. Originally all she could do was fire "Hex Bolts" that gave people bad luck, but after receiving formal training in sorcery from the witch that used to babysit the Fantastic Four's kids she quickly became one of the most powerful sorcerers in the world. (Bendis tried to retcon her into a reality warper, but most people have ignored it. Dude seemed to have a major HAte On for Wanda.)

and Ultron was built by Hank Pym in the comics, not Tony Stark.

Carol's complicated and there have been some retcons: The current canon is that she's half kree on her mother's side(her name is Carol becuase Car-El is a Kree name and is pronounced identically) of the rare 'pink' kree subspecies(who have human skin tones instead of blue), and had the Original Captain Marvel's powers copied into her when a machine that was meant to induce superhuman mutations into Kree exploded(the same explosion enhanced his existing powers.) Much later she was further enhanced by a Brood experiment that gave her energy absorption abillities and a connection to a White Hole in a Binary Star System to siphon power off of. She eventually lost those powers but regained them(other than the connection to a specific star) and those are her current powers and what she demonstrates in the movie.

Carol is notably the only empowered person in the MCU whose powers are an accurate recreation of their abilities in the main comics--Captain America and Red skull are stronger in the MCUand most of the other heroes are weaker. Wanda's are completely different
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-05-21 at 07:21 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks