Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Looks very interesting :)

Rolling:
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[11]

Nice...exactly +8 :)

With these stats, would a homebrew like this fly in your game?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...hteous-Warlock

I feel it fits the general background quite well. Shadows or Darkness, maybe.
    Last edited by Simba; 2019-05-13 at 02:36 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

A fight against evil and darkness and all the despair of the world? What better time for a magical girl to shine?

(Requesting specifically Stargazer (base class) and Child of Light (PrC), though the Radiant Armaments and Illuminations would be useful to read through if you want more insight on how it works. The tldr is just that it's like ToB but magical and a bit more customizable.)

Rolls:
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[12]

19, 15, 15, 13, 12, 12. That's not a bad stat array for what's essentially a caster type.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2019-05-13 at 10:28 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, looking over Oslecamo's stuff, what about a Song Dragon?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Then I think I'm done shy of backstory.

Garrain 'Bearfist' of Three Mountains Stronghold
    Glancing over it you grabbed some high end gear, I can make adjustments but if you run with that much when everyone elseís has 5 silver and basic clothing you will take a giant dip for exp.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Looks very interesting :)

Rolling:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Nice...exactly +8 :)

With these stats, would a homebrew like this fly in your game?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...hteous-Warlock

I feel it fits the general background quite well. Shadows or Darkness, maybe.
    Thatís ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Okay, looking over Oslecamo's stuff, what about a Song Dragon?
    Ah I might not have explained well. First off the bonus from a monster class wouldnít be as effective in my campaign due to reasons. Also the Savage template would be extremely powerful do to the bonuses so wouldnít be able to allow that as well. Sorry.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Amid mountaintops, as hellish legions poured through the gate a angle figure flew through a thunderstorm to face the foe. Wind moving at his command it threw back legions of minor foes, sending a horde of imps back to the hells, a bharghest leaped for his throat from the ledge above but disintegrated in the surrounding cyclone. With one outstretched hand a divine light obliterated three vrocks while his wings carried him upwards, out of range of the Marilithís reachings hands yet below the fearsome bit of the Nalafshnae above him.

He was a conquerer, champion of the Sky gods and lord of the air and armies of divine elemental service came with him. Yet even his divine power was limited, slowly spells began piercing his defences. Eventually a greater Balor caught his mighty wing with the infernal whip and dragged him in close. All he could do as a last act of defiance was thrust his blessed spear through the Fiends chest and die in that unconstrained Blast.

So if thatís not clear I wish to play a raptoran cleric going into skypledged taking racial substitution levels (Race and Prestige class from RotW). Who died in combat with the fiends, will get to work making he character and fleshing out the origin ASAP.

(1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[17]

Not as high as I was hoping but eh, that happens sometimes.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-13 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    Glancing over it you grabbed some high end gear, I can make adjustments but if you run with that much when everyone elseís has 5 silver and basic clothing you will take a giant dip for exp.
    Two items, the urgrosh and the battle plate.
    The urgrosh is an adaptable weapon. I have no interest in two weapon combat, so I'd use it as either an axe or a spear, both options can be used one- or two-handed.
    The battle plate. Magitech Templar doesn't get to trade out armor as they go. They get their first armor from their sponsor (a church, as written) and use it until they die. As it is, I'm looking at Armor Check Penalties out the wazoo. And it cost me a precious Feat to be able to use it.

I'll look again to see if I can get anything else to fit Garrain well.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Definitely interested in this. Are you looking for "hero" type characters, or would a sneaky type fit the bill?

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[19]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    A fight against evil and darkness and all the despair of the world? What better time for a magical girl to shine?

(Requesting specifically Stargazer (base class) and Child of Light (PrC), though the Radiant Armaments and Illuminations would be useful to read through if you want more insight on how it works. The tldr is just that it's like ToB but magical and a bit more customizable.)

Rolls:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

19, 15, 15, 13, 12, 12. That's not a bad stat array for what's essentially a caster type.
    Reading over the stuff but so far donít see a problem. Looking more into it as well

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Amid mountaintops, as hellish legions poured through the gate a angle figure flew through a thunderstorm to face the foe. Wind moving at his command it threw back legions of minor foes, sending a horde of imps back to the hells, a bharghest leaped for his throat from the ledge above but disintegrated in the surrounding cyclone. With one outstretched hand a divine light obliterated three vrocks while his wings carried him upwards, out of range of the Marilithís reachings hands yet below the fearsome bit of the Nalafshnae above him.

He was a conquerer, champion of the Sky gods and lord of the air and armies of divine elemental service came with him. Yet even his divine power was limited, slowly spells began piercing his defences. Eventually a greater Balor caught his mighty wing with the infernal whip and dragged him in close. All he could do as a last act of defiance was thrust his blessed spear through the Fiends chest and die in that unconstrained Blast.

So if thatís not clear I wish to play a raptoran cleric going into skypledged taking racial substitution levels (Race and Presteigne class from RotW). Who died in combat with the fiends, will get to work making he character and fleshing out the origin ASAP.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Not as high as I was hoping but eh, that happens sometimes.
    Nice bones so far a bit surprised your not going undead route with cleric but all works

The urgrosh is an adaptable weapon. I have no interest in two weapon combat, so I'd use it as either an axe or a spear, both options can be used one- or two-handed.
    The battle plate. Magitech Templar doesn't get to trade out armor as they go. They get their first armor from their sponsor (a church, as written) and use it until they die. As it is, I'm looking at Armor Check Penalties out the wazoo. And it cost me a precious Feat to be able to use it.

Iíll re look over it and check I thought I read something else. If it said that my bad lol. They wrote a lot down lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nap Captain View Post
    Definitely interested in this. Are you looking for "hero" type characters, or would a sneaky type fit the bill?

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Either is fine to be honest the end fight is a ways off. Pick what you like. A lot of things are okay by me. Background influences me the most so thatís the biggest qualifier.

P.s nice rolls

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Man I looked so far into that class that I literally forgot the first line saying itís ok xD so thatís fine as for weapon I have to let you have it since you church would be an idiot otherwise. Gave a big fancy suit but no weapon? Lol

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rolls:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Looking over it a bit in depth it seems like a giant mesh from a few powerful classes and the only draw back I see is the lower health and bab but valor covers that. Making the class at least twice as powerful. Do you have any alternative classes you would want to play?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Let's see what I can make from what I roll:

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

1d10+10[/roll]
    1d10+10[/roll]
    1d10+10[/roll]

1d10+10[/roll]
    1d10+10[/roll]
    1d10+10[/roll]
    Archmage Camus Shatris, the Master Abjurer.
    Ubirajara Snake, the indigean cook snakemaster.

"Savages. All of them!", Archmage Camus.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Screwed the rolls on the last post, sorry for double posting.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[16]

(1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[17]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    Archmage Camus Shatris, the Master Abjurer.
    Ubirajara Snake, the indigean cook snakemaster.

"Savages. All of them!", Archmage Camus.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

Interest in this, let's see what I can roll.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[17]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Mechanics for Chinok (Public Name) mostly done. Adding background soonish.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1908572

17. - Top - End - #47

Looking over it a bit in depth it seems like a giant mesh from a few powerful classes and the only draw back I see is the lower health and bab but valor covers that. Making the class at least twice as powerful. Do you have any alternative classes you would want to play?
    Could you clarify what you mean by the bolded bit? I'm not quite understanding where that part is coming from.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Could you clarify what you mean by the bolded bit? I'm not quite understanding where that part is coming from.
    Well roughly itís giving me a Warblade/magitech (for both a weapon and armor) and it seems like it added a touch of monk for ageless body and merciful thing. Lastly complex formula ability is touched on for a few classes. All in all it just seems to take some key elements from classes and pays for it with lower hd and bab with the Heroic valor covers. Thatís why Iím thinking itís too much for this campaign due to hidden elements.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

(1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[13]

Gets my blood pumping...endless hordes back to the wall nowhere left to go...very fun hahahaha. Warrior blood building...must fight.

I love these scenarios. As you might tell I would be a front line fighting type character not sure of class or race yet. If need be Iíll pick human. I like looking through my choice of weapons first. ^_^

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Ahhhhh sneaky dm hahahaha

The Seven Realms Converge!

(1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[20]

Letís see if there higher if not other ones are just fine as well,

Edit same amount but a bit more condensed for 3 nice,

Edit edit: found my class Berserker, Gardags (3.5e Class) from dnd wiki kinda like a barbarian alt. With pluses and minuses in there respected places. It also fits perfectly to the theme. Planning on making my guy a bandits chief son. Maybe the first time through I Attack the heroes party and joined because they were strong.

Bare bones for final fight is his bandit camp weíre slain fighting with their hearts on the line. At the end only he was left when all his comrades and friends died. With his last hurrah he charged with all his power onwards. (Will be more detailed later on when I pick faction and other tie bits.)

Edit edit (final edit until someone replies donít want to do the breaking triple post.) decided on Human Paragon/Berserker, Gardags classes. Can I combine last two Paragon class lvls and ditch the spells? Iím not really going to use magic. Honestly I just want the level 2 feat and a human Paragon title. It also suit some my characters design. So mostly for role play. Let me know dm!
    Last edited by The Undefeated; 2019-05-13 at 05:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Undefeated View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Gets my blood pumping...endless hordes back to the wall nowhere left to go...very fun hahahaha. Warrior blood building...must fight.

