Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

For background, Iím thinking a pretty average Raptoran who journeyed out with five-odd fellow youngsters to see the world and learn the ways others live. The son of a pretty major Druid but he coasted mostly off his reputation rather than studying the creed. When they were staying in a port town a vicious storm rolled towards them, picking up speed and strength as it went.

By his claims he was called upon by the common folk to use his ďmystical connection to the high lords of wind and skyĒ to beseech them to avoid the storm. Out of a strange mixture of pride, shame and fear of ridicule he was compelled to journey there. Though his resolve eventually broke and he tried to run he was pulled in and blacked out.

He woke some miles from the town, amongst the foothills of inland mountains and accompanying him was a single wind spirit. He found a message to pounding in his head with the force of thunder. To meet others seeking to do good at *insert location here* and use the blessings and mercy of the Sky Gods for worthy causes.

This is where I think I would likely be sent back to.

From then he presumably sought out the group, joined them and did a bunch of heroics leading to the seven battles at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    So, anyone want to link backgrounds with me?
    Iím open to it if you can find a good way that fits.

@Argo Raptoran sorcerers can choose to have a small air elemental as a familiar instead of the standard options. If I take the Obtain Familiar feat could this be extended please?

Realised obtain familiar requires both higher spellcaster levels and arcane casting. Never mind.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-15 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) dm urge...flaring up.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! !

Would be interested, but I'm still waiting on confirmation on whether I should go pick a different class and don't have many character details locked down yet.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    For background, Iím thinking a pretty average Raptoran who journeyed out with five-odd fellow youngsters to see the world and learn the ways others live. The son of a pretty major Druid but he coasted mostly off his reputation rather than studying the creed. When they were staying in a port town a vicious storm rolled towards them, picking up speed and strength as it went.

By his claims he was called upon by the common folk to use his ďmystical connection to the high lords of wind and skyĒ to beseech them to avoid the storm. Out of a strange mixture of pride, shame and fear of ridicule he was compelled to journey there. Though his resolve eventually broke and he tried to run he was pulled in and blacked out.

He woke some miles from the town, amongst the foothills of inland mountains and accompanying him was a single wind spirit. He found a message to pounding in his head with the force of thunder. To meet others seeking to do good at *insert location here* and use the blessings and mercy of the Sky Gods for worthy causes.

This is where I think I would likely be sent back to.

From then he presumably sought out the group, joined them and did a bunch of heroics leading to the seven battles at the gates.

Iím open to it if you can find a good way that fits.

@Argo Raptoran sorcerers can choose to have a small air elemental as a familiar instead of the standard options. If I take the Find Familiar feat could this be extended please?
    For what to be extended exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Would be interested, but I'm still waiting on confirmation on whether I should go pick a different class and don't have many character details locked down yet.
    Ah sorry yesterday was my kick back day so kinda got hardcore distracted. The mage girl I say is a no go for this campaign sorry. Stormcaster or storm caller? Your alt classes are some Iím not familiar with lol

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    For what to be extended exactly?

Ah sorry yesterday was my kick back day so kinda got hardcore distracted. The mage girl I say is a no go for this campaign sorry. Stormcaster or storm caller? Your alt classes are some Iím not familiar with lol
    For me to take an air elemental familiar with the obtain familiar feat. However as I noted above this would not be possible due to requiring higher levelled arcane spellcasting.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

For me to take an air elemental familiar with the obtain familiar feat. However as I noted above this would not be possible due to requiring higher levelled arcane spellcasting.
    My brain isnít processing. Lol

So there is a feat for familiars? Where and what does it do? Then when I read it we can make it work lol

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

My brain isnít processing. Lol

So there is a feat for familiars? Where and what does it do? Then when I read it we can make it work lol
    Obtain Familiar

( Complete Arcane, p. 81)

[General]

You gain a familiar.
    Prerequisite
    Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, arcane caster level 3rd,
    Benefit
    You can obtain a familiar in the same manner as a sorcerer or wizard (see the sorcerer class description and the accompanying sidebar, page 52 of the Player's Handbook). As with a sorcerer or wizard, obtaining a familiar takes 24 hours and uses up magic materials worth 100 gp. For the purpose of determining familiar abilities that depend on your arcane caster class level, your levels in all classes that allow you to cast arcane spells stack.

ACF:
    Elemental Familiar (Ex): A 1st-level raptoran sorcerer can obtain a Small air elemental as a familiar. The elementalís hit points are equal to its normal hit points or one half its masterís hit points, whichever are greater. The elemental familiar does not gain the ability to speak with animals. This familiar otherwise functions identically to the standard sorcererís familiar ability.
    This substitution feature replaces the standard sorcererís familiar ability gained at 1st level.

I was enquiring as to whether I could use the above feat to get an air elemental familiar as Raptoran sorcerers do. I had intended to dip sorcerer if I rolled better but didnít have the CHA for it so this was the alternative.

7. - Top - End - #67

That's fine.

Listener of Light and Stormcaller are both Tome of Radiance classes, so those are out now too. I'm gonna try to stick to the concept of magical girl though (even if not with the classes), so would Radiant be okay? It's essentially warlock but more melee oriented and loses ranged stuff for tankiness.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Can someone explain to me what exactly a magical girl is/means in terms of powers and themes.

Is it an anime thing?
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-15 at 01:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Can someone explain to me what exactly a magical girl is/means in terms of powers and themes.

Is it an anime thing?
    Yeah, it's an anime thing. Basically, it's a combination of coming-of-age, fighting against the darkness of the world, and the power of friendship, usually featuring girls (and people of other genders too) who have come upon powerful magics to save the world. The fluff at the start of the Tome of Radiance further explains it, especially with how it would fit in D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    The Wielders of Light

Light is everywhere. It springs from the candle at a child's bedside, warding off the monsters in the dark. It shines from the sun, high in the sky, bringing life and warmth to all the lands of the world. It hangs in the endless void between stars, bearing witness to the awesome splendor of the universe. It lingers in the Astral expanses between worlds. But more than anywhere else - more than in the brightest lamp, or fiercest fire - Light shines in the hearts and souls of mortals.

Not all of them can feel it. Most truly experience the surging of light a handful of times in their life. But for some, the light is a calling. It is a purpose, ingrained into their very nature - to live and breathe as the beacons to hold fast to the light in an often dark and terrible world.

The children of light fight for a bright new day. A morning that shines in innocence, where love and laughter drown out the wicked dark. Their hope burns strong and swift, though older and wiser heads will gently rebuke such fanciful dreams. For even the sternest admonition must falter before wide and innocent eyes.

After all... what wonders might be wrought if they are right?
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2019-05-15 at 01:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Obtain Familiar

( Complete Arcane, p. 81)

[General]

You gain a familiar.
    Prerequisite
    Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, arcane caster level 3rd,
    Benefit
    You can obtain a familiar in the same manner as a sorcerer or wizard (see the sorcerer class description and the accompanying sidebar, page 52 of the Player's Handbook). As with a sorcerer or wizard, obtaining a familiar takes 24 hours and uses up magic materials worth 100 gp. For the purpose of determining familiar abilities that depend on your arcane caster class level, your levels in all classes that allow you to cast arcane spells stack.

ACF:
    Elemental Familiar (Ex): A 1st-level raptoran sorcerer can obtain a Small air elemental as a familiar. The elementalís hit points are equal to its normal hit points or one half its masterís hit points, whichever are greater. The elemental familiar does not gain the ability to speak with animals. This familiar otherwise functions identically to the standard sorcererís familiar ability.
    This substitution feature replaces the standard sorcererís familiar ability gained at 1st level.

I was enquiring as to whether I could use the above feat to get an air elemental familiar as Raptoran sorcerers do. I had intended to dip sorcerer if I rolled better but didnít have the CHA for it so this was the alternative.
    Ah yep thatís fine with me.
    That's fine.

Listener of Light and Stormcaller are both Tome of Radiance classes, so those are out now too. I'm gonna try to stick to the concept of magical girl though (even if not with the classes), so would Radiant be okay? It's essentially warlock but more melee oriented and loses ranged stuff for tankiness.
    Sorry once again for before but Radiant is completely fine by me

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

If the fullblade variant allowed? would be lovely

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

I was planning on being a part of the traditional bandits that attack the party. You guys probably overpowered me and captured me. But maybe saw a reason to let me out or we got attacked and decided to let me fight with you.

Followed by his desire to battle lead him staying with you.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Undefeated View Post
    If the fullblade variant allowed? would be lovely
    Thatís fine.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Anyone know how to make one of those fancy tables?

15. - Top - End - #75

Anyone know how to make one of those fancy tables?
    Quote this to see the code.

Username Character Name Race/Class
    Example

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

i'd like to do a lesser aasimar (PGTF 191) & (Planar 6) lightbringer (expedition to castle ravenloft 206) cleric, vs undead

lightbringer is an turn attempt ACF that does 1d6/lvl damage to undead in a 30ft radius burst, WILL DC 10+CHA+Cleric level for 1/2 damage

Spoiler: wrong table probably
    Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    2nd New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    3rd New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    4th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    5th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    6th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    7th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    8th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    9th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    10th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    11th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    12th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    13th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    14th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    15th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    16th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    17th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    18th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    19th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    20th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-05-15 at 05:28 PM.

Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote this to see the code.

Username Character Name Race/Class
    Example
    Ah ok tyvm
    Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    i'd like to do a lesser aasimar (PGTF 191) & (Planar 6) lightbringer (expedition to castle ravenloft 206) cleric, vs undead

lightbringer is an turn attempt ACF that does 1d6/lvl damage to undead in a 30ft radius burst, WILL DC 10+CHA+Cleric level for 1/2 damage

Spoiler: wrong table probably
    Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    2nd New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    3rd New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    4th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    5th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    6th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    7th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    8th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    9th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    10th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    11th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    12th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    13th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    14th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    15th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    16th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    17th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    18th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    19th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    20th New Class Level +x +x +x +x Skills Feats New Class Abilities
    Yea both are fine.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Player Name Class Race Character Sheet Opposing Faction wanted Done? Willing to change faction? Y/N Approved
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Alrighty fill it in if your can.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Player Name Class Race Character Sheet Opposing Faction wanted Done? Willing to change faction? Y/N Approved
    The Undefeated Berserker Paragon Human Pending Any preferably darkness Nope Yep Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

20. - Top - End - #80

DruidGuy

would you be ok with the Dynamic Priest Feat from dragonlance's Legend of the Twins? Makes cleric SAD. Uses CHA instead of WIS for spells/day and spell level, dc is still WIS based

and, is Knight of the Raven (expedition to castle ravenloft 200) ok for a Prestige class?
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-05-15 at 06:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Undefeated Berserker Paragon Human Pending Any preferably darkness Nope Yep Void
    LairdMaon Magitech Templar Dwarf Garrain 'Bearfist' Abominations Just need background. Yes, but prefer not to. Hopefully!
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

22. - Top - End - #82

DruidGuy

LairdMaon Magitech Templar Dwarf Garrain 'Bearfist' Abominations Just need background. Yes, but prefer not to. Hopefully!
    jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar in progress Undead nope Yes, but would require some rework Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.

23. - Top - End - #83

jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar in progress Undead nope Yes, but would require some rework Void
    Morcleon Radiant Lesser Aasimar Aster Velorius Undecided No - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran Chinok Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-05-16 at 01:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    would you be ok with the Dynamic Priest Feat from dragonlance's Legend of the Twins? Makes cleric SAD. Uses CHA instead of WIS for spells/day and spell level, dc is still WIS based

and, is Knight of the Raven (expedition to castle ravenloft 200) ok for a Prestige class?
    Well the Dc increases with your charisma lol (itís fine)

Raven thing is fine too. Iím curious how you will work it into your backstory though

26. - Top - End - #86

DruidGuy

jdizzlean Cleric Lesser Aasimar Lord Ianice Undead nope Yes, but would require some rework Void
    JbeJ275 Cleric Raptoran https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1908572 Fiends Yes, aside from fleshing out backstory Yes Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void
    - - - - - - - Void

Sheet done, just background to finish

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to back out of this one guys.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would Battle Dragons be permitted?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Would Battle Dragons be permitted?
    No sorry Iím trying to keep people away from stat increasing classes and monsters for in game reasons.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

No sorry Iím trying to keep people away from stat increasing classes and monsters for in game reasons.
    Would that include p-classes that provide temporary bonuses, like Chameleon?