Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

You stand at the worlds end. Alone. Outnumbered. Outskilled. The darkness is closing in around you... You refuse to give up. You keep fighting. Loss of limb will not stop you from fighting! Loss of blood will not stop you! The world starts getting dark as more darkness minions pour through the portals. All your comrades dead. Outnumbered a million to one you stand. A hero of your time. A final shout you charge! Knowing you will die. But if you can just kill one more you continue to fight...

As darkness covers the sky You have done well mortal but you are not strong enough. You will perish and this world will be ours! Hahahahahahahaha He Attacks you. Unable to hold back you collapse. Dark red blood pours out of your chest and lips...your dying. Your saddened you cannot save everyone. You feel despair. If only I had a second chance. If only I can be stronger. PLEASE BODY MOVE JUST ONCE MORE! You struggle but itís in vain...

Brave Heroes I hear your pleas. Go back. Go back and fight once move to save us from this evil. I wish you well. You hear an angelic voice flood your being as your soul if pulled from your body. 7 beams of golden light descend illuminating the darkness. Taking your soul away...

Foolish gods. Using all you power on these 7 mortals. They couldnít even handle our generals. It will be impossible to stop our lord. When we meet again we will let them taste despair once more! Hahahahahahaha the figure roars in laughter as your conscious fades away...

Story line.

You failed protecting the world from evil. You and your 6 companions went to different portals to hold them back. The Gods of your world used their energy to send you back. Giving you another chance. You wake up in your bodies from the past.

Spoiler: A big 16
    Show

What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    3.5 just because thatís the one Iím most familiar with. Donít get me wrong Iíll though things at you not in 3.5. 3.5 if the bones but not the flesh. So itís going to be a whole hoard of things Iím going to use be prepared.

What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Home brewed campaign. You will need to get strong to survived failure isnít an option. There will be no second chances if you canít repel the armies of darkness this time. So train hard.

How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

7 one for each of the heroes. Need them to be dedicated because I canít have alternatives.

What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play by post here. I need at the very least TWO posts a week.

What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1 stay tuned :p

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Clothes shoes and 5silver and stay tuned 2.0

Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

If itís not in the basic rule books you gotta run em all by me. I really got to be in the know about everything because there is still loads of ground I personally need to cover to make sure your characters are managed.

What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Run races by me as well. Same things apply from classes.

By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Basically for this point itís easier. 1d10+10 x6 giving you a good amount. Also a minimum of +8 if you donít make it reroll I need high numbers from you guys

Also max hp since you will need it.

2 traits 1 flaw (no shaky)

Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Itís all good as long as you run the said classes by me.

Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Iíll do like 80% rolls. You just handle character actions and combat.

Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Lots of homebrew so little time. But see below for a bit.

Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Background is probably the most needed thing of all your characters. I need how you died. Each portal has different enemies. You have Undead, Demons, Fiends, Shadows, Abominations, The Darkness, and The Forsaken. The hardest ones will be The last three. Also you all know each other from your past lives so you can buddy up if you like.

Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Iíll do everything but mainly role play 60% hack 35% puzzles 5%

Spoiler: Homebrew thingies
    Show

Spoiler: Gold thing
    Show
    So gold is now 1=100silver=10,000 copper
    Conversation rate for all pass gear is 1=10=100
    Basically Iím trying to make gold more valuable and less seen. Also 1 gold in new currency is enough for a common to live for almost 5 years without working so keep it in mind. I

Spoiler: Homebrew thing
    Show
    I donít tend to care about classes since I homebrew special powers and gear often so a lot will be special. As a Side note I will keep things hidden. You have a chance to unlock special things depending on how you role play keep that in mind :o

Spoiler: Another homebrew
    Show
    When you all died you were level 20 keep that in mind. Special ruling if initiative. Example if you have 50 init and your enemy has 10. Since you have 5 times the amount you can do another turn before they can move. This can also be used against you. So be warned.

Spoiler: Last homebrew thingy you need to know and most important for now
    Show
    A special power!?!?!?!?

Heroic Valor: Standing in the face of defeat. Refusing to give up. Even at the cost of your life. +10 Will Save. +10hp/lvl, +10 Concentration, +Endurance and Diehard. +1 Atk at full bab. Passive Heroic Valor Aura: +1 Atk and dmg rolls/lvl to allies within 5ft/lvl

Awaiting interest. First to reply gets +10 exp :o tasty right? Claimed :o
    Last edited by Agro; 2019-05-12 at 01:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Very interesting... Time to brainstorm!
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Very interesting... Time to brainstorm!
    :o you got the +10 exp gj! XD

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Seems, um, interesting. Not entirely sure what to play yet.

(1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[17]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ah as a side note claim with portal you fought so I can give you some insider info on those types of monsters. I know some are easy to understand but the strongest three are a bit different

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

So, I'm thinking every group like this needs a heavily armored fighting type. Pity I can't use Goliath.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[12]

That said, I'd like to request Magitech Templar.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh, and I'm interested in the Forsaken. What is there to know there?
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So, I'm thinking every group like this needs a heavily armored fighting type. Pity I can't use Goliath.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

That said, I'd like to request Magitech Templar.
    Who said no Goliaths? All I wanted to know is if you decide on a race outside the basic races. Due to a past campaign where someone thought it was fine adding templates to their whisper gnome both of which they didnít tell or ask me about. I honestly love using Goliath race so it doesnít bother me. Also interesting class. Read it looks good you can use it.

Also for the forsaken bit though you picked the worst one for your class I believe. There hardcore anti magic and use elements not known to this world. I classify it as basically anti matter beam cannons. You sure you want them? Iíll give you more info in private if you still do hahaha

Edit: hmmm I might be able to tweak a few things to make it work though and chalk it up to learning from the past though. Iíll write it down for later :3
    Last edited by Agro; 2019-05-12 at 08:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    Who said no Goliaths? All I wanted to know is if you decide on a race outside the basic races. Due to a past campaign where someone thought it was fine adding templates to their whisper gnome both of which they didnít tell or ask me about. I honestly love using Goliath race so it doesnít bother me. Also interesting class. Read it looks good you can use it.
    It's the starting level of 1 that is steering me away from Goliath. I'd like to actually have a class level when we start, lol! :)

Also for the forsaken bit though you picked the worst one for your class I believe. There hardcore anti magic and use elements not known to this world. I classify it as basically anti matter beam cannons. You sure you want them? Iíll give you more info in private if you still do hahaha

Edit: hmmm I might be able to tweak a few things to make it work though and chalk it up to learning from the past though. Iíll write it down for later :3
    Antimatter beams, eh?
    Hm... With no info beforehand, I was taking a shot in the dark there. But honestly... The more I think on it, the more I like it. I mean, yeah, I could say Devil's, Fiends, or Undead (all lovely options) but that would have less gravitas than the heavy armor face-beater who thrives fighting antimatter beams.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

(1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[17]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[13]

Hm... Not sure what to play...

Edit: Though super neat concept on the game pitch, though!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-05-12 at 09:39 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

It's the starting level of 1 that is steering me away from Goliath. I'd like to actually have a class level when we start, lol! :)

Antimatter beams, eh?
    Hm... With no info beforehand, I was taking a shot in the dark there. But honestly... The more I think on it, the more I like it. I mean, yeah, I could say Devil's, Fiends, or Undead (all lovely options) but that would have less gravitas than the heavy armor face-beater who thrives fighting antimatter beams.
    Well you can live at lvl 0 with valor thing xD but gotcha.

Also I kinda wanted to keep those three kinda hidden but Iíll give a rough summary of each.

The Forsaken - Anti matter/antimagic. Anti matter blasts and shields. Kinda like naked apes with hallowed eyes (rough description.)

The Darkness - Hard troops. Kinda looks like a fully armored knight with red eyes. Each are roughly 10-20 feet tall. Armor is really hard and they reform if there not dealt with in a certain way. (Like Uber tanks filled with rushers.)

Abominations - Mangled freaks and the most unpredictable. They have a bunch of random powers so can extend there arms like whips. Some might have a giant arm an a itty bitty arm. Really deformed creatures hard to kill in large qualities.

All three are hard. I might be making them look a tad weaker but donít underestimate them. There stronger then the other 4 categories for a reason o.o

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[20]

I died fighting The Darkness.
    ďIt's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.Ē
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Map for RotRL

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Hm... Not sure what to play...

Edit: Though super neat concept on the game pitch, though!
    Tyvm! Hope we get a bunch of people. Putting on my dm shoes that I took off for a few years. Hope I still got it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kvard51 View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

I died fighting The Darkness.
    Ooooohhh you picked the toughest force nice. And good rolls.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

May I play a Savage Plemora?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Abominations - Mangled freaks and the most unpredictable. They have a bunch of random powers so can extend there arms like whips. Some might have a giant arm an a itty bitty arm. Really deformed creatures hard to kill in large qualities.