I love these scenarios. As you might tell I would be a front line fighting type character not sure of class or race yet. If need be Iíll pick human. I like looking through my choice of weapons first. ^_^
    Alrighty
    Quote Originally Posted by The Undefeated View Post
    Ahhhhh sneaky dm hahahaha

The Seven Realms Converge!

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Letís see if there higher if not other ones are just fine as well,

Edit same amount but a bit more condensed for 3 nice,

Edit edit: found my class Berserker, Gardags (3.5e Class) from dnd wiki kinda like a barbarian alt. With pluses and minuses in there respected places. It also fits perfectly to the theme. Planning on making my guy a bandits chief son. Maybe the first time through I Attack the heroes party and joined because they were strong.

Bare bones for final fight is his bandit camp weíre slain fighting with their hearts on the line. At the end only he was left when all his comrades and friends died. With his last hurrah he charged with all his power onwards. (Will be more detailed later on when I pick faction and other tie bits.)

Edit edit (final edit until someone replies donít want to do the breaking triple post.) decided on Human Paragon/Berserker, Gardags classes. Can I combine last two Paragon class lvls and ditch the spells? Iím not really going to use magic. Honestly I just want the level 2 feat and a human Paragon title. It also suit some my characters design. So mostly for role play. Let me know dm!
    Ah the combo seems to really tie in for the Setting also I can customize human template to make it like this

Paragon Human:
    Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Human base land speed is 30 feet.
    1 extra feat at 1st level. this feat can be any feat for which the human paragon is qualified (he is not restricted to a special list of bonus feats). The character must meet the prerequisites for the bonus feat normally.
    4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
    Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
    Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Yep just added 2 lines. Also this is a race now not a class. (This is the whole racial buss as well)

Also kinda glad someone saw my hidden dm thing, I like hiding tidbits here and there.

22. - Top - End - #52

Well roughly itís giving me a Warblade/magitech (for both a weapon and armor) and it seems like it added a touch of monk for ageless body and merciful thing. Lastly complex formula ability is touched on for a few classes. All in all it just seems to take some key elements from classes and pays for it with lower hd and bab with the Heroic valor covers. Thatís why Iím thinking itís too much for this campaign due to hidden elements.
    The weapon and armor are intended to be more just "you get some slightly better than normal stuff because magical girl". Ageless Body and Merciful are pretty much just ribbon elements without a significant mechanical benefit. Complex Formula is because Stargazer's niche is the caster-type magical girl and so it gets better illuminations. Power level wise, all of the Tome of Radiance class are solidly tier 3. If Child of Light is too much for the campaign, I can switch to a different PrC, probably Listener of Light or Stormcaller.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

I'm going to go for a (human or woodelf) duskblade that fell fighting the undead. Anything I should know, or are the undead your standard zombie armies?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rolls:

(1d10+10)[12]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[17]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[18]

Try and get above +7 total this time.

Also, when are we going back to? Back when the groups was formed/completed or slightly before then?
    Will we know anything about events that have not yet taken place as we already lived this time or will other forces create immediate divergence.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-14 at 07:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Rolls:

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Try and get above +7 total this time.

Also, when are we going back to? Back when the groups was formed/completed or slightly before then?
    Will we know anything about events that have not yet taken place as we already lived this time or will other forces create immediate divergence.
    The very start of your journey before you met. And yes you will nice thinking! ;) I was going to write in details for encountering npcs and cities from the What you remember during it. Minor meta gaming but since you have been to the future itís different.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I'm interested...

(1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[19]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[20]
    (1d10+10)[11]

Not sure what to use it for though. I was thinking duskblade, but you already have one... Maybe a sorceror/bard? Or a crossclassing paladin?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    I'm interested...

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Not sure what to use it for though. I was thinking duskblade, but you already have one... Maybe a sorceror/bard? Or a crossclassing paladin?
    *coughs bloodd* +21? Good rolls O.o

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

if you still have room, sorry, i lost count of players :(

[roll]1d10+10[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+10[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+10[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+10[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+10[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+10[/roll]

no concept in mind yet, i'll work on it once I know if you've a slot for me...

and the roll isn't working for me :(
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-05-15 at 09:09 AM.

Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    if you still have room, sorry, i lost count of players :(

(1d10+10)[14]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[18]
    (1d10+10)[13]
    (1d10+10)[11]

no concept in mind yet, i'll work on it once I know if you've a slot for me...

and the roll isn't working for me :(
    If you edit the post or preview it, it might not work properly. You need to have the rolls posted the first time.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

So, anyone want to link backgrounds with me?
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard