Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    No sorry Iím trying to keep people away from stat increasing classes and monsters for in game reasons.
    Alright then, back to the drawing board.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Any objection to a monk-variant swordsage?

3. - Top - End - #93

Let's throw some dice and see what happens.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[19]

I've always wanted to try out an Argent Fist, so Pally/Monk to start.
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-05-17 at 11:54 AM.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

4. - Top - End - #94

I have a couple thngs to run by- Is playing a Dragonborn Warforged fine? If so, then my current idea is to try Duskblade (with Grod's changes in this post, ignoring the familiar and Combating casting change)/Warblade/ and PF's Bladecaster.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    I have a couple thngs to run by- Is playing a Dragonborn Warforged fine? If so, then my current idea is to try Duskblade (with Grod's changes in this post, ignoring the familiar and Combating casting change)/Warblade/ and PF's Bladecaster.
    From earlier in the thread:
    But I donít see the war forged fitting the category remember there some requirements xD 1 being mortal 2 being able to at least bleed and lose limbs :3 (3) Have a strong will. I can see the dwarf rocking that but not so much for the construct! Sounds fun though a dwarf and a drow in a team :3 but up to you!
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Would that include p-classes that provide temporary bonuses, like Chameleon?
    Well itís mainky due to them being a perk will eventually end up being a disadvantage. When you get to level 20 I think your stats will at least be half of what a god has. So it wouldnít be as useful. So Iím tryin to give people a chance lol. But if your find with that we can try and work with it

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think I'd like to go against the Darkness, table updated. Will there be an issue if there are multiple people on the same portal?

Also how is everyone else getting so many 18-20 stats? o.o

Well itís mainky due to them being a perk will eventually end up being a disadvantage. When you get to level 20 I think your stats will at least be half of what a god has. So it wouldnít be as useful. So Iím tryin to give people a chance lol. But if your find with that we can try and work with it
    [nitpick]Half the stats of a god seems a bit low. Most deities have stats around 25-50, so 12-25 doesn't seem particularly impressive. [/nitpick]

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    Player Name Class Race Character Sheet Opposing Faction wanted Done? Willing to change faction? Y/N Approved
    The Undefeated Berserker Paragon Human Pending Any preferably darkness Nope Yep Void
    LairdMaon Magitech Templar Dwarf Garrain 'Bearfist' Abominations Just need background. Yes, but prefer not to. Hopefully!
    jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar Lord Ianice Undead nope Yes, but would require some rework Void
    Morcleon Radiant Lesser Aasimar Aster Velorius Darkness No Perhaps Void
    JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1908572 Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Sheet done, just background to finish
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    From earlier in the thread:
    Aw crap. Are my planned classes okay? : Grod's duskblade /Warblade/ and PF's Bladecaster.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    I think I'd like to go against the Darkness, table updated. Will there be an issue if there are multiple people on the same portal?

Also how is everyone else getting so many 18-20 stats? o.o

[nitpick]Half the stats of a god seems a bit low. Most deities have stats around 25-50, so 12-25 doesn't seem particularly impressive. [/nitpick]
    Not the wimpy gods? Lol like between 30-50 in some of your attributes

Also there lucky? Lol

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Would that include p-classes that provide temporary bonuses, like Chameleon?
    You can take it. Just was giving people a heads up.

Any objection to a monk-variant swordsage?
    Technically you can be a swordsage and already fight like a monk. You donít need a weapon. Is there a specific variant your looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Aw crap. Are my planned classes okay? : Grod's duskblade /Warblade/ and PF's Bladecaster.
    Thatís fine.

Sorry about that missed some questions due to not seeing that it increased to 4th page. Activity is rising o.o
    If I missed something or if there were other questions remind me because sometimes I miss something.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lets see what dem bones say

(1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I proudly proclaim myself The Godking of Psionics, disagree? lets talk about it.

Shocki, Dom's Pet Dragons (10 of em)

Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    Can I sig the Lmao Yee btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Is the opponent we faced at the gates last life neccesarily the same as the one we face this life or will it be subject to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Player Name Class Race Character Sheet Opposing Faction wanted Done? Willing to change faction? Y/N Approved
    The Undefeated Berserker Paragon Human Pending Any preferably darkness Nope Yep Void
    LairdMaon Magitech Templar Dwarf Garrain 'Bearfist' Abominations Just need background. Yes, but prefer not to. Hopefully!
    jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar Lord Ianice Undead nope Yes, but would require some rework Void
    Morcleon Radiant Lesser Aasimar Aster Velorius Undecided No - Void
    JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1908572 Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    Nap Captain Duskblade Wood Elf Davorlan Undead Yes Yes -
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Sheet and background done for my duskblade: added to the table.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nap Captain View Post
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Sheet and background done for my duskblade: added to the table.
    Sorry about this, but when I put my link to mythweavers in I forgot to put the correct text in to have it show the name. Iíve corrected it since but by that point it had been copy pasted with the next sheet so would it be possible for you to Edit your table into showing my link by name?
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-18 at 08:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran Chinnok/ Oan Afa Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Is the opponent we faced at the gates last life neccesarily the same as the one we face this life or will it be subject to change?
    Good question. You donít have to fight them again but you would have to role play ig with another hero to switch

17. - Top - End - #107

DruidGuy

jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar Lord Ianice Undead Yes Yes, but would require some rework Void
    JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran Chinnok/ Oan Afa Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

background finished

Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Can I clear something up? Is the implication that first time around we all acquired greatness in various organisations and then simply happened to be the strongest when the portals opened? Or is it that we fought together as adventures before we found out about the portals, then gathered armies to our already well-known group? I assumed the second but others seem to have assumed the first so I want to know if I need to make edits.