And you just sold me on Abominations. Done.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    May I play a Savage Plemora?
    *coughs blood* canít allow it with some of my hidden mechanisms this would be to much itís normally a tad much regardless lol. But after you guys lvl once you will understand O.o

And you just sold me on Abominations. Done.
    What part sold you? Lol

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

You had my Intrest simply because of the title, your story just solidified everything.

(1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[14]

I do believe I'll take Shadows. I was contemplating a drow (I LOVE them) but that +2 LA makes life.... Difficult at level 1.

If drow is a no-go I might just go half-orc but I'm not entirely sold just yet.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Because no dwarf worth his god-given mountain plate armor could allow such things to exist. And this one sure as Stone won't be the first!

Edit: Though a warforged bent on destroying such anomalies would work exceptionally as well...
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2019-05-12 at 10:33 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpanda01 View Post
    You had my Intrest simply because of the title, your story just solidified everything.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

I do believe I'll take Shadows. I was contemplating a drow (I LOVE them) but that +2 LA makes life.... Difficult at level 1.

If drow is a no-go I might just go half-orc but I'm not entirely sold just yet.
    Ty the dm urge kept building up until it exploded out

Well I made some quick adjustments to drow if you really wanted it. The ones with a line through you can unlock at the cost of a lvl so you can pick them up for exp (1k for the 1st 3k for the next) hopefully that might work?
    Spoiler: Adjustments
    Show

+2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
    Darkvision out to 120 feet. This trait replaces the high elfís low-light vision.
    *(Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.)*
    +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
    Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drowís class levels.
    Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword. This trait replaces the high elfís weapon proficiency.
    Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin. This trait replaces the high elfís automatic and bonus languages.
    Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
    Favored Class: Wizard (male) or cleric (female). This trait replaces the high elfís favored class.
    Level adjustment +2.

Because no dwarf worth his god-given mountain plate armor could allow such things to exist. And this one sure as Stone won't be the first!

Edit: Though a warforged bent on destroying such anomalies would work exceptionally as well...
    But I donít see the war forged fitting the category remember there some requirements xD 1 being mortal 2 being able to at least bleed and lose limbs :3 (3) Have a strong will. I can see the dwarf rocking that but not so much for the construct! Sounds fun though a dwarf and a drow in a team :3 but up to you!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

You good sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Why do I foresee alot of LoTR references and Rivalry type situations...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Garrain 'Bearfist' of Three Mountains Stronghold, prophesied Champion of the Dwarven peoples, with equal parts pride and humility, at your service. May the steel of my armor match the steel of my heart.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpanda01 View Post
    You good sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Why do I foresee alot of LoTR references and Rivalry type situations...
    Because it helps in the face of total defeat? lol

Garrain 'Bearfist' of Three Mountains Stronghold, prophesied Champion of the Dwarven peoples, with equal parts pride and humility, at your service. May the steel of my armor match the steel of my heart.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to the flesh and blood.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

How exactly does this work?

Heroic Valor: Standing in the face of defeat. Refusing to give up. Even at the cost of your life. +10 Will Save. +10hp/lvl, +10 Concentration, +Endurance and Diehard. +1 Atk at full bab. Passive Heroic Valor Aura: +1 Atk and dmg rolls/lvl to allies within 5ft/lvl
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

How exactly does this work?

Think of it as a special passive you unlocked as you were sent back. All of it is a passive ability. Which part is the most confusing?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Simply when it applies. Are these always on?
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Simply when it applies. Are these always on?
    Yep. Itís going to be a nice little buff for the last fight. Trust me you will need it. I was even tempted to make it higher tbh. But decided not to.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Then I think I'm done shy of backstory.

Garrain 'Bearfist' of Three Mountains Stronghold
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Numbers wise, Minolin Jhalavar is done. I'll put together a background when I'm not working from my phone!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Interesting. I like the concept.

Let's see what the dice say.

Rolls:
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[18]

Edit: 18,18,16,14,14,13? I can work with that.
    Last edited by javcs; 2019-05-13 at 02:15 AM.
    No DM is ever truly out of tricks to mess with his/her players.
    No player is ever truly out of ways to surprise their DM.
    Spoiler
    Show