New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Archetypes Assemble! (5e Avengers)

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    The PDF is, as of this moment, completed. Barring further submissions of course. It has all the archetypes from the OP, plus I got permission from Vogie to copy the Quantum Trickster, and of course Lvl45DM! gave me permission to copy Cloak and Dagger (though I did make some minor edits to them).

I have also added two new archetypes: The College of Medicine for the Bard in honor of Clair Temple the Night Nurse who patched up the Netflix Defenders season after season and Way of Xtreme Speed for the Monk to replicate Quicksilver. Because no other base class quite measures up to the Monk when it comes to gratuitous speed boosts. Though, I did add a little multiclass guide also to get the best possible top speed (before magic items of course).

I have furthermore added sidebars for War Machine, the Winter Soldier, the Punisher, and also collectively for the X-Men and Inhumans in general to guide players into making them. I have done this because they could be created using existing archetypes from published material (including Unearthed Arcana) or by making use of the other archetypes I already made.

Also, I have decided not to do archetypes for the Guardians of the Galaxy. As fun as they all are, I am just not inspired to make a full archetype for any of them. If anyone else wants to make original archetypes for the Guardians, then by all means please do.

In all actuality though, I'm finding that I'm coming up on the end of my inspiration for this project, which is probably for the best as it currently takes up 42 pages.

I've got an idea to do Elektra as a Rogue, Loki as a Roguish Wizard, and I want to watch how they pulled off Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD to see what I can get for a Spirit of Vengeance Warlock patron (Pact of the Wheel anyone?). If the mood strikes me, I might do a sidebar for Colleen Wing or Misty Knight from the Netflix series as well. And that will probably be it until the MCU introduces more heroes. Like Shang Chi.
    Ghost Rider Patron and Pact of the Wheel sounds amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Thanks Crisis21 youre making my life better with your work.

I love what you did with the Agent of SHIELD section, using the pictures of characters at the various levels.

Obviously I read my own entries with more care, and I noticed in Dagger's Steal Hopes, the victim makes a passive Deception check. Is that meant to be Perception or not? Cos Deception does make sense in its own way.
    Last edited by Lvl45DM!; 2019-06-02 at 07:33 AM.
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Obviously I read my own entries with more care, and I noticed in Dagger's Steal Hopes, the victim makes a passive Deception check. Is that meant to be Perception or not? Cos Deception does make sense in its own way.
    It is meant to be Deception. I noticed the Persuasion check didn't have a DC, so I decided the victim's passive Deception would be the DC.

For those unfamiliar with Passive Skill checks:

Passive skills are a set value, essentially a DC for the opposing party. They are meant to be a representation of how good someone is when not putting conscious effort into their abilities. When calculating a passive Skill value, you assume that the character in question rolled a 10. (Note: There are a few ways to boost passive values. The Observant Feat grants +5 to passive Perception and Investigation.)

So a character with proficiency in Stealth, a proficiency bonus of 3, and 16 Dexterity (modifier of +3) would have a passive Stealth of 16. That means a character looking for them would need a Perception roll of 16 or higher to notice them.

It's most often used for the Perception Skill as a way for the DM to see if characters notice something without having to tip the players off by asking them to roll for Perception. I've also seen it used for Insight and Investigation, but it could theoretically be used for any Skill.

I think it's also an option for players to use their passive values instead of rolling on non-critical ability checks to help keep the game moving.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2019-06-02 at 09:54 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It is meant to be Deception. I noticed the Persuasion check didn't have a DC, so I decided the victim's passive Deception would be the DC.

For those unfamiliar with Passive Skill checks:

Passive skills are a set value, essentially a DC for the opposing party. They are meant to be a representation of how good someone is when not putting conscious effort into their abilities. When calculating a passive Skill value, you assume that the character in question rolled a 10. (Note: There are a few ways to boost passive values. The Observant Feat grants +5 to passive Perception and Investigation.)

So a character with proficiency in Stealth, a proficiency bonus of 3, and 16 Dexterity (modifier of +3) would have a passive Stealth of 16. That means a character looking for them would need a Perception roll of 16 or higher to notice them.

It's most often used for the Perception Skill as a way for the DM to see if characters notice something without having to tip the players off by asking them to roll for Perception. I've also seen it used for Insight and Investigation, but it could theoretically be used for any Skill.

I think it's also an option for players to use their passive values instead of rolling on non-critical ability checks to help keep the game moving.
    Awesome. I have seen the passive Perception used alot in modules, but I actually love that its deception instead.
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

4. - Top - End - #64

Spirit of Vengeance Warlock Patron, complete with Pact of the Wheel, is up.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spirit of Vengeance Warlock Patron, complete with Pact of the Wheel, is up.
    Love it. I love the idea of being a Spirit of Vengence with a Blade Pact or a Great Old One Warlock riding a disgusting Far Realms Chariot
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Love it. I love the idea of being a Spirit of Vengence with a Blade Pact or a Great Old One Warlock riding a disgusting Far Realms Chariot
    I thought some might, which is why I put in alternative features revolving around being mounted.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I thought some might, which is why I put in alternative features revolving around being mounted.
    Its the flexibility that i like
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

8. - Top - End - #68

So, I've been rewatching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 and I got inspired to do a Paladin-esque Barbarian archetype for Lash.

There's also a few new Super Soldier sidebars for Deathlok and Patriot. Plus some new images for the Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. archetype.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, I've been rewatching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 and I got inspired to do a Paladin-esque Barbarian archetype for Lash.

There's also a few new Super Soldier sidebars for Deathlok and Patriot. Plus some new images for the Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. archetype.
    You'll need to add the Path of Judgement to your index.
    Also wooo! More stuff on this!
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

I like the improvements to Spider-Man gonna give this play test asap