19. - Top - End - #109

DruidGuy

i think it's more the first, otherwise all of our backgrounds would have to match, at least partially.

i think after our "resurrection" we're going to meet in the proverbial tavern (or however argo spins session 1 :D ) and form a new group.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

LairdMaon Magitech Templar Dwarf Garrain 'Bearfist' Abominations Yes! Yes, but prefer not to. Hopefully!
    jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar Lord Ianice Undead Yes Yes, but would require some rework Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Background complete.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Can I clear something up? Is the implication that first time around we all acquired greatness in various organisations and then simply happened to be the strongest when the portals opened? Or is it that we fought together as adventures before we found out about the portals, then gathered armies to our already well-known group? I assumed the second but others seem to have assumed the first so I want to know if I need to make edits.
    Either or. No matter what you know each other in one way or another through rumors or when you all meet together with everyone as the world tried to fend off the horde of enemies.
    i think it's more the first, otherwise all of our backgrounds would have to match, at least partially.

i think after our "resurrection" we're going to meet in the proverbial tavern (or however argo spins session 1 :D ) and form a new group.
    Who says Iíll let you guys meet up so easily? Lol. Might even try to kill one of you. Just because you guys were sent back doesnít mean only you can be brought back. Ha ha ha

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK, in that case my current backstory doesnít make to much sense as others seems to have opted for leadership in their own groups. I think Iíll likely be a leader of reinforcements from the elemental plane of air that attempted to serve as cavalry for the fiendish gate but arrived to late, figuring out how I got there ASAP.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ha ha! Garrain was hardly acting in any leadership capacity on that first go around. He was a hard drinker, a womanizer, and lazy.

At best he was a pathetic excuse for a figurehead.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2019-05-19 at 02:32 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Ha ha! Garrain was hardly acting in any leadership capacity on that first go around. He was a hard drinker, a womanizer, and lazy.

At best he was a pathetic excuse for a figurehead.
    To be fair, amongst dwarfs that first quality is essential for leadership. Also being a prophesied leader is always good even if the prophecy was only right in round 2. Anyway, itís nice to see a charachter with real true flaws.

An another topic, Iím thinking Chinnok now met an air weird who with their powers of divining relating to journeyís foretold a part of what was to come. Chinnok served the air weird for some time as it taught him a small measure of clerical magic. He then went back out to the wider world and completed his journey but eventually returned to the side of the weird. This time it allowed him through the portal into the plane of elemental air where he lived for some time and swore an oath to serve them. On his return he joined the skypledged and travelled between these planes, eventually bringing an army of elementals and outsiders to try and seal the fiendish gate but falling a little short.

25. - Top - End - #115

DruidGuy

I have a general PBP question to ask, as this is my first attempt at doing one

what is the general timeline/procedure for the pre-game?

I gather from the table thus far that say 20 people could submit a sheet/background, and the DM will choose which to include in their game. In one such as this w/ no alternates, does that mean the other 13 folks just go away?

Likewise, in a game w/ alternates, how does that work? do you just follow along and update your character as you go in case you ever have to jump in to the round?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground

How will equipment costs be converted now that gold is so much more valuable? A dagger (2 gp) costing 10 years of comfortable living doesn't seem quite right.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I have a general PBP question to ask, as this is my first attempt at doing one

what is the general timeline/procedure for the pre-game?

I gather from the table thus far that say 20 people could submit a sheet/background, and the DM will choose which to include in their game. In one such as this w/ no alternates, does that mean the other 13 folks just go away?

Likewise, in a game w/ alternates, how does that work? do you just follow along and update your character as you go in case you ever have to jump in to the round?
    With alternates basically is if people drop out and you need more to keep it within your dm plan/flow of the story is mainly what I previously used it for. As for the table I made it bigger in case some people who added to it drop before we start. Otherwise it tends to make people shy away if they already see a full table.

Mainly background is key sheet is second. Iím just waiting for at least 7 submissions thatís are ready to be looked over so I can rewrite some of my ideas and switch up starting area and land names to fit with the story line more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    How will equipment costs be converted now that gold is so much more valuable? A dagger (2 gp) costing 10 years of comfortable living doesn't seem quite right.
    No actually I just find saying 2 gold for a dagger seems all to much considering what commons make. The table is 1 g = 100 s = 10,000copper. So instead of 2gold for a dagger 2 silver is correct currency.
    1 g in new currency is 100 silver
    1 silver is 100 copper.
    I just feel everything is gold focused but 70 % of the worlds people make copper so if 2 g is a dagger nobody can afford one.

Basically think of all passed dnd gold as silver and 100silver makes a gold coin.

Example. Full plate is 15 gold. Still expensive and average common wouldnít be able to afford it easily as well.

I basically wanted currency to be more valuable. I hope I cleared this up? I knew it might have been a bit tricky. Thanks for asking though I should have explained it more in depth before.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

So just to clarify, the 5 silver we have is enough to buy stuff that would usually cost 5gp?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So just to clarify, the 5 silver we have is enough to buy stuff that would usually cost 5gp?
    Yep but in the beginning itís just pocket change for daily expenses. Depending on backstories generally you would have a weapon or armor.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yep but in the beginning itís just pocket change for daily expenses. Depending on backstories generally you would have a weapon or armor.
    Yeah, but I might convert some of it into trail rations in advance. And maybe a bedroll, just normal travelling-camping stuff.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-21 at 10:44 AM